(IC) Hoth.   Posted by The Force.Group: 0
The Force
 GM, 465 posts
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 15:24
(IC) Hoth
The ship slowly falls down to the barren planet. With the last known location of the Knight, Sypher watches and tilts his head. Slowly it lowers down to a old landing pad that looks unused inside the side of a mountain. It hits and the ship stops. Gearing up, the specialist pauses "Perhaps I would be more of a use here at the ship?" He pauses for a moment "Actually no I will follow you. Carry on." Strange man.

The platform is lowered to the ground as snow blankets the area. Looking around what appears to be a deserted encampment of some sort. A double door rests along the furthest walls. Several old equipment rests here and there, like this was some sort of fueling area unused. Its seems to be pretty spooky.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic...rykkczw&usqp=CAU

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:25, Thu 22 July 2021.

Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 233 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Sat 24 Jul 2021
at 04:40
(IC) Hoth
Her gear on, Julianna glanced out the door. "Someone remind me again why we are coming here? Doesn't seem like anyone is home. Or alive. Is there a reason we are truly here and know a knight is here?"

She glanced back. "Make sure everyone is armed and well insulated. Frostbite and death are not acceptable."
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 178 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Mon 26 Jul 2021
at 02:23
(IC) Hoth
A child raised on Coruscant, Jirana has never known true cold. She was majorly bundled up. She looked out at the snow, an expression of wonder on her face. "Wow! Does that fall all the time?"

"Somebody set all this up, Sis, even if it has been a little bit. We'll just have to start searching"
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 40 posts
Mon 26 Jul 2021
at 12:49
(IC) Hoth
Ursica waited at the door ready to disembark. "May not be acceptable. But sure is a likely scenario if anyone gets lost."

Pressing the door key he lead the way down the ramp and into the cold. Watching for any possible dangers that could be hidden.
Novu Dera
 Jedi Guardian, 19 posts
 Twi'lek
 Melancholy Padawan
Mon 26 Jul 2021
at 18:06
(IC) Hoth
Novu had pulled the bulkiest item out of the pack around her waist after they had landed. Making her way back through the cockpit she donned the cloak which would help protect her from the elements. It coupled with her face devoid of emotion really gave her that Jedi look which she had managed to avoid since she didn't care for robes. Pulling the cloak's hood up and over her head and lekku the twi'lek was right behind Urisca.

"With Jirana and I here such a thing should prove difficult," the padawan stated with an air of assuredness.
Sypher
 Tech Specialist, 5 posts
Wed 28 Jul 2021
at 00:03
(IC) Hoth
Looking down the ramp after he is bundled up, he proceeds down it and suddenly stops. He holds out a hand, catching the snow. Sypher tilts his head "This is called snow? Interesting." He raises the hand to his nose and watches it turn to water, dripping down to the ground "Cold and wet." He doesn't look armed and raises up his hood "If we find a computer terminal and battery or other use, it is possible for me to locate the Knight yet it seems this location will not suffice." His eyes dart around the ship and holds his hand out as snow hits it "Interesting."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:15, Wed 28 July 2021.

Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 234 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Mon 2 Aug 2021
at 05:08
(IC) Hoth
Julianna looked at the tech. "Then we need to find another site that is more conducive to helping you find him. Ideas, people?" she looked around, trying to find the best path to civilization.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 180 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 02:20
(IC) Hoth
"I think we should start here... who knows what kind of clues we might find!" Jirana says hopefully.
Sypher
 Tech Specialist, 6 posts
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 13:26
(IC) Hoth
The specialist goes over to several old computer terminals but finds nothing of use. He then walks over to the doors and goes over to the panel. He inputs his datapad and then pulls it out, pondering something "There is no electical power in this current area for any diagnostics it appears. Do we have a way to remove the door from its openings?"
Novu Dera
 Jedi Guardian, 21 posts
 Twi'lek
 Melancholy Padawan
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 01:18
(IC) Hoth
Novu cast a glance across the team. "I can get it open if we have no other alternatives," the twi'lek noted. Should no other solutions be presented the guardian was prepared to cut her way through the metal. It wouldn't exactly be a tactful approach, but it would get the job done.
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 41 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 12:19
(IC) Hoth
Ursica shrugged and started looking around the area. Rummaging through any crates or boxes he found. He could probably get the door open but it would be loud and probably messier than what the Jedi had in mind. And finding enough explosives may be a problem also.

Then he had a thought, no idea if it would work. "Can't you just run power from the ship?"
Sypher
 Tech Specialist, 7 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 12:27
(IC) Hoth
"It is possible but if something goes wrong, we will indeed be stuck on this planet without any communications outside of it. Running a power source will be the last option. I am unsure of what has caused the power outage. It may pull power from the ship and shot it down. Any varieties of the sort must be acknowledge under the current present time. I am not about to risk it." The tech taps the pad a few times and nods to Novu "If possible please acknowledge my request. Thank you."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 235 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 03:49
(IC) Hoth
Julianna shook her head. "I don't want to chance the ship. Can you cut it open, Novu? If not, we can try to blow it. Or we can explore and see if can get the power going without using our own to start it up."
Sypher
 Tech Specialist, 8 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 11:50
(IC) Hoth
"With all due respect Captain, I stated earlier attempting to power the door to the proper levels needed may hinder or stop the ship leaving use here without a proper access to another ship. If we do find another ship, it is indeed possible if it is up to the correct standards for access to space but it will take time if it is indeed possible." The specialist nods to the Captain "I am unsure if we have the correct amount of amnunitions similar to explosides to open the door. But if we have a person who can possibily manage the guns it is another or if we have the tools to melt the door to allow access..." He turns towards the Guardian "If you may? It would be greatly appreciated."
Novu Dera
 Jedi Guardian, 22 posts
 Twi'lek
 Melancholy Padawan
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 05:34
(IC) Hoth
Seeing how the others had decided Novu brandished her lightsaber and stepped up to the door. Aiming the nozzle towards the metal it hummed to life in a dazzling display of sparks and crackling noise. The smell of burning metal was thick in the air. Slowly she traced the cutting blade of energy around the door large enough to accommodate even the tallest of the party. Although lightsabers were formidable weapons they still took a bit of time to cut through heavy steel. Once the silhouette had been cut the twi'lek stowed the weapon back against her waist and gave the door a heavy kick.
The Force
 GM, 472 posts
Mon 16 Aug 2021
at 00:19
(IC) Hoth
The lightsaber sinks into the doorway area and after a few minutes, a wide enough area is cut from it. The specialist watches the guardian and nods his head "If you do not mind, may I take a look at the weapon that is when we have time? Also if you wish for me to not part with it I understand. Impressive weapon." He taps his pad and puts it away and proceeds towards the door but pauses.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 181 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 04:30
(IC) Hoth
"Well done!" Jirana says. She eyes the new entrance nervously. "Who wants to be first through?"
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 236 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 06:31
(IC) Hoth
Julianna firms her chin and draws her trusty blaster. "Me. Let me go, and you can follow. I can do this."

She stepped forward, drawing her blaster, then edged around the door, being as quiet as possible. She watched ahead, ready to shoot, much like the vigilante she was.
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 42 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 12:20
(IC) Hoth
Ursica watched as the Jedi's lightsabre slowly sliced through the door. It was an impressive weapon, he wondered what training was required to wield such a weapon. It had to be as dangerous for the wielder as the foe.

When done he quickly followed the Captain through the opening and stepping to the side looking for cover.
Novu Dera
 Jedi Guardian, 23 posts
 Twi'lek
 Melancholy Padawan
Mon 23 Aug 2021
at 15:58
(IC) Hoth
Watching the brash ship captain draw her blaster and charge into the breach full of vim and vigor wasn't entirely unexpected. Those outside of the order always did have peculiar priorities. Her eyes swiveled to the technician. "A jedi's saber is sacred," she informed the man. Seeing how their cathar compatriot was second into the cut door she held a hand out urging Julianna and Sypher to both go ahead of her with the intention of bringing up the rear.
The Force
 GM, 474 posts
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 14:03
(IC) Hoth
"I did not mean to show you any amount of disrespect and I acknowledge it is a sacred weapon but why is it sacred? Nevermind I supposed you wish not to speak of it but if you wish for me to used my expertise upon the lightstick,  I would be more then happy to examine it for any possible flaws in its design." Sypher probably insulted her. He steps on through, pulling up his hood.

The hallway goes down a few meters then darkness takes over. All the lights seem to be out.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 182 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Tue 31 Aug 2021
at 06:01
(IC) Hoth
Jirana ignites her lightsaber to provide light in the dark hallway. "It's a defensive weapon and useful in other ways too" she says proudly. "Anyways, I'm too old for the dark to worry me."
The Force
 GM, 475 posts
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 12:36
(IC) Hoth
The lightsaber glows a bit sending some light beneath the half-open door. Jirana looks under it revealing old computers in two rows. A old holo-grid in the center of the room as well. Kneeling down, Sypher looks into the room and then slips aside if not stopped. Against a wall is a droid-a older model astromech. It looks like it was turned off.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTe70_YWcAAJRVK.jpg

OOC
Like that but minus people and its def more run down, old and not working.

Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 183 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Sun 5 Sep 2021
at 05:46
(IC) Hoth
"Spooky!" Jirana says. "The droid ought to have the answers for us... if we know how to speak to astromechs."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 237 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Sun 5 Sep 2021
at 05:51
(IC) Hoth
Julianna moved over to the consoles, then took out a glowrod from her belt. "Can we power these up? Just in case that droid won't work?"

She still had her blaster out. Quiet meant danger, after all.
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 43 posts
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 12:10
(IC) Hoth
Ursica let the others talk. He moved a little farther into the room. Looking for other exits or possible trouble.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 184 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Sun 12 Sep 2021
at 04:35
(IC) Hoth
"I'm not sure. I'm better with fixing people than machines." Jirana looks around.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:45, Sun 12 Sept 2021.

The Force
 GM, 478 posts
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 16:19
(IC) Hoth
The tech stands there, seeming like he doesn't even exist. They know he's a computer guy but instead of asking him directly, they don't. He crosses his arms, staring at Julianna "Let's see if you have the capabilities to see if you can provide the adequate power to see if it works? Its hard to tell if it is indeed possible. Perhaps you should have asked someone trained with the abilities possible to do it instead of standing there." He doesn't really think it was rude but hard to tell. He seems serious enough and motions for the others to back up before checking on the astomech first. The man wipes the snow off the top of it, fiddling with it until it flips up. Sypher adjusts a few things and lowers it back down before reaching to the back of the droid. He steps back. Nothing happens for a moment before the droid's lights flicker on. Of course it speaks in binary, makibng whirling sounds and squeaks (like R2).

"What happened here? We need to have the power turned back on to allow further use of the facilities. Do you know of its location?" Sypher asks.

The astromech respondes and starts to head down a seperate hallway

"It appears it will show us where to find the power area and does not know the location of its last programmer or what happened." The tech waits.
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 238 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 01:59
(IC) Hoth
Juli frowned. "I did ask. I asked everyone. As Captain, I can do that."

She watched the tech talk to the droid, then sighed. "Lead on. We'll follow and try to keep you from getting killed."

She spun the blaster in her hand, watching him, hoping he was good enough to figure this out. If not, she might shoot him herself. Not truly, but the thought occured.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 02:34, Tue 14 Sept 2021.

The Force
 GM, 481 posts
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 01:31
(IC) Hoth
The tech watches and not agreeing but this wasn't the time and place to discuss this. Plus Sypher needs them and they need his expertise. He stops for a moment, glancing back at the others then follows the astromech. The hall is long and the astromech stops at a intersection looking like a 'Y'. It stops at a small port and it hacks in. A low light come along the ceiling. It beeps a few times. Sypher nods "We have some minor power for the lights. Shall we proceed?" The droid keeps moving and they get to three doors, two are closed and one is open but the light is non-existant. On one door it states 'Med Bay' and on the other 'Med Office'. The droid stops and beeps before Sypher stops for a moment, allowing the others to catch up.
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 44 posts
Tue 21 Sep 2021
at 16:02
(IC) Hoth
Ursica ignored the captain and the techs disagreement. He was here to help out as best he could. Following along behind the tech and the astromech he kept his rifle ready even though it seemed the base was deserted.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 185 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Wed 22 Sep 2021
at 03:52
(IC) Hoth
"Oh! Med bay. My knowledge might be useful there" Jirana notes. "Maybe I can discover clues."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 241 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 23:07
(IC) Hoth
"Lights would be a good idea," Julianna responded. She turned her head. "Be careful Sis. Take someone with you. Just in case."

For herself, she followed the droid and tech. She watched all around her, ready for the lights to come on.
Sypher
 Tech Specialist, 9 posts
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 11:29
(IC) Hoth
"I believe it would be best for us all to remain together at this juncture would you not agree? Proceeding with the two of us would perhaps be not as wise and we do not know what is behind the doors. I am willing to wait and see if it is possible that my expertise can open the door that is if needbe." It seems he wants to start a fight but not trying to, and is serious. He taps the pad and glances at the astromech that beeps a few times "It is willing to wait and the way wish to go has little or no light."
The Force
 GM, 488 posts
Sun 3 Oct 2021
at 18:31
(IC) Hoth
Something shift slightly upon the ceiling. Perhaps it was the snow and ice. Sypher goes over to the medical bay door. He links into the door and it opens up, sliding into something above. Inside the bay, it looks decent. Two desks link the walls. Several pieces of paper are stacked up nicely. Two computers lie on the desks, monitors turned off. Lights illumiate the area. Three small what looks like bacta tanks but are smaller-about the size of a dog rest on the furtherst wall. They are not lit up. A medical droid lies in the center, no movement coming from it. It looks turned off. There are several beds with unlit unknown items lining them. A large computer is against a wall.

Out in the hallway, its quiet. There's another closed door-Med office and the droid beeps as he waits.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:08, Fri 08 Oct 2021.

Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 187 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Sun 10 Oct 2021
at 09:25
(IC) Hoth
Jirana peeks into the medbay and begins going through the papers. "There's got to be some useful information here. Medical records, that sort of thing."
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 45 posts
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 15:12
(IC) Hoth
Ursica stood watch as the young Jedi rifled through old papers. He wasn't convinced in the slightest that this place was safe.

"We should concentrate on getting power back up first, if even possible. We can then look for any clues."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:24, Mon 11 Oct 2021.

The Force
 GM, 494 posts
Thu 21 Oct 2021
at 16:50
(IC) Hoth
LANDING PAD-
-Rasha and Mondal
The two of you on tauntains arrive at a old base. Rasha has seen it but never been inside. As soon as you get close, you can see a old ship resting. And the landing pad is raised up providing no entrance way. There is a set of doors that look recently open but some unknown force but looks sliced through.

Medical Area
-Sypher, Juls, Jirana, Urisca
"I believe he is indeed correct. We should proceed further into the base in search of the powersource to provide adequate light and for more information the computers can provide. Yet it does seem rather odd that this location seems to be intact and up to date other then no power." Sypher speaks up. He nods towards Urisca seeing as he agreed.
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 243 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Fri 22 Oct 2021
at 03:54
(IC) Hoth
Julianna nodded. "Yes, let's look for power. Sypher, can you tell how long the power has been off here? If the power has been off a long time, it could mean the difference between whether it was turned off or failed."

She turned to her sister. "Grab what you think might be important, but let's keep moving. Between the cold and the silence, this place is giving me the creeps!"
Mondal R'een
 Noble, 3 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Fri 22 Oct 2021
at 19:58
(IC) Hoth
Thank the Mother Jungle, a relieved Mondal sighs under his breath as he slides from the back of his Tauntaun. He walks slowly towards the damaged doors, his heart buoyed but his legs shaky with fatigue.

Upon reaching the entrance, the Ithorian stretches his aching back and releases an involuntary groan. After a moment's thought, he addresses his companion. "Rasha Kaddesh of the Tal-Che Kaddesh, it appears our risk has been well rewarded. Shall we proceed and see what help we may find inside?"
Rasha Kaddesh
 Force Adept, 4 posts
Sat 23 Oct 2021
at 04:35
(IC) Hoth

 The base is some considerable distance from the old lodge, a fact which makes Rasha visibly uncomfortable - although he doesn't make a point of bringing up why until he and Mondal are on a low ridge overlooking the occupied landing pad and the breached door, "This is further than I have gone in my role as a caretaker... And further than you could have survived, Mondal R'een of the R'een. If we are to find your friend it shall not be here." he states, before adding with perhaps more justice "Although ships in this place are few and far between, it seems as though the strands of the Lifeweb tighten. It is well enough that our feet have been placed upon this path, we should follow it to its end." - gently running his hand along the neck of his Tauntaun, he nimbly urges it down to the base "Let us see who has come to join us."
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 188 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Mon 25 Oct 2021
at 12:59
(IC) Hoth
"Right, sis" Jirana said. She grabbed up some of the papers and followed her Julianna. "Any place can seem creepy when it's abandoned."
The Force
 GM, 495 posts
Wed 27 Oct 2021
at 13:27
(IC) Hoth
The tech watches Juls and he responds "I cannot tell you at this moment whether it is possible to return power. We need access to the power core or something similar. As you can tell we are both in the medical area. So you ask something I cannot tell you without proper gear." Well she wanted him to tell her so he did. Sort of "If and when we got the the correct power generatator I should be able to fix it. As for why it failed we need secrurity information."

After a few moments, something starts to head down the hallway towards the group. A old droid found by the group sits in the middle of the hallway and starts to beep. Sypher waits, calm and collected.

The Ranth and Ithorian see the droid beeping. There is little light but enough for them to see the odd droid.
Mondal R'een
 Noble, 4 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Wed 27 Oct 2021
at 18:07
(IC) Hoth
Mondal, swings his head to the side, pausing for a moment as he discerns the dim light of the droid. Cocking his head and holding his breath, both unconscious habits he employs while straining to hear, he fails to discover any threats. Forgetting himself, both his noble lineage and his lack of requisite military training to play the role of a recon scout, he excitedly approaches the droid heedless of the possible danger.

Only as he reaches the droid does he belatedly consider the presence of his friend. Maybe I should have waited for Ranth? he thinks regretfully.
Rasha Kaddesh
 Force Adept, 5 posts
Mon 1 Nov 2021
at 06:47
(IC) Hoth

 Slowly moving into the lee of the base, Rasha dismounts his Tauntaun with the effortless motion of someone who has been taming and riding beasts of one sort of another since he was an infant, the spear in his hand seemingly held more as a means to examine the ice ahead of him and perhaps to ward off predators than a true weapon - most notably since he makes no effort to lift or level it as the droid's light begins to shine and he comments softly "False-life, but life of a kind nonetheless. It has no presence in the web but it is an ill thing to leave a child alone."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 245 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Fri 5 Nov 2021
at 04:52
(IC) Hoth
Julianna holds up her hand. "I hear something," she states softly, moving to the back of the group, towards where they came in, her blaster ready. She looks back at her group. "Keep seeing what you can do. I'll see if we have company."

Clearly, this ignores her 'stay together' thing, but she figures she can wait for company, then surprise them before they can attack the others. After all, she has a blaster.
The Force
 GM, 498 posts
Sat 6 Nov 2021
at 00:53
(IC) Hoth
The captain finds the newcomers. She seems surprised at this being it a very cold world so not expecting anyone else-especially here. Jirana holds some old medical supplies who need to be checked out and the soldier seems to protect Sypher who goes to them. He tilts his head, leaving the droid where it is located and waiting.

OOC
Did a quick thing, hope no one minded so everyone can talk.

Mondal R'een
 Noble, 5 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Mon 8 Nov 2021
at 17:11
(IC) Hoth
Focused on the droid to the exclusion of all else, the Ithorian was startled by the presence of other sentients. Mondal jerks his frame upright, his fight-or-flight instincts flooding him with adrenaline. However, sensing no impending hostilities, he froze and took a moment to gather himself. He may as well trust them, he reasons, since he was never going to outrun them.

After a long shaky breath, he straightened to assume a more formal, even regal, bearing and swept his eyes across the room to include everyone visible. He briefly considers introducing Rasha as well but immediately discards the notion since he is not apprised of their cultural expectations and does not want to cause offense a second time.

"I am Mondal R'een, duly appointed representative of the R'een family. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." As he speaks in Basic he brings both fists to his chest before opening his hands and sweeping them down and away from his body, executing a deep bow in the Re'en manner of utmost respect. After bowing directly to Rasha in like manner, he steps aside to allow space for his rescuer to speak if he so desires.
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 248 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Thu 11 Nov 2021
at 04:09
(IC) Hoth
Julianna stared at the newcomers, then slowly sheathed her blaster. She held out her hands. "I am Julianna, and this is my crew and passengers. What brings you here?"

The Human keeps her movements slow and careful. She had never seen an Ithorian close up, and was somewhat ignorant on their customs.
Rasha Kaddesh
 Force Adept, 6 posts
Fri 12 Nov 2021
at 02:29
(IC) Hoth

 The figure at the side of the Ithorian looks about as out of place in the modern galaxy as a badly lost Ewok... Tall, thickly furred with murder-puppy blue eyes as bright as glacial ice he's holding a spear when the 'ambush' is sprung, but makes no effort to level or throw it, in favour of tilting his head and watching, one ear flicking curiously while Mondal makes his introduction...

 ...and then adding "While I am Rasha Kaddesh, of the Tal-Che Kaddesh. What brings us here is that your entry disturbed two Tauntaun who were trusting of riders. What brought us to them was the search for the lost companion of Mondal R'een, and what brought us to that was my carrying him from the wreck of a fallen star vessel, out on the open ice.", a slightly long-form way of his getting to the point of asking, in return "And it would be within host-right Julianna, since this world is the place of my dwelling to ask what song you, your crew and your passengers follow to be here."
The Force
 GM, 503 posts
Sat 13 Nov 2021
at 16:57
(IC) Hoth
Sypher watches the two people talking to Juls "I am Sypher. That is Jiranna, our medical expert. Our entry did not have to bother with a tauntain? If I may ask what is it? You approached and confronted us with little knowledge of what you are talking about. Furthermore, we do not know you and perhaps view you as a possible threat. From what I know of Hoth, no one owns it so claiming it as your planet does not work." Primitive verse a science person. This'll be interesting. And probably go to blows but Sypher has no tact. He looks at Juls "In my opinion you have no crew or passengers Juliana. We were assigned to the ship with you as a pilot that owns it. Unless asked and have the proper creditenials under the Jedi laws...." Keep going Sypher. Your already not doing well so why not?

The droid beeps a few times and move slightly down the hallway. A few more beeps. The soldier and medical person look out from the medical bay. Sypher tilts his head and looks at the droid "Shall we continue this in the main control bay?"

OOC
think we checked the medical office and med bay (connected) but if you want to keep checking it that's good. I think Jirana has some folders but since there's no power yet lol

Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 190 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Sat 13 Nov 2021
at 17:46
(IC) Hoth
Jirana curtsied. "Lovely to meet you! I'm Jirana, Padawan of the Jedi Order, I'm here on their behalf. I'm sure we can help each other" she said warmly. "Yes, let's move along to the main control bay."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 249 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 18:20
(IC) Hoth
Julianna clenched the fist not holding the blaster. Sypher was really starting to piss her off. However, faced with the strangers, it was clearly better to not yell, insult or kill the irritating creature.

"Yes, let us go into the main bay. Go ahead. I'll bring up the rear." she stated stiffly, her voice and face betraying her anger.
Rasha Kaddesh
 Force Adept, 8 posts
Sun 14 Nov 2021
at 20:26
(IC) Hoth

 "Sypher and Jiranna." Rasha replies, nodding to each before correcting himself to "Jirana." once the actual pronunciation is offered by the one to whom the name belongs, after which he looks back to the strange and seemingly abrasive one who spoke most loudly and at greatest length.

 "You did not see the Tauntaun. They scented or heard you. It is not a thing to be surprised over that you were oblivious to this, few are the star-born who listen to the song of the world about them." he corrects, not unkindly before emitting a short laugh, one seemingly scornful because he assumes an apologetic demeanour a moment later as he tries to educate the other man "No one can claim a world, Sypher star-born. It was here before we were sung and shall be here long after we are returned to silence. But it is the place where I dwell, amongst her children and so I stand as host in Her stead. It grants me no powers or rights, only obligations."

 Which of course, is all very strange and probably the result of living somewhere where the main source of edible material is cave lichen.

 Jirana though? She receives a slightly pained look before Rasha makes a small gesture of aversion before his breast and announces with exquisite politeness "There are no pups here for you to take, Jedi. Let there be peace in this place."
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 192 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Wed 17 Nov 2021
at 07:17
(IC) Hoth
Jirana briefly touches her sister's arm, trying to be supportive and soothing.

"Of course. Let there be peace" Jirana agreed with Rasha happily. "I'd like to see the tauntauns later if there's time, Mister Kaddsh. I'm sure they are interesting creatures."
Rasha Kaddesh
 Force Adept, 10 posts
Wed 17 Nov 2021
at 16:07
(IC) Hoth

 The very word 'jedi' seemed to make Rasha wary, but like many primitive people he has pretty ironclad rules about hospitality and good conduct - especially when dealing with those with whom a feud could be called - and so offers a bow of the head before wincing "Rasha Kaddesh, until such time as I am bound. And they are likely nearby, since this was where they came when lent their head. If I were to guess at such things, those who once built here tamed them and some part of the herd has laired here ever since."
The Force
 GM, 510 posts
Wed 17 Nov 2021
at 20:09
(IC) Hoth
After returning the noble to the group, the adept decides to part ways and heads back the way he game into the great beyond.

Sypher watches him go and motions for the others to follow. His attention keeps getting drawn back to the ithorian "You are a Ithorian?" When the group arrives into the control room, it looks to be in bad shape but useable. Several monitors are scattered around  and some are broken. Sypher tries to get each computuer system up and going once the power is brought up. With the help of the droid, they are able to monitor the base "We have a limited supply of power. And the readouts seem to be odd."
Mondal R'een
 Noble, 6 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Fri 19 Nov 2021
at 21:08
(IC) Hoth
Mondal offers his heartfelt goodbyes and watches Rasha, the being who had so recently saved his life, depart for the void.

After a moment of quiet reflection, he smiles at Sypher. He was not unused to being a novelty among his comrades. "Forgive me. Yes, I am an Ithorian. I am a diplomatic representative of first my family, then my people. It is an honor to meet you." His eyes pass over all those gathered. "All of you."

He watches the others anxiously, concerned at their chances for escape. However, he refuses to succumb to his training and choses not to assail his new friends with needless questions. He has learned through experience that it is better to let the experts work without interruption.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 193 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Sat 20 Nov 2021
at 05:37
(IC) Hoth
"An honor to meet you as well" Jirana says pleasantly to Mondal. "I'm being trained in diplomacy, maybe you could give me pointers sometime."

She peers curiously at the monitors in case she can see anything on them.
The Force
 GM, 515 posts
Sat 4 Dec 2021
at 02:14
(IC) Hoth
The tech specialist looks at the monitors, tapping a few buttons. His eyes dart to three screens, one of which goes black "According to my calcuations, there are three unknown nearbye. None are moving. One of which was near the medical bay." He glances as the others.
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 254 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Sun 5 Dec 2021
at 04:42
(IC) Hoth
Julianna frowns. "We should go see. Maybe someone needs help. Or hopefully, if they are dead, there is nothing there to kill us."

She looks at the others. "Towards the Medical Bay?" she asks, moving that direction, her blaster still out.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 194 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Thu 9 Dec 2021
at 08:43
(IC) Hoth
Jirana nodded. "All the better to sort out the mystery. And if they aren't moving they might be hurt and need help" she said warmly. She relucantly added "Or they could be wanting to ambush us... but I don't think that's likely."
Mondal R'een
 Noble, 7 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Sat 11 Dec 2021
at 20:40
(IC) Hoth
Mondal mutely watches the others work. In fact, so focused was he on maintaining his silence that the thought only belatedly occurred to him that they may be awaiting his response. Considering his recent injuries, it is not difficult for him to imagine others that may require aid themselves. Thus, the decision is an easy one. "The medical bay seems like a sound plan. I am ready to depart when you are."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 255 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Sun 12 Dec 2021
at 04:14
(IC) Hoth
Julianna walked carefully, listening and watching. To be sure, the deathly quiet of the cold unnerved her. She felt as if her own blood pounding in her was going to alert anyone waiting. But her blaster was ready. And she knew that if nothing else, she would protect her sister. And maybe her sister's Force would protect her as well.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 195 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Tue 14 Dec 2021
at 09:00
(IC) Hoth
Jirana smiled at her sister as they walked. "It'll be okay, don't worry."
The Force
 GM, 518 posts
Thu 23 Dec 2021
at 00:08
(IC) Hoth
The specialist quickly jacks into the computer and is able to come up with a odd device after a few moments. It looks like a datapad but it just looks odd. The screen is different. He grabs it, puts the datapad into his belt and glances at the others "I was able to come with a portable version of what you call a detection system though it low grade and unsure of it will last but it should show us the approximate location of the three targets from the screen."

With that said and done, the group gathers up and slowly makes their way into the medical bay. As they arrive there before earlier, it looks the same as before. Not a single soul is there. Sypher looks down at the device and slowly goes over to the location "Whatever it sense it should be here but it is not. It makes no logical sense." He shows the others the device and its blinking in three spots-same as the computer earlier but after a moment the three spots vanish. They seem to be walking on some sort of platform though and above its just solid ice.

Inside the bay, it looks decent as the group came into here beforehand. Two desks link the walls. Two computers lie on the desks, monitors turned off. Lights illumiate the area better now but not fully like its now being run off a generator. Three small what looks like bacta tanks but are smaller-about the size of a dog rest on the furtherst wall but its hard to tell if anything is inside of them without going to them. They are not lit up as well. A medical droid lies in the center, no movement coming from it. It looks turned off. There are several beds with unlit unknown items lining them. A large computer is against a wall with no power.

(Posted the area again for Mon)

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:54, Sun 09 Jan.

Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 196 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Thu 23 Dec 2021
at 08:30
(IC) Hoth
Jirana looks about. "They can't have just vanished. Could they be hidden from the sensor somehow?"
Mondal R'een
 Noble, 8 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Sun 9 Jan 2022
at 01:15
(IC) Hoth
With precious little diplomacy or negotiation to engage in Mondal tires of waiting for an opportunity more suited to his noble stature and decides to take a look around the room. More due to curiosity than an expectation of helpful discovery, the Ithorian investigates the unknown items lining the beds before walking up to the desks against the walls and searching them. Finally, after leaving the monitors and computers to the tech specialist, he walks over to take a peek in the Bacta tanks.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:17, Sun 09 Jan.

Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 198 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Tue 11 Jan 2022
at 11:14
(IC) Hoth
Jirana closed her eyes and reached out with the Force, exploring her surrondings through its aid.
The Force
 GM, 523 posts
Wed 12 Jan 2022
at 19:05
(IC) Hoth
The variety of gear lining the cots seems to be odd to the ithorian. Perhaps medical items? Syringes, clamps and misc items. From what he pulls it out its medical stuff but most of it has been erased or deleted. There are some normal notes but its hard to read but the noble makes out 'bacta' and 'unknown' as well as 'unknown'. As for the bacta tank, its hard to figure out what is inside of it. Out of three small bacta tanks, there's a small what looks like a strange hand but its hard to make out from all the goo but its not moving.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 199 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Mon 17 Jan 2022
at 10:04
(IC) Hoth
Jirana looked thoughtful. "I feel.. something strange in the Force. Below us... three."