Gimpy's.   Posted by Narator.Group: 0
Krugg
 player, 3 posts
 Trollkin
 Seven Mothers
Sat 8 Jun 2019
at 07:59
Re: Gimpy's
Krugg looks at the small human as he talks, his smile broadening for a moment and his nodding faster. Both disappear though as a frown crosses his brow and he tries to make out what was said. Finally he replies in tradetongue very slowly "Krugg good hunter. Krugg not be seen but see good. Krugg not be hear but hear good. Krugg find food good but not be food."

"Krugg bash good"
and he pats the mace he carries "and Krugg sling good."

"Krugg join you yes?"
and the nodding grinning face returns.
Narator
 GM, 25 posts
Sun 9 Jun 2019
at 17:12
Re: Gimpy's
Greybeard looks up at the group. In tradetalk he says, "We are going into the Rubble to the Kakstan’s Art Museum. There is a picture I need to study. Your job is to get me there safely and make sure I am able to study the picture.

There are various bandit groups that may get in the way. Not counting chaos of course. This should not be overly dangerous if we are smart about it."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:16, Sun 09 June 2019.

Anaran
 Anaran, 11 posts
 HP 15/15, MP 17/17
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 20:35
Re: Gimpy's
Anaran pauses for a moment then nods before speaking. "Yes, Krugg join us," he says to Krugg.

Looking to Greybeard he continues, "Other than Krugg and myself, do you have anyone else to guard you? How many are we guarding?"
Starwatcher
 player, 2 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 04:39
Re: Gimpy's
Looking down? I am looking down... and just what is this thing I have attached to me?  Searching for answers I probe this thing called memory with thrilling expectancy.

Ahh rope and the Hairy thing is a Bison.  Yes Bison and I am? I am? I am Starwatcher. What a nice name Starwatcher.  So what is a Star and why do I watch it? Looking around to take in the exiting new sights I notice lots of what appears to be sounds.  Ok so now I have to get a handle on things.  With wonder Starwatcher approaches one of the loudest and most engrossing centers of sound.

 I do believe it to be called Gimpys? Now how do I know that?

Standing in the doorway, the Bison beast patiently waiting behind me I experience strange sensations of some kind that shake my very being.  Having a body is such a delicious delight it even comes with some residual memories.  That was not expected.


Why is it important?  "Err Hollo May I come in?"

This message was last edited by the player at 12:35, Mon 17 June 2019.

Narator
 GM, 27 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 20:00
Re: Gimpy's
A Star warrior stumbles into Gimpy's. She looks confused and wanders around the room until she gets to your table. You all stare at the sight.
Starwatcher
 player, 3 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 20:33
Re: Gimpy's
In reply to Narator (msg # 26):

stare back just to be polite... err I hope it is polite to stare? It must be as they are doing it.  Who are they?
 "Me Myself I is...Starwatcher umm yes that is right we is Starwatcher, this" holding up the rope in my hand thus drawing attention to the Bison on it "is Bison A Bison"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:43, Mon 17 June 2019.

Anaran
 Anaran, 13 posts
 HP 15/15, MP 17/17
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 01:05
Re: Gimpy's
Anaran looks up at Starwatcher for a moment then nods slowly. "I am Anaran of the Firehoof Clan. How can I help you Starwatcher?"
Scallah
 player, 9 posts
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 02:54
Re: Gimpy's
Narator:
A Star warrior stumbles into Gimpy's. She looks confused and wanders around the room until she gets to your table. You all stare at the sight.


Ooc is this stargazer a bearded lady?
Starwatcher
 player, 4 posts
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 03:03
Re: Gimpy's
In reply to Anaran (msg # 28):
"know know? we seek understand we seek fun we seek... many things.

 What is Firehoof?"

Anaran
 Anaran, 14 posts
 HP 15/15, MP 17/17
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 03:28
Re: Gimpy's
"Firehoof is the name of my clan. Our impalas are known for their speed and agility," he answers with pride. "Perhaps you should talk to a shaman. You seem to be spirit ridden."

He turns back to Krugg and Greybeard. "When do you wish to leave Greybeard?"
Krugg
 player, 4 posts
 Trollkin
 Seven Mothers
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 16:53
Re: Gimpy's
Krugg watches the strange warily, his attention flicking back to the dark troll now and then to make sure that it isn't deciding to come over too.
Scallah
 player, 10 posts
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 21:00
Re: Gimpy's
In reply to Scallah (msg # 15):

Getting no reply from the believers Scallah found a bedroom she could use to rest and tidy up from the journey. Once refreshed and revitalized she explored the immediate area. Goingbwith the flow of pedestrians.
Starwatcher
 player, 5 posts
Tue 18 Jun 2019
at 22:47
Re: Gimpy's
looking around the common room for a place to take Bison a Bison Starwatcher notices that he is the only being here with a mount in attendance
"No I am Starwatcher, not Spiritridden, we know not of this Spiritridden person of whom you speak.  Ugg this place reeks... where should one put bison?"
  Starwatcher inquires of anyone in general

This message was last edited by the player at 22:56, Tue 18 June 2019.

Narator
 GM, 28 posts
Wed 19 Jun 2019
at 00:29
Re: Gimpy's
Greybeard looks at the confused Yelornan. "Have a seat you look ready to fall down." Then looking at the gathering. We will leave tomorrow morning at Yelm rise. We will leave by the Peoples Gate. Then following the trail we will enter downtown pass by the Puzzle Canal and small town. Into the Big Grazing, in the ruins of Old Town before we get to Twin Hills, there is the Goal."

"This is a dangerous area and bandits and monsters abound. Your job is to safeguard me and help me get there. Once inside occasional relics are found. No one knows where they come from. There is a wall with a painting that changes. When studied it is later found to show clues to the city's future. I want to study it and take sketches."
Anaran
 Anaran, 15 posts
 HP 15/15, MP 17/17
Wed 19 Jun 2019
at 01:47
Re: Gimpy's
Anaran nods at Greybeard. "Very well, I shall meet you come morning. Do you want to gather here or at the Peoples Gate?"
Starwatcher
 player, 6 posts
Wed 19 Jun 2019
at 02:00
Re: Gimpy's
a quick peek withing gives me some incite to what was just suggested.

picking up the aforementioned seat, with bared teeth Starwatcher offers it to the entity designated as Greybeard. "now I got it what do I do with it? you entities are so strange?

For example when you say your searching for relics. If you go there, will you find yourself, being as you are! an object surviving from an earlier time, or even a historical object perhaps ancient object of antiquity, antique, heirloom, object of virtue, curio which has survived the winds of time?

and how odd it is to call the Sun! Yelm?  If it is called Yelm not Sun. Why do the Worshipers of Yelm have Sun Dome Temples not Yelm Dome Temples?"

Gosh this is giving Starwatcher tingles allover just from the thrill of it all.  Hope it lasts.  Learning is so much fun... so far.

quote:
From: RuneQuest - Sun Dome Temple V2 by Lyfan

This message was last edited by the player at 04:33, Wed 19 June 2019.

Narator
 GM, 29 posts
Wed 19 Jun 2019
at 03:15
Re: Gimpy's
Greybeard says, "We will meet at the Peoples Gate. Don't forget to register or they will not let you back in. If you do not claim all your equipment when you enter they may want to tax it on the way out. By the way, someone unscramble the girl's brain. She won't be of much use like that. Get that bison out of here it stinks." With this he again pours over the map and his books.
Scallah
 player, 11 posts
Wed 19 Jun 2019
at 04:02
Re: Gimpy's
Scallah comes to a sudden halt. Blinks several times then rubs her eyes. Yes she isn't seeing things there is a Bisons butt, protruding from.the entry to a tavern. Stepping forward she gives it's hind flank a thump with her hand, to get it to move.
Starwatcher
 player, 8 posts
Wed 19 Jun 2019
at 04:38
Re: Gimpy's
when the bison reacts to the unseen prodding Starwatcher reaches the wrong conclusion.
"Tavern Keep where are the stables?  Bison A Bison is getting antsy"

ooc thank goodness that illusion has finally worn off

This message was last edited by the player at 04:39, Wed 19 June 2019.

Scallah
 player, 13 posts
Fri 21 Jun 2019
at 03:39
Re: Gimpy's
Her slap on the bovine's hind quarter got it to move forward alloeing her to see who had led the mount into the inn. Noting a somewhat befuddled Starwarrion grasping the Bison's reigns. Moving out of the entry Scallah headed across to the bar to ask the Innkeeper if this type of thing was common practice.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:53, Sun 23 June 2019.

Starwatcher
 player, 14 posts
Sun 23 Jun 2019
at 19:25
Re: Gimpy's
Slowly backing Bison A bison back out the structure as best she can.
"Really should not have such small doors."
Starwatcher
 player, 15 posts
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 01:23
Re: Gimpy's
After returning from her success or failure to stable A Bison and noticing that the strangers she had been conversing with earlier where now missing.  Starwatcher takes a different seat in an attempt to take note of what was being said and done around her and ponders on how and why the strangers left so suddenly?
Starwatcher
 player, 16 posts
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 06:55
Re: Gimpy's
After hours of waiting Starwatcher reaches the conclusion that the others are not coming back So she decides to head off and find some other job.  A caravan guard perhaps she could even give up the warrior life entirely and become a Shaman follower of Chalana Arroy.  Stranger things have happened.  A few inquires from the Tavern staff may give some information on how to proceed... one way or another.
Starwatcher
 player, 17 posts
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 06:56
Re: Gimpy's
All comes to those who wait? Somehow I doubt that.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:24, Fri 28 June 2019.

Narator
 GM, 32 posts
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 18:38
Re: Gimpy's
In reply to Starwatcher (msg # 45):

You had every chance to join the group. Instead you decided to play brain injured and not join in. If you want you can say you joined the group that went out the Peoples Gate.