○ Inn of the Welcome Wench.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Doran Kron
 player, 10 posts
Sun 7 Jul 2019
at 03:38
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Doran watched Kossoth come down the stairs and dipped his head to him when he was addressed. The question, at least to the perceptive, seemed to cause a bit of a flush in the big man's face.

"Well...I've never seen an Ogre sir, nor a Bug Bear either what I can recall. But I've met a goblin or two sure enough, opened one up just the week a'fore last, stem to stern with this here belt knife. " He said plainly enough. "I hate em, them goblin folk." He shook his head. "Hate em" he repeated again in a grumble and looked to the floor as if trying to regain a little composure.
Althiof Morad
 player, 325 posts
 Professional Locksmith &
 Security Consultant
Sun 7 Jul 2019
at 05:11
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
"Doran, name's Althiöf."

"How long have you been in Hommlet?  What brought you here?"


It was an interesting question, and he was quite curious as to the answer.  Doran had not been seen by the party in a length of days, and wandering alone seemed quite unlikely.  If it had been for the funeral, why had he answered a posting for a job, before finding out more about the funeral?
Virius Tesh
 player, 237 posts
 Suloise Envoy from the
 Wizardholme of Urnst
Sun 7 Jul 2019
at 14:34
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Virius descended the stairs and joined the others.  He takes in the sight of the muddy dwarves, bedraggled from having spent the previous night out-of-doors.

An acknowledging nod to the pair.  "Welcome back, gentlemen."  He said.

"I trust your evening was,"  He paused here, looking for the right words and also noting the arrival of the massive warrior.  "Illuminating."

"I look forward to learning what you have discovered, but it will have to be after some business at Rannos' shop I'm afraid."
Doran Kron
 player, 11 posts
Sun 7 Jul 2019
at 16:09
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Althiof Morad:
"How long have you been in Hommlet?  What brought you here?"</Red>


"I was born'an raised but a few days sou'west of here. Been to Hommlet many a time." he answered, then decided to add a bit more. "I was a carpenter by trade, dealt mostly with the good gnome folk livin out that way, but I've traded timber as far north as Verbobonc." he trailed off and grew silent for a few moments and looked uncomfortable, then he cleared his throat and continued.

"Look...I, ah" he looked around at all the people with their attention focused on him. "I'm not askin for charity or anythin like that, but you asked and I'll tell you the truth." he lowered his voice. "My home was burned down about two months back, all my animals cut up an left to rot. My wife, my kids..." his voice broke just a bit and he licked his lips. "I 'avent seen'em since."

He took a deep steadying breath. "Was them blood shield goblins is what I 'erd, I've been lookin everywhere, tryin ta track'em down, but the trails gone cold. Word is you've dealt with goblins, an I figured you might know somethin. That you were looking for help, well, that's a hell of a chance, but I ain't gonna turn down a bit'a good fortune if the Gods see fit to grant it."

He looked around that is. "That is, if yer willin ta take me on a'course"
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 403 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 6 HP:20/20
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 18:06
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Korkas looked to Virius as he made his entrance and abrupt depature nodding then turned to Doran "Well Doran of Kron, sounds like you got a reason enough to hate them green skins. Now let's see what ye can do." Korkas walked towards the exit and looked back towards Doran. "Well come on. You can leave that pig sticker here. We won't be trying to kill each other."
Doran Kron
 player, 12 posts
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 19:16
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Doran looked a little confused, but propped up the bardiche in the corner before he follow Korkas out, blinking in the sunlight as he double checked that nobody had bothered his wagon and mules.
Althiof Morad
 player, 326 posts
 Professional Locksmith &
 Security Consultant
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 01:14
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Since everyone seemed to have left, the dwarf went upstairs to catch a few hours shuteye.
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 280 posts
 HP:30/30 SP:35/35
 AC:-1 THACO:19
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 01:28
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Seeing his friend and his new friend leaving and wondering if the hot headed dwarf is trying to start a fight, Storm goes out as well. He carries his fine elven longsword and wears his magic mail as he readies to heal in the event those crazy people hurt each other.
Ali Ansari
 player, 115 posts
 Apothecary 1st level
 HP 12/12 SP 13/13
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 02:06
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
In reply to Stormrider Truesight (msg # 544):

Ali watches the group or part of the group leave. HHMM,  Althiof yup, go catch a quick shuteye and  Oh yea, He turns to Ostler - Ostler my good man, can I have a egg, ham and beacon platter with a side of extra ham plus a water to go.

Ali will pay for the extra food and leave to feed his Gob prisoner.  Thinking I wonder if I am the only one remembering the poor Gob.
Kossoth Zan
 player, 160 posts
 Whirling Dervish
 HP 20 / 20
Wed 10 Jul 2019
at 14:28
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Kossoth finished the breakfast that had been provided and knew that when the funeral came and went that he would see to providing something extra to Ostler and his family for all the care they took of them, even if it was 'paid for' already.  With everyone having left and knowing he had a few hours to work with he tilted his head to Ostler complemented his wife again, "A wonderful breakfast again my friend."  He needed to visit a few townspeaople to see if he could get a few things moving as he knew it was going to take some time.  With a nod he picked up his spear and headed out the door to see if the woodcutter had already left for the Deklo Wood or not...

-->To Woodcutter's Cottage...
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1001 posts
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 18:22
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Ostler knew that the group was prepping to go off again, but they had given the two Dwarves some time to rest up after the events of last night. Ostler and Vesta both helped to prepare some rations for the group, making sure they had a good amount of jerky, and other dried items. For those that were waking up, the would see Oslter and Vesta hard at work stuffing rations and preparing them, along with filling wineskins and such. If asked, Ostler responds. "You might need this. While you were off fighting the spiders in Deklo Woods, Zert, Furnok & Harald ventured off along the south road looking for the Caravan. Zert insisted that they go while you were away, I tried to tell him it wasn't a good idea, so he asked if Furnok & Harald would go along with him. The two of them were leaving Hommlet today anyways. They both agreed and they left yesterday around mid-morning." he says.
Kossoth Zan
 player, 173 posts
 Whirling Dervish
 HP 20 / 20
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 18:47
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Kossoth showed Sir Standrenn where the attached stables were, since they held his currently lazy light warhorse Leara, and pointed out where he could hitch his till they left.  Walking into the inn he spotted Ostler and Vesta at work and asked what for and listened to their response.  With a small smile and nod he introduced the knight while looking around for his companions, "Thank you friends.  Sir Standrenn here is a newly appointed Knight under Lord Rufus who is going to accompany us should we run into stiff trouble there or later when we go looking at the moathouse in a proper fashion..."
Sir Standrenn
 player, 20 posts
Fri 12 Jul 2019
at 20:23
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....

  A tall and solidly build young man with a military bearing about him walked into the Inn with Kossoth. He sported banded mail, with a scarlet cloak thrown back. He wore a large sword and dagger upon his hips in scabbards. The Knight lowered the mail coil to reveal blonde hair with strong clean shaven features.

 Sir Standreen took in each of those he had been introduced too, as if to take their measure.
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 284 posts
 HP:30/30 SP:35/35
 AC:-1 THACO:19
Sat 13 Jul 2019
at 00:16
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Storm greets the newcomer and introduces himself as the party cleric.
Kossoth Zan
 player, 175 posts
 Whirling Dervish
 HP 20 / 20
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 15:42
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
"Friend Storm, I'm going to leave Sir Standrenn in your capable care for when the others muster here before heading south for the caravan.  I need to visit the blacksmith and leatherworker before we get going." he commented to Storm before looking over to Standrenn.

"We will be leaving once Althiof and Korkas wake from their nighttime reconnaissance.  If you haven't had any breakfast yet friend Ostler's wife makes some amazing meals.  If you'll excuse me my friend."
and he waited long enough for a reply before he moved to leave to handle the last of his errands.
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 414 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 6 HP:20/20
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 17:09
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Korkas rubs his bleary eyes as he stumbles down the stairs, barely awake he makes his way to the bar to order something to eat and drink. He looks about the room and notices Kossuth & Stormrider standing next a fully armoured warior. He nods his head towards them as he turns back to Ostler "Last night took more out of me than expected. I've grown soft." he says with a chuckle.
Kossoth Zan
 player, 177 posts
 Whirling Dervish
 HP 20 / 20
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 17:31
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Kossoth gestured to Korkas, "Sir Standrenn this is Korkas, Korkas this is Sir Standrenn.  He's a new knight in the employ of Lord Rufus and is being set along with us when we check on the Ogres and later the Moathouse so it looks like we'll have even more support.  Did that Doran fellow meet your estimations and is now with us friend Korkas?"
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 415 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 6 HP:20/20
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 17:35
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Korkas sized the knight up and down "Ye as stuffy as that Ruffus or can you take a jab or two? " Korkas asks of Sir Standrenn before looking back over to Kossuth "Ye the big guy can throw a punch, he be good."
Kossoth Zan
 player, 178 posts
 Whirling Dervish
 HP 20 / 20
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 17:59
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
"Good.  If we are going to face actual Ogres the more the merrier I say my friend." he smiled knowing that there would be both a knight and a bear of a man backing him up in close combat.  "I've got to finish up and talk to the blacksmith and leatherworker before we go so I'll take care of that now friend Korkas."

--> Leaving for the Blacksmith
Korkas Stonedelver
 player, 416 posts
 The "Muscle"
 AC 6 HP:20/20
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 19:23
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
"Can you drop by the traders? I need a crossbow, a case of 10 bolts, another 3 darts and throwing axe or two. I can give you the coin now or when you get back." Korkas calls out to Kossuth. He turned to look over that the Knight waiting for a response as his food comes over to him, he takes a seat and begins to eat.
Kossoth Zan
 player, 179 posts
 Whirling Dervish
 HP 20 / 20
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 19:37
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
"When I get back friend Korkas," remarked Kossoth over his shoulder and with a simple thumbs up with his free hand so Korkas knew he got the message as he was walking out the door.

--> Continuing to leave for the Blacksmith, then later the  Leatherworker and then later after that the Trader as well now...
Sir Standrenn
 player, 21 posts
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 02:54
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
  The knight nodded in greeting to those that he was introduced too." Hail, and well met." The initial impression was that Sir Standrenn was reserved, but courteous.

 Standreen seemed to glare at Korkas a moment, as if deciding on what he would say to the Dwarf. “Master….ahhhh, Korkas, please do me the courtesy not to refer to my Lord as a “Stuffed Shirt”. He is the Lord of Hommlet, and deserving of respect. “
Doran Kron
 player, 15 posts
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 03:22
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Doran, after the sparring session in the street, had settled in to a sort of tenuous comfort. He was obviously the "new guy", but being more or less a local he looked the part, and fit in with many of the other patrons that had come and gone.

He had been hunched over a rasher of bacon with his bardiche resting in the corner behind him when Sir Standrenn introduced himself, and he had to quickly wipe off his big greasy hands on a napkin before he stood, then paused there as the uncomfortable matter of address was brought to the fore.
Stormrider Truesight
 player, 285 posts
 HP:30/30 SP:35/35
 AC:-1 THACO:19
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 07:29
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Storm looks at the newcomer and is awed by his big stick. He asks if the man (Doran) has practised with it for long.

He then shows his very high quality longsword.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 1005 posts
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 13:21
Re: The Funeral of a Friend....
Moving things Forward

Kossoth is able to run and do the errands (Toss me a PM with the other things you wanted to do, we can summarize them) The Dwarves get some much needed rest before everyone meets back up at the Inn's common room. Its been a few hours since daybreak, Oslter and Vesta had made some trail rations for the group and had them ready on the table in the common room, along with some filled wineskins. The group then departed the Inn.

Proceed to link to a message in this game