Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!   Posted by Augmented.Group: 0
Augmented
 GM, 14 posts
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 15:55
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
Through each of your various connections, you've been informed of a relatively simple job for some fair money. For negotiations, you've been told to meet at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant called ¡Tan Bueno! on a Monday at noon precisely. Hoping that this job is good for you, you've arrived at the ¡Tan Bueno! in a timely fashion... with no strange or official characters approaching you just yet.

If you all would like to introduce what your characters look like, and maybe ask a question or two, now would be the time.
Elisabeth
 player, 30 posts
 Magician
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 00:12
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
18:11, Today: Elisabeth rolled 6 successes using 16d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 6,1,2,3,4,2,4,4,3,5, 4,6,5,2,6,6.  Perception upon entering meet @-2.
18:10, Today: Elisabeth rolled 8 successes using 16d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 6,5,2,3,2,5,6,3,6,4, 3,5,3,4,5,6.  Drain TN3.
18:10, Today: Elisabeth rolled 9 successes using 16d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 5,6,3,6,3,5,2,5,1,5, 1,5,6,3,4,6.  Cast Physical Mask F4, self as young ork.
18:08, Today: Elisabeth rolled 6 successes using 14d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 3,2,5,5,2,3,6,5,4,2, 3,6,6,3.  Disguise Self as male drag queen.
18:04, Today: Elisabeth rolled 4 successes using 16d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 1,5,2,4,4,2,6,3,6,3, 4,6,2,4,2,3.  Drain TN4 from Spirit Resistance .
18:04, Today: Elisabeth rolled 2 successes using 6d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 6,5,3,1,1,2.  Spirit Resistance TN4.
18:03, Today: Elisabeth rolled 4 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 4,1,3,2,3,1,3,5,5,3, 5,6.  Summonm Spirit of Air, F6, Fear,Guard.
18:00, Today: Elisabeth rolled 3 successes using 16d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 6,1,1,3,1,2,1,4,6,5, 4,3,2,4,4,4.  Drain TN2.
17:59, Today: Elisabeth rolled 4 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 2,3,2,5,5,2,4,6,4,1, 5,4.  Incr Int F4 SF2.
17:59, Today: Elisabeth rolled 5 successes using 16d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 4,2,1,2,2,6,3,6,4,3, 4,6,5,2,5,2.  Drain TN2.
17:58, Today: Elisabeth rolled 4 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 3,5,4,1,3,3,5,5,6,3, 3,3.  Incr Wil F4 Focused Concentration (FC).
17:55, Today: Elisabeth rolled 3 successes using 13d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 6,4,2,2,1,1,3,2,1,6, 4,5,2.  Drain TN2.
17:54, Today: Elisabeth rolled 7 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 5,3,6,2,5,3,5,3,6,5, 4,5.  Drop Incr Cha; recast F4 SF1.
17:53, Today: Elisabeth rolled 4 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 6,2,5,1,1,3,6,3,2,2, 3,6.  Drain TN2.
17:53, Today: Elisabeth rolled 3 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 4,3,4,6,2,1,5,3,2,1, 5,4.  Drop Incr Cha; recast F4 SF1.
17:52, Today: Elisabeth rolled 3 successes using 10d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 5,2,2,4,3,4,2,6,1,5.  Drain TN2 .
17:51, Today: Elisabeth rolled 2 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 1,1,2,2,4,4,5,1,3,5, 4,1.  Incr Cha F4 Sustaining Focus 1 (SF1).

First Cast F4 2 successes, makes Drain (should have been cast at F5)
Recast/Second Cast F4 3 successes, makes Drain
Recast/Third Cast F4 7 successes, net 4, makes Drain, Charisma is 9
First Cast F4 4 successes, Makes Drain, Willpower is 7
First Cast F4 4 successes, makes Drain,  However, should have been cast at F5, see below)

18:25, Today: Elisabeth rolled 4 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 4,3,2,6,6,1,4,5,2,1, 6,2.  Drain TN2.
18:25, Today: Elisabeth rolled 5 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 1,1,5,3,4,6,5,5,5,3, 2,1.  Reccast Incr Int F5.
18:24, Today: Elisabeth rolled 6 successes using 16d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 1,6,5,5,6,5,3,4,1,1, 1,3,2,2,4,6.  Drain TN2.
18:24, Today: Elisabeth rolled 3 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 4,6,4,1,1,1,6,2,5,2, 4,4.  Recast Incr Int F5.
18:23, Today: Elisabeth rolled 10 successes using 16d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 6,6,6,5,6,2,4,4,5,1, 5,6,1,6,5,1.  Drain TN2.
18:23, Today: Elisabeth rolled 4 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 4,3,6,1,1,1,2,3,5,5, 6,2.  Recast Incr Int F5.
18:23, Today: Elisabeth rolled 3 successes using 16d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5 with rolls of 2,1,6,5,3,5,3,4,1,3, 4,2,4,1,4,3.  Drain TN2.
18:22, Today: Elisabeth rolled 3 successes using 12d6 with the Shadowrun 4th ed system with a target of 5.  Recast Incr Int F5.


Success on Fifth casting, makes Drain. Intuition is 9
Spirit Summoning/Resistance unaffected. Air Spirit F6, 2 Services w/Fear&Guard as options
Disguise Self unaffected. 6 successes, Limit 2
Physical Mask F4, makes Drain, Illusion F4 is being self sustained @-2
Visual Perception @ -2, 6 successes.

Elisabeth goes through her morning routines, prepares to meet at 'Tan Bueno' just before noon, thinks 'counterspelling' as a free action, enters, looks around, then goes closer to whomever appears to be a waiter or in charge.

She looks like a handsome adolescent male ork, dressed in a fine Armani tuxedo. The ork says "Good Afternoon!" in orkish-accented English. "I have an appointment here at noon." He has some nice cologne on. (Physical Mask is F4)

This message was last edited by the player at 00:49, Sun 24 Feb 2019.

Augmented
 GM, 15 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 02:03
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
Upon entrance, you are greeted by a worker behind a sort of thick podium. On the podium are two items of note: Some sort of large tablet and a stylized sign that reads "Please wait to be seated!"
The worker, of obvious Mexican descent, addresses your comments.
"Good afternoon! A meeting...? Are you with Rocco, perhaps?"
The worker gestures to a large troll sitting at a table not too far away. He's faced towards the entrance, and his head perks up and watches you at the mention of his name.
"He mentioned he was waiting for some people that would arrive around noon."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:22, Sun 24 Feb 2019.

Elisabeth
 player, 31 posts
 Magician
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 06:18
Re: Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
The ork responds in his dialect , "I am not sure if I am to meet Rocco, just that it is to be at noon."

The ork approaches the troll, but not too close! "I am here to meet someone at noon. Could be that you?" The ork bows.
Augmented
 GM, 16 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 06:22
Re: Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
The worker seems a bit caught off-guard as you approach the troll, quickly adapting by acting like he's escorting you to the table.
The troll, meanwhile, raises his eyebrow and silently gestures for you to take a seat at the table.
Elisabeth
 player, 34 posts
 Magician
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 06:42
Re: Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
The ork bows again, has a seat at the table facing outward, hopefully one with a back to a wall.

'He' looks about, Assensing.

00:42, Today: Elisabeth rolled 50 using 13d6 with rolls of 5,2,3,5,4,2,3,3,4,2, 6,5,6.  Assensing @-2

It's after midnight after a nap, but that's five hits, or just about everything on the table on p.313. I don't need to know all (see my PM)

This message was last edited by the player at 06:46, Sun 24 Feb 2019.

Augmented
 GM, 17 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 06:49
Re: Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
You don't manage to get your back to a wall.
"You are waiting for more, Rocco?"
Rocco looks to the worker and holds up four fingers.
"...Right."
The worker returns to his podium as Rocco's gaze slowly steadies on you.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:15, Sun 24 Feb 2019.

Elisabeth
 player, 35 posts
 Magician
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 06:56
Re: Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
PM

This message was last edited by the player at 06:59, Sun 24 Feb 2019.

Siphon
 player, 28 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 13:22
Re: Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
And as if summoned by Rocco's wordless gesture, Siphon appeared in the doorway.  Seeing the sign, he smiled at the worker and gestured towards where the troll and ork were currently sitting.  "I do believe that my party is already here, do you mind if I join them?"
Augmented
 GM, 18 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 14:12
Re: Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
@Siphon
"No, not at all- right this way."
The worker quickly tries to regain his composure as he leads you to where Rocco and the other ork are sitting.
Siphon
 player, 29 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 18:22
Re: Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
"Thank you my good man!" Siphon said with a smile as he followed the worker to the already occupied table.  Pulling out a chair, the 'decker' took a seat before addressing the pair that was already present.  "Gentlemen, how are we today?"
Augmented
 GM, 19 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 18:29
Re: Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
Rocco leans in, resting his large forearms on the table. His right fist is adorned with a newly-painted silver knuckle duster. He glares at the newcomer, eyeing him up and down, his eyes fixating on Siphon's equipment before working his way back up to Siphon's face.
As the worker leaves, Rocco puts a finger to his lips, telling you to be quiet.
FreeMason
 player, 16 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 20:14
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
Mason entered the ¡Tan Bueno!,looking over the staff and clientele as he approached the podium. "Good afternoon." At the mention of Rocco he nods, "Yeah, that's right." As he followed the worker's direction and approached the table his AR notified him of a familiar matrix presence, but Mason gave no reaction.

Taking a seat at the table, the adept asked "Which of you is Rocco?"
Augmented
 GM, 20 posts
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 20:18
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
The worker doesn't bother escorting you to the table this time around.
The large troll sitting at the table puts a finger to his lips as he looks at you.
Augmented
 GM, 21 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 13:53
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
After an awkward bout of silence, you suddenly notice a dwarf step out of a hallway (that probably leads to the bathroom) and head to your table. He’s got a wide, welcoming grin on his face as he takes a seat.
“Why, hello, there. I apologize for being a bit late, I just like to freshen myself up a bit.”
He’s got an almost-southern accent that you can’t quite place.
“I suppose you’ve already met my associate, Rocco. Rocco, say hi.”
Rocco does not say hi.
“...Well, if you folks are all ready, we can get right into this.”
FreeMason
 player, 18 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 14:46
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
"Just one thing before we start." Mason interrupted as politely as he could. "Are there suitable privacy measures in place here?" Not having any background on this potential employer, it seemed prudent to ask the question. If Mr Johnson took offence, well, better that than a simple mistake that could cost them down the line.
Augmented
 GM, 22 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 14:50
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
"That all depends on you."
He says at a soft, but audible volume.
"I can be quiet, and Rocco... is Rocco. Nobody's going to be paying attention as long as none of you make a fuss."
Lurk
 player, 12 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 22:30
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
Lurk entered the restaurant ¡Tan Bueno! mildly chagrined having been hassled by some young punks about her looks and her size but they quickly scattered when they realized a few truths.

The call had caught her out and she had to hurry over or be really late. Dressed in stylish white slacks and blouse, Lurk had left most of her gear secured and with all anti-theft systems activated.

Steeling herself she stepped forward, taking off her jacket, now that she was out of the cool Seattle weather. Immediately seeing someone she knew, she brushed aside the fellow at the door, "My party is already here, I believe I will join them."

Fairly certain he wouldn't respond, most didn't when they laid eyes on her Lurk headed for the table.

The reason for her certainty was at over seven feet tall she drew attention. She had the body of an athlete, a gymnast really but that wasn't what caused them to gape. Her skin pigmentation ran a deep midnight blue, in fact, more than one said it almost glowed under a certain light but she was pretty sure that compliment was due to an ulterior motive or two. Her hair, just past her shoulders was a vibrant emerald green, matching the color of her eyes. The horns that grew from her head though were straight, true, and strong ... a black so deep they seemed to absorb light though was that a hint of deep blue there?

Few people had ever met an Oni before. As such, impressions were often made.

"My apologies. Is this the table for the noon meeting?"

This message was last edited by the player at 23:15, Mon 25 Feb 2019.

Augmented
 GM, 23 posts
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 23:15
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
The dwarf nods.
“Yes, please sit.”
Lurk
 player, 13 posts
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 05:05
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
Lurk examines the chair momentarily to be certain it will take her weight. A habit she was unlikely to ever break given history but she sat after that moment with grace nodding to those already around the table.

"Thank you."
FreeMason
 player, 19 posts
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 10:06
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
Looking around the table, then at the dwarf, Mason asked "Are we expecting' anyone else?" He refrained from addressing the dwarf as 'Mr Johnson' given the public nature of the venue. He also resisted the temptation to order a drink via the restaurant's Matrix host. His SIN was so new it still had the shine on it and he had no desire to associate it with the ¡Tan Bueno! Just yet.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:21, Tue 26 Feb 2019.

Augmented
 GM, 24 posts
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 13:37
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
"I was expecting five."
The dwarf admits.
"We'll give it some time."
Augmented
 GM, 27 posts
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 00:49
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
"Late."
The dwarf grumbles.
"Oh well. Listen up, now."
He leans in as Rocco leans back, looking around.
"We're hiring you to intercept a deal between us an a rival gang. The gang's called the Brass Knucks, and they're a shady bunch 'a fucks, but they're our only buyers. So, your job is to stop the deal as its happening, take both items, and bring both back to right here three days after it goes down."
He presses his pointer finger against the table, then takes out and hands you a closed envelope.
"In here are some more specific details, but the deal's going down at 1 in the mornin' at the Greyspot Mall. All you need to do is get the stuff."
Elisabeth
 player, 39 posts
 Magician
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 01:15
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
The young ork nodded and smiled. "Do we negotiate before we learn more specific details or afterwards?" He pointed to the closed envelope. "There might be some conditions that you will prefer to avoid, such as collateral damage to your own gang members in the encounter at the Mall."

He looked at the others, as if to encourage what the others might have to say.
Augmented
 GM, 28 posts
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 03:12
Infiltrate the Greyspot Mall!
"You can read it now."
The dwarf offers the envelope.
"One's from my boss, another's from an ally."