○ Hommlet Defenses.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 895 posts
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 01:51
○ Hommlet Defenses
"Cooked!." he says. "What do you think I am a savage!" he adds.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 896 posts
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 01:53
○ Hommlet Defenses
Comes back down into the dungeon area. "I haven't been able to find anyone that can speak Goblin." he says. "Good news though, the rains let up, and the storm looks like its moving out." he adds.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 362 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:9/15
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 03:01
○ Hommlet Defenses
Korkas laughs at the goblin "Only thing I've ever been taught about ye kind is how to kill ye efficiently. Glad to know we have something in common. Gonna get ya some more food."
Korkas looks up the approaching guard and nods his head "He speaks the common tongue. I'm going to go over to the tavern see if they got some left over stew or something for him. Make sure he comes to no harm. He's been helpful."

Korkas turns and walks up the stairs.

OOC: Exit to the Tavern/Inn
Ali Ansari
 player, 94 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 6/6 SP 4/4
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 04:03
○ Hommlet Defenses
In reply to Korkas Stonedelver (msg # 36):

Ali sighs, watching Korkas leave then puts his chemicals away.  Looks to the Goblin Goblin, your name if your kind have a simple nae you call each other.

OOC if no name given Ali shrugs, suite yourself, Knowing a name helps you stay alive.
OOC if name given, Nice to meet you, Knowing your name will make things easier for you.

Ali turns to the guard, Shame no one speaks Goblin but yes he does know and speak common so keep your wits about you. 

Looking at the guard
OOC if no name given If the Gob starts trouble send word to the inn if either of us are not back soon.
OOC HE calls himself XYZ, be easy on him he has been helpful but if he causes any trouble just send word to the inn.  One of us will be back soon.

Ali goes up the steps and leaves going back to the Inn.

He comments on the way out.  Nice to see the storm is over, what a dusey I hope everyone is OK.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 901 posts
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 04:37
○ Hommlet Defenses
The Goblin laughs. "I'm Xavi, well that's what it sounds like in your tongue." he says.
Ali Ansari
 player, 101 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 6/6 SP 4/4
Mon 24 Jun 2019
at 19:15
○ Hommlet Defenses
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 38):


OOC - hope not forwarding the story to quickly.

Ali along with Korkas (and any others) enter the Defenses perimeter and walk to the main building housing the Goblin, Ali is carrying a bowl of stew and a glass of water carefully.   He walks up to the gaurd(s).

Any trouble good sir(s) with our Goblin?  Has he talked anymore?   I've brought some food an water to help keep his tongue flapping with information we need.

OOC- depending on anything the men at the building have to say depends on if Ali goes straight to the Goblin or asks more questions

OOC if all good Ali, looks to make sure it is alright to go to the cell area, I see all is quiet If so he will go down and Sighs, Here Xavi, I have brought you some stew and water to wash it down, you have been most cooperative so I will not burn your flesh off but help you stay alive  pauses today.  Sets the bowl and water carefully down and slides them into the cell.

Taking a seat, so Xavi, can you tell me more about this Goldenhair hummie and his followers.  like how many followers does he have at this moathouse?  You can use your fingers to help.

OOC - If problems Ali will ask - So, what issues do we have with the Goblin good sir(s)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 922 posts
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 00:49
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
Ali Ansari:
Ali enters the Defenses perimeter and walk to the main building housing the Goblin, Ali is carrying a bowl of stew and a glass of water carefully. He walks up to the gaurd(s) Any trouble with the Goblin?  Has he talked anymore?   I've brought some food an water to help keep his tongue flapping with information we need.


There was no guard, but one of the Badgers upstairs follows you down into the Dungeon. "Naw, the goblins been quiet. He finished up eating those rations the dwarf gave him, and then sat in the corner." he says. The goblin looks up with Ali and the Badger walk to the front of the cell. Xavi jumps to his feet. "I smell it, I smell meat!" he says aloud. "Gimme Gimme!" he reaches out through the bars towards Ali and the bowl of stew.
Ali Ansari
 player, 103 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 6/6 SP 4/4
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 01:19
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 40):

Turning to the Badger, thanks glad he has not been any trouble so far.

Ali pauses a moment then sets the bowl down and carefully sides it too the grasping Goblin hands, easy Xavi, you must restrain yourself.  Ali backs up quickly as he gets the bowl into the reach of the Goblin.

Now, we promised you food, cooked meat to be exact and this is as close to it as I can get as long as you answer questins
.

ALi waits for Xavi to finish then asks  So tell me more about this Goldenhair hummie and his followers.  like how many followers does he have at this moathouse?  You can use your fingers to help.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 372 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:9/15
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 18:08
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
Korkas follow's down into the prison area and watches Ali discuss with the goblin "Got ye some nice warm stew, at least it was warm before the walk over here. Ye can tell us how many we should be expecting in the moathouse now."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 925 posts
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 02:26
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
"Xavi doesn't know much about Goldenhair or how many he has at the moathouse, he has been recruiting for about a month now. He used to visit the cave and talk to Gort, the Hobgoblin that was in charge of us. I don't speak the language they were using to talk, so I don't know what was said. Once Goldenhair showed up at the cave with a group of six Gnolls, boy did they stink, it took us a few days to get the cave smelling back to normal after they left." he says. "Now gimme the stew!" he says as he takes the stew through the gate, and starts slarping it up and chewing the meat. Still kinda mumbling through bites. "Goldenhair is one of those Priestly types though, kept talking about an Elemental Eye, and was wearing really weird purple robes." he adds.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 373 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:9/15
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 16:39
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
"That's all you have seen so far? The 6 gnolls along with the Priest with goldenhair. How many other clan's has he got united under his banner? And how is he uniting you?" Korkas asks as he watches the goblin slurp through the stew, his foot begins tapping after awhile as he waits for an answer.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 931 posts
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 16:59
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
Xavi says. "Mostly with Intimidation, he sends a squad into our tribes and forces us to join them, those that refuse are killed, and well goblins don't like getting killed it puts a hamper on things." he says. "I've seen a few other tribes come and go, our cave was a resting spot for them. My tribe was the Broken Axe Tribe. We've had those of The Bloody Shield tribe. I've seen Crooked Moon, Moonclaw tribe, Skull Crag, and Scabby eye tribes, but just a sparse number, not like armies or anything." he adds.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 374 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:9/15
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 17:45
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
"You mean a squad of gnolls? Or something else?" Korkas asks as he looks around for some drinking container so as to get him some water.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 932 posts
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 17:55
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
Xavi shakes his head. "You guys are giving me too much credit, I'm not a tactian, plus I don't sit there and count out many others he had with him. There was once that he brought two Ogres and an Ogre mage into the cave. That was something. The Ogre mage did a lot of magical tricks for us, turned things different colors and made the food taste better." he says.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 375 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:9/15
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 20:35
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
Korkas nods at the goblin "You have been most helpful. Any other food you'd like or a drink?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 933 posts
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 21:08
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
Xavi shakes his head. "I'd rather be set free ya know. Not stuck behind these bars." he says. "You prolly think I'll run off and tell Goldenhair, but ya know, if he found out that I told you any of this, I'd end up on the end of a spear." he says. "You could lemme go, I'll head south, never look back." he says.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 376 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 7 HP:9/15
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 21:28
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
"Not my choice. Though after things clear up a bit, that may be an option. Can't risk you telling Goldenhair about us. Ye might just try to save your own skin." Korkas remarks as he prepares to head out.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 937 posts
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 22:41
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
Xavi scoffs. "I saved my own skin by telling you everything you wanna know. If I ran off to Goldenhair now he'd know I told ya, and I'd be strung up, or worse, the Ogres might eat me!, Not good, not good at all." he says. "All ya gotta do is look the other way, open the gate here, and you'll never see me again. Never, I promise!" he says.
Ali Ansari
 player, 105 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 6/6 SP 4/4
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 01:24
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 51):

Shaking his head, Sorry Xavi, first if somehow you got out, the townsfolk and or others would skin you alive and there are enough powerful peep here to do that.  No you would not be able to just sneak away.  Plus we do not know if goldenhair has spies within our midst and you being here keeps them from finding you.  sighs, We saved you from the spiders and now are keeping you from dying foolishly.  You have done great helping us out and when the time comes where your safety is not in danger, we will discuses your future.  For now know you will not have to work or fight someone else to get a roof over your head, food and rest.  Just Just tell us what we ask when we ask it  and all will be well.

Getting up, Please hand me back the bowl and cup, so I can refill it with your breakfast in the morning.  Now before I go, is there anything else I should know about this goldenhair and or his operations?

pauses in hopes Xvi volunteers more intel.

OOC if the badger is still in the room (or finds a guard or someone who may be in charge,
Ali turns him, If there is any trouble with Xavi or anyone else about Xavi, please come get one of us, we are staying at the inn.

Ali will head back to the Inn once all conversations are done.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 941 posts
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 03:43
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
At this point Gallen had come back down and was listening. "Of course, will do." he tells Ali.

"Fine, but I'm getting me some beauty sleep!, I don't have anything else to say." he says as he slides the empty bowl and cup back through the bars.
Ali Ansari
 player, 107 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 6/6 SP 4/4
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 16:10
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 53):

Great Gallen, you have a nice quiet night I'll be by in the morning to give Xavir some breakfast and make arrangements for his care.  Turns to Xavir Good night to you too.  I'll see you in the morning.

Ali leaves fr the inn
Dungeon Master
 GM, 946 posts
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 16:52
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
==============END OF SCENE==============
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1003 posts
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 19:53
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses


As Ali goes to check on the Goblin. He finds one of Burne's Badgers a sleep in the dungeon. The Goblin is sleeping as well, curled up in a small ball in the corner of the cell, a few scraps of hay around him to keep him warm. The Badger is leaned back with his leg kicked up on a nearby table, snoring.
Ali Ansari
 player, 120 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 12/12 SP 13/13
Sat 13 Jul 2019
at 14:32
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 56):

OOC - Sorry  so long but I may ot have time to reply to short posts so wanted to move the thread along to catch up with the time line

Ali stops and takes in the scene.  Sighs, thinking dang I should have thought about that, bedding and a pot, shakes his head, I'll have to do better next time.

While standing in the doorway, Ali clears his throat Ahhmm,  Ahhmm then softly knocks - trying not to make too loud and crisp of a noise to startle anyone more like softly wake them up.


(Assume the badger wakes up) - Good morning sir, Ali, here, I am one of the people that brought in Xavi.  I have brought him some breakfast.  Showing him the food and drink, I thank you for taking care of him indicating with a nod of his head to the straw.  I'll make sure to get him some more bedding and a pot to relieve himself in.

Ali, slides the breakfast and drink into the cell, Xavi, Xavi, I have brought you breakfast.  Ali stands up and moves away a bit looking into the cell. Ah, I see I do not have good bedside manors, I'll get you some more hey to sleep on and a pot to relieve yourself with.  Do you need fresh water to clean up with too?

Ali asks the badger, Is there a pot Xavi could use to relieve himself in and one I can put water in for him to wash up some? 

Ali will get the pot(s) and set them down.  He will make sure the door to the room is closed, turn to the Badger, please help me put the pot(s) in, no need for Xavi to try anything - looks to Xavi  Xavi move to the back of the cell and I will put the pot(s) in for you. Then after breakfast I'll get more bedding for you.

Once done:

 I have a few question like how many of the Goblins would be more inclined not to help goldenhair if pressed in a fight they may loose,

And did you go into the moathouse and if so, what defenses are there like traps or big crossbows and such.

Plus Where did goldenhair normally stay while in the moathouse.

Lastly do you have any friends who may be willing to join you in leaving the fight to
someone else?  Or know where we cold find them to ask them to leave the area and not come back.?


Sighs, Not sure when we can let you go home, there is trouble brewing about and your safer here then out there. shrugs, Hey at least you do not have to fight for food and can relax and enjoy a few good nigts sleeping without anyone trying to do something to you.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1004 posts
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 13:21
Re:  ○ Hommlet Defenses
Your Conversation

Xavi doesn't have much else to say about Goldenhair, he vaguely remembers the moathouse having some lower levels, but the Goblins were never allowed to go down into them. Most of the time they had to wait in the upper chambers. Goldenhair didn't allow the Gnolls down in the dungeons either, the Goblin says. When asked if he has any friends the Goblin looks at him like he's an idiot. "No friends, Don't have time for that, distraction, plus bugbears will use them against you. Can't make friends with anyone, or they die. Bad stuff." The goblin explains, to the best of what you understand, the Bugbears if they see a goblin getting chummy with another they put a stop to it, its a rather strict rule to quell goblin uprisings. Goblins are just out for themselves. When asked about the defenses, Xavi curses and says. "Moathouse has really big frogs, last time we visited one of the giant frogs used its tongue and swallowed one of us up." he says. "Watch out for them!". Xavi is thankful for the food and the guard does as instructed and goes and finds some more hay, and a bedroll for the goblin.

You head back to the Inn, and wait while the two dwarves get some sleep. You wall wake and head out.

Proceed to link to a message in this game