Sunless Citadel.   Posted by arbiter.Group: 0
Jack Ravings
 player, 112 posts
 HP:33/28 AC:16
 Passive Perception:14
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 21:49
Re: Sunless Citadel
Jack gives a nod and prepares for an assault as his armor slowed him down.


05:59, Today: Jack Ravings rolled 10 using 1d6+4.  Dmg.

05:43, Today: Jack Ravings rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Bonus Scimitar Att.

05:41, Today: Jack Ravings rolled 10 using 1d20+6.  Scimitars att.

05:36, Today: Jack Ravings rolled 7 using 1d20.  Initiative

If Jack rolled higher then the spiders, which I doubt it, he will immediately run to the tower, if not high then he will attack them and then run.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:03, Sat 07 Dec 2019.

Braddoch Min'Mir
 player, 113 posts
 Passive Perception 13
 HP 32/32 * AC 14
Sun 8 Dec 2019
at 00:14
Re: Sunless Citadel
redux

Braddoch uses extra speed to get to the door, turns and fires a missile at an approaching spider thing. At this point, because walking action turned into an attack action, I get an additional attack as Gloomstalker:

Init: 20

Damage sequence as follows:

4 + 7 + 8 + 5 + 4 + 3 = 31 HP of damage.

Is this now correct?

This message was last edited by the player at 15:21, Sun 08 Dec 2019.

Gallo Bain
 player, 50 posts
 Eldritch Knight
 HP 28/28 AC 18
Sun 8 Dec 2019
at 01:19
Re: Sunless Citadel
Gallo is caught completely flat footed.


I'll post after a few others make their move. I'm last for sure.
18:18, Today: Gallo Bain rolled 3 using 1d20+1.  Initiative.

arbiter
 GM, 133 posts
 forgetful
 omnipresent
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 21:19
Re: Sunless Citadel
The spiders descend and Azu struggles with the heavy wooden door. The door isn't locked but it is old and constructed to withstand invaders. Archers thin the wave of spiders with well placed Arrows. Two of the woodgrain insects fall, crumple and twitch on the ground. The door opens and the party rushes into the tower but not fast enough. Jack shields the escape with his body and trades a bite to the forearm for two strikes of his own, two more spiders fall. 1 piercing with DR and 5 poison damage. Con save DC 11 to take half poison damage

The party is now in the tower with the door securely shut. Outside chittering and slurping noises can be heard.

tower shell

This circular area is cobbled with cracked granite, upon which sprawl the bodies of four goblins, apparently slain in combat. One corpse stands with its back against the western wall, the spear that killed it still skewering it and holding it upright. Three wooden doors lead from this area. A hollow tower of loose masonry reaches thirty feet into the air but the intervening floors and stairs are gone, except for a couple of crumbled ledges.
north door-?
South west door-?
East door- crumbled courtyard

Whisper
 player, 106 posts
 Half-Elf Rogue 3 (Thief)
 PP 16 | AC 15 | HP 24/24
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 21:28
Re: Sunless Citadel
Whisper enters the tower just ahead of Jack, so she's close by when he's bitten. She quickly retrieves the Healing Potion from her pouch and pushes it on him. "Hurry, before the poison starts to take hold!" There is clear concern in her voice.
Jack Ravings
 player, 119 posts
 HP:27/28 AC:16
 Passive Perception:14
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 21:47
Re: Sunless Citadel
"'Tis okay silvered one, I be completely fine. That poison was only a mere bug bite, no needs t' waste a good potion fer it." says Jack, though the poison seems to have entered his veins."Oh look at that, 3 doorways. Let's pick th' southwest, considerin' that corpse o'er thar be standin' on th' west must be sign o' somethin'."

05:39, Today: Jack Ravings rolled 10 using 1d20+4.  Con save.
Good thing I still had some temp HP.

Whisper
 player, 107 posts
 Half-Elf Rogue 3 (Thief)
 PP 16 | AC 15 | HP 24/24
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 21:50
Re: Sunless Citadel
"I'd rather not risk you gettin' corpsefied ... or worse, turning into some even more annoying mutant spider version of yourself. I can't have you slinging webs from your hands or crawling up walls all of a sudden." Whisper says, once more offering him the potion.
Azucondi
 player, 86 posts
 HP19AC13Int+2SVDC13
 PP13PIV11PIS13
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 22:02
Re: Sunless Citadel
Azu said, ”If it makes you feel better, I have Restoration, the Lesser. It cures such things, but really.” She walked over and looked into Jack’s eyes, ”I’m pretty sure he will be fine.” She looked around, ”Yes, three doors that we can easily bar and make camp right here, esecially since I need to rest to recover my spells.” She looked at her comrades, ”I will take Last Watch again. Lets make sure we are securely barricaded in here for the night, yes?”
Whisper
 player, 108 posts
 Half-Elf Rogue 3 (Thief)
 PP 16 | AC 15 | HP 24/24
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 22:12
Re: Sunless Citadel
Whisper shrugs, "If you say so, hope we don't wake up in Jack Web tomorrow." Her voice is light, though clearly tired. "I'll take last watch with you." she says to Azucondi. "I'm exhausted." She then moves to help the others barricade and check the doors and the rest of the room.
Jack Ravings
 player, 120 posts
 HP:27/28 AC:16
 Passive Perception:14
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 22:13
Re: Sunless Citadel
"Understandable, I 'ave some stuff that needs t' be examined. I'll loot th' first watch." says Jack, lifting a bunch of dead goblins and piling them on the north door,"Hopefully I won't get haunted fer desecration. I haven't mastered me exorcism trainin' yet." says Jack almost done barricading the north.
Braddoch Min'Mir
 player, 118 posts
 Passive Perception 13
 HP 32/32 * AC 14
Mon 9 Dec 2019
at 23:47
Re: Sunless Citadel
"I'll take first watch," said Braddoch. "Best keep a close eye on things. What do you all think the odds are of me finding a place on the walls above from which to keep watch?"

After a moment, he adds, "Someone see if the goblins have any arrows on 'em."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:48, Mon 09 Dec 2019.

Jack Ravings
 player, 121 posts
 HP:27/28 AC:16
 Passive Perception:14
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 00:02
Re: Sunless Citadel
07:59, Today: Jack Ravings rolled 3 using 1d20+1.  Investigation check.
Jack attempts to search the body's but stubs his toe in the process"Ah! Son o' a mackerel!"
arbiter
 GM, 134 posts
 forgetful
 omnipresent
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 17:42
Re: Sunless Citadel
The bodies of the goblins have already been looted. The only item that might be of use is the spear pinning a goblin to the wall.

How does the party bar/barricade the south west and east doors?

How does Braddoch climb the tower walls? The party did just cross a courtyard full of ruble, how the rest of the structure holds up is unknown.

We have two for first watch and two for forth, leaving second and third unaccounted for. Thoese on watch, do you use a light source?


During first watch, the north door is tested ever so slightly.

Between second and third watch moaning and thumping can be heard from the southern wall.
Azucondi
 player, 87 posts
 HP19AC13Int+2SVDC13
 PP13PIV11PIS13
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 18:51
Re: Sunless Citadel
Azu advocated strongly to baring and/or barricading all doors, North, South, East, and West, plus any others that might be here and those that might not be here. Barricades and bars are our friends.

I can aid Braddoch by casting Enhance Ability (Cat’s Grace) on him. This wil give him advantage on all Dex based ability checks and:
 The target has advantage on Dexterity checks. It also doesn't take damage from falling 20 feet or less if it isn't incapacitated.

During Last Watch Azu will cast Light spell on one of her bolts and stick it point down in the ground.

I would like to have some character moments with Whisper during our watch. I will handle those by PM.

Braddoch Min'Mir
 player, 119 posts
 Passive Perception 13
 HP 32/32 * AC 14
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 20:00
Re: Sunless Citadel
"How long does your spell last, Azu?"

He's asking regarding Cat's Grace.
Azucondi
 player, 88 posts
 HP19AC13Int+2SVDC13
 PP13PIV11PIS13
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 20:05
Re: Sunless Citadel
Azu replied "One hour so long as I concentrate."
Braddoch Min'Mir
 player, 120 posts
 Passive Perception 13
 HP 32/32 * AC 14
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 22:48
Re: Sunless Citadel
"Ah, well, that sounds great!"

So saying, he starts climbing toward a potential perch upon the walls where he should be able to scan the surrounds.

Acrobatics:

17:41, Today: Braddoch Min'Mir rolled 9 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 4.

17:41, Today: Braddoch Min'Mir rolled 24 using 1d20+5 with rolls of 19.  Acrobatics.

Athletics:

Instead of +5 modifiers, the modifier for athletics is only +1 for strength. Both rolls would be:20 & 5 respectively.
arbiter
 GM, 138 posts
 forgetful
 omnipresent
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 17:43
Re: Sunless Citadel
Braddoch makes his ascent. The tower walls are old, the masonry falling apart. He finds hand and foot holds and is now in a ruined doorway a story up. Whatever cataclysm brought the citadel low, also caved in whatever was beyond the door. It is now a handy perch and nothing more.

Gallo removes a brass braizer And starts chanting. He lights incense and herbs in the braizer. Heavy smoke trails skyward. Gallo continues chanting as he catches and shapes the smoke. He punctuates the chanting with a mighty clap. The smoke swirls and materializes into a smoky owl.

I'll take second watch. Artemis will take second

Later
Gallo quietly wakes the others, in a whisper.
There is something at the northern door
Braddoch Min'Mir
 player, 121 posts
 Passive Perception 13
 HP 32/32 * AC 14
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 18:34
Re: Sunless Citadel
Braddoch wakes immediately, readies his bow with 'Hail of Thorns.' He then nocks an arrow and concentrates on the northern door.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:35, Wed 11 Dec 2019.

Azucondi
 player, 89 posts
 HP19AC13Int+2SVDC13
 PP13PIV11PIS13
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 18:50
Re: Sunless Citadel
Brought back to consciousness by Gallo, Azu pulled her crossbow and pointed it at the door. Then she looked crossly at Gallo, ”Barricade. Can I go back to sleep now?”
arbiter
 GM, 139 posts
 forgetful
 omnipresent
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 19:19
Re: Sunless Citadel
Gallo
Barricaded by four small goblin bodies. Something out there is smart enough to try the door and then wise enough to not tip their hand but next time I won't wake you up.
Jack Ravings
 player, 123 posts
 HP:27/28 AC:16
 Passive Perception:14
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 21:28
Re: Sunless Citadel
Jack wakes up from slumber and pulls out his sword,"Hmm, that doesn't sound good, but as long as naught be in here then we be safe fer now." Jack says and goes back to sleep.
Whisper
 player, 110 posts
 Half-Elf Rogue 3 (Thief)
 PP 16 | AC 15 | HP 24/24
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 18:56
Re: Sunless Citadel
THEN
Whisper helps to barricade and find weaknesses in their defenses before bedding down for the evening. Once she's sure they're secured and well-protected, she finds a spot hidden by shadow and rubble to sleep.
Whisper rolled 21 using 1d20+3.  Investigation.
NOW
quote:
Gallo quietly wakes the others, in a whisper.
There is something at the northern door

Whisper wakes quickly, grabbing her bow and silently nocking an arrow. She remains silent and hidden, but watches Braddoch as he explores the area.
Braddoch Min'Mir
 player, 122 posts
 Passive Perception 13
 HP 32/32 * AC 14
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 03:11
Re: Sunless Citadel
Braddoch searches the surrounds from his vantage. He gets the feeling he's missing something he should be seeing.

22:10, Today: Braddoch Min'Mir rolled 11 using 1d20+3 ((8)). Perception.
Azucondi
 player, 91 posts
 HP19AC13Int+2SVDC13
 PP13PIV11PIS13
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 17:00
Re: Sunless Citadel
Azu held her crossbow, covering those at the door.

Ready Action: Crossbow attack
Trigger: Anything hostile on the other side of the door.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:50, Mon 30 Dec 2019.