Main Game Thread.   Posted by Westen.Group: 0
Westen
 GM, 3 posts
Sat 21 Sep 2019
at 02:41
Main Game Thread
Welcome to Deckis.
That is what the sign reads at all three entrances to the city. Whichever entrance you chose, your destination is the same. The "Accardian" inn is a location of some repute. Whether this is ill repute or fame seems to change from week to week, but the one constant is that it draws adventurers like a moth to the flame. The streets bustle; heavily populated by merchants hawking their wares, and customers gawking at merchandise as you approach the door to the inn seeking a room for the night.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:06, Wed 27 Nov 2019.

Trai Dun
 player, 16 posts
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 22:51
Main Game Thread
The inn's residence then here a loud slam on the door as a 7ft tall man with a leather coat kicks the door and smiles with the ugliest grin ever seen. "Workers of Accardian, I have come seeking drinks and more drinks." says Trai as he heads to the innkeeper,"And I hope that I might get a room and other assortments for free." Trai says to the Innkeeper and showed him a jolly Roger tattoo on his right hand that most people would know to fear.

Trai uses Bad Reputation
-No matter where you go, people are afraid of you due to your reputation. When you are in a civilized settlement, you can get away with minor criminal offenses, such as refusing to pay for food at a tavern or breaking down doors at a local shop, since most people will not report your activity to the authorities.

Westen
 GM, 50 posts
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 22:58
Main Game Thread
In reply to Trai Dun (msg # 2):

"R-right away honored patron." The bartender squeaks, rushing to pull a key from a rack of similar keys. "That'll be..." He looks at you, then looks away. "On the house." He puts the key on the bar in front of you, then retreats as if expecting a blow.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 4 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 08:44
Main Game Thread
An old Dwarf clad in scale mail with robes over top sits at the bar nursing a drink. At the rude entrance of the large man, the Dwarf looks over his shoulder at the giant.

"Were ya raised in a barn? Open tha door normally, next time."

Having said his piece, the Dwarf returns to his drink with a few grumbles in his native tongue under his breath.
Trai Dun
 player, 17 posts
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 09:07
Main Game Thread
"Nay, random patron, I was raised in a cave. I have no clue what a door is. Ha, ha, ha."

The large man takes a random drink from a waitress.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 3 posts
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 13:23
Main Game Thread
Xantha's stood quietly in the corner tending to his ale and his own problems. The brutes entrance both loud and ill mannered was providing plenty of distraction. Xantha's quickly scanned the inn's patrons looking for his next potential mark. His coin was beginning to run low and this may just be the opportunity he needed to alleviate that situation.
Mark
 player, 11 posts
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 14:19
Main Game Thread
Mark closes in to the inn with thundering steps, expecting to just simply walk in the open door - only resulting of hitting his head into the door's top jamb. He then proceeds to enter the inn, closing the door, and rubbing his head. He then approaches that bar, looking for the bartender. "Hello? I need food, drink a lodging for the night."
Trai Dun
 player, 18 posts
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 14:47
Main Game Thread
Trai sees the Dragonborn walk into the bar and, with booming steps, approaches him. Looking him up and down while taking a swig of his ale. He gives the dragonborn the ugliest grin ever grinned and says,
"If your in need of lodgings, I could give it to you for free, but for a trade, you give me a magic card."
Paladria
 player, 8 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 14:54
Main Game Thread
Entertaining others, as a way of life, was not the easiest, but certainly more fun and less work than sod busting or brick laying. Sometimes you had good nights, people clapped and cheered, some would give coins or flowers, but usually you could at least get room and board. Singing for one’s supper for a normal sized person wasn’t easy, but when you measured under 3 feet in height, it took extra work. You have to be loud, you have to make sure that your clothes say and show “grown up” rather than little kid, and you have to even work harder sometimes just to be seen. Paladria’s night started poorly. 08:55, Today: Paladria rolled 10 using 1d20+5.  Performance. She had, however already played that tavern for a couple of nights and she was running out of material. It was time to move on, so in her brightest colors and with her best smile she left the first place, a bit high class, and went to the other one, called “Accardian,” which she had avoided up until now because if the rough and tumble of the clientele. Still if it meant eating one more night before moving on to some other town it would be worth it. She played her flute all the way across town, hoping to draw at least a smattering of new guests to show the owner she could make him back his investment.

09:05, Today: Paladria rolled 9 using 1d20+5.  Performance for Accadian (hopefully better). Sometimes you just have an off night. No one is perfect, and she sighed, hearing the badly missed notes. Hunger made her keep trying. In the doors (which seemed to be slightly off their hinges, huh, go figure), she hopped up on a chair, ”Hello good people...and bad.” She smirked at her own attempt at humor, ”Presenting, the Amazing Paladria, that’s me!” She topped the table and bowed. She spun to face a rather homely fellow with a pirate tattoo This is Trai. Everywhere I refer to pirate Tattoo, I’m referring to him. Great. Well maybe it’ll at least be worth a laugh or two. She cleared her throat and began clapping out a rhythm, and as the crowd picked it up she launched into her song.

A note on this song, it is a traditional Ballad, Landlord Fill the Flowing Bowl and it was used exactly this way, an entertainer would enter a new establishment and sing it, hoping the “Landlord” or tavern owner will give him/her room and board for the rest of his/her set. It is known as a call and refrain, the singer sings the first few lines of each stanza and the crown repeats the second line three times, like in the opening chorus. It has a couple of versions, I’ve chosen a slightly more bawdy version, tailored for the crowd as well. I’m adding some IC embellishments, hoping the GM will ignore my aweful rolls, make the crowd a drunk bunch who don’t care that she is off Kay and willing to laugh along with her. I put Chorus in *’s because I did not think it necessary to actually repeat it each time. She isn’t saying “Chorus,” she is singing the words. Anyhow...
*Chorus*:
“Come landlord fill the flowing bowl
Until it doth run over.
Come landlord fill the flowing bowl
Until it doth run over.
For tonight we'll merry merry be
For tonight we'll merry merry be
For tonight we'll merry merry be
Tomorrow we'll be sober.”


She paused here to take a lay of the land. She knew she was off key tonight, but it might not matter, if the crowd was already in their cup, wanted to just have fun with tha call and refrain, or both she might still have a chance to win them over.

”Here's to the man who drinks weak ale,
And goes to bed quite sober.
Here's to the man who drinks weak ale,
And goes to bed quite sober.
Fades as the leaves do fade,
Fades as the leaves do fade,
Fades as the leaves do fade,
And drops off in October.
*Chorus*
Here's to the man who drinks strong ale,
And goes to bed quite plastered.
Lives as he ought to live,
And dies a drunken bastard.
*Chorus*
Here's to the man who drinks strong ale,
The volume of a river.
He shall have a splendid life,
But bugger up his liver.
*Chorus*
Here's to the one who drinks our ale,
And never does repay us.
Soon he will drink alone,
And learn to be more generous.
*Chorus*
Here's to the man who drinks strong ale,
But can't seem to remember,
That the drunken lover finds,
It floppifies his member.”


With each of these stanzas, it is generally done that the crowd picks someone to be the “butt” of these jokes. Mind you this is all good natured fun. The Weak Ale drinker is usually a clergyman; The Strong is usually someone already passed out early; the One who Doesn’t Pay is usually for the man who has already bought everyone a round, ie tongue in cheek thank you; the One who can’t Remember is usually a married guy who is dancing/flirting with another woman, “floppifies his member” is his wife’s...err..revenge.

She has paused again., rearranging in her head the stanzas to fit the mood.

”*Chorus*
If I had more bricks and stones,
I'd build the chimney higher.
It would stop the landlord's cat,
From pissing in the fire.
*Chorus*”


She lift her skirt here, flashing the crowd just a little. She isn’t afraid of this, she’s dealt with rowdy crowds before and will again. She is just hoping to pull them towards being entertained.

However now, she gets to the really fun part and spins on the table to face the Pirate fellow. She winked at his so he knew what was coming.
”Here's to the maid who steals a kiss,
And runs to tell her mother.
She's a foolish foolish thing,
She'll never get another.
*Chorus*”


She stepped up and kissed pirate tattoo quick on the cheek, then spun and skipped in place as if running away.

“Here's to the girl who steals a kiss,
And comes to steal another.
She's a boon to all  her kind,
Soon she'll be a mother.
*Chorus*”


This time, if he was receptive to her first advance, she is a bit bolder. She kissed him on the cheek and then climbed down to stand in his lap and kissed him full on the lips. At 2’10” this probably puts her right at eye level, maybe a bit below. She is going for the juxtaposition here, hoping her tinyness next to his enormity will be funny and cute. When she sings “be a mother” she spins again and holds her arms out, pantomiming being pregnant.

“Come walk with me all in the park,
And don't be so particular.
If the grass is soaking wet,
We'll do it perpendicular.
*Chorus*”


This is no even a very thinly veiled sexual reference. The “grass” isn’t grass, after all. Because pirate tattoo was the only one who didn’t get to see her earlier bawdy little show, she hopped up on the table facing him and gave him a peak for himself, and a wink again so he knew it was her way of thanking him for playing along, assuming he does.

”And here's to the man who beds a girl,
The moment that he sees her.
He shall for his fortune get,
A dose of gonorrhoea.
*Chorus*”


This is not normally the last stanza, actually I’ve rearranged most of these to fit the mood. Depending on the crowd it might not even be sung, but she is again hoping that the bawdy humor will win her the crowd and therefor a nights free stay and food. She hopped down off he table after taking her bow and clambered over to the Tavernkeeper. ”Whattaya say, mate? I finish the show and you give me a room and a scoop from the stew pot. I’m little I don’t eat much, and I don’t even mind bunking with someone as long as you’ve got a seperate bed for me. Deal?” She put out her small hand...
Trai Dun
 player, 19 posts
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 21:28
Main Game Thread
Trai played along with this halfling and was amused at her performance."Ha, ha, ha, that was great lass. Just what this inn needed, in fact, I think I know of a way to make this inn much livelier." Trai looked at the innkeeper and flipped a gold coin towards him."DRINKS ARE ON ME TONIGHT." he shouts to the tavern patrons.
Jessica
 player, 9 posts
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 21:48
Main Game Thread
Blending in with the other serving girls, if just a shade prettier, the one from which the drinks were taken earlier snags the flying gold coin out of the air, and hands it carefully to the innkeeper, so it doesn't get lost in all the chaos likely to start from a whole round of drinks.  Despite having been hired only a few nights ago she has already found her place among the other servers, and helps them hand out the not quite free drinks to everyone who needs them.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 6 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 08:53
Main Game Thread
Sundri was about to make a comment about the giant man's reported cave upbringing, when the Halfling began her song. As far as tavern songs go, it certainly wasn't the worst Sundri had ever heard. That dubious honor belongs to the Goblin cabaret. Still, the Halfling leaves a little to be desired (luckily dulled by the alcohol). When the giant man, in his seemingly typical boisterous nature, declares that drinks are on him, Sundri raises his glass.

"Aye, now that's somethin' I can ge' behind. Fer a caveman, yer not 'alf bad."
Mark
 player, 13 posts
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 11:25
Main Game Thread
In reply to Trai Dun (msg # 8):

Mark looks at the big guy with a question in his face, but only replies with "I would rather stay at the inn."
Trai Dun
 player, 21 posts
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 11:38
Main Game Thread
Trai looks at the dragonborn confused, then he understoods, "Oh I was simply offering to pay for your lodgings lad, not let you stay at my lodgings. But I can understand if you don't want to trade. I'm quite known to be shady at times." he smirks to himself.
Westen
 GM, 52 posts
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 11:39
Main Game Thread
In reply to Trai Dun (msg # 10):

the crowd belatedly cheer at Trai Dun's announcement, and the mood around the inn lightens.
Paladria
 player, 11 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 15:43
Main Game Thread
After a few moments Paladria withdrew her hand. “Fair enough.” Looked like she was sleeping outdoors tonight. It wasn’t the first time that had happened. Better luck tomorrow! She hopped back down and headed for the door.
Westen
 GM, 54 posts
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 21:29
Main Game Thread
In reply to Paladria (msg # 16):

As she makes it to the door, Paladria is bowled over by a man running into the building as if in abject terror. "Everyone, hide! There's something going on outside!" He screams.
Paladria
 player, 12 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 21:43
Main Game Thread
Paladria ducked beside the door jam just in time for the crazy man to bowl her over. At least he didn’t kick while she was down...

She picked herself up and leaned out, looking out the door to see what, if anything, had sent this crazy man running toward this tavern.

16:41, Today: Paladria rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.
16:41, Today: Paladria rolled 14 using 1d20+4.  Perception.

Trai Dun
 player, 22 posts
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 21:55
Main Game Thread
"What's with all the commotion? Can you see we be having a drink here." says Trai taking a swig of ale, he walks outside the bar to see what's going on.
Westen
 GM, 55 posts
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 15:03
Main Game Thread
In reply to Trai Dun (msg # 19):

"There's some kind of angry god in the sky. I don't recognize him, but he says we're all cursed!" the man cries, diving under a table with his hands over his head like a shield
Mark
 player, 15 posts
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 15:21
Main Game Thread
In reply to Trai Dun (msg # 14):

Mark grunts one "You are a thief and the crook. You have no reason to pay my lodgings." he replies to the offer of Trai Dun.

As he hears the screems, he nods angrily "Only wanted some food and the rest, and I get a disaster." he leaves the bar, and checks the window, to see what's the commotion is all about.

And looks for the sky god, if it's possible.
Westen
 GM, 56 posts
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 16:13
Main Game Thread
In reply to Mark (msg # 21):

From the window, you indeed see the figure of a 20 foot tall man floating in the sky. The sinister black goatee on his deathly pale face confirms his nefarious intentions if the slightly manic look on his face didn't already do so. The figure raises his hand, holding a card which emits what can only be described as a bright flash of black light. A sudden wail of pain can be heard from myriad voices across the city as a feeling like being branded burns into the left palm of everyone present in the bar. When it subides, all present find they have a tattoo of an open, bloodshot eye on their palm where the branding occured. It is formed with simple black ink, and anyone who looks closer notes that the appearance of being bloodshot in fact comes from their own veins oddly standing out against their skin.
Trai Dun
 player, 23 posts
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 16:29
Main Game Thread
"Ahh! What the bloody hell did you do to my hand!." Trai pulls out his scimitar, "You best start explaining you no good floating bastiche on why theirs a bloody eye on my hand." Trai says outside the inn.
Paladria
 player, 13 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 17:15
Main Game Thread
Looking up she saw a giant, and everyone was large to a halfling but this was ridiculous. He waved around a card and she felt her hand burning. "Ow...OUCH!" Even though small she can make out the eye and the veins. She reached up to the nearby table and took an unsoiled napkin, which to her could have been an apron, and tore off a piece. She wrapped it around her left hand and used her right and teeth to synch a knot in back. Fighting was obviously not an option, even if she were as big as Pirate Tattoo, she wouldn't stand a chance against that! She scrambled around looking for a back door, or any other way out besides the front and certain death.
Westen
 GM, 57 posts
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 18:44
Main Game Thread
Before your eyes, the smirking man disappears, his image wavering as if he were a mirage before he disappears entirely. You are left with the lingering pain and tattoo amidst the muttering patrons of the tavern.
Paladria
 player, 14 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 18:56
Main Game Thread
Paladria is still looking for a back way out, just fyi...
Westen
 GM, 58 posts
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 19:55
Main Game Thread
In reply to Paladria (msg # 26):

Paladria finds a door that leads into the kitchen. Through the kitchen, she can see another door that leads outside.
Mark
 player, 16 posts
 HP: 15/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 21:29
Main Game Thread
Mark leaves the inn, and shouts out. "Grrr, come back, and I will show you who is cursed!" after a few swearing, he returns to the inn. "Someone better give an explanation of what's just happened." He says still angrily. He looks around, and check how many people are actually inside the inn.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:30, Sat 07 Dec 2019.

Trai Dun
 player, 24 posts
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 21:54
Main Game Thread
Trai sheaths his blade and heads back to the inn,"You damn right they should give us an explanation. Who in the hells those that guy think he is." Trai says to Marks and grabs a drink from a table.
Westen
 GM, 59 posts
Sun 8 Dec 2019
at 02:53
Main Game Thread
A guardsman runs in through the front door. "Cultists of some kind are attacking the city! any adventurer that joins us in repelling the attack will earn 100 gold. Assemble at the northern city wall. If you come as a party of 4-6, there will be a bonus of 25 gold per party member."
Jessica
 player, 10 posts
Sun 8 Dec 2019
at 03:22
Main Game Thread
Untroubled by the arrival of the crazed man, not even sparing the supposed flying person outside a glance, the waitress barely even switches which hand the tray is in when one starts to hurt a little bit more than usual.  When the guardsman mentions the gold however she sets down the tray and ducks behind the bar to retrieve a small backpack with oddly adjustable straps of more kinds than one would normally need.  Settling it onto her shoulders with a quick familiar shrug she turns to the rest of the patrons and speaks in an almost musically voice that cuts its way through the general din of confusion so effortlessly she doesn't need to shout at all.  ”I need 3 volunteers to accompany me to the northern wall, you don't need to stick around, or even help, but if you leave I will be keeping half your bonus.”
Paladria
 player, 15 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Sun 8 Dec 2019
at 03:29
Main Game Thread
Paladria was almost out, she had almost made it. She was, in fact, at the kitchen door when she heard the woman asking for volunteers. Half the bonus? she thought, I could eat for a month on that. She sighed and turned back to the main room. As she came through the door she used her "big voice," so she too was sure to be heard. "Half the bonus. I'm in." If anyone looked at her oddly she would just point to the short bow tied to her pack. "I can shoot it too."
Trai Dun
 player, 25 posts
Sun 8 Dec 2019
at 04:08
Main Game Thread
"So a bunch of cultist are causing trouble, eh." Trai says and looks at the waitress and halfling,"Ha, ha, ha, you two think you can face a group of possibly dangerous card users, ha, ha. You two got nerves of steel, count me in. And what say you dragonborn and dwarf, would you like to join this strange group of volunteers." says Trai with the usual grin, "Heck, why don't we invite some random stranger in the back, ha, ha, ha."
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 7 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Sun 8 Dec 2019
at 10:01
Main Game Thread
Sundri doesn't leave his seat as the commotion begins. Just your typical drunk, can't handle a drink is all Sundri thinks of the situation. This changes quickly when the burning tattoo appears. In a futile effort to relieve the burning sensation, the Dwarf throws the remains of his drink on the tattoo. Now grumbling about his wasted drink, the ugly tattoo, and the fact that his calm evening was ruined, Sundri turns around to face the rest of the room. When the caveman asks if anyone else wants to join him, the Halfling, and the waitress, Sundri sighs.

"Can never be a normal time, can it? Alright. I'm in."

The Dwarf jumps off of his seat, adjusts the robes covering his armor, and moves towards the steadily-assembling crew of misfits.
Jessica
 player, 11 posts
Sun 8 Dec 2019
at 10:15
Re: Main Game Thread
Counting off each of the three volunteers on her fingers as they step up Jessica gets to a total of four counting herself and spins about heading for the door.  ”That's what we needed, lets head off and get the bonus before they wise up or run out.”
Mark
 player, 17 posts
 HP: 15/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sun 8 Dec 2019
at 13:41
Re: Main Game Thread
"So much for the night." Mark grumbles, and starts picking up his stuff "Alright, I have nothing better to do at the moment."
Paladria
 player, 16 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 01:13
Main Game Thread
In reply to Trai Dun (msg # 33):

Paladria took a bit of offense at the Goliath's statement, and she walked right up to him fists on her hips. "You might be big, but that doesn't scare me. Everyone is big to me, and if I were afraid of big, I'd of stayed in my parent's hole in the ground. Just remember that my size puts me at eye level with your franks and beans, big man." She poked out her lip and gave a humph for good measure.
Trai Dun
 player, 29 posts
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 03:18
Main Game Thread
"Hah, fiesty one are ye. Good to be working with someone that's brave and has a strong determination. Well let's be off then." says Trai as he grabs another mug of ale and heads to the door.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 4 posts
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 14:04
Main Game Thread
Xanthas cursed softly as the pain from the mysterious tattoo swelled up in his hand. As the pain slowly faded he listened to the guard and his offer, which was quickly followed as the majority of the patrons along with one of the taverns employees made plans to actually take up the offer.

Thanks to whatever that thing some people had seen, tonight's possible easy money was gone. Looked like he may actually have to work for his money. "Fine may as well join the lot of ya. At least ta see what all the ruckus is about."
Trai Dun
 player, 30 posts
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 14:30
Main Game Thread
"Woah, I was only kidding about inviting a random stranger, but the more the merrier I guess." says Trai with some optimism and taking a swig of ale.
Paladria
 player, 20 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 15:27
Main Game Thread
Paladria laughed, “We’re all random strangers ain’t we? Come on you bunch follow the Halfling.” She looked up at Trai, “How about you carry me big guy?”
Trai Dun
 player, 32 posts
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 22:17
Main Game Thread
"Ha, sure lass. I'll give you a little taste of being the tallest one here, ha, ha, ha." and he effortlessly throws Paladria on his shoulders, giving her a piggyback ride.
Jessica
 player, 13 posts
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 02:27
Main Game Thread
Obviously not to worried about her new group's ability to keep up, or antics as they do, Jessica heads for the north gate, looking for more evidence of the city guards having set up some sort of signup station and hopefully not a trap.
Trai Dun
 player, 33 posts
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 02:34
Main Game Thread
"Alright then, let's push on the north gate lads." says Trai marching on, Paladria on his back and hopefully the group in tow.
Westen
 GM, 63 posts
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 08:49
Main Game Thread
The streets are in chaos as the party wades through a sea of panicked, confused people running in every direction. Luckily, the tide of humanity parts around you like a river, or perhaps more specifically parts around Trai Dun who wades forward like a rock parting the flow. The party arrives at the northern gate within ten minutes.

Atop the gate you see a flag bearer carrying a banner which signifies the presence of a noble. It seems like the most logical rallying point for a money-hungry adventurer.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:52, Wed 11 Dec 2019.

Jessica
 player, 14 posts
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 11:08
Re: Main Game Thread
Content to follow in the wake of a convenient people mover Jessica doesn't step out ahead until they reach the relative clearing around the Noble, at which point she steps forward to speak to him.

”We have come in response to the request for groups to aid in the solving of the problem.”
Paladria
 player, 21 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 13:45
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria pointed at Jessica, ”What she said.”
Xanthas Quell
 player, 6 posts
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 13:56
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas smiles at the halflings comment, as he scans the area around them. He could use a good ranged weapon at the moment, having to have left his behind a few days earlier due to unforeseen circumstances.
Mark
 player, 22 posts
 HP: 15/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 15:18
Re: Main Game Thread
"Oi, the crier told the 'cultists' are attacking the city. What kind of cult it is that they have army rivalling a city?" he ask their wannabe employer, without any kind of introduction or paying attention that the others are already talking to it.
Westen
 GM, 65 posts
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 23:20
Re: Main Game Thread
The noble smiles at you. He is a younger human man, in his early twenties, and clearly uncomfortable in his current position. Behind him, you can see the battle taking place as hundreds of cultists engage a company of soldiers in a desperate melee.  "Greetings. The help will be greatly appreciated. At the moment I could use you in two different places. One option is to send you to plug a breach in the wall. If you do this, you will earn the 125 GP that I promised in the initial call for adventurers. The second option, however, is potentially more dangerous. We have a tunnel that opens out into the woods behind enemy lines. Normally it is a hidden escape tunnel, in case we need to evacuate the local count or higher personage during a siege. We believe the tunnel actually lets out somewhere near their command structure. A small group such as yourself could use this tunnel to strike their camp, and possibly cut off the head of this attack. Given the hazard involved, we are offering 350 GP and an unlanded noble title for each person involved if you succeed. The choice is yours, I will not compel you to choose the second option, but if you did, you could potentially save the lives of dozens if not hundreds of soldiers.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:21, Wed 11 Dec 2019.

Trai Dun
 player, 34 posts
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 23:31
Re: Main Game Thread
"A noble title! Like a par knight, well you can call me Sir Trai Dun for I and me party shall pick option 2, what say you lads." Trai says grinning that same ugly grin,"I'll cut down the head of this cultist bastards personally.
Ha,ha,ha."

Jessica
 player, 15 posts
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 02:55
Re: Main Game Thread
Jessica lets the others say their piece, but once the noble frames the objectives she steps back in and pulls his attention to her to speak with him more directly.  ”What my boisterous friend here means to say is that we agree with your assessment, taking out their leadership is likely the best plan.  Do you have anything we can take with us that will make that task more likely to work?”

This message was last edited by the player at 02:55, Thu 12 Dec 2019.

Westen
 GM, 67 posts
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 03:42
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Jessica (msg # 52):

The noble nods. "You understand, this is an emergency situation. As such we have few resources, and little opportunity to gather them. The mages we have need their cards too much for the ongoing battle to part with them at the moment. Still, we can offer you two potions of healing each, as well as a single potion of invisibility we acquired from the stockpile of confiscated goods at the local jailhouse. Also, if you need any form of ammo such as arrows, or bolts, we can ensure you are well stocked before you depart."
Paladria
 player, 23 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 17:40
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria said, ”I think it most generous of you, thank you. I agree with my comrades, we will try and save many soldier’s lives.”
Mark
 player, 23 posts
 HP: 15/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 18:15
Re: Main Game Thread
"Agreed." Mark nods "How large is that escape tunnel?"
Xanthas Quell
 player, 7 posts
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 18:59
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas grins, "Looks like we are going to go play with the rats. Though I do have one small question. Should we fail, whats to keep the enemy from finding the tunnel and using it? Of course I guess they all could be totally inept at tracking."
Westen
 GM, 68 posts
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 19:19
Re: Main Game Thread
The noble looks to mark first. "the tunnel is just wide enough for a single person to pass through at a time." he turns to Xanthas next."first they would have to know it was there. the entrance is both physically and magically camouflaged to make it nearly impossible to locate. I doubt they could find it even if someone gave them a map. Second, the entrance is purpose-built to only open from the inside. Third, the entrance, and tunnels are made from magically reinforced stone designed to comfortably withstand sixth-tier magic. Finally, If they do somehow breach all of these defensive measures, I have a... contingency option which I cannot discuss with you. Trust me, this tunnel was built in a far more paranoid time."
Mark
 player, 24 posts
 HP: 15/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 19:50
Re: Main Game Thread
"And how are we getting back? Or are we attacking the army from behind then?"
Westen
 GM, 69 posts
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 20:08
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Mark (msg # 58):

The noble taps his chin in thought as if this is the first time this had occurred to him. "Hmmm that is a problem. I was operating under the assumption that the cultists would break without their leadership, but I suppose they won't just flee right away." after a moment of silent contemplation the noble digs around in his pocket, producing a worn-looking necklace with a medallion acting as the centerpiece. "Here, take this. My suggestion is that when the deed is done, you circle around to the southern gate. The cultists are exclusively attacking the northern gate for the moment, so it should he safe to enter through there. This is a guard medallion. Normally, I keep it as a memento of a friend, but to save your lives is a noble enough cause to part with it for a short while. I would appreciate if you would return it when you get the chance. By the way, I believe in my hurry, I've forgotten to give you my name, my apologies. My name is Kesten Taya, son of count Taya, ruler of the county in which you find yourselves."
Trai Dun
 player, 35 posts
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 20:17
Re: Main Game Thread
"Nice to meet you lad." Trai says eying that amulet greedily,"Uhm, does anybody need an invisibility potion."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:19, Thu 12 Dec 2019.

Mark
 player, 25 posts
 HP: 15/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 21:40
Re: Main Game Thread
[off]we will probably decide who will get the invis potion when we are in a situation where one can use it - probably a rogue.[/off]

"Sending us to a mission, without a thought whether we return. Just like back in the flight." he nods again, like it was totally fine "Hardly a challenge. Let's not waste our time, I will hack anyone to pieces who gets in my way. Just show us the entrance of this tunnel." he then takes off for the job.
Paladria
 player, 24 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 22:26
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria pinched Trai’s ear when he eyed he badge. ”Best pass that to the young lady,” She pointed at Jessica. ”I believe we are in agreement? If so, lets all head for the tunnel.”
Trai Dun
 player, 36 posts
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 22:50
Re: Main Game Thread
"Hmm, fine here." he passes the amulet to Jessica,"But before we go, I would like to get us paid up front, 125 gold each. I think you can arrange that boy."
Jessica
 player, 16 posts
Sat 14 Dec 2019
at 00:40
Re: Main Game Thread
Following the noble's description of the intended goal closely Jessica seems drawn into the tale, and perhaps the story about the amulet, a bit to much.  Clearly more accustom to hearing about these kinds of events afterwards in tavern stories than participating in them directly it takes her a second to realize that things are moving along a little bit quickly.

Accepting, and almost snatching the amulet from Trai she manages to not quite glare at him before turning back to the young Kesten. ”Don't worry to much about their gruff behavior, they are just worried about the town and focused on finding a solution, I am sure the typical thing to do is provide the signing bonus up front, and the payment for the task itself upon completion, which will be perfectly acceptable in addition to the generous amount of supplies you have been able to provide.”

This message was last edited by the player at 07:06, Sat 14 Dec 2019.

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 11 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Sat 14 Dec 2019
at 06:17
Re: Main Game Thread
While Jessica handles the amulet, Sundri (snapping back to attention after letting his mind wander) grabs the invisibility potion.

"I'll hold onta this fer tha time bein'."
Westen
 GM, 72 posts
Sun 15 Dec 2019
at 22:01
Re: Main Game Thread
Kesten sighs. "I suppose it is fair. I will provide the original base pay as an advance, and award the rest to you during the awards ceremony for your noble titles." Kesten waves a hand dismissively at one of his attendants. The man roots through a nearby crate before handing each of the party members a bag filled with 125 gp. He then roots through the crate again, handing each party member 2 potions of healing. The potion of invisibility goes to Jessica since she seems to be the leader.
"Now, is there anything else I can do for you before I send you on your way?" Kesten asks.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:09, Sun 15 Dec 2019.

Trai Dun
 player, 37 posts
Sun 15 Dec 2019
at 22:14
Re: Main Game Thread
"Nope, I think that's done, come on lads. We'll head on our merry way."  says Trai itching for battle.
Paladria
 player, 26 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Sun 15 Dec 2019
at 23:13
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria shouted "Onward!" in a voice that was far too excited for the situation at hand...one might use the term gleeful.
Westen
 GM, 76 posts
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 02:37
Re: Main Game Thread
Kesten nods, and waves forward a subordinate. "Mason here will show you to the tunnel." Mason nods without speaking, and begins walking. He leads the party down the stairs and into a building next to the wall. He pushes on a section of wall, which depresses an inch; causing a trapdoor made of flagstone identical to the floor to spring upright. Mason turns to Jessica. "The tunnel is a straight shot to the end. When you reach what seems to be a dead end, press the stone in front of you about 3 feet up in the exact middle. That should open up the wall. Proceed forward again, and you should reach the stairs that lead upward to the trapdoor. Press the blue-colored stone to the right of the trapdoor. It's a very small stone that's intentionally difficult to see. From there, the trapdoor will open, and you want to head straight north. That's where the bandit camp will be."
Jessica
 player, 17 posts
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 08:09
Re: Main Game Thread
Jessica accepts the payment as the conclusion of their deal, quickly stuffing it into her bag before following Mason through the wall, listening carefully to both his instructions and any other sounds of things moving in the dark. ”I doubt we will have much trouble with it.”
Mark
 player, 28 posts
 HP: 15/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 21:06
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark takes the money and the potions, then greets Mason "Aid us in our pact." and then follows him to the secret tunnels. When they arrive, he looks at his new teammates "Let's do this then." he says, and enters the tunnel.
Trai Dun
 player, 38 posts
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 22:52
Re: Main Game Thread
"Those cultist won't know what hit them. Let's go!" Trai says to the party and heads to the tunnel. Weapons at the ready.
Paladria
 player, 27 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 22:55
Re: Main Game Thread
At the tunnel she hopped down off her large meatshield and scampered into the lead. "I'll keep an eye out for traps." She giggled at her own joke...who would trap an escape tunnel?

18:01, Today: Paladria rolled 16 using 1d20+4.  Perception. Just In Case...

This message was last edited by the player at 23:02, Mon 16 Dec 2019.

Westen
 GM, 77 posts
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 02:41
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Paladria (msg # 73):

Luckily, as Paladria guessed, no one in their right mind would leave traps in their own escape tunnel. As a bonus though, when the party reaches the fake wall, her keen attention to detail allows her to hear the faint sound of people talking behind behind the wall, as well as the slight seam in the stone indicating the location of the button to activate the wall.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 12 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 07:22
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri follows up in the rear of the pack of misfits, feeling right at home in the claustrophobic tunnel. When the end is finally reached, Sundri does a final check of his gear to make sure he's ready. Voices on the other side of the hidden door likely mean a fight will soon be had. Better to be ready now than dead later.
Paladria
 player, 28 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 14:09
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria held up her hand for everyone to stop. She pointed at her ear, the the “door” then she made talking motions with her hand. Indicating “I hear someone talking.” Then she put palms down, “do we wait?” And then pointed at the door and shrugged “or do we go now and just say fuck it with the whole stealthy thing?”
Trai Dun
 player, 39 posts
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 14:46
Re: Main Game Thread
"I'm down with a full-on attack, but I'm also okay with being stealthy, what do you all think." Trai says quietly to the party, unsheathing his scimitar.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 8 posts
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 15:02
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas eased past the others and joined Paladria, "Lets see if we can make out anything they are saying first." Motioning for the other to be as quiet as possible he pressed his ear against the stone in an attempt to overhear the outside conversation.

OOC: 10:00, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 11 using 1d20+2.  Perception.
Westen
 GM, 79 posts
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 17:24
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Xanthas Quell (msg # 78):

You hear scattered words on the other side of the wall. You can't really hear most of what they're saying, but you get the impression that they're arguing over how to open the wall.
Mark
 player, 29 posts
 HP: 15/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 21:14
Re: Main Game Thread
"The tunnel has been discovered." says Mark, and readies his sword "Let's go and hack them to pieces." he adds intelligently. He is growing rather impatient from the waiting, and you can hear his voice that he is ready to jump.
Paladria
 player, 29 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 21:53
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria turned to the side and made an “after you hand gesture...
Trai Dun
 player, 40 posts
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 22:03
Re: Main Game Thread
"Let someone with real muscles lead the way." Trai says as he push the button on the wall and readies an attack.
Paladria
 player, 30 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 22:18
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria will hide behind someone else amd ready her shortbow for an attack.
Westen
 GM, 80 posts
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 23:05
Re: Main Game Thread
The stone wall falls downward with a loud grinding noise, as if something has been removed from beneath it. When it lands with a crashing sound, the top fits perfectly as if it was just another flagstone in the floor. In front of you are a squad of cultists who are staring in openmouthed shock at the party as you pile out of the tunnel.

OOC note: since we didn't define the formation ahead of time, anyone can claim any of the player slots from the tunnel. The tunnel is wide enough that you can easily squeeze past someone who's ahead of you in the tunnel, but enemies can't squeeze past you so you can use it as a chokepoint or not as you see fit. To view the battle map, open this google sheets link:
https://docs.google.com/spread...yN0/edit?usp=sharing
Paladria
 player, 31 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 23:09
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria Goes to P3 and Hide before the door opened
18:09, Today: Paladria rolled 19 using 1d20+4.  Stealth.
She also Redied her bow to attack
18:11, Today: Paladria rolled 11 using 1d20+5.  S.Bow Attack.


Her arrow went wide. She took a second shot.

18:12, Today: Paladria rolled 18 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.
18:13, Today: Paladria rolled 10 using 1d20+5.  Attack.


Her second arrow missed as well. She will press herself against the wall so as not to get stepped on as others rush past.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:15, Thu 19 Dec 2019.

Westen
 GM, 83 posts
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 23:52
Re: Main Game Thread
The cultist fighters react moderately quickly with 12 initiative
The cultist rogue reacts immediately, getting 18 initiative
The cultist wizard starts fumbling with his deck, getting an initiative of 4
Trai Dun
 player, 41 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 00:23
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai will go to P1 and moves toward the cultist fighter.
08:14, Today: Trai Dun rolled 4 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.

Trai attempts to charge but is having a bit of a hangover problem.
Bonus Action: Rage
Action: Scimitar Att
08:19, Today: Trai Dun rolled 11 using 1d20+6.  Scimitar att.

He counters this hangover by taking off his coat and entering in a rage. He reveals multiple claw marks on his muscular physique and a bear tattoo on his left shoulder. He moves to the nearest fighter and attempts to strike him with a Scimitar.
Action: Scimitar Attack
08:28, Today: Trai Dun rolled 25 using 1d20+6.  Scimitar Att .
08:30, Today: Trai Dun rolled 11 using 1d6+6.  Scimitar Dmg.
Bonus Action: Handaxe throw
08:31, Today: Trai Dun rolled 16 using 1d20+6.  Handaxe
08:32, Today: Trai Dun rolled 10 using 1d6+6.  Handaxe dmg.

He strikes again, this time leaving a nasty wound to the cultist fighter, and he throws a handaxe to the wizard.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:34, Fri 20 Dec 2019.

Jessica
 player, 18 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 00:54
Re: Main Game Thread
Jessica gestures to the door and steps to the side to let the more close combat inclined folks go first.  ”We should try to keep any of them from escaping if we want to keep anything like stealth.”
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 13 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 09:46
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri, from near the back of the line, hurls a shard of razor-sharp ice towards the bulk of the cultists. Sundri's hastily-aimed spell flies over the heads of his targets; missing completely.

01:37, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 12 using 1d20+1.  Initiative.
I'll stand in P5, and send an Ice Knife towards CF2 (and miss horribly).

01:38, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 8 using 1d20+6.  Ice Knife Attack On Cultist.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 9 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 15:05
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas is more than happy to let the more melee attuned of the group charge into the fight. He presses himself up against the wall in an attempt to avoid being seen by the cultists and readies himself to move if or when the others are clear.

OOC: 09:41, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 27 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.

09:41, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Initiative.

Mark
 player, 31 posts
 HP: 15/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 18:29
Re: Main Game Thread
If Trai and I move to K23 and M23 we can prevent the cultist of reaching the others.
12:28, Today: Mark rolled 1 using 1d20-2.  init.
19:24, Today: Mark rolled 12 using 1d20+5.  attack.


Mark runs ahead to block the cultists, and does a very poorly executed attack.
Westen
 GM, 88 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 23:01
Re: Main Game Thread
The cultist rogue disappears from the parties attention, finding an area not lit by the cultists torch to hide in. (Stealth roll of 22)

Though the Cultist fighters are clad only in red robes, and wielding relatively mundane shields, they manage to deflect the initial barrage of projectiles with a reflexive movement of their shields. Forming into a single line a few feet from the entrance, the cultist in the middle pulls out a crossbow, and fires it at Trai Dun (attack roll 15) missing him as the shot goes wide. The cultist curses under his breath as he reloads the weapon.

Jessica's target deflects her firebolt with his shield. Taking advantage of the fighter's shield being out of position, Trai charges in and feints (intentionally or not) his sword in one direction, opening up the fighter even further. The fighter's guard has been opened sufficiently that Trai is able to thrust his sword directly through the man's kneck.  The cultist falls to the floor dead, opening up the wizard they had been protecting to a quickly thrown axe which lands directly in the center of the wizard's forehead; killing him instantly.

Despite the fact that she is pressed against the wall, Mark still manages to stumble over Paladria as he charges forward. Though neither is actually hurt, Mark loses his opportunity to act in the crucial first moments of the fight.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:07, Fri 20 Dec 2019.

Trai Dun
 player, 43 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 23:34
Re: Main Game Thread
07:25, Today: Trai Dun rolled 9 using 1d20+7.  Perception check.
Trai attempts to spot the rogue but is too bloodthirsty to notice.
Action: Scimitar Attack on nearest cultist.
07:29, Today: Trai Dun rolled 26 using 1d20+6.  Scimitar att
07:30, Today: Trai Dun rolled 15 using 2d6+4.  Critical hit
Bonus Action: Handaxe attack on nearest fighter.
07:32, Today: Trai Dun rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Handaxe att

Trai slashes at the nearest cultist he could find, leaving a brutal strike on his foe. He then grabs another handaxe and strikes it on a cultist but misses.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:36, Fri 20 Dec 2019.

Mark
 player, 34 posts
 HP: 15/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 09:47
Re: Main Game Thread
10:46, Today: Mark rolled 13 using 1d20+5.  attack.
I would also move to M24.


Mark is waving his weapon around, but misses each time.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:52, Sat 21 Dec 2019.

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 14 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 10:45
Re: Main Game Thread
Rolling his eyes at his own incredibly poor attack, Sundri resolves to try again with a different card. A quick bolt of fire magic is sent careening into the room from the tunnel; striking one of the cultists in the chest.

Casting Firebolt on either CF2 or CF3 (if CF2 dies before my turn). Hit AC 19 for 5 Fire Damage.

02:39, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 19 using 1d20+6.  Firebolt Attack On Cultist.
02:39, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 5 using 1d10.  Firebolt Damage On Cultist.

Westen
 GM, 90 posts
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 21:02
Re: Main Game Thread
(since Mark got his turn at the beginning of the round, he is in position for this. Next round, he'll get his turn at the end of the round)
Focused on attacking the line of cultists, Mark fails to see the rogue coming in from the side. The rogue takes advantage of this, sticking a knife in his back for 7 damage.


12:59, Today: Westen, for the NPC NPC Rogue Sneak Attack, rolled 3 using 1d6.

12:59, Today: Westen, for the NPC Rogue Damage, rolled 4 using 1d4+1.

12:58, Today: Westen, for the NPC Rogue Attack, rolled 19 using 1d20+4.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:06, Sat 21 Dec 2019.

Paladria
 player, 34 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Sun 22 Dec 2019
at 19:42
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria stayed put, firing off another arrow which sailed wide. Her luck was just not with her today.

13:27, Today: Paladria rolled 14 using 1d20+5.  attack w/ S.Bow
Staying in my square, letting the big people do the heavy lifting.

Jessica
 player, 19 posts
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 10:47
Re: Main Game Thread
Spotting the rogue's move a little bit to late Jessica steps up to the end of the corridor, just before entering the room, and shoots the sneaky fellow with a firebolt for his troubles, burning him seriously but not fatally.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:13, Mon 23 Dec 2019.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 10 posts
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 13:54
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas moves 15' forward along the tunnel before vanishing. Reappearing behind one of the fighters engaged with Mark he attacks the cultist.

OOC: 15' of his standard movement.

Bonus action to use Fey Step.

Attack w/ Sneak Att.

08:51, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 21 using 1d20+8.  Rapier Att.

08:52, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 12,6 using 1d8+6,1d6.  Rapier Dam. + Sneak Att.

18 Damage.

Westen
 GM, 92 posts
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 16:12
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri's spell hits fighter CF2, leaving a nasty burn, but not a fatal wound.

Even as the guard in the middle falls, one of the fighters next to Xanthas swings at him with his shortsword. Xanthas bends out of the way, watching as Mark parries a blow from the other fighter.

Meanwhile, the fighter next to Trai Dun manages to stick their shortsword a foot into his gut, scoring a critical for 9 damage.

Trai's opponent is dispatched by Trai's attack. (see Trai's post)
(round ends)

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:24, Mon 23 Dec 2019.

Trai Dun
 player, 44 posts
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 22:39
Re: Main Game Thread
Action: Scimitar Att used on nearby fighter
06:30, Today: Trai Dun rolled 7 using 1d20+6.  Scimitar Att
Bonus Action: Handaxe thrown on rogue.
06:31, Today: Trai Dun rolled 24 using 1d20+6.  Handaxe Att.
06:33, Today: Trai Dun rolled 7 using 1d6+6.  Handaxe dmg

That strike only scratch Trai, so he delivers another strike to his foes but misses. However, he spots the enemy rogue who is not stealthed and throws his handaxe at him.
Mark
 player, 35 posts
 HP: 7/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 11:04
Re: Main Game Thread
12:02, Today: Mark rolled 13 using 2d8+3.
12:01, Today: Mark rolled 25 using 1d20+5.  attack.


The hit enrages Mark, and releases of his anger on the fighter instead.
Paladria
 player, 35 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 13:40
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria fired her bow and missed again. This just wasn’t her night. Halflings were usually lucky, she was beginning to feel like her luck might have run out.

08:38, Today: Paladria rolled 11 using 1d20+5.  Longbow Attack.
Dice Roller hates me...:-(

Jessica
 player, 20 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 23:54
Re: Main Game Thread
As the fight quickly turns against the ill prepared cultists and only one remains Jessica shoots another firebolt at him, crippling but not killing him with a burn more painful than destructive.
Westen
 GM, 95 posts
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 02:50
Re: Main Game Thread
Now that Mark is aware of him, the cultist rogue finds himself unable to penetrate Mark's defenses; a quick stab of his knife sliding along Mark's chainmail without causing damage.

Westen, for the NPC Cultist Rogue Attack, rolled 7 using 1d20+4.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:52, Thu 26 Dec 2019.

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 16 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 06:25
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri advances closer to the fight-en-progress while throwing a second firebolt. Unfortunately, throwing spells while moving does not equate to accurate firing; the shot narrowly misses the Dwarf's intended target.

Move to L26, cast Firebolt on either CF2 or CF5 (if CF2 dies before my turn). Miss.

21:52, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 14 using 1d20+6 with rolls of 8.  Firebolt Attack On Cultist.
21:52, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 9 using 1d10 with rolls of 9.  Firebolt Attack On Cultist.

OOC: I accidentally rolled the damage before the attack, but it didn't matter; still missed.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 11 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 05:06
Re: Main Game Thread
Deciding the rogue is the biggest threat, Xanthas disengages from the fighter, maneuvering to stand behind the rogue, and stabbing him in the back before he can react.

Xanthas Quell, rolled 22 using 1d20+6.
Xanthas Quell, rolled 7 using 1d8.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:07, Mon 30 Dec 2019.

Westen
 GM, 100 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 05:13
Re: Main Game Thread
Almost simultaneously, the remaining cultists are dispatched by the parties attacks; leaving the corridor eerily silent after the violent noise of the brief altercation.

Each party member receives 175 XP
Trai Dun
 player, 46 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 05:25
Re: Main Game Thread
"Ha, ha, ha! We were victorious, they never stood a chance. Now to loot the spoils of our foes." Trai laughs, and he proceeds to retrieve his handaxes back and search the cultists pocket for any values.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:26, Mon 30 Dec 2019.

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 17 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 08:53
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri shrugs as the Caveman immediately sets about looting the dead.

"Suppose that's how ya do it in tha caves. Whatever makes ya 'appy."

The wizard moves past the dead cultists to keep his eyes open for any reinforcements headed their way, while contemplating his failure to be very effective in silence.
Mark
 player, 37 posts
 HP: 7/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 11:28
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Sundri Grudge-Bearer (msg # 110):

"We will need all the help we can get." Mark replies Sundri, as the wizard expresses how grave robbing is far from his tastes "You can't be a good adventurer if you are a dead adventurer." then marks Analyze helps the rest of the loot with Trai.
Jessica
 player, 21 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 11:41
Re: Main Game Thread
With the fight, and life, knocked out of their opponents Jessica pauses for a moment to look around the room at the destruction, but no longer, before she starts making what she obviously thinks are good ideas sound like orders. ”When you are done taking anything useful off of each body, drag it behind the door into the cave, I will clean the room of signs of battle so if others come to investigate they won't immediately know there is a door here.”
Paladria
 player, 37 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 14:07
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria retrieved her errant arrows and went to keep watch with the dwarf. She nodded, ”Did anyone get hurt? I can heal you.” She was reaching to her pocket for one of her spell cards.
Westen
 GM, 102 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 18:10
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai finds 52 Sp, and a healing potion. All of the fighters hold generic shortswords, and shields. The wizard and the rogue both carry daggers. Also, they're all wearing identical blood-red robes. Only 3 of the robes are visibly undamaged from the fighting.

As the last of the party wanders into the room beyond the stone trick door, it slowly grinds back into place. Even those that know what to look for don't see a trigger to reopen the passage.
Mark
 player, 38 posts
 HP: 7/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 18:40
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark takes the healing potion, and drinks it regardless of what the others say. "Did you find anything useful on the wizard? Or just mere coins?" he asks Trai.

Later when in the tunnel, once again takes the front row.

19:40, Today: Mark rolled 4 using 2d4+2.  healingpotion.
Typical.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:41, Mon 30 Dec 2019.

Paladria
 player, 38 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 18:43
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria tried to stop Mark, ”Wait. I can heal you! Don’t...” She smacked her forehead with her hand, ”...and you did it anyway. Why do I even bother speaking?! WHY?!”
Trai Dun
 player, 47 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 22:38
Re: Main Game Thread
"Hmm, let me check. Unless this wizard soulbound all their cards, their must be some left." Trai search the wizard thoroughly for magic cards. Then he will put the bodies behind the door into the cave.
Westen
 GM, 103 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 23:29
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Trai Dun (msg # 117):

Unfortunately, the wizard did soulbind his cards. Trai watches as the cards ignite into a mystical green fire, leaving nothing behind.
Trai Dun
 player, 48 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 23:36
Re: Main Game Thread
"Hmm, guess he did soulbound all his card, and the passages seemed closed, oh well." Trai says, leaving the bodies on the now closed door, and takes the front row as well."Well let's head off then."
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 18 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 07:29
Re: Main Game Thread
While Mark chugs back the potion -- much to Paladria's annoyance -- Sundri responds to the Dragonborn.

"Never said I 'ad a problem with lootin' tha dead. Jus' thought tha speed in tha caveman doin' so was odd, s'all."
Trai Dun
 player, 49 posts
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 08:46
Re: Main Game Thread
"Nothing odd with taking the possessions of our slain foes, after all with did earn it. Oh and I'll of course safeguard the coins I found." says Trai pocketing the silver pieces in his backpack, "You can trust me word on it that I won't steal, and that's a sailors promise of which I am."
Jessica
 player, 22 posts
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 10:52
Re: Main Game Thread
Clearly not concerned with the date of a few silver coins, or their appropriate value in spare parts she can't use herself Jessica shakes her head slightly as the shortest lived magic item she had ever seen is expended uselessly in very nearly the same motion as it is acquired.  Rather than persue that lost cause she turns her attention to the exit.

”With nowhere to hide the bodies and no secure path back we will need to go forward as quickly and quietly as possible, if anyone needs to do something loud before see go then now is the time.”
Paladria
 player, 39 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 01:49
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria threw up her arms in disgust. "Fine, I'll just save it to heal myself then."
Mark
 player, 39 posts
 HP: 11/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 09:35
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Paladria (msg # 123):

"Yeah." replies to Paladria, then proceeds in the tunnel "Let's go, finish our job instead."
Westen
 GM, 106 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 09:57
Re: Main Game Thread
The party reaches the end of the tunnel where the tunnel leads to the trapdoor to the surface.
Trai Dun
 player, 51 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 10:00
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai follows Mark towards the tunnel."Allow me scaly one." Trai attempts to open the trapdoor towards the tunnel without any stealth whatsoever.
Jessica
 player, 24 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 10:09
Re: Main Game Thread
Jessica watches the two perhaps excessively courageous fellows charge out of the tunnel for just a few moments before she glances at Paladria and shrugs before she picks up one of the least damage cloaks on her way out as she follows them with just enough distance that anything that explodes in their faces is unlikely to get to her.
Paladria
 player, 40 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 14:54
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria rolled hers eyes in an exaggerated fashion and jerked her thumb at the men. She fell in behind Jessica, content now to let the men be meatshields.
Westen
 GM, 107 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 19:20
Re: Main Game Thread
Muttering can be heard on the other side of the trapdoor in the second before Trai charges out blindly. "It's been a while, do you think they're ok in there?" The cultist asks his fellow before turning to stare at the large mountain of a man charging out of the tunnel.
(roll for initiative)

Map link: https://docs.google.com/spread...RN4/edit?usp=sharing

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:52, Thu 02 Jan 2020.

Westen
 GM, 108 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 19:52
Re: Main Game Thread
Most of the enemy reacts at a fairly normal speed except for the enemy wizard, who is clearly hung over, and groggy with dark rings under his eyes.

Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighters Init, rolled 14 using 1d20+2.
Westen, for the NPC Cultist Cleric Init, rolled 14 using 1d20+1.
Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Init, rolled 12 using 1d20+3.
Westen, for the NPC Cultist Wizard Init, rolled 4 using 1d20+1.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 11 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 23:09
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas, still in the tunnel, realizes what is happening before the fight even happens. Not in time to stop Trai from charging forward, but quickly enough to be prepared for the battle ahead of time.
Westen, on behalf of Xanthas Quell, rolled 26 using 1d20+6.

This message was last updated by the GM at 23:09, Thu 02 Jan 2020.

Mark
 player, 40 posts
 HP: 11/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 21:05
Re: Main Game Thread
"I hope you made peace with your weird ass floating guy!" shouts Mark, and strafes to the right flaking the cultists, taking off one of the fighters right off the bat (CF2).

22:02, Today: Mark rolled 10 using 1d8+3.  damage.
22:01, Today: Mark rolled 18 using 1d20+5.
22:01, Today: Mark rolled 13 using 1d20-2.  initiative.

Paladria
 player, 41 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 21:18
Re: Main Game Thread
16:17, Today: Paladria rolled 9 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.

Paladria hides behind her comrades.

Action will be to Stealth
16:20, Today: Paladria rolled 11 using 1d20+4.  Stealth

This message was last edited by the player at 21:21, Thu 02 Jan 2020.

Jessica
 player, 25 posts
 HP: 9/9 AC: 17
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 21:27
Re: Main Game Thread
Picking out the Wizard as an easy target right off the bat, and not needing to do any of that time consuming running thing Jessica just puts a flaming hole in the man's chest right away, long before whatever sickness is effecting him can matter.  Almost as an afterthought she takes a few steps back from the trap door, and to the left to be behind some trees.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:28, Thu 02 Jan 2020.

Trai Dun
 player, 52 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 22:50
Re: Main Game Thread
06:41, Today: Trai Dun rolled 9 using 1d20+3.  Initiative
Trai feels a bit winded since the last battle, making him slow down his reaction time.
Bonus Action:Rage
Action: Scimitar Att at CF1
06:45, Today: Trai Dun rolled 8 using 1d20+6.  Scimitar Attack

Trai flexes his muscles and charges at the cultist but his attack is block by their armor.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 19 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 09:41
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri rolls his eyes as the caveman fails to understand his point just as Mark had, and then rolls them again as yet another battle breaks out. The wizard takes up position behind Trai Dun, and hastily throws a firebolt wide of the cultists.

Move to M22, Firebolt CF1 (or CF2 if CF1 is already dead). Miss, as per normal.

01:11, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 10 using 1d20+1.  Initiative.
01:11, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 11 using 1d20+6.  Firebolt Attack On Cultist.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 11 posts
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:42
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas enters stealth, using Trai as a distraction, and moves up the middle between CF1 and CF2, making a stealth attack on CF3. Unfortunately, the rapier passes harmlessly through the cloth. The unexpected lack of resistance causes Xanthas to trip; meaning next turn he will have to choose between moving or attacking again. (nat 1 roll)

5:38, Today: Westen, on behalf of Xanthas Quell, rolled 7 using 1d20+6.  Attack.
15:32, Today: Westen, on behalf of Xanthas Quell, rolled 15 using 1d20+6. Init

This message was last updated by the GM at 23:42, Fri 03 Jan 2020.

Westen
 GM, 116 posts
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 00:17
Re: Main Game Thread
As the wizard dies, the fighters and cleric retaliate. CF1, 2, and 3 charge Trai, swinging at him but missing as he casually leans back away from their attacks. CF4, who had been standing by the pond, charges toward the frontlines of the fight. Meanwhile, the cleric moves up, and smashes Xanthas in the head with his mace before he can pull himself to his feet. Xanthas is knocked unconscious by the blow as his skull cracks. (HP = -4)

16:03, Today: Westen, on behalf of Xanthas Quell, rolled 16 using 1d20. Death Save
16:00, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Cleric Damage, rolled 6 using 1d6+2. Critical Hit
16:00, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Cleric Damage, rolled 6 using 1d6+2.
15:59, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Cleric Attack, rolled 21 using 1d20+1.


As Mark dispatches one of the fighters, the archers fire their bows to support their brethren. The shot aimed at Trai goes wide, but the shot aimed at Mark clips him in the thigh.


16:12, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Damage, rolled 3 using 1d6.
16:10, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Attack, rolled 22 using 1d20+3.
16:10, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Attack, rolled 14 using 1d20+3.


The remaining party members who haven't yet acted file out of the tunnel, missing their attacks. (or just plain hiding)

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:26, Sat 04 Jan 2020.

Trai Dun
 player, 54 posts
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 00:47
Re: Main Game Thread
Action: Trai uses Scimitar on CF1
08:37, Today: Trai Dun rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Scimitar Att
Bonus Action: Trai uses Handaxe on CA1
08:40, Today: Trai Dun rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Handaxe
08:42, Today: Trai Dun rolled 8 using 1d6+6.  Handaxe Dmg

Trai laughs at the fighters weak assault, "Ha, you bastards think you can beat me.", Trai swings his Scimitar but is block yet again but he spots an Archer that takes aim and misses him, so he takes a hefty swing of his handaxe and throws it right on the neck of the Archer, killing him.
Jessica
 player, 26 posts
 HP: 9/9 AC: 17
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 01:16
Re: Main Game Thread
Content to let the melee do it's thing Jessica keeps her attention on the far end of the battle, stepping back and to the right this time to get a clear shot on the first archer that comes into view, burning another hole in another cultist's chest with a bolt of fire.
Mark
 player, 41 posts
 HP: 11/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 12:03
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark continues his flank, trying to get the cleric, but misses by a long shot.

13:01, Today: Mark rolled 8 using 1d20+5.  attack.
If I see right, I can go right to N16

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 20 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Sun 5 Jan 2020
at 02:57
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri continues to haphazardly throw bolts of fire magic around, hitting nothing of note aside from the terrain.

Firebolt on CA1 (or CA2, if Jessica's attack killed the first (can't really tell what her target was 'cause she didn't say)), miss regardless.

18:55, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 12 using 1d20+6.  Firebolt Attack On Cultist.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 12 posts
Sun 5 Jan 2020
at 19:52
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas struggles against the all-consuming blackness that threatens to envelop him.


11:51, Today: Westen, on behalf of Xanthas Quell, rolled 17 using 1d20.  death save.
Paladria
 player, 43 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 17:49
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria huffed and went over to Xanthas. She touched him, took out her Cure Wounds card, and cast it on him. He could thank her later.

Cast Cure Wounds L1 on Xanthas.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 17:54, Mon 06 Jan 2020.

Westen
 GM, 121 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 02:20
Re: Main Game Thread
As Jessica's target falls, The final cultist fighter reaches the fight; swinging at Mark. The attack leaves a small gash in his arm.

17:39, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Damage, rolled 2 using 1d6+1.
17:39, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 15 using 1d20+2.


The other two fighters continue to attack Trai, but he deftly avoids their blades.


17:50, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 11 using 1d20+2.
17:50, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 9 using 1d20+2.


Due to the fighter being off-balance after his attack, Mark is able to slip past him; moving to engage the cleric. The cleric, seeing Mark headed his way, activates shield of faith on himself. The cleric gains +2 AC as Mark misses his first strike.

The remaining cultist Archer takes a potshot at Trai, which miraculously embeds itself in his forehead. Luckily the strength of his skull mitigates the damage this causes enough to prevent it from being lethal.


18:10, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Damage, rolled 1 using 1d6.
18:10, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Damage, rolled 4 using 1d6.
18:10, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Attack, rolled 23 using 1d20+3.


As Sundri accidentally causes a small grass fire, Trai kills the offending archer with a handaxe. So caught up is he in the battle, that he doesn't even realize the archer has in fact struck him.

The blackness of the abyss recedes from Xanthas as he returns to full consciousness; the pain receding due to Paladria's spell. (Xanthas regains 2 HP)

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:22, Tue 07 Jan 2020.

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 21 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 04:21
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri grits his teeth as yet another spell has missed its mark. Aside from starting a small brush fire, the wizard has done nothing worthy of note since even the first battle against the cultists! Channeling his steadily growing anger into his magic, Sundri fires another bolt; finally making contact with something more than grass.

Move to L22, Firebolt on CA1, hit (barely) for 9 Fire damage.

20:16, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 14 using 1d20+6.  Firebolt Attack On Cultist.
20:17, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 9 using 1d10.  Firebolt Damage On Cultist.

Trai Dun
 player, 56 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 04:35
Re: Main Game Thread
Action: Scimitar Att on Cf1
Bonus Action: Handaxe att on CF4
12:32, Today: Trai Dun rolled 9 using 1d6+6.  Handaxe dmg.

12:31, Today: Trai Dun rolled 16 using 1d20+6.  Handaxe att.

12:30, Today: Trai Dun rolled 11 using 1d6+6.  Scimitar Dmg.

12:30, Today: Trai Dun rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Scimitar att

Trai finishes off his foe with one slash and heavily injures another with his last axe.
Paladria
 player, 46 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 12:30
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria will attempt to hide again.

06:29, Today: Paladria rolled 7 using 1d20+4.  Stealth.
Mark
 player, 45 posts
 HP: 8/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 13:25
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark attacks the cleric one more time.

14:24, Today: Mark rolled 4 using 1d8+3.  damage.
14:24, Today: Mark rolled 21 using 1d20+5.  attack.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 13 posts
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 13:28
Re: Main Game Thread
Coming to his senses as the pain recedes Xanthas quickly regains his feet. Circling the cleric cautiously, when the cleric is between himself and Mark he launches an attack.

OOC: Half move to stand move 15' to M16

Att. Cleric: 08:25, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 22 using 1d20+8.  Att. on Cleric.

Damage: 08:26, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 11,6 using 1d8+6,1d6.  Damage w/ sneak attack. (17 Damage)

Jessica
 player, 29 posts
 HP: 9/9 AC: 17
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 14:21
Re: Main Game Thread
With all the high priority targets down Jessica just blasts the fighter in front of her, punching a whole in his chest with a bolt of flame.  Only then does she look around at the wider battle field and realize that every other potential target is down as well.  Not one to trust such an easy fight automatically she keeps herself ready and waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Westen
 GM, 125 posts
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 06:21
Re: Main Game Thread
As Xanthas eviscerates the cleric, Jessica launches a firebolt at CF3, causing 9 points of damage. The fighter clings to life despite the burn being so bad that the edge of a rib is visible.

The wounded fighter swings ineffectually at Trai, hampered by his wound, while the healthy fighter finds somewhat more success. Slashing his shortsword into Trai's chest, the fighter is caught off guard, when it bounces off his pecs. The attack only leaves a small gash for 3 damage. Meanwhile, the other fighter moves to protect the cleric; arriving just a moment too late to protect him from instant death. The angered fighter swings at Xanthas, missing his attack.


21:57, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Damage, rolled 3 using 1d6+2.
21:56, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 6 using 1d20+2.
21:56, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 7 using 1d20+2.
21:56, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 21 using 1d20+2.


Mark, not yet realizing that Xanthas has already effectively executed the cleric, swings his longsword through the cleric's head. By some quirk of physics, the blow still manages to land in CF4's shoulder for 4 points of damage.

Meanwhile, the archer, thinking it was Mark who killed the cleric, shouts in outrage; loosing an arrow that somehow misses despite the archer being a mere 10 feet away.

22:11, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Attack, rolled 5 using 1d20+3.
As Sundri finally earns his first kill on the archer, Trai takes advantage of his foe being off-balance from bouncing off his pecs; executing him even as he finishes the wounded fighter with a throwing axe that lands directly in the burn-wound.

As the dwarf moves in front of her, Paladria hides behind him.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 23 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 06:34
Re: Main Game Thread
Is that everyone dead, or am I reading it wrong?
Westen
 GM, 127 posts
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 06:37
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Sundri Grudge-Bearer (msg # 153):

CF4 is still alive.

https://docs.google.com/spread...RN4/edit?usp=sharing
Trai Dun
 player, 59 posts
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 06:45
Re: Main Game Thread
14:43, Today: Trai Dun rolled 9 using 1d20-3.  Intimidate check
Trai with an arrow still stuck to his forehead said,"Surrender now! Or be gutted and eviscerated like your comrades." and tries to be intimidating to the last fighter.
Westen
 GM, 129 posts
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 07:19
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Trai Dun (msg # 155):

The warrior squeals like a frightened pig, dropping his weapon and shield as he collapses to the ground; covering his head as if expecting to be struck down.
Paladria
 player, 48 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 16:18
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria moved the weapon away from the man who had dropped it. She let the others decide how they wanted to handle him.
Jessica
 player, 30 posts
 HP: 9/9 AC: 17
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 16:35
Re: Main Game Thread
With only a slightly exasperates sigh Jessica steps in before anyone can make the situation even worse and crouches down in front of the frightened man to bring herself to his eye level where she reaches out and adjusts his chin gently with a single finger to be the focus of his attention. ”I think perhaps we have had a bit of a misunderstanding, we are not here for you in particular, we simply need to have a conversation with some of your bosses about their plans for the city, if you can direct us to them we won't need to trouble you any more and you can go back to doing whatever it is you like to do with your personal time.”
Westen
 GM, 130 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 09:21
Re: Main Game Thread
"They're that way." The man says, pointing to the northwest. He maintains his defensive kneeling position, his other hand still on his hand.
Trai Dun
 player, 60 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 09:40
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai pulls out a 50ft of silk rope, and proceeds to tie the cultist to a nearby tree. Looting him and his dead comrades of their possessions,"Any one that would like to interrogate him more, speak up. Time is of the essence." Trai says and now notice the arrow stuck in his forehead and pulls it out.

This rope is a DC 17 strength check to burst it.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 14 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 13:17
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas moves to a good hiding spot, so he can keep watch as the others interrogate the cultist. Pausing as he passes Paladria, "Thanks for the healing, I owe you one."

08:17, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 19 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.
Paladria
 player, 49 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 14:04
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria smiled and shrugged, ”We’re a team, right? We look out for each other. I’m sure you’ll pull my bahookie out of the bonfire soon enough. Do you have a healing potion?” She asked him this as she rummaged through her own pack for one.
Mark
 player, 46 posts
 HP: 14/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 23:43
Re: Main Game Thread
00:40, Today: Mark rolled 8 using 2d4+2.  healingpotion.

You could tie the cultist to 3 trees at the same time with that many rope.


Mark starts cleaning his sword, and queries Xanthas "Are you all right sneaky fairy?" and then proceeds to drink a healing potion himself. Then he gathers the rest of the crew "We should move quickly. The siege might soon be over."
Westen
 GM, 131 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 04:44
Re: Main Game Thread
Between all the corpses, Trai finds 25 GP, a healing potion, and a copy of the "Spare The Dying" spell (Cleric cantrip) that the Cleric apparently hadn't bound to himself. The cultist starts mumbling to himself, but remains pliant as you bind him; allowing himself to be captured.

Everyone receives 200 XP for the fight.

20:37, Today: Westen, for the NPC gold, rolled 25 using 1d100+10.

The fighters have shortswords + shields, the archers have shortbows and 20 arrows in the quiver each. The cleric has a mace, and the wizard has a dagger. In case anyone wants to loot any of that.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:49, Wed 15 Jan 2020.

Trai Dun
 player, 61 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 04:53
Re: Main Game Thread
12:48, Today: Trai Dun rolled 6 using 2d4+2.  Using healing potion.
Trai immediately drinks the potion,"Ah, good stuff! Okay, these guys only got pocket change, but this cleric forgot to bound their spare the dying card. Ain't needing it no more, who wants it. If you don't want it, I'll keep it in my inventory to sell it later, har, har, har." And Trai keeps the gold in his backpack for safekeeping.

He then grabs a shield from a dead fighter,"Oh, nifty."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:55, Wed 15 Jan 2020.

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 24 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 06:56
Re: Main Game Thread
While everyone else goes about tending their injuries and looting the fallen, Sundri approaches the now-restrained cultist. Doing his best to look into the man's eyes (which is easier said than done when you're shorter than him), Sundri begins interrogating the cultist.

"Oi. How many of yer lot are protectin' yer boss? Any traps alon' tha way?"
Westen
 GM, 134 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 07:21
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Sundri Grudge-Bearer (msg # 166):

The man shrugs, then winces as if expecting to be struck. "They don't tell me anything."
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 26 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 08:21
Re: Main Game Thread
"Ya didn' need ta hear ta know. Yer eyes seem ta work jus' fine. Trus' me, lad. It'll be easier tellin' me than ta try an' tell tha caveman over there."

Sundri gestures over his shoulder at Trai Dun on the mention of the caveman; likely someone who doesn't ask for information nicely.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 15 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 13:23
Re: Main Game Thread
quote:
”We’re a team, right? We look out for each other. I’m sure you’ll pull my bahookie out of the bonfire soon enough. Do you have a healing potion?”


Xanthas shrugs at Paladria's question, "Not at the moment. Recent dealings left me a little low on coin and supplies."

quote:
"Are you all right sneaky fairy?"


Xanthas nods to the Dragonborn, "Not 100% but I will live. A little while longer anyway."

He then moves over to the equipment looted from the dead cultists and picks up a bow and quiver, "If no one objects I'll claim these."
Paladria
 player, 51 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 13:59
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria stood akimbo, giving Mark a very angry stare. ”Hey asshole, potions found as group treasure, don’t bogart them. Other people might need them.” She looked around, ”Honestly, I think this is a good place to stop and rest.” She motioned to the exit for Mark, ”Though if you want to go off by yourself I will not complain.”
Jessica
 player, 33 posts
 HP: 9/9 AC: 17
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 14:05
Re: Main Game Thread
Ignoring the halfling's outburst, but not her, Jessica turns to the captive and asks for clarification.
”When is your next check in, or do you expect a patrol to come looking for you?”
Trai Dun
 player, 65 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 14:13
Re: Main Game Thread
"Phew, I agree with the halfling. That last fight took a lot of adrenaline out of me, gonna have to be more careful for now and be less reckless. Don't want to up and die, har, har." Trai says, and smacks the cultist prisoner,"And we have a new pal/punching bag. What are you waiting, answer the lass."
Paladria
 player, 52 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 14:59
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Trai Dun (msg # 172):

Paladria brought her goggles down and smiled at her giant friend, ”Of course you agree with me, I’m the leader.” She wiggled her eyebrows. She liked the big man, he seemed to be more of a jolly giant than she first expected.
Westen
 GM, 138 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 22:18
Re: Main Game Thread
The man sighs in resignation. "Well, the leader for our army is a wizard, I know that much. I've seen him use tier 2 card before too. The thing about the troop numbers or whatever is, people are constantly filtering in and out of the camp, so there's no way to know how many people are around at any given point. There's a squad of guards though, and probably a few rangers hidden near the camp as scouts. There's a decent chance they'll keep getting reinforcements as people come in to make reports if you attack. As far as check-in, we're not really expected to check in, but they'll probably send reinforcements sometime in the next hour. We're here to secure the tunnel and breach it so they can send soldiers through. Trust me, you don't want to meet the elites they're going to send."

Sorry, I always forget to color-code things until later

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:20, Wed 15 Jan 2020.

Paladria
 player, 55 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 13:55
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria took out a card and cast it on herself. She put the card back in her pocket and began moving faster.

Cast Longstrider on herelf, increasing her normal walking speed to 35

Paladria began to head in the direction of the leader’s camp.

08:55, Today: Paladria rolled 22 using 1d20+4.  Stealth.
Half speed because stealthing (speed is 17)

This message was last edited by the player at 23:29, Thu 16 Jan 2020.

Trai Dun
 player, 67 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 23:25
Re: Main Game Thread
"Looks like our little friend went off on a scouting mission. So anybody want to set up camp and take a short break." Trai say, keeping the spare the dying card in his inventory.
Jessica
 player, 36 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 00:18
Re: Main Game Thread
Focused on the interrogation with the captive Jessica isn't to worried about micro managing everyone's actions or their banter, but she does offer an assessment of the overall situation. ”If what he says is true we don't want to set up anything here, or have time to take a break.  Their reinforcements will be passing through here soon so we can decide if we want to leave the bodies or clean up but either way we should get moving.  I suggest we take everything, and everyone, out of here and clean the place up so it looks like they just abandoned the job.”
Mark
 player, 48 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 21:20
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Paladria (msg # 170):

"Hey, this one is mine! I was given, so I could use it. Deal with it." Mark responds to the inquiry.
Trai Dun
 player, 68 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 09:22
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Jessica (msg # 177):

"Good idea, but I suggest we leave them, they got rangers on their side. A rangers got basic skills in tracking, even a novice ranger can tell that a battle was had here, just takes one blood trail and, poof, they found a pile of bodies. Theirs also the fact that this lad is still alive." and he points at the cultist prisoner, "Best to leave him and the bodies as a warning, what say you lad, would you like to tell your fellow acolytes to abandon your foolish quest or would you rather be a warning sign like your dead buddies."
Westen
 GM, 140 posts
Sun 19 Jan 2020
at 00:59
Re: Main Game Thread
The cultist doesn't meet Trai's eyes. "I'd rather stay here."
Jessica
 player, 38 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Sun 19 Jan 2020
at 05:23
Re: Main Game Thread
Clearly not keen on the adjustment to her plan Jessica shakes her head at Trai. ”Leaving them here is the easy way, and may offer the suggestion of some kind of fear, but we can't leave someone here alive who knows us well enough to expose our identities or anything about us to them, so staying alive and here won't be an acceptable option, if we don't bring him with us alive we leave him here with his friends.

I still think we have time to clean away the bodies before we go, but the longer we spend deciding the less likely that becomes.”

Trai Dun
 player, 69 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 21:56
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai thinks for a moment,"Hmm, fine, fine, will have it your way. I'll take the cultist, someone take care of the bodies,
and I'm guessing the little halfling will arrive after we finish cleaning up, so we will move together."

Paladria
 player, 56 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 12:38
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria returned to the group, "There are four scouts who think they are hidden but I got them spotted; some kind of command tent with six guards. There is what sounded like a tavern in another tent. I would guess it can hold no more that 6."
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 28 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 07:50
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri leaves the likely-doomed cultist to join the discussions.

"So we've got ten foes at most? Sounds like a tough battle, but somethin' we can handle. I can put a 'andful of 'em ta sleep; make it easier ta handle tha rest. Sounds fair?"
Trai Dun
 player, 70 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 08:10
Re: Main Game Thread
"If it's that many I think we can handle it. Okay, then dwarf, you and the rest can handle the guards. Me and the halfling will take out the scouts. Is everyone in agreement on this plan." Trai says laying the cultist down and gagging him with a sock.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 29 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 08:15
Re: Main Game Thread
Seeing Trai Dun's makeshift gag, Sundri can't help but retch.

"Please tell me that sock's clean. Last thing I need ta think of is tha taste of yer dirty feet in a man's mouth..."
Trai Dun
 player, 71 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 08:22
Re: Main Game Thread
"Well, I'm not sure who's sock this is. I just found it one day on a barrel of rum I was drinking and I was compelled to keep it. I knew one day I would find a purpose for it. And I assure you theirs nothing disgusting about it, well except for the fact that I had to puke it out of my throat, but it was either that or the other way around right." and he gives out a hearty laugh smacking the sock further in the cultist mouth.
Jessica
 player, 39 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 11:50
Re: Main Game Thread
Not interested in the sock Keeps her focus on the things that matter.
”It sounds like their camp is to close for a long con to work, so we go with a short one.
Take the survivor with us in case we need a distraction, the two of you can sneak up on the scouts one at a time, if that works we wait for the team that is coming here in an hour to get moving.  Then we hit their camp and hope that fewer than sixteen plus their leader are there.”

Paladria
 player, 57 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 13:48
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria saluted and looked up at Trai, ”You sure about this, big guy? You don’t seem too stealthy to me.”
Xanthas Quell
 player, 16 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 13:51
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas grinned, "I don't know Paladria I have seen some big guys who are pretty stealthy. Besides if he isn't, then you should have no problem. They will be more intent on killing him."
Paladria
 player, 58 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 13:56
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria grinned at Xanthas, ”Good call.” Then to Thai, ”Ready when you are.”
Trai Dun
 player, 72 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 14:25
Re: Main Game Thread
"I'm ready!" Trai says and tosses the cultist to Mark,"Good luck to you mateys, let's go." Trai moves quietly as a 7 foot tall Goliath can.

22:24, Today: Trai Dun rolled 12 using 1d20+3.  Stealth check.
Paladria
 player, 59 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 14:26
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria melted back into the dark undergrowth.

09:25, Today: Paladria rolled 19 using 1d20+4.
Westen
 GM, 142 posts
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 19:28
Re: Main Game Thread
In front of you lies the camp. Nothing seems to have changed, and the enemy rangers are still in the positions where Paladria located them earlier. As you come up on the camp, a pair of cultists emerges from one of the tents you didn't investigate earlier; heading off toward the battlefield. Presumably, they are ferrying messages.

Roll a stealth check per ranger. For each result over ten, you can sneak up on one ranger, and execute them. If you fail you have 1 surprise round to kill that ranger before the alarm is raised. If you want to take a different approach, that's fine too.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:32, Wed 22 Jan 2020.

Paladria
 player, 60 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 20:34
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria climbed a tree near the first ranger. She waited for noise to cover the sound her her bow before firing an arrow. The arrow went into the back of his skull and came out of his mouth. He was dead - dead - dead. She whispered, Death from Above.

15:30, Today: Paladria rolled 13 using 1d20+4.  Stealth.

She did not even need to change trees. She just waited for the second ranger fellow to come looking for his friends. As soon as his foot accidentally kicked the dead body, he got a arrow through one temple and the point came out the other side. She looked to see if Thai was successful or if he might need some help.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:26, Wed 22 Jan 2020.

Trai Dun
 player, 73 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 21:20
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai was hiding in a bush, slowly creeping toward his foe. Once he got close to the two rangers, he cut their heads with a single slash of his blade.



05:16, Today: Trai Dun rolled 12 using 1d20+3.  Stealth


Mark
 player, 51 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 00:40
Re: Main Game Thread
"Whelp. No head on charge then." Mark notices as part of the team wanders off. He then turns to his prisoner "Just a reminder, one wrong move, and you are lizard food. Which reminds me..." he then raises his head to his companions "... does any of you have any food? I'm getting hungry."
Westen
 GM, 148 posts
Sun 26 Jan 2020
at 21:16
Re: Main Game Thread
In the distance you hear the sound of people marching through the woods. They're making enough noise to be heard from quite a ways away, but that noise and distance also makes it impossible to get an accurate read on their numbers. It certainly sounds like over 10 people though. Likely more.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:16, Sun 26 Jan 2020.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 18 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 18:38
Re: Main Game Thread
At the sound of approaching cultist, at least he suspected they were cultists. Xanthas took cover in the undergrowth and trees. Ready to attack or remain hidden based on the actions of the rest of the group.

13:38, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 22 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.
Mark
 player, 53 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 00:14
Re: Main Game Thread
"Hide if you want." Mark tells the rest of the company "I will stay here, and tell them we are just tourists. Or kill them. Whichever comes first." he then readies his weapons ready to hit them if they get any smart.
Jessica
 player, 41 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 12:27
Re: Main Game Thread
With no negative response from the team sent to manage the scouts and the patroll of volunteers on the way Jessica finds herself a nice ambush point about fifty feet behind the dragon man, so he can have some fire support for his last stand.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:28, Tue 28 Jan 2020.

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 32 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 09:29
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri shrugs and stands 10' behind Mark; hoping the Dragonborn knows what he's doing.
Westen
 GM, 158 posts
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 19:02
Re: Main Game Thread
The enemy finally becomes visible after around a minute. They haven't noticed the party yet as they file through the woods in a 4-man wide formation.

https://docs.google.com/spread...RN4/edit?usp=sharing
Mark
 player, 54 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 23:16
Re: Main Game Thread
"Okay, follow my lead." tells the others, waving his hand to get down, and hides behind a tree, waiting for the unit to get closer.
Jessica
 player, 45 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 02:19
Re: Main Game Thread
As the assault group's final approach becomes obvious Jessica sketches out a quick plan. ”Mark, hold the prisoner, but don't kill him, Shout at the group that if they want their friend back they need to surrender, put their weapons down, and lie down on the floor.  While that distracts them I will be putting them to sleep so if you see any of them actually lie down don't attack them, that will just wake them up, if anyone else can put them to sleep too do that, but don't hit them with any blast effects.”

Just before they arrive she moves to a hiding place off to the east of where the prisoner is and prepares to cast her sleep spell for the moment Mark draws their attention away from each other.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 20 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 13:18
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas eyes widen a bit when he sees the number of cultists approaching. As Jessica lays out her plan he simply shrugs and quietly moves from his hiding spot to another a bit farther away from Mark. Hopefully Jessica's plan works to some degree and they can take out those that don't succumb to the spell relatively quickly.

08:14, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 16 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.
Move to H12.

Westen
 GM, 159 posts
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 01:08
Re: Main Game Thread
The unsuspecting cultists move into easy spell range.

Map updated
Westen
 GM, 163 posts
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 02:14
Re: Main Game Thread
The cultists halt in their current position, looking around uncertainly at the bodies, but not yet breaking their formation.
Mark
 player, 60 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 11:40
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark started going forward for the cultist host with confident steps, already greeting them on the way "Hello, fellow medium sized creatures! My name is Tim, a traveller from the Kingdom of Nowhere, looking for the city of Deckis. Can you give me some directional assistance over there? You seem like local folks to me." meanwhile he was grinning with his sharp teeth like and idiot and waving his hands like being controlled by some rookie marionette puppeteer. He walks right in front of the first line, preferably somewhere at the middle.

23:06, Today: Mark rolled 13 using 1d20-2.  initiative.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:07, Wed 05 Feb 2020.

Westen
 GM, 165 posts
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 21:54
Re: Main Game Thread
One of the fighter type cultists, presumably the leader, steps forward, and grins.

"Oh look, a sacrifice."


14:00, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Init, rolled 11 using 1d20+2.

14:01, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Init, rolled 12 using 1d20+3.

14:01, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Wizard Init, rolled 18 using 1d20.

14:02, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Cleric Init, rolled 5 using 1d20+1.

14:02, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Rogue Init, rolled 5 using 1d20+3.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:03, Wed 05 Feb 2020.

Mark
 player, 61 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 09:50
Re: Main Game Thread
"Don't worry about it, I take my sacrifices burned." he said, and then moved right beside the leader, and breathed fire on the rest of the group.

10:45, Today: Mark rolled 14 using 1d20+5.  attack.
10:44, Today: Mark rolled 8 using 2d6.  fire breath.
DC 15 DEX save halves.

And Mark move to O17 I guess?

This message was last edited by the player at 09:52, Thu 06 Feb 2020.

Westen
 GM, 168 posts
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 02:11
Re: Main Game Thread
The leader, and first 2 rows of cultists are engulfed in the unexpected cone of fire. They scream in pain as their flesh burns, though the damage is not enough to kill them outright.


Saving throws are by row first, then from left to right. aka the leader is first, then the 2 fighters, then the archers from left to right.
Fighter saving throws: 14, 8, 13
Archer saving throws: 22, 16, 12, 16

Damage to fighters: 8, 8, 6
Damage to archers: 1, 5, 11, 2
exact hp numbers can be found on the map.
for convenience:
https://docs.google.com/spread...RN4/edit?usp=sharing

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 34 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 06:51
Re: Main Game Thread
"Well, looks like it's time ta be stupid."

With the muttered words of confidence, Sundri charges in to join Mark. The Dwarf pulls out a spell card and hastily casts it; not getting the full, desired, effect.

Move: Move to N17.
Action: Cast Thunderwave, hitting CF1, CF2, CA1, CA2, CW1, CW2. All six targets must make a CON save vs DC 14. Failure results in full damage (3) and being pushed 10' away. Success results in taking only half damage. All six targets are still within Sleep range for Jessica (assuming I counted right).

22:47, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 3 using 2d8.  Thunderwave Damage.
OFC I roll for basically minimum...

22:49, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 18 using 1d20+1.  Initiative.

Westen
 GM, 171 posts
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 21:46
Re: Main Game Thread
Despite the low damage, the force is still enough to knock back most of the cultists, though one fighter, presumably due to not being engulfed in the earlier fire attack, simply grits his teeth, and holds his ground. Meanwhile, the tree behind some of the cultists interrupts their flight; the impact jarring as they hit both the tree and each other.

Left to right again
Fighter thunderwave saves: 15, 10
Archer thunderwave saves: 12, 11
Wizard thunderwave saves: 4, 13

Fighter damage: 2,3
Archer damage: 3,3
Wizard damage: 3,3
+2 damage if there's no room to be thrown back, aka they impact against each other/the tree.

Jessica
 player, 51 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Sat 8 Feb 2020
at 01:58
Re: Main Game Thread
Shortly after the concussion of the thunder wave Jessica's held spell goes off and four of them fall into a peaceful slumber, one that they can only hope to wake from, or they got knocked unconscious by the impact it is hard to be sure.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:00, Sat 08 Feb 2020.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 22 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Mon 10 Feb 2020
at 01:29
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas simply shook his head as he watched from his hiding spot, things never seemed to go the easy way. Taking aim with fired a shot at the nearest wizard.

OOC: 20:28, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 10 using 1d20+8.  Shortbow att.
Mark
 player, 68 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Tue 11 Feb 2020
at 09:47
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark attacks the leader fighter with his sword, wisely missing his target again:

10:45, Today: Mark rolled 13 using 1d20+5.  attack.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 39 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 09:41
Re: Main Game Thread
Realizing he's far too close to cast spells accurately now, Sundri begrudgingly falls back on the typical Dwarven weapon: a battleaxe. Hefting the large weapon high, the wizard brings his axe down on the cultist directly in front of him.

Move: None
Action: Attack CF1 with Battleaxe, hit AC 18 for 13 Slashing damage.

01:39, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Battleaxe Attack On Cultist.
01:40, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 13 using 1d10+4.  Battleaxe Damage On Cultist.

Westen
 GM, 182 posts
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 12:26
Re: Main Game Thread
As Jessica casts her sleep spell, it has the unfortunate side effect of causing Xanthas and Mark to miss their attacks as their targets drop like a sack of potatoes. Meanwhile, Sundri's target isn't included in the sleep spell, and as such his helmet is dented hard enough to pierce the cultist's brain. Miraculously, the dazed-looking man is still standing with 1 hp.

The injured fighter, clearly brain-damaged, swings clumsily at sundri. Due to putting too much force into the poorly executed attack, the cultist's sword flies from his hand to land harmlessly in the grass several feet away as the cultist stumbles drunkenly.

04:05, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 3 using 1d20+2.


Meanwhile, the sole uninjured, awake fighter moves next to Mark; swinging, and missing.

04:08, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 11 using 1d20+2.


Likewise, the remaining archer misses his attack as well, having to shift his aim to let the shot go askew at the last moment as the fighter crosses what would have been the trajectory of the arrow.

04:11, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Attack, rolled 5 using 1d20+3.


Seeing the injured cultist's plight, the cleric moves into position to cast cure wounds. The extra 4 hp regrows part of the man's skull. This is enough to push back against the dented helmet, and the man's brain regrows enough for him to regain his composure.

"Kyle!" The rogue screams in panic, sprinting past his fallen comrades to strike at Sundri from behind. Unfortunately for the rogue, in his hurry, he aims poorly; dagger screeching ineffectually against Sundri's scale mail.

04:21, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Rogue Attack, rolled 7 using 1d20+3.

Jessica
 player, 56 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 16:31
Re: Main Game Thread
Contrary to most predictions the spell casting barmaid charges out from behind cover right up to the fighting line, stabs the heavily damaged fighter in the neck with a dagger covered in green flame, which doesn't seem to burn him at all, but shoots out at the cleric next to him, burning the healer quite badly.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 23 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 13:38
Re: Main Game Thread
Staying low Xanthas moves to cover behind another tree. He then takes aim at the remaining cleric that is awake and fires.

Move to H13
08:36, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 7 using 1d6+6.  Shortbow dam.
08:36, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 20 using 1d20+8.  Shortbow at.

Mark
 player, 71 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 09:58
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark attacks the cultist in from of him.

12:37, Mon 17 Feb: Mark rolled 9 using 1d8+3.  damage.
12:35, Mon 17 Feb: Mark rolled 16 using 1d20+5.  attack.

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 41 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 08:01
Re: Main Game Thread
"Ya bastards are annoyin'! Makin' me actually use a weapon! Hurry up an' die, so I can forget this 'appened!"

Sundri's annoyance clearly is getting to him, as the follow-through swing at the brain-damaged cultist goes wide of the intended target.

Move: None
Action: Attack CF1, miss.

23:02, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Battleaxe Attack On Cultist.

Westen
 GM, 186 posts
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 04:48
Re: Main Game Thread
The cleric reels from the impact of the combined attack as Mark executes a sleeping cultist with a quick sword through the skull. Sundri's attack misses the already dead cultist as he slumps to the ground with a burnt knife wound in his kneck.

Meanwhile, CF4 chooses to wake his sleeping neighbor(CF3) with a hard kick in order to prevent any more executions.
CF3 doesn't get a turn this round though.

The Cleric, seeing he is nearly dead, flees behind a tree to cast cure wounds, healing himself for 5 points.

The archer curses as another shot goes wide, landing harmlessly inches from the prisoner who squirms against his bindings futilely to get away from the arrow.
20:35, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Attack, rolled 6 using 1d20+3.

Finally, with everyone focused on the opponents in front of them, the rogue scores a gash against Sundri's back for 3 damage.

20:39, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Rogue Attack, rolled 20 using 1d20+3.

20:40, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Rogue Damage, rolled 3 using 1d4+1.
Mark
 player, 73 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 10:24
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark attacks the awoken cultist near him, missing by a long shot.

11:23, Today: Mark rolled 9 using 1d20+5.
11:23, Today: Mark rolled 64 using 1d20+56.  attack.

Jessica
 player, 57 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 19:04
Re: Main Game Thread
Taking advantage of the last window of opportunity to attack the waking fighter before he can stand up to fight Jessica advances upon the man with her dagger, stabbing him in the chest with a nearly fatal wound, the burst of green flame from her dagger leaps up to burn the Rogue along his side.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 42 posts
 HP: 15/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Sun 1 Mar 2020
at 11:08
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri grunts in pain as the rogue slashes his back, but grits his teeth and turns to face his assailant. The wizard attempts to repay his attacker with a slash of his own, but Sundri's axe goes wide for the second time in a row.

Move: None
Action: Attack CR, miss.

02:04, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 11 using 1d20+6.  Battleaxe Attack On Cultist.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 24 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 13:19
Re: Main Game Thread
From his spot hidden in cover behind the tree Xanthas losses another arrow at the cleric as he ducks behind a tree.

OOC:
Remain at H-13
Attack Cleric
08:15, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 21 using 1d20+8.  Shrtbow attack on cleric.
08:15, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 7 using 1d6+6.  Shortbow damage.

Westen
 GM, 190 posts
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 01:00
Re: Main Game Thread
The fighter and rogue both recoil from Jessica's attack, but this has the benefit of causing Sundri and Mark's attacks to miss by narrow margins. Jessica's fighter target retaliates, leaving a bleeding wound in her side with a quick slash for 7 damage.

16:50, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Damage, rolled 7 using 1d6+2.
16:49, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 20 using 1d20+2.


Meanwhile, the other fighter strikes at Mark, stabbing into his shoulder, also for 7 damage.

16:53, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Damage, rolled 7 using 1d6+2.
16:52, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 16 using 1d20+2


The archer proves he likely should have pursued a different profession as another arrow flies off into the woods without hitting a target.

16:56, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Attack, rolled 10 using 1d20+3.


The rogues attack is thrown off by the impact of the green flames, causing his stab to miss Sundri.
Jessica
 player, 59 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 01:09
Re: Main Game Thread
What could have easily been a very painful lesson about why people wear metal armor in close combat is deflected away from Jessica a shield of force snaps into a short lived, but very effective, existence to send the blade skittering away from her.

Her own dagger responds again stabbing the same fighter in the neck and shooting slightly green tinted flames at the other fighter.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:27, Mon 09 Mar 2020.

Mark
 player, 76 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 13:50
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark attacks the cultist in front of him "Stand still damnit! I mean, start moving damnit!"


Noticed how I managed to hit once in 5 attacks...?
14:48, Today: Mark rolled 10 using 1d20+5.  attack CF3.
https://docs.google.com/spread...RN4/edit?usp=sharing

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 43 posts
 HP: 15/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 14:40
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri has clearly had enough of the rogue's continued existence. The wizard finally slams his battleaxe down on the cultist's head; splitting it violently.

Move: None
Action: Attack CR, hit AC 17 for 13 Slashing damage.

02:08, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Battleaxe Attack On Cultist.
02:08, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 13 using 1d10+4.  Battleaxe Damage On Cultist.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 25 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 12:19
Re: Main Game Thread
With the Cleric down Xantahas switches targets and takes aim on the remaining Archer and hopes his aim is better than the targets has been. Grinning as he watches the arroe strike home.



OOC:
08:17, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 12 using 1d6+6.  Damage.
08:17, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 23 using 1d20+8.  Shortbow att. CA4.

Westen
 GM, 192 posts
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 03:26
Re: Main Game Thread
CF3 falls with a gurgle as the archer's short, incompetent life comes to an end. A moment later, the rogue goes down as well; leaving only CF4 standing. Panicking, he kicks one of the sleeping archers awake to act as a distraction, and begins running for his life in the direction of the camp. The newly awakened archer rises groggily to his feet, brain not yet having processed his situation.

edit: realized I hadn't posted this in a while so here it is for convenience
https://docs.google.com/spread...RN4/edit?usp=sharing

This message was last edited by the GM at 08:40, Wed 11 Mar 2020.

Mark
 player, 81 posts
 HP: 13/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 09:18
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark does not pay attention to the fighters around him, and runs after the one escaping from them "Hold still damnit!" he shouts, as he is chasing the cultist that is trying to run away from them.

Moving to U11
10:14, Today: Mark rolled 6 using 1d20+5.  attack CF4.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 26 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 12:19
Re: Main Game Thread
Sighing as he spots the cultist attempting to flee Xanthas quickly moves to a spot near the small pond and takes aim on the fleeing man. Grinning with satisfaction as the arrow buries itself between his shoulder blades.

OOC:
08:16, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 9 using 1d6+6.  Damage.
08:15, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 27 using 1d20+8.  Shortbow att. on CF4.

Jessica
 player, 60 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 03:13
Re: Main Game Thread
Taking a swing at the Groggy archer as it wakes up Jessica's dagger misses high, clearly having expected him to wake up more quickly.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 46 posts
 HP: 15/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 20:19
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri shifts his position to try and bring the last capable foe down. As Sundri nears the archer, the Dwarf trips on his own feet; missing the cultist by a sizable margin.

Move: Move to P16
Action: Attacking CA3, miss

13:17, Today: Sundri Grudge-Bearer rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Battleaxe Attack On Cultist.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:19, Sun 15 Mar 2020.

Westen
 GM, 198 posts
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 22:56
Re: Main Game Thread
Having had a second to gain his bearings, the archer stumbles groggily away, attempting to escape.
Mark
 player, 83 posts
 HP: 13/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 11:55
Re: Main Game Thread
As the last archer tries to run away from the fight, Mark flanks him from the side preventing his escape "You chose poorly." he explains his fate to the archer before cutting him down.

He then takes the body, grabs the other one too (CF4), and returns to the rest of the group. "Let's tie up the loose ends, then go after the giant and the dwarf." then he starts checking if the cultists have something useful with them. He also drinks the healing potion before heading out for the next battle.

12:47, Today: Mark rolled 22 using 1d20+5.  attack CA3.
12:58, Today: Mark rolled 6 using 2d4+2.  healingpotion.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:59, Tue 17 Mar 2020.

Mark
 player, 88 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 20 Mar 2020
at 10:10
Re: Main Game Thread
"I have some rope in my backpack. We should tie up the ones still sleeping." he deattaches his rope (50 feet ~15 meter) from the backpack. If no one else starts tying them up, then Mark does it.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 27 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Fri 20 Mar 2020
at 12:39
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas shrugged at Marks comment, "I would offer a more permanent solution but I have a feeling the group wouldn't like it, so tying up the cultists it is." he started tying them up an removing gear.
Paladria
 player, 69 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Fri 20 Mar 2020
at 12:46
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria looked at her large companion, ”Do we join them?”
Trai Dun
 player, 94 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Fri 20 Mar 2020
at 12:50
Re: Main Game Thread
"Yeah, sounds like they handled it pretty quickly." Trai says, then pops out of his bush disguise and runs back to the party.
Paladria
 player, 70 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Fri 20 Mar 2020
at 13:01
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria dashed to try and keep up with Trai.
Trai Dun
 player, 95 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Fri 20 Mar 2020
at 13:08
Re: Main Game Thread
When Trai reaches the party, he greets them,"Hey, looks like you've taken care of most of the patrol. Good job their lads, so now what's the next step in our plan."
Mark
 player, 90 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 20 Mar 2020
at 14:24
Re: Main Game Thread
"Well, we were fighting, while you were playing with your dolls." snarks Mark at the absence of Trai during the fight "Also we were paid to beat their leaders, so let's go beat their leaders."
Jessica
 player, 62 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Fri 20 Mar 2020
at 22:40
Re: Main Game Thread
While the others sort out the rope problem Jessica begins carefully searching through the pockets of the wizards, taking out whatever knickknacks she finds and setting them on the ground, obviously looking for something specific not just taking all their personal belongings.

 ”Be careful when you tie them up, we don't want to wake any of them before they are secure.  These are in theory their elite soldiers, they may know something about the larger plans, or at least some local troop movements, we may not have time to interrogate them properly ourselves, we might want to leave them here asleep and bound so we can retrieve them and bring them in to the city after we take out the rest of their camp.”

This message was last edited by the player at 15:51, Sun 22 Mar 2020.

Westen
 GM, 202 posts
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 02:16
Re: Main Game Thread
The grand total for all of the looting is 52 gp, and 12 cp. There are also 2 basic healing potions. The fighters each carry long swords and shields, plus they're wearing leather helmets. The archers have short bows plus a quiver of 20 arrows each. (Minus 3 that were used, for a grand total of 77 arrows for anyone that wants them) The cleric has a mace. Mark gets to his pockets in time to see the cleric's spell cards go up in flames. The rogue has a dagger, and 5 throwing knives hidden in various pockets throughout his robe. Finally, the wizards are carrying basic wooden staves.
Mark
 player, 91 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 21:02
Re: Main Game Thread
"If you are done, we should leave and strike the command tent right now." he hastes his teammates. "And let us hope they did not realise we are here, so our attack will catch them off guard."
Trai Dun
 player, 96 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 22:40
Re: Main Game Thread
"Right then I'm with you, let's go storm the tent and see what we're up against." Trai says, excited for more combat.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:40, Sun 22 Mar 2020.

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 47 posts
 HP: 15/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 02:26
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri cleans off his battleaxe on the leg of a fallen cultist.

"Alrigh', let's get goin'. Lotta cultists ta kill, an' not a lotta day ta do it in."
Xanthas Quell
 player, 28 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 12:29
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas finishes up helping tie up the cultists and then turns to the others, "If no one minds, I'll take the dagger and throwing knives along with an quiver of arrows."
Paladria
 player, 71 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 12:46
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria caught up just everyone was plotting the final assault. She spoke up, ”Does anyone need a quick healing before we head in?”
Trai Dun
 player, 97 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 13:38
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai raises his hand,"I could use a quicky if you got some left."
Paladria
 player, 72 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 13:44
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria took out a spell card and used it to cast a healing spell on Trai.

Cast Cure Wounds on Trai for 8 HP
09:43, Today: Paladria rolled 8 using 1d8+2.  Cure Wounds for Trai

Trai Dun
 player, 98 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 13:58
Re: Main Game Thread
"Thanks lass, I'm feeling much better." Trai says and looks to the party,"Anybody else need anything or are we good to go."
Mark
 player, 94 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 08:10
Re: Main Game Thread
"I'm ready, whenever you are." he acknowledges the heads up, and pick up his stuff getting ready to move out.
Paladria
 player, 74 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 14:25
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria saluted, ”Aye Aye Lieutenant, ready to move out when you are.”
Jessica
 player, 63 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 15:53
Re: Main Game Thread
Making sure to collect the coins and healing potions even as the others leave everything behind Jessica catches up with the others on their way out the door, securing the potions along with her other two for use in emergencies.
Mark
 player, 95 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Wed 25 Mar 2020
at 11:36
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark goes to the main camp of the cultists as lowkey as practical, waiting for the others before revealing them to them. (If Mark does not know the way, then he just follows someone who does.)
Westen
 GM, 203 posts
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 15:10
Re: Main Game Thread
In front of you lies the cultist camp. It consists of a collection of tents about the size of a city block. Luckily, there don't seem to be too many cultists in attendance; mostly just a skeleton crew likely assigned to act as guards while the main force is in combat. There are around ten cultists outside at any given time, but it's difficult to get an exact estimate of the true numbers, as they periodically filter in and out of the tents.
Westen
 GM, 204 posts
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 15:41
Re: Main Game Thread
The map:
https://docs.google.com/spread...ACk/edit?usp=sharing
Mark
 player, 98 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 09:37
Re: Main Game Thread
Marks looks at the camp before us, and unsheats his sword. "I say let's go in and wing it!" he extrapolates his plan to his companions.
Trai Dun
 player, 100 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 09:42
Re: Main Game Thread
Seeing the many tents and trees around the area, Trai has a big stupid grin in his face as he looks at the party,"Alright lads, how about we make a bunch of torches and start throwing them around the tents. I'm mean look at them being all in a row."
Paladria
 player, 77 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 13:29
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria climbed a tree and sat/stood in the branches to gain an advantage.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 49 posts
 HP: 15/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 14:36
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri comes up alongside his taller companions, and adds his two copper to the discussion at hand.

"I understand yer enthusiasm, cave-lad, but maybe someone should check it out first? Make sure we burn down tha important tent?"
Jessica
 player, 66 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 21:31
Re: Main Game Thread
Observing the camp in as much detail as she can from this distance it takes Jessica a few moments to catch up with her more exuberant companions discussion, but when she does it seems she agrees with both of them.

”The important tents are the bigger ones in the middle with the guards, the biggest is to far away from the the trees to burn but both of the other two should be close enough to easily set on fire without needing to use any torches or get close to them.  Once we have that distraction going we can either move in closer to get the third tent, or attack more directly at those who come to put the fire out.”
Trai Dun
 player, 102 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 22:07
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai listens to the dwarf's plan of attack and he grumbles something impatiently. Then listens to the barmaid's plan and nods enthusiastically,"I like your idea already, especially the part where we go attack them."
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 50 posts
 HP: 15/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 06:21
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri ignores the caveman's mumbled comments, but joins the giant man in nodding at Jessica's plan.

"I can get behind tha' plan."
Mark
 player, 99 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 14:32
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark starts croaking as the others are talking about setting everything to fire "Your eagerness is nice, but fire is a harsh tool. What if there are prisoners in the tent, or you also set the forest to fire?"
Trai Dun
 player, 103 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 21:39
Re: Main Game Thread
"Then we send a scout if your worried about captured people. The sneakiest one should go, like the little lady or barely noticeable boy." Trai says, gesturing to Paladria and Xanthas.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 29 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 12:24
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas grins at Trai's comment as he twirls a throwing dagger between his fingers, "Now that sounds like a bit of fun."
Paladria
 player, 78 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 12:58
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria is in her tree waiting for the attack to begin.
Mark
 player, 100 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 07:44
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark turns to Xanthas "Alright, check if there are people in the larger tents. If there is a commotion, we move in." He then readies his bow.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 30 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 15:27
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas grins as he flips the dagger over in his hand "Alright then, if things get a little hot I'll signal you."

Slipping off through the trees Xanthas made his way into the area full of tents.

OOC:
11:26, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 20 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.
11:26, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 7 using 1d20+2.  Perception.

Westen
 GM, 213 posts
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 00:55
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Xanthas Quell (msg # 276):

Thanks to the sunlight shining through the tents, Xanthas is able to make out ten forms in the biggest tent, and five in the middle tent, but he isn't at a good angle to see the northmost tent. It's also impossible from what he can see to make out whether the forms inside are prisoners or combatants.

If you want to get more info, you can roll for perception again/re-position, but you also have to roll stealth again, and if you fail, you get noticed.
https://docs.google.com/spread...ACk/edit?usp=sharing

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:57, Tue 07 Apr 2020.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 31 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 12:29
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas tries to slip from cover over next to the large tent listening to see if he can make out whats going on inside.

OOC:
08:29, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 20 using 1d20+2.  Perception.

08:28, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 22 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.

Westen
 GM, 214 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 06:40
Re: Main Game Thread
The new position allows you a much clearer view of the figures outlined in the tents. It seems clear that all of the figures in the biggest tent are enemies. Judging by the tactical discussion you can hear, it's likely that most of them are the armies leadership. In the middle tent, it seems as though the cultists are primarily focused on food preparation, judging by the movements of the silhouettes you can see. Finally, the northmost tent is largely prisoners. 6 forms can be seen in a position that suggests they're bound and unconscious, with 2 guards standing over them inside the tent. You can also see that a handful of the smaller tents are occupied by seemingly sleeping forms, likely scouts, or guards that operate during the night.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:43, Thu 09 Apr 2020.

Mark
 player, 104 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 16:58
Re: Main Game Thread
"He has been gone for a while. Can you see him somewhere?" after Xanthas has left for a while. "It would be a shame if they got him. We should prepare for attack anyway."
Trai Dun
 player, 105 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 22:32
Re: Main Game Thread
"Nah, the lads a sneaky sort so he'll be find, as long as theirs no alarms or anything that would raise a guards suspicion, then everything's fine." he says patting the dragonborns scaly back.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 32 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 23:18
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas moved as quietly as possible back to the rest of the group.
Mark
 player, 107 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 13:15
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark starts wondering how can the Goliath reach his scaly back, but just shrugs off his hand "Except we can't really know if they raise alarm for the outer guards if they catch a spy inside."

When Xanthas returns, Mark starts his debriefing "So what did you see? How many are there, are there anyone else inside?"
Xanthas Quell
 player, 34 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 01:09
Re: Main Game Thread
"Well there are at least ten in the big tent, sounds like their leadership. A lot to tactical talk. Second tent is likely a mess tent and the third has prisoners."
Jessica
 player, 68 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 13:34
Re: Main Game Thread
Jessica listens to Xanthas' report patiently, then looks around at anyone else for other suggestions, the blank stares prompt her to reiterate her original plan in more detail.

”Sounds good, we will set the leadership's tent on fire, that should distract them more than risk damaging anything, in that distraction we slip in and free the prisoners, then we mop up anything not already in total chaos.”
Paladria
 player, 79 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 13:38
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladrai waited in her tree for the signal to begin.
Trai Dun
 player, 106 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 13:41
Re: Main Game Thread
"Leave the fires to me lads. Leave it to me." he says lighting his torch and heading straight first to the leaders tent, he will begin throwing it.
Mark
 player, 111 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 13:43
Re: Main Game Thread
"Let's do this then." Mark marches forward with Trai, approaching the enemy to a shooting distance (80).
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 54 posts
 HP: 15/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 20:46
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri takes position behind the caveman and Mark; ready to literally add more fire to the flames with his magic.

Standing about 10' behind Mark and Trai Dun.
Jessica
 player, 71 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Sun 26 Apr 2020
at 12:28
Re: Main Game Thread
”Or I suppose we could just go then.”

Jessica isn't far behind the others but it is clear that she expected there to be some kind of gap between the initial planning stages and implementation.  Stopping well before they get to the southern edge of the clearing the camp is in she hides herself behind a tree and pokes her head out just long enough to cast a spell before stepping back behind its massive trunk.
Paladria
 player, 81 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 13:19
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria is prepared to provide cover fire for her comrades.
Westen
 GM, 227 posts
Sun 3 May 2020
at 05:00
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas joins the party, hidden behind a tree. As the group waits, the perfect opportunity emerges, one in which all of the various cultists are looking away simultaneously
Mark
 player, 115 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sun 3 May 2020
at 05:48
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark quickly check around his company, if no one says anything, he starts descending towards one on the tents.
Trai Dun
 player, 109 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Sun 3 May 2020
at 05:52
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai moves in the trees and once he finds a position, he throws a torch at the big tent. The one that supposedly had the cultists leadership.


Trai's position is N27
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 55 posts
 HP: 15/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Sun 3 May 2020
at 11:16
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri advances just behind the caveman with his axe at the ready. The wizard hopes the primitive weapon won't be needed, but the number of enemies present makes it a very likely possibility.

Standing at O28.
Westen
 GM, 230 posts
Mon 4 May 2020
at 16:27
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria, seeing the number of cultists the group faces, jumps down from the tree. She looks around for a moment before sighing. As much as she hates to ditch the group, the task in front of them is too daunting. Steeling herself, she chooses life over gold; disappearing stealthily into the woods, never to be seen again.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 16:27, Mon 04 May 2020.

Mark
 player, 116 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Mon 4 May 2020
at 19:32
Re: Main Game Thread
I'm trying to come up with something, but I have no idea. :( I can't even attack and move at the same time.

Mark fires an arrow to one of the archers, (CA2) then heads to the fight. (V23)

21:31, Today: Mark rolled -1 using 1d6-2.  damage.
21:29, Today: Mark rolled 18 using 1d20.  attack CA2.
21:28, Today: Mark rolled 7 using 1d20-2.  initiative.

Nice, I'm actually healing them.

Trai Dun
 player, 110 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Tue 5 May 2020
at 22:23
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai seems a bit slow witted to react much to anything, but by gosh, he's gonna enjoy burning the tents down.

06:21, Today: Trai Dun rolled 9 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 37 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Thu 7 May 2020
at 14:08
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas moves through the trees as he slips from cover to cover getting as close to the tents as he can without being seen.

10:06, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 11 using 1d20+6.  Initiative.
10:07, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 15 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.

Westen
 GM, 235 posts
Thu 14 May 2020
at 11:45
Re: Main Game Thread
As the party watches, a horn blows. In the distance, a womans scream that sounds suspiciously like paladria's voice can be heard a moment later. Sundri charges into the woods toward the scream, and is gone before anyone can react. Likewise, several of the cultist guards, including some that had been hidden inside the sleeping tents also leave to investigate the sound.
Trai Dun
 player, 112 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Thu 14 May 2020
at 12:14
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai throws his torch on the big tent and immediately retreats back in the woods, looking for a new target.
Action: Trai Throws the torch on the Big Tent
Move: To L23

Westen
 GM, 237 posts
Thu 14 May 2020
at 12:29
Re: Main Game Thread
Presumably due to the daylight, the cultists don't notice the fire until it reaches the top of the tent; burning through the leather ties. They do notice the fire when the flaming mass of leather that was once a tent crashes down onto them. Screams can be heard as cultists boil out of the opening. The gruesome noises from inside the tent suggest that not all of the cultists escaped the blaze.
"Who in Akkad's name dropped their torch?" yells a portly man with pompous gold embroidery on his robes. The guards standing at the former entryway wither away from his accusing glare.
"The only people with fires right now are the cooks." one of the guards offers up, prompting the man to turn his enraged glare their direction. The guard seems relieved to no longer be the target of the man's wrath.
The cooks just raise their hands, and shake their heads; not wanting to be a part of this encounter any more than the erstwhile guard.

Throwing you a bone since you're down several people.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:38, Thu 14 May 2020.

Mark
 player, 121 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 15 May 2020
at 10:32
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark simply walks to the cultist boss and starts having his left arm in his face with the shield still attached to it. "Hey, asshole, remember this branding? That's what you get for being stupid!" then he immediatly slashes him with his sword. "So you better stand down, or we six heroes will knock down the rest of your minions."

12:27, Today: Mark rolled 4 using 1d8+3.
12:27, Today: Mark rolled 19 using 1d20+5.  attack CB.
12:19, Today: Mark rolled 5 using 1d20-2.  Intelligence.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 38 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Fri 15 May 2020
at 12:41
Re: Main Game Thread
With all the commotion from the fire and Marks assault of the commander Xanthas uses the chaos to attempt to sneak up to the prisoner tent. Once there he slit a hole in the tent and sneaks inside.

OOC:
08:39, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 13 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.

Jessica
 player, 74 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Fri 15 May 2020
at 15:34
Re: Main Game Thread
Using the commanders wrath as her inspiration Jessica gestures at the cooks from behind her tree lighting them and the tent nearest them on fire with a giant magical bonfire.
Westen
 GM, 260 posts
Mon 18 May 2020
at 11:40
Re: Main Game Thread
Reacting instinctively, the cultist boss backpedals; casting mage armor when he reaches a safe distance.

The cleric immediately moves to take his leader's place before Mark can pursue. Grinning cruelly, the red-robed man delivers a devastating upward blow with his mace that smashes into Mark's jaw from below. A tooth flies out of his jaw, landing in the burning mass of tent.
Sry man, I genuinely rolled a natural 20 and max damage. You can regrow the tooth with a normal healing spell later if you want and I'll allow it :3
04:36, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Cleric Damage, rolled 14 using 2d6+2.
04:35, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Cleric Attack, rolled 21 using 1d20+1.


Meanwhile, the cooks move closer to the fight; grabbing their cooking knives to use as weapons.

Seeing the danger Mark is in, Jessica casts create bonfire, burning the cleric and one of the fighters for 8 damage each.
She specifically requested to cast it in between squares to catch multiple people, and there's not really a good way to depict that on a grid map. Just in case you were wondering why a 5' radius is affecting 4 squares simultaneously.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:57, Mon 18 May 2020.

Trai Dun
 player, 120 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Mon 18 May 2020
at 13:10
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai raises his new acquired shield up high, unsheathes his axe and he charges through the tents. He then tosses his handaxe toward the leader but it only seems to stick on his ethereal armor, not harmed from that attack.

Move: Moving to 23O
Action: Handaxe Att on CB
21:02, Today: Trai Dun rolled 14 using 1d20+6.  Handaxe Att.

Mark
 player, 130 posts
 HP: 5/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 22 May 2020
at 07:40
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark touches his jaw with his left arm. "Lay on Hands!" he says, stopping the bleeding for now.

Used Lay on Hands for 10 HP.
Westen
 GM, 272 posts
Fri 22 May 2020
at 13:40
Re: Main Game Thread
The cultist boss uses mold earth to lift a patch of dirt, and drop it on the bonfire, snuffing out the flame.

The cleric swings at Mark again, this time missing.
06:22, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cleric Attack, rolled 8 using 1d20+1.

The cooks reach the action, and despite a spirited defense on Mark's part, one of them manages to slice a red line in Mark's arm for 4 damage.

06:35, Today: Westen, for the NPC Rogue Damage, rolled 4 using 1d6+1.
06:34, Today: Westen, for the NPC Rogue Attack, rolled 21 using 1d20+3.

Mark
 player, 134 posts
 HP: 11/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 22 May 2020
at 14:05
Re: Main Game Thread
16:04, Today: Mark rolled 7 using 1d20+5.  attack CC.

Mark attacks at the cleric near him, but wisely does not commit too much lest allow his would be punctuers a chance to be even more efficient.
Jessica
 player, 82 posts
 HP: 17/17 AC: 17
Fri 22 May 2020
at 14:40
Re: Main Game Thread
More than willing to engage in magical shenanigans with the boss Jessica advances to where she can see more of them and lights two more of his minions on fire, adding some amount of pain to his team, and taunting him to continue playing in the dirt.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:16, Sat 30 May 2020.

Mark
 player, 136 posts
 HP: 11/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sun 24 May 2020
at 12:30
Re: Main Game Thread
16:04, Fri 22 May: Mark rolled 7 using 1d20+5.  attack CC.

Mark attacks the fighter-cleric near him.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 42 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Tue 26 May 2020
at 00:38
Re: Main Game Thread
As the others fight Xanthas continues his plan to free any prisoners in the third tent.
Violatollia Ellywick Bismarra Den Garrick
 player, 9 posts
 Gnomish Sorcerer
 HP 7 | AC 12 | PP 10
Tue 26 May 2020
at 06:39
Re: Main Game Thread
It had been a very strange day, to say the least.

All things considered, Vi hadn't ever thought she'd end up as part of a B-Team coming to aid in a fight against mad cultists.  Yet there she was, tucked behind a cluster of trees and underbrush outside a camp full of such enemies.  The promise of considerable rewards was enough to at least tempt her into danger when otherwise she'd stay very, very far away... plus if things went bad, she could just run off and nobody would know the difference.  The petite sorceress looked about all the chaos - people fighting, some lady setting everything on fire, and such - with an expression of wide-eyed bewilderment.

"Do you think they even need our help?  I think they have everything under control... or maybe it's all gone to pot?  I honestly can't tell." she asked her Tabaxi companion hesitantly.  Frankly, she couldn't make heads or tails of what was going on and saw fit to just scuttle down amid the brush to make herself unobtrusive.  A very easy feat for someone as small as she was, after all.

Action: Vi will Hide - Stealth
Vi rolled 24 using 1d20+4 (20)

This message was last edited by the player at 06:41, Tue 26 May 2020.

Ray Lyrefingers
 player, 15 posts
 Tabaxi Bard
 HP 10 | AC 16 | PP 14
Wed 27 May 2020
at 05:57
Re: Main Game Thread
The tabaxi companion of the gnome sorcerer assesses the situation and decides that he could provide his own spin on events now. Feeling relieved from Vi hiding herself immaculately, he immediately strings his Lyre, tuning it, and makes a sudden loud tune with his lyre, emitting powerful violet beams and targets the enemies (who he can identify as the ones fighting the good people defending the prisoners)

Action: Fairie Fire on the evil cultists. Please target as many enemies possible in a 20 ft cube. Dexterity Save DC 14
Westen
 GM, 276 posts
Fri 29 May 2020
at 04:24
Re: Main Game Thread
The fighter screams in pain as a fire erupts under his feet, dealing 8 damage. Meanwhile, the cleric swears, and dances back; batting at a flame that licks up his robe.

20:57, Today: Westen, for the NPC Fighter Dex Save, rolled 5 using 1d20+2.
20:55, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cleric Dex Save, rolled 16 using 1d20+1.


Xanthas reaches the tent, and slits it open, revealing 5 bound men that look like guardsmen from the town.

Right as the cleric bends over to bat at the flame, Mark's attack swishes over his head, narrowly missing.

As this is happening, the cultist boss, the cleric, one of the cooks, and the three fighters begin to glow, outlining them in a soft white light.

The burning fighter overcomes his pain, and channels it into rage. Not as a barbarian might, but with the reflexive determination of a wounded soldier. The other fighters, rallying to him, follow him as he charges Trai. The following soldiers swing at Trai and miss, but the burned fighter connects a solid swing to Trai's chest; dealing 8 damage.

21:14, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Damage, rolled 8 using 1d6+2.
21:10, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 13 using 1d20+2.
21:10, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 20 using 1d20+2.
21:10, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 12 using 1d20+2.

Trai Dun
 player, 122 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Fri 29 May 2020
at 04:47
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai pushes through the attack, but seeing only the injured man putting most of the fight, Trai pulls out his Scimitar and quickly cuts him down. But the burned fighter remains standing, completely taking the blow with all his might.

Action: Scimitar Att on CF4
12:41, Today: Trai Dun rolled 26 using 1d20+6.  Scimitar Att.
12:44, Today: Trai Dun rolled 6 using 2d6+4.  Critical DMG.

Damn, what a waste of a good critical roll. It's all 1's over here.

Mark
 player, 137 posts
 HP: 11/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 29 May 2020
at 06:48
Re: Main Game Thread
08:47, Today: Mark rolled 12 using 1d20+5.  attack cleric.
Why do I even bother to roll...?


Mark misses the cleric again.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 43 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Fri 29 May 2020
at 15:57
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas slips into the tent and quickly cuts the bonds on the first guardsman and hands him the dagger before on to the next to repeat the process.
Jessica
 player, 84 posts
 HP: 17/17 AC: 17
Sat 30 May 2020
at 09:26
Re: Main Game Thread
Having finally closed the distance between the safety of the trees and the fighting where everyone decided to charge into the grinder Jessica doesn't seem to mind terribly the change in the plan.  Slipping in beside Mark she slips a dagger coated in green fire into the cleric's side even as the flame from the blade leaps out and strikes one of the non glowing people next to her target.  The fire behind him continues to rage impotently as nobody jumps into it.
Westen
 GM, 280 posts
Tue 2 Jun 2020
at 12:19
Re: Main Game Thread
The Cultist Boss turns to Jessica, and narrows his eyes at her, but chooses the easier victim. Turning to Trai, he casts hideous laughter.
Make a wisdom save. If you fail, you fall prone.

The cleric, still off balance from the fire, swing at Mark, and misses by a hair.
05:15, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Cleric Attack, rolled 11 using 1d20+1.

Meanwhile, the cooks pile on as well, their cooking knives proving to be poor weapons against a hardened adventurer.

05:17, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Rogue Attack, rolled 20 using 3d20+3 with rolls of 7,4,6.

Mark
 player, 140 posts
 HP: 11/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Tue 2 Jun 2020
at 16:21
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark carefully analyses the movement of the cleric, then wisely does not hit him.

18:20, Today: Mark rolled 8 using 1d20+5.  attack cleric.
Trai Dun
 player, 125 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 22:07
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai resist this magic laughter and lobs the head off of the injured cultist,"You lads think you can kill me by flanking me, you'll find that your surely mistaken." the goliath shouts in the top of his lungs.

20:48, Tue 02 June: Trai Dun rolled 13 using 1d20+5.  Wis Save.
Action: Scimitar Att on CF4
06:04, Today: Trai Dun rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Scimitar Att.
06:04, Today: Trai Dun rolled 10 using 1d6+4.  Dmg.

Jessica
 player, 86 posts
 HP: 17/17 AC: 17
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 23:22
Re: Main Game Thread
Not letting Trai distract her Jessica continues to support Mark, stabbing the cleric in the neck with her dagger, as more flame leap out the far side of the wound to burn the same man that she burned with them just moments ago.