A new Day.   Posted by tomowitch.Group: 0
tomowitch
 GM, 38 posts
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 03:48
A new Day
Davik returned to the makeshift bar and inn in the barn by the time nighttime was starting to fall. The boy temporally in charge gladly guided him to a bed isolated from other beds by curtains.

At dawn few things changed, the boy went up to wake Davik as there were no windows. He was worried. "Mister Damris hasn't come back from the battlefield. And we are running out of provisions." He talked. "A group of soldiers just came and they have taken residence in one of the tents, with them in town there won't be anything by night."

He then remembered. "There was a small merchant caravan that was supposed to be here yesterday. They haven't shown up yet."
Davik
 player, 30 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 19:05
A new Day
This was not how he expected things to go.

None of the boys concerns bother Davik, but he did not let his voice indicate this, "Listen, son, I need the help of another wizard. Have you heard any rumors of anyone like that anywhere near here?"
tomowitch
 GM, 39 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2020
at 04:25
A new Day
The boy thought for a couple of minutes. "Maybe the old man Jaroo is the one you are looking for." He mentioned. "He lives in a grove very close to here. You can find it by the town limits, a hundred yards to the East".

Davik
 player, 31 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2020
at 04:30
A new Day
"Thanks kid. Take care." Davik tosses him another gold piece and heads out.

He heads east toward the grove, anxious to leave before he gets caught up in the war again.
tomowitch
 GM, 40 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2020
at 04:49
A new Day
The groove was covered in weird symbols. Inside there, there was an old man focused in deep meditation. "Hello, why do you seek old Jaroo stranger?"
Davik
 player, 32 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2020
at 02:58
A new Day
"Hello good sir. I am Davik The Whitey The Whitest BawnsBane Adamsburrow the Third. Please forgive my bluntness but allow me to cut to the chase: can you teach me the fireball spell?"
tomowitch
 GM, 41 posts
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 04:30
A new Day
Jaroo was taken aback. "Ohh, you didn't came for enlightenment then" he contemplated. "You see, the spirits of nature didn't teach me how to do that. Though long ago someone left a scroll with the power of fire behind in exchange for an offering." He kept thinking. "It must be somewhere in here. I could give it to you in exchange for a favor. With all that's been happening I lost trace of an old friend in the marshes. If you can find her and bring news of her, It'll be yours"
Davik
 player, 33 posts
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 05:42
A new Day
Davik eagerly accepts the quest with all the curiosity of a gnome.

"Oooooh boy you betcha! But any chance I could see the scroll first just to verify that it's fireball??? I already know a few fire spells so it would be a waste not to check first. Don't worry, I won't mess up the scroll at all, and it would take me an hour to copy it down into my spellbook, so it's not like showing it to me will teach me...I'm sure you know this already.

"Also, tell me more about your friend and about the marsh. What dangers are there? How do I find my way? What's your friend's name? When you say old, how old??? Is she still good looking?"

tomowitch
 GM, 42 posts
Fri 1 May 2020
at 02:10
A new Day
The old man stood up and moved to look in a chest. "This is the scroll." He handed the magical record to the gnome noble. "As for my friend, you will find her quite easily. She never leaves her tree. The biggest one in the center of the marshes."
Davik
 player, 34 posts
Fri 1 May 2020
at 02:41
A new Day
Davik slows down and asks again while checking out the scroll to see what spell it is.

"What dangers are there? How do I find my way? What's your friend's name? When you say old, how old??? Is she still good looking?"
tomowitch
 GM, 43 posts
Fri 1 May 2020
at 04:01
A new Day
"Age is relative my friend. Valna has been on this world longer than you or I, but she's quite young. I can't visit her often anymore, as my old bones can't keep up anymore." Jaroo doesn't add too much. "It shouldn't be as difficult. Just march to the marshes on the west, the biggest tree on the center of the marshes is where you'll find her. Just be mindful of your steps, because a landshark lives nearby and could come at you if you wake it up, but beyond it there's not many menaces, just the normal fauna of the area." He chuckles. "Of course you should know that I mean she's a Dryad."
Davik
 player, 35 posts
Fri 1 May 2020
at 06:33
A new Day
“Oh! That’s helpful!” He says, rolling up the scroll and handing it back to Jojo.

Davik sets out toward the marsh.

Assuming it is a fireball spell and moving on.
tomowitch
 GM, 44 posts
Sun 3 May 2020
at 02:54
A new Day
The Marsh is not very far from the village. Only about an hour away by foot. Once Davik approached, he could notice something Jaroo didn't warn him about. A small campsite with an ogre keeping watch rested just well outside the marshes. By the sight of it, the ogre wasn't the only occupant of the camp. There were four tents, so it was impossible for it to be fully alone. Its friends would likely be around if not on hand.
Davik
 player, 36 posts
Mon 4 May 2020
at 05:38
A new Day
Davik finds a good place to hide and keep out of sight.

Whitey the owl pops up out of Davik's backpack and flies around without need for Davik to tell it to. He closes his eyes and sees what it sees, seeing if this is suicide.

first roll was best anyway.
22:35, Today: Davik rolled 19 using 1d20+1.  perception advantage.
22:35, Today: Davik rolled 15 using 1d20+1.

tomowitch
 GM, 45 posts
Tue 5 May 2020
at 04:35
A new Day
The ogre seems disinterested in whatever is happening outside its camp site. He is making some token looks around, but apparently is only keeping watch of the tents and the provisions kept there. However it's evident there were occupants in these tents and they entered the marshes, looking for something in there...
Davik
 player, 38 posts
Wed 6 May 2020
at 18:52
A new Day
Davik knows this is a loosing battle.

He returns to Jaroo. "Hey there pal. Bit of a snag. Theres an ogre guarding her camp and I'm not powerful enough to kill it alone. Now that I'm here I realize I might have been able to sneak past it...anyway, just wanted to know if you wanna give me that scroll now so I can use the fireball on the ogre?!??!!?"

Davik rolled 3 using 1d20+2.  the most convincing persuasion ever.
tomowitch
 GM, 47 posts
Thu 7 May 2020
at 03:48
A new Day
"So they went after her too..." Jaroo wasn't happy with the news, he stood up and showed deep concern. "Take it, whatever helps you to protect her, but you won't get too far alone, and I'm not sure you have the time to learn from it. You'll need more arms to do this. I heard a group of soldiers returned from the battlefield yesterday. Maybe you could try to convince some of them to go with you." He takes some berries from a nearby tree. "Take these too, they are enough to save a life but not more than once a day. Please, protect her."
Davik
 player, 39 posts
Sun 10 May 2020
at 06:37
A new Day
He couldn't believe it.

He had the spell. He just needed time to copy it-practice-and show up at home and "blow them all away" with his new power!

His family would finally accept him!

But Davik knew it would be wrong to just steal from Jaroo. He had tricked the old man fair and square, any gnome would respect it. But tricks were just supposed to be mean jokes, not mean serious.

"Thank you Jaroo. I won't let you down, but you're right, I can't do it alone."

With that, Davik gave a salute and floated back to the little town, reading the scroll and trusting Whitey to keep an eye on the skies for him.