○ Hommlet Village Streets.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 117 posts
 HP:20/20 SP:8/8
Wed 5 Jun 2019
at 03:50
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
Seeing his friends help the druid, Storm also lends his strength
Dungeon Master
 GM, 594 posts
Wed 5 Jun 2019
at 03:54
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
Jaroo looks to Althiof "You underestimate the strength of me and and followers." he says. When the Priest that was with Calmert offers to help, Jaroo is taken aback for a moment. But then sighs. Jaroo and the others look up and give a respectful nod. "Thank you." he says. Another person comes wheeling over with a small cart, although large enough for the bear to hang over the edges. The four men are able to heft the bear and position it onto the cart, and Jaroo looks to Korkas & Stormrider. "Thank you again for your help." he says as he and the others start pushing the cart towards the Grove.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 228 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:10
Wed 5 Jun 2019
at 04:05
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
Korkas nodded to Jaroo "Sorry for ye's loss. I'm sure he was a good friend. Korkas watched a moment as the trio walked away and then turned towards the inn. By now he was soaked.
Althiof Morad
 player, 224 posts
 Professional Locksmith &
 Security Consultant
Wed 5 Jun 2019
at 04:09
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
The locksmith hid his feelings well, with no small help from his bearded face, but he was hurt.  He was first to offer condolences (the only one, before the druid's actions), and he offered his best suggestions to help.  Nonetheless, the druid thanked everyone but him.  The druid even seemed to take offense at Althiöf's words.

Disgusted with the druid, the locksmith returned to inside the Inn.
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 118 posts
 HP:20/20 SP:8/8
Wed 5 Jun 2019
at 04:27
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
Storm bows at the Druid and wishes him well. He will head back to the inn if his companions are
Virius Tesh
 player, 122 posts
 Suloise Envoy from the
 Wizardholme of Urnst
Wed 5 Jun 2019
at 13:54
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
Virius too, returns to the welcome wench.  The rain had soaked him thoroughly ... a strong cup of tea by the fire seemed really good right about now.
Kossoth Zan
 player, 60 posts
Wed 5 Jun 2019
at 14:11
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
Kossoth watched the two sides retreat to their respective safe havens.  He didn't have a proverbial horse in the race but it seemed to him that the fact that St. Cuthbert followers would have no problem killing another living thing and compare it to interrupting an evening mass and supposedly desecrating and cursing the place of worship to be out of touch.  If it were a real curse brought by the gods above or below he would have thought that there would be more actual hoopla in town and in turn they killed a living creature and strung it up for all to see.

Forget the politics of religion that was simply insane and it showed on his face.  With a shake of his head in disdain he headed back into the inn.

-->To Inn
Dungeon Master
 GM, 607 posts
Wed 5 Jun 2019
at 16:43
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
==================END OF SCENE==================
Dungeon Master
 GM, 733 posts
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 02:28
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets

Outside in the Village Streets

You make it back to Hommlet, the goblin still gagged and tied up, he is still unconscious, the poison having knocked him out. You make it the streets outside of the Inn of the Welcome Wench. Where to from here?
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 306 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:9/15
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 02:34
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 89):

"We should take the goblin to Rufus and Burne, or the town constable." Korkas remarks as they trudge through the rain
Virius Tesh
 player, 184 posts
 Suloise Envoy from the
 Wizardholme of Urnst
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 03:24
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
Virius nods.  "Best to let them handle it, for sure."  He said.

"I will take the gems to the jeweler and see what can be done with them."  He added.  "I still have one from the other day that has not been sold."
Kossoth Zan
 player, 92 posts
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 03:49
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
"I take it, friend Korkas, that this Rufus and Burne might draw some actually useful information from the goblin if it has any?" questioned Kossoth.

Looking to Virius he nodded, "I was the one who spoke to her yesterday and arranged the cutting down of those gems so I'll go with you.  Perhaps I'll be able to get as good prices for slimming down the Opals and Topaz."
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 309 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:9/15
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 04:25
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
"It is possible Burne and Ruffus could buy the gems without paying a fee"
Kossoth Zan
 player, 95 posts
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 04:29
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
"If you wanted to try we could.  I was using the excuse to visit her so that I could eventually broach learning the basics of her trade from her.  While my skill with leather is decent and for a desert merchants son have a good hand at smithing weapons I've been yearning something more precise and delicate...and far more portable than those two.  Those tools are far more portable than what I'd need in the minimum for the others..." he confessed.
Ali Ansari
 player, 67 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 6/6 SP 4/4
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 17:27
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
In reply to Kossoth Zan (msg # 94):

Er, I would be willing to take the goblin to Rufus and Burne's tower, They may be able to speak to him and learn more from him.  Maybe Korkas can go too and we can talk to the dude in charge of the workers and see what jobs we could qualify for and start the investigation of who is delaying their building efforts.

Stormrider Truesight
 player, 181 posts
 HP:20/20 SP:8/8
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 23:40
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
Storm offers to bring the bodies to the church for identification and proper burial. He will be willing to do the rites.
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 195 posts
 HP:20/20 SP:8/8
Sat 15 Jun 2019
at 16:22
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
Having rendered the last rites, Storm tries to find the wood cutters to inform them that they can resume chopping wood
Dungeon Master
 GM, 949 posts
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 17:02
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets



UPDATE

Please use the Hommlet Village Streets Thread to direct where your character is going. I have closed all the other location threads and this will help me keep people organized. Right now everyone is inside the Inn of the Welcome Wench. Use the Streets to navigate letting me know where you are going so I can prepare the scene. Thank you.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 961 posts
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 01:33
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
Korkas & Althiof meet on the streets after nightfall, and prepare to head out towards the Moathouse. Having gotten the instructions to where exactly the moathouse was, Ostler was helpful in that matter. He also warned to keep a lookout for giant frogs, living in the surrounding swamp that's around the moathouse. Dangerous Frogs he says. The two venture off into darkness through town and past Burnes' and Rufus' Tower, and past the road to the Cemetery.

Proceed to: link to a message in this game
Dungeon Master
 GM, 965 posts
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 00:51
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets

Doran Kron had traveled south from the Kron Hills along the High Road. He had heard that a group of goblins matching the clan that had burned down his home, had been spotted around this area. He wanted to further inquire about them, and what better place than the Inn of the Welcome Wench at the town of Hommlet. Rumor had already started to spread around the outskirts of Hommlet about a group of adventures that were in town for the funeral for Elkiar Rusman, the former Lord of Rangers of the Gnarley Wood. These Adventurers have been doing things around Hommlet, one of those things being the killing of some of the Blood Shield Goblins. The same that burned down your home, and possibly kidnapped your wife and child. Hearing a rumor now that the Blood Shield tribe has been spotted has given you new hope, and a new direction.

Upon arriving in Hommlet the first thing you notice is the amount of damage. It looks like rainstorms and wind has trashed the place. Many of the townsfolk are out and cleaning up debris and tree limbs. Some are patching up windows and other damage. Which is strange because the entire trip here, not a storm cloud was in sight. You make it past the central part of down and come on the towns notice board. One message is on the notice board, likely one that was placed on here after the storm, since looking around on the ground near the board you see most of the older messages all strewn about caused by the heavy winds the prior day.

quote:
Hommlet Notice Board

Adventuring Group, looking to help Hommlet and the surrounding area is looking for a Sturdy Man at Arms. Not afraid to get into a fight. Equal pay guaranteed. Seek out <Insert Party Name> at the Inn of the Welcome Wench if you find your skills would work well.

- Korkas Stonedelver


The message tells you to meet this person at the Inn of the Welcome Wench, which is right behind the notice board. You can head into the Inn or explore the rest of Hommlet.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:18, Fri 05 July 2019.

Doran Kron
 player, 4 posts
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 01:17
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
The wagon that trundled heavily into the middle of Hommlet was long and fairly narrow, with high sloped sides and iron bands reinforcing the muddy wheels. It was drawn by two mules, sturdy creatures that did not spare even a glance at most of the townsfolk they had passed on the way in.

It was driven by a bear of a man, hunched forward over the toe board with the reins grasped loosely in his dirty calloused hands. He was huge, not particularly handsome, not even particularly fit looking, just big in the way that livestock were big, thick and broad. The similarities did not end there, as the Flan had a great mane of thick shaggy brown hair that cascaded down into a big bushy beard that fell to the top of his gut, and skin like supple tanned leather.

He was dressed like a peasant, a thick dark green woolen tunic that fell almost to his ankles, some homespun hose, square toed work boots and a fur lined cap upon his head. He bore no weapon and wore no armor, just a humble knife at his belt.

The mules would have passed right by had the driver not let out a soft "Whoahhh" and pulled the brake at his side. With a grunt he stepped down and peered at the board for a time, and noted the wet smudge where the aforementioned groups name should be. His green eyes traveled up and over the board where he looked uncertain, even nervous at the gathering of people within starting their day.

After a few minutes hesitation, he ran a hand through his beard and straightened his bushy eyebrows a bit with some spit and his thumb, then led the mules a little closer to the Inn of the Welcome Wench.

"Wish me luck" he whispered to one of the mules, who had began to drink from the trough, then patted the animals dusty flank before he stomped off his boots and headed inside.
Sir Standrenn
 player, 7 posts
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 22:08
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
 The lone mounted figure that appeared upon the lane on the outskirts of the hamlet looked like he had fallen into a pond. His horse was spattered in mud as indeed, was the rider. A wet woolen cloak was draped around the hunched over figure was wet, but the hood was thrown back to reveal a spangle helm with a drooping plume. His face thus exposed, was one with full blondish beard in need of a barbers attention.

 The figure stood then, up in his stirrups that caused the sodden cloak to part somewhat to expose banded mail with a wide leather belt that held a large sword on his left side. A lance was tied to the back and side of the saddle with what looked to be the remains of a pennant that was as soaked as the rest of the man and his gear, and drooped.

 The figure looked now to the tower on yon hill, then the hamlet again, and what appeared to be an Inn of some sort. He sat back upon the saddle and came to a decision, as he turned his mount and slowly headed toward the hill with yon tower.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:36, Fri 05 July 2019.

Sir Standrenn
 player, 9 posts
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 01:48
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
 The Knight was led into the Tower, after he had turned his horse over to a servant as directed by the rude one in robes. Sir Standreen took the measure of the place, while he waited for the Lord of the Tower to make an appearance.

 Soon a man of distinguished bearing and garb put in an appearance. This had to be the Lord of the Tower. When asked if he bore a message, Standreen frowned a moment, but then remembered his courtesy. A slight bow. “ Hail and well met, My Lord. I am Sir Standreen, Knight Errant, once in the service to the Bannerette, Sir Beone of the Westermarck, Kingdom of Furyondy. I was caught in the storm last eve, and now ask for hospitality of your Tower.” He said in the common tongue.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 404 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 6 HP:20/20
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 01:07
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
Korkas took a boxing stance, seeming to focus on defense "Well let's see what ye got."


OOC: Punching/Wrestling rules from PHB or Combat and Tactics. I'm going full defensive atm.
Ali Ansari
 player, 116 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 12/12 SP 13/13
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 02:08
Re: ○ Hommlet Village Streets
In reply to Korkas Stonedelver (msg # 104):

Ali walks out of the inn, see Korkas - Korkas, It is a skip to the right then a hope to the left then shuffle your feet back and forth  chuckles and head to the Hommlet Defense buildings carrying the plate of food and cup of water.