Ch.2 And so it begins.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Jerome McCaffrey
 player, 26 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2020
at 13:20
Ch.2 And so it begins.
Jerome hadn't fired yet, so that was easy.

"McCaffrey here," he said quietly.
Elias McIntyre
 player, 53 posts
 SGT USA
Wed 16 Sep 2020
at 15:52
Ch.2 And so it begins.
"Me a ken we created our own diversion, eh?  ME, I go last."

He chambers another round, slowly, in his thumper... a 203 underslung on a freakin' combat shotgun.

Something like this.


This message was last edited by the player at 16:11, Wed 16 Sept 2020.

GM
 GM, 98 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2020
at 02:36
Ch.2 And so it begins.

04:30 11th October, 2000
Edge of the road, West of the concrete Factory, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Still, -05oC



The early morning air hangs heavy in the first light that has just started to crest the horizon. It is freezing and your breath is clearly visible through your NVG's. The beginnings of the morning have amplified the effectiveness of your night vision gear, but only for another hour or so until they will not be needed any more.

The road in front of your position is covered in a low mist that hangs still in the air. The road to your left is tantalisingly close and you know it leads to the boat, but first you have to cross the road and then the bridge and you should see into the compound the boat is in. The road that leads to the boat is shrouded in shadow as several tall trees screen the verges and create a barrier to view anything beyond.

So after a quick conference it is decided that Jones and Razis will go first followed by Remigio and Valenko and then so on....

Jones and Razis are the first off with a quick sprint across the road, Jones had just made it to the verge on the other side with a the sound of automatic fire reverberates in your chest and catches Jones in the back Rais tries to double back and is caught in the sweep as well. A spray of blood from the side of his shoulder and head indicates a hit and the way he falls in a heap would indicate he is dead before he hits the road. The fire continues across and catches Remigio in the upper arm causing him to fall and drop his weapon. As he scrambles back Valenk can see that the fire is coming from the top of the very last pile of sand.

There are at least two maybe three enemy up there. A whoosh and sparks in the middle of the road would indicate they have some sort of grenade launcher as well and the near miss arcs up into the air to catch in the trees tops on the other side of the road and donates in a quick flash of crimson. The area where the grenade skipped off glows red for a second.

The automatic fire continues, driving you back into the trees for cover as another three enemy open up from the trees surrounding the boats probable position. They don't seem to initially know where you where positioned and their fire is well wide of where you are now.


   




-
Serzhant Pavel Gregoravich Valenkov
 player, 52 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2020
at 06:40
Ch.2 And so it begins.
"Blyat!" Swears Pavel as the trio are gunned down. Letting his weapon drop on its sling he wrenches an RDG-2B smoke grenade out of a pouch, triggers the fuze and flings it down where the wounded man is in attempt to give him some cover from the lethal crossfire.

"We have to move!" He says above the clatter of automatic fire. "We're between their base and the dock, we'll get caught between the reinforcements as they come up! Get more smoke out there so we can flank those suki and wipe them out. Then break into two, one team suppress those two groups and the other team get across the road and kill them."

Pavel Valenkov
Preparing to cross the road once there's enough smoke and the ambushers are suppressed.
AKM (30/30x6)
Wishing he was anywhere but here.

Jerome McCaffrey
 player, 27 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2020
at 11:05
Ch.2 And so it begins.
McCaffrey rummages for smoke grenades and hurls a couple in an attempt to provide some obscurity.
Elias McIntyre
 player, 58 posts
 SGT USA
Sun 20 Sep 2020
at 15:55
Ch.2 And so it begins.
As the smoke grenade goes out, Elias gives his best shot with the 40mm Launcher.  It's a hard short, so he chambers one of his CHEM rounds this time, after taking a moment to test the wind, hoping it is the same at the MG site.


Elias
observe wind direction
Take time to aim with 40mm
and if time allows
Fire 40mm CHEM round at the MG nest

Once fired he will move to follow the rest.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:19, Mon 21 Sept 2020.

James Kirkwood
 player, 22 posts
 Sergeant
 Royal Marines
Mon 21 Sep 2020
at 06:12
Ch.2 And so it begins.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing James thought abstractly. He had a feeling something like this was going to drop after the initial firefight and then the silence.

Wrenching his mind back to the present he watches as the smoke grenades go out to provide cover while scanning the area for muzzle flashes and movement. Pavel's assessment was right on the money by James estimate, staying still was going to get them killed.

Bringing his rifle up he agreed with Pavel. "Im with you mate, lets move and take the fuckers out, the others can provide covering fire"

Seeing Elias fire a grenade at the MG nest and knowing that was the biggest threat James takes aim and launches a 40mm HE round at the same target. If nothing else it should make then keep their heads down.

Once he fires the round he prepares to follow Pavel to flank and engage the enemy.

James Kirkwood
Crouched in the foliage, firing his GL at MG location then following Pavel
L85/GL (14/30) (1 40mm HE)

This message was last edited by the player at 06:15, Mon 21 Sept 2020.

Serzhant Pavel Gregoravich Valenkov
 player, 55 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 03:32
Ch.2 And so it begins.
"We'll meet up at that white house over there, the challenge is "Donkey" and the response is "Windmill". Don't stay here too long or you'll get caught, best of luck!"

Pavel checks his weapon and heads off into the dark.
Jerome McCaffrey
 player, 28 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 14:27
Ch.2 And so it begins.
McCaffrey followed Pavel Valenkov.
Richard Cunningham
 player, 2 posts
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 21:47
Ch.2 And so it begins.
Cunningham thinks to him self "Jesus what a shit-show... lucky im with the competent side!", and then moves to follow Pavel and Kirkwood, covering them as they move, and following them once they stop, leapfrogging toward the building.

"How the hell did I end up here" Cunningham mutters under his breath... "I'm fucking Navy mate...."
Waldo Donaldson
 player, 3 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 23:26
Ch.2 And so it begins.
OOC: So, if we are  at the dots designated team, has it occurred to anyone to go under the road at the tracks and cross under cover instead of just concealment. Keep to the low ground forcing the MG team to reposition to fire down the slope?

Donaldson moves up to the edge of the cover offer by the trees and prepared to provide cover fire on the MG crew. He mounted his NVGs and switched on the laser adjusting the illuminator down to a narrow cone so as not hide the dot from the designator. Relaxing into position, he takes up a supported sitting firing position.

As the others move across the road Donaldson begins use paced, deliberate semi-auto fire to engage the machine gun crew using the laser aiming module.

Donaldson
seated firing position just inside the treeline, firing aimed shots at the MG crew
M4A1 (30/30), M203 (1/1, Illum)
NVGs equipped, sighting enemy with laser aiming module (illuminator/designator)
GM
 GM, 104 posts
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 01:52
Ch.2 And so it begins.

As the two smoke grenades trip and bounce over what is left of the asphalt on the road they begin to spew out their contents. There is no wind so the smoke bellows out to a large cloud in a short space of time covering from the road edge in front of your position and into the trees on the other side of the road. It was now or never and only a matter of time before the cloud dissipated. The firing from both positions had also lessened, perhaps they thought you were withdrawing....

Elias 40mm grenade goes out not long after the smoke grenades, but it is long and goes over the target as does James grenade. The HE grenade possibly hits a little closer as the fire of the MG stops and you are sure you caught a glimpse of the two enemy ducking down before they and the hill are obscured by smoke. It was a hard shot, up hill against a dug in and small target.

With that everyone is up and moving across the road through the smoke to try and flank the men in the forest edge. Donaldson provides covering fire, but he is unsure how effective it is due to the smoke, the MG does not start up again though. There is also fire coming in from the three enemy near the bridge some of it quite close to his position.

OOC: I am going to stop here so that you can give me a description of how you are going to approach the three enemy near the bridge in the trees. I also need everyone to put their location in the synopsis at the bottom of their post. This is what it should look like for the new players:

Who you are,
Where you are,
What you're using,
What you're doing.

It's in the Posting Guidelines & Character Generation thread.

Ammunition expenditure:
Kirkwood -1xHE 40mm
Elias -1xCHEM 40mm
Donaldson -10x 5.56mm

Waldo Donaldson
 player, 6 posts
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 03:09
Ch.2 And so it begins.
OOC: I missed the line about everyone's NOD's being dazzled by that frag blast. My bad. I will keep that in mind going forward.

"Stupid son of a bitch." Donaldson curses himself. It was foolish trying to use his night vision and laser to sight with. A newbie move after that flash dazzled them.

He sighed and swung his weapon around and estimated where the point between the MG crew and patrol near the bridge would be and fired the M203 sending a 40mm illumination round into the night sky. Adjusting his position a little to get a little cover from a few trees, he took up a firm seated firing position and prepared to fire on the first target of opportunity to come his way.

Donaldson
seated firing position just inside the treeline, 20 yds east of the road crossing
firing 40mm parachute flare, going into overwatch
M4A1 (20/30), M203 (0/1)
Jerome McCaffrey
 player, 29 posts
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 13:54
Ch.2 And so it begins.
Feeling that everything was goin' south before they'd even started, Jerome scuttled after Pavel Valenkov, trying to keep his head down.





McCaffrey
Following Pavel Valenkov
Keeping his head down.

Richard Cunningham
 player, 5 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 20:52
Ch.2 And so it begins.
"Fuck... this is going to hurt" Cunningham mutters, before moving up to leapfrog Pavel and Kirkwood on the approach to the building.

Cunnigham
Moving ahead of Pavel and Kirkwood to try to act provide cover as they advance on the building
Pointing L85 at the building in anticipation of further trouble.

Elias McIntyre
 player, 59 posts
 SGT USA
Wed 30 Sep 2020
at 14:16
Ch.2 And so it begins.
Elias nods to James, and points to the troops on the way to the boat, then slightly offset.  ?He holds up his hand and counts down from three with his fingers... and taps him as hopefully they both rush across the field.  He tries not to waste time while that MG is not churning.


"Let's do it laddy."  He mutters.. wither to James or himself does not matter.


Elias
Currently on the wrong side of the clear.
Using tha' smoke fer cover
Running like the bejesus, crouched

Serzhant Pavel Gregoravich Valenkov
 player, 58 posts
Wed 30 Sep 2020
at 15:34
Ch.2 And so it begins.

This message was deleted by the player at 20:41, Wed 30 Sept 2020.

James Kirkwood
 player, 25 posts
 Sergeant
 Royal Marines
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 11:05
Ch.2 And so it begins.

The grenade was a tough shot and on the rush but James still mentally whinced and kicked himself when it impacted short.

"Goddamnit, fucking shit shot" he said under his breathe on his own accuracy.
On the positive side atleast the MG went quiet, hopefully long enough for him and Elias to make a move.

James glances at Elias and nods to show he agrees with the count and signal. At the count of three he rushes across with him with a slight degree of separation so they hopefully wouldnt get caught in the same burst.

James Kirkwood
Running with Elias to flank the enemy
L85 (14/30) GL Empty

GM
 GM, 111 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 00:42
Ch.2 And so it begins.

You make your way onto the road a stealthy as possible, both the MG and the three enemy at the bridge seem to be waiting or perhaps even reloading as the smoke continues to swirl around. Everyone makes it across the road undetected or at least you have not been fired on you split with a the first group heading towards the bridge and the second at the base of the mound about to assault.

Just as you are about to step off the MG again sprays a burst into the trees where you were previously, the guttural fire causes everyone to tense before you begin your scramble up.

The second team will soon be exiting the smoke and be facing the three other enemy now ensconced around the bridge over the machinery.




-
Richard Cunningham
 player, 7 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 16:03
Ch.2 And so it begins.
As the bark from the machine gun erupts, covering where he was not a few seconds before, Cunningham exclaims "Fuck!" loudly before diving to the floor just off the road (on the far side). Once on the ground, he takes a quick look around and then lets loose a burst from his L85 in the direction of the MG, more in hope than expectation, hoping that it may supress it some so the rest of the team can keep moving.


Cunningham
Lying in the dirt on the mound-ward side of the road, trying to make himself a smaller target.
Letting off a burst from his L85 at the MG position on the mound.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:06, Mon 12 Oct 2020.

Waldo Donaldson
 player, 13 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 18:27
Ch.2 And so it begins.
Adjusting his seated position slightly so it was easier to aim up the machine gun position, Donaldson used the tree next to him to brace his body against as he followed a shallow angle back from the machine gun's muzzle flash. Hoping to at least suppress the firer, he began firing aimed shots in succession.





Donaldson
seated firing position just inside the treeline, 20 yds east of the road crossing
firing on machine gun position until assault starts, will use all rounds if needed
M4A1 (20/30), M203 (0/1)
Elias McIntyre
 player, 64 posts
 SGT USA
Wed 14 Oct 2020
at 23:10
Ch.2 And so it begins.
If the MG fire made the scot pucker, there was no sign of it.

A nod to James and a soft countdown from 3 to 1... then a run to get a good angle on that MG nest...

A shot from his thumper, or a frag grenade should they be close enough...


Elias
Assualting the MG position
1.  With 40mm
or 2.  With grenade if close enough.

If really close, the grenade is followed through with a charge and a shotgun introduction.

Jerome McCaffrey
 player, 31 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 14:16
Ch.2 And so it begins.
Trying to be as stealthy as he can, Jerome advances towards the bridge, weapons at the ready. He wants to get close, all too easy to miss in the dark!




Stealthy approach to about 100 yards, then open fire with carbine.
Combat knife at the ready in case it gets too close and personal.

James Kirkwood
 player, 27 posts
 Sergeant
 Royal Marines
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 02:13
Ch.2 And so it begins.

Slightly separated and moving in a crouch James follows Elias across the road and into some small shrubbery on the road side.

Instinctively James crouches even lower as the MG burst rings out even though it was high and targeted towards their old location. It seems they didnt see them cross the road which he is quite happy with. Assaulting MG nests when they know your coming isnt something he rated highly on his to do list.

Looking at Elias he sees the nod and three count, he grins and nods compliance. James quickly checks by feel that the shot selector is still in burst and gets ready to assault the MG position alongside Elias.

James Kirkwood
Assaulting MG position
L85/GL (14/30) (Empty)

Serzhant Pavel Gregoravich Valenkov
 player, 60 posts
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 12:37
Ch.2 And so it begins.
Pavel, weapon to shoulder, crouch-runs across the road and takes a knee covering the arc where the lower group was. He's ready to fire the moment they make an appearance although he's looking to see if they've moved.

Pavel Valenkov
Kneeling, scanning for targets due east.
AKM (30/30x6)