Main Game Thread.   Posted by Westen.Group: 0
Paladria
 player, 55 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 13:55
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria took out a card and cast it on herself. She put the card back in her pocket and began moving faster.

Cast Longstrider on herelf, increasing her normal walking speed to 35

Paladria began to head in the direction of the leader’s camp.

08:55, Today: Paladria rolled 22 using 1d20+4.  Stealth.
Half speed because stealthing (speed is 17)

This message was last edited by the player at 23:29, Thu 16 Jan 2020.

Trai Dun
 player, 67 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 23:25
Re: Main Game Thread
"Looks like our little friend went off on a scouting mission. So anybody want to set up camp and take a short break." Trai say, keeping the spare the dying card in his inventory.
Jessica
 player, 36 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 00:18
Re: Main Game Thread
Focused on the interrogation with the captive Jessica isn't to worried about micro managing everyone's actions or their banter, but she does offer an assessment of the overall situation. ”If what he says is true we don't want to set up anything here, or have time to take a break.  Their reinforcements will be passing through here soon so we can decide if we want to leave the bodies or clean up but either way we should get moving.  I suggest we take everything, and everyone, out of here and clean the place up so it looks like they just abandoned the job.”
Mark
 player, 48 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 21:20
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Paladria (msg # 170):

"Hey, this one is mine! I was given, so I could use it. Deal with it." Mark responds to the inquiry.
Trai Dun
 player, 68 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 09:22
Re: Main Game Thread
In reply to Jessica (msg # 177):

"Good idea, but I suggest we leave them, they got rangers on their side. A rangers got basic skills in tracking, even a novice ranger can tell that a battle was had here, just takes one blood trail and, poof, they found a pile of bodies. Theirs also the fact that this lad is still alive." and he points at the cultist prisoner, "Best to leave him and the bodies as a warning, what say you lad, would you like to tell your fellow acolytes to abandon your foolish quest or would you rather be a warning sign like your dead buddies."
Westen
 GM, 140 posts
Sun 19 Jan 2020
at 00:59
Re: Main Game Thread
The cultist doesn't meet Trai's eyes. "I'd rather stay here."
Jessica
 player, 38 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Sun 19 Jan 2020
at 05:23
Re: Main Game Thread
Clearly not keen on the adjustment to her plan Jessica shakes her head at Trai. ”Leaving them here is the easy way, and may offer the suggestion of some kind of fear, but we can't leave someone here alive who knows us well enough to expose our identities or anything about us to them, so staying alive and here won't be an acceptable option, if we don't bring him with us alive we leave him here with his friends.

I still think we have time to clean away the bodies before we go, but the longer we spend deciding the less likely that becomes.”

Trai Dun
 player, 69 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 21:56
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai thinks for a moment,"Hmm, fine, fine, will have it your way. I'll take the cultist, someone take care of the bodies,
and I'm guessing the little halfling will arrive after we finish cleaning up, so we will move together."

Paladria
 player, 56 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 12:38
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria returned to the group, "There are four scouts who think they are hidden but I got them spotted; some kind of command tent with six guards. There is what sounded like a tavern in another tent. I would guess it can hold no more that 6."
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 28 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 07:50
Re: Main Game Thread
Sundri leaves the likely-doomed cultist to join the discussions.

"So we've got ten foes at most? Sounds like a tough battle, but somethin' we can handle. I can put a 'andful of 'em ta sleep; make it easier ta handle tha rest. Sounds fair?"
Trai Dun
 player, 70 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 08:10
Re: Main Game Thread
"If it's that many I think we can handle it. Okay, then dwarf, you and the rest can handle the guards. Me and the halfling will take out the scouts. Is everyone in agreement on this plan." Trai says laying the cultist down and gagging him with a sock.
Sundri Grudge-Bearer
 player, 29 posts
 HP: 18/18 AC: 15
 Dwarf Wizard
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 08:15
Re: Main Game Thread
Seeing Trai Dun's makeshift gag, Sundri can't help but retch.

"Please tell me that sock's clean. Last thing I need ta think of is tha taste of yer dirty feet in a man's mouth..."
Trai Dun
 player, 71 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 08:22
Re: Main Game Thread
"Well, I'm not sure who's sock this is. I just found it one day on a barrel of rum I was drinking and I was compelled to keep it. I knew one day I would find a purpose for it. And I assure you theirs nothing disgusting about it, well except for the fact that I had to puke it out of my throat, but it was either that or the other way around right." and he gives out a hearty laugh smacking the sock further in the cultist mouth.
Jessica
 player, 39 posts
 HP: 16/16 AC: 17
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 11:50
Re: Main Game Thread
Not interested in the sock Keeps her focus on the things that matter.
”It sounds like their camp is to close for a long con to work, so we go with a short one.
Take the survivor with us in case we need a distraction, the two of you can sneak up on the scouts one at a time, if that works we wait for the team that is coming here in an hour to get moving.  Then we hit their camp and hope that fewer than sixteen plus their leader are there.”

Paladria
 player, 57 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 13:48
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria saluted and looked up at Trai, ”You sure about this, big guy? You don’t seem too stealthy to me.”
Xanthas Quell
 player, 16 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 13:51
Re: Main Game Thread
Xanthas grinned, "I don't know Paladria I have seen some big guys who are pretty stealthy. Besides if he isn't, then you should have no problem. They will be more intent on killing him."
Paladria
 player, 58 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 13:56
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria grinned at Xanthas, ”Good call.” Then to Thai, ”Ready when you are.”
Trai Dun
 player, 72 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 14:25
Re: Main Game Thread
"I'm ready!" Trai says and tosses the cultist to Mark,"Good luck to you mateys, let's go." Trai moves quietly as a 7 foot tall Goliath can.

22:24, Today: Trai Dun rolled 12 using 1d20+3.  Stealth check.
Paladria
 player, 59 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 14:26
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria melted back into the dark undergrowth.

09:25, Today: Paladria rolled 19 using 1d20+4.
Westen
 GM, 142 posts
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 19:28
Re: Main Game Thread
In front of you lies the camp. Nothing seems to have changed, and the enemy rangers are still in the positions where Paladria located them earlier. As you come up on the camp, a pair of cultists emerges from one of the tents you didn't investigate earlier; heading off toward the battlefield. Presumably, they are ferrying messages.

Roll a stealth check per ranger. For each result over ten, you can sneak up on one ranger, and execute them. If you fail you have 1 surprise round to kill that ranger before the alarm is raised. If you want to take a different approach, that's fine too.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:32, Wed 22 Jan 2020.

Paladria
 player, 60 posts
 DEATH FROM ABOVE!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 20:34
Re: Main Game Thread
Paladria climbed a tree near the first ranger. She waited for noise to cover the sound her her bow before firing an arrow. The arrow went into the back of his skull and came out of his mouth. He was dead - dead - dead. She whispered, Death from Above.

15:30, Today: Paladria rolled 13 using 1d20+4.  Stealth.

She did not even need to change trees. She just waited for the second ranger fellow to come looking for his friends. As soon as his foot accidentally kicked the dead body, he got a arrow through one temple and the point came out the other side. She looked to see if Thai was successful or if he might need some help.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:26, Wed 22 Jan 2020.

Trai Dun
 player, 73 posts
 HP:14/29 AC:20
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 21:20
Re: Main Game Thread
Trai was hiding in a bush, slowly creeping toward his foe. Once he got close to the two rangers, he cut their heads with a single slash of his blade.



05:16, Today: Trai Dun rolled 12 using 1d20+3.  Stealth


Mark
 player, 51 posts
 HP: 20/21 AC: 14
 Dragonborn Paladin
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 00:40
Re: Main Game Thread
"Whelp. No head on charge then." Mark notices as part of the team wanders off. He then turns to his prisoner "Just a reminder, one wrong move, and you are lizard food. Which reminds me..." he then raises his head to his companions "... does any of you have any food? I'm getting hungry."
Westen
 GM, 148 posts
Sun 26 Jan 2020
at 21:16
Re: Main Game Thread
In the distance you hear the sound of people marching through the woods. They're making enough noise to be heard from quite a ways away, but that noise and distance also makes it impossible to get an accurate read on their numbers. It certainly sounds like over 10 people though. Likely more.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:16, Sun 26 Jan 2020.

Xanthas Quell
 player, 18 posts
 HP 12/12 AC 18 PP 12
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 18:38
Re: Main Game Thread
At the sound of approaching cultist, at least he suspected they were cultists. Xanthas took cover in the undergrowth and trees. Ready to attack or remain hidden based on the actions of the rest of the group.

13:38, Today: Xanthas Quell rolled 22 using 1d20+10.  Stealth.