(IC) Dragon Lands-Temple.   Posted by Rokugan.Group: 0
Koko Tachibana
 Lion Samurai, 5 posts
 Samurai
Wed 27 May 2020
at 16:51
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Putting down her flute, she gave a warm smile in recognition of Zokiro.  "It is a pleasure to see you.  I am doing better than most...these are hard times." She was not of this region, so she greeted the Dragon clan member with utmost courtesy.  "I hope I was not disturbing with the music.  It helps me concentrate for my training.  I had planned to ask the monks for a place to stay for the night.  I hope they are welcoming." 
Zokiro Mirumoto
 Dragon Shugenja, 111 posts
 Dragon Clan
 Tamori School
Mon 1 Jun 2020
at 04:34
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
"Certainly not, Lady.  Music is always welcome.  We have had a most enlightening time, one that required a great deal of learning and compromise, and now have direction to a Fate we must attend in the forests to the south.  Once we give the fruits of our labor to the Master, we will be moving on soon.  The monks have been very helpful," Zokiro says.  She does look somewhat dusty, and it's clear she and Setsuko have been traveling with little pause for rest.
Koko Tachibana
 Lion Samurai, 6 posts
 Samurai
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 17:09
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
She nodded, and her brows curled at the signs of a recent adventure.  "If "we" includes your sister Setsuko, I would welcome to see her as well.  I have been in this region following a mission very dear to me but have come to a dead end.  However, fate has brought me to this region, and I am set on seeing it through.  Perhaps, I can join you if you need some company and a capable sword."
Qing Shan
 NPC, 25 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 21:27
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
The ranger comes around the corner and is confronted by three woman. He stands his ground, shaking his head for some reason and bows his head towards the woman he doesn't know "We need to go to your masters area."
Zokiro Mirumoto
 Dragon Shugenja, 112 posts
 Dragon Clan
 Tamori School
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 16:06
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
"Thank you, Qing. Let us go and give the masters the news, my sister, Lady," Zokiro says, giving Qing a bow before turning to head towards the masters' area.
Setsuko Osagai
 Dragon Monk, 129 posts
Mon 8 Jun 2020
at 02:19
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Setsuko steps forward and bows respectfully to both the samurai and the ranger. Turning to the lady warrior she smiles and greets her in a warm, friendly voice,  "It is always good to see you Lady. Your company is always welcome."

With an apologetic expression she introduces the unfamiliar man standing alongside, "Forgive us Lady for not properly introducing our other guest. Lady Koko Tachibana, this man here is Qing Shan, a guide who has aided us in a journey on behalf of our Master." after a pause she continues speaking while the ushering Koko along with the three of them, "We now go to speak with the Master and know he would be pleased to see you as well."

Briefly pausing to speak with another monk outside the Master's chambers, Setsuko passes word that Lady Tachibana will be staying the night here.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 06:43, Wed 10 June.

Koko Tachibana
 Lion Samurai, 7 posts
 Samurai
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 03:22
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Koko followed along but her eyes did glint with curiosity at the mention of "the news".  She paid her proper bows to the ones she did not know.  "Well met, Qing Shan.  I am a swordswoman from the Lion's lands." 

As she entered the temple, she waits for the master and to hear what troubles are afoot..
Rokugan
 GM, 279 posts
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 12:02
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
When the three arrive at the masters area, he is sitting crosslegged on the floor. The area above him is more of a sunroof and his eyes are closed. Two monks stand there and one turns towards them "Did you get the flower as requested?"
Setsuko Osagai
 Dragon Monk, 130 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 11:28
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
In reply to Rokugan (msg # 274):

Setsuko steps forward into a kneeling position before the seated master. Not turning her eyes away from the Master, she replies with excitement and respect. "Yes brother, we have brought back the flower that our Master needs to save his child. While I cannot speak for Qing Shan, I can say on behalf of myself and Zakiro that it was an honor to be chosen for such an important mission and our pleasure to have completed it." She paused, turning first to Zokiro and then to Qing Shan, silently offering to let each of them tell more of their adventure to the Master.
Zokiro Mirumoto
 Dragon Shugenja, 114 posts
 Dragon Clan
 Tamori School
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 14:47
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
"Qing was invaluable to us as a guide and guardian along the path.  Setsuko showed great bravery and skill during our trials.  The great dragon who claimed the flower battled ferociously, but a kami of Fate intervened.  We were able to obtain the flower, and the kami told us we were fated to be at the forests of the south for a great purpose.  When the kami had departed, we hastened back to bring the flower and tell of our experiences," Zokiro says with a bow at the monks and the master.
Koko Tachibana
 Lion Samurai, 8 posts
 Samurai
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 16:16
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Koko bowed to the master, not minding that his eyes were closed.  "Master monk, I am Koko, a swordwoman from the Lion lands.  Thank you for your hospitality for letting me seek shelter here.  I have pledged my sword to aid Setsuko and Zokiro."
Rokugan
 GM, 281 posts
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 00:21
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
One of the guards takes the flower and leaves the room. He then returns after a few moments, with two more and the young girl lying between them on a cot. They put her down, and put some of the flower into her mouth and breaks off some of it putting it on her legs and arms. The head monk doesn't look up as Fate was mention "You are needed here. Not to the South. Perhaps it was something you dreamed of? Least for now. We can discuss it tommorow." A healer of some sort enters, with a small pitcher as the monk raises one hand, revealing his arm. She grabs a small knife and draws some blood, dripping it into a glass and she wipes the blood from his arm, then bandages it. With a quick stir, she slowly opens the young womans mouth and starts to pour it. Once done she backs away and leaves the room as well as all the guards. Nothing happens.
Zokiro Mirumoto
 Dragon Shugenja, 115 posts
 Dragon Clan
 Tamori School
Wed 24 Jun 2020
at 04:50
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
"I would be pleased to discuss it at length when you desire, master.  But now, may I offer what healing magics I possess to aid your daughter's care?" Zokiro says, bowing in respect to the master and the healer.
Setsuko Osagai
 Dragon Monk, 131 posts
Wed 24 Jun 2020
at 21:40
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Setsuko carefully moves closer to the Master, looking him over for reassuring signs of life and awareness.

OOC:

 Setsuko Osagai rolled 17 using 1d20+10.  Spot Check.
 Setsuko Osagai rolled 28 using 1d20+9.  Listen check
.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:44, Wed 24 June.

Rokugan
 GM, 282 posts
Thu 25 Jun 2020
at 14:34
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
The master sighs and stands up. He gently kisses his daughters forhead and moves from her. Not a word is spoken. He raises his hand up and lets it fall and seems defeated then leaves the room.

The ranger stands there, arms crossed. No emotion seems to appear. He goes to follow the man but stops, perhaps giving him some time alone. He glances at the two woman, the last in the room.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:35, Thu 25 June.

Setsuko Osagai
 Dragon Monk, 132 posts
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 18:52
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Setsuko stands and looks to her clan sister, "Zokiro, perhaps we can still do something. Let us at least try to see if we can save her."

Gently taking Zokiro's hand, she quickly moves the both over to the young girl's side.

OOC:

Setsuko Osagai rolled 19 using 1d20+5.  Healing check.

Koko Tachibana
 Lion Samurai, 9 posts
 Samurai
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 21:05
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Koko stood by confused at the situation.  There was something important going on here, but she just wasn't sure what it is.
Zokiro Mirumoto
 Dragon Shugenja, 116 posts
 Dragon Clan
 Tamori School
Thu 2 Jul 2020
at 06:50
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Zokiro's own magics were not as well suited to healing, but what she could do was bolster the young woman's strength.  "I will do all I can to aid her," she says, crossing to the girl's bedside with Setsuko.  She whispers entreaties to the spirits of the earth, hoping that the strength of the earth might aid this desperate plea.

OOC: Casting resistance and virtue (which may not do much, but by gum she's willing to try anything at this point).

This message was last edited by the player at 06:53, Tue 07 July.

Rokugan
 GM, 289 posts
Sun 5 Jul 2020
at 20:22
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
The body is cold, so no matter what the two do it it remains as it is. No life. Nothing happens. The ranger crosses his arms, and turns to leave but motions for the two of them to follow.
Setsuko Osagai
 Dragon Monk, 133 posts
Sun 5 Jul 2020
at 20:33
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Setsuko bows and offers prayers of blessings and peace for the deceased young woman. Then she quickly goes to follow the exiting ranger. "Zokiro, I think we have both done all we can for now for the Master's daughter. Perhaps Qing Shan has further knowledge to share with us." she says to her clan sister.
Zokiro Mirumoto
 Dragon Shugenja, 117 posts
 Dragon Clan
 Tamori School
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 06:54
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Zokiro nods and rises, leaving with Setsuko to seek Qing.  Her heart is saddened by the girl's condition, that what had been done had not been enough.
Qing Shan
 NPC, 26 posts
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 09:22
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
The ranger watches for a moment. He shakes his head as the two acts like he wasn't even in the room and he tries not to let it get the better of him. Turning from them, he pulls up his hood and starts to leave. He doesn't state anything-the job is done. He glances at the samurai but keeps moving but he turns "My name is Qing. Not Qing Shan. I saw what just happened and I cannot tell either one of you what happened. You seek answers but I have none. The mission is done. I know as much as you do." He looks at Set "And you frustrated me. You act like again I am not there. Just go." He turns back from them "May we meet again."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:38, Tue 07 July.

Rokugan
 GM, 291 posts
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 10:26
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Depending on if they follow him or not, the area becomes quiet. Several monks move on the walls outside the temple. The sensai sits in his room indian style and theres no one else inside. Most within the temple are asleep. Its getting late. There are some conversations but hard to make out. Most are just idle chit-chat. One of the monks lets them know all is quiet and bows his head. The ranger watches the area, keeping away from anyone.

OOC
Let me know where in the temple you are. Qing is watching the outside area.

Areas:
Kitchen, bedroom area, sensai's room, ect.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:45, Tue 07 July.

Zokiro Mirumoto
 Dragon Shugenja, 118 posts
 Dragon Clan
 Tamori School
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 02:24
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Zokiro nods good-bye to Qing, as it seems there was little else to say to the prickly ranger after the day's long journey, and says to Setsuko, "I will go to tender my condolences and apologies to the master if he will see us, then go to the shrine and pray.  The young woman deserves peace, and whatever wisdom the spirits would grant me, I would gladly seek."

Zokiro will wait to see what Setsuko has to say, and then head for the master's room, kneeling just inside the doorway and wait to be acknowledged.  If he acknowledges her, she will say, "Master, it is to my shame that I was unable to help your daughter. I apologize for being unable to fulfill my duty.  I will go to the shrine to pray for your daughter's spirit to have peace and for wisdom."

If the master does not acknowledge her, Zokiro will bow to him and withdraw.

Either way, afterwards she will go to the shrine (or a place of meditation, preferably outdoors), and pray for peace for the young woman, and for wisdom for herself.
Setsuko Osagai
 Dragon Monk, 134 posts
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 08:45
Re:  Dragon Lands-Temple
Setsuko bows to Qing as he prepares to leave saying apologetically, "Please forgive my rudeness, despite my best training I am nearly overwhelmed by the loss of life we have all just experienced. Farewell, may the spirits bless your path and you ancestors find worthiness in your heart an soul."

She turns to Koko, "Our apologies for not being proper hosts at this time. Please go to your chambers and rest. Zokiro and I will seek audience with the Master tonight and then seek peace in meditation and prayer. If you need food or drink before you retire, there are many brothers and sister who will assist you. Thank you for your patience and if you are still awake later, we will visit with you before going to rest ourselves."

She replies to Zokiro, "I will join you, with your permission. We have much to discuss with the Master before sunrise."