(IC) Hoth.   Posted by The Force.Group: 0
The Force
 GM, 465 posts
Thu 22 Jul 2021
at 15:24
(IC) Hoth
The ship slowly falls down to the barren planet. With the last known location of the Knight, Sypher watches and tilts his head. Slowly it lowers down to a old landing pad that looks unused inside the side of a mountain. It hits and the ship stops. Gearing up, the specialist pauses "Perhaps I would be more of a use here at the ship?" He pauses for a moment "Actually no I will follow you. Carry on." Strange man.

The platform is lowered to the ground as snow blankets the area. Looking around what appears to be a deserted encampment of some sort. A double door rests along the furthest walls. Several old equipment rests here and there, like this was some sort of fueling area unused. Its seems to be pretty spooky.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic...rykkczw&usqp=CAU

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:25, Thu 22 July 2021.

Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 233 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Sat 24 Jul 2021
at 04:40
(IC) Hoth
Her gear on, Julianna glanced out the door. "Someone remind me again why we are coming here? Doesn't seem like anyone is home. Or alive. Is there a reason we are truly here and know a knight is here?"

She glanced back. "Make sure everyone is armed and well insulated. Frostbite and death are not acceptable."
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 178 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Mon 26 Jul 2021
at 02:23
(IC) Hoth
A child raised on Coruscant, Jirana has never known true cold. She was majorly bundled up. She looked out at the snow, an expression of wonder on her face. "Wow! Does that fall all the time?"

"Somebody set all this up, Sis, even if it has been a little bit. We'll just have to start searching"
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 40 posts
Mon 26 Jul 2021
at 12:49
(IC) Hoth
Ursica waited at the door ready to disembark. "May not be acceptable. But sure is a likely scenario if anyone gets lost."

Pressing the door key he lead the way down the ramp and into the cold. Watching for any possible dangers that could be hidden.
Novu Dera
 Jedi Guardian, 19 posts
 Twi'lek
 Melancholy Padawan
Mon 26 Jul 2021
at 18:06
(IC) Hoth
Novu had pulled the bulkiest item out of the pack around her waist after they had landed. Making her way back through the cockpit she donned the cloak which would help protect her from the elements. It coupled with her face devoid of emotion really gave her that Jedi look which she had managed to avoid since she didn't care for robes. Pulling the cloak's hood up and over her head and lekku the twi'lek was right behind Urisca.

"With Jirana and I here such a thing should prove difficult," the padawan stated with an air of assuredness.
Sypher
 Tech Specialist, 5 posts
Wed 28 Jul 2021
at 00:03
(IC) Hoth
Looking down the ramp after he is bundled up, he proceeds down it and suddenly stops. He holds out a hand, catching the snow. Sypher tilts his head "This is called snow? Interesting." He raises the hand to his nose and watches it turn to water, dripping down to the ground "Cold and wet." He doesn't look armed and raises up his hood "If we find a computer terminal and battery or other use, it is possible for me to locate the Knight yet it seems this location will not suffice." His eyes dart around the ship and holds his hand out as snow hits it "Interesting."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:15, Wed 28 July 2021.

Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 234 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Mon 2 Aug 2021
at 05:08
(IC) Hoth
Julianna looked at the tech. "Then we need to find another site that is more conducive to helping you find him. Ideas, people?" she looked around, trying to find the best path to civilization.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 180 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 02:20
(IC) Hoth
"I think we should start here... who knows what kind of clues we might find!" Jirana says hopefully.
Sypher
 Tech Specialist, 6 posts
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 13:26
(IC) Hoth
The specialist goes over to several old computer terminals but finds nothing of use. He then walks over to the doors and goes over to the panel. He inputs his datapad and then pulls it out, pondering something "There is no electical power in this current area for any diagnostics it appears. Do we have a way to remove the door from its openings?"
Novu Dera
 Jedi Guardian, 21 posts
 Twi'lek
 Melancholy Padawan
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 01:18
(IC) Hoth
Novu cast a glance across the team. "I can get it open if we have no other alternatives," the twi'lek noted. Should no other solutions be presented the guardian was prepared to cut her way through the metal. It wouldn't exactly be a tactful approach, but it would get the job done.
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 41 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 12:19
(IC) Hoth
Ursica shrugged and started looking around the area. Rummaging through any crates or boxes he found. He could probably get the door open but it would be loud and probably messier than what the Jedi had in mind. And finding enough explosives may be a problem also.

Then he had a thought, no idea if it would work. "Can't you just run power from the ship?"
Sypher
 Tech Specialist, 7 posts
Mon 9 Aug 2021
at 12:27
(IC) Hoth
"It is possible but if something goes wrong, we will indeed be stuck on this planet without any communications outside of it. Running a power source will be the last option. I am unsure of what has caused the power outage. It may pull power from the ship and shot it down. Any varieties of the sort must be acknowledge under the current present time. I am not about to risk it." The tech taps the pad a few times and nods to Novu "If possible please acknowledge my request. Thank you."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 235 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 03:49
(IC) Hoth
Julianna shook her head. "I don't want to chance the ship. Can you cut it open, Novu? If not, we can try to blow it. Or we can explore and see if can get the power going without using our own to start it up."
Sypher
 Tech Specialist, 8 posts
Thu 12 Aug 2021
at 11:50
(IC) Hoth
"With all due respect Captain, I stated earlier attempting to power the door to the proper levels needed may hinder or stop the ship leaving use here without a proper access to another ship. If we do find another ship, it is indeed possible if it is up to the correct standards for access to space but it will take time if it is indeed possible." The specialist nods to the Captain "I am unsure if we have the correct amount of amnunitions similar to explosides to open the door. But if we have a person who can possibily manage the guns it is another or if we have the tools to melt the door to allow access..." He turns towards the Guardian "If you may? It would be greatly appreciated."
Novu Dera
 Jedi Guardian, 22 posts
 Twi'lek
 Melancholy Padawan
Sat 14 Aug 2021
at 05:34
(IC) Hoth
Seeing how the others had decided Novu brandished her lightsaber and stepped up to the door. Aiming the nozzle towards the metal it hummed to life in a dazzling display of sparks and crackling noise. The smell of burning metal was thick in the air. Slowly she traced the cutting blade of energy around the door large enough to accommodate even the tallest of the party. Although lightsabers were formidable weapons they still took a bit of time to cut through heavy steel. Once the silhouette had been cut the twi'lek stowed the weapon back against her waist and gave the door a heavy kick.
The Force
 GM, 472 posts
Mon 16 Aug 2021
at 00:19
(IC) Hoth
The lightsaber sinks into the doorway area and after a few minutes, a wide enough area is cut from it. The specialist watches the guardian and nods his head "If you do not mind, may I take a look at the weapon that is when we have time? Also if you wish for me to not part with it I understand. Impressive weapon." He taps his pad and puts it away and proceeds towards the door but pauses.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 181 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 04:30
(IC) Hoth
"Well done!" Jirana says. She eyes the new entrance nervously. "Who wants to be first through?"
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 236 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 06:31
(IC) Hoth
Julianna firms her chin and draws her trusty blaster. "Me. Let me go, and you can follow. I can do this."

She stepped forward, drawing her blaster, then edged around the door, being as quiet as possible. She watched ahead, ready to shoot, much like the vigilante she was.
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 42 posts
Wed 18 Aug 2021
at 12:20
(IC) Hoth
Ursica watched as the Jedi's lightsabre slowly sliced through the door. It was an impressive weapon, he wondered what training was required to wield such a weapon. It had to be as dangerous for the wielder as the foe.

When done he quickly followed the Captain through the opening and stepping to the side looking for cover.
Novu Dera
 Jedi Guardian, 23 posts
 Twi'lek
 Melancholy Padawan
Mon 23 Aug 2021
at 15:58
(IC) Hoth
Watching the brash ship captain draw her blaster and charge into the breach full of vim and vigor wasn't entirely unexpected. Those outside of the order always did have peculiar priorities. Her eyes swiveled to the technician. "A jedi's saber is sacred," she informed the man. Seeing how their cathar compatriot was second into the cut door she held a hand out urging Julianna and Sypher to both go ahead of her with the intention of bringing up the rear.
The Force
 GM, 474 posts
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 14:03
(IC) Hoth
"I did not mean to show you any amount of disrespect and I acknowledge it is a sacred weapon but why is it sacred? Nevermind I supposed you wish not to speak of it but if you wish for me to used my expertise upon the lightstick,  I would be more then happy to examine it for any possible flaws in its design." Sypher probably insulted her. He steps on through, pulling up his hood.

The hallway goes down a few meters then darkness takes over. All the lights seem to be out.