Graduation Day.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 101 posts
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 14:08
In The Hall
Crystalline's fireball hits the mage square in the chest, and the force of the explosion causes him to stumble back.

Aribeth charges the mage that is in the southeast corner, and manages to finish him off with a sweeping strike, slicing him from shoulder to hip.

McKellen!
McKellen
 Human Ranger, 53 posts
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 17:51
In The Hall
He focuses on the northwest mage and fires two arrows again, he isn't fazed by his earlier miss.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 102 posts
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 17:57
In The Hall
The mage's eyes go wide as he stares down McKellen's arrows, and both of McKellen's arrows sink into the his chest. He falls to the ground, eyes glazed over, and dies.

The lone surviving mage casts a spell, summoning fire on himself, and he allows it to hit his head, crying out as it falls from the ceiling: "For the glory of Maugrim, and the Old Ones!"

The flames consume him, and a pile of ash is all that remains.

Aribeth calls you all over to her, and tells you all "Listen to me! There may not be much time! These mages are undoubtedly part of a plot to undermine our attempts to cure the Wailing Death!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:17, Wed 17 Apr 2019.

Crystalline
 Half-Elf Druid, 52 posts
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 18:00
In The Hall
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 241):

Crystalline goes to Aribeth. She is a little shaky.
"Miss Aribeth? Do you know who Maugrim is?" she asked. Something the final mage said bothered her greatly.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:05, Wed 17 Apr 2019.

Kolgrim
 Human Fighter, 39 posts
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 18:15
In The Hall
After seeing the last mage explode Kolgrim checks his blades and sheathes them as he heads over to Aribeth.
Vokulmahvo
 Dragonborn Paladin, 47 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 13:13
In The Hall
I chime in, adding to Crystalline's question "And who are the Old Ones? Also, I thought that the Wailing Death was contained to the Beggar's Nest?"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 13:49, Thu 18 Apr 2019.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 103 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 13:27
In The Hall
Aribeth, speaking quickly, responds: "I have no idea who this 'Maugrim' is, nor who the 'Old Ones' are. However, the Wailing Death is not contained. The worst of it is found in the Nest, but there are outbreaks in nearly every part of the city. Lord Nasher himself has contracted the disease. Make no mistake, if no cure is found, Neverwinter will be nothing but an empty ruin in three month's time.

However, there is hope for a cure. The Blackstaff has sent us four creatures, procured by his mages, from Waterdeep. These Waterdhavian creatures are: a dryad, an intellect devourer, a cockatrice, and a Yuan-ti Pureblood. He is sure that, using the various parts of these creatures, we can create a cure.

These mages probably assumed that I was with the creatures when they broke through the magical barrier protecting the school, and teleported into here to claim the creatures. They must be able to track me somehow...
"

As she speaks, you can hear the din of battle coming from outside the room.

"It sounds like the rest of the school is under attack, as well. You four must hurry and retrieve the creatures!"

She hands you a key. "This key will allow you to enter the stables. To get there, you must go into the eastern halls, but rather than go up to entrance, head down the south hallway and follow it until you reach the stairs leading up into the stables. I can only hope that the door has managed to hold..."
Crystalline
 Half-Elf Druid, 53 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 14:07
In The Hall
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 245):

Crystalline takes the key.
"We will not fail you."
McKellen
 Human Ranger, 54 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 17:33
In The Hall
He listens intently to what Aribeth says. Ketta was right, they would be protecting a potential cure.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 104 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 17:38
In The Hall
"I'll stay here and protect these students and tend to their wounds. You four, go! The fate of Neverwinter rests in your hands!"

She turns and begins to herd the students back into the southwest corner, and begins to heal some of the wounded.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 17:38, Thu 18 Apr 2019.

McKellen
 Human Ranger, 55 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 18:15
In The Hall
Before he heads out, McKellen goes to search the northwestern mage's body for anything of value, such as money, tools, potions even.
Kolgrim
 Human Fighter, 40 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 18:30
In The Hall
Kolgrim runs over to the northeastern mage while yelling "Hey I need to check something real quick!" He checks the bodies for any kind of drink more linear towards the alcohol flavour.

Kolgrim checks the bloody mess of the body but doesn't find anything.

He checks the body  again but more throughly making sure he isn't missing any pockets.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 105 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 18:36
In The Hall
McKellen:
You manage to find 5 flasks, each filled with a glimmering red liquid, as well as a silver wand with a blue crystal on the end.

Kolgrim:
On your first search, you forget that this body does not, in fact, have a head. You go to place one hand where his head would be, to stabilize yourself, and instead your hand plunges into a pool of blood. After wiping your hand off, you manage to find 5 flasks filled with red liquid, as well as a wand with a blue crystal on the end.
Crystalline
 Half-Elf Druid, 54 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 18:39
In The Hall
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 251):

Crystalline watches Kolgrim and McKellen go check the bodies. She hopes they hurry. This is kind of an urgent manner.
Kolgrim
 Human Fighter, 41 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 18:44
In The Hall
Kolgrim sets the flasks down out of the blood only keeping one in hand with the wand in another, he tries to remember what these items could do or be used for.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 106 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 18:47
In The Hall
Kolgrim:
McKellen
 Human Ranger, 56 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 19:02
In The Hall
He places the items away on his person and heads back over to Vokulmahvo and Crystalline. "Are you two ready to leave?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:03, Thu 18 Apr 2019.

Kolgrim
 Human Fighter, 42 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 19:05
In The Hall
Kolgrim grabs the other small flasks and the wand in his pockets, he runs over to Aribeth "Did you say Yuan-ti Purebloods."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:06, Thu 18 Apr 2019.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 107 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 19:11
In The Hall
Aribeth stands, taking a moment from her healings, and says "Yes, one. Apparently, the abomination's heart is needed for the cure, and we will need it to be as fresh as possible, so we are keeping it alive."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 108 posts
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 13:47
In The Hall
Aribeth goes back to healing the wounded. There is still one unlooted corpse in the room. What do you guys do?
Vokulmahvo
 Dragonborn Paladin, 48 posts
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 15:11
In The Hall
I go and search the last corpse.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:13, Fri 26 Apr 2019.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 109 posts
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 17:13
In The Hall
Vokulmahvo:
You find four red potions and a wand with a blue stone on the top, the same kind as were found on the other bodies.
Vokulmahvo
 Dragonborn Paladin, 49 posts
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 18:04
In The Hall
"Interesting..." I stow the potions in my pack and look at the rest of the party.
"Shall we?" I move to the door, let everyone move close, and listen before opening it to see what I can gather about what is going on in the hall outside.
Crystalline
 Half-Elf Druid, 55 posts
Sun 28 Apr 2019
at 20:46
In The Hall
In reply to Vokulmahvo (msg # 261):

Crystalline slowly follows Vokulmahvo.
Crystalline
 Half-Elf Druid, 56 posts
Tue 7 May 2019
at 19:04
In The Hall
In reply to Vokulmahvo (msg # 261):

"Do you see anything Volkulmahvo?" Crystalline asks quietly.