The arrival.   Posted by tomowitch.Group: 0
tomowitch
 GM, 23 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 02:31
The arrival
Huntress found the center of the formation where the most standards concentrated. It was a couple of miles north of where Davik was. Huntress could with some work locate Sertyn. He was marching by foot next to a man on horse wearing a white armor with golden accents. Close to them there was a knight carrying a battle standard, and around more heavily armored knights.
Davik
 player, 16 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 03:27
The arrival
Davik did all he could to get there faster.
tomowitch
 GM, 24 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 21:37
The arrival
Davik was interrupted on his link as arrows began to pass dangerously close to him. The only thing preventing him from being hit was that he was flying at a prodigious speed. The arrows came from in a place in the West, where another column was. Unlike the other armies, this one was mostly composed of demihumans and monsters. And their numbers dwarfed the armies of the Prince, they seemed to outnumber them by two to one.

Reaching the area, Davik could find the army still marching towards the smaller contingent north. Upon landing he cause some alarm among the knights that seemed ready to fight at the first signal of anything unexpected happening. They moved their weapons to point towards him...
Davik
 player, 17 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 21:41
The arrival
"Urgent news for the Prince. I am a friend and fellow Prince, David The Whitest The Third." Davik said, tossing his staff to the ground and waving his hands in surrender, also flashing his fancy jeweled ring.

"Plus you really think I would land right in front of you if I were an enemy??? Quickly now, let me through!"
tomowitch
 GM, 25 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 21:44
The arrival
The prince was in the center of the formation. He raised a hand to order his knights to lower their weapons. After doing that he replied to the newcomer. "I'm Prince Thommel, Marshal of this joint operation. My Prince, what are the news? are the Gnome armies form the eastern provinces joining us today?"
Davik
 player, 18 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 22:19
The arrival
Davik bows to the prince, just barely enough to get it over with, but still kinda rude. We haves his hand at his staff and a spectral hand rushes over and grabs it for him and brings it back to him so he doesn't have to bend down and be mistaken for bowing any lower.

"Pppppt. Naw. I'm on a mission from god. I've got to make sure your Priest Sartyn doesn't die. Sartyn???? Where are you????"
tomowitch
 GM, 26 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 23:42
The arrival
Next to the prince marched young Sartyn. He wasn't very concerned at first, but now that his name had been mentioned, he reacted very defensively. "You are wrong my prince, I am here on a divine mission."

Prince Thommel didn't like where this was going and intervened. "There's nothing to worry your Highness. According to my scouts, the enemy forces are clustered in the north, we have enough forces to surround them and with any hope subdue them before we go and advance towards their fortress"
Davik
 player, 19 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 23:47
The arrival
"Nice to meet you. You are highly esteemed by your patron. St. Cuthbert, isn't that right? An angel has informed me that they will not be able to intervene or acquiesce your prayers this day. If you go into battle, you will be defeated."

Then his regal talk relaxed, "Well, more or less. They didn't say that exactly. I mean, if you get defeated St. Cuthbert ain't gonna do shit."
tomowitch
 GM, 27 posts
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 00:32
The arrival
Without thinking too much on his words, Sartyn declared. "I can live with that. I'm needed here."

The Prince nodded at the courageous gesture from the cleric. "We all are ready to make sacrifices. Besides, as I told you, the frontlines in the north are likely to finish the enemy forces before we are even there. They are a menace, but all of them are a disorganized mass of bandits. As we speak they are going to make contact with the enemy. Then we will advance towards the fortress and it will be an easy siege."
Davik
 player, 20 posts
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 01:15
The arrival
“I wasn’t told to stop you from fighting, but I gave my word that I would protect you. On the honor of Bawnsbane and Adamsburrow you will not die this day.” Davik confidently pointed at Sartyn, floating 3 feet above the ground for good effect.

Then he dropped his courage and waved at the other knights, “Can’t promise the same for the rest of you. But good luck.”
tomowitch
 GM, 28 posts
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 01:53
The arrival
"Then I'd be honored to have you by my side". Sartyn said while smiling.

Thommel also smiled, he looked very confident as this meant that his forces had just grown.

Then the sounds of horns being played started coming from their backs. Those were distress calls. "These comes from the rearguard! How's that possible?"
Davik
 player, 21 posts
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 18:23
The arrival
Davik yawned. He had done so much traveling in the last two weeks and now that he was distracted from his anger he was tired.

"Probably cuz they snuck around to the back. Duh." He was no military strategist. He often lost at GnomeRisk against his grandchildren. He closed his eyes, just to get a few winks in.

Suddenly he saw through Huntress's eyes...
tomowitch
 GM, 29 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 00:42
The arrival
The prince called for a stop to the march to hold counsel. "They are going to entrap us between their forces. We could rush our advance or turn back, but that will slow us down."

He finally made a decision. "Everybody, move to the northwest! Tell Erdan to move his forces to the Forest and await for a signal. Knights! We must rush to fight the enemy forces in the vanguard to buy time for the retreat!."

Sartyn had been marching on foot, but mounted on a horse. "My lord, if you want to join me, this is the time!"
Davik
 player, 22 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 19:48
The arrival
Davik tells his owl to return before arrows start flying and then hops up onto the horse. “Best we stick together. I don’t know much more than I’ve told you already, but I must keep you alive. Don’t take any chances, all right?”
tomowitch
 GM, 30 posts
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 05:42
The arrival
Today was a slow day. Sorry.
tomowitch
 GM, 31 posts
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 03:48
The arrival
Riding fast, both cleric and wizard approached the border of the meadow by a creek, there a group of five enemy soldiers awaited in formation. "Go for them!!!" One of them yelled.

ROll for initiative, if you roll better than 18, take your move

Count
18
Enemy 5 AC 12 HP 10
Sartyn AC 14 HP 23/23

14
enemy 3 AC 12 HP 12
enemy 4 AC 12 HP 10

9
enemy 2 AC 12 HP 9


3
enemy 1 AC 12 HP 9




Davik
 player, 23 posts
Thu 16 Apr 2020
at 03:10
The arrival
AC15 HP22/22
21 using 1d20+2.  initiative.
9 using 1d20+6.  chromatic orb fire.

Davik had never been in a battle before. He suddenly missed all his family, even if they always made him the laughingstock.

He tried his hardest to conjure the ball of fire, the same one he couldn't make at his grandson's birthday party. That seemed like months ago now. His mind wasn't focused, he forgot the right gesture, or said it the wrong way. A poof of flame was the only result.
tomowitch
 GM, 32 posts
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 04:12
The arrival
The bandit at the far edge of the field shot a bolt directed at Sartyn  that gets incrusted in his armor (6 damage). Sartyn rode the horse at the closest one and attacked with his mace, but only swung on the flyby. However, the bandits took advantage of this and slashed at both of them on the horse (3 damage for Sarty and 4 for Davik)

One of the others felt brave and ran to be next to the horse, the last one aimed his bolt that hit Sartyn in the shoulder (2 damage)

ROund two
Count
21
Davik AC 15 HP 18/22

18
Enemy 5 AC 12 HP 10
Sartyn AC 14 HP 12/23

14
enemy 3 AC 12 HP 12
enemy 4 AC 12 HP 10

9
enemy 2 AC 12 HP 9


3
enemy 1 AC 12 HP 9


Davik
 player, 24 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 18:38
The arrival
Davik pointed his staff at bandit 3 and spoke the draconic commands that formed a crown above the man's head.

SPELL WIS DC14 or Bandit 3 attacks bandit 1
One humanoid of your choice that you can see within range must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or become charmed by you for the duration. While the target is charmed in this way, a twisted crown of jagged iron appears on its head, and a madness glows in its eyes.

The charmed target must use its action before moving on each of its turns to make a melee attack against a creature other than itself that you mentally choose. The target can act normally on its turn if you choose no creature or if none are within its reach.

On your subsequent turns, you must use your action to maintain control over the target, or the spell ends. Also, the target can make a Wisdom saving throw at the end of each of its turns. On a success, the spell ends.

tomowitch
 GM, 33 posts
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 04:40
Re: The arrival
The first bandit noticed Davik and redirected his efforts towards him, however aiming at him was harder because Sartyn was on his way.

Sartyn attacked the bandit that was next to them and grazed at his shoulder (1 damage)

The victim of the spell attacked his ally close to him (3 damage) which this one didn't take well. The bandit, however managed to shake the compulsion which prevented him from being manipulated in the future.

The bandit that had gotten next to Sartyn slashed at Davik (3 damage), and the last one aimed at the wizard, but didn't manage to hit.

Everybody had recognized on the Gnome noble the more dangerous foe...

Count
21
Davik AC 15 HP 15/22

18
Enemy 5 AC 12 HP 10
Sartyn AC 14 HP 12/23

14
enemy 3 AC 12 HP 12
enemy 4 AC 12 HP 7

9
enemy 2 AC 12 HP 8


3
enemy 1 AC 12 HP 9


Davik
 player, 25 posts
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 22:39
Re: The arrival
Davik leaps from the horse at Bandit 1, trying to knock him with his staff but failing to connect.

Davik rolled 6 using 1d20+3.  melee atk.
I don't think it would have been a bad idea, its just a bad roll.

tomowitch
 GM, 34 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 02:40
Re: The arrival
The enemy farthest from the group aimed again at the cleric since Davik was harder to hit correctly (8 damage). Sartyn aimed true at the bandit that still was next to the horse (critical hit, for max damage)
The two scimitar wielding ones surrounded the horse and aimed at Sartyn with impunity, the first one wound him severely and the other managed to pierce his heart from behind. The brave cleric barely registered what happened before he collapsed and fell from the horse to the ground.

Davik's opponent lost time switching to a blade and failed to wound Davik...

Play by play, the Bandit 5 hurt Sartyn, then he managed to score a critical and mortally wounded Bandit 2. But then the dice were already on fire and Bandits 3 and 4 both hit him, Bandit 3 scored a critical hit and the resulting damage kills Sartyn.
Bandit 1 misses completely.


Count
21
Davik AC 15 HP 15/22

18
Enemy 5 AC 12 HP 10
Sartyn AC 14 HP --/23

14
enemy 3 AC 12 HP 12
enemy 4 AC 12 HP 7

9
enemy 2 AC 12 HP 0



3
enemy 1 AC 12 HP 9



Davik
 player, 26 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 03:56
Re: The arrival
Davik’s jaw dropped hard. He had failed.

“Oh well.”

Suddenly he disappeared and flew away.

He didn’t even know who the woman was, but he hoped she wouldn’t smite him for his failure. Still, wasn’t his fault. She could have given him some sort of magic or something.
tomowitch
 GM, 36 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 04:00
Re: The arrival
Going back to town? or pressing on towards the North? Still need to rest and recover...
Davik
 player, 28 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 04:03
Re: The arrival
Back to town to recover and wallow in self pity.