(IC) Hoth.   Posted by The Force.Group: 0
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 182 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Tue 31 Aug 2021
at 06:01
(IC) Hoth
Jirana ignites her lightsaber to provide light in the dark hallway. "It's a defensive weapon and useful in other ways too" she says proudly. "Anyways, I'm too old for the dark to worry me."
The Force
 GM, 475 posts
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 12:36
(IC) Hoth
The lightsaber glows a bit sending some light beneath the half-open door. Jirana looks under it revealing old computers in two rows. A old holo-grid in the center of the room as well. Kneeling down, Sypher looks into the room and then slips aside if not stopped. Against a wall is a droid-a older model astromech. It looks like it was turned off.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTe70_YWcAAJRVK.jpg

OOC
Like that but minus people and its def more run down, old and not working.

Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 183 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Sun 5 Sep 2021
at 05:46
(IC) Hoth
"Spooky!" Jirana says. "The droid ought to have the answers for us... if we know how to speak to astromechs."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 237 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Sun 5 Sep 2021
at 05:51
(IC) Hoth
Julianna moved over to the consoles, then took out a glowrod from her belt. "Can we power these up? Just in case that droid won't work?"

She still had her blaster out. Quiet meant danger, after all.
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 43 posts
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 12:10
(IC) Hoth
Ursica let the others talk. He moved a little farther into the room. Looking for other exits or possible trouble.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 184 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Sun 12 Sep 2021
at 04:35
(IC) Hoth
"I'm not sure. I'm better with fixing people than machines." Jirana looks around.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:45, Sun 12 Sept 2021.

The Force
 GM, 478 posts
Mon 13 Sep 2021
at 16:19
(IC) Hoth
The tech stands there, seeming like he doesn't even exist. They know he's a computer guy but instead of asking him directly, they don't. He crosses his arms, staring at Julianna "Let's see if you have the capabilities to see if you can provide the adequate power to see if it works? Its hard to tell if it is indeed possible. Perhaps you should have asked someone trained with the abilities possible to do it instead of standing there." He doesn't really think it was rude but hard to tell. He seems serious enough and motions for the others to back up before checking on the astomech first. The man wipes the snow off the top of it, fiddling with it until it flips up. Sypher adjusts a few things and lowers it back down before reaching to the back of the droid. He steps back. Nothing happens for a moment before the droid's lights flicker on. Of course it speaks in binary, makibng whirling sounds and squeaks (like R2).

"What happened here? We need to have the power turned back on to allow further use of the facilities. Do you know of its location?" Sypher asks.

The astromech respondes and starts to head down a seperate hallway

"It appears it will show us where to find the power area and does not know the location of its last programmer or what happened." The tech waits.
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 238 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Tue 14 Sep 2021
at 01:59
(IC) Hoth
Juli frowned. "I did ask. I asked everyone. As Captain, I can do that."

She watched the tech talk to the droid, then sighed. "Lead on. We'll follow and try to keep you from getting killed."

She spun the blaster in her hand, watching him, hoping he was good enough to figure this out. If not, she might shoot him herself. Not truly, but the thought occured.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 02:34, Tue 14 Sept 2021.

The Force
 GM, 481 posts
Sat 18 Sep 2021
at 01:31
(IC) Hoth
The tech watches and not agreeing but this wasn't the time and place to discuss this. Plus Sypher needs them and they need his expertise. He stops for a moment, glancing back at the others then follows the astromech. The hall is long and the astromech stops at a intersection looking like a 'Y'. It stops at a small port and it hacks in. A low light come along the ceiling. It beeps a few times. Sypher nods "We have some minor power for the lights. Shall we proceed?" The droid keeps moving and they get to three doors, two are closed and one is open but the light is non-existant. On one door it states 'Med Bay' and on the other 'Med Office'. The droid stops and beeps before Sypher stops for a moment, allowing the others to catch up.
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 44 posts
Tue 21 Sep 2021
at 16:02
(IC) Hoth
Ursica ignored the captain and the techs disagreement. He was here to help out as best he could. Following along behind the tech and the astromech he kept his rifle ready even though it seemed the base was deserted.
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 185 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Wed 22 Sep 2021
at 03:52
(IC) Hoth
"Oh! Med bay. My knowledge might be useful there" Jirana notes. "Maybe I can discover clues."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 241 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Thu 23 Sep 2021
at 23:07
(IC) Hoth
"Lights would be a good idea," Julianna responded. She turned her head. "Be careful Sis. Take someone with you. Just in case."

For herself, she followed the droid and tech. She watched all around her, ready for the lights to come on.
Sypher
 Tech Specialist, 9 posts
Mon 27 Sep 2021
at 11:29
(IC) Hoth
"I believe it would be best for us all to remain together at this juncture would you not agree? Proceeding with the two of us would perhaps be not as wise and we do not know what is behind the doors. I am willing to wait and see if it is possible that my expertise can open the door that is if needbe." It seems he wants to start a fight but not trying to, and is serious. He taps the pad and glances at the astromech that beeps a few times "It is willing to wait and the way wish to go has little or no light."
The Force
 GM, 488 posts
Sun 3 Oct 2021
at 18:31
(IC) Hoth
Something shift slightly upon the ceiling. Perhaps it was the snow and ice. Sypher goes over to the medical bay door. He links into the door and it opens up, sliding into something above. Inside the bay, it looks decent. Two desks link the walls. Several pieces of paper are stacked up nicely. Two computers lie on the desks, monitors turned off. Lights illumiate the area. Three small what looks like bacta tanks but are smaller-about the size of a dog rest on the furtherst wall. They are not lit up. A medical droid lies in the center, no movement coming from it. It looks turned off. There are several beds with unlit unknown items lining them. A large computer is against a wall.

Out in the hallway, its quiet. There's another closed door-Med office and the droid beeps as he waits.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:08, Fri 08 Oct 2021.

Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 187 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Sun 10 Oct 2021
at 09:25
(IC) Hoth
Jirana peeks into the medbay and begins going through the papers. "There's got to be some useful information here. Medical records, that sort of thing."
Urisca Ro
 Soldier, 45 posts
Mon 11 Oct 2021
at 15:12
(IC) Hoth
Ursica stood watch as the young Jedi rifled through old papers. He wasn't convinced in the slightest that this place was safe.

"We should concentrate on getting power back up first, if even possible. We can then look for any clues."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:24, Mon 11 Oct 2021.

The Force
 GM, 494 posts
Thu 21 Oct 2021
at 16:50
(IC) Hoth
LANDING PAD-
-Rasha and Mondal
The two of you on tauntains arrive at a old base. Rasha has seen it but never been inside. As soon as you get close, you can see a old ship resting. And the landing pad is raised up providing no entrance way. There is a set of doors that look recently open but some unknown force but looks sliced through.

Medical Area
-Sypher, Juls, Jirana, Urisca
"I believe he is indeed correct. We should proceed further into the base in search of the powersource to provide adequate light and for more information the computers can provide. Yet it does seem rather odd that this location seems to be intact and up to date other then no power." Sypher speaks up. He nods towards Urisca seeing as he agreed.
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 243 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Fri 22 Oct 2021
at 03:54
(IC) Hoth
Julianna nodded. "Yes, let's look for power. Sypher, can you tell how long the power has been off here? If the power has been off a long time, it could mean the difference between whether it was turned off or failed."

She turned to her sister. "Grab what you think might be important, but let's keep moving. Between the cold and the silence, this place is giving me the creeps!"
Mondal R'een
 Noble, 3 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Fri 22 Oct 2021
at 19:58
(IC) Hoth
Thank the Mother Jungle, a relieved Mondal sighs under his breath as he slides from the back of his Tauntaun. He walks slowly towards the damaged doors, his heart buoyed but his legs shaky with fatigue.

Upon reaching the entrance, the Ithorian stretches his aching back and releases an involuntary groan. After a moment's thought, he addresses his companion. "Rasha Kaddesh of the Tal-Che Kaddesh, it appears our risk has been well rewarded. Shall we proceed and see what help we may find inside?"
Rasha Kaddesh
 Force Adept, 4 posts
Sat 23 Oct 2021
at 04:35
(IC) Hoth

 The base is some considerable distance from the old lodge, a fact which makes Rasha visibly uncomfortable - although he doesn't make a point of bringing up why until he and Mondal are on a low ridge overlooking the occupied landing pad and the breached door, "This is further than I have gone in my role as a caretaker... And further than you could have survived, Mondal R'een of the R'een. If we are to find your friend it shall not be here." he states, before adding with perhaps more justice "Although ships in this place are few and far between, it seems as though the strands of the Lifeweb tighten. It is well enough that our feet have been placed upon this path, we should follow it to its end." - gently running his hand along the neck of his Tauntaun, he nimbly urges it down to the base "Let us see who has come to join us."
Jirana Narisha
 Jedi Consular, 188 posts
 Padawan, aspiring healer
 Naive Coruscanti
Mon 25 Oct 2021
at 12:59
(IC) Hoth
"Right, sis" Jirana said. She grabbed up some of the papers and followed her Julianna. "Any place can seem creepy when it's abandoned."
The Force
 GM, 495 posts
Wed 27 Oct 2021
at 13:27
(IC) Hoth
The tech watches Juls and he responds "I cannot tell you at this moment whether it is possible to return power. We need access to the power core or something similar. As you can tell we are both in the medical area. So you ask something I cannot tell you without proper gear." Well she wanted him to tell her so he did. Sort of "If and when we got the the correct power generatator I should be able to fix it. As for why it failed we need secrurity information."

After a few moments, something starts to head down the hallway towards the group. A old droid found by the group sits in the middle of the hallway and starts to beep. Sypher waits, calm and collected.

The Ranth and Ithorian see the droid beeping. There is little light but enough for them to see the odd droid.
Mondal R'een
 Noble, 4 posts
 Ithorian
 noble
Wed 27 Oct 2021
at 18:07
(IC) Hoth
Mondal, swings his head to the side, pausing for a moment as he discerns the dim light of the droid. Cocking his head and holding his breath, both unconscious habits he employs while straining to hear, he fails to discover any threats. Forgetting himself, both his noble lineage and his lack of requisite military training to play the role of a recon scout, he excitedly approaches the droid heedless of the possible danger.

Only as he reaches the droid does he belatedly consider the presence of his friend. Maybe I should have waited for Ranth? he thinks regretfully.
Rasha Kaddesh
 Force Adept, 5 posts
Mon 1 Nov 2021
at 06:47
(IC) Hoth

 Slowly moving into the lee of the base, Rasha dismounts his Tauntaun with the effortless motion of someone who has been taming and riding beasts of one sort of another since he was an infant, the spear in his hand seemingly held more as a means to examine the ice ahead of him and perhaps to ward off predators than a true weapon - most notably since he makes no effort to lift or level it as the droid's light begins to shine and he comments softly "False-life, but life of a kind nonetheless. It has no presence in the web but it is an ill thing to leave a child alone."
Julianna Loanan
 Scoundrel, 245 posts
 Rash and Emotional
Fri 5 Nov 2021
at 04:52
(IC) Hoth
Julianna holds up her hand. "I hear something," she states softly, moving to the back of the group, towards where they came in, her blaster ready. She looks back at her group. "Keep seeing what you can do. I'll see if we have company."

Clearly, this ignores her 'stay together' thing, but she figures she can wait for company, then surprise them before they can attack the others. After all, she has a blaster.