Main Game Thread.   Posted by Westen.Group: 0
Mark
 player, 100 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 07:44
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark turns to Xanthas "Alright, check if there are people in the larger tents. If there is a commotion, we move in." He then readies his bow.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 30 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 15:27
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas grins as he flips the dagger over in his hand "Alright then, if things get a little hot I'll signal you."

Slipping off through the trees Xanthas made his way into the area full of tents.

OOC:
11:26, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 20 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.
11:26, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 7 using 1d20+2.  Perception.

Westen
 GM, 213 posts
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 00:55
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Xanthas Quell (msg # 276):

Thanks to the sunlight shining through the tents, Xanthas is able to make out ten forms in the biggest tent, and five in the middle tent, but he isn't at a good angle to see the northmost tent. It's also impossible from what he can see to make out whether the forms inside are prisoners or combatants.

If you want to get more info, you can roll for perception again/re-position, but you also have to roll stealth again, and if you fail, you get noticed.
https://docs.google.com/spread...ACk/edit?usp=sharing

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:57, Tue 07 Apr 2020.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 31 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 12:29
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas tries to slip from cover over next to the large tent listening to see if he can make out whats going on inside.

OOC:
08:29, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 20 using 1d20+2.  Perception.

08:28, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 22 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.

Westen
 GM, 214 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 06:40
Re: Main Game Thread
The new position allows you a much clearer view of the figures outlined in the tents. It seems clear that all of the figures in the biggest tent are enemies. Judging by the tactical discussion you can hear, it's likely that most of them are the armies leadership. In the middle tent, it seems as though the cultists are primarily focused on food preparation, judging by the movements of the silhouettes you can see. Finally, the northmost tent is largely prisoners. 6 forms can be seen in a position that suggests they're bound and unconscious, with 2 guards standing over them inside the tent. You can also see that a handful of the smaller tents are occupied by seemingly sleeping forms, likely scouts, or guards that operate during the night.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:43, Thu 09 Apr 2020.

Mark
 player, 104 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 16:58
Re: Main Game Thread
"He has been gone for a while. Can you see him somewhere?" after Xanthas has left for a while. "It would be a shame if they got him. We should prepare for attack anyway."
Trai Dun
 player, 105 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 22:32
Re: Main Game Thread
"Nah, the lads a sneaky sort so he'll be find, as long as theirs no alarms or anything that would raise a guards suspicion, then everything's fine." he says patting the dragonborns scaly back.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 32 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 23:18
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas moved as quietly as possible back to the rest of the group.
Mark
 player, 107 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 13:15
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark starts wondering how can the Goliath reach his scaly back, but just shrugs off his hand "Except we can't really know if they raise alarm for the outer guards if they catch a spy inside."

When Xanthas returns, Mark starts his debriefing "So what did you see? How many are there, are there anyone else inside?"
Xanthas Quell
 player, 34 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 01:09
Re: Main Game Thread
"Well there are at least ten in the big tent, sounds like their leadership. A lot to tactical talk. Second tent is likely a mess tent and the third has prisoners."
Jessica
 player, 68 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 13:34
Re: Main Game Thread
Jessica listens to Xanthas' report patiently, then looks around at anyone else for other suggestions, the blank stares prompt her to reiterate her original plan in more detail.

”Sounds good, we will set the leadership's tent on fire, that should distract them more than risk damaging anything, in that distraction we slip in and free the prisoners, then we mop up anything not already in total chaos.”
Paladria
 player, 79 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 13:38
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladrai waited in her tree for the signal to begin.
Trai Dun
 player, 106 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 13:41
Re: Main Game Thread
"Leave the fires to me lads. Leave it to me." he says lighting his torch and heading straight first to the leaders tent, he will begin throwing it.
Mark
 player, 111 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 13:43
Re: Main Game Thread
"Let's do this then." Mark marches forward with Trai, approaching the enemy to a shooting distance (80).
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 54 posts
 HP: 15/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 20:46
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri takes position behind the caveman and Mark; ready to literally add more fire to the flames with his magic.

Standing about 10' behind Mark and Trai Dun.
Jessica
 player, 71 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Sun 26 Apr 2020
at 12:28
Re: Main Game Thread
”Or I suppose we could just go then.”

Jessica isn't far behind the others but it is clear that she expected there to be some kind of gap between the initial planning stages and implementation.  Stopping well before they get to the southern edge of the clearing the camp is in she hides herself behind a tree and pokes her head out just long enough to cast a spell before stepping back behind its massive trunk.
Paladria
 player, 81 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 13:19
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria is prepared to provide cover fire for her comrades.
Westen
 GM, 227 posts
Sun 3 May 2020
at 05:00
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas joins the party, hidden behind a tree. As the group waits, the perfect opportunity emerges, one in which all of the various cultists are looking away simultaneously
Mark
 player, 115 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Sun 3 May 2020
at 05:48
Re: Main Game Thread
Mark quickly check around his company, if no one says anything, he starts descending towards one on the tents.
Trai Dun
 player, 109 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Sun 3 May 2020
at 05:52
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai moves in the trees and once he finds a position, he throws a torch at the big tent. The one that supposedly had the cultists leadership.


Trai's position is N27
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 55 posts
 HP: 15/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Sun 3 May 2020
at 11:16
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri advances just behind the caveman with his axe at the ready. The wizard hopes the primitive weapon won't be needed, but the number of enemies present makes it a very likely possibility.

Standing at O28.
Westen
 GM, 230 posts
Mon 4 May 2020
at 16:27
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria, seeing the number of cultists the group faces, jumps down from the tree. She looks around for a moment before sighing. As much as she hates to ditch the group, the task in front of them is too daunting. Steeling herself, she chooses life over gold; disappearing stealthily into the woods, never to be seen again.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 16:27, Mon 04 May 2020.

Mark
 player, 116 posts
 HP: 19/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Mon 4 May 2020
at 19:32
Re: Main Game Thread
I'm trying to come up with something, but I have no idea. :( I can't even attack and move at the same time.

Mark fires an arrow to one of the archers, (CA2) then heads to the fight. (V23)

21:31, Today: Mark rolled -1 using 1d6-2.  damage.
21:29, Today: Mark rolled 18 using 1d20.  attack CA2.
21:28, Today: Mark rolled 7 using 1d20-2.  initiative.

Nice, I'm actually healing them.

Trai Dun
 player, 110 posts
 HP:22/29 AC:20
Tue 5 May 2020
at 22:23
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai seems a bit slow witted to react much to anything, but by gosh, he's gonna enjoy burning the tents down.

06:21, Today: Trai Dun rolled 9 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 37 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Thu 7 May 2020
at 14:08
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas moves through the trees as he slips from cover to cover getting as close to the tents as he can without being seen.

10:06, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 11 using 1d20+6.  Initiative.
10:07, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 15 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.