Goblin Hunt.   Posted by Overlord.Group: 0
Overlord
 GM, 64 posts
 Your world
 My rules
Fri 9 Aug 2019
at 16:04
Goblin Hunt
The merchants give you directions to where they were attacked, a couple miles outside of town. The road was wide enough for two wagons to roll side by side. The tree line came almost to the road.
Darad Stardawn
 player, 28 posts
 I am the greatest ...
 Oh, look a kitten!
Fri 9 Aug 2019
at 17:57
Goblin Hunt
Darad expunds on the mission "So, here is the deal. We are to be paid 500 gold pieces to recover the goods stolen by the goblins. We do not to kill the goblin, in fact i would prefer to lwt them live ... they may bring more business our way, but if they insist its their funeral.

We should stay off the road. I am pretty sure they are too .... smart to attack a bunch of armed men. Or we can get a wagon and pretend we are merchants."

Aurellion
 player, 21 posts
 Magus
 Carpenter
Fri 9 Aug 2019
at 20:40
Goblin Hunt
"Interesting... perhaps even a long standing arrangement could be made by allowing the goblins a part of the booty and returning most of it." Aurellion decided that he liked the way Darad thinks.
Darad Stardawn
 player, 29 posts
 I am the greatest ...
 Oh, look a kitten!
Fri 9 Aug 2019
at 21:15
Goblin Hunt
"Does anyone speak Goblin?"
Iridius Lemora
 player, 28 posts
Fri 9 Aug 2019
at 22:47
Goblin Hunt


Iridius listen to the group as he rode in his wagon. He was a man lost in thought before finally speaking. "When I was a young man, I had a family...children,  a son and two daughters. The black sickness came and took my two daughters. I could not bring myself to bury them for three days...and when the flies and worms claimed them, only then could I bring myself to bury them."

"Then a moon later, the goblins raided the town, they dragged me out of my home, beating me bloody and broken. They then burned down the home, with my wife and son inside....believe me when I say comrades, I will kill every single goblin that crosses my path. I may spare one, temporarily, to get more information, but there will be no quarter from me."

Lovisa Vinternatten
 player, 20 posts
 Changeling Witch
 Winter's Daughter
Sat 10 Aug 2019
at 02:50
Goblin Hunt
Lovisa is inscrutable as she quietly listens as the others discuss the idea of making the goblins either corpses or lackeys, a discussion she honestly did not think would be had.

She blinks slowly after Iridius has spoken and clacks her teeth once before she speaks.
"Well. This is not how such discussions usually go. For what it is worth, any agreement we could make with goblins will only come back to bite us. Either we kill them or run them off, but we do not trust them. If you wish to make deals with capricious things, I do know how to find fey." She smiles with dark amusement at the idea. "It would be quite the experience."


Upon closer inspection I have come to the conclusion I forgot to put my language groups on my character sheet.

Whoops.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:57, Sat 10 Aug 2019.

Darad Stardawn
 player, 30 posts
 I am the greatest ...
 Oh, look a kitten!
Sat 10 Aug 2019
at 12:51
Goblin Hunt
"Well thats a bummer." Darad says under his breath in reply to Iridius "Ok, any one else have unreasonable hatered for potential future business partners we may encounter? Please let us know now."
Aurellion
 player, 22 posts
 Magus
 Carpenter
Sat 10 Aug 2019
at 18:12
Goblin Hunt
Looking from one to the next, Aurellion listened to each in turn. Visibly saddened at Iridius' tale, he did perk up at Lovisa's description of dealing with goblins.

"I suppose that is that. Let's go hunting..."

15:37, Today: Aurellion rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Survival

This message was last edited by the player at 22:40, Mon 12 Aug 2019.

Iridius Lemora
 player, 29 posts
Tue 13 Aug 2019
at 18:03
Goblin Hunt
"With the death of a beloved wife and child, I have good reason for my hatred Darad. I was once a family man, that was all I wanted, a quiet and peaceful life....now I guess I'm just another greedy old mercenary....Just remember, friend, there is good money in pest control as well."

"Let us go find them."

Lurdgo Findal
 player, 23 posts
Tue 13 Aug 2019
at 20:25
Goblin Hunt
An odd figure that looks like a very worn elf is standing near by.
He seems to be trying to organize some items that clearly are adventures gear.
He is however not doing a very good job of it at the moment.

He turns and says for moment.
Did you say something about problems with goblins?
Overlord
 GM, 75 posts
 Your world
 My rules
Tue 13 Aug 2019
at 22:05
Goblin Hunt
Aurellion finds a trail. Broken branches and several sets of small footprints mark a path into the woods.
Aurellion
 player, 26 posts
 Magus
 Carpenter
Tue 13 Aug 2019
at 22:56
Goblin Hunt
"As a matter of fact, friend. I just spotted their trail. This way, if you'd like to join us." Aurellion said as he began leading the way.
Overlord
 GM, 81 posts
 Your world
 My rules
Wed 14 Aug 2019
at 15:57
Goblin Hunt
The trail leads deep in the forest.

Give me a marching order and feel free to make spot checks.
Aurellion
 player, 27 posts
 Magus
 Carpenter
Wed 14 Aug 2019
at 16:21
Goblin Hunt
Since he found the trail, Aurellion is in front.

09:19, Today: Aurellion rolled 13 using 1d10+7.  Perception
Darad Stardawn
 player, 31 posts
 I am the greatest ...
 Oh, look a kitten!
Wed 14 Aug 2019
at 17:52
Goblin Hunt
Darad follows along with the wagon and tries to keep an eye out for .... whatever. After all thet are actively looking to get ambushed.

12:50, Today: Darad Stardawn rolled 18 using 1d20+11.  Perception
Lurdgo Findal
 player, 24 posts
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 00:56
Goblin Hunt
Lurdgo follows the group.  Happy to join
The warn elf is not the fastest on his feet so he ends up trailing at the back.

OOC:
01:54, Today: Lurdgo Findal rolled 22 using 1d20+6.  Perception.
01:58, Today: Lurdgo Findal rolled 21 using 1d20+4.  Urulóki.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:58, Thu 15 Aug 2019.

Lovisa Vinternatten
 player, 23 posts
 Changeling Witch
 Winter's Daughter
Sat 17 Aug 2019
at 21:15
Goblin Hunt
Lovisa gives Lurdgo a strange look but doesn't say anything even when Aurellion casually invites the stranger along. If nothing else, safety in numbers.

Content to leave things as they are, she focuses back to looking for goblins, although her mind wanders a touch and she ends up distracting herself.

OOC: 16:12, Today: Lovisa Vinternatten rolled 14 using 1d20+8.  Perception
Iridius Lemora
 player, 30 posts
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 04:28
Goblin Hunt
Iriduis follows directly behind Aurellion. As he does, the old mage draws a wand.

OOC: 21:28, Today: Iridius Lemora rolled 24 using 1d20+5.  Perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:29, Sun 18 Aug 2019.

Overlord
 GM, 85 posts
 Your world
 My rules
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 16:52
Goblin Hunt
It sounds like Darad is in the rear.

Surprise Round
Four goblins peak out from the underbrush (Anyone who got a perception of 20 sees them and can act in the surprise round). They loose arrows at Darad. Three miss. One hits for 4 damage.

Initiatives:
Goblins 25

Iridius and Lurdgo can take an action in the surprise round.
Everyone can roll initiatives.
Aurellion
 player, 28 posts
 Magus
 Carpenter
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 17:11
Goblin Hunt
10:10, Today: Aurellion rolled 6 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.
Lurdgo Findal
 player, 25 posts
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 18:04
Goblin Hunt
With out a second through Lurdgo levels his eyes at the nearest goblin and runs at it.
As he does a small object seems to fly off his shoulder and heads back towards the cart.
As it does Lurdgo turns and says something
Speaking in Draconic.

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Ready?
The object seems to answer.

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
You got this.  You don't need me.


As he gets to the goblin Lurdgo does something very un-elf.
He hit it square in the face with his fist.

OOC:
18:58, Today: Lurdgo Findal rolled 15 using 1d20+6.  Charge Goblins.
18:58, Today: Lurdgo Findal rolled 8 using 1d6+4.  Damage.
18:57, Today: Lurdgo Findal rolled 8 using 1d20+6.  Initiative.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:05, Sun 18 Aug 2019.

Darad Stardawn
 player, 32 posts
 I am the greatest ...
 Oh, look a kitten!
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 19:01
Goblin Hunt
14:58, Today: Darad Stardawn rolled 13 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.

OOC: Any chance of a map?

Lovisa Vinternatten
 player, 25 posts
 Changeling Witch
 Winter's Daughter
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 19:37
Goblin Hunt
OOC: 14:21, Today: Lovisa Vinternatten rolled 21 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.