Main Game Thread.   Posted by Westen.Group: 0
Xanthas Quell
 player, 13 posts
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 13:28
Re: Main Game Thread
Coming to his senses as the pain recedes Xanthas quickly regains his feet. Circling the cleric cautiously, when the cleric is between himself and Mark he launches an attack.

OOC: Half move to stand move 15' to M16

Att. Cleric: 08:25, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 22 using 1d20+8.  Att. on Cleric.

Damage: 08:26, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 11,6 using 1d8+6,1d6.  Damage w/ sneak attack. (17 Damage)

Jessica
 player, 29 posts
 HP: 9/9 AC: 17
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 14:21
Re: Main Game Thread
With all the high priority targets down Jessica just blasts the fighter in front of her, punching a whole in his chest with a bolt of flame.  Only then does she look around at the wider battle field and realize that every other potential target is down as well.  Not one to trust such an easy fight automatically she keeps herself ready and waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Westen
 GM, 125 posts
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 06:21
Re: Main Game Thread
As Xanthas eviscerates the cleric, Jessica launches a firebolt at CF3, causing 9 points of damage. The fighter clings to life despite the burn being so bad that the edge of a rib is visible.

The wounded fighter swings ineffectually at Trai, hampered by his wound, while the healthy fighter finds somewhat more success. Slashing his shortsword into Trai's chest, the fighter is caught off guard, when it bounces off his pecs. The attack only leaves a small gash for 3 damage. Meanwhile, the other fighter moves to protect the cleric; arriving just a moment too late to protect him from instant death. The angered fighter swings at Xanthas, missing his attack.


21:57, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Damage, rolled 3 using 1d6+2.
21:56, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 6 using 1d20+2.
21:56, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 7 using 1d20+2.
21:56, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Fighter Attack, rolled 21 using 1d20+2.


Mark, not yet realizing that Xanthas has already effectively executed the cleric, swings his longsword through the cleric's head. By some quirk of physics, the blow still manages to land in CF4's shoulder for 4 points of damage.

Meanwhile, the archer, thinking it was Mark who killed the cleric, shouts in outrage; loosing an arrow that somehow misses despite the archer being a mere 10 feet away.

22:11, Today: Westen, for the NPC Cultist Archer Attack, rolled 5 using 1d20+3.
As Sundri finally earns his first kill on the archer, Trai takes advantage of his foe being off-balance from bouncing off his pecs; executing him even as he finishes the wounded fighter with a throwing axe that lands directly in the burn-wound.

As the dwarf moves in front of her, Paladria hides behind him.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 23 posts
 HP: 10/10 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 06:34
Re: Main Game Thread
Is that everyone dead, or am I reading it wrong?
Westen
 GM, 127 posts
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 06:37
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Sundri Grudge-Bearer (msg # 153):

CF4 is still alive.

https://docs.google.com/spread...RN4/edit?usp=sharing
Trai Dun
 player, 59 posts
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 06:45
Re: Main Game Thread
14:43, Today: Trai Dun rolled 9 using 1d20-3.  Intimidate check
Trai with an arrow still stuck to his forehead said,"Surrender now! Or be gutted and eviscerated like your comrades." and tries to be intimidating to the last fighter.
Westen
 GM, 129 posts
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 07:19
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Trai Dun (msg # 155):

The warrior squeals like a frightened pig, dropping his weapon and shield as he collapses to the ground; covering his head as if expecting to be struck down.
Paladria
 player, 48 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 16:18
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria moved the weapon away from the man who had dropped it. She let the others decide how they wanted to handle him.
Jessica
 player, 30 posts
 HP: 9/9 AC: 17
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 16:35
Re: Main Game Thread
With only a slightly exasperates sigh Jessica steps in before anyone can make the situation even worse and crouches down in front of the frightened man to bring herself to his eye level where she reaches out and adjusts his chin gently with a single finger to be the focus of his attention. ”I think perhaps we have had a bit of a misunderstanding, we are not here for you in particular, we simply need to have a conversation with some of your bosses about their plans for the city, if you can direct us to them we won't need to trouble you any more and you can go back to doing whatever it is you like to do with your personal time.”
Westen
 GM, 130 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 09:21
Re: Main Game Thread
"They're that way." The man says, pointing to the northwest. He maintains his defensive kneeling position, his other hand still on his hand.
Trai Dun
 player, 60 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 09:40
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai pulls out a 50ft of silk rope, and proceeds to tie the cultist to a nearby tree. Looting him and his dead comrades of their possessions,"Any one that would like to interrogate him more, speak up. Time is of the essence." Trai says and now notice the arrow stuck in his forehead and pulls it out.

This rope is a DC 17 strength check to burst it.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 14 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 13:17
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas moves to a good hiding spot, so he can keep watch as the others interrogate the cultist. Pausing as he passes Paladria, "Thanks for the healing, I owe you one."

08:17, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 19 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.
Paladria
 player, 49 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 14:04
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria smiled and shrugged, ”We’re a team, right? We look out for each other. I’m sure you’ll pull my bahookie out of the bonfire soon enough. Do you have a healing potion?” She asked him this as she rummaged through her own pack for one.
Mark
 player, 46 posts
 HP: 14/15 AC: 13
 Dragonborn Paladin
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 23:43
Re: Main Game Thread
00:40, Today: Mark rolled 8 using 2d4+2.  healingpotion.

You could tie the cultist to 3 trees at the same time with that many rope.


Mark starts cleaning his sword, and queries Xanthas "Are you all right sneaky fairy?" and then proceeds to drink a healing potion himself. Then he gathers the rest of the crew "We should move quickly. The siege might soon be over."
Westen
 GM, 131 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 04:44
Re: Main Game Thread
Between all the corpses, Trai finds 25 GP, a healing potion, and a copy of the "Spare The Dying" spell (Cleric cantrip) that the Cleric apparently hadn't bound to himself. The cultist starts mumbling to himself, but remains pliant as you bind him; allowing himself to be captured.

Everyone receives 200 XP for the fight.

20:37, Today: Westen, for the NPC gold, rolled 25 using 1d100+10.

The fighters have shortswords + shields, the archers have shortbows and 20 arrows in the quiver each. The cleric has a mace, and the wizard has a dagger. In case anyone wants to loot any of that.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:49, Wed 15 Jan 2020.

Trai Dun
 player, 61 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 04:53
Re: Main Game Thread
12:48, Today: Trai Dun rolled 6 using 2d4+2.  Using healing potion.
Trai immediately drinks the potion,"Ah, good stuff! Okay, these guys only got pocket change, but this cleric forgot to bound their spare the dying card. Ain't needing it no more, who wants it. If you don't want it, I'll keep it in my inventory to sell it later, har, har, har." And Trai keeps the gold in his backpack for safekeeping.

He then grabs a shield from a dead fighter,"Oh, nifty."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:55, Wed 15 Jan 2020.

Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 24 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 06:56
Re: Main Game Thread
While everyone else goes about tending their injuries and looting the fallen, Sundri approaches the now-restrained cultist. Doing his best to look into the man's eyes (which is easier said than done when you're shorter than him), Sundri begins interrogating the cultist.

"Oi. How many of yer lot are protectin' yer boss? Any traps alon' tha way?"
Westen
 GM, 134 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 07:21
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Sundri Grudge-Bearer (msg # 166):

The man shrugs, then winces as if expecting to be struck. "They don't tell me anything."
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 26 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 08:21
Re: Main Game Thread
"Ya didn' need ta hear ta know. Yer eyes seem ta work jus' fine. Trus' me, lad. It'll be easier tellin' me than ta try an' tell tha caveman over there."

Sundri gestures over his shoulder at Trai Dun on the mention of the caveman; likely someone who doesn't ask for information nicely.
Xanthas Quell
 player, 15 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 13:23
Re: Main Game Thread
quote:
”We’re a team, right? We look out for each other. I’m sure you’ll pull my bahookie out of the bonfire soon enough. Do you have a healing potion?”


Xanthas shrugs at Paladria's question, "Not at the moment. Recent dealings left me a little low on coin and supplies."

quote:
"Are you all right sneaky fairy?"


Xanthas nods to the Dragonborn, "Not 100% but I will live. A little while longer anyway."

He then moves over to the equipment looted from the dead cultists and picks up a bow and quiver, "If no one objects I'll claim these."
Paladria
 player, 51 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 13:59
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria stood akimbo, giving Mark a very angry stare. ”Hey asshole, potions found as group treasure, don’t bogart them. Other people might need them.” She looked around, ”Honestly, I think this is a good place to stop and rest.” She motioned to the exit for Mark, ”Though if you want to go off by yourself I will not complain.”
Jessica
 player, 33 posts
 HP: 9/9 AC: 17
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 14:05
Re: Main Game Thread
Ignoring the halfling's outburst, but not her, Jessica turns to the captive and asks for clarification.
”When is your next check in, or do you expect a patrol to come looking for you?”
Trai Dun
 player, 65 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 14:13
Re: Main Game Thread
"Phew, I agree with the halfling. That last fight took a lot of adrenaline out of me, gonna have to be more careful for now and be less reckless. Don't want to up and die, har, har." Trai says, and smacks the cultist prisoner,"And we have a new pal/punching bag. What are you waiting, answer the lass."
Paladria
 player, 52 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 14:59
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Trai Dun (msg # 172):

Paladria brought her goggles down and smiled at her giant friend, ”Of course you agree with me, I’m the leader.” She wiggled her eyebrows. She liked the big man, he seemed to be more of a jolly giant than she first expected.
Westen
 GM, 138 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 22:18
Re: Main Game Thread
The man sighs in resignation. "Well, the leader for our army is a wizard, I know that much. I've seen him use tier 2 card before too. The thing about the troop numbers or whatever is, people are constantly filtering in and out of the camp, so there's no way to know how many people are around at any given point. There's a squad of guards though, and probably a few rangers hidden near the camp as scouts. There's a decent chance they'll keep getting reinforcements as people come in to make reports if you attack. As far as check-in, we're not really expected to check in, but they'll probably send reinforcements sometime in the next hour. We're here to secure the tunnel and breach it so they can send soldiers through. Trust me, you don't want to meet the elites they're going to send."

Sorry, I always forget to color-code things until later

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:20, Wed 15 Jan 2020.