1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Dragondog
 GM, 171 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 17:17
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Previously on Shadowland
Four students at Croatan College had driven a 6x6 Mercedez Benz pickup to San Diego.
At their final stop, they had witnessed an all-out battle between vampires and werewolves.
Three of them had died! All of them had been transformed into something more.

To save the unlives of two, all four had entered the shadow world of vampires in the service of Baron De La Vega.

And they then scattered to the winds to find their own part of Shadowland.




Asali drives an old car with Dean in the passenger seat. You are traveling west in the city. You started after sunset from near Five Willow Spring, in the more rural parts of the county, where you had spent the past week in training. You were running some errands.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:43, Thu 28 Nov 2019.

Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 90 posts
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 18:26
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
It had been a week, although it felt like a short lifetime.

Every night was spent trying to cram as much new information as he could into his head, and every morning he went into the oblivion of the day sleep trying to deal with the shock of it all.

He had been keeping mental note of things to talk with Jack about when they next met, and he had been getting closer to deciding on a plan. He was considering more or less heading into Mexico, then sneaking back across the border leaving his disappearance in the hands of the shady border towns, coyotes and cartels. Things were a mess down in TJ and American tourists vanished all the time.

He had pulled out his cash, as if he was going on a big trip. This also limited his involvement with the banks in the future. And then he had spent nearly a full night bouncing around between thrift stores trying to find things in his size. He was now favoring a decidedly more rural look, and has some on old brown logging boots, broken in blue jeans, a t-shirt and a flannel.

At first, the silence out there, the lack of wi-fi, had bothered him. But he was already feeling more at home. He had enough things to worry about as is and the crowds and traffic and cameras and the threat of werewolves, hunters and who knew what else made him appreciate an area where he could see and hear things coming.

He had not picked up a dog yet, although he was aware of the value of one. He had just felt too mobile to worry about feed, care and training. He had been looking an Enduro style motorcycles however, and was hoping to pick one up as soon as he could manage it. Asali had rubbed off on him in more ways than one.

"So is it true?" he asked out of the blue. "The silver thing and werewolves?"
Asali Amir
 NPC Schimba Vampire, 12 posts
 5'6" 115 lbs Dog Owner
 Dean's Sire
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 21:18
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"I guess that depends on what you have heard," Asali says. "Silver does kill them, as does our claws. Silver also prevents them from healing. So silver is a good ally. Almost as good as a dog.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 91 posts
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 22:08
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean smiles. He likes dogs, he was probably going to get one in the future, but he did not feel he was in a good place for one at the moment. Asali really liked dogs, so it was an effort to explain his reasoning for the delay on occasion.

"Yeah, not like there's a lot of pure silver just laying around out there though". He glanced out the window. "How do you make money by the way? I get that Schimba is not like, say, Cravat when it comes to fancy cars and all that. Bit I'd imagine it's still nice to have some on hand now and then?"

He had been trying to give her a break from the constant questions over the past few days, but these seemed like good ones to know.
Dragondog
 GM, 174 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 06:06
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"We Schimba are more into the nature and animal side of things and generally hang out at the edge of cities than inside them. So we're generally the first to encounter wolves. And we generally seek sources of income that allows for that freedom. Having to do it at night limits our options."

"You may have seen the dust road airport near where we've been staying, I own On the Rocks Airport. It doesn't see much traffic, but there are some powerful people who like the privacy and they are willing to pay a premium so that we can remain open. And as others operate it for me, it can be used 24/7. If you have the money to invest, owning a business where others do the work and you get the profit, allows me to do what I do best."

"As for the Baron, he has an image to uphold. I suspect he likes that image and that that is at least one of the reasons he has used his age derived wealth to do what I do, only on a larger scale. Most Assassins are generally not that ostentatious."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 92 posts
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 17:44
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"That makes sense" Dean replies. If Werewolves did stereotypically prefer rural areas, they were bound to come into contact with Clan Shimba earlier and more often than the others.

"I guess I'll have to come up with something then. Did that sound like a solid plan to you? Disappearing over the border? It's not perfect but I figure it's better than just... disappearing."
Asali Amir
 NPC Schimba Vampire, 13 posts
 5'6" 115 lbs Dog Owner
 Dean's Sire
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 18:05
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"That's a new problem for me," Asali says. "The ones I've trained previously have all been legally dead. It usually takes days for the infection to take hold and raise you to unlife. I've never heard of anyone besides the two of you who made the transition in hours."

"You know your family better than I do. Would they accept your disappearance as your death? Or would they look for you? Would your family feel better about a fake death with remains that can be buried or would a disappearance be sufficient?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 93 posts
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 18:30
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean thinks about the question for a few moments. "Remains would be ideal, sure, but where would we get something like that? Especially my size?"

The sudden nature of their transformation he had no answer for, and he made a mental note to ask Sparrow and the guys about it next time he saw them.
Asali Amir
 NPC Schimba Vampire, 14 posts
 5'6" 115 lbs Dog Owner
 Dean's Sire
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 18:45
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Asali sighs.

"I know people who can make that happen. Unfortunately, they are the kind of people you don't want to own a favor."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 94 posts
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 22:58
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean made a sort of grunting sound. "I've got enough on my plate already. Next time I see Jack I'll see if he wants in, and if he does, maybe we'll just make the run south."

He did wonder when he would see his friends again. Not that he minded being out here, it was just that Asali was his Sire. He felt he had to conduct himself a certain way in her presence. They were not equals by any stretch, and the freedom of being among friends was something he missed at times.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" He asked, having obeyed her command to get in the car first thing after they had awoken.
Asali Amir
 NPC Schimba Vampire, 15 posts
 5'6" 115 lbs Dog Owner
 Dean's Sire
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 23:42
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"That may be a wise choice," Asali says. "As for today, we have some errands to run and some people to see." She then pulls over at a garage. There are some motorcycles parked in front of the building and there's a large roof over the front area. A large sign says Sunny Day Motorcycles. "You wanted a motorcycle, this is the place."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 95 posts
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 00:02
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean smiles gently as he gets out of the car. He has come to trust Asali, and it was thanks to little things like this. He did need transportation, and she had brought him here to resolve the problem.

While he was loath to part with what little money he had saved, he needed something to get around, and he would not be able to follow Asali around like a puppy forever.

He had decided on a bike for a number of reasons, including but not limited to cost, utility, fuel, being able to manuver in traffic and his newfound ability to more or less regenerate incredible wounds through Vampirism. Taking a bad hit on a bike was a lot less terrifying when you could knot flesh and bone over the course of a few nights.

That being the case, many bikes were still too small for him, and so he took an interest in the largest one he could find, an old tan and black KLR 650. Not the sexiest or the fastest, but it could take a beating and he did not look comical astride it.

He glanced to the little sticker on the windshield.
Dragondog
 GM, 178 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 01:13
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
A Polynesian couple exits the garage.

The male, who exits first, and Asali wrap the fingers of their right hand around the other's thumb at about chest height, pull each other a little closer and than slap the other on the back. She then repeats the greeting with the female.

"This is Kai and Matahina," Asali says. "They are members of the club too."

[The male is portrayed by Temuera Morrison and the female by Vaitiaré Hirshon.]
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 97 posts
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 14:42
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"How's it goin guys? Good to meet you." Dean jerks his head up as he greets them. "I'm new, obviously" he shrugs slightly. "Nice place" he looks around at the bikes before them.
Dragondog
 GM, 183 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 15:43
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The newcomers greeted Dean. "He is a big guy," Matahina says.

"Yeah. Which is why he needs a big bike."

"It's ready for him," Kai says and walks over to the bike Dean had looked at earlier. "We listed it at twice the cost of a new one just to make sure no one else would buy it. He ripped the sticker. Why don't you try it out for a while and let us know how it works and we can talk about payment later."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 98 posts
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 16:14
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Really?" Dean seems surprised at the generosity and trust. "Well thanks Kai" he smiles and nods slightly "I'll be sure to stay in touch. Well, Asali would tear me a new one if I didn't, but, ya know" he glanced to his Sire with a smile. "I appreciate it" he adds more seriously.

Now he felt the need to get Kai and Matahina some money for the bike all the more. He had nearly always been on a team growing up, and he finds himself taking on the Clan Schimba identity all the more as the nights pass.
Dragondog
 GM, 188 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 20:05
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Really," Matahina confirms.

Asali's phone rings and she brought it out of her pocket. "Can you load up the bike, it's the Baron."

She steps away and starts talking on the phone while the couple loads the bike up on the pickup bed.

"The Baron needs us Big Guy," Asali says to Dean as she is putting the phone away.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 99 posts
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 21:12
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean immediately hopped up in the back and got to work securing the bike with a few ratchet straps when Asali asked Kai and Matahina to load the bike.

When Asali came back, Dean was standing on the bed when he got the news that the Baron wanted to see them. He immediately felt a knot in his stomach, or at least perceived something along those lines. We this it? We're they being sent into something dangerous?

He jumped down and thanked the couple again before he loaded up in the truck for the drive into the city.
Dragondog
 GM, 192 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 30 Nov 2019
at 12:43
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The duo returns to Arcane Lux, parks in the underground garage, and is guided up to the private third floor by a MIB. This time you are ushered into the Baron's office. Which it turns out is larger than the Oval Office and more imposing!

Two other individuals are in the room, Asali goes up to one of them, has a brief conversation, and Feeds for a second, before closing the wound and stepping back.

The other person is the big guy you Fed on a week ago and with a gesture, the Baron invites you to Feed. "I need you both at your prime."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 100 posts
Sat 30 Nov 2019
at 15:37
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The stark contrast between their own existence and that of Prince De Vega is all the more clear upon Dean's return to the Arcane Lux and its inner chambers.

With enough time, and momentum it occurred to him that a successful Vampire could earn billions over the decades or centuries through investment. That was even without the tricks of the blood and whatever else he may not be aware of yet.

But was that for him? Could he ever approach anything resembling comfort in a place like this? It is hard for him to imagine, but he suspects that much like Asali, his future is not bound for a palace whatever happens.

He stares up and around the cavernous space, feeling conspicuous in his t-shirt, flannel and dusty jeans. He nods deeply to the Prince in respect, and then nods to the man he has been offered before he takes his fill. The Prince does not need to offer a free meal twice.

When he closes the puncture wounds and steps back he looks to the Prince expectantly, but says nothing, aware that Asali is the ranking Vampire here and should probably speak first.
Dragondog
 GM, 194 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 30 Nov 2019
at 16:12
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The two members of the Baron's Herd leave after you have Fed. As do the MIB who closes the door behind him.

"What you will see and hear hereafter cannot be shared with anyone else. Not even your clan or your cohort. Is that understood?"

"It is," Asali says.

The Baron waits until Dean agrees too. He then starts playing chess with himself on a magnificent gilded chessboard, large as an end table. And suddenly a bookshelf moves and reveals a series of runes etched into the wall, shaped like a portal.

De La Vega returns the pieces to their starting positions, walks to the portal, bites his thumb, and smears some of the blood on the portal. And when he has done so, the portal starts to shimmer until a portal is revealed.

"After you," the Baron says.

"Be on your toes," Asali says. "We're here to protect the Baron." She then steps through the portal.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 101 posts
Sat 30 Nov 2019
at 19:00
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean does not feel that he has many options, and is hesitant at first to agree to keep a secret from the Clan who had treated him so well. But he follows his Sires lead and is surprised to see the hidden doorway fall open to reveal the markings.

He stiffles any exclamations of wonder, but is reminded of the portal that he first saw in the Jade Dragon, a memory that still returns to him frequently.

He heeds Asali's advice, cracked his neck one way then the other, then gathers his courage and steps through into the unknown.
Dragondog
 GM, 197 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 30 Nov 2019
at 20:56
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
You are not the first in the room. Two wolfmen tower over you. Another two, who look more like Darth Maul from Star Wars than anything else, are also bigger than you are, two dressed in white robes with hidden faces, and two other human looking people.

De La Vega steps through the portal after you, signs to you to remain in place, while he walks away to join four figures in the distance. As he walks away, the portal closes behind him.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 102 posts
Sat 30 Nov 2019
at 21:49
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
As Dean's eye adjust he takes in the towering forms around him and tries hard to remain outwardly unfazed. Here before him stands all the evidence he needed to understand while so many young Vampires, especially Vampires of his own Clan, perished in their early nights.

Here he was, but a week into his unlife, and being used (as least in his own mind) as muscle. Schimba Vampires had belonged to the special assault group the Prince had assembled, they were the only ones Dean knew of that knew the mastery of shifting their bodies onto weapons that would prove deadly to a werewolf, just as a werewolves claws were deadly to themselves. Then of course here they were on the front lines of negotiation.

It paints a better picture for him in his mind of how his Clan is perceived and employed.

He did not even know what to make of the gigantic horned creatures.

He knew first hand how easily those werewolf claws could punch through even his supernaturally durable flesh however, and so he hoped dearly that everything would go smoothly.

He follows Asali's lead and tries to stay on his toes.
Asali Amir
 NPC Schimba Vampire, 16 posts
 5'6" 115 lbs Dog Owner
 Dean's Sire
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 23:15
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Welcome to the Shadow Council," Asali whispers. "Werewolves, demons, angels, fae, and us. Over there you have the head of the various factions," she nods to De La Vega and the group of five in the distance. They have these meetings when something happens that affects all of Shadowland."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 103 posts
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 00:50
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean watches the assembly in mute amazement as Asali speaks. Dean was not from a religious family, but he knew the basics that just about everyone picked up by sheer exposure. There had been a war in Heaven, some of the Angels had risen up in Rebellion against their Creator and had been cast down into the pit.

How much of it was true? How much of it was missing? And were these beings before him older than the human race? Or some newer souls that had "worked" their way into their respective positions? Where then would he as a Vampire go after he was destroyed? A hundred questions, and so few answers.

It seems to him that everything beyond the norms of human experience was some how possible now that he had glimpsed behind the curtain.

He took his place with Asali near the Prince and tried not to stare as he represented his faction.
Dragondog
 GM, 201 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 16:47
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
As the five leaders were meeting in the distance, Asali goes over to the two Fae bodyguards. From their talking, it is obvious that she knows them. Both male and female Fae are very beautiful, but compared to Sparrow, they are merely attractive.

"New guy," the female Fae asks looking at you.

"Yes," Asali responds and if you didn't accompany her to them, she waves you over.

"A big guy," the female Fae continues. "He looks like he has a bit of Wolf in him."

Both werewolves instantly turn towards the Fae with an intimidating and unapproving, deep growl in their throats.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:25, Wed 04 Dec 2019.

Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 104 posts
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 19:11
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean follows Asali over and nods to the Fae in turn. "How's it goin" he states more than asks. He's new here, a curiosity for the moment, but he has no delusions about his importance here. He's bottom of the totem pole, but here to do work.

When the werewolves turn on Asali, Dean does his utmost to hold his ground without squaring up for a fight. "Hey, I'll take that as a compliment" he replies to the Fae and as he glances back to her. He was not looking to pick any fights here.
Dragondog
 GM, 205 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 17:00
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Cute," the female Fae says and traces a finger down your cheek. "I'm Rose," and with the red color of her hair, it was an apt name. "I wouldn't mind showing you the Seelie Court when you have some time. In the interest of Shadowland cooperation and unity."

"He's going to be quite busy for quite some time," Asali says. "New guy and all that." And she pulls you away from them and towards the angels.

Rose giggles. "It's a wonderful place. Let me know when you want to see it."

"You shouldn't go there," Asali whispers as you walk away. A couple of steps later, she fist bumps the closest angel.


[OOC: An artist's impression of Rose]
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 107 posts
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 19:51
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean smiles in a smitten way at Rose as he is dragged away, and only after a few steps was he able to catch his wits. "Sorry...still getting used to those Far" he says to Asali somewhat knowingly before he find himself in front of an honest to God Angel.

"Sup" is all he manages with a faint jerk of his head, wondering what on Earth he was doing among all these beings of legend.
Dragondog
 GM, 209 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 20:39
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Both of the angels nodded to you in unison.

"Dean," Kyle says. "We had our eye on you. Too bad you joined the other team."

Asali seems genuinely surprised.


[OOC: Kyle portraied by Kerr Smith]
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 109 posts
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 20:57
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean laughs. It was a real laugh, earnest and clear and not the laugh of a dead thing filled with stolen blood. Some last echo of the young man be had recently been.

"Well, if it helps at all, I didn't really have a choice. I appreciate you telling me though" he nods to them both. "It's a real honor"

What could have been? Had things gone a little more differently? Could he have been counted among God's trusted servants? Helping people to live a more virtuous life? To be a righteous force for good on the world.

But no, he was dead. He would always be dead, until he was cut apart, immolated or reduced to bits of ash on the breeze. No passing in his sleep anymore, just the long, long march towards eternity.

If he lived, and standing this close to those werewolves, it was a pretty big if.

"She's taking good care of me though" he jerked his head towards Asali. There was no point in dwelling on what might have been, it was better to deal with things as they were, and right now Asali was his mentor, his Sire, his lifeline onto a dangerous world he was just beginning to dip his toes into.
Dragondog
 GM, 214 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 12:21
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"You rarely have any choice with them," Kyle says. "I'm Kyle, by the way."

"That's not generally true," Asali interjects. "Most have a choice."

"You would say so wouldn't you."

"Let's not talk politics shall we."

"Of course."

Dean Mason:
"She's taking good care of me though"


"Of course. That's her job. And she's very good at her job."

"Talk to you later," Asali says and Kyle responded in kind.

She heads over to the demons and exchanges greetings with both of them.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 110 posts
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 18:48
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean is less comfortable approaching the Demons. It was as if all the awe he had felt tolds the angels had been reversed. He holds back a bit and nods, watching Asali and how she interacts with them. If he was on "the other team" does this mean that the Demons and themselves shared political goals? It was hard to admit, but the immortal drinkers of blood probably had more in common with the servants of Hell than the Angels of Heaven on the surface of things, as much as that disturbed him.
Dragondog
 GM, 220 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 23:00
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Both demons greet Dean.

"I'm Abraxas," the left one says.

"And I'm Java," the right one says. "No relation to coffee or the programing language."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 111 posts
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 18:03
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Dean" he introduces himself in turn. "The new guy." Well, one of the new guys, he thinks to himself.

"I didn't realize you guys would be so...huge" he admits as he glanced between them.
Dragondog
 GM, 222 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 22:47
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Intimidation," Abraxas says and smiles. His teeth are black. Not unhealthy, naturally black.

"Like us, they come in all sizes," Asali says.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 112 posts
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 23:05
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean supressess a shudder when the demon smiles, the impression somewhere between the teeth being made of polished obsidian or some sort of wet metal.

But the message was so clear that he felt stupid for having missed it. The werewolves, the Demons, the pretty little Fae. These were not average representatives of their respective factions, they were here to make a point for much the same reasons he had been brought.

We don't just hide in the shadows, it said, we have physical power as well, and our numbers are growing.

Dean tries not to think about all the messed up things a person would need to do in order to not only join the ranks of Hell, but to climb the ladder. That was if they were not originals, former Angels if the story was true. And that would make them ancient beyond reckoning.

Abraxus even sounded like something you would read on a Dead Sea scroll.

"Good to know" Dean replies, then looks to Abraxus. "Kyle seemed to think we were on the same team, you and us. Is there an alliance or something there I haven't heard about?"
Dragondog
 GM, 224 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sun 8 Dec 2019
at 23:20
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Abraxas laughed. A deep horrendous kind of laughter.

"The angels are a little peculiar in how they determine teams," he says. "If you're not with us, you're against us. A different way of looking at it could say that all of us have an alliance as all of us are here."

"While a third way of looking at things could make the question a lot more complex."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 113 posts
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 00:47
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"How so?" Dean asks in turn, hoping to develop a deeper understanding of just what he was about to witness.
Dragondog
 GM, 227 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 01:36
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"That's the question isn't it," Abraxas says. "We have these two simplistic views. We know that neither of them is accurate. Whatever that leaves must be something more complex. Something more personal. It's not black and white. You could call it gray, but I prefer a rainbow of colors."
Dragondog
 GM, 232 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 10:38
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
As the evening continued, Asali moved among the various others who were there, except the werewolves. The werewolves didn't talk to anyone. Demons and angels didn't talk to each other. And the Fae, just like Asali, talked to everyone else other than the werewolves.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 114 posts
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 20:12
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean tried to soak it all up. There were layers upon layers here, hundreds of not thousands of years of history, and he was just trying to tread water. Very,very deep water.

Be was a grunt, the muscle, a show piece. But the fact that he was here at all was encouraging. When the Prince had needed people, people to represent them, he had called Asali, and by extension himself. This meant that while they were stereotyped as being half feral, they still had a part to play.

Now Dean was wondering how long it would be before he was really expected to perform.

He stuck nearer his Sire, and asked a few questions quietly when he felt it was appropriate.
Dragondog
 GM, 237 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 03:58
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The meeting took a few hours and the five heads your way.

As they come close enough, both the angel and the demon greet Asali in a friendly manner, calling her Sheriff. The werewolf leader just growls at her. And the Fae leader doesn't acknowledge her at all.

Flames erupt around the demon leader and they and he then fade from view and is gone. The demon guards then start to fade, their body being replaced by numerous dust particles in the shape of their bodies, but as with atoms, it is mostly empty space. The dust particles are then blown to the side as if by a breeze and vanish.

The lead angel turns into spheres of light that travel upward before they disappear and his guards do the same.

The werewolf leader opens a portal in the same manner De La Vega had brought you here and they leave.

And De La Vega has reopened your portal and you are soon back in his office. And the portal is closed behind you.

"Until this Hunter has been dealt with, there is a ceasefire in Shadowland. All operations are put on hold. With one exception. The werewolves claim that the Banshees are rogue and so they are not protected by the ceasefire. They have to be dealt with."

"They have been difficult to find," Asali says. "And recently their attacks have been better armed than ever before."

"They are a pain in the neck and while the Hunter is a problem you are free to deal with them without repercussions. So make it your top priority."

"Yes my Baron. Talking about repercussions, what about the Jade Dragon?"

"The werewolves brought it up and they believe that it is the work of the Hunter. Or so they say. That reminds me, just before you arrived I was informed that the Justicar has been challenged by the Earl of New York."

"That will make a good change. A good leader should have a strong chin. The Justicar has no chin and his Alastor has several. That is a very bad combination."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:56, Fri 20 Dec 2019.

Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 116 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 04:35
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean had become far more used to being confronted with strange and archaic speech, including titles since he had joined the ranks of the living dead. He could not pretend to know what they all meant, but he felt he had at least absorbed a better sense of when it was appropriate to ask for clarification.

Wasting the Prince's time would not be in good taste.

"It was an honor to be included sir." Asali was no bootlick, that was clear as crystal, but Dean was new, and unproven, so he felt the gesture appropriate. The Prince has trusted him and his Sire to the point of bringing them out in front of the other major players, and that meant something.
Dragondog
 GM, 239 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 08:03
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Of course," the Baron says. "You're one of us now. How is your training going?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 117 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 16:56
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Good" Dean replies earnestly, punctuated by a nod, then a glance to his Sire. "Asali's demanding, but I'm learning every night. After I found out about the ah..." He searchs inwardly for the right term. "Attrition, with Clan Schimba, I was mostly concerned with just surviving the year" he continues a little morosely. "I guess I still am if I'm honest, but I couldn't ask for a better coach. We've mostly been working on feeding safely, hand to hand combat, and keeping under the radar. Trying to make a clean break from, well, my old life." The knowledge that he still needed to take care of that weighed on him. It needed to happen, sooner than later.
Dragondog
 GM, 240 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 17:24
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Trying to make a clean break ends up in a mess," De La Vega says. "It is something that has to be done. Trying to breathe. Trying to Feed. Trying to Create. It's all like trying to remove your pants before taking a dump. If you don't do it, all you have is a mess."

"Our Traditions are there for a reason. To avoid the mess. Find a way and do it soon!"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 118 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 17:49
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Yes sir" Dean nods. "I've got a plan...just, need to pull the trigger."

He had the bike now, and Jack, well Jack was hip deep in his own issues. He could be waiting another month for them to get together.

The TJ Plan, as he had taken to calling it, would probably not take more than a few nights. It was just daunting, but it needed to happen. There and back, hell, tens of thousands of normal illegal migrants did it every year.

But then again, they didn't burst into flames come the dawn.
Dragondog
 GM, 241 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 18:06
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The Baron nods and Asali leads him out of the office as if some unspoken signal has been given. They took the elevator down to the underground garage.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 119 posts
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 20:21
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean waits till he's in the elevator before he opens up with the questions. "I'll admit, I didn't catch a lot of that. Sheriff? Banshee? Justicar and Alastor? Don't think I've heard those before."
Dragondog
 GM, 242 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 03:22
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"There's a lot to learn Big Guy," Asali says. "Some of it more important than others. The Sheriff is the law enforcer, exactly as you would expect, but she is more than that. She is also Secret Service and protects the Baron. And she carries out his rulings. In a way, you could say that the Sheriff is the Baron's Hand. He decides and she executes."

"The Banshee is a group of werewolves. The worst kind. Think of them as a gang. They take what they want. They kill anyone in their way."

"Most of our government is local. The Baron or Earl and the Batran govern locally, they set the rules to uphold the Traditions. And one city can do that quite differently than another. You can think of the Justicar as the President. His reach and responsibility is the entire country. There's not much to do, but he outranks everyone else. And the Alastor is his Vice President."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 120 posts
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 22:50
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean felt the pieces click into place. Nobody had ever called him brilliant, and it was likely that someone sharper would have put this all together immediately, but he felt like he had "caught up" so to speak.

"So...because we've all got a common enemy with this Hunter, we don't have to watch our backs because the cease fire." He begins  "And because you're the Sheriff, it frees you up (us up, he thought in the back of his mind) to tackle these Banshees. And the werewolves are cool with that because..." He trailed off as he thought. "The Banshees aren't playing ball. Kind like we would go after our own, or be cool with someone else doing it, if they were a risk to our laws." Dean states with just a hint of a question, as if he wonders if he is correct so far.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:50, Sat 21 Dec 2019.

Dragondog
 GM, 244 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 03:12
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Right," Asali says. "But considering how long that meeting took, getting them there wasn't easy. And most don't know that these meetings take place. Not because they are secret per se, but because we still live in the old world where these things aren't trumpeted from towers by a ceaseless torrent of radio waves."

"And having said that, it's always a good idea to watch our backs as everyone doesn't play ball. And some may take this opportunity to liven things up, if you will."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 121 posts
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 05:12
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean takes the point with a nod of admission. It was obviously not a good idea to let their guard down regardless.

"So what's the plan? Am I going to be on my own for awhile? Or did you want me involved in all...this?" he asks, referring to her most recent assignment.
Dragondog
 GM, 245 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 09:49
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"We have nothing to go on right now," Asali says. "And you need some time on your own and with your cohort too."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 122 posts
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 18:21
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Alright, I think I'll spend a little time with the bike and then unless something comes up, I may head South for a bit." He begins "I'll use up what's left of my card on the way, close out that account, kill my cellphone,  and plan on meeting you back home...if that works for you?"
Dragondog
 GM, 248 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 11:26
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"That sounds perfect," Asali says. "Remember to find a safe place if you stay overday." She also gave you instructions on how to contact Luis, a Schimba south of the border, so that you could introduce yourself to the Baron down there, as Tradition demands.

"Anything else you need?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 123 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 15:41
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean think about that for a few seconds before he nodded. "Actually, do you know how to read a map and compass?" He asked. "When I ditch my phone I'm not gonna have a GPS or anything and I figure a map's a lot better than nothing"
Dragondog
 GM, 249 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 16:26
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"I do," Asali says. She brought out a local map and a compass and showed Dean how to use them. And gave him plenty of opportunity to try under supervision.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 124 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 18:09
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
It takes Dean a little effort to orient his mind to the map, topography and cardinal directions, but after a little while he feels much more confident in at least being able to head in the direction of his choosing.

Being down south of the border was going to be hard enough without getting lost.

As dawn grows closer he thanks Asali once again, then wishes her luck and takes his leave to go let his Cohort know about his plans and to prepare for the journey that would effectively kill a large part of the mortal remnants he was still agonizing over.
Dragondog
 GM, 250 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 19:15
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
You drove back to the city and to the Marina District in particular. Harbor Tower West, at 100 Harbor Drive, was her address. One of two 52 story residential towers. You entered the lobby and you saw signs for a spa and a fitness center. And you had passed a pool outside. There was also a sign for the elevators.

This looked more like a luxury hotel than any apartment building you'd ever visited before.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 125 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 20:12
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean worked with Asali to unload the truck, and ran through a quick shakedown on the old bike around the parking garage.

It was not the fastest, and it was a lower end bike to begin with, but the scrapes around the drop bars spoke of good hard use and he felt that it would probably hold up well to the abuse he was probably going to put it through.

When he was done, he slipped into his new riding gear, thankful that his Polynesian clan brothers and sisters understood a thing or two about shopping large. With the slightly scratched up goggles in place, he fired it up, gave Asali one last wave and took it out into traffic towards Sparrows.

When he pulled up to the place, he felt much like he had returning to the Prince's domain. Dirty and out of place. He parked the bike and went looking for the Fae, his black helmet cradled under one meaty arm of his riding jacket as he looked up and around the lobby.

"I'm uh...looking for Abe? Don't suppose you know him? New guy last few weeks or so." he asked the concierge uncertainly.
Dragondog
 GM, 251 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 20:28
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Not really no," they responded. "No condos have been sold recently."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 126 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 20:31
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Former Marine, handsome... probably in the company of a, well..." He smirks. "A particularly beautiful woman that loves here." he looks up and around as if he could somehow see through the walls and ceilings.
Dragondog
 GM, 252 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 20:34
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Of course," they say. "And you are?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 127 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 20:39
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"If you could tell them Dean's here, I'd appreciate it." Dean replies, and paces a bit around the lobby.
Dragondog
 GM, 253 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 20:46
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
She makes a call. "This is the front desk. A Dean is here. He is a friend of Abe's." Pause. "Of course. Thank you." And she hung up.

"Abe isn't here, but you're welcome to come up." She points at the door to the elevators. Please, take elevator A and ride up to the penthouse."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 128 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 20:50
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Thanks" Dean nods and walks over to the elevator where he presses the button  for the Penthouse Suite.
Dragondog
 GM, 255 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 22:10
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
As Dean approached the door, she buzzed him in. Elevator A took a little while to get to Dean when called for. And going that far, it took the elevator some time to get to the penthouse too.

When you arrived, Sparrow let you into her luxury apartment.

"How can I help you," she asks.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 129 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 23:39
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Heya Sparrow" Dean greeted her as he was in again struck by her beauty, he himself looking a little more dusty since last they had met. "I was hoping to find Abe, is he around?"
Dragondog
 GM, 256 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 05:58
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Unfortunately not," Sparrow says. "He's spending the weekend with his family. Anything I can help you with?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 130 posts
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 02:41
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The sensation surprises Dean, a sort of ache that seemed to simultaneously inhabit both his chest and his mind. Here was Abe, spending time with family. Handsome, pampered and able to more or less pick up where he left off. Dean did not hold it against him, no, he was happy for him if anything. But it still hurt.

Here was Dean, a dead thing, about to cut himself off from what used to constitute the basics of normal life. A cellphone, a bank account. To try and convince his family that he was gone, so that they could move on.

It was like he was starting all over again, but everything had bee corrupted. Instead of a family, he had a clan. Instead of a son or a daughter, he could Sire a Youngling. Instead of studying medicine, he now studied way to defend himself against impossibly powerful killers in a war he never asked to join.

"Ah...no, maybe just tell him I stopped by please? And that I'll have a new number soon, so don't bother with the old one. I should be back in a few days." he turns to go, paused, and glances back. "Thanks"
Dragondog
 GM, 258 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 18:41
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"I will do that," Sparrow says. "And if there is anything you need. ANYTHING. Let me know. I may not be your Sire or even one of you, but your friend is my apprentice and I found all of you. You can always come to me."


"And good luck."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 131 posts
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 19:21
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean thanks her, and with that he turns to leave.

The elevator ride down was one of the only times he had truly been alone in the past few weeks, and it gives him time to reflect on just where he was and what he was about to attempt. It's an emotional time for him, especially after catching a glimpse of himself in the polished surface of the elevator doors.

He almost did not recognize himself.

There is excitement commingled as well. He was immortal, more powerful than he had ever dreamed possible, and about to take a bike south to Tiajuana to meet up with a Vampire Prince before he tried to sneak back across the border.

But that kid, the one that just wanted to play football and chase girls, he was dead. He had died back in that roadside diner, and now he just needed to bury him for good. Bury him so that others could move on.

He takes a deep breath, even if he didn't really need to. He had a few stops to make, and then, he would be southbound.
Dragondog
 GM, 259 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 20:29
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
On the way down the elevator from Sparrow's apartment, you check the time. It's 1.54 AM Saturday 18 May 2019. Sunrise is supposed to be at 5.48 AM and it's a little over 30 minutes drive across the border, not counting actually crossing the border. And it dawns on you that you have two unique ways across the border available to you. Or you would have if you had learned to transform into animal form. The other is teleportation, if someone would open a portal for you.

And where would he even get the supplies he needed in the middle of the night?


[OCC: You failed the default Area Knowledge roll for San Diego, so you don't know where to find the supplies at this time of night, if there even is such a place open to the public. You could make an online search and let me know of such a store. Or perhaps someone you know knows where to find said supplies. Or you can wait until tomorrow night and hope that a suitable store will be open after sunset.]
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 132 posts
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 20:37
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean opts to spend a little more time with the bike that evening, then hopefully getting a fresh start the next night while some stores might still be open.

While the unique gifts inherent to his Clans blood would undoubtedly be useful, he had been focusing more on survival first, leaving him without that particular talent in event the most novice form.
Dragondog
 GM, 261 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 15:34
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Later that Saturday, when the sun had set once again, rousing Dean from his unnatural slumber, he picks up the supplies he needs and takes the first bus south. It was scheduled to leave at 9.40 PM and it arrives at the Central de Autobuses de Tijuana a couple of minutes before 11.00 PM. Which gives him about 6 hours and 50 minutes to the estimated sunrise to do what needed to be done.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 133 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 17:34
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean, who had made a point to feed before he got into the close proximity of the bus, walked himself through the process as he did it. The stop a the store, the bus ticket, those went on his card. Some of the last purchases he would make before he destroyed the thing.

His phone he left on while he crossed into Mexico, letting the towers pick him up.

And finally, he disembarked into the sights, sounds and smells of central Tiajuana. Even being so close to San Diego, it felt very different, and he seemed to feel eyes upon him the moment he arrived.

With is backpack over one shoulder, he began the process of tracking down Louis, the Prince of this region, to make his introductions
Dragondog
 GM, 262 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 18:20
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Following Asali's instructions, it takes you about an hour to find Luis on the outskirts of the city. In a cabin less than 300 feet from the Pacific.

Luis says something in Spanish.





[OOC: Luis is portrayed by Rafael Amaya.
]
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 134 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 21:00
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean was not sure what to expect, but the little seaside cabin was not it. Slowly he was learning that most of the assumptions he had made about his kind, Vampires in general, had proven to be unfounded.

He bows just a bit at the waist, out of habit. "Hola, I don't know Spanish, sorry" he makes an apologetic gesture. "Do you know English?"
Dragondog
 GM, 263 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 21:03
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"A little," Luis says with a heavy Mexican accent. "You lost?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 135 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 21:07
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"No." Dean shakes his head. "I'm new. From San Diego. I came to introduce myself. Pay respect." He adds with a slight gesture from himself to the Prince. "Then I will go back. I am trying to...disappear. hide what happened, and this seemed like a good place to do it."
Dragondog
 GM, 264 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 21:13
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Pay respect. Me. Why?" Luis asked.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 136 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 22:19
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
With a sudden wave of anxiety, Dean realizes that with all that has been going on, he had juxtaposed Luis, his fellow Clan Schimba brother, with the Prince, and he kicks himself for it.

Still with the language barrier, he hopes he can salvage the situation and still save face.

"Schimba" he says and points to Louis, then jerks a thumb towards himself. "Schimba. Very new Schimba. Familia" he shrugs. "Respect to you, older Schimba, respect to your Prince. Can you take me to them? The Prince?" He asks.
Dragondog
 GM, 265 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 22:26
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
There is a light in Luis's eyes. "Schimba," he says and embraces you. And then he says something else in a language you don't understand. When that becomes clear, he continues. "Visit or stay?" And when he gets your response to that, he adds "Visit how long?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 137 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 22:30
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean embraces the man and breaks into a slight smile. "One night? Maybe two?" He replies. "Then I go back" and he makes a gesture with his hand  as if to mimic jumping over something. Dean realizes that there is no wall over most of the border, but he hopes that the gesture may illustrate his point better. "If that's ok?"
Dragondog
 GM, 266 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 22:39
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"No meeting tonight," Luis says. "Meeting tomorrow. Meet Baron then."

"Many try," Luis also makes the jump gesture. "Many fail. Chosen shape?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 138 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 23:56
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Okay, tommorow then Dean thinks to himself, then feels a pant of doubt at worry at the warning that so few made it back across the border. He had assumed, being a Vampire, an supernaturally strong, durable and inexhaustible, that he could manage it easily. But maybe he had overestimated his own capability.

"Shape?" Dean shakes his head. "No shape. Asali, mi Sire, taught me claws..." he flexes his fingers to emphasize the word. "tough skin" he tapped his own arm. "No shape, not yet." he tries to explain.
Dragondog
 GM, 267 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 23:15
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
He nods as you show him what you know. "Asali, good friend," Luis says. "Know shape want?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 139 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 00:13
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean had scarcely had time to ponder such an important question. If you could be any animal, what would you be, and why? came back to him from someplace. An interview question maybe?

His very first instinct was to pick something like...a grizzly bear. It took him no more than a few seconds to realize that was stupid. Even if they were in rural Montana it would have been stupid.

Badass, but stupid.

He went down a notch and thought maybe something like a coyote. Those were native at least, but also rare, and they tended to attract attention and photos.

No, no he needed something that could blend in. Something mobile, something common enough to not even draw a second glance. That brought to mind both the Seagull and the raven.

But we're those out at night? Dean was not the most outdoorsy kind of guy, but he could not recall seeing those flapping around I'm the middle of the night. Then again he had grown up in a desert.

Then it hit him, bats.

Bats were, understandably, classic. They were out at night, they were quiet and he had seen tons of them flirting outside around dusk growing up.

If the ancestors had chosen bats, it ws probably for a good reason, and who was he to disagree with the wisdom of the ages?

Hell yeah, Batman.

"I was thinking maybe something like a bat?" He half states half asks. "Is that really a thing?"
Dragondog
 GM, 268 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 05:03
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Yes," Luis says. "Inside. I can give." He opens the door further so that you can come inside if you so choose.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 140 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 19:22
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean considers his options for the moment. Strangers, in Tiajuana, Vampire Magic. But, Asali had recommended Luis, and then we're all from the same family.

Dean decides to go for it, thanks him and heads inside.
Dragondog
 GM, 271 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 19:53
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Luis closes the door behind them, offers Dean a seat, and brings out a wooden bowl. It's about 3 inches in diameter at the bottom and about 5 inches in diameter at the top and somewhat over 2 inches high.

He places the wooden bowl on the table, extends one of his nails into a claw, and slits his wrist. Blood pours out of the wound and starts filling up the bowl.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 141 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 20:16
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean seems a little confused, and gestured to the bowl. "I hope that's not for me" he said with a polite smile. "Asali says that I can't drink Vampire blood." He says as if it was a commandment. Clear in that he won't be partaking, although he is polite about it.
Dragondog
 GM, 272 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 20:27
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"It's offered voluntarily, so that rule doesn't apply," Luis says. "And it's the only way I can give you this power."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 142 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 20:38
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean is obviously conflicted.  It made sense that there were prohibitions, or at least etiquette that said that Vampires should not use each other for food. That makes sense to him.

And here Louis, a Clan brother recommended to him by his own Sire had not only taken him in and offered to introduce him, bit to teach him an advanced art of the blood that would be incredibly useful.

But he had not even taken the blood of his own Sire, not even when learning from her.

This, was unknown territory.

"I've never taken blood from a Vampire before, not even Asali, what will happen?" He asks uncertainly.
Dragondog
 GM, 273 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 20:50
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"You drink," Luis begins. "Same clan." He points as you and himself. "Power!"


[OOC: Sorry about the last post. I temporarily forgot that Luis isn't that good at English.]
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 143 posts
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 21:02
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean still seems hesitant. If there were some other negative to drinking Vampiric blood, Asali surely would have told him, right? But was there some reason she had never offered her own? Some reason they had never used her own during their lessons and time together?

Would Luis try to take advantage of a Youngling such as himself? They were of the same Clan, recommended to him by his own Sire, but did that mean he should place such trust in him?

Hell, I'm trusting him to lead me to the Prince right? Might as well go for it.he thinks to himself.

"Alright, let's do it."
Dragondog
 GM, 275 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 21:34
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Luis fills the wooden bowl with about a pint of his blood and hands it to you. It tastes different than human blood, but it still replenishes the blood you spent on showing your claws as if you had been Feeding on human blood.

With the language barrier, it takes him about an hour to explain the differences of a full transformation compared to how you extend your claws.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 144 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 02:10
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The idea of a man becoming an animal was at once, both absurd and familiar.

Human traditions from all cultures had some sort of analog. A person who can become an animal, or speak to an animal, or call animals. These sorts of stories are as old as the species. So the idea of what Dean was setting out to do was not by any means new.

But trying to tell your brain, trying to tell your blood and your bones and your body that it could be done. That seemed impossible.

Fear and doubt assailed him. What if he got "stuck"? What if he lost his mind? What if he only changed part way? What if this was some kind of sick joke?

But then he had watched Luis do it, and he had watched him come back, and from there he had least had a starting point, mentally, for what he was trying to do.

What was probably most odd is that it felt like his blood, like that thing that lived within him wanted to do it. Like it had been crammed up and wanted to finally stretch its legs. But like an infant that didn't know how to go to sleep, what his body wanted and what his brain told him were at odds.

After what felt like a long, exhausting time, and was actually very little time at all, he felt something give. He suddenly knew which way to "flex" as it were, and once he had momentum, the oddest but unreal sensation came over him.

He could not have told you what it felt like. It was unique, undescribable. He could tell you that being a Bat felt very small, and very light and very freeing. But he could not for the life of him describe what the process felt like.

The third time he had done it, and come back, he lay back in his chair with his head back. His mind swimming and feeling slightly nauseous and giddy. This changed everything. He could fly, he could fit into tiny, tiny spaces, he would be all but undetectable to the average onlooker.

He could fly

Asali would be proud, or so he hoped.

Dean thanked Luis profusely, and asked if there was anything he could do to return the favor.
Dragondog
 GM, 277 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 05:52
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Well done," Luis says in regards to your transformation.

"Yes," he says in regards to returning the favor. "Hold for rainy night."

And then he asks "Plan, visit Mexico?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 145 posts
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 18:36
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean shook his head. "No, no plan. Mi familia, they will look for me. Maybe if they know I am down here, they will stop looking." he explained.

People, including young American Tourists, disappeared all the time down here. If things worked out, as sad as it was, the Dean they had known would just be another one of them.

"You have suggestions?"
Dragondog
 GM, 282 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 19:09
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"For go away," Luis asks. "Perhaps. No body. Your things. Too much your blood. Abandoned room. Must you dead."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 146 posts
Sun 5 Jan 2020
at 17:00
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean thinks about the proposal for about thirty seconds before he nods and breaks into a faint smile. "That would probably work great. I can ditch most of my stuff there, leave bunch of blood and mess the place up, then bail. There should be a report on file and then...I'm in the wind." he crossed his arms.

"I'm going to lose a bunch of blood, aren't I?"
Dragondog
 GM, 283 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sun 5 Jan 2020
at 23:24
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Yes," Luis says. "Must Feed much."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 147 posts
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 02:11
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Despite how tired Dean feels from the intense lesson, he is surprised to find that they have plenty of evening left.

"Well...I suppose I can try it tonight. Any good places around here you would recommend hunting? Some place that will not piss off the locals?"
Dragondog
 GM, 286 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 07:52
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Need permission," Luis says. "Let's check." He gets an old cell phone out of his pocket. Pre smartphone. And flips it open. He makes a call and speaks in Spanish for a while. Soon he closes it and returns it to his pocket. "Now wait."
Dragondog
 GM, 291 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 03:33
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
About an hour later, Luis's phone ringed and he quickly picked it up and spoke in Spanish for a little while before hanging up.

"Need talk Baron," he says to you. "Go now. Ready?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:51, Fri 17 Jan.

Dragondog
 GM, 294 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 17:14
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Both of you leave his home and at his direction transform into bats. You fly for about half an hour to a mountainside hacienda patrolled by a few Mexican ghouls. As you returned to your native vampire form, you were led inside.

It was a restaurant. Right now with only one patron enjoying the food.

He bowed slightly and introduced you to the Baron of Tijuana.

"So," the Baron started looking at you. "Our northern neighbors have need of our aid. How can we help you?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 148 posts
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 03:39
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean bowed when Luis did. The young Vampire had no idea what was "normal" in this situation, but he figured a Baron was a Baron no matter which city you were in, and it would be best to not insult them. The fact that he spoke English also helped his case.

"Thank you for seeing me sir. I've come down from San Diego, I'm a new addition, and so I'm still trying to tie up loose ends back home. With your permission, I would like to stay for a night or two, make arrangements to make it seem like I've disappeared, and then head back north." he explained humbly. "I would also like permission to feed somewhere out of the way, if it's not too much trouble."
Dragondog
 GM, 359 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 17:46
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"We can help you with that," the Baron said. "From what I understand your plan requires a lot of blood. Your blood. And a lot of local blood to replenish what you have lost. Is that correct?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 149 posts
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 22:11
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean nodded. The Baron had been well informed. "Yes sir, one of the plans Louis and I talked about was basically faking a robbery at a hotel, and leaving behind a lot of my blood." Dean confirmed.
Dragondog
 GM, 364 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 23:17
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"We can make that happen," the Baron said. "With supervision of course. I can't have you running around on your own attempting a plan of that scope."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 150 posts
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 23:43
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"I would appreciate the help Sir, thank you." Dean replied, and answered any questions the man had concerning what he was trying to accomplish.

Dean assumed in a way that they must have to do this thing on a regular basis if newer Vampires all required this sort of thing
Dragondog
 GM, 369 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 04:05
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"It will take some time," the Baron said. "You should establish your cover so that people will have the chance to interact with you before you come to your terrible end."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 151 posts
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 05:44
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
That made sense to Dean. The police would still investigate, and a murder was a murder after all, even a gringo college kid in TJ. He found it was easier to look at it from this angle, the planning aspect, like putting on a show or playing a prank. The reality was that his family would, if everything went according to plan, be told that he was missing and presumed dead. It would devastate them, but, what else could he do?

He had to cut ties, or there was a real chance that he would actually end up dead. Well, more dead than he already was. It was first first time that he had considered however that in a real way, their child was now immortal. If only he could give them some small comfort in that.

He discussed his plan for hitting the local bars that catered to just his demographic, flashing around a little cash, drinking a little too much. This would require even more blood to pull off convincingly, as he would have a lot of eyes on him. Hell, he stood out at the best of times.

Then, when the scene was set, he would make use of the Schimba art that Louis had generously instructed him in to make his escape back north. He could just imagine the reaction of the cleaning staff when they would find the mess...
Dragondog
 GM, 372 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 17:52
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean, Luis, and the Baron discussed his plan until it was approved, which didn't take very long. And then they called a taxi for Dean so that he could set his plan in motion. You took the taxi to a place called Dandy del Sur in downtown Tijuana. The decor was worn in, the lighting dim, the ambiance charming, and the alcohol was strong and cheap. There were plenty of Mexicans and Americans both, but no one occupied as much space as you did. And your size did turn some heads.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 153 posts
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 18:14
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
There was some irony in the fact that Dean had never been much of a drinker, or much for parties in any case. His Coach, and the associated nutritionist, had placed him on a very strict diet years ago. One that did not include any alcohol.

So it took him a little bit to get into the flow of things. He started with some margaritas, paid in cash, and chatted up a few of the other Americans at the bar with some awkward "How's it goin?" and "Where did you come in from?" sort of lines. The fact that he was alone made it seem all the stranger.

Part of him missed Abe, and Jack and Tom. He definitely missed Asali, and even Ha-yoon. He still carried her number, although she was little more than ask in the wind now.

Still, he had a job to do, and freshly fed in order to blend in and process the alcohol, he could not help but loosen up a little bit. He just had to watch himself, it would not be a good thing to get too drunk down here.
Dragondog
 GM, 373 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 21:03
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
So Dean started to drink, throwing money around, and talking to the other Americans. They turned out to be from a few different places, San Diego, obviously, but also Las Vegas, Nashville, and Minneapolis. And they all seemed to be here to do what Dean was pretending to do. Party. The guy from Nashville was with a decent looking Mexicana, but since you returned to California you had been surrounded by better-looking women, some of them now dead.

The Americans chatted with Dean, responded to his questions and asked their own in return. It was going great for them, especially the Nashville guy, who was the first to leave, taking the woman with him.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 154 posts
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 21:31
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
As he ate, drank, and otherwise tried to have a good time Dean was imagining how all of this was going to go. Once enough people had seen him, and interacted with him, he could try to get a cab. Better yet, he could have the bar staff call him a cab. A receipt too, he could stuff a receipt in his wallet with the cash...easier for the cops.

Cabby gets the address, head to the hotel. Maybe ask for some extra towels or something, try to get the staff to remember him a little bit. Head up to the room nice and late, mess it up, throw his things around, and then the blood of course. Get a bunch of stuff bloody.

Then...head to Louis's for the day? take off later that evening? Would that be enough?

He would arrive back in the States with nearly nothing, the clothes on his back, a little cash. He would have to jot down his phone numbers too...had to ditch the phone, maybe pick up a burner when he got back.

There were a lot of moving parts, he thought to himself as he sipped his drink and chowed down on some chips and salsa to the tune of some mellow country song designed for the Americano Spring Break crowd.
Dragondog
 GM, 376 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:21
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Your plan worked well, maybe too well. One of the women in the bar tried to chat you up. The staff called you a taxi when the time came and you returned to your hotel, alone or with company.

You spent the day at Luis's place, another night partying, and another day at Luis's.

The third night you spent at Luis's. Two ghouls arrived with large bags and were let inside.

"Do you have any questions before we start draining your blood?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 155 posts
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:35
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean told himself all sorts of things that night. He told himself that it was good for his "story", and he told himself that she was obviously just looking for a fun time, an adventure, one that he was all too happy to provide.

The fact that he was more or less immune to disease, and that having children was now impossible, both helped contribute to his curiosity. After all, could the dead really still do those sorts of things?

It turned out that yes, not only could they, but that they did not really get tired in the traditional sense. Something that his companion had commented on a few times.

But deep down, if he was honest with himself, he was lonely. Lonely in his condition, lonely in a foreign country, lonely for normal "human" interaction. The last week had been more like an incredibly stressful job interview, or a sports training camp. He had not had any time to himself, and no time to relax.

She seemed to have her own sort of stress that she was taking a vacation from in any case, although for obvious reasons, she couldn't stay the night. He was upfront with this from the beginning.

So it went, and when the time came to take his blood, Dean seemed a little surprised.

"How does this work? And what's in the bags? I figured I would just...cut myself or something." He asked the pair.
Dragondog
 GM, 378 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:55
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"We have to store the blood in something," the ghoul said. "And we have to keep it human temperature. It has to be 'alive' and uncoagulated when we place it in your room. We will tap you and provide meals so that you have enough blood in your system. This is a slow process. You then return to your hotel so that the staff sees that you are there. And we will then stage the place with your blood and your things so that you can disappear. You will then no longer have a citizenship. You will return as an illegal alien. No passport. No identity."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 156 posts
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 23:26
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean had considered this over the past few days. When stopped by the police, he would have no drivers license, he would have no registered address, no insurance, no registration. If he were at least one of many illegal immigrants it might be one thing, but he was obviously American, which meant that there would be obvious reasons why he would be trying to avoid identification. Such as say, a missing persons database.

It was the next "phase" of the plan. End his old life, then build up a convincing facade to avoid investigation. He could not be the only Vampire in San Diego dealing with this sort of problem. Dean was confident that there were people that could help him get those kind of documents, but they would come at a cost. Much as the help he was getting down here would come at a cost, if only some good will or a future favor.  Is Asali had taught him anything, it was that there were no free meals in their world. Everything had a price, even if that price was loyalty.

"Sounds good. Let's get this over with then." he took a seat and offered his meaty bare arm to the pair of ghouls. Hopefully they were on the level. After all, a huge amount of blood was a precious thing to any ghoul.
Dragondog
 GM, 379 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 00:22
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
And so it began. They opened one of the containers and Dean could see a lot of empty blood bags. And they started draining him of blood in the same way as it is done when donating blood. They were obviously correct. This would take a long time.

As time passed, snacks were brought to Dean and he was given strict instructions not to drain them completely. They didn't want any dead locals on their hands. And after he had fed, they continued taking his blood. And they then let him feed one more time.

As one of the ghouls swapped out bags, the other placed it in storage.


[OOC: It is up to you to decide if you drain them completely and thus take their lives.]
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 157 posts
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 01:27
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
There was an uncomfortable urge, momentary and rare, that would sort of rear up now as he drank. Dean did not really have a word for this, and he had not even dared to bring it up to Asali yet. It was the urge to just keep going, as if with a few more long draws upon the hapless person before him, he could finally, finally be sated.

He knew in his heart that it wasn't true. He knew in his deepest self that no matter how much he drank, tonight or for a thousand years he would never reach that place. Not permanently. He would always be hungry, just a little bit, night after night, until he either died violently or...well, that was it right? That was his only way out.

There were a dozen reasons off the top of his head why he was not going to kill these people, and only one, stubborn, strange sort or reason to just go for it. But he resisted that little voice, and he held himself back. The ebb and flow of blood made him feel a little sick, and a little giddy, and once again surreal. Not nearly as surreal as the bat thing, but strange none the less.

When it was over, he stood slowly and was glad that the last stages of "phase one" were coming together. It felt like he had been away for a lot longer than just a few days.
Dragondog
 GM, 380 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 06:00
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"You can go back to the hotel now," one of the ghouls' said. "Make sure they see you when you get there. Then wait in your room for us. And we'll set things up. Any questions?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 158 posts
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 06:07
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean checked his phone for the time. "I don't think so, you'll do your thing and I'll take off through the window." he said as he stared at the massive quantity of blood. "I know you guys probably don't have a choice, but, I appreciate the help. Do you guys eventually...you know, get promoted or anything?" he asked, but was otherwise ready to go.
Dragondog
 GM, 381 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 07:13
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"This is a pretty good life," one of the ghouls said. "We're stronger, faster, live longer, and we only have to drink blood monthly. Sure, we're under their control, but we're always under someone's control."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 159 posts
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 14:00
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean chuckled "Yeah... aren't we all.", then got ready to go.

Everyone started somewhere, and everyone answered to somebody. He remembered back to that meeting with the Baron. Even the demons of hell answer to their boss. They too had jobs to do, deadlines to meet.

Dean tried to get in the right headspace for what he was about to do. Imagined the scenario he had been concocting.

Robbery at knife point, three of them, forced their way through the latch. He resists, they stab him, empty the wallet, rifle his bags, then load him into a car never to be seen again.

Simple enough.
Dragondog
 GM, 385 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 22:23
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean returned to the hotel.

There was a knock on the door and when Dean opened, it wasn't the people he had been waiting for. It was the woman from a few nights ago. She was beaten and her clothing torn. And it was clear that she had been crying.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 160 posts
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 22:26
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean had been all set, and pretty much staring at the clock and checking the window for the last twenty minutes. He was eager to get "home", even if that home was just back bunking with Asali.

So when the knock came, he was excited, but his expression fell when he saw who it was. "Whoah...come on it, come in, what happened?" he asked. Miranda had only known him for a few hours really, but she had come to him? What could have happened to drive her towards some American that she had recently hooked up with?

He peeked out the door after her and checked both ways before he shut it.
Dragondog
 GM, 388 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 23:19
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"I went out with some guy," she started with tears in her voice. "Like I did with you a few days ago, but he was nothing like you. He beat me up. When I tried to leave, he beat me more, and my clothes were torn in the struggle. In the end, I finally was able to escape. He too stays at this hotel and you were the only one I could think of to go for help."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 161 posts
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 23:45
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean was incensed.

The small part of his mind that wondered if it might be a trap, if Miranda might be some sort of bait, was quieted by the other parts that told him that he should go down there right now and beat this guy bloody.

The odd thing was, although he did not think much about it at the time, but it was mostly a sort of Hollywood image in his head that drove this inspiration. Bad guys beat up people who were weaker and smaller than them, bad guys took advantage of others, and then hurt them when they resisted. Good guys beat up bad guys. It was true in just about every sort of media he had ever been exposed to.

But his family had never really taught him any of that. They would have just...called the cops. They were the professionals after all, right? That was their job. They had all the tools, training, and number. But then again this was Tiajuana. They were probably busy as it was.

Oh Dean was going down there, that was happening. It would only be later that he might think on why he had done so.

"Where is he? What room?" Dean asked and puffed up like he some how needed to make himself even larger than he already was. Truth was Dean had never been in a real fight in his life, just a few school yard scuffles, and he had already been murdered once.
Dragondog
 GM, 390 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 00:02
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
She told Dean the man's room number.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 162 posts
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 00:33
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean turned and lumbered towards where he believed the room to be, glancing at the numbers on the cheap hollow core doors as he went.

When he found the room, he knocked on it loudly three times with his fist. His heart, perfused with blood as it was, was hammering almost reflexively.
Dragondog
 GM, 392 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 00:49
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Another American opened the door. "What?" he asked angrily.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 163 posts
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 01:12
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean took in the scene, the man, his knuckles, the state of his hotel room and his body language. He was looking for the truth in Miranda's story.

"Are you the asshole that just beat up Miranda!?" Dean demanded. He felt his fists clench and his stance come forward. Despite being a full blown Vampire, he still felt and heard some nervousness behind his threat.

He was still so new to all of this.
Dragondog
 GM, 394 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 10:17
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The room and the man clearly showed that this was the place and the man. She had pointed you in the right direction. But instead of answering your question, he started closing the door.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 164 posts
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 13:31
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean had seen enough, and the fact that the gut was running some how made it seem even worse.

He jammed one beefy arm between the door and the frame as the man tried to close it in an effort to grab him.
Dragondog
 GM, 396 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 22:42
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean's action prevented the door from closing, but the man avoided being grabbed, and closed the door hard on Dean's arm. The man on the other side is now trying to hold the door to prevent Dean from getting to him.


[You lose 1hp for getting your arm slammed by the door.

What do you do?]
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 165 posts
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 23:03
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean summarily put his shoulder to the door in order to force his way inside.
Dragondog
 GM, 399 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 23:19
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
This time the other guy didn't stand a chance and the door was forced open.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 166 posts
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 23:51
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean attempted to grab the man once again, the frustration clear in his face from having the door slammed on his arm.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Wed 11 Mar.

Dragondog
 GM, 403 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 00:08
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
This time the man was unable to keep Dean away and he succeeded at grabbing him.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 167 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 01:10
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Like a dog who had finally caught a car he had been chasing, Dean was not quite sure just what he was going to do.

As such, he fell back on what he knew best, and resorted to tackling the man into the ground where he knew he had the advantage.
Dragondog
 GM, 405 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 01:13
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean tackled the man to the floor.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 168 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 01:25
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean had been a big dude in life, a strong guy, a linebacker. He knew what it was like to tackle a man, to take a hit, to struggle for advantage.

This, this was like wrestling a child. Whatever had been done to him, whatever he was now was in an entirely other class. He felt the man squirming beneath him, and if he was so inclined, Dean was confident that he could just pull, or squeeze and bones would snap, and joints would dislocate. The sheer sense of power was both surprising, and a little thrilling if he was being honest with himself.

"You feel like a big man huh? You want to try smackin me around? huh?" Dean was honestly a little apprehensive about actually hitting the guy. He had heard of people getting sent to the ER in bar fights, and with the raw strength he could now bring to bear the prospect of cracking the mans skull like an egg was now a reality.

He reared back for a back handed blow, hopefully not hard enough to break anything, but enough to get the point across.
Dragondog
 GM, 407 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 01:43
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The man was able to move just enough that you missed and hit the floor instead of your opponent. He couldn't help himself but to laugh at your assumed pain from hitting the floor. But there was no damage to your hand.

The man tried to free himself, but you prevented him.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 171 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 03:06
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The laughing did not help the situation. Dean was trying his upmost to be restrained, but he felt the urge to lash out grow within him.

He reeled back to try another back handed strike against the tourist.
Dragondog
 GM, 418 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 00:19
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Again Dean missed and again the other laughed, even harder this time. He didn't even think to try to escape.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 173 posts
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 00:44
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean goes for a pin.
Dragondog
 GM, 421 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 11:38
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
After struggling for what felt like a long time, you were finally able to pin him to the floor.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 174 posts
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 20:37
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
With the man finally pinned, Dean rose to a kneeling position and lashed out a third time.
Dragondog
 GM, 424 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 22:51
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Having the American pinned, Dean tried again and eventually knocked the man out.


[OOC: We're rolling badly you and I.]
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 175 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 00:10
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean stood slowly and rolled his shoulders. He felt better, at least about having done something worthwhile. While he doubted that the man would really change anything in his life, at the very least he might think twice before he roughed up some girl he brought home.

More pressingly, he realized that he was not even close to being ready to take on anything supernatural. All the size and strength was not worth much without actual training or experience, and any false sense of security he had developed as a result of his new condition had been disabused.

He was still green as grass, a rookie, and that was the fact of things.

He closed the door to the hotel room, then proceeded to go through the mans things to see if there was anything worth taking. He was still expected back in his room shortly, and while he doubted the cops would come to something like this (After all, they had not come when he had beat up Miranda), he did not want to hand around too long.
Dragondog
 GM, 429 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 00:45
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
You searched through his place. You found clothes, but nothing was your size. You found a cellphone, a laptop, a smartwatch, a silver chain necklace, and a wallet. In the wallet, you found a driver's license, apparently his name's Dennis Butler, three credit cards, including a black American Express card for Evan Lewis, $1,000 in cash, and a few other inconsequential bits and pieces.
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 176 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 01:33
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean jacked the cellphone, then turned it off. He would need a new one anyway. He also took the smart watch, the necklace, his drivers license and the cash. The licence might be worth something he figured it trying to establish a new identity anyway with a little alteration, and they were about the same age.

Most importantly, they all fit in his pockets.

With that he left the unconscious man still sprawled out on his hotel room from and returned to his own room to make his preparations for returning back across the border.
Dragondog
 GM, 430 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 01:54
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
When you returned to your room, Miranda was still there. "How did it go?"
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 177 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 02:11
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dead stepped back into the room and closed the door. "Well, I kicked his ass..." Dean replied as he headed into the restroom and washed his hands out of habit.

"He's still down there, but he'll probably need to go to the hospital at some point." he didn't look at her as he spoke. The words felt strange to say, even if that's what he had intended all along.

"I'm probably not gonna stay long, but, it's taken care of." he assured her. "You gonna be alright?"
Dragondog
 GM, 431 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 02:38
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"Yeah, I think so," Miranda said. "Thank you."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 178 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 02:51
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
"No worries" Dean replied as he dried his hands "Just, be careful yeah?" he encouraged her, and walked her to the door.
Dragondog
 GM, 432 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 14:06
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
As she left, you could see the ghouls arriving. They looked like heavily ladened tourists. One of them followed Miranda with his eyes until she was out of sight. And then he faced you.

"Nice touch," he said. "Let's step inside."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 179 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 14:39
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean chuckled and shook his head before he stepped inside. There he got to work with the ghouls, hoping to set the scene for his exodus from his previous life.
Dragondog
 GM, 433 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 14:55
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
The ghouls didn't want Dean's help. They just wanted whatever stuff he was leaving behind for identification purposes and they wanted to work alone.

"The best thing you can do is get quietly and safely across the border and let us set up the scene here. We know what we're doing."
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 180 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 15:47
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean had no issue with leaving the Ghouls to their work, and wished them look before be went.

To help them in their task, he left his wallet (sans cash), car keys and phone. Everything else had been left in his bags back in the truck they had travelled cross country in. Asali had not seen fit to give him enough freedom to retrieve it, although there was nothing critical there either.

The rest of the things he had with him, robbed from the other tourist, he kept and then made his way out towards someplace where he could undergo his transformation, before he planned on flying north back towards the US, San Diego, his mentor and friends.
Dragondog
 GM, 434 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 16:14
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
You transformed and flew back to San Diego. You had no problems crossing the border.

[OOC: Where do you go?]
Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 181 posts
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 16:41
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
Dean did not ever think that he would "get used" to being a bat. After all, his mind was still his own, and despite the undescribable sensation of say, echo-location, or the feeling of the air beneath his wings, he still felt "human".

As he flew, which felt incredibly fast compared to even a full Sprint, he considered where he might go.

He needed to check back in with Asali, but he also needed things like a change of clothes and a few other things that he had gone without. His laptop for instance would be helpful for getting his affairs in order now that he was without a phone.

So, he headed for Sparrows, and Abe, who he would guess might have some idea where his things might have ended up. After that he could check in with Asali, grab his bike, and resume his training.
Dragondog
 GM, 436 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 16:50
1.2 Family - Old and New (Dean)
You returned to Sparrow's place. The front desk once again called up and you were allowed to go upstairs.

[This thread is temporarily closed. Your adventures will continue in Abe's thread. Please post there after I announce your arrival.]