Episode 01: Destiny of Kings.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 34 posts
Fri 16 Aug 2019
at 15:40
Time: 21:00 Day: 2 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
New time tracking method above.
Shinma (Rik Deth)
 Half-Orc Paladin, 17 posts
 PP [10] PI [11]
 AC 18 | HP 12/12
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 01:21
Time: 21:00 Day: 2 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
I'll have Shinma take this watch, then. :)
Storyteller
 GM, 35 posts
Mon 19 Aug 2019
at 12:32
Time: 21:30 Day: 2 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
In reply to Shinma (Rik Deth) (msg # 25):

Shinma is at the camp doing the first guard that from 21:00 to 00:00, the rest of his mates are sleeping or at least trying to sleep. When you got to that place you noticed some small shafts of about 3 feet near the spot in which you planted the encampment. All of you thought it was a natural hole but when the night arrived something emerged from the small cave and it is some kind of giant caterpillar, it is now hungry and looking for something to eat, he smells Shinma and knows for sure he has found his prey.
Shinma (Rik Deth)
 Half-Orc Paladin, 20 posts
 PP [10] PI [11]
 AC 18 | HP 12/12
Mon 19 Aug 2019
at 22:20
Time: 21:30 Day: 2 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
"ALARUM!!!" Shinma shouts at the top of his (considerable) lungs.  Drawing his blade, he readied his shield and took up a guard stance, doing his best to interpose between the creatures and any party members and draw the critters' attention.

OOC: Action: Dodge.
Storyteller
 GM, 45 posts
Mon 19 Aug 2019
at 22:32
Time: 21:30 Day: 2 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
In reply to Shinma (Rik Deth) (msg # 27):

OOC That's ok you are not surprised but still you have to act in the order of phase, read the campaign guidelines to know how to proceed in combats.
Storyteller
 GM, 83 posts
Sun 25 Aug 2019
at 22:01
Time: 17:50 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
The rest of the night was peaceful until the dawn arrived and the warriors were again on their feet to resume their journey towards Montinelle. The day was totally tranquil with no inconvenience at all, the beautiful and green plains invite you to rest and rejoice, it is imposible to think in the evil forging for a few bad man on these lands as it seems nothing wrong can exist inside the boundaries of this land.
When the dusk is near to come, you see at the horizon the stronghold of Montinelle, you have arrived to your destiny.
Shinma (Rik Deth)
 Half-Orc Paladin, 33 posts
 PP [10] PI [11]
 AC 18 | HP 09/12
Sun 25 Aug 2019
at 23:20
Time: 17:50 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
"Unfortunately, unless one of you can help repair my armor, I'll need to return to town to get it fixed," Shinma said. "Going into battle half-armored is a sure way for a warrior to die."
Tarascon
 Halfling Cleric, 12 posts
Sun 25 Aug 2019
at 23:28
Time: 17:50 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
In reply to Shinma (Rik Deth) (msg # 30):

Let's get to Montinelle, for sure there is an armorsmith there.
Shinma (Rik Deth)
 Half-Orc Paladin, 34 posts
 PP [10] PI [11]
 AC 18 | HP 09/12
Sun 25 Aug 2019
at 23:36
Time: 17:50 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
"I hope so," the Half-Orc groused.

"What the hells was that thing, anyway?  Besides annoying..."
H'ssst
 Lizardfolk Ranger, 4 posts
 PP: 14 PI: 12
 AC: 17 HP: 12
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 00:05
Time: 17:50 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
"What it was to H'ssst matters not." The reptilian ranger said, idly chewing on the raw meat of the creatures leg as they traveled. "Sood it is now. And tasty."

As the settlement comes into view, "The den of the warnbloods." She looks towards the half-orc. "Six his scales can Shinma there?"
Tarascon
 Halfling Cleric, 12 posts
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 00:08
Time: 17:50 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
In reply to Shinma (Rik Deth) (msg # 32):

19:05, Today: Tarascon rolled 17 using 1d20.  Nature to know what the creature was.

All what I know is these creatures always chew something if it is not your skin or bones it is your armor, shield or whatever they can grab from your body.

They are quite rare so it is improbable we see another in long time.

This message was last updated by the player at 00:08, Mon 26 Aug 2019.

Romezar Agovaldi
 Human Barbarian, 3 posts
 PP [13] PI [12]
 AC 14 | HP 14/14
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 01:13
Time: 17:50 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
When Romezar wakes up and hears he missed a fight, he is initially disappointed, but is appeased when he hears the foe was just a "big bug". He eats a good portion of it after cooking it over the reminder of their campfire. When Shinma complains about his armor, Romezar answers: "Hah! You should get a thick skin like mine if a little dent gets you so worried," and then takes a pose that shows off the uncovered muscles of his upper body.

When they start moving, he starts by taking the foremost place in the travelling formation, but soon gets bored and falls a few places back as he digs up his flute and starts playing it. When the party caught sight of Montinelle, he gave a suggestion: "I say we head on in and sleep in an inn. If we are to try and gather information, it would be best to look presentable. Momma always said that people are nicer to you when you look nice."
Lindros
 Elf Wizard, 7 posts
 High Elf Wizard
 PP[13],PI[13]
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 16:44
Time: 17:50 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
Staying towards the back of the party Lindros follows along listening to the conversation; "I agree with Tarascon.  We should head for Montinelle, while Shima gets his armor fixed the rest of us can look for clues for the missing prince."
Vander Hickenlooper
 Halfling Rogue, 6 posts
 AC-14, HP-9/9, HD-d8+1
 PP-15, PI-11, PIn-14
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 18:41
Time: 17:50 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
"Huh!? What? What happened!?" Vander said with a yawn as he seemed to just 'appear'. The halfling had a habit of hiding even when the party was camped. Mostly using the larger folk to obstruct his tiny bedroll.
Krisa
 Shifter Druid, 3 posts
 PP [15] PI [16]
 AC:15 HP:9/9
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 00:41
Time: 17:50 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
Krisa turns her delicate nose up and the idea of eating a bug breakfast. There are other things to be found, surely.

"I'll second that, Lindros.

"No sense having anyone more vulnerable to thing like that monster last night, and we should take any opportunity to find clues."

Storyteller
 GM, 86 posts
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 14:30
Time: 17:55 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
As you approach to Montinelle you can see more and more clearly the characteristics of the Duke of Andevar's stronghold.
It consists of an octagonal area approximately 270 feet from side to side enclosed by a 40-foot-high stone curtain wall.
The wall is broken at each corner by a guard tower. Each wears a blue tunic with the gold lion
insignia of the Duke of Andevar.
Shinma (Rik Deth)
 Half-Orc Paladin, 36 posts
 PP [10] PI [11]
 AC 18 | HP 12/12
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 20:52
Time: 17:55 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
Shinma regarded Romezar evenly.  "We each have our own gifts," he said neutrally.
Krisa
 Shifter Druid, 5 posts
 PP [15] PI [16]
 AC:15 HP:9/9
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 21:57
Time: 17:55 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
“Each of us is gifted in their own way, but not every gift is as useful in every situation.

“I can deal with the gatekeepers, but I’d appreciate it if you were to support me in doing so, if you please, sir Paladin?”

Lindros
 Elf Wizard, 9 posts
 High Elf Wizard
 PP[13],PI[13]
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 23:06
Time: 17:55 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
Placing a comforting hand on her shoulder; "We will all support you as you talk to the Dukes guards.  You just have the best way with words."  Lindros says in an attempt to calm and encourage Krisa.
Storyteller
 GM, 88 posts
Wed 28 Aug 2019
at 14:51
Time: 17:57 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
When you arrive to a distance the guard on the tower can listen and can speak to you, he addresses to the group:

Greetings voyagers! What business bring you here to Montenelle?
Krisa
 Shifter Druid, 7 posts
 PP [15] PI [16]
 AC:15 HP:9/9
Wed 28 Aug 2019
at 21:43
Time: 17:57 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
Krisa steps forward, but makes sure the imposing Shinma is there to back her up.

“I am Jiuweihu Krisa of the House Jiuweihu.

“My companions and I are road weary, and we seek rest and refreshment.”
She tries to strike the correct tone – not haughty or dismissive, but merely with that cadence of self-assurance shared by all those who are more likely to give orders than receive them.

“We’ll also patronize some of your local tradesmen before we resume our travels.

“And,”
she adds casually, almost as an afterthought, “My parents and the rest of House Jiuweihu would be scandalized if I neglected to pass their respects on to your Duke.”

Shinma (Rik Deth)
 Half-Orc Paladin, 37 posts
 PP [10] PI [11]
 AC 18 | HP 12/12
Wed 28 Aug 2019
at 22:05
Time: 17:57 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
For his part, Shinma stands behind the Tabaxi and waits.
Storyteller
 GM, 89 posts
Wed 28 Aug 2019
at 22:36
Time: 17:59 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
The soldier orders the people below to open the huge wooden doors that protect the entrance to Montinelle.

After you pass the doors you will find an office, there, our sergeant at arms will interview you about your inquiry.

A couple minutes later you are in front of a small office, with a desk and a large book lying over it. A human male goes out the office to meet you. The sergeant is a tall human, about 35 years old. He also wears the Andevar livery over his chainmail.

Greetings. My name is Sal Alvarin. One of the sergeants of Andevar's army. Tell me about your business.
Krisa
 Shifter Druid, 8 posts
 PP [15] PI [16]
 AC:15 HP:9/9
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 04:05
Time: 17:59 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
“Sargent,” she responds politely. “Thank you for greeting us. We would appreciate a recommendation for a reasonable lodging place; we’ll be here just a couple days.”

Her tone is matter-of-fact, and her demeanor is confident – not bossy, merely like one used to being in charge.

“My companion here needs to see an armorer. Is there one you might recommend him?

“As for my meeting with the Duke, please assure him it is just a formality; one has to appease one’s House and family.

“In and out quickly as He pleases. I’ve no intention of wasting His Grace’s time.

"You can send the particulars to our lodging, but,”
looking down at her travel-stained clothes, "I'll need a little time to get cleaned up first; I'm sure you understand."
Sal Alvarin
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 04:59
Time: 18:00 Day: 3 Moon: New Month: 1 Year: 1 Season: Spring
In reply to Krisa (msg # 47):

You request will be attended. You can get into the stronghold. You can stay as much as you want if you pay the prices the two hostels inside charge for lodging. Go to the section of the huts at east, the two largest huts receive people for lodging and the northest one also serves food and drinks. At the south of the stronghold there is the market, it is closed now but tomorrow in the morning you will be able to purchase whatever you want.
There is a dwarf smith here, probably the best of the province, you can go with him if you need to make reparations to your armors or weapons.
The rest of the areas of the stronghold are restricted until the duke determine the level of access you will have to other places. I will need any document that endorses your nobility title before you can have an audience with the duke.
Now before entering you must sign the guestbook.