(IC) Hoth.   Posted by The Force.Group: 0
The Force
 GM, 498 posts
Sat 6 Nov 2021
at 00:53
(IC) Hoth
The captain finds the newcomers. She seems surprised at this being it a very cold world so not expecting anyone else-especially here. Jirana holds some old medical supplies who need to be checked out and the soldier seems to protect Sypher who goes to them. He tilts his head, leaving the droid where it is located and waiting.

OOC
Did a quick thing, hope no one minded so everyone can talk.

Mondal R'een
 Noble, 5 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Mon 8 Nov 2021
at 17:11
(IC) Hoth
Focused on the droid to the exclusion of all else, the Ithorian was startled by the presence of other sentients. Mondal jerks his frame upright, his fight-or-flight instincts flooding him with adrenaline. However, sensing no impending hostilities, he froze and took a moment to gather himself. He may as well trust them, he reasons, since he was never going to outrun them.

After a long shaky breath, he straightened to assume a more formal, even regal, bearing and swept his eyes across the room to include everyone visible. He briefly considers introducing Rasha as well but immediately discards the notion since he is not apprised of their cultural expectations and does not want to cause offense a second time.

"I am Mondal R'een, duly appointed representative of the R'een family. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." As he speaks in Basic he brings both fists to his chest before opening his hands and sweeping them down and away from his body, executing a deep bow in the Re'en manner of utmost respect. After bowing directly to Rasha in like manner, he steps aside to allow space for his rescuer to speak if he so desires.
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 248 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Thu 11 Nov 2021
at 04:09
(IC) Hoth
Julianna stared at the newcomers, then slowly sheathed her blaster. She held out her hands. "I am Julianna, and this is my crew and passengers. What brings you here?"

The Human keeps her movements slow and careful. She had never seen an Ithorian close up, and was somewhat ignorant on their customs.
Rasha Kaddesh
 Force Adept, 6 posts
Fri 12 Nov 2021
at 02:29
(IC) Hoth

 The figure at the side of the Ithorian looks about as out of place in the modern galaxy as a badly lost Ewok... Tall, thickly furred with murder-puppy blue eyes as bright as glacial ice he's holding a spear when the 'ambush' is sprung, but makes no effort to level or throw it, in favour of tilting his head and watching, one ear flicking curiously while Mondal makes his introduction...

 ...and then adding "While I am Rasha Kaddesh, of the Tal-Che Kaddesh. What brings us here is that your entry disturbed two Tauntaun who were trusting of riders. What brought us to them was the search for the lost companion of Mondal R'een, and what brought us to that was my carrying him from the wreck of a fallen star vessel, out on the open ice.", a slightly long-form way of his getting to the point of asking, in return "And it would be within host-right Julianna, since this world is the place of my dwelling to ask what song you, your crew and your passengers follow to be here."
The Force
 GM, 503 posts
Sat 13 Nov 2021
at 16:57
(IC) Hoth
Sypher watches the two people talking to Juls "I am Sypher. That is Jiranna, our medical expert. Our entry did not have to bother with a tauntain? If I may ask what is it? You approached and confronted us with little knowledge of what you are talking about. Furthermore, we do not know you and perhaps view you as a possible threat. From what I know of Hoth, no one owns it so claiming it as your planet does not work." Primitive verse a science person. This'll be interesting. And probably go to blows but Sypher has no tact. He looks at Juls "In my opinion you have no crew or passengers Juliana. We were assigned to the ship with you as a pilot that owns it. Unless asked and have the proper creditenials under the Jedi laws...." Keep going Sypher. Your already not doing well so why not?

The droid beeps a few times and move slightly down the hallway. A few more beeps. The soldier and medical person look out from the medical bay. Sypher tilts his head and looks at the droid "Shall we continue this in the main control bay?"

OOC
think we checked the medical office and med bay (connected) but if you want to keep checking it that's good. I think Jirana has some folders but since there's no power yet lol

Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 190 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Sat 13 Nov 2021
at 17:46
(IC) Hoth
Jirana curtsied. "Lovely to meet you! I'm Jirana, Padawan of the Jedi Order, I'm here on their behalf. I'm sure we can help each other" she said warmly. "Yes, let's move along to the main control bay."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 249 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 18:20
(IC) Hoth
Julianna clenched the fist not holding the blaster. Sypher was really starting to piss her off. However, faced with the strangers, it was clearly better to not yell, insult or kill the irritating creature.

"Yes, let us go into the main bay. Go ahead. I'll bring up the rear." she stated stiffly, her voice and face betraying her anger.
Rasha Kaddesh
 Force Adept, 8 posts
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 20:26
(IC) Hoth

 "Sypher and Jiranna." Rasha replies, nodding to each before correcting himself to "Jirana." once the actual pronunciation is offered by the one to whom the name belongs, after which he looks back to the strange and seemingly abrasive one who spoke most loudly and at greatest length.

 "You did not see the Tauntaun. They scented or heard you. It is not a thing to be surprised over that you were oblivious to this, few are the star-born who listen to the song of the world about them." he corrects, not unkindly before emitting a short laugh, one seemingly scornful because he assumes an apologetic demeanour a moment later as he tries to educate the other man "No one can claim a world, Sypher star-born. It was here before we were sung and shall be here long after we are returned to silence. But it is the place where I dwell, amongst her children and so I stand as host in Her stead. It grants me no powers or rights, only obligations."

 Which of course, is all very strange and probably the result of living somewhere where the main source of edible material is cave lichen.

 Jirana though? She receives a slightly pained look before Rasha makes a small gesture of aversion before his breast and announces with exquisite politeness "There are no pups here for you to take, Jedi. Let there be peace in this place."
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 192 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Wed 17 Nov 2021
at 07:17
(IC) Hoth
Jirana briefly touches her sister's arm, trying to be supportive and soothing.

"Of course. Let there be peace" Jirana agreed with Rasha happily. "I'd like to see the tauntauns later if there's time, Mister Kaddsh. I'm sure they are interesting creatures."
Rasha Kaddesh
 Force Adept, 10 posts
Wed 17 Nov 2021
at 16:07
(IC) Hoth

 The very word 'jedi' seemed to make Rasha wary, but like many primitive people he has pretty ironclad rules about hospitality and good conduct - especially when dealing with those with whom a feud could be called - and so offers a bow of the head before wincing "Rasha Kaddesh, until such time as I am bound. And they are likely nearby, since this was where they came when lent their head. If I were to guess at such things, those who once built here tamed them and some part of the herd has laired here ever since."
The Force
 GM, 510 posts
Wed 17 Nov 2021
at 20:09
(IC) Hoth
After returning the noble to the group, the adept decides to part ways and heads back the way he game into the great beyond.

Sypher watches him go and motions for the others to follow. His attention keeps getting drawn back to the ithorian "You are a Ithorian?" When the group arrives into the control room, it looks to be in bad shape but useable. Several monitors are scattered around  and some are broken. Sypher tries to get each computuer system up and going once the power is brought up. With the help of the droid, they are able to monitor the base "We have a limited supply of power. And the readouts seem to be odd."
Mondal R'een
 Noble, 6 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Fri 19 Nov 2021
at 21:08
(IC) Hoth
Mondal offers his heartfelt goodbyes and watches Rasha, the being who had so recently saved his life, depart for the void.

After a moment of quiet reflection, he smiles at Sypher. He was not unused to being a novelty among his comrades. "Forgive me. Yes, I am an Ithorian. I am a diplomatic representative of first my family, then my people. It is an honor to meet you." His eyes pass over all those gathered. "All of you."

He watches the others anxiously, concerned at their chances for escape. However, he refuses to succumb to his training and choses not to assail his new friends with needless questions. He has learned through experience that it is better to let the experts work without interruption.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 193 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Sat 20 Nov 2021
at 05:37
(IC) Hoth
"An honor to meet you as well" Jirana says pleasantly to Mondal. "I'm being trained in diplomacy, maybe you could give me pointers sometime."

She peers curiously at the monitors in case she can see anything on them.
The Force
 GM, 515 posts
Sat 4 Dec 2021
at 02:14
(IC) Hoth
The tech specialist looks at the monitors, tapping a few buttons. His eyes dart to three screens, one of which goes black "According to my calcuations, there are three unknown nearbye. None are moving. One of which was near the medical bay." He glances as the others.
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 254 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Sun 5 Dec 2021
at 04:42
(IC) Hoth
Julianna frowns. "We should go see. Maybe someone needs help. Or hopefully, if they are dead, there is nothing there to kill us."

She looks at the others. "Towards the Medical Bay?" she asks, moving that direction, her blaster still out.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 194 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Thu 9 Dec 2021
at 08:43
(IC) Hoth
Jirana nodded. "All the better to sort out the mystery. And if they aren't moving they might be hurt and need help" she said warmly. She relucantly added "Or they could be wanting to ambush us... but I don't think that's likely."
Mondal R'een
 Noble, 7 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Sat 11 Dec 2021
at 20:40
(IC) Hoth
Mondal mutely watches the others work. In fact, so focused was he on maintaining his silence that the thought only belatedly occurred to him that they may be awaiting his response. Considering his recent injuries, it is not difficult for him to imagine others that may require aid themselves. Thus, the decision is an easy one. "The medical bay seems like a sound plan. I am ready to depart when you are."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 255 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Sun 12 Dec 2021
at 04:14
(IC) Hoth
Julianna walked carefully, listening and watching. To be sure, the deathly quiet of the cold unnerved her. She felt as if her own blood pounding in her was going to alert anyone waiting. But her blaster was ready. And she knew that if nothing else, she would protect her sister. And maybe her sister's Force would protect her as well.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 195 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Tue 14 Dec 2021
at 09:00
(IC) Hoth
Jirana smiled at her sister as they walked. "It'll be okay, don't worry."
The Force
 GM, 518 posts
Thu 23 Dec 2021
at 00:08
(IC) Hoth
The specialist quickly jacks into the computer and is able to come up with a odd device after a few moments. It looks like a datapad but it just looks odd. The screen is different. He grabs it, puts the datapad into his belt and glances at the others "I was able to come with a portable version of what you call a detection system though it low grade and unsure of it will last but it should show us the approximate location of the three targets from the screen."

With that said and done, the group gathers up and slowly makes their way into the medical bay. As they arrive there before earlier, it looks the same as before. Not a single soul is there. Sypher looks down at the device and slowly goes over to the location "Whatever it sense it should be here but it is not. It makes no logical sense." He shows the others the device and its blinking in three spots-same as the computer earlier but after a moment the three spots vanish. They seem to be walking on some sort of platform though and above its just solid ice.

Inside the bay, it looks decent as the group came into here beforehand. Two desks link the walls. Two computers lie on the desks, monitors turned off. Lights illumiate the area better now but not fully like its now being run off a generator. Three small what looks like bacta tanks but are smaller-about the size of a dog rest on the furtherst wall but its hard to tell if anything is inside of them without going to them. They are not lit up as well. A medical droid lies in the center, no movement coming from it. It looks turned off. There are several beds with unlit unknown items lining them. A large computer is against a wall with no power.

(Posted the area again for Mon)

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:54, Sun 09 Jan.

Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 196 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Thu 23 Dec 2021
at 08:30
(IC) Hoth
Jirana looks about. "They can't have just vanished. Could they be hidden from the sensor somehow?"
Mondal R'een
 Noble, 8 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Sun 9 Jan 2022
at 01:15
(IC) Hoth
With precious little diplomacy or negotiation to engage in Mondal tires of waiting for an opportunity more suited to his noble stature and decides to take a look around the room. More due to curiosity than an expectation of helpful discovery, the Ithorian investigates the unknown items lining the beds before walking up to the desks against the walls and searching them. Finally, after leaving the monitors and computers to the tech specialist, he walks over to take a peek in the Bacta tanks.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:17, Sun 09 Jan.

Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 198 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Tue 11 Jan 2022
at 11:14
(IC) Hoth
Jirana closed her eyes and reached out with the Force, exploring her surrondings through its aid.
The Force
 GM, 523 posts
Wed 12 Jan 2022
at 19:05
(IC) Hoth
The variety of gear lining the cots seems to be odd to the ithorian. Perhaps medical items? Syringes, clamps and misc items. From what he pulls it out its medical stuff but most of it has been erased or deleted. There are some normal notes but its hard to read but the noble makes out 'bacta' and 'unknown' as well as 'unknown'. As for the bacta tank, its hard to figure out what is inside of it. Out of three small bacta tanks, there's a small what looks like a strange hand but its hard to make out from all the goo but its not moving.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 199 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Mon 17 Jan 2022
at 10:04
(IC) Hoth
Jirana looked thoughtful. "I feel.. something strange in the Force. Below us... three."