Starhawk Mess/Conference Room.   Posted by Gamma.Group: 0
Etheron
 NPC, 2 posts
 Korasha Enhanced Commando
 Crew--Engineer Security
Sat 11 May 2019
at 08:54
Mess/Conference Room
Etheron stands and flatly says, "I was just leaving as my shift is about to start. I'm sorry that I can't stay." He give Corlene a return nod and cleans up after himself. He then leaves to report for duty.
Corlene
 NPC, 5 posts
 Korasha Mercenary Soldier
 Crew--Security
Sat 11 May 2019
at 08:59
Mess/Conference Room
"How are you settling in?" He bulky security chief asks as Revonoss takes a seat. The dispenser has a limited alcohol selection, but there is some.
Revonoss
 player, 61 posts
 Spacefarer Mechanic
 Korasha Lashunta
Sat 11 May 2019
at 09:16
Mess/Conference Room
Simple was good enough and he held his drink as he nods his goodbye to those leaving and gives Corlene a soft smile.

"Well as to be expected. Ripped out of my old life to go on the hunt for a lost planet with a crew of people i never met before that. It needs a little adjusting. But im used to switching crews so i'll manage.

What you think of that ship popping in the second we left? More then a little scary that human we picked up knew that issn't it?"

Culhayn
 player, 33 posts
 Damaya Scholar
Sat 11 May 2019
at 15:17
Mess/Conference Room
Culhayn entered the room and walked towards the dispenser. A moment later, he was by Corlene and Revonoss side with a glass in his hand. "May I join you?"
Corlene
 NPC, 5 posts
 Korasha Mercenary Soldier
 Crew--Security
Sat 11 May 2019
at 18:47
Mess/Conference Room
"I don't have an objections," the woman answers Culhayn. Corlene seems to be a nonsense free kind of lashunta. Her clothing is simple, dark hued, and form fitting of some kind of slick fabric. A shaved portion of her hair reveals blinking lights and some hardware marking her out to be augmented. There also was a nasty looking custom sidearm on her right hip and a laser pistol on the other hip.

Thinking over what Revonoss had asked she shrugs, "There's allot in the vast I don't understand, all kind of beings and things out there wanting to take a bite outta ya. Though I'm glad we didn't have to tussle with them, I kind of wish we had, because then we wouldn't have a few of these question." She leans back in her chair as her antenna swing lazily through the air. "You can bet that the Veskarium won't give up that easily, if that's who we're dealing with in the first place."

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:13, Sun 12 May 2019.

Revonoss
 player, 63 posts
 Spacefarer Mechanic
 Korasha Lashunta
Sun 12 May 2019
at 06:46
Mess/Conference Room
Revonoss waves with his beer to an empty seat.

"No please be my guest. We where just pondering the mysteries of the universe and how our new crewmember might have predicted that ships arrival a second before we left.

Whats your take on the whole deal?"

Culhayn
 player, 34 posts
 Damaya Scholar
Sun 12 May 2019
at 12:54
Mess/Conference Room
Culhayn sits down with the others.

"My take is that it does not seem to make a lot of sense, I guess. Why would anyone leave trail markings to where we are supposed to go? Is this something like a game to the gods? Are creatures with the power to steal a whole planet and make everyone forget about it willing to let others find it afterwards? It is puzzling, to say the least."

He takes a sip at his drink.

"Either there are more forces at play here, or the universe as we know is even stranger than previously thought. I really have no idea."

Solsantharis
 Player, 25 posts
 Solarian Spacefarer
Sun 12 May 2019
at 15:55
Mess/Conference Room
As Sol slipped into Mess Hall cum Conference Room, it looked as if they'd started without him, although he had no idea what they'd started.

He managed to overhear Culhayn's comment just as he joined them.

"Hey," he said in greeting. "Guess we get to hurry up and wait now."

"I'm convinced the universe is stranger than we think. If you live an ordinary life, you'll seldom see that strangeness. On the other hand, if you go looking for it like we are, well, we should expect to see more than our fair share of strange."

"Any chance that Vesk ship can track us in the Drift?"

Phelar Morilla
 player, 27 posts
 Human Dream Prophet
 Phrenic Adept/Technomancr
Sun 12 May 2019
at 19:58
Mess/Conference Room
Quietly Phelar would walk into the mess hall, looking around for a moment she would walk over to the table full of those she had first met on the planet. "...may I join you?"
Culhayn
 player, 36 posts
 Damaya Scholar
Sun 12 May 2019
at 21:12
Mess/Conference Room
"Please, be my guest." Culhayin answers to Phelar, before turning back to Sol. "Well, I had my share of strange back in Castrovel, but that is on another scale. Anyway, guess we'll see even more." And then, back to Phelar: "So, how was your exam? I hope you don't mind my curiosity and interest, but I'd really like to see the findings afterwards. Back in Castrovel I was a somewhat renowned bioengineer, and we shouldn't discard the possibility that besides the lack of memory and the demonstrations of prescience, there may be even more secrets hidden within... well, you. This sounded a lot less invasive in my head, I'm sorry."
Socket
 player, 31 posts
 Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic
Mon 13 May 2019
at 01:55
Mess/Conference Room
The ysoki poked his head into the Mess hall and upon realizing he had found the correct room with the food, he entered.  A glance over at the table shows Mr. Crazy and the weird girl, the man with cool little drone and the one nice person he had met so far with some of the other crew.  He snickered to himself and made his way over to the food dispenser units.

After studying the unit, he made a basic choice that reminded him of home.  The tray in hand with food and drink, he slinked around the perimeter and headed for the door.
Revonoss
 player, 64 posts
 Spacefarer Mechanic
 Korasha Lashunta
Mon 13 May 2019
at 05:56
Mess/Conference Room
Revoonoss chuckles.

"Strangest i've seen before before this was a Lashunta who contracted a human only std from a farm animal no least. But yeah its weird to think this treasure hunt is left behind by the original thieves. My guess the thief or thieves are divine in nature so maybe someone else wants us to find it"

When Sol asks about the Vesk he nods a little more serious.

"Aye i think they can. For now they might have little reason to do so but if they have the same goal we have they will come after us the moment they are done investigating the temple."

When Phelar returns and gets asked creepy questions he shakes his head with a small smile.

"Aye that sounded a lot creepier out loud didn't it. Maybe let the girl get settled a little before you go vivisecting her?"

He laughs at that and sees Socket sneaking about. Assuming the stowaway prefers the solitude he raises his drink in his direction to indicate he is welcome without putting any obligations on him.
Corlene
 NPC, 6 posts
 Korasha Mercenary Soldier
 Crew--Security
Mon 13 May 2019
at 10:01
Mess/Conference Room
"Mr Socket," Corlene calls out to the retreating Ysoki. "I would like to have a conversation with you. Be at my quarters in," she pauses for a moment, "say in a hour or so." Her voice carries with it the notion that it'd be a bad idea to not be there.

She gives Phelar an appropriate smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes, but isn't exactly hostile either. "Please join us," she directs at the newcomers to include Socket. Otherwise, she continues to sit back and listen in on the conversation.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:57, Mon 13 May 2019.

Soneau
 player, 46 posts
 Damaya Icon Operative
Mon 13 May 2019
at 18:31
Mess/Conference Room
It wasn't a big ship and there weren't that many places to go, so Soneau had no trouble tracking the others down.

As she entered the mess hall, she did a quick survey of who was there before joining them.

"I've been thinking about that, as, I'm sure, all of you have," she said after getting the gist of the conversation.

"We don't know enough about Golarion as it was to decide if it had something that was more valuable than any of the other Pact Worlds, so we can't say if that was a motivation for it's theft."

"Also, as the saying goes, the gods move in mysterious ways, so it may be beyond our ability to fathom what motivated them to move it. Personally, I'm leaning to the Movers as having need of it somewhere else. I mean, it was the stepping stone to all of us and to getting us into space. Maybe that same impetus was needed elsewhere."

"On the other hand, maybe the Movers didn't like the way things were going and decided to remove the instigator of those bad things."

"Or, it was just a lark... one of those mysterious ways. As it is, I'm having a hard time coming up with some reason that doesn't make sense, that doesn't have a rationale behind it. I don't expect Mysterious Ways to have any logic behind it, though."

"But, as I was saying, maybe they don't need it any more for whatever it was they needed it for in the first place, so now they are willing--or just don't care--to let someone find it and return it. And that's assuming it still exists!"

Socket
 player, 32 posts
 Ysoki Outlaw Mechanic
Mon 13 May 2019
at 21:25
Mess/Conference Room
He overheard some conversation before he made it out of the room.  Vivisect?  Did I miss it?  A quick glance at those at the table and he seemed disappointed for some reason.  He shrugged for no apparent reason and decided to make time in his busy schedule to see if they actually scheduled a dissection of the coffin girl.

Socket then froze as if a spotlight had found him on a dark night when his name was called.  He stood as tall and straight as he could and smiled at the unknown woman who had addressed him.  "Look.  I'm sure you are considered beautiful by your people, but I'm spoken for."  He held up a hand that might have had a band of metal on it.  Hard to tell with the fur and kept walking.  "I don't need another incident, so let's just keep things professional ok?  Besides, I'm sure there are plenty of single guys here that would be happy to snog with you.  Good luck."

Before he made the door, he heard Soneau's grating voice.  He imagined a gun pointed at his head every time she spoke.  "Some idiot probably had a theory about planetary mass hyper travel.  Built a machine to test it and accidently moved the entire planet to parts unknown.  Just sayin."

Then he was out the door.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:25, Mon 13 May 2019.

Corlene
 NPC, 6 posts
 Korasha Mercenary Soldier
 Crew--Security
Tue 14 May 2019
at 14:41
Mess/Conference Room
Corlene looks after the retreating rat with narrowed eyes. "If I had an office. . ." she mutters out her displeasure.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 14:41, Tue 14 May 2019.

Revonoss
 player, 65 posts
 Spacefarer Mechanic
 Korasha Lashunta
Tue 14 May 2019
at 13:52
Mess/Conference Room
Revonoss nods along as Soneau shares her vision of it all and seems to agree on the whole mysterious reasons line of thought. In the end nobody knew a thing and so they might be wasting time or actually be doing something interesting. Looking at the enigmartic Socket leaving and Corlenes response to it Revonoss helpfully suggests.

"You know you could convince the captain to send him back the next time we contact home. After all he is no more then a stowaway and not a critical crew member."
Culhayn
 player, 37 posts
 Damaya Scholar
Tue 14 May 2019
at 14:02
Mess/Conference Room
"His species is know for being hyperactive and keeping a very superficial interest in things. I'd say their minds are adapted to rapid fluctuation in attention, and the Ysoki are quite successful in being hardy survivors and adaptive." Culhayn remarks, as if quoting from a textbook, as Socket leaves the mess hall. "Though, having Socket among us, I hardly can see how one factor favors the other. There is something to be said about the resiliency and potential for coming up with new strategies of systems and collectives that work by integrating different members, but I can't help but worry about this level of... aloofness? Revonoss, you that are more mechanically inclined, have you seem his work? Would you say he has a sharp mind in that which is his interest and role? I would feel a lot more comfortable if someone could vouch for his competency."
Corlene
 NPC, 7 posts
 Korasha Mercenary Soldier
 Crew--Security
Tue 14 May 2019
at 14:59
Mess/Conference Room
"Whether we like it or not," Corlene sighs, "the captain has invited him to stay. He must have seen something in him or wouldn't be roaming the ship freely."

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:37, Tue 14 May 2019.

Revonoss
 player, 66 posts
 Spacefarer Mechanic
 Korasha Lashunta
Tue 14 May 2019
at 19:13
Mess/Conference Room
"We haven't done any work together but he was found after a few days of travel because he 'fell asleep' on the job."

He puts his hands up to quote the falling asleep bit.

"So no sorry for now he feels mostly like the comical relief in some tv show. I mean he did not really help down on the surface either did he?"
Solsantharis
 Player, 26 posts
 Solarian Spacefarer
Tue 14 May 2019
at 21:07
Mess/Conference Room
"I think the main concern was that he was a spy or saboteur or... well, something dangerous and other than what he appeared to be," Sol suggests.

"So, he's either incredibly skilled at deception, or he really is exactly what he appears to be... though I'm still not sure just what that is."

"Besides, we weren't going to space him... not for just falling asleep on the job. While that might be a shooting offense among the Vesk, we generally need something a bit more serious."

"At the same time, he wasn't signi... important enough to turn the ship around and take him back. For that matter, I doubt if any of us are."

Phelar Morilla
 player, 28 posts
 Human Dream Prophet
 Phrenic Adept/Technomancr
Wed 15 May 2019
at 01:40
Mess/Conference Room
Phelar listened to the small bits of the conversation about her, and the large bits about Socket as she sat down.

She would first look at Culhayn. "Yes, when the result of my tests are complete you can look at them. Your ships medic said I am a healthy human female though, and that I have many of the abilities of you Lashunta. Though, in some area's I have stronger or different one's. He thinks my ability to control computers might come from Triune, based on the fact I said her name the first time." She didn't seem to mention her precognitive abilities. "Maybe we can test some of them....like range?"

Then she contemplated the Socket issue. "I do not think he like's me." She said softly. "My existence, scares him. Or my desire to not show emotion over what I may have lost does, and my explanation of nothing being inside my head to show emotion for or about did not help." She said with a simply sigh.

After a moment, she would look at the others a moment. "...do I scare you all?"

Then...suddenly. "I am hungry."
Culhayn
 player, 38 posts
 Damaya Scholar
Wed 15 May 2019
at 02:02
Mess/Conference Room
"We definitely should test your abilities, sure. They may come in handy, and it is best if we know its limitations and potentialities before we get into a situation in which we risk miscalculating something and pay for it."

Culhayn answers Phelar's first question, and after a while, adds a little bit in the way of trying to help: "You know, that's another healthy sign. The hunger, I say. Good thing we are already in the mess hall - it's space food, but from what I can say, it is good space food."
Revonoss
 player, 68 posts
 Spacefarer Mechanic
 Korasha Lashunta
Wed 15 May 2019
at 06:15
Mess/Conference Room
Revonoss laughs.

"We don't need to space anyone as long as our teleportation ring works. We could have send him back when we tested it. I doubt its a one way portal after all. But yeah we will find out sooner or later if he is what he appears to be. Just hope its not a saboteur as we are allowing him to roam the ship freely."

When Phelar drops the question if she scares them he shakes his head and places his hand on hers like a granddad conforting his grandchild.

"The only fear i have is that they did something to you that would make you do things that you would do things against your will. But i am no expert on the mind so i have no idea how true that fear is. I think you nor Socket should get access to critical systems but again thats not something i have say about. And with your ability we might not even be able to even if we wanted."

He seems to shrug as he takes his hand of hers and takes a sip of his drink.

"No i am not afraid but the nature of our mission makes it wise to be at least cautious. culhayn is right though. We should see and try your abilities. We can do some tests tomorrow if you like."
Phelar Morilla
 player, 30 posts
 Human Dream Prophet
 Phrenic Adept/Technomancr
Thu 16 May 2019
at 05:08
Mess/Conference Room
"...with my ability." Phelar said quietly. "I figure you mean my ability to access computer's with my mind?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"Knowing one's limits is always a good thing, right? So yea...we can, tomorrow." She said with a small nod. "For now, food."

She then looked back to Culhayn. "You said it's space food? So...made for long voyages, and easy storage?"