○ Rannos Davi's Trader's Shop.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 461 posts
Fri 31 May 2019
at 21:54
○ Trader's Barn
Rannos nods. "Ah, Yes I remember. I have them right over here." he says. Rannos moves over to the side and gathers up a bundle of clothing and brings it back over to the Dwarf. "Here ya go." he says.
Althiof Morad
 player, 176 posts
 Professional Locksmith &
 Security Consultant
Fri 31 May 2019
at 22:03
○ Trader's Barn
"How much for the two sets of clothing?"

"Do you know if you have any small bells?  I'm not looking for little ones like chimes.  Maybe around a couple inches tall or so..."

"Also do you sell any wax, like candles?"

"I should probably stock up on some torches, oh, say about a dozen if you have that many."

Dungeon Master
 GM, 469 posts
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 19:17
○ Trader's Barn
Rannos laughs. "I should have all that around here, let me see." he goes off in search of what the Dwarf needs. "Another set of clothing, yeah, small bells, hmmmmm. We have a few of these." he holds up a few cow bells that make a loud tink tonk sound when the metal inside hits the edge. "Wax, we have plenty of wax, and candles, oh and torches. Torches are some of our best sellers. Plenty of people like exploring the old ruins on the edge of the forest." he says. "Here is a bundle of ten of them." he brings all the gear back to the worktable and sets it down. "So, you need anything else?" he asks.
Althiof Morad
 player, 180 posts
 Professional Locksmith &
 Security Consultant
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 19:22
○ Trader's Barn
"That should do it for now.  What's the total for everything?"

"Out of curiosity, what old ruins on the edge of the forest?"

Dungeon Master
 GM, 471 posts
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 19:45
○ Trader's Barn
Rannos motions his head towards the east. "There is an old Moathouse off towards the East, abandoned and in ruins, we get a few adventures traveling through that purchase things go go exploring through it, never been there myself." he says as he gets everything together. "Its gonna be 8 gold, 16 silver, and 20 copper." he says.


2 gp (x2 Black Breeches)
2 gp (x2 Black Gloves)
16 sp (x2 Black Shirt)
2 gp (x2 Black Hose)
10 cp (x10 Candles)
10 cp (x10 Torches)
2 gp (x3 Cow Bells)

Althiof Morad
 player, 181 posts
 Professional Locksmith &
 Security Consultant
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 19:55
○ Trader's Barn
OOC: If it's okay with you, I'd like one black set of clothes (funeral), and one medium brown set.

Althi÷f paid the bill and took the items, thanked Rannos, and then made his way to the blacksmith's (8).

"Sorry for rushing, Rannos, but I'm in a hurry today.  I'll stop back soon."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 472 posts
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 22:25
○ Trader's Barn
Rannos takes the coin and gives the Dwarf a nod. "No worries, everyone lately has been in a rush to get things ready for this funeral. Hope all goes well for ya." he says.


===============END OF SCENE=================
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 76 posts
 HP:20/20 SP:8/8
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 04:39
○ Trader's Barn
Storm enters the trading shop and greets the boss.

"Hi I'm here to attend a funeral and have done some wandering. I am here to get some supplies in case I go explore a forest or cave. What items do you recommend I buy to help in my exploration?"'Storm asks
Dungeon Master
 GM, 516 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 04:47
○ Trader's Barn
Rannos smiles as the newcomer arrives. "Well, we have a large assortment of spelunking, and wilderness survival gear. What are you looking for exactly, Are you playing on using rope and grapple to climb down the sheer cliffs of an underground cavern, Or scale larger than life oaks in the deep recesses of the Elven Forest." he says with a rather joking tone. "Just look around, if you see anything you want, let me know." he says.

All the items listed in the Players Handbook are here in the Trader's Barn. They are also at 90% cost.
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 77 posts
 HP:20/20 SP:8/8
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 05:06
○ Trader's Barn
"Ah thank you I guess I have all I need for the moment: by the way I saw a notice on the wall about a Shepard needing help. Can you direct me to his place? I am hoping to see if I can help him," Storm politely says
Dungeon Master
 GM, 518 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 05:17
○ Trader's Barn
Rannos nods. "Small house across from the church, north road out of town. You shouldn't miss it, Jay has been complaining about his sheep for weeks." he says.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 520 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 05:25
○ Trader's Barn
The Church bells start to ring out across town. You are able to hear them. This Signifies that evening services are about to start.
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 78 posts
 HP:20/20 SP:8/8
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 05:50
○ Trader's Barn
Storm thanks the trader and leaves to find Jay. As a non believer he does not attend church
Dungeon Master
 GM, 523 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 16:20
○ Trader's Barn
============END OF SCENE===============
Virius Tesh
 player, 134 posts
 Suloise Envoy from the
 Wizardholme of Urnst
Wed 5 Jun 2019
at 23:38
○ Trader's Barn
Virius made his way through the light rains toward the trader's barn.  His historian's robes hadn't proved adequate to the task of routing goblins from their warrens, and now that he was to stay in town for a bit ... he had decided to dress the part of an adventurer.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:41, Thu 06 June 2019.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 625 posts
Thu 6 Jun 2019
at 01:05
○ Trader's Barn

This large wooden building has many windows, which are all shuttered. Outside the door, as shield and lantern are suspended from chains, the shield is painted to show a sword and a cheese wheel. You can see the lights on through the crack under the door. Once inside you are greeted by Rannos, the owner of the Trader's Barn. "Greetings Traveler, you in search of some goods?" he asks.

Virius Tesh
 player, 140 posts
 Suloise Envoy from the
 Wizardholme of Urnst
Thu 6 Jun 2019
at 08:13
○ Trader's Barn
A nod of the head from Virius, carefully calculated to be polite ... but not too genial.

"Yes,"  He said, returning the greeting and introducing himself.  "I've only just arrived from the Duchy of Urnst and have decided to stay on for a bit in this fair village."

He holds out his torn robes, freshly laundered and carefully folded.

"I was able to study history in this garb ... but it proved unsuitable for work in the field.  I would see some of your finest adventuring gear.  If it is at all possible, I would see these mended as well."

Dungeon Master
 GM, 632 posts
Thu 6 Jun 2019
at 15:47
○ Trader's Barn
Rannos looks over the torn robes. "I could get these fixed up nicely, as for something with a little more durability, I think I have just what you need for the heavy storms we have here in Hommlet." He goes over and collects one of the heavy cloaks, a few different colors, black, dark blue, green, and brown. "I have a few different colors, in addition to a reversible one that is black on the inside and dark blue on the outside, they are all hooded which helps with the rain, and have been slightly worked with wax to shed off the water. It shouldn't hinder your movements any." he says. He places them down on the table before you. "As for adventuring gear, what you see is what I got!" he says as he waves his hands about.

Everything listed in the Players's Handbook, chapter six. But at a listed cost of 90%.
Virius Tesh
 player, 143 posts
 Suloise Envoy from the
 Wizardholme of Urnst
Thu 6 Jun 2019
at 23:04
○ Trader's Barn
"That would be most acceptable."  He said, passing the robes over.  "I would gladly pay for this to be done promptly as well."

"Hm,"  Virius handles the wares on offer, feeling their heft, the quality of the fabric.  "I am partial to dark green."  He says, holding up the green one.  "The banner of my homeland bears such a hue."

"Would you have anything trimmed in fur?"  He inquired, setting the cloak down.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 656 posts
Thu 6 Jun 2019
at 23:08
○ Trader's Barn
"You know, I could have something commissioned for you. You wouldn't get it tonight, but then it could be made to your specifications. I'm friends with the tailor." he says. "I have some cloaks that have fur trim, but not on the green. The Tailor would have to add that for you." he says.
Virius Tesh
 player, 146 posts
 Suloise Envoy from the
 Wizardholme of Urnst
Thu 6 Jun 2019
at 23:25
○ Trader's Barn
"Splendid."  Virius said.  He turned toward one of the shuttered windows, perhaps listening to the soft patter of rainfall.

"I'll take you up on that, but I'll also take the green cloak now."

He then spends a few moments with Rannos, going over the specifics and the cost.

As he began to leave, he turned back once more.  "You wouldn't know any young men in town looking for work would you?"  He inquired.  "My friends and I are forming quite the adventuring party.  Not a swordsman or an adventurous type, mind you.  More of an errand boy.  Someone to look after the pack animals and see to the setting and breaking of camp."

"If you would be so kind as to spread the word, I can be found at the Welcome Wench."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:28, Thu 06 June 2019.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 664 posts
Fri 7 Jun 2019
at 01:15
○ Trader's Barn
Rannos grins. "You know my nephew may be looking for just that kind of work. His name is Raimol, you can normally find him hanging out at Widow Mathilde's Cottage. He helps her from time to time." he says.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 674 posts
Fri 7 Jun 2019
at 02:59
○ Trader's Barn
You finish up at the Trader's Barn and head back to the Inn, the rain getting worse, finding Raimol tomorrow would be easier.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 675 posts
Fri 7 Jun 2019
at 02:59
○ Trader's Barn
============END OF SCENE================
Dungeon Master
 GM, 976 posts
Sun 7 Jul 2019
at 16:40
○ Trader's Barn


Rannos is outside cleaning up after the storm. It looks like some his wares were blown out a broken window and were all over the front part of his barn. Raimol is also outside working with him. "Raimol, go grab those shirts before the wind picks them up again." he calls.

Raimol does what he was told, and goes over and grabs a dozen or so shirts all stained from the muddy streets that had blown out from the Trader's Barn. He comes back over to Rannos. Rannos shakes his head. "Waste of product." he scoffs. "No one is gonna want to buy these now that they are soiled. Even if we got them clean again. Toss them in the rags pile." he says.