Dwarven Excavation.   Posted by Dungeon Mistress.Group: 0
Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 77 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 02:33
Dwarven Excavation
Wary of more blobs, Aliana lit a torch for better visibility
"If we seenonr of those blob things, run back outside as fast as you can, and I'll try to kill it."
She chose the passage going west.
Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 74 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 15:10
Dwarven Excavation
     The hall turned diagonally to the right, then after about 20 feet, turned again, revealing the backside of an untouched secret door.  She thought about the layout of the temple, and realized this must be just opposite the ruined secret door the dwarves had discovered.


Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 78 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 19:41
Dwarven Excavation
Aliana nodded to herself at the symmetry of the temple, which made sense.  It was silly to purposefully design a building with random rooms and hallways everywhere.
Which probably meant that the other direction held more rooms , which meant more artifacts and treasures.
"Okay, let's head back the other way and check out the rooms back there."
Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 75 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 01:06
Dwarven Excavation
     Alaina lead them back up the hallway and to another stone door.  It was a little hard to open, and once they were inside she could see why.  The northeast corner of this room was collapsed, and any furniture was in splinters.  There was nothing of value here.


Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 79 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 01:31
Dwarven Excavation
Aliana frowned, feeling disappointed.
"Well, that's a bummer.  I was hoping for more rooms like on the other side.  I hope that's not all there is?"
Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 76 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 01:38
Dwarven Excavation
     Dazlyn checked the stones and shook his head.  "Naw, this is part of that other collapse.  Totally unstable.  Seems the only place we can dig is that other eastern corridor we were in.
 Seems the best place to keep looking for more treasure,"
he explained, scratching his head.

     "I figure me and Norbus could clear it away with about two days work.  If you were to help us, we might have it done in one," he said encouragingly.
Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 80 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 01:40
Dwarven Excavation
Digging out caves wasn't what she'd signed up for, but some physical labor might be just the thing to clear the head.
"Sure.  Sounds fun!"
Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 77 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 01:49
Dwarven Excavation
     Dazlyn's face lit up and he urged her back the way they'd come so they could exit the temple.  Outside, they found Norbus and explained that everything had been cleared and told him about the tunnel they needed to excavate.  He got the most excited she had seen him since arriving, and they soon headed back inside with pickaxes, wheelbarrows, shoring timbers and shovels.

     It was indeed back-breaking work, but they spent the rest of the day digging and made significant progress.  It was late afternoon when they broke through enough to see the hallway open up into another room on the other side.  After about another hour of shifting rocks, they opened up a space for Aliana to push through if she wanted to check it out.  Otherwise, they could finish out the night making sure the tunnel was clear for easy travel and well-shored to prevent a cave-in.
Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 81 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 01:54
Dwarven Excavation
Since there was no rush, Aliana opted to shore up the tunnel, in case she needed to escape quickly.
Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 78 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Mon 9 Sep 2019
at 21:49
Dwarven Excavation
     Once the shoring was complete, Aliana went to the door and pushed it open.  The air in this end space was very musty.  The room was about 25 feet across, with two alcoves at the north and south.  In the north alcove was a statue of a horned dwarf staring hungrily at a glowing green gem in its hands.  The south alcove had the shattered rubble of another statue.  The walls were bare, but had metal rods afixed all along the top edge.  It seems there used to be tapestries hanging on these walls, but the blobs must have eaten them.

     "What do you see, Lassie?" Dazlyn called from back in the hallway where he was hanging back.


This message was last edited by the GM at 21:52, Mon 09 Sept 2019.

Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 82 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Mon 9 Sep 2019
at 22:15
Dwarven Excavation
Aliana called back.
"Another alter, I think.  There are a couple of statues of the patron god in here, including what looks like a gem.  But I think the blobs have been in here, too.  We need to be wary."
Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 79 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Sat 14 Sep 2019
at 00:59
Dwarven Excavation
     From her position at the entrance, there were no other signs of a blob in the area.
Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 83 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Sat 14 Sep 2019
at 03:05
Dwarven Excavation
Aliana went inside to look around

OOC:  roll Investigation?
Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 80 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Sat 14 Sep 2019
at 04:33
Dwarven Excavation
OOC:

Perception is sight, sound and smell.  Your passive perception with darkvision is 9, which was accounted for when I gave you the initial description of the room.  You can roll a Perception check if you want to get a better sense of the room's details, or if you want to LOOK at something specific up close.  Please be sure to specify which one you're doing before you roll.  If you don't light a torch, you roll with disadvantage.

Investigation is up-close deductive reasoning and problem solving, which usually involves touching.  Your passive investigation with darkvision is 7.  You can't 'investigate the room', but you can investigate a specific area of wall, item, floor section, etc.  Please indicate what you're examining before the roll.  Again, if you don't light a torch, you roll with disadvantage.

Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 84 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Sat 14 Sep 2019
at 08:24
Dwarven Excavation
Her natural dark vision was  lovely, but with the possibility of more blob monsters running around, Aliana wanted light

She lit a torch and entered, looking around

OOC: 03:23, Today: Aliana Farwalker rolled 18 using 1d20+2.  Perception

Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 81 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 03:06
Dwarven Excavation
     The torch flared to life, revealing worn out paint and a gold braided pattern inlaid around the upper edge of the walls.  Even the floor seemed to sparkle with tiny veins of gold.

     From the broken pieces of the ruined statue, Aliana got the idea that it had the same dimensions as the completed statue.

     The emerald glowed brighter in the torchlight, catching Dazlyn's eye.  The dwarf began stalking toward it.  "Well, that's a pretty bauble right there," he muttered.
Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 85 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 03:44
Dwarven Excavation
Aliana nodded
"Just be careful.   I doubt these folks would have left it unprotected. "

She moved closer to examine it, studying the floor as well as the ceiling on the way there
Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 82 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 21:15
Dwarven Excavation
     Aliana's words of warning gave Dazlyn pause.  She kneeled down to examine the floor and saw it was covered in a thick layer of grime.  Underneath was polished green marble inlaid with veins of gold.  Looking up at the ceiling, she saw the crumbling remains of a painted mural that seemed to be Abbathor showering robed dwarves with gold and platinum.

     When she got to the emerald, she saw the gem glowed with ethereal purity.  It was pristine considering the state of everything else around them.
Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 86 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Sat 21 Sep 2019
at 03:42
Dwarven Excavation
The theory that the sline creatures didn't seem to like gems wasn't as big a comfort as she hoped, and she tried to carefully examine the gam and surrounding setting, like the adventurers she'd read about

OOC:,22:40, Today: Aliana Farwalker rolled 17 using 1d20+2.  Investigation

Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 83 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 05:51
Dwarven Excavation
     Getting a closer look at the gem, she could tell it was 'too' perfect.  It was a simple stone wrapped in a perpetual illusion.  There seemed to be some sort of pressure plate underneath, although it was hard to tell what would happen if the false gem were removed.  If the other destroyed statue was any clue, it clearly wasn't good.
Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 87 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 08:20
Dwarven Excavation
Aliana backed away, her face wide with alarm
"Oh wow!  It's a fake, and trapped!  The clerics left it to kill any thieves, i guess.  I'm shocked it's still working "
Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 84 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 16:31
Dwarven Excavation
     Dazyln's eyes went wide and he backed away from the statue, looking at it frightfully.

     "Oh, good thing you were here, Lassie.  I'll admit I'd have gone right for it.  I'll make sure Norbus doesn't touch it either.  I'm sure we'll be in here for weeks getting all this gold out," he insisted.  He offered his hand to shake and a smile for a job well done.
Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 88 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 14/15, AC 18
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 19:56
Dwarven Excavation
Aliana shook his hand.
""Glad to help"
Dungeon Mistress
 GM, 85 posts
 Game and the world
 games with you.
Mon 23 Sep 2019
at 03:42
Dwarven Excavation
     Once Dazlyn had informed Norbus of the temple, even the older dwarf cracked a smile.  They provided Aliana with a short letter detailing her exploits and their excavation intentions for the Townmaster.

     Unless she wants to do anything else, she can leave at anytime.
Aliana Farwalker
 Elf Cleric, 89 posts
 Priestess of Oghma
 HP 27/27, AC 18
Mon 23 Sep 2019
at 03:53
Dwarven Excavation
Aliana yad honestly had her fill of "honest labor" and took her pay and and her leave. She reminded thr men of the dragon sightings and headed back to town.