Part 1 - Awakenings.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 15 posts
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 13:33
Awakenings
Edward picks out a few history books, afterward the old man is ushered out of the ward by the nurse. In the back of one of the books, is a bookmark with an art nouveau moon design, an advertisement of a bookshop in the centre of Melbourne.

Later that evening Edward sidetracks the nurse just long enough that Luca is able to change the water. That evening the dreams return stronger than before, near morning both of you are awoken by Aileen shouting in a strange language [Language unknown:  "T ckio ha ni laniss, yindercon a! Ar weroutest o olhapa, str and iole oreer e"]
Edward Lawrence
 player, 15 posts
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 12:51
Awakenings
In reply to Narrator (msg # 45):

Ward jumps up from his bed and rushes over to Aileen, comforting her. 'What sort of dream did you have?
Aileen
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 09:46
Awakenings
Aileen stares up at Edward "I felt like I had walked thousands of kilometers out of paradise over scorching deserts, pursued my enemies. With me were a well-dressed lawgiver and several others of my household.

I lacked the will or strength to continue running. So I decided to make a stand against my pursuers. I pasted the lawgiver an armband of silver  and asked him to keep to safe and take it far away. It seemed to be the most important thing in my life. They fleed into the desert, and I waited for my enemies to approach. The last thing I remember is burning sands and towers of flame


The strangest dream, but a fragment of a memory of it is still with me, [Language unknown:  Si redonsearurence enck pathalic itnd ch tonale]"

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:50, Wed 13 Nov 2019.

Luca Vizzina
 player, 19 posts
Thu 14 Nov 2019
at 06:34
Awakenings
In reply to Aileen (msg # 47):

Luca looks wide eyed.. did anyone else just see that fire there? Am I trippin? Maybe we need those meds!
Edward Lawrence
 player, 16 posts
Thu 14 Nov 2019
at 08:52
Awakenings
In reply to Luca Vizzina (msg # 48):

Nodding to Luca 'Scared the billy out of me yesterday, but if you can see it... not me daydreaming....'

Turning to Aileen 'Can you tell me more of this lawgiver, what did they look like?'
Aileen
Thu 14 Nov 2019
at 10:15
Awakenings
Aileen puts her head in her hands "I'm not sure. A Middle-Eastern looking man with a squared black beard but dressed like out of an old movie, in simple robes. "
Luca Vizzina
 player, 20 posts
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 23:03
Awakenings
In reply to Aileen (msg # 50):

Luca still seems freaked about the fire.. Hey, dreams and crazy languages are all well and odd, but this fire was real, which means a whole-nother thing. This is some next level shit here.. I feel like we gotta get out of here and find out where we are for sure. Can you guys walk and stuff?
Edward Lawrence
 player, 17 posts
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 11:40
Awakenings
In reply to Luca Vizzina (msg # 51):

With a sigh 'So we go and have a walk, then what? Their are people out there looking for us,  the Inspector wanted to know about someone with a weird Nazi tattoo,  we going to walk out the front gate and get kidnapped?  I bet there out there still watching the place.'


Shrugging 'I don't know. Did these flames cause the car crash? I want more memory to return before we hot foot it anywhere.   Kash has been very quiet on all this'.    Looking to the American.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:42, Sun 17 Nov 2019.

Kash
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 09:43
Awakenings
Kash looks up "I like the sound of what the kid is saying, we need to get out of here. The problem that we have is no cash, no clothes, no transport and no IDs. Maybe these people are right and there is someone after us, but everything feels wrong here. We are isolated from everyone else in a looney bin, maybe we are a bit mad"
Luca Vizzina
 player, 21 posts
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 09:56
Awakenings
In reply to Kash (msg # 53):

Luca thinks on the issue for a bit.. right, we need to get some cash and transport, and exit likely with a doc or a laundry or something. I need to look around and make a plan. For now help me guys, help me replace the water with our drugs in them, with normal water and maybe we remember more. Then we work on getting out of here..

Luca starts to formulate a plan, finds out the laundry day from the notes on the wall, asks about staff who come and go, not the orderlies but the cleaners and others. Subtle, but trying to find the way out for four escapees who actually have all their faculties - he things they wouldn't expect a plan with four as the security is more for individuals over the edge.

The initial plan he has in mind is a distraction, making it into the laundry room, making the driver give them a lift with a weapon and out the side gate.
Edward Lawrence
 player, 18 posts
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 08:23
Awakenings
In reply to Luca Vizzina (msg # 54):

Nodding to everyone 'Okay,  work on something.  Not really much area of expertise'.

Edward will look for the senior nurse which order the security guard to stand down, someone with authority. From the nurse he request a copy of the hospitals Discharge Policy and any court orders pertaining to himself,  most likely listed as Joe Doe of some sort.
Luca Vizzina
 player, 22 posts
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 09:44
Awakenings
In reply to Edward Lawrence (msg # 55):

Luca looks at the others in the room as if he forgot about something.. yes, true, I just started planning but good if you can help. See what information you guys can get about the way this place works, all the boring stuff that people tell you about rosters and lockers and stuff, chat with the staff and get them complaining about each other, people always let stuff slip when they are complaining, people love complaining.
Narrator
 GM, 16 posts
Sun 24 Nov 2019
at 12:37
Awakenings
Kash and Luca scope out the various staff routines, there appears to be three ways out of the building. First is stealing the passcard from the main door orderlies, the main problem with this is no clothes, transport. The next way is via the laundry which seems to be taken offsite. Large carts are wheeled into a holding room before being loaded onto a truck, which drives off onto the main road. The last is the staff locker room and access door. This is where the staff store their day clothes and belongings before changing into the hospital garb.


Edward talks to the senior nurse about policies, she will not say much about anything in his files and just refers decisions back to a Dr. Sandford. It appears that he is the only one with the authority for Edwards case. The doctor is not at the hospital here at the moment but is due to return in a few days.


After a few days of swapping out the drugged water, seem to have a strange effect. The world does seem to get much clearer and sharper, your mental wits return stronger than before. However, the little coloured flames continue to appear around people when they talk about different things.
Edward Lawrence
 player, 19 posts
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 10:50
Awakenings
In reply to Narrator (msg # 57):

Edward annoy at the nurse, gets to work helping Kash and Luka out on the orderlie information.  Looking to see if any of them are sloppy in door closing and such like that which mighty give access to the staff locker room.
Luca Vizzina
 player, 23 posts
Thu 28 Nov 2019
at 09:12
Awakenings
In reply to Edward Lawrence (msg # 58):

Luca looks at the laundry option.. maybe via the staff lockers for some gear. He runs some scenarios in his mind, planning it like a military action. In private moments with the others he asks some questions,  so, I've been in the army, and been we say, involved, with a few low life crims in my day, where you guys from? Any experience we can use on this caper?
Edward Lawrence
 player, 20 posts
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 09:22
Awakenings
In reply to Luca Vizzina (msg # 59):

Shrugging 'I can ride a horse well and well shot rabbits, but not really experience like being in the army or such.'  Edward malingers  for a few moments 'Luka, you have an eye for the shady,  these orderlies are generally low paid and some might be into stealling or smuggling drugs into the hospital.  Any way we could find one such person and either bribe them or more likely conduct a bit of blackmail.  Best crime is an inside job they say.'
Kash
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 04:45
Awakenings
Kash nods "The laundry would be good for a day escape, but there are less people around at night. I'm sure we can get into the staff lockers between shifts, it is just getting pass the guard at our ward. Drug him maybe?"

GM: I will add some more dreams to the private messages when I can.
Edward Lawrence
 player, 21 posts
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 09:02
Awakenings
In reply to Kash (msg # 61):

Nodding to Luca 'If we evaporate the water from out medicate that Luca is removing, we can collect the residue and make a more concentrated form, if it is a sedative should be easy to get into the guard coffee.  The guard is not taking much notice of us after the nurse gave orders to lead us roam the ward'. 
Kash
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 01:48
Awakenings
"That might work, but we don't have access to a method to boil off the water. We could try using the sun, but that would take awhile. Best why would be if someone could steal or use a kettle on the quite

We are free to wander during the day for a few hours, but they make sure we are back here before dinner
"
Luca Vizzina
 player, 24 posts
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 09:32
Awakenings
In reply to Kash (msg # 63):

Luca sighs.. Look we're not not surviving on a desert island here or trying to outlast our Nazi jailers... it's just a hospital and not used to people working in teams. Just need a distraction, a plan and some assets. The laundry guy will be enough, if we can steal some drugs then good we can slow the guards up. Let's see if we can get a chance to steal some. Maybe when I swap out the water I can lift the pills too.
Just get the timings and let's get clear of here.


Luca will look for times and opportunities to lift drugs or passes and then work out the timing of the guards and schedules in his memory. Repeating things 20 times to remember each..
Edward Lawrence
 player, 22 posts
Tue 10 Dec 2019
at 11:02
Awakenings
In reply to Luca Vizzina (msg # 64):

Nodding 'Okay, a few distractions and a bit of malingering,  I can do that.  Quicker the better,  I keep seeing flames.'.

Look for opportunities to distract the orderlies so that Luca can steal things.
Narrator
 GM, 19 posts
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 04:38
Little Flames
Luca and Edward watch the guards and look for opportunities to get some drugs and an access card to the laundry. After awhile it starts to seem quite easy, the light golden flames that have been appearing around the patients and orderlies heads only appear when they are paying attention to you personally. Using that as a guide, it almost seems like child play to move around without being noticed and take some pills.
Luca Vizzina
 player, 25 posts
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 08:46
Little Flames
In reply to Narrator (msg # 66):

Luca puts the finishing touch on the plan, picking the laundry day when the laundry van might leave in a quiet time.. a time when a sleeping orderly or two won't be found for a while and a group could exit past the nurse while they are elsewhere on rounds. Plan is to exist in the back unseen and take over the van later, or if things go south take over from the delivery van driver and take his clothes.
Edward Lawrence
 player, 23 posts
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 07:38
Little Flames
In reply to Luca Vizzina (msg # 67):

Nodding 'The golden flames can light the way and let us step carefully.  We might have time to get some money from the orderlies lockers in their staff room too.'
Narrator
 GM, 20 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 12:24
Escape
Luca spikes the lunch of the ward guard, before heading off towards the laundry room with a quick detour into the staff locker room to pick up a few piece street clothes and a small amount of money.

The delivery truck arrives after an hour, and carefully watching the driver's perceptions, everyone makes it into the back of the van. Soon after the driver closes up the doors and the van drives off, and out of the hospital.