Part 3 - Learning.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 55 posts
Wed 19 Aug 2020
at 12:13
Black Smoke
The hike to the coastal jetty takes less time than expected, and Phillip quickly starts up the small inflatable boat. It is a tight fit and a little unstable in the water but lucky it seems quite calm between the island and the mainland.

As you pull up to the boat ramp, the van is parked where it was left, however a number of the doors are lay open. A 4x4 burns with a cloud of thick smoke not far off. The rest of the car park is pretty empty, some cars seem abandoned.

Aileen is kneeling in a pile of black ash, her shirt ripped and bloody. Sirens can be heard a few blocks away.
Luca Vizzina
 player, 85 posts
Fri 21 Aug 2020
at 00:41
Black Smoke
In reply to Narrator (msg # 116):

Luca rushes over, Aileen.. You ok? You need to cook some ignorant scumbags? Let's go before the cops come..
Edward Lawrence
 player, 78 posts
Fri 21 Aug 2020
at 10:23
Black Smoke
In reply to Luca Vizzina (msg # 117):

Nodding 'We better get moving quickly.'  Ward looks around to see if anyone is looking this way.  taking a clear breath and concentrating.

'We should work on helping Aileen getting these fires under control.'

This message was last edited by the player at 11:32, Fri 21 Aug 2020.

Narrator
 GM, 56 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 06:56
Roadside Assailant
Luca helps Aileen up, her face is bruised and bloodied, but her eyes have a fiery glow, "The fires are under control!" with that the fires leap from the burning 4x4 to the other nearby vehicles.

Bundling her into the van, Kash takes the wheel and drives off out of the boat ramp carpark. A fire truck and a police car rush past, sirens blazing. However, different police car starts to follow the van and after a few minutes flashes its lights, indicating for the van to pull over.
Edward Lawrence
 player, 79 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 14:31
Roadside Assailant
In reply to Narrator (msg # 119):

Scratching his head 'No one has a licence do they? Maybe put Phillip in the driving seat quickly,  Luca you think you can talk your way around the police?'
Luca Vizzina
 player, 86 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 23:30
Roadside Assailant
In reply to Edward Lawrence (msg # 120):

Lyca readies himselfi guess we better try, cops have a script they run to,  if we answer their questions they'll make little notes and stuff but not having id is tricky. quick get Phil get up here in the seat.. Phil we're tourists from interstate here for a break yeah? you talk I'll get them to believe whatever you say..
Narrator
 GM, 57 posts
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 14:34
Roadside Assailant
Kash pulls the van to the side of the road, and then hastily swap places with Phillip. He seems a little unsure of what to do, touching the wheel, peddles and levers that are in front of him, reminding himself of what they do.

The police car pulls up behind the van, and shortly later two police step out. One walks towards the driver's side window, while the second looks over the vehicle from the rear.

Walking to the window, the policemen skims the scene inside the van, then turns to Phillip, "Drivers license, thanks! Is this your van son?"

Phillip fumbles with his wallet, pulling out a card "Here you are. Ahh, I borrowed the van while I'm here studying." The policemen flips the card around in his fingers "Do you have a Victorian Drivers license? This is a student ID card? Hmmm"

Phillip seems a little taken aback by the question, the policemen reaches back into the van to hand the card back. Luca gently taps him on the back of his hand, a green vapor leaping from Luca's hand to the policemen. To his shock, the vapor quickly flows up his arm and straight into his nose. His eyes rolls back in his head and his body shudders alittle. Fumbling away from the van, he vaguely waves to Phillip to drive on as he drops to his knees.
Luca Vizzina
 player, 87 posts
Tue 1 Sep 2020
at 01:18
Roadside Assailant
In reply to Narrator (msg # 122):

Luca watches in the mirror at the officer as he heads away, a look of doubt on his face. Gee i hope i didn't fry that poor guys head.. i think that worked. Thanks Phillip, you did good. How old are you anyway? Did you actually have a driver's licence to give?

Edward Lawrence
 player, 80 posts
Tue 1 Sep 2020
at 12:59
Roadside Assailant
In reply to Luca Vizzina (msg # 123):

Containing a laugh 'Well,  to be put on the list of things to do,  get Phillip a licence so one of us has one.'

Looking across to Aileen 'Anything we need to know there?  I think we all have had dreams about a cleansing ritual,  should give more control and a few other things.  Aileen have you had anything of that sort?'
Phillip Boulanger
 NPC, 3 posts
 Disciple
Tue 1 Sep 2020
at 14:49
Roadside Assailant
The van lures down the road before Phillip works out the gear shift "No, no. I haven't driven a car very much at all. I don't have an Australian license. Motor scooter, yes. Car, no. I'm 20"
Aileen
 NPC, 7 posts
Tue 1 Sep 2020
at 14:53
Roadside Assailant
Aileen shrugs "Only the drawings that I did the other morning" She looks around the scraps of paper littering the back of the van "I've got some ideas on what I want to do, but nothing around here seems right. It always seems like I am missing something important"
Luca Vizzina
 player, 88 posts
Tue 1 Sep 2020
at 22:25
Roadside Assailant
In reply to Aileen (msg # 126):

Now on the back with Ward, Luca starts going through the drawings looking for clues. Handing each one to Ward and Putin n them in sorry sort of order..
you making puzzles for us Aileen? Let's see if anything shakes lose a memory.. that's a good one,  I like the red.. lots of red there too...

Luca looks for common themes or larger pictures it might make.
Edward Lawrence
 player, 81 posts
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 10:22
Roadside Assailant
In reply to Luca Vizzina (msg # 127):

Chatting to Phillip 'Go slow mate, no rush here'.

Now looking down at the drawing and trying to let the pieces fall into a pattern and look for the missing element.
Narrator
 GM, 58 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 10:00
Rumbles of Maddess
Edward and Luca look over the Aileen's drawings and scraps. It is quite hard to make sense, however soon scraps words in both English and Persian start to link the pages together. They form into a complex repeating poem around an occultic summoning circle pattern.
Luca Vizzina
 player, 89 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 10:53
Rumbles of Maddess
In reply to Narrator (msg # 129):

Luca nods "Yeah, I think we can work with this. Maybe find a place for a bonfire and make this work. Might be like yours Ward. What's say we find a likely spot.. the house secluded enough?
Edward Lawrence
 player, 82 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 12:53
Rumbles of Maddess
In reply to Luca Vizzina (msg # 130):

Shaking his head 'The house is in the middle of the city, a huge bonfire will spark interest.'   Pointing outside the window and bushland rushes past 'We are in Welshpool, middle of nowhere.  There is a national park around here somewhere.  Phillip poll into a servo, we can fill up and I can get a look map'.  Looking across to Luca '..occult summoning circle, do we need candles and things?'

This message was last edited by the player at 12:57, Mon 07 Sept 2020.

Luca Vizzina
 player, 90 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 22:10
Rumbles of Maddess
In reply to Edward Lawrence (msg # 131):

Luca makes a face like he is trying to remember...
Narrator
 GM, 59 posts
Thu 10 Sep 2020
at 11:22
Natures Call
Phillip puts up to a petrol station and starts to fill up the van. Aileen takes the time to grab a map and some heap of junk food. After searching the map for a bit, Aileen just goes back in and asks the attendant and gets directions to a campsite called 'Dingo Creek Campground'.

Following the directions north out of Welshpool, it takes about half an hour to arrive. The campsite is in a forested gully, on small grassed flats on both sides of the bubbling Dingo Creek. There are not camp facilities, and also no other campers.

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:35, Fri 11 Sept 2020.

Luca Vizzina
 player, 91 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 06:51
Natures Call
In reply to Narrator (msg # 133):

Luca wakes with a bit os a start and looks about blinking, we there?

I must have dozed off.. strange dreams again.. I remember a peom, something in a strange language, maybe about a desert wind I think.. I can't recall the words. Maybe written by an Erma? I can hear them but they are leaving like the dream. Let me write it down, you guys look around for some kindling? Like we'll need that. I need to get this down.

Luca looks for a pen and paper to write down the poem and sits and thinks..
Edward Lawrence
 player, 83 posts
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 01:29
Natures Call
In reply to Luca Vizzina (msg # 134):

Ward folds up the map and taps it on the car door as he gets out.  'A few things to unpack here.' waving the map 'More than the police are searching for us around Welshpool.  This place looks to be really in the middle of no where, so lets hope it is safe while we look at Aileens poem'.

Getting his note book and pen out, he quickly hands it to Luca.  Holding silence so the man can concentrate on is dream.  Gesturing to everyone else to get out.

'Bonfire Aileen?'  He gets to work looking for dead wood around the small clearing.
Phillip Boulanger
 NPC, 4 posts
 Disciple
Tue 15 Sep 2020
at 22:31
Natures Call
Luca jots down the fleeting memories from his daydream, while Aileen and Phillip search for firewood and a flat area to start a fire. Aileen builds up a pile of wood, and flicks a match into the center. Soon the fire starts to crackle and grow.

Afterwards Phillip wanders up to Edward "Master, why is it that we have to deceive the police? Couldn't have you just shown them the truth, as you have shown me?"
Edward Lawrence
 player, 84 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 01:16
Natures Call
In reply to Phillip Boulanger (msg # 136):

Ward looks across to Phillip 'A most interesting questions.  They always say that the Truth will set you free,  not something that is true in practice. '

'I believe the other principals must always be considered,  Honour, Duty and Truth for instance.  Even if those police where sawn the trust, they could be still bound by their duty.  Like Doctors, military and some other professions, people make an oath to uphold some ideals.'

'Police arrest criminals,  they see the harm they do but in court the criminals for one reason or another might go free,  the individual policeman accepts this.  Duty vs. truth. Very basic example but I hope you understand'.   

Narrator
 GM, 60 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2020
at 08:07
Natures Call
Phillip nods and sits down by the fire to think. Aileen pokes at the fire, as it cracks and burns. "So what now?"
Edward Lawrence
 player, 85 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2020
at 17:01
Natures Call
In reply to Narrator (msg # 138):

Ward gets his notebook out and writes the poem out clearly for Aileen from the scraps she has made.  'Memories this and start repeating it.  We are in the right place and the elements of fire are present.  See if you old memories shine like a beacon!'
Luca Vizzina
 player, 92 posts
Wed 30 Sep 2020
at 07:38
Natures Call
In reply to Edward Lawrence (msg # 139):

Luca shrugs.. I reckon this is your bit.. you have already worked out about your firey habits, but Ward showe us there is a proper ritual you can do do really make things happen. Maybe a danec, a poem.. I dunno let's all try something. We need some booze we got any alcohol?