(IC) Old Cannith Ruins.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Ballast
 Fighter, 189 posts
 HP 65/65, AC: 22
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +3
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 01:41
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Ballast goes to aid Fenris in remaining upright, and more specifically dragging him to Cumarinda.  "You spend enemies' blood as easily as your own, Fenris.  Healer Cumarinda, are you all right?"
Fenris
 Barbarian, 47 posts
 H80/59, AC: 17/19 Rage
 F: +8, R: +5 (+7), W: +2
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 01:52
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The barbarian growls as the warforged goes to pick him up probably out of anger and frustation. Fenris looks at him, then glances at the cleric. His blade is lowered, and he looks in pain as blood covers his body. The elf remains standing, caked in his own blood and he spits out some blood.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 265 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 02:42
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Brankx, part way through his spell, ceased before casting as Fenris destroyed the elemental. The dwarf was often at odds with the barbarian, but he respected his skill and courage.

He walked up to the others and nodded to the elf. "Well done Fenris....ye did well." He looked around at the door. "Well, we've had earth, water and air....fire is all thats left"  he looks at the rest. "When i find this bastard.....i'm gonna give him a piece of me mind."
Fenris
 Barbarian, 48 posts
 H80/59, AC: 17/19 Rage
 F: +8, R: +5 (+7), W: +2
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 09:04
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Growling as the dwarf approaches, the barbarian grips his weapon. His eyes narrow and he keeps his distance by moving away from him. The comment gets no reply as Fenris moves down the sewer hole area with blood trickling down his side.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:10, Sat 19 Sept.

Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 229 posts
 HP 62/57, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Mon 21 Sep 2020
at 20:10
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Cumarinda regained her disturbed balance, with the majority of her wounds healed. She stepped forward between the elf and dwarf, standing slightly in front of the wounded barbarian. "As always since I've met you," she spoke softly to Fenris while placing both of her hands on his chest, "You continue to prove your courage and strength against our foes and show unexpected patience with you allies " Looking into his eyes she breathes, "Now wait for a moment while I bring the light of Pelor to heal you once again and we can be on our way."

After casting the healing prayer she turns to Brankx and Ballast, "Thank you both as well. Hopefully the fire we anticipate ahead of us will not be as much trouble as the other elementals we have faced so far."

OOC
Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 16 using 2d8+10.  Cure Moderate Wounds.

Fenris
 Barbarian, 49 posts
 H80/59, AC: 17/19 Rage
 F: +8, R: +5 (+7), W: +2
Mon 21 Sep 2020
at 20:51
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The barbarians hands reach up to the cleric, holding them. He feels the magic, still covered in blood but he does relax to a degree "No choice." Fenris can talk but doesn't do it often.
Ballast
 Fighter, 190 posts
 HP 65/65, AC: 22
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +3
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 10:53
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Ballast shakes his head at Brankx's comments.  "Considering our luck so far, I do not expect we will have a friendly encounter with the creature of fire.  This mage seems to take his privacy seriously.  Or else his guardians are very enthusiastic."  He will follow Fenris into the sewer pipe, senses alert for danger.
Lars Hayton
 NPC, 1 post
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 18:52
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
After a few moments, the group follow the sewer area and Fenris stops as he gets to the end. The room is about 30' tall and about 60' wide. Along the far wall it looks like a small libary. Several books rest on the table. Stone statues line the walls-one centered in the middle of the backwall. Two on each side of the walls.  It looks like a small study. Two chests rest against the wall beneath another bookshelf. Sitting there is a cloaked form, looking at a book. It flips the page at times and finally it looks up. The man stands up "So it seems I have been found. Who are you? If you wish not to tell so be it and leave my home. It seems my allies were no match but trust me-I am." His eyes narrow, glowing a green color as his body seems to get more bulky like stones.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 268 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 21:16
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The dwarf scowled at the man, clearly the person they were hear to see. He held a hand up to him. "Hold my friend....we didn't come here to fight ye or ye friends - though ye gave us little choice. All I ask of ye is time to explain why we are here. You hear us out and we will leave in peace if that's what ye wish."

The dwarf had the urge to swear at him, call him a fool, but he was tired and seen too much fighting since leaving town.

"In truth, we seek ye aide. Will ye hear us out?"
Lars Hayton
 NPC, 2 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 21:24
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
"Speak but keep your distance. If you approach, I will view it as another intrustion and will react accordingly." The man places his hands on the table, having one rub his chin "I am Lars Hayton."
Fenris
 Barbarian, 50 posts
 H80/75, AC: 17/19 Rage
 F: +8, R: +5 (+7), W: +2
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 21:24
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The barbarian tenses, and he wants to move forwards but stops as he glances at the cleric. He grunts and looks over at Lars gripping his sword.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 269 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 21:38
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The dwarf nodded, making no movements towards the man. "Me name is Brankx. My frieemnds here are Fenris, lady cumarinda and ballast. Th' mayor of Korthos sent us here to look for ye and get ye help. Th' town and island us starting ter freeze and he said ye have the power to help with that....some protection seal?"

Lars Hayton
 NPC, 3 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 12:52
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The man leans back, watching them. His eyes narrow when the dwarf speaks "Why should I aid the village? They are nothing but ingrates. For many years my relatives did as such. Nothing. Not a thank you, or aid from them. Nothing. Now it seems I am needed again, to be swallowed up." He leans back "You put me into a interesting position. My allies will re-appear but may take some time. Why do they need me when they seem to have you?"  The man slowly stands up and grabs his staff "I came here to escape. Shame." He goes to a bookshelf and looks at it before turning to them "A cleric of Pelor, a elf of the wilds it seems. Warforged, interesting. Very interesting, I know much of your kind. And a dwarf, by your looks a mage." He rubs his chin.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:31, Wed 23 Sept.

Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 270 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 07:20
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The dwarf smiled at the man's comments. "Yeah...they aren't th' most welcoming of lot. When I arrived they saw th' worst in me, but the mayor gave me a chance."

He leaned against the staff. "Ye be observant...I be a magic user. Not many dwarves like me out there."
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 230 posts
 HP 62/57, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 23:12
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
"Pardon me Master Mage Lars Hayton. I am Cumarinda Imbrex, as you have already observed, I am a devotee of the Great Sun Father Pelor. While some of the people of the village may not be worthy of your attention, there are goodhearted innocent people who will suffer and die without your help. " She looks into Lars' eyes expectantly, "We are blessed with power and skills of our own, yet we are not powerful enough to save the people from freezing or the Dragon."
Lars Hayton
 NPC, 4 posts
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 04:09
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
"Survival of the fittest." The wizard grabs his staff "I see little reason to use my skills to aid them. I do not like feeling used and that is indeed what will come to me if I return. But I can tell they seem important. Are any of my family still alive?" He watches them for a moment "I will go aid them but you must stop the Dragon or find a way to prevent it from doing damage to it once more. I have heard of a specific beast that controls it. Most dragons cannot be controlled so this will sound odd." He rubs his chin "There are several things working against you. The Sahuagin. A Cult of the Dragon. And of course the dragon itself. Long ago the dragon did not harm anyone here. Hunted in the mountain region. No one went there and survived. They left eachother alone but the dragon decided to attack several times. Cut off the trade."
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 271 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Sun 27 Sep 2020
at 21:52
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The dwarf had a sour look on his face as the man spoke. He sounded and acted as dwarvish as Fenris.

"I agree that being used isn't somethin' that should be done, but even though there be a lot o arrogant people, there also be innocents there too, not deservin' of a fate ter come."

He sighed as he continued. "Since arrivin' here I have had the pleasure of meeting ye wyrm when he attacked our ship, as well as those sea devils ye call Sahuagin. We found some o them in a crypt belongin' to the mayor. The cult....well I haven't heard o them, but given their name wouldn't put it past them either to interfere. "

"If ye price is to stop whoever is controlin' the wyrm, then i will help ye. You tell me any clues and I will follow. In return I ask somethin of ye...if ye willing, teach me some of ye skills."
 

This message was last edited by the player at 22:11, Sun 27 Sept.

Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 232 posts
 HP 62/57, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Sun 27 Sep 2020
at 22:01
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
"Please, Master Mage!" Cumarinda entreated, "We need to know more about our enemies and where to find them. Especially about the one who controls the Dragon and this trade we need to end."

She looked into his eyes, her expression both pleading and hopeful.


OOC
Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 18 using 1d20+9.  Diplomacy

Dungeon Master
 GM, 471 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2020
at 22:33
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
"The name is Lars Hayton. Use it. Don't call me Master Mage as you know nothing about me or my skills. They surpasse your own. And if I recall I told you I would aid you. Now I and thinking..."

The barbaran steps forwards, slowly pulling out his blade.

The mage holds a hand up and it glows a dark green "Step towards more any further and I will have no choice but to show you what I am capable of."

Gritting his teeth, Fenris stops where he is.

Glancing at the dwarf, he starts to chuckle "You? You want to be taught? Interesting to say the least.Probably less arrogant then you, dwarf. I will ponder this and if you faced the dragon you would be dead and this discussion is null and void." His attention goes to the cleric "It is rumored to be controlled by a Mindflayer deep within Misery Peak far to the north. The Dragon Cultist are there I suppose. I assume the mayor has the crystal in need of repair. Are any of my relatives alive?"

OOC
You'd know of one of them who is in charge of the tombs/cemetary.
Kaja Bauerdatter (not sure if you asked but you can assume and be right!) Probably the reason why she was upset. Don't think her name was mentioned but you can say the mayor told you and that shes related.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:58, Sun 27 Sept.

Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 272 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 00:20
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The dwarf smiled and nodded at Lars. "Too true....I'm no match fer the wyrm. The mayor has the crystal in need of repairing"

He glared at Fenris and snorted. "Fenris....by the gods, will ye stand down!"

He then again looked at Lars. "I believe ye have family there still...one warches the tombs. Goes by Kaja. Pretty upset when we saw her last, but in good health. Any other family, I don’tknow of but happy ter keep an eye out fer ya."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 474 posts
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 01:04
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The barbarian looks at the dwarf and stares at him, gripping his sheathed sword.

"Seems you are not good at making allies or friends Brankx. Course neither does the elf. Strange elf." The mage taps his staff "Kaja. I missed her." He rubs his bearded chin "Defending the cleric. A bodyguard." Lars leans against the table "Allies against allies and yet you want the best for the village and to kill the Dragon. Or at least stop it." He taps the staff again "We will go." He goes over to a chest, rummaging inside of it and puts it into a pack before standing up and speaks in a Draconic tone, moving the staff around "Take my staff. I will hold onto it."

Fenris glances back at the cleric and goes to take her hand removing his from the sheathe. He glances at the dwarf and warforged then back to Lars.

OOC
Can make a Spellcraft and a Knowledge (Arcana)

Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 273 posts
 HP 30 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +5
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 01:28
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Brankx recognised the incantation of the spell being used and smiled. He himself had not the power to use such a spell, but his mentor had the skill and had shown him.

The dwarf, holding his own staff in one hand, walked over to the man and held his staff with the other with a smile.

"Ye full of surprises I must say. Ye friends and now this...."

He looked at the others and nodded. "It be safe....trust me."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 475 posts
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 01:38
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
"I am not a ally or a friend. It needs to be done, nothing more." The mage holds out his staff as the dwarf takes it "And to see Kaja." A glowing orb begins to form, a combination of white, blue and purple.

The warforged takes the dwarf's hand and reaches out to the cleric. Fenris waits, holding his hand to the cleric as well.
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 233 posts
 HP 62/57, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 23:42
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
For the first time since entering the room, Cumarinda's smile returns. "Thank you Lars Hayton, may Lord Pelor bless all of your kith and kin," she prays with a warm smile.

Quickly, she takes the hands of both Ballast and Fenris, after slinging her shield to her back. Looking into the elf barbarian's eyes, she gently squeezes Fenris' fingers.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 476 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 00:20
Re: (IC) Old Cannith Ruins
As everyone takes the staff, the mage mutters a few more incantations. The glowing orb gets bigger and within seconds the entire group and Lars dissapears.

Off to Korthos.