(IC) Old Cannith Ruins.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 360 posts
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 22:44
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Despite wanting to go to all the areas, Fenris grumbles and takes the lead. Of course savingt the town is more important. They head outsde into the wilds outside of town. Its oddly warmer out here but not much. Besides basic wilderness animals, nothing it seen. Upon occasion, the barbarian stops and cooks up the squirrels and when anyone decides to bother him, he walks off. Why? A day passes and they arrive at the ruins.

https://comps.canstockphoto.co...mages_csp8206395.jpg
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 195 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 23:06
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
As they arrive at the ruins, the fire haired young priestess calls for
all the party to gather around her. Facing the sun, Cumarinda brings her palms together, bows her head and closes her eyes.
"Great Lord Pelor, Father of the Sun, Shining Master of Healing, and Lord of Light.
Please grant us all your blessings as we face darkness and evil.
Oh Father of Strength, fill us with power and courage
to vanquish evils known and unknown.
I, your faithful servant Curmarinda Imbrex, ask for these things so that
all that is good will prevail and your glorious light and warmth may shine ever brighter in the hearts of the people!"


Ending the prayer with her warm smile and a joyful look in her eyes, Cumarinda turned
to the rest of the party, "Now that we are blessed we will go find the mage and save the village."
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 211 posts
 HP 8/14 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +4
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 04:03
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
During the trip to the ruins, the dwarf was silent, mulling over some unknown thought. When he saw Fenris's behaviour, the dwarf just shook his head. Brankx had known him for a while....just as long as balayst, but was more of an enigma than the warforged.

...more unpredictable.

The dwarf shrugged it off, passing it as the barbaric nature of his way, and returned to thinking as he walked.

When they arrived, the dwarf walked up to Cumarinda's left and stood there, leaning in his staff. He let her do her thing, facing occasionally at Debris.

Once done, the dwarf sighed. He was not religious....he was a dwarf of logic and reasoning, but also knew that some things, like the gods were something he couldn't explain.

"let's find this mage and get us some answers."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:07, Wed 01 Apr.

Ballast
 Fighter, 156 posts
 HP 49/49, AC: 22
 F: +6, R: +3, W: +3
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 15:11
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Ballast bows his head for the healer's prayers.  At a loss for anything else, he begins to cast about for an obvious disturbance in the ruins: an obvious path, fallen rocks restacked with intelligent purpose, and other recent adjustment to the ancient rooms and walls...

OOC: 10:11, Today: Ballast rolled 17 using 1d20+5.  Spot check.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 363 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 23:00
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Nothing seems odd or out of place besides being in ruins. Fenris sniff and kneels down, staring at the ground. He places his hands near a bush then on the ground before moving forwards. His hand rests on a small stone and he leans forwards, his head staring at the ground then turns his head. The man stands up slowly and goes to a nearbye area, leaning down against. He whips some dirt to one side and grunts.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 215 posts
 HP 8/14 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +4
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 14:24
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Brankx, ever practical and trusting in his comrades skills, let Fenris root around as the mage looked around his eyes and ears open.

<OOC: Brankx Onyxshield rolled 20 using 1d20+5.  Listen Check.
Brankx Onyxshield rolled 20 using 1d20+3.  spot check.


Go the wizard!>



Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 197 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 23:40
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The cleric closely watches the progress of the other members of the party and does some looking and listening of her own.

OOC:
Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 12 using 1d20+6.  Listen check.
Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 21 using 1d20+6.  Spot check.

Ballast
 Fighter, 158 posts
 HP 49/49, AC: 22
 F: +6, R: +3, W: +3
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 05:01
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Ballast went to see what Fenris had uncovered, and if anything else could be gleaned from it.

OOC: 00:00, Today: Ballast rolled 14 using 1d20+6.  Listen check.
23:59, Yesterday: Ballast rolled 24 using 1d20+6.  Spot check.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 366 posts
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 23:48
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The barbarian stops in his tracks and leans forwards. His ear almost touches the ground and he grunts, glancing at the others and points downwards. Fenris glances at the three entrances, eyes narrowed and he goes towards the last one-looking as if its leading downwards.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 216 posts
 HP 8/14 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +4
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 04:23
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The dwarf pauses, crouching. "aye....i hear it too."

He looks at the others and waves them closer, whispering. "There be somethin' moving below us." he whispered, and trusting debris, moves to follow him
Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 199 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 00:21
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The fire haired cleric of Pelor, whispers to Brankx as she follows quietly behind Fenris, "Do you have any idea of what it might be?"
Ballast
 Fighter, 159 posts
 HP 49/49, AC: 22
 F: +6, R: +3, W: +3
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 22:42
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Ballast cannot hear what Brankx claims to hear, but will take his word for it.  But for now, he follows Fenris, certain that the barbarian's nose for trouble will lead them somewhere worthwhile.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 218 posts
 HP 8/14 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +4
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 07:00
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
The dwarf shrugged and motioned fenris to move forward, the dwarf following
Dungeon Master
 GM, 370 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2020
at 13:12
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
As the group gathers up to head down further into the ruins and into the darkness, something bursts from the ground blocking the entrance!

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/95/dc/65/95dc65ba782e0f60a100c20998cf28c3--fantasy-monster-monster-art.jpg

It seems to almost merge with the earth, its skin the same as it. Its body seemed to form from the ground itself and it raises its arms. The massive creature blocks the entrance!

OOC
Initiative!

If you got ranks you can roll K (Arcana) or K (Nature)

It covered a 10x10 space

Ballast
 Fighter, 160 posts
 HP 49/49, AC: 22
 F: +6, R: +3, W: +3
Sat 25 Apr 2020
at 17:40
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Ballast brings his shield forward in a guard position, sword out for quick action.  "Being of earth, we seek peaceful speech with the spellcaster who lies beyond. We do not want to hurt you if there is no need!"

OOC: 12:21, Today: Ballast rolled 14 using 1d20+1.  Initiative.
Brankx Onyxshield
 Wizard, 219 posts
 HP 8/14 AC 11
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +4
Sun 26 Apr 2020
at 23:12
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Brankx seemed more annoyed than surprised by the appearance of the rock-type beast. He didn't have the hope of Balayst that this would be peaceful.

"Why can't they use their heads and talk before usin' magic"he muttered to himself, casting one of the new spells he had memorised overnight. His form blurred and seemed to shift with the conclusion of the spell, himself smiling at the effect

<OOC:  Brankx Onyxshield rolled 20 using 1d20+1.  Iniative.

Casts Displacement on himself>

Cumarinda Imbrex
 Cleric, 200 posts
 HP 62/62, AC:18
 F: +7, R: +3, W: +8
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 21:27
(IC) Old Cannith Ruins
Caught by surprise, Cumarinda stared at the emerging rock creature. "In Pelor's holy name I hope we don't have to fight such a monster." she exclaims.

Her studies in magic and magical beasts failed her as she was unable to recall what kind of summoning this could be.

Encouraged by caution, she quickly readied her sword and shield.


OOC
Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 21 using 1d20+2.  Initiative check.

Cumarinda Imbrex rolled 6 using 1d20+4.  Knowledge (arcana) check.