1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)   Posted by Dragondog.Group: 0
Asali Amir
 NPC Schimba Vampire, 28 posts
 5'6" 115 lbs Dog Owner
 Dean's Sire
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 06:57
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
"We don't know the exact location the Banshees will use to attack," Asali said. "And I would expect them to know the GPS location of the vehicle in question. So we would have to switch drivers quickly or at a suitable location."
Abe Griffith
 PC Fae, 195 posts
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 01:42
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
"Okay, so we have plans for dealing with the werewolves.  We need to get the rest of the plan in order.
  We need Dean in the driver's seat, and we need to get the driver out - preferably without him being the wiser.
  To do that we need to stop the truck.  Unless someone has an idea, I don't think we can predict where he'll stop.  So, we either need to teleport in or we need to force him to stop.
  As for keeping him from being any the wiser, we either need to use vampire whammy on him, knock him out, or use something I don't know about to do it.
"  He summarized.

"If no one has other ways to do this safely, I recommend Cailin practice orbing someone with her into a moving object, with a view to her delivering Dean to the semi and having him make the man forget or something.   While she does that, I'll train anyone who wants it on firearms."  He suggested.
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 107 posts
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 02:46
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Cailin ruminated for a while, obviously not particularly pleased with the plan. Or to be more precise, parts of the plan. “I can practice, but I'm pretty sure it'll work like I said. I just need to see the truck. That being said…” She frowned. “Maybe we can pretend that our car has mechanical problems and wave him to stop? If he does, you can knock him out without him risking learning anything he shouldn't.” And she could heal him straight away. “And if he doesn't stop, we'll go with the Orbing plan and you can seduce him or whatever.” She didn't like the idea of messing with anyone's man, but if he didn't stop to help, well…

After a second, she frowned, and asked Dean, “Uh… How much do you weight? Uh wait, nevermind, I'll just try.” The young angel placed her hand on Dean's shoulder and tried to Orb a few steps away.

OOC -
04:45, Today: Cailin Weber rolled 10 using 3d6.  Orbing with Dean
Works if he's under 200lbs.

Dean Mason
 PC Schimba Vampire, 206 posts
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 04:28
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Dean looked to Cailin, nodded slightly and seemed to brace himself for whatever was to come.

Last he had checked, which was weeks ago, he had been hovering around two seventy without clothing. Of course whatever laws Angels operated by likely had little concern for just how big he was.

Or so he assumed...
Dragondog
 GM, 464 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 04:49
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Cailin attempted to Orb with Dean, but nothing happened.
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 108 posts
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 04:54
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
"Hmm, nope." Cailin shook her head. "Sorry, you're too heavy for me. At least for now, but I doubt I'd be able to change that any time soon."
Abe Griffith
 PC Fae, 196 posts
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 04:55
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
"Well... what about Jack?"  Abe suggested.
Dragondog
 GM, 465 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 09:40
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Cailin touched Jack and both of them turned into globes of blue-white light that rose into the air and vanished. Shortly thereafter a shape of blue-white light descended nearby and then took the shape of the two of them.
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 110 posts
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 17:08
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
“Yup, it works for him.” Cailin added quite unnecessarily. “I think as long as I could carry him on my back…briefly…I can Orb with him. Roughly. And don't ask me why it's like that, I have no idea.” she shrugged.

“But unless Dean goes loses a lot, I won't be able to do it.”
Dragondog
 GM, 466 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 09:53
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
It was the next night.

You had a GPS locator for the semi-truck.
Pistols with silver bullets had been provided to all of you, each with two extra magazines. Silver knives had also been provided as a backup.
Tom had borrowed a silver shortsword.

And you were back in Plaster City. At a parking lot most of you had used once before. And a truck stop that had had a transformative impact on your lives. But it was still closed. The gas station seemed barely to have been used in the past ten nights since you were here last.

When the gps said that the truck was approaching, you had been waiting for hours, and you could quickly see that it was much smaller than advertised. Not at all the eighteen wheeler you had been told it would be. It came from the direction of the naval base and started signaling that it was turning right towards San Diego.



[OOC: Stats for the weapons:
* Pistol: 2d+2 pi Acc 2 Range 150/1900 Weight 2/0.7 RoF 3 Shots 18+1(3) ST 9 Bulk -2 Rcl 2
That means that if you hit, each bullet does 2d6+2 damage. You get a +2 bonus to attack if you Aim for one turn before you attack. You can fire three bullets per turn. You need to determine before you roll for attack how many bullets you are firing, so it will simplify if I roll for the attack. The reason for that is that if you make the attack roll by at least a margin of 4, all three bullets will hit. If it is made by at least 2, two bullets hit. If you succeed by less than that, only one bullet hits. When you need to reload, it will take you three turns to do so.

* Shortsword: sw cut/thr imp Reach 1 Parry 0 Weight 2 ST 8. You do cut (as based on your ST) damage if you swing and imp damage if you thrust. You don't have a modifier to your parry. As it is smaller than what Tom is used to, you have a -2 penalty to hit.]
Abe Griffith
 PC Fae, 197 posts
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 17:49
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Had they realized it was coming that way, they might have made a slightly different plan.  As it was, he nodded to Cailin to orb Jack over as quickly as possible.  He started moving that way himself, gun still holstered but ready to help in case the man proved resistant to Vampiric compulsion.

OOC: We talking about a Humvee or Jeep, a personnel carrier, or what?
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 112 posts
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 19:51
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Cailin hadn't taken any weapon with her, reiterating that she wasn't there to fight anyone. When they noticed the much smaller truck and she was asked to Orb Jack inside, Cailin scowled. “I hate those half-baked plans and how you treat messing with someone's mind as if it were nothing much.” She really didn't seem happy about that.

Still, she put her left hand on Jack's right shoulder and Orbed them both to the truck's cabin, him in the middle and her on the right seat.

OOC -
21:50, Today: Cailin Weber rolled 9 using 3d6.  Orb to the truck with Jack.
Successfully done.

Dragondog
 GM, 468 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 04:24
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Cailin and Jack were turned into the blue-white orbs of light traveling skyward and then reappeared in the van traveling downward, before the orbs reconstituted into the duo.

Space was at a premium next to the driver. "Stop," Jack said and the driver stopped the van. "Why don't you step out and sit on the side of the road for me." "Of course," the driver said,  opened the door, left the van, and went over to the side of the road where he sat down.

Jack slid over to the driver's seat, stood up so that the rest of you could see him out the door. And he waved you over.
Abe Griffith
 PC Fae, 198 posts
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 02:55
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Abe hustled across to the truck and tried the rear door to see if they'd be able to get in without stopping the truck to unlock it.
Dragondog
 GM, 469 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 06:24
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Unfortunately, the back door was locked. But as it was already stopped, Jack shut down the engine, got the key out of the ignition, and joined Abe in the back.

The door was soon unlocked and the door opened. Inside was a wood crate about seven feet long and another much smaller crate. Each of them maybe a foot tall and a foot wide.
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 114 posts
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 17:06
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Having done what she had to do - and not liking it at all - Cailin exited the truck and took a few steps away to let the others do their thing.

Still, she couldn't help but get closer, pushed by her curiosity she wanted to know what the truck was moving for so many people to be interested in whatever that was.
Dragondog
 GM, 470 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 18:23
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Caillin joined Abe and Jack at the rear of the truck where she too could see the two crates.


[OOC: If you want to check inside the crates, you need to go inside.]
Abe Griffith
 PC Fae, 199 posts
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 18:55
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Abe looked over to Cailin.  "Look, I don't like it as a thing either.  But as none of us could think of any other way to keep him from dying tonight without revealing Shadowland - which would end up with him dying anyways, I can't complain about having limited mind control as an option."

He hopped up into the truck, and to open each of the boxes, hoping to get an idea of what they were dealing with.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:08, Tue 14 Apr.

Dragondog
 GM, 471 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 21:18
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Abe used a crowbar someone had left in the van to open the crates that had been nailed shut.

In the larger one, he saw four staffs in packing material. They were each a couple of inches shy of being a foot taller than he was. The end closest to him was tear-shaped and the far end was shaped like the pupil of a cat. In general, the staff was about an inch in diameter, with a few protrusions here and there, bronze-like in color, with etchings all over its surface.

He then touched one of them. Before repeating the process with the smaller crate.

In the smaller case was a strange-looking type of jewelry worn on the left hand. Half of it was a band, perhaps half an inch wide, that wrapped around your lower arm. The band was connected to a circular gold mounting with a blue gem in it with a diameter of about half the width of a palm. That mounting was connected to five rods, one for each finger. And each rod connected to a gold ring on the first section of each finger, and a cap that would cover the last section of each finger, including the fingerprint.

And Abe touched it too.
Abe Griffith
 PC Fae, 200 posts
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 00:06
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Abe picked up one of the staves from the case and gave it a spin to test its balance.  He then held its tear-shaped end back as he had seen the armored men do in his vision, being as careful of he cat's eye end of the staff as he would with a rifle barrel, and resisted the urge to fire a trial shot out into the desert.  He showed the others what he had learned from his vision.  "These are staff-rifles, but they fire energy instead of bullets.  If you're familiar with both halves, you may want to use them in the coming fight.  They have a dark history though - they're tools of war, and possibly oppression."

He picked up the piece of jewelry from the smaller case and tried to put it on.  "This, though.  This seems to be the opposite.  It exudes safety and enlightenment."  He moved his fingers in different gestures, willing something to happen, trying to get the smaller device to reveal what it did.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:36, Wed 15 Apr.

Dragondog
 GM, 472 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 04:59
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
After having picked up, twirled, and demonstrated how to shoot with the staff, Abe returned it to the crate and picked up the jewelry. He placed the band around his left arm, the rings around his fingers, and the cap on his fingertips.

After "using" it for about a minute, Abe was surrounded by a nearly invisible cylinder.



[OOC: As a simplification, the staff looks something like below. Protrusions not included. The parenthesis section would be more closely symbolized by a single longer parenthesis on each side to get the cat's pupil shape, but I don't have characters that look like that.]

 ()
 ()
 ()
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
 ||
/  \
\__/
Cailin Weber
 PC Angel, 116 posts
Thu 16 Apr 2020
at 06:01
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
"Those look like the Goa'uld weapons from Stargate. The jafa or something one, you know, the one Teal'c carried around?" Cailin commented about the staves. "They made big holes too. And they weren't exactly a peaceful and benevolent empire... Theocracy? People, either." She didn't move to take one though, and turned to the case of jewelry.

"Why would someone want to move things diametrically opposed? Why would those Banshees of yours want them?" Cailin shrugged, "And while we're at it... How did they learn about those in the first place?"
Dragondog
 GM, 475 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 13:41
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
There seemed to be more questions than answers. Perhaps answers would come when you faced the Banshees. Perhaps not.

You packed everything back into the van, Dean jumped into the driver's seat, and headed west.


[What do you do?]
Abe Griffith
 PC Fae, 202 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 21:04
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
Abe had never watched Stargate.  He had figured it was a rip-off of Star Wars and not bothered with it, so he shrugged at Cailin when she asked about it.  It was apparently a sci-fi deficiency he would have to remedy.  "So, what's this one do, exactly?"  He asked her about the more peaceful and decorative item on his hand.

Before Dean started driving, Abe took a minute and opened a portal back to Sparrow's, and asked everyone to help put any unused staves through, leaving the boxes in the truck.  Even if they failed tonight, he didn't want the weapons - or whatever the other thing was - to fall into werewolf hands.  He held on to the jewelry device,

He let Tom (or Cailin if she wanted) take the front seat with Dean, as they were the most capable of defending themselves in hand-to-hand.  He hopped in the back.  He intended to practice with the hand jewelry once Cailin explained what she could of it.  If it turned out not to be useful for combat, he would put it in his pocket until after the fight.

OOC: If Cailin was wanting the wrist thing, Abe would be happy to let her have it and hold onto a staff instead.
Dragondog
 GM, 477 posts
 GM
 Storyteller
Fri 1 May 2020
at 20:41
1.3 Thank You For Not Screaming (main)
GM passing a message.