Choose Wisely.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Frederick
 9 Yrs, 4 posts
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 19:24
Choose Wisely
How Many Demons In Total

And What Rank Duke Or Soldier
Guards
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 19:25
Choose Wisely
There Are 36 Soldiers And 3 Dukes And 1 Arch Duke
Frederick
 9 Yrs, 5 posts
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 19:26
Choose Wisely
Why Are There So Many, Gods I Need Your Help That Arch Duke Can Summon Millions Of Soldiers If Need Be I Need You Guys To Deal With Him While I Kill The Others

This message was lightly edited by the player at 15:51, Sat 17 Nov 2018.

Ludos
 7,673,432, 12 posts
Sun 18 Nov 2018
at 02:43
Choose Wisely
Ludos considered being snide to the child-magus. Given how much more powerful he was than them perhaps he should take on the Demon Lord's duke and they should deal with the underlings. He maintained his silence in part because of Elle's admonishing and in part because he didn't want to debase himself killing lesser demons.

"Alright. Show us the way."


OOC: Is the real OOC thread closed to anyone else?
Elle
 Unknown Age, 8 posts
 Fear is a seed to be
 Planted and nurtured
Sun 18 Nov 2018
at 16:29
Choose Wisely
She snorted derisively, her friendly demeanor gone. Pardon me while I object. I have no desire to fight an Arch Duke in this pathetic state. It was true she had the skills in combat, but even with four other (weakened) gods at her side, she doubted that they could take an Arch Duke. Especially considering the situation they were in. If enough time had passed for them to get used to their situation they might have stood a chance, but being thrown into a battle such as this seemed a bit much.

Unless one of you has an idea of how we can defeat it. She would at the very least hear out the others plans. She wasn't familiar with most of their skills, having had only kept the briefest meetings even with those gods she had met. It was possible they had abilities she wasn't aware of that would make this situation far easier then it seemed at first. Maybe they had had more time to experiment then she had.

OOC: Yeah it's closed for me as well. It's closed because it's public. It needs to be group 0.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:52, Sun 18 Nov 2018.

Ymdarr
 GM, 19 posts
Sun 18 Nov 2018
at 16:51
Choose Wisely
I Have An Idea How About You Guys Give Me Some Of Your Mana So I Can Cast A Weak Absolute Destruction Which Should Annihilate Them All
Rowena
 7,341, 4 posts
Sun 18 Nov 2018
at 19:58
Choose Wisely
Things were happening faster than Rowena liked, especially with most of her powers gone. She had no idea why the Goddess of Light had been accused of murder and exiled to this forsaken place, but she would do what she could to regain her powers.

Hearing about the demon Arch Duke, Rowena sighed and shook her head. Now they were expected to fight demons in this state? Were they serious? She didn't think she had enough power left to summon armor and weapons, let alone enhance her skill with said weapon. She tried to stay in the carriage and responded to Ymdarr's idea. "Some of my Mana? You really think we would do such a thing when we barely seem to have enough to survive at the moment? There must be some way to defeat these guys without doing that."
Ymdarr
 GM, 20 posts
Sun 18 Nov 2018
at 21:13
Choose Wisely
I Could Always Absorb The Mana From Every Living Thing Within A 5 Mile Radius Then Cast A Really Low Powered Destruction Spell
Narrator
Sun 18 Nov 2018
at 21:17
Choose Wisely
Out Of No Where The Gods As They Were Arguing They Heard A Bang From Outside When They Look Out They See Drakhan Fighting The Demons.
Ludos
 7,673,432, 14 posts
Sun 18 Nov 2018
at 22:21
Choose Wisely
"I agree with Rowena. We haven't the mana to spare at the moment and I don't believe draining the living of their mana is the right course either. You should remember your dignity as a god Ymdarr."

Ludos gave his fellow god a calm expression of concern. All the same when the distinctive sound of combat came he turned his attention to it. He watched as the two beings exchanged blows with moderate interest. At least until he realized it was Drakhan and his interest grew slightly.

Just how many exiles were there. All the same he did not move to assist. Concerned that his interference would be a hindrance rather than a boon.
Drakhan
 68,756, 6 posts
Sun 18 Nov 2018
at 22:35
Choose Wisely
The Darkness. The Dark Lord. Emyr of the Night. The Eternal. The Abyss.

The old names always made him smile. Yet the name he took now was another. Such was the problems with mortal form. The mind, once omnipresent, was now restricted to one being and created an identity.

Drakhan.

It would have to do for now.

Drakhan had appeared in a way not befit his stature (atleast in his view). Being thrown out of his comfortable place of ... residence (?) ... was strange to him. Never had he ever been FORCED to do something and having to go through it now he had to admit: He did not like it.

He picked himself up off the floor and attempted to enter his realm once more but it was blocked to him.

This would not do at all, he thought to himself. The shadows were comforting yet he could not traverse into the next step that was his own domain. He could hear the calls and whispers of the Shadows, his people so to speak. They called to him, begged him to open the gates that they may whisper their secrets to him.

Annoyance.

Yes, that was what he was feeling now. He had not felt this... ever. Strange indeed.

He entered the shadows and observed from afar. He saw the carriage approach and the people talk. He waited for the whispers to come to him yet they did not.

Annoyance, once more, took hold of his emotional state.

Would he have to find things out on his own now?

To think he was the Master of Darkness. Purveyor of secrets. Lord of the Shadows. Yet he could not know what people were discussing not a few meters from him.

He was about to step out, to approach this child-being. He did not know who this was and this annoyed him even more. Normally he would simply KNOW, thanks to the whispers from his Shadows, upon placing his attention on this child-being yet the whispers did not come.

He felt... uncomfortable? No, that was not it. He felt ...

He pushed the feeling away. He did not enjoy that feeling. It was not befit of one of his stature. It would also show weakness before his Shadows and he knew they would be watching. He had to show strength lest they see his current weakened state and perhaps decide they could act against him.

He got up, his robes covering his presence. Yes, he may not have all his powers but his robes still maintained their form and power, even though diminished, to keep him from the eyes of those that would look his way if he so chose.

He sawm suddenly, the Demons appear. Who was this ArchDuke of Demons that the child-being spoke of? Annoyance again at his current lack of knowledge. This would not do.

He heard the call for power to be transferred to the child-being and he guffawed at this request. Hand over ones power to another without knowledge of that ones abilities? Never. Only a fool would do so. He saw her then. His eyes betrayed that feeling again. He did not enjoy that and pushed it aside. He would have to deal with her later. Where he was the darkness that bordered the shadows, she was the light that helped create them. Without her, they would not exist and without him they were nothing. She was the excess, he they absorbtion of all that was.

Light vs Darkness

He snickered a bit. He stopped that instantly. This was not an appropriate response for one of his stature, even if in a weakened state. No, she was his anti-thesis but not his enemy. One could not exist without the other.

He brought his attention back to the situation at hand. These Demons... they were many, yet he knew that Demons, by their very nature, were a cowardly lot working in numbers. Bully's of the abyss, so to speak.

He motionned to destroy the ArchDuke but nothing happened. Curses be to those who had done this to him. His weakened state did not allow him to banish the Archduke outright. Clearly his state was weaker than he had expected.

He turned his attention to the Demons themselves. The Child-Being had went to take on the ArchDuke... let us see what he can do. He manouvered behind the Demons that had appeared, the shadows helping to keep his presence unbeknownst by them thanks to his cloak and hood. Manouvering behind them he took out a blade. Darkest blade, it was invisible to the eye when in the shadows but it was of the sharpest kind. He came forward then, sword flurrying. His actions were swift by mortal eyes, and non-mortals as well, yet he knew they werenot the fastest that he could be. His essence was weakened and he was moving about physically vs his normal state which would have been like water moving about itself: fluid.

His blade struck one through the throat and another through the eye into its skull before dipping down to strike the other across the belly and yet another through the neck. The blade seemed to absorb the light from their being, making them darker as they fell to the ground.

He smiled. He had not fought physically like this in.... centuries? He forgot.... damn this weakened state. No matter. He had not smiled in a long time and killing these Demons was easy and...

He looked down to see one of the Demons blades cut across his arm. It did not register completely at first until he saw ...

Yes it was...

Blood. His own blood. His OWN BLOOD!?!?

Anger swelled and his sword lopped the creatures head off as his essence seem to take shape around him, light fading as the Darkness began to form around him, the shadows taking hold and the whispers growing louder....

And then all returned to normal. He coughed.... feeling weakness about his whole body as he struggled to remain afoot while also dodging the attack from the Demon closest to him. His outburst had collected 6 other Demons, sending them to the Darkness that was his abode to be consumed by his being at some point. Yet not now. That outburst had drained him and had little effect vs what it should have accomplished. No, he would have to do this physically.

Annoyance once again reigned his being.

(Sorry for the long post. Figured I'd do an intro at the same time)
Ymdarr
 GM, 21 posts
Mon 19 Nov 2018
at 01:37
Choose Wisely
Well That Was More Interesting Than Me Annihilating them all.

He Exits The Carriage And Greets Drakhan As A Equal. (Even Though Ymdarr Was Just A Tiny Bit More Powerful)

As He Is Bandaging Drakhan's Wounds He Realizes That The Demon Weilded A Cursed Blade As It Was A Duke Only A God/Goddess Of Light At Full Power Could Decurse Drakhan.

OOC: Sorry For The Late Response It Was My Birthday And I Had A Party
Drakhan
 68,756, 7 posts
Mon 19 Nov 2018
at 01:49
Choose Wisely
Drakhan looks at Ymdarr, his sword cutting the last demon that stood before himas he walked towards him. He stumbled a bit and stopped, perplexed by this. The blade had hurt him only a little, in the grand scheme of things, yet it...

Hurt?

He let Ymdarr bandage his arm, simply staring at him, acknowledging his greeting with only a nod. He did not smile nor flinch as the bandages were applied, yet did not look away until Ymdarr mentionned the curse.

Drakhan smiled at this. A curse? Really? He was a God! The Darkness that was could not...

Yet he wasn't the GOD that he had been... not anymore. Annoyance appeared on his face as he pulled his arm away, placing his own hand across his wound to extinguish the curse.

Nothing happened.

Either he was unable to remove the curse or the outburst of power he had used to try and encompass the demons into the darkness that was his being and extinguish their essence had drained him more than he had thought.

He looked at Ymdarr and then the others, unsure what to say. Unsure of what to do.

A first for the Darkness that was.
Narrator
Mon 19 Nov 2018
at 02:54
Choose Wisely
As The Carriage Enters The Castle's Yard And The Gods Get Off The Guards Lead Them To The King's Chambers
Rowena
 7,341, 5 posts
Mon 19 Nov 2018
at 16:09
Choose Wisely
Stepping out of the carriage with her head held high, Rowena took a deep breath of fresh air before she strode after the guards. Keeping her nose turned up a bit as if all of this were somehow beneath her, Rowena had to wonder what they'd been brought here for. Turning to look back at who had followed her, she called out to Ymdarr. "Ymdarr, what are we doing here? And what even is this place?"
Ludos
 7,673,432, 15 posts
Mon 19 Nov 2018
at 16:24
Choose Wisely
As Drakhan dispatched the demons, Ludos focused on the task bestowed to his by his birthright. He sent forth his agents, diminished in number as they were, and gathered their infernal souls like the foul fruits of sin that they were. Transporting them into his realm-rodes he forced them all back into Hell, making sure to thrust them into the deepest pits his power could reach.

With that business done he entered the carriage once more and allowed it to take him to the King's Castle. Dismounting once more he took in his surroundings, an expression of puzzlement growing on his face. It grew more as guards led them into the chamber room of the king.
Ymdarr
 GM, 22 posts
Mon 19 Nov 2018
at 17:52
Choose Wisely
Why Are You Asking Me You Should Ask Frederick
He Says To Rowena
Narrator
Mon 19 Nov 2018
at 17:56
Choose Wisely
As You Enter The Kings Chamber The King Is Talking To You About Rescuing His Son From The Cave Of Death

The Moment The King Turned His Back To The Gods An Assassin Who Used A Invisibility Spell Kills The King

As He Is Dieing He Yells "GUARDS ASSASSIN"

As The Guards Enter The Room They Only See The Gods And The Dead King And Blame And Exile You From The Kingdom

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:57, Mon 19 Nov 2018.

Rowena
 7,341, 6 posts
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 17:04
Choose Wisely
Rowena's head was still spinning as they were led from the kingdom they'd just been exiled from due to being blamed for the king's assassination. Normally she wouldn't stand for this, but in her current state the goddess of light had no choice in the matter. If only she had her powers, she'd show these mortals its not nice to piss off the goddess of light. Sighing deeply, she worked on letting the anger go and focusing only on what she could control.
Drakhan
 68,756, 10 posts
Thu 22 Nov 2018
at 03:36
Choose Wisely
The Darkness simply looked at the events and smiled.

Invisibility, how quaint, he thought to himself, not realizing that they, including himself, were being blamed for the murder of the King.

Drakhan looked at the guards as if they were nothing but ants, for normally that would be all they would be to him. Yet his powers weakened, his let himself be escorted, not letting them touch him yet not fighting their request for his removal from their lands.

Once out of the Kingdom, Drakhan turned to the others. Looking at Rowena he smiled a bit. Even Light could do nothing against these mortals. Well, if he couldn't then clearly SHE couldn't.

I... he began, clearing his throat and enjoying the experience as he had never cleared his throat before.

I must say, this is a predicament we find ourselves in. Based on the fact we've all let ourselves be escorted out by these mortals, it must mean we are all facing the same issue: we are limited in power compared to our usual selves.

Blamed for a murder that is not of our doing, I am sure we will all state, of a God and now the murder which, I know for sure, none of us are responsible for... we stand here accused of two murders.


He smiled as his cape became rigid at its base to allow him to sit as if on a chair yet no chair was present.

Before we get accused of a third murder, did anyone notice anything in particular about that assassin? The shadows are normally my strength but this was using the magics of invisibility which are so mundane that I cannot fathom anyone of my entourage to be responsible. As well, clearly we are being framed with a reason. Would anyone have any clue as to why?

He looked at each of them for a second before continuing.

Normally I would simply listen to the Whispers to know the who's and why's yet those are not within my reach so we are left to doing the mundane which is ask questions to the general realm, as it were.

Light, or should I say ROWENA as that is what you wish to be called right now, can you shed any ... illumination on our predicament?, he asked, a slight smile coming to his lips.

Appologies, I could not help myself. Yet the question stands for all of you. Anyone know anything about what is happening right now?
Elle
 Unknown Age, 17 posts
 Fear is a seed to be
 Planted and nurtured
Thu 22 Nov 2018
at 03:58
Choose Wisely
The situation was moving rather quickly for her liking. She much preferred the slower pace of her garden. To be cast out, expected to fight, and then accused of assassination all in the blink of an eye, for that was what it was, causes her to feel almost lost. Time seemed to be moving just a little to quickly. Was it an effect of her lessened powers.
A thought crossed her mind and she moved next to Ludos, the only god present she was acquainted with. Whispering something in the lowest voice she could, so that only he would hear.

She brought her voice up as she moved away from Ludos. Unfortunately, I have as much of an idea as you. Her good cheer appeared to have returned.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:59, Thu 22 Nov 2018.

Narrator
Thu 22 Nov 2018
at 05:26
Choose Wisely
As You Leave The Kingdom A Group Of Guards From Another Realm Escort You To The Nearest Village For Safe Haven Because Both Kingdoms Are Allied In A Sense

Once You Reach The Village The Elder Leads You To The Guest House

Inside The Guest House Is Where You Meet Someone In The Same Robe As The Assassin
Ludos
 7,673,432, 23 posts
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 18:00
Choose Wisely
Ludos was the god of death but he was not its reaper. He simply presided over an ancient and indefinite force of nature. Even if he were to die their would still be death and now, dethroned and weakened as he was, death still came.

Ludos was not nearly quick enough to react to the assassin's blade, nor was he quick enough to convince the guards that they were not responsible for the kings death. He contemplated simply killing them all that this point. He was growing tired of being accused of things and dragged cross this accursed mortal plain by beings whose lifespans were not even moments to him.

All the same he addressed both Elle and Drakhan as the kings guards led them to the escort party of a national ally.


"I haven't a single idea as to what is occurring but I believe we are all in agreement that enough is enough. Weakened or not we are all gods in our right. We cannot allow the mortals to continue to dictate our every action and reaction."

Perhaps it was fate then that brought them in the presence of an individual which bore the same robes as the assassin. Ludos, having had quite enough of the cloak and dagger routine of these people cast a spell before he began to speak.

With a gesture and a spoken word of the ancient dark tongue he seized the being's soul or the simulacra which animated them. He held his grasp as he began to speak, fully ready to snatch the life away from the mortal.

"Now that I have your attention. Why have you brought us here? What do you have to do with the assassin?"

I request that all my fellow gods back me up here.
Drakhan
 68,756, 11 posts
Mon 26 Nov 2018
at 01:20
Choose Wisely
Drakhan , a little surprised by Ludos' actions, seemed pleased as the word Finally could be heard escaping his lips.

In a swift movement as fluid as this mortal body would allow, his cape flourished about him as the dark sword he had bore against the demons appeared in his hands. The Elder, sword to his throat, looked in shock at the turn of events.

Drakhan nodded to Ludos, letting him keep his grasp and questionning going with the one clad in the robes of the assassin they had seen. If the answers were not to come forth from him, then they would come from this one... or perhaps from others within this castle.

While his Whispers were not responding to him anymore due to his mortality, his abilities were still greater than any mortal. His senses began to sense the area about him, sensing the various shadows and crevices in the vicinity of his presence. The rooms above, below and around them all had shadows, darkness touching the light. From the shadows his eyes could see what was around, seeing the people within. Concentrating on what was being said in those rooms would be possible but only if he took his attention away from the current task at hand. Annoyance filled his soul again.

Damn this mortal body.

Atleast he knew where he could find others that may be able to answer their questions if these two did not.
Narrator
Mon 26 Nov 2018
at 04:00
Choose Wisely
As You Peer At The Robed Man's Face It Starts To Crack And The Cracks Start Glowing Orange And Then All Of The Gods Hear A Voice Fear Not Weakened Gods For I Am The Demon Lord And Wish To Speak At That Moment He Escapes Ludo's Grasp With Ease

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:33, Mon 26 Nov 2018.