Cailin Weber.   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 59 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 01:13
Cailin Weber
Cailin nodded distractedly, frowning as she focused on the wound. That is until Christopher told her to forget the science: at that point it seemed that she had bit into a lemon. “Usually when you're told to forget the science it's not a good sign.”

Despite that, the girl stretched her neck, then closed her eyes. If she couldn't make it by sciencing that healing thing… Well, she'd have to go by feel.

So she tried to imagine a sort of globe of light in her, the source of her power and how she wanted to transmit a bit of it to cure the wound. Then she focused on what she wanted to achieve more than how she wanted it to happen. Finally, she tried to join both things together to actually trigger the heal to happen.
Dragondog
 GM, 406 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 01:20
Cailin Weber
Still nothing.

"That was better," Christopher said. "But something is missing. Something important. Again."
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 60 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 01:29
Cailin Weber
“Something's missing?” Cailin frowned. “Uh…”

The only thing she could see was why she wanted to heal Christopher. Not just because she had been asked to, or because she wanted to be able to, to have that power… but more importantly because she didn't want him to hurt and be in pain. She wanted to make that better more than anything else at the moment.
Dragondog
 GM, 408 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 01:47
Cailin Weber
As you contemplated your motivation. Focusing on your love, or compassion, you could see white and blue light radiating from your hand and his injuries melted away.
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 61 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 02:21
Cailin Weber
Once she was done, her eyes full of wonder, Cailin examined Christopher's arm. Soon though, she looked pained. “So… What's the justification for not healing everyone we can? Not enough angels to do it, not even…” Biting her lips, she stopped there and shook her head. Not healing sick children was going to be much harder than helping a vampire, that was for sure.

The girl rubbed her eyes, then changed the subject, not wanting to think about that too much. Before long though she'd have more things she wanted to avoid than those she wanted to talk about… “So now I practice all that until it's time to go look at that vampire?”
Dragondog
 GM, 410 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 02:34
Cailin Weber
"The world is not fair," Christopher said. "And it all goes back to what will happen if we expose the existence of Shadowland. Then we won't be able to help anyone."

"Time flows differently here than it does down there. It is time for you to meet your first client now."
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 62 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 03:03
Cailin Weber
Cailin's eyes bulged. “What, now!? But… But… I don't know anything! What am I going to tell him. Or her? For pretty much any questions I'd be asked I'd have to answer with 'I don't know'… That won't be really impressive…” What a lame "teacher" she was going to be…

“Can you at least brief me on who that vampire is before I meet him or her?”
Dragondog
 GM, 412 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 09:28
Cailin Weber
"Of course," Christopher said. "His name is De La Vega. He is the leader of the vampires in San Diego. After you meet him, I want you to report everything to me. You are to guide him towards good. Use your instincts, your instincts are good. Tell him what you can do for him. Orbing. Healing. He knows about angels already. Tell him you are new. Tell him the current situation mandates that he has a guardian angel."
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 63 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 15:42
Cailin Weber
Cailin didn't seem particularly convinced… but what could she do? It wasn't like her opinion had been asked after all. So she answered with a simple, “I'll try.” Guide a vampire towards good… If there was anything to the stories, vampires weren't exactly leaning towards good, and she supposed that this De La Vega, being the leader of them in San Diego would be of a certain age…which tended to go hand in hand with "set in their ways".

“And I will.” At least she would tell him about him needing a guardian angel according to the powers that be. Said situation couldn't be all that urgent or dire if a rookie could be sent though. She wasn't so sure she'd tell him she was a rookie though… Well, she was sure she didn't want to, but that didn't mean it was the best thing to do…and it would probably be pretty obvious rather quickly…

She frowned. “Am I going alone? Now?” She lifted a bare foot and wiggled her toes. “Can't I at least get some clothes more appropriate to that kind of things?”
Dragondog
 GM, 414 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 16:05
Cailin Weber
"Yes, you are going alone," Christopher said. "And about appropriate clothing." He snapped his fingers and your clothing had been replaced by a white robe with a large and deep hood on your back. You were also wearing shoes.

"This is our formal wear. And most of the time it's a good idea to approach a new client dressed appropriately. But after that wearing normal clothing is generally preferred if for no other reason than to avoid exposure."
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 64 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 16:20
Cailin Weber
Cailin looked down and brushed the robe, lifted a foot to look at the shoes, while regretting not having a mirror to look at. “That's not very colourful…”

She lifted a shoulder - she didn't care all that much after all - then nodded. “And where do I find those normal clothes? Do I ask that De La Vega?”
Dragondog
 GM, 415 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 16:41
Cailin Weber
"You can just shift into them," Christopher said. "You are a being of light now. There is no limit to what you look like."
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 65 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 16:51
Cailin Weber
“Oh.” That definitely floored Cailin. “Cool.” She smiled at that. For some reason, even with the Orbs, the beam or… well, everything else really, it seemed that the idea of having clothes who could shift to whatever she wanted was the thing she found the most impressive.

She briefly tried to change the colour of her robe to get the hang of it, then put it back to white. “Alright… Well, I won't say I'm ready, but…” She shrugged. “Where should I go?”
Dragondog
 GM, 416 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 17:35
Cailin Weber
After some trial and error, you succeeded at changing the color of your robe.


Christopher gave you an "address" which was the precise location you should Orb to. It was at The Arcane Lux, THE club of the rich and famous in San Diego.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:37, Thu 12 Mar.

Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 66 posts
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 18:05
Cailin Weber
“Uh… Arcane Lux… Fitting I suppose, lots of people to drink from and not remember a thing in the morning.” Cailin sniffed.

“Well, I'm off then.” Then, having made sure one last time that everything was in the right place, her hood covering her head, she focused on the exact location Christopher had told her and Orbed there. An instant letter, she reached her destination and looked around curiously.

OOC -
Orb: [roll=1584036207.75415.340273] success.

Dragondog
 GM, 420 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 00:35
Cailin Weber
It was a nice and large office. Larger than the Oval Office. A large desk with a comfortable chair. Artwork on some walls and bookshelves on others. On the side there was a computer station set up.

Behind the desk, a bald African American male rose from the chair. He wore a dark red suit, a blue shirt, and a striped red tie.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:38, Fri 13 Mar.

De La Vega
 NPC Cravat Baron, 6 posts
 Baron of San Diego
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 00:35
Cailin Weber
"Why are you here," De La Vega asked.
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 67 posts
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 00:43
Cailin Weber
For a second, Cailin hesitated, taking her surroundings in thinking that being a vampire's head apparently paid really well. Probably something to do with having the time to work on it.

She turned to the vampire, her head tilted to the side. After a brief moment of panic as she wondered if her hair was a mess or nicely done - question to which she decided that her hair was done beautifully… but deciding to keep her hood for the time being - Cailin answered the question. “Because you're going to need my help for what is to come, Mr. De La Vega.” There… That sounded grave and mysterious enough, right? And a bit ominous of course…
De La Vega
 NPC Cravat Baron, 7 posts
 Baron of San Diego
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 17:33
Cailin Weber
"And what help can I expect from you," De La Vega asked.
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 68 posts
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 18:27
Cailin Weber
“For the most part, you already know what I can do.” Cailin paused, taking a second to think. “I can bring you where you want to go on Earth,” Or at least she hoped she could: the vampire looked really close to her limit: he wasn't massive, but… “and heal you if necessary.”

With a slight moue, she added. “I will not fight your battles,” whatever those were… And she doubted she'd like them very much… “But I will give you what counsel I can.” She seemed to hesitate a bit, then rolled her eyes: Christopher had told her to inform the vampire that she was new, and as much as she didn't like it… it'd probably be best if he didn't expect too much from her.

Her tone changed, becoming more natural and with less gravitas. “It's all new to me though, so don't expect too much.”
De La Vega
 NPC Cravat Baron, 8 posts
 Baron of San Diego
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 19:03
Cailin Weber
"New is good," De La Vega said. "I have some new talent working for me. They will need you more than I do. So if you want to help me, you can help them."
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 69 posts
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 19:14
Cailin Weber
'Want' to help might be stretching it quite a bit, but it wasn't like Cailin could say anything like that. More importantly, there was another, bigger, problem. They are not my charge, I wouldn't be able to do for them everything I could do for you.” Like Orbing for example.

And even then… How was she supposed to guide De La Vega to good if she was not with him? On the other hand… How was she supposed to convince him to keep her around when she knew nothing about that world? Maybe she'd have to prove herself with those "new talents"…

After a few seconds, the young angel shrugged. “Where can I find those 'new talents'?”
Dragondog
 GM, 423 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 21:04
Cailin Weber
De La Vega smiled, as if he had had a devious idea. As he smiled a "map" appeared in your mind. That map indicated the location of one individual, De La Vega.

He made a phone call and started talking in a language you didn't understand. At first! And the words you hadn't understood were quite easy to guess.

"Put up images of the new cohort on my screen."

Four headshots appeared on the large, wall mounted, flat screen TV in the office. Images of four Caucasian college aged males.

The first was handsome, well tanned, with brown eyes and brown hair about as long as your hair. His skin, eyes, and hair could all be used as images for the definition of tanned skinn, brown eyes, and brown hair.

The second had blue eyes and had shaved his brown hair. You could tell he was a big guy just from the headshot.

The third and fourth both had green eyes and brown hair. But the fourth was handsome, while the third was only average looking.

"Let's see how useful you can be," De La Vega said. "Find them yourself."

While you were looking at the images, each image was connected to a name, Abe Griffith, Dean Mason, Tom Flanagan, and Jack Ward. Abe and Jack were also assigned locations on that mental map of yours. They were in the same location. Not far from your location and apparently in a tall building.

In your mind you heard:
Abe - "Should be easy, Jack.  Try to feed from this guy."

Jack - "I've already fed, but okay." And a little later. "What's this? I can't get any closer. What are you doing Abe?"

Abe - "Sorry, guys!  I didn't know if it would activate if either of you knew what was going on.  Thomas doesn't read as supernatural to Tom, but at the very least apparently has the ability to repulse vampires and Carson's men when they're intent on his immediate or eventual harm. Do we have any way to detect and understand ongoing supernatural phenomena?"

Jack - "He is mundane. I cannot explain how he can do what he did and not be of Shadowland, but he isn't. That's one of the things I can sense now. And he's the only one of us I can 'see'."

Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 70 posts
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 22:08
Cailin Weber
Cailin snorted, obviously not impressed…and a bit annoyed by the vampire. Until she began to understand that language she had never spoken in her life. In her previous life?

Anyway, instead of being annoyed, she became quite pleased: not only the vampire's ploy had failed, but it had also served to make her discover another power. One that made sense she supposed, it would be pretty silly if angels could only help people who spoke the same language as them after all.

And that was without mentioning the "map" that was distracting her from the headshots of the four guys. Told to find them, she opened her mouth to answer, but got interrupted by the conversation she heard. “Uh…” That would make for a nice spying tool… if she wanted. If she could make it work on De La Vega simply by thinking about him, it would be quite useful… and that'd serve him right!

Finally, she nodded. “Alright. Don't hesitate to call me if you need my help with something.” With that, she Orbed away, aiming for Abe and Jack. Given what they had been talking about and where, there were no risks of her endangering any secret after all.

OOC -
23:05, Today: Cailin Weber rolled 9 using 3d6.  Orb.
Successfully orbed.

Dragondog
 GM, 425 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 22:54
Cailin Weber
[This thread is temporarily closed. Your story will continue in Abe's thread. You can post there as soon as I have posted your arrival.]