● Caravan Along the South Road.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Kossoth Zan
 player, 182 posts
 Whirling Dervish
 HP 20 / 20
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 16:21
● Caravan South
"Keep your eyes and ears open.  I'm going to tend to the bodies and put them in the wagon so they can be covered and protected from the Carrion birds and we can deal with them when this is all done..." remarked Kossoth as he looked around carefully to make sure there were no Ogres waiting in ambush.  He then went about the grizly duty of closing eyelids and intoning a few quiet verses to Lydia to guide them on their journey before carefully lifting them into the wagon and covering them up best as possible so Carrion wouldn't find it so easy to disturb them further.
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 287 posts
 HP:30/30 SP:35/35
 AC:-1 THACO:19
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 01:46
● Caravan South
"Lets folow the trail guys," Storm says. He is upset seeing the sorry state of the dead. He remembers to return after hunting down their killers to give them proper burials.
Doran Kron
 player, 17 posts
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 04:10
● Caravan South
Doran helped with the bodies. It was a somber and grisly duty, the fresh dead weight of the fallen men only just beginning to stiffen under the sun. He tried to be gentle as he laid them down, then wiped his hands on some nearby grass when he was done.

"Going after them then?" Doran asked as he snatched up his bardiche from where it lay against a tree. The question had a tone of approval to it. The man seemed eager to fight back for once.
Kossoth Zan
 player, 183 posts
 Whirling Dervish
 HP 20 / 20
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 04:25
● Caravan South
Kossoth nodded as he collected up his double ended spear and let his eyes scan the trees, "Aye we most certainly are.  Friend Althiof?  You've got the Cloak that'll let you sneak up on them without any trouble.  Care to lead here so we can ambush the ambushers laying ahead somewhere?"
Ali Ansari
 player, 122 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 12/12 SP 13/13
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 19:58
● Caravan South
In reply to Kossoth Zan (msg # 12):

Looking at the dead,  bad way to go, they did get one of the Ogres at a high price.

Yup, lets go follow these Ogres, send our quiet ones first to scout while the rest of us follow in support.

Err sir knight, you best bring up the middle with the more noisy ones, that horse will wake the dead and ruin our sneaks,  when time is right they will let you know when to charge into battle
waves his hands in excitement as he says that.  first we need t find the enemy so you can fight em  and smiles.
Sir Standrenn
 player, 23 posts
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 20:05
● Caravan South

 The Knight looked at Ali a moment, then slowly shook his head." I am afraid I cannot do as you suggest. I shall follow the scout, and if we encounter the enemy, I am the diversion. While they are looking at me and this horse,and they shall, those of you afoot can engage them on the flank, while I engage from the front."
Ali Ansari
 player, 123 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 12/12 SP 13/13
Sat 20 Jul 2019
at 11:21
● Caravan South
In reply to Sir Standrenn (msg # 14):

Ali shakes his head and sighs,  Well then at least give the scouting guys a bit of time to recon the enemy and report back the findings so you can strategically charge into battle when and where you will be the most effective as the frontal assault distraction.  We would not want you to charge into a feint or bluff where the main force easily skirt your effort and easily gets to our softer group members thus totally avoiding your strength and power.

Ali then indicates to go on he will follow.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 418 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 6 HP:20/20
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 00:19
● Caravan South
"Don't ye be foolish. Ye can allow your scouts to do their job before ye go charging in like a blasted fool. If ye can't do that I'll out down ye horse myself so ye don't give me away." Korkas mutters as he jumps off the wagon to see if they can follow the trail towards the Ogres. He turned to look at Althiof.
Sir Standrenn
 player, 24 posts
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 00:49
● Caravan South

 The Knight looked to the road, then back to his companions." I do not recall saying I would not have scouts to the front. such is sound tactics. But once the enemy is located, I am the best diversion to fix the enemies attention, while you lot flanks them."
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 288 posts
 HP:30/30 SP:35/35
 AC:-1 THACO:19
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 01:11
● Caravan South
In reply to Sir Standrenn (msg # 17):

"I am impresed by your valor Sir Knight. However, you will in time realize that fighting with a team is different from fighting on your own, charging into battle. The dwarf does has some merit. Your plate and my mail will be heard a mile away. Pray take good counsel. There will be time for you to charge bu keep a distance," Storm says calmly.
Ali Ansari
 player, 125 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 12/12 SP 13/13
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 01:31
● Caravan South
In reply to Stormrider Truesight (msg # 18):

Yea, you tin cans are smart to have scouts and we will come to enjoy your offensive capabilities as we learn each others tactics and abilities.

Ali puts back his flower bomb and pulls out a torch, lights it then pulls out an oil flask that has a small wick and holds it away from the torch. Ready to flash em one hot seat if they get close.  move up scouts and be light of foot and stealth in hearing.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1011 posts
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 18:54
● Caravan South

The Six of you follow the trail of blood deeper into the Forest. Your mounts and the wagon are unable to proceed after a little time, you secure them to a tree and continue following the blood until it brings you to a cliff face. You can see a large tree trunk that has been rolled into place to hide an obvious cave entrance. As you move to the entrance you can hear slight arguing going on right inside. The arguing is in a language none of you understand.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 423 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 6 HP:20/20
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 20:38
● Caravan South
Korkas will hold up his hand as they approach signalling the others to stop as he progresses forward himself taking care to avoid any unnecessary noise, each step slow and careful. He stops just before the great log and cocks his head to the side trying to listen.
Kossoth Zan
 player, 187 posts
 Whirling Dervish
 HP 20 / 20
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 20:52
● Caravan South
Kossoth looks upwards along the cliff face to see if there were any lax watchmen, or perhaps even another opening into the stone face that may lead to the same location while gripping his spear.  He didn't relish facing these Ogres but they'd already killed a caravan and the three that went looking into things afterwards and it showed on his face...and if they were part of this greater force being gathered removing them meant a weaker foe.
Ali Ansari
 player, 126 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 12/12 SP 13/13
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 23:59
● Caravan South
In reply to Kossoth Zan (msg # 22):

Ali whispers, I can cast grease on the entrance and call them out, they will slip and slide on it and can give us an advantage, plus I have spider climb for someone to climb up on the cliff face and attack from there, like behind them once they come out, looking at the sneaky types.
Doran Kron
 player, 19 posts
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 00:02
● Caravan South
Doran froze. He was easily one of the most noisy among them and so he waited, trying not to even breath too loudly while the more experienced ones mad plans. He had never even seen magic, apart from a few parlor tricks that may or may have not actually involved arcane forces, so he followed their lead.
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 289 posts
 HP:30/30 SP:35/35
 AC:-1 THACO:19
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 00:37
● Caravan South
"Sounds good Ali," Storm says. "And we can sand at the side to ambush them with rangedweapons or melee weapons when they come out. A few brave souls can do the charging from the front if they want."

With that, he unsheathes his longsword, kisses it and readies to fight.
Ali Ansari
 player, 128 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 12/12 SP 13/13
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 01:55
● Caravan South
In reply to Stormrider Truesight (msg # 25):

Ali whispers, best to spread out a bit, arrows ready but swords and melee such so when I cast Grease right at the entrance and yell for them to come get me, they will come out one at a time and slip slide hopefully down, then you guys can pounce on them when they are down and not swinging at us.

If Ali gets the node he will cast Grease on the entrance of the cave just inside to out side.

Then stand back and call out "Olli Olli Oxen free, Come and get me youuu hooo!!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1015 posts
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 17:06
● Caravan South

You can clearly hear the sounds of multiple grunts from different sources, so the cavern likely has a few Ogres inside it. Although none of you speak Giant, you can hear shouting coming from inside the cavern. You come to the conclusion that someone inside is barking out orders. You hear some rummaging around happening near the entrance. With the greasy entrance, the unprepared ogre makes his way towards the sounds to investigate. And succumbs to the laid trap, he slips as he peers around the tree trunk entrance, slipping onto his backside and out of the cavern. Yelling the entire time. Once outside where the group can see the Ogre, its clearly not a full grown Ogre and is around the size of the humans in the group. It slips and slides as it tries to regain its footing, but is unable too. Snarling and cursing in a language you cant understand.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 17:07, Mon 29 July 2019.

Ali Ansari
 player, 132 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 12/12 SP 13/13
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 17:47
● Caravan South
In reply to Dungeon Master (msg # 27):

Ali, giggles, "watch out for the wet spot guys"  Then pulls out a torch and lights it "I can light up the grease if another gets into it OR we can call to them to surrender or the young one gets it".

Torch lighting, then will pull out his flask of gunpowder like substance (chemical burning hands say or chemical molatolv cocktailish)
Kossoth Zan
 player, 191 posts
 Whirling Dervish
 HP 20 / 20
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 19:34
● Caravan South
"Friend Ali they are Ogres that sacked a caravan and killed the three that went to look into it." replied Kossoth as he moved to get in front of Ali and closer to the cliff wall while advancing on the downed youngling ogre.  He'd hadn't seen Kossoth truly angry but he was the offspring of merchant traders and ambushing caravans was right up the line of bad deeds that would likely make him quite sour.  Spinning spear in hand he thrust the tip forward at the downed creature...

This message was last edited by the player at 19:34, Mon 29 July 2019.

Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 427 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 6 HP:20/20
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 20:21
● Caravan South
Korkas moves to behind the cover of the stump so that if another ogre comes out he can surprise them (Move to R8) and conceal themselves.


OOC: Cloak of Elven kind plus i can roll move silently/hide in shadows.
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 291 posts
 HP:30/30 SP:35/35
 AC:-1 THACO:19
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 01:57
● Caravan South
Seeing the bungling ogre, Storm moves ahead and attacks with his blade. However, his nervousness caused his aim to go wide.

OOC:


10:17, Today: Secret Roll: Stormrider Truesight rolled 6 using 1d20+1 with rolls of 5.  attack.
10:17, Today: Secret Roll: Stormrider Truesight rolled 7 using 1d10 with rolls of 7.  initiative.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:18, Thu 01 Aug 2019.

Doran Kron
 player, 20 posts
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 00:44
● Caravan South
Doran has watched the Ogre emerge from the cave with his bardiche tight in a white knuckled grip. It was evident he had never seen one up close from the way he stared from beneath his big bushy eyebrows.

He was not the first to rush forward as the creature slipped and felt, struggling ti right itself, but he was close behind Kossoth, and as he hustled forward he brought the crescent blade back, then around all the way in an overhand arc before he grunted with the exertion of helping the weighted cleaver the last few feet, guiding the edge towards the fallen Ogres neck.
Ali Ansari
 player, 133 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 12/12 SP 13/13
Sun 4 Aug 2019
at 02:20
● Caravan South
In reply to Doran Kron (msg # 32):

Ali scans the area and moves to the side a touch to be not right in the line of sight if anything more comes out of the cave but ready to react - light and throw i mini exploding powder concoction.

Best take that Ogre down an watch for the rest to come rushing out guys