The cavern.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
Raphim
 player, 57 posts
 Elven Archer
 HP: 5 | AC: 6
Tue 17 Nov 2020
at 12:02
Re: The cavern
The archer keeps a keen eye on the surroundings, especially Dirk and Grimbold at the gate. After a moment he moves to the passage entrance Beverly just slipped through and continues his vigil.

listening in beverly's direction while watching dirk and grimbold searching for stuff
*edit im assuming i can't hear the approaching footsteps until told..?

This message was last edited by the player at 12:04, Tue 17 Nov 2020.

Dirk
 player, 81 posts
 Specialty Preist
 HP 8 AC 7
Wed 18 Nov 2020
at 00:05
Re: The cavern
In reply to Raphim (msg # 37):

Dirk sighs and bolts as softly as a halfling can to the passage motioning for Ralphim to get into the passage then sets low looking back out.  Whispers some one is coming hell bent to leather so lets see who it is.
Beverley Harrow
 player, 43 posts
 Farmer
Wed 18 Nov 2020
at 01:28
Re: The cavern
Beverley didn't like the feeling, something or someone else was there with her, she was sure and really needed that light she asked for, so she went back to report.
She didn't turn, she just siddled backwards until about half way then stopped.
Almost a whisper but it needed to carry. Dirk, Raphim, Grimbold, something is in here, I need a light and I'm not going further without one. her voice stern and obviously demanding.
DM
 GM, 74 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 02:49
Re: The cavern
The sound of steps stopped midway to the gates and then there was some yelling. But the actual words got drowned by the echo. Whoever it was, they would get to the gates in less than a minute. If the group wanted to do something, they needed to do it quickly.
Dirk
 player, 82 posts
 Specialty Preist
 HP 8 AC 7
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 03:00
Re: The cavern
In reply to DM (msg # 40):

OOC - Dirk was looking out from the side passage into the main hallway to see who it is that os running
Raphim
 player, 58 posts
 Elven Archer
 HP: 5 | AC: 6
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 13:33
Re: The cavern
Raphim slipped back into the shadows with bow in hand. Beverly's correct. We have no light. His elven sight was good enough in these caverns for now, but they needed everyone to be ready for a fight. For now he'd have to rely on one of the others to provide illumination for their newfound group until he obtained the proper spell. If they survived. Raphim kept his eyes on the gate...

attempting to hide in shadows
Beverley Harrow
 player, 44 posts
 Farmer
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 13:56
Re: The cavern
Beverley jumps a little and a little yelp came out if her mouth, not loud, she had control of herself or so she told herself.

Hearing the commotion from out of the narrow passage, Beverley didn't want to make too much noise but needed to alert those she had just met.... Just in case
Who's there? What do you want?
Dirk, something touched my food, need light NOW! Please


She moves a little quicker through the passage back to the group.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:57, Sat 21 Nov 2020.

Dirk
 player, 83 posts
 Specialty Preist
 HP 8 AC 7
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 17:19
Re: The cavern
In reply to Beverley Harrow (msg # 43):

low grumble, a spark and grinding sound and poof, light as a torch is tossed toward Beverly - Dirk pulled out a torch and lit it then tossed it quickly back toward Beverly - "There's your light."

He then turns and look out into the main hallway awaiting to see what is in there running.
Beverley Harrow
 player, 45 posts
 Farmer
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 18:12
Re: The cavern
In reply to Dirk (msg # 44):

Beverley defly catches the 'tossed' torch by the unlit end (ooc: rolled a 7 for Dex check, made it)

Thank you as she turned to see what was following her, she hoped it was a putty or a cat, a small one, not one of those that came down from the mountains every so often in the Winter.
She hadn't heard the running feet but had already told the others when she arrived that an angry Mob was making it's way to the cave.
Raphim
 player, 59 posts
 Elven Archer
 HP: 5 | AC: 6
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 07:57
Re: The cavern
"We're being flanked, possible enemies from the gate and a mob from the hole in the wall. I suggest everyone keep their back to a wall so they can't successfully have two points of attack with you in the middle," Raphim whispered.
DM
 GM, 75 posts
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 04:44
Re: The cavern
Dirk.


Beverly.
Dirk
 player, 84 posts
 Specialty Preist
 HP 8 AC 7
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 04:26
Re: The cavern
In reply to DM (msg # 47):

Dirk leans back into the cover of the passage way and whispers back, douse the torch we have a lot of company out here.  please.   Then keeps an eye on the passage but still stays hidden.   Dirk will try to Hide in shadows and hear noise to see what he hears.
Beverley Harrow
 player, 46 posts
 Farmer
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 17:45
Re: The cavern
Dirk:
In reply to DM (msg # 47):

Dirk leans back into the cover of the passage way and whispers back, douse the torch we have a lot of company out here.  please.   Then keeps an eye on the passage but still stays hidden.   Dirk will try to Hide in shadows and hear noise to see what he hears.

Beverley moves a little further in, the tail she saw had gone out of the torchlight.
Did you not see that animal tail? Look on the wall, Runes, can you understand them?
Dirk
 player, 85 posts
 Specialty Preist
 HP 8 AC 7
Fri 27 Nov 2020
at 16:04
Re: The cavern
In reply to Beverley Harrow (msg # 49):

Dirk looks about trying to see the runes and an animal.
Beverley Harrow
 player, 47 posts
 Farmer
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 00:18
Re: The cavern
In reply to Dirk (msg # 50):

I also think that staying where you all are by the gate will mean the Mob can see you.  our hand is being forced gents.  After showing Dirk the symbols/runes, Beverley waves the torch down the passage, hoping to catch a glimpse of the creature attached to the tail.

(ooc: And I get to pinch the 400th post :-)  Yay)
EDIT: Meant to mean all of you, so have now put that.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:49, Sat 28 Nov 2020.

Dirk
 player, 86 posts
 Specialty Preist
 HP 8 AC 7
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 00:36
Re: The cavern
In reply to Beverley Harrow (msg # 51):

Dirk did move back some and is hiding in shadows best a 1/2ling Thiefish priest can do.
Raphim
 player, 60 posts
 Elven Archer
 HP: 5 | AC: 6
Sun 29 Nov 2020
at 03:57
Re: The cavern
Raphim clung to the shadows and waited for anything coming through the gate. It sounds like Beverly has discovered some runes, His interest in this place was piqued. And something with a tail...The archer whispered back to the others in the tunnel, "We'll keep rear guard from the shadows for now, watch over the gate. Be careful with...whatever's in there with you." Raphim had to laugh at himself, Of course, they're already being careful...
Beverley Harrow
 player, 51 posts
 Farmer
Fri 4 Dec 2020
at 17:56
Re: The cavern
Beverley moves forward along the narrow path, the torch light going with her, barely lighting where Dirk is by now.
DM
 GM, 79 posts
Sun 6 Dec 2020
at 04:22
Re: The cavern
Five of the cloaked men emerged from the gate, their apparent leader in front. One of them was the same guy who unwittingly led the group to the cave. The leader took out a medallion covered in runes -that looked just like the sigil in the side passage-.

Time to declare actions. They haven't seen you yet, but their leader is about to do something with the medallion.

Beverley Harrow
 player, 53 posts
 Farmer
Sun 6 Dec 2020
at 11:13
Re: The cavern
In reply to DM (msg # 55):

Beverley is already moving along the side passage slowly, unsure if there are bends in that passage.  I'm hoping that the medallion gets the lights on so we can walk easier.
Raphim
 player, 62 posts
 Elven Archer
 HP: 5 | AC: 6
Sun 6 Dec 2020
at 15:26
Re: The cavern
Raphim stays in the shadows and inches his way to the tunnel, then continues after the others.
Dirk
 player, 89 posts
 Specialty Preist
 HP 8 AC 7
Sun 6 Dec 2020
at 15:42
Re: The cavern
In reply to Raphim (msg # 57):

Dirk thinks, Five to one or two of us, ugh where's Raphim the odds are bad. WOnder what the medallion and this passage have in common?

He will also squirm further into the tunnel/side passage following Beverly hoping there is an answer to find.
Grimbold
 player, 48 posts
 Dwarven Fighter
Sun 6 Dec 2020
at 15:43
Re: The cavern
Grimbold follows the group
Dirk
 player, 90 posts
 Specialty Preist
 HP 8 AC 7
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 19:57
Re: The cavern
In reply to Grimbold (msg # 59):

Dirk is ready to cast Bless if things get to that point but hopes they can skirt the badies and see where this goes.
Beverley Harrow
 player, 55 posts
 Farmer
Thu 24 Dec 2020
at 15:33
Re: The cavern
Beverley hears Dirk behind her and feels reassured by a friendly presence.