○ Burne’s Tower.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 458 posts
Fri 31 May 2019
at 21:28
○ Burne’s Tower

This large stone tower sits upon the eastern border of Hommlet proper. It is the home of the wizard Burne, the warrior Rufus, and their band of men-at-arms, sometimes called Burne’s Badgers. The tower is surrounded by freshly dug ditches and the beginnings of field stone walls; it is obviously that a castle is being built around the site of the tower, though it is still in its earliest stages.


As you approach the Tower, you can see a few laborers outside working on the pad where the keep is suppose to be built. A long series of stone steps lead up the side of the Tower to its entrance. As you start to get closer one of the laborers moves over towards you and dusts himself off. "Hail travelers. Can I help you with anything?" he asks.
Yaotl Chimalma
 player, 55 posts
 Augur
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 19:41
○ Burne’s Tower
"Ofcourse Ali, once again this fault is mine. In my home when one is taken captive, and returns to us through one means or another, we do not acknowledge them for 6 months. This thing is done to preserve their honor and to let the taken one strengthen their selves during that trial."  Yaotl speaks with an earnest pace, "But it is easy to forget that this land has an honor of its own."
She stands stiffly beside the entryway of the tower as she finishes her diatribe, loose dirty robes faintly swaying in the breeze.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 200 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:10
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 23:12
○ Burne’s Tower
Korkas eyes the laborer, sizing him up as he responds loudly "Hail, we seek to have words with your Masters Burne and Ruffus. We hear they were adventurers of note in their day and have returned with some treasure and some news that may peak their interests."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 475 posts
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 23:49
○ Burne’s Tower
"I shall go and see if they are free for an audience." says the foreman. He heads up the steps of the tower and enters through the single door. A few moments later he returns and says. "Alright, They are in the main hall of the tower, they will see you now." he says.

As you make your way up the long stone stairs that clearly lead to the second floor to the tower you notice that the Tower is also built on one of the highest hills around, and the vantage lets you look out over the town. As you enter the tower you see a half moon shaped table that dominates the middle of the circular room. Standing at one end of the table is clearly a mage, the mage having just cast a spell upon himself, a magical field of force as a blue shimmering of light appears for a brief second and then passes. Seating at the table is another man, dressed in armor with a sword at his side. Two sets of stairs lead from this area, one upwards and one down. The window slits, and a few hanging lanterns illuminate the room. Along with a four prong candle holder on the table. You can see a set of three chairs sitting off to the side, as well as another six chairs that sit around the table. Large tapestries hang on the walls. "Welcome Friends." Burne says. Rufus finishes another bite of the food that he was eating and then takes a drink, but stays quiet. Burne looks to the group. "Visitors for the funeral, I would presume, or adventurers come to explore our small town?" he asks.

Those that pass a spellcraft check will know that Burne just cast the spell armor on himself.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 201 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:10
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 23:59
○ Burne’s Tower
"Came for the funeral found some adventure" Korkas boasts with a smile "Coin to be earned. Respect to be given." Korkas walks forward towards the table grabbing a chair closest to Ruffus and Burne. The scrape of wood can be heard across the floor as he pulls the chair out and moves to take a seat.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 479 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 00:07
○ Burne’s Tower
Rufus does not seem impressed that the dwarf just sat down at the table. But Burne interjects before Rufus has a chance to say anything. "Please take a seat so we may talk, what is on your minds." he says as he moves and takes a seat himself at the table. Burne curiously looks over Yaotl with an intriguing eye. "What can we be of service?" he asks. Rufus continues to eat the food on the plate before him, obviously annoyed.
Ali Ansari
 player, 24 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 6/6 SP 4/4
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 00:44
○ Burne’s Tower
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 6):

Smiling at both of the men and with a slight bow, Good day sirs, We are here for both the funeral and adventure of sorts.  I am Ali Ansari a traveling Apothecary at your service.

 We
um, pauses as Korkas wades in and takes a seat.

Ah, we are here then pauses as he accepts the invitation to sit and sits the furthest from Rufus

We have, um err I mean they and some more adventure friends took out a Goblin lair and we acquired some treasure from the lair. pauses

I mean by them is I was captured by the Goblins and they freed me and I only helped out a little at the end but they then pauses and look to Korkas to finish
Dungeon Master
 GM, 491 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 01:19
○ Burne’s Tower
Burne smiles as he tries to listen to Ali speak and follow his words. "Calm yourself, you seem overly excited. We are just normal people like you." he says. Burne obviously thinks that you might be starstruck so to speak with being in the presence of him and Rufus. "A Goblin lair you say, very interesting. Rufus and I have been adventuring in these parts for years, at least until we both retired." he says. "What kind of treasure did you find, we may be interested." he says. Rufus continues eating and taking drinks of the ale on the table.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 202 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:10
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 01:22
○ Burne’s Tower
Korkas pulls a mug from the table and pours himself a drink as he looks to the others as they take a seat "Yeah found a nest of them buggers, wiped them out. Lead by a big ole hobgoblin. He had some fancy armour. Curious things though they were getting support from a few of the different clans around here."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 498 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 01:58
○ Burne’s Tower
And with that Rufus pushes himself up from the table and looks down at the dwarf and then to Burne. Without words the two have a conversation with their eyes, Burne stressing that violence is not the answer, and Rufus straining not to lean down and punch the dwarf in the face for being so disrespectful. Rufus leaves the table and walks upstairs. Burne looks back to the group. "My Apologies, Sometimes Rufus can be a little distracted." he says. "A Hobgoblin you say. We haven't had a Hobgoblin in these parts in years, but the clans yes, many different clans of goblins, and orcs roam the nearby hills and the forest. You mentioned Armor, of what sort, My new Captain of the Badgers may be looking for a new set of armor, his armor suffered some nasty acid damage this last week." Burne says.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 209 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:10
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 02:33
○ Burne’s Tower
Korkas watched Rufus walk away angrily, shrugging at Burne "I ain't offended easily. Now I may be able to convince my friends to part ways with it. I know a couple had their eyes on it. It's too heavy for my tastes. Back to the gobo's they had these symbols on some of the boxes" As he pulls out the 2 wooden coins "Seems they may have started working together instead of against each other as their kind usually do. Add in the wealth they had upon them. Could spell trouble for more travelers."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 506 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 03:01
○ Burne’s Tower
"Well if they decide to sell it, if its good armor, I may take it off your hands." Burne says. Then Burne moves to inspect the two wooden discs. "Fascinating. The bloody Axes and the Blood Shield. It looks like the two tribes are working together then if you found these. These wooden discs are markers given by the tribe to commanders, it would mean that your hobgoblin foe was in command of both tribes, which you are right, is very troublesome." he says. "It could mean that someone or something has returned to the Temple. Rufus and I haven't been keeping up with our inspections of the surrounding area like we should be, I blame this dreaded work on this keep." he shakes his head obviously annoyed. "We've been tasked to build this keep, but things keep preventing us from Labour Problems, to materials not arriving on time. I even think that one of my workers  are deliberately altering the orders for supplies in order to interfere with the construction of the castle, I just don't know who." he says.

Ali Ansari
 player, 25 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 6/6 SP 4/4
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 03:29
○ Burne’s Tower
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 12):

HHmm, "Well sir I cannot say about the fine armor, that is out of my jurisdiction and I leave that to the groups interested parties to sort that out."    Ali takes his hand and rubs his chin, "I fear we have disrespected your partner, please understand" chuckles, if you already know, My Dwarf friend is a Dwarf and can be shall we say, forward.  smiles at Karkos but he is a good lad." 

Ali sits back, hhmm interesting, that could be a small problem especially as the walls get built and the special walkways are set up.  Not having the correct material or time to build can become issues. Plus it is taking time away form you two securing the lands of these foul beasts. Grins, maybe we can help, though new here and to the group, I could set up shop and try to gain some confidence in your workers with some of my special tonics and maybe get someone to drop a name or three   ALi looks to his two companions, "That is I have not spoken out of line?
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 210 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:10
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 03:42
○ Burne’s Tower
Korkas almost burst out laughing at Ali's description of him, instead he just smirked "Well if these gobo's are all working together means they could be hindering your supplies as well. Perhaps one of your men are passing information along. I know a caravan coming from the south has been delayed longer than it should have by one of the folks at the Inn was telling me. What other sort's of problems were you having with the workers?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 510 posts
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 04:28
○ Burne’s Tower
"It is possible, did you find any building supplies with the Goblins?" he says. Looking to Ali. "That would be a way to find out. One or more of you masquerading as hired laborers and seeing if you could find out if any of them are conspiring against this project." he says. "If you are at all interested that is." he adds.

Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 211 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:10
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 04:39
○ Burne’s Tower
"I'm used to hard labor. Might be able to make that work. What ya want us to do with em if we find the culprit?" Korkas asks as he eyes the plate of food Rufus left and didn't finish before he looks back towards Burne "Oh another thing, being that you're a man of means. If we find anything that might suit your fancy should we bring it by you first? Perhaps you'd want to purchase it from us? Or arrange a buyer given your legendary history." Korkas added that last part in though he wasn't sure it was really true, he never knew the man outside of what the folks said here in Hommlet but he was legendary here.