Issue 1, Opening Scene.   Posted by MC.Group: 0
Squire
 player, 3 posts
Thu 13 Dec 2018
at 19:59
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to MC (msg # 31):

"You had better be right behind me, Olympia!" He charges for the line, somehow putting his sword away without wrecking his tunic or his hands. He pulls the shield free of his arm and drapes it over the cable, grasping the braces firmly and lifting his legs into a 'crouch' position. He was cognizent of the fact that there were at least two people dangerously close in front of him if something went wrong with their landings.
Nevermore
 player, 5 posts
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 04:20
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to MC (msg # 31):

"You're all nuts." At least she knows she'll be able to survive hitting the ground. Better than most of the others at least.

Rather than bothering with any sort of strap arrangement or cloak or shield, she simple extrudes a set of tentacles from her hands, wrapping them about the cable to carry her down toward the other building.
Olympia
 player, 8 posts
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 04:24
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to MC (msg # 31):

With the others across she will follow suit and slide on down the line which will hopefully hold out just this bit longer
MC
 GM, 10 posts
 What do you do?
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 02:39
Issue 1, Opening Scene
Down the cable go the intrepid heroes, arriving at the bottom safely - the anchor above gives out just as Olympia is close enough for the others to grab and pull her to safety.

Above, the building doesn't come down entirely, but from the cloud of dust and the sound of the crash, it looks like at least the top third of it's collapsed in on itself. In the distance, the sound of sirens approaching can be heard.

Squire, what's the usual protocol for the Knight of Avalon in these kinds of situations? And what do the rest of you do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:23, Sun 16 Dec 2018.

Longshot
 player, 10 posts
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 21:20
Issue 1, Opening Scene
"Say cheese!"  Longshot snaps a picture of the whole group, his beloved team, complete with backdrop of the building they just did millions of dollars of damage to.

quote:
Longshot @awesomesuperhero
Saving the world with Squire and the Knightsquad!  ur welcome Halcyon City!


"Another super-successful mission," he says after tweeting the totally awesome group picture.  "What do you guys think of Knightsquad?  Like with a 'K' so it's like a pun?  Squire and the Knightsquad!  Right?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:23, Sun 16 Dec 2018.

Nevermore
 player, 6 posts
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 01:29
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to Longshot (msg # 39):

Longshot's selfie caught Nevermore in the act of turning around from looking up at said building, and therefore has the most startled looking void-thing in it. As much as any creature of twisting darkness can look startled.

"You really do think you're funny, don't you?" With no pupils it's impossible to really see her eyes roll, but she does her best with what she has. "We should go. Somehow I don't think the Major is going to be very happy that we just collapsed a building project, and I don't think shortbow here is going to help our case much if he gets his selfie on some more."
Squire
 player, 4 posts
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 19:37
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to MC (msg # 38):

Typically speaking, he had to at least report what had happened with Law Enforcement so that the proper insurance forms could be filled out. But...

He turned first to Nevermore, and held out his hand. "My friend, the dagger, please. It must be disposed of." It would have been obvious even to an ordinary citizen something was wrong about that weapon. To Squire, the damned thing was practically shrieking 'dangerous dark magic'. He had to get it somewhere it could be contained and, if he was fortunate, studied.

This, of course, distracted him from Longshot tweeting his responsibility the public destruction they just caused. Since he was not paying attention to this, he kept going while he waited for Nevermore to make her decision. "While that was very well done, Olympia, Nevermore is right. The rest of you ought to go before the police arrive and you are asked pointed questions about the rather... substantial damages." He shook his head. "I do not think any of you wish to be on the police report. With luck I will merely have to fill out some insurance paperwork and endure a lecture from Dame Elizabeth." He did his very best to project confidence and leadership, hoping they'd all take the opportunity to leave quickly. Some of them had identities to protect, after all.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:40, Mon 31 Dec 2018.

Olympia
 player, 9 posts
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 22:03
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to MC (msg # 38):

She misses the picture thanks to squires distraction about the authorities "I do not want to hang around for the cops, if my Pa...arents found out about this I could be grounded till I am out of collage"

 She starts to pace slightly "I do not think any of us should stay, we have no real proof of the villain, we have a collapsed building, us, and the Police. We should all leave and contact Ursa, we are not even a official group, what are the odds they will believe us and let us walk without unmasking us at the least. Ursa can at least hear us out and has reason to believe us"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:05, Tue 01 Jan 2019.

Nevermore
 player, 7 posts
Tue 1 Jan 2019
at 15:28
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to Squire (msg # 41):

Nevermore considered Squire's request for the dagger carefully, not-quite-floating on her toes. The Void was not quiet, but not too agitated, the surface of her being softly rippling.

"No. I will not hand it over. You should not touch it."

She scanned over the others in the group, considering each in turn. "I will hold it until we can hand it over for containment."

She folded her arms across her chest, settling back on the ground with her feet spread apart in a stable stance, a clear "you aren't moving me" statement. Your move, Squire.
Longshot
 player, 11 posts
Wed 2 Jan 2019
at 23:03
Issue 1, Opening Scene
"We are a team," Longshot complains, tapping away at his phone.  "we just aren't official because some people won't commit to a name which is why we are not trending.  You guys sure you want to go home right away?  You don't want to like get a pizza?  Hang out?"

He looks up with a frown to see Nevermore and Squire facing off... or at least approaching a place where they'll be facing off.  Team drama!

"Hey, that should be cool, right?" he says, slipping himself bodily between Squire and Nevermore.  "If anyone can handle dark magic viking voodoo it's Nevermore, right?  And we don't want to dispose of it right away anyway, right?  It could be a clue!"

This message was last edited by the player at 23:03, Wed 02 Jan 2019.

Rockstar
 player, 6 posts
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 10:44
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to MC (msg # 38):

Rockstar is all for taking Squire's suggestion and scarpering. Even - no, make that especially - with Longshot's social media addiction, he'd rather not get his ear chewed off again about "socially responsible uses of psionics".

He makes a exasperated noise at Nevermore and Squire get into some kind of accountability pissing match about who gets to hand over the freaky knife. "You both can hang around and wait for the Major and his chorus to show. I'm not sticking around for another lecture." And off he heads, towards the fire escape.
Squire
 player, 5 posts
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 19:32
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to Nevermore (msg # 43):

He frowned at Nevermore for only a moment before quickly smoothing his expression to something more upbeat. It helped that he had what his aunt had called 'moviestar looks'.

His instincts told him leaving that thing with her was a bad idea. "Normally I might argue the matter. But!" But. But but but. She knew his true Legacy, and he knew hers. There was, undoubtedly, risk in letting her keep it, but... "But if you are willing to endure lectures by the Knight and by other lawful authorities, I will not gainsay your right to stand on your own feet."  But there was a far greater risk in potentially driving her away, or worse, driving her to resentment, especially with that fiendish thing in her hands. No, in this, though it profoundly troubled him, he would have to trust... and hope.

This night was not going according to plan. The sirens were getting closer by the moment, and he needed to get the rest of them off the stage before things became, o Lord forbid it, Complicated

Longshot meanwhile, got a rueful smile. "Much as I might love to go to that one place, um..." He snapped his fingers. "Blast, the name escapes me. I do have my responsibilities. Might I indulge you for a, ah... how does the idiom go.." He frowned again, digging his toe into the gravel roof. "Rain check, yes? For tomorrow, perhaps, to discuss our next move?"

Olympia he addressed last, as Rockstar was already absconding to the egress, as it were. "I have protections, Olympia. My position as the official heir to the mantle of the Knight grants me some leeway." He glanced pointedly towards where Rockstar was now exiting, stage left. "But I cannot expand that leeway very far."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:34, Fri 04 Jan 2019.

Longshot
 player, 12 posts
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 21:22
Issue 1, Opening Scene
"Pizza Rat!  The one with the good arcade not the crappy one.  It's a date!" he says without a hint of irony, firmly fastening his bow to his back and his phone in its pouch.  "I'll make sure Rockstar knows to meet us there.  We have got to talk to that guy about his undramatic exits."  Longshot effortlessly hops up onto the fire escape railing, and then up to the next level, and on towards the roof.  "Maybe something with pyrotechnics, right?  That's thematic.  And like maybe some kind of portable smoke machine?"  He goes on brain-storming out loud as he climbs away.
Nevermore
 player, 8 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 01:48
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to Squire (msg # 46):

Nevermore weathered his movie-star looks inside her bubble of Void. Not immune, per se, but he couldn't see annoying things like minor changes in expression or blushing.

A bit of rich purple rippled through the iridescent not-skin as she "won" the discussion, manifestation of pleasure at the outcome. She tamped that down quickly enough, injecting a little extra hollowness into her voice to further hide the potential smug. "I am not concerned with lectures. The Knight can lecture me as they will, for I am not their heir."

She turned to face Longshot as he spoke of pizza. Before she could speak her stomach gave an intensely disturbing growl, made all the worse by the accompanying ripple through her skin. Pink briefly tinged the void-skin before she could get her much more intense embarrassment under control. She lifted back up onto her toes slightly, not-quite hovering again, and said with a calmness she did not feel inside "Pizza would be nice. Later. Knife first."

She watched while the others were not-quite-dismissed by their maybe-leader, unconsciously watching Longshot make his departure.

Once the rest were gone, she spoke softly to Squire, with only the barest hint of the Void Echo. "You should go too. I may take this fall and come out none the worse, in their estimation I'm no doubt already a dangerous quantity. I can keep the four of you out of it entirely."
Olympia
 player, 10 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 02:23
Issue 1, Opening Scene
  She waffles a moment in indecision, watching Rockstar  take off then Longshot start to follow. she takes a moment longer to watch the situation between Squire and Nevermore. Food sound good but Longshot said something about trending, wait....and shes off after him "Trending what do you mean trending, your not putting all this online are you, please do not tell me this is all online now. were there pictures, did you put up pictures!"
MC
 GM, 11 posts
 What do you do?
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 02:47
Issue 1, Opening Scene
As the others depart, with the flashing lights drawing closer, Yeoman Thomas appears in the alley below. "Lord Commander for you, Squire!" he calls up, before launching a cell phone your way with a slingshot.

"Why am I getting a briefing from your mother before Detective Collins?" Dame Elizabeth wastes no time with pleasantries (you *do* catch and answer the phone, right?) "Is this how you intend to conduct yourself going forward? Hashtags and selfies?"
Squire
 player, 6 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 04:09
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to MC (msg # 50):

He does, indeed, catch and answer it. He could do no less, no more than he could pause to pinch the bridge of his nose in anticipation of a headache soon-to-be. "It must have been Longshot, one of my associates. I briefed you on him after the sewer incident. He was the one with the talent for archery and general mayhem." He sighs, planting his hand on his hip. This was exactly what he needed right now, surely.

Nothing for it, then. He'd have to head this off, and hope he could put his hands on Longshot's phone before he caused him any more mischief. "My apologies, your grace. He has a rather... profound love for what he calls Social Media." He didn't understand a lick of this 'twitter' nonsense himself, But clearly he would need to make himself better informed, lest this become, o Jesus preserve him, complicated. "I am certain it is nothing more than youthful over-enthusiasm in the heat of the moment, rather than any disrespect for proper procedure." That... probably wasn't going to fly, but he had to start somewhere, and he doubted she was done giving him an earful.
MC
 GM, 12 posts
 What do you do?
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 04:17
Issue 1, Opening Scene
There's a moment of silence so cold you can practically feel the phone icing over. "You and all of your circle will present yourselves for training tomorrow," she says. "We will discuss 'social media policy' afterward. You are heroes, it is your place to be above as an example, not in the midst as a cautionary tale!"

[Dame Elizabeth is telling you who you are - shift up Savior and shift down Mundane, or roll to reject her influence!]

Nevermore, what are you doing while this is going on?

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:18, Sat 05 Jan 2019.

Squire
 player, 7 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 04:47
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to MC (msg # 52):

"It will be done, your grace." It is, more or less, the only answer he can give in that moment. "We will complete our proper report to the Authorities, and then I shall make the arrangements. May I know what time you will be expecting us?" He paused. He did not foresee difficulties, but... No, best not to push his luck right now. Once she had given him a time, he continued. (Stat shift accepted as of here.) "I will make certain to project such an example to my utmost." And glory of glories, Dame Elizabeth might be the only person on the face of the planet who might be able to talk some sense into Longshot! It would mean he would not have to either! He peered down to the street. "Law enforcement will be here shortly, your grace. By your leave?"

This message was last edited by the player at 05:01, Sat 05 Jan 2019.

Longshot
 player, 13 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 05:10
Issue 1, Opening Scene
He pauses, upside-down, hanging from the next level up, and hands his phone to Olympia.  "Yeah dude, of course.  Check it out.  Great pic, got everyone in shot."  He hefts himself up to the next level, and into a handstand on the next railing.  "Don't worry, you look great.  The collapsing building really brings out your eyes!"
Olympia
 player, 11 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 05:28
Issue 1, Opening Scene
She accepts Longshots phone and looks at it "Thank you wait, no, no, no, you cant put this up, ah no my parents cant see this, they don't know, I have not told them. this could be bad, maybe, I dunno, I don"t want to get grounded" shes shifting her glance from the phone to Longshot to the phone again "what am i going to do"
Longshot
 player, 14 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 05:47
Issue 1, Opening Scene
He hooks his legs around next railing and dangles, face-out, staring at the city.  "Already posted it, dude.  It's on the internet, sorry.  You know you can't get it back off once it's out there.  Hup!"  With a quick, dangerous motion, he flips himself around to face Olympia again, dangling in front of her.

"I dunno, Inna.  Have you considered just, you know... telling them?"  He shrugs, all upside-downsies.  "I mean your dad is like the premier super hero doc in the city.  It's not like he isn't comfortable with the whole costumed crime-fighter concept.  And your papa is..."  He hesitates, figuratively biting his tongue.  "...also comfortable with super heroes, right?  What are you so afraid of, really?"

01:00, Today: Longshot rolled 8 using 2d6+2.  +Mundane to Comfort/Support Olympia.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:01, Sat 05 Jan 2019.

Olympia
 player, 12 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 06:12
Issue 1, Opening Scene
She offers Longshot his phone back "its, it's complicated, there is a lot to it, it's...it's just complicated ok. I wouldn't want to disappoint Papa, and there are things that could make dad worry, it's not something i should talk about ok but there are just things." She sighs "And I really don't want to make papa disappointed. Look lets just go get pizza"
Longshot
 player, 15 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 06:18
Issue 1, Opening Scene
"It's okay, I get it.  I don't know what I'd do if my mom found out."  He spins around and does one long situp to get himself up, dismounting the final top-floor railing before reaching back for his phone.  "Alright, let's go get pizza.  Just one question:  Are you paying?  Because I did not remember to bring my wallet.  It doesn't fit in any of my pouches and I am not wearing any street clothes under this thing."
Nevermore
 player, 9 posts
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 06:21
Issue 1, Opening Scene
In reply to Squire (msg # 53):

While Squire was speaking with the Dame, Nevermore hovered in the background, as it were.

As the conversation came to a close, she dropped back down to her heels, rocking back and forth slowly. The iridescent void-skin peeled and rippled away from her face, uncovering her head completely. Her hair tumbled down behind her, appearing as if by magic out of thin air; there had't been a bulge there, to be sure.

"Well, I guess keeping you out of the picture is now out of the question. Well... at least we're a known pair, they'd probably have guessed you were involved anyway."

She wrinkled her nose at the idea of "training," however. "But really? Training? That's going to cut into my class time... and am I supposed to bring spare clothing and such? Not like I'm going to go about naked or covered in this damned thing all the time."