(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 445 posts
Mon 21 Dec 2020
at 00:54
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The sleepy walled village of Nodnol was a good place to relax. With the walls defended and a lake at the center, its survives on its own. As of late everyone works together.

A summons goes out throughout the land looking for people who want to find out what is going on.

Their story begins outside the walls of Nodnol.

It is near dawn. The walls don't seem to be manned but the gates are closed. The typical sound of nature filters through the morning.

Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 40 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Mon 21 Dec 2020
at 11:02
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The half orc is dressed in plain travelling clothes with a well worn armour on to of them. The marks in his face give him an even wilder look.
And the fact that there is a huge black panther by his side does not help mitigating that look.
"I think you guys are tired of sleeping under the stars. We could look for a night in a tavern if you like... But I am not sure how welcome Trepa and might be."
He scratches the head of the panther, who revolves trying to give his master to the right spot to scratch.
"Let's try anyway."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:32, Mon 21 Dec 2020.

Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 8 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Mon 21 Dec 2020
at 17:41
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn nods at the half-orc's words. "Yeah, I'll be ready for a real bed tonight," he says. "After we get the lay of the land."

He steps up close to the gate, peering through, looking from side to side, trying to see if there's a gatekeeper, toll taker or anyone like that around.

Perhaps it's a little early in the day for Oswyn, as his typically sharp senses seem a little fuzzy.

He knocks on the wood of the gate.

12:41, Today: Oswyn Fitzwarren rolled 10 using 1d20+7.  Perception.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:45, Mon 21 Dec 2020.

Londin Shilliy
 Elf Bard, 3 posts
Mon 21 Dec 2020
at 18:36
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Londin sighed as she thought of how soft a bed for the night would be.  She was wearing a knee length red dress that as always looked clean, despite their time on the road.

"An actual bed for the night would be amazing.  I would love not being outside for a change."

Londin looked at the Druid.
"I cannot imagine a place that would turn away good coin."
She stopped and looked down at the panther, then spoke to Turkhirk with a smile.

"Then again, maaaaybe I have just acclimated to the oddity."
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 41 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Mon 21 Dec 2020
at 20:52
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Trepa walks slowly between Tukhirk and Londin, rubbing is back against the bard as requesting to be caressed.
The bard can feel the impressing muscles of the beast below the shiny black fur.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 8 posts
Mon 21 Dec 2020
at 21:24
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar rubs his drooping eyes as they approach the gates in the early morning light. Listening to his compatriots, he brushes the layers of dust and dirt off his breastplate armor to no avail, simply smearing it. "Panther or not, we may not be the most friendly looking of folks," he almost grumbles out, wiping his hand on his pant leg.

Joining Oswyn in stepping forward to the gate, he will wait for a moment, seeing Oswyn scan the area then knock. If nobody answers in a few seconds, Ralgar will lift his stoney fist and heavily knock twice.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:47, Mon 21 Dec 2020.

Riki Rizira
 Halfling Barbarian, 37 posts
 Don't Call Me SHORT!
 I'm Height Challenged!
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 14:00
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The small warrior comes up from behind, one hand over her sword as it almost hits the ground.  Riki looks up at all of them and her eyes narrow. Her other arm gently rests on the panther's back, moving along its side and she stares into its eyes, her own narrowing. The halfling moves off to the side and watches.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 450 posts
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 14:03
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Time passes. Coming along the wall at a slow pace is a young man. He watches them one by one "Are you here about the summons?" Another man, older with a beard and a eyepatch comes from a different area of the wall. He looks down at them as well.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 42 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 15:32
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk looks at the young man while the panther walks around him calmly and ignores the men in the wall.
"Good evening sir. We are looking for a place to stay overnight... we heard about these news, although they were second hand. Maybe you can give us more details about it. If you are having problems in your town we can solve them. It's what we do."
The half orc looks at the rest seeking confirmation.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:42, Tue 22 Dec 2020.

Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 11 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 19:07
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn nods as Tukhirk explains their business and confirms their interest in the call for assistance that has gone out from Nodnol.

"More details would be good," he says. "Like how much the job pays."
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 9 posts
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 19:26
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar takes a few steps back from the gate so he can get a better look at the two men on the wall. He stifles a yawn with his arm and calls up to the men. "Maybe we could have this talk over some breakfast. We have traveled quite a way."
Londin Shilliy
 Elf Bard, 4 posts
Tue 22 Dec 2020
at 21:24
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Londin looks down as Trepa rubs against her, she extends her hand and begins the scratch at the panthers fur with a smile.


She looks up at the two that have addressed the group.


"Everything my companions have said I second.  Let us in and lets get some food.  We can iron out details over a shared meal."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 451 posts
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 15:09
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
If they heard the rogue, they pay little heed to it least for now. They talks for a moment, muttering to each other. They disseapear down a side ramp and after a moment, the duel-doors are open "Who leads you?"

The halfling steps up ahead of them, moving at a fast pace. She looks up at the two guards, eyes narrow. The blade upon her back almost hits the ground as she stops.

"You mean...." The guards look at eachother then look at the group "Food and lodging will be provided. We do need the help but cannot say without permission what has occured. My apologies. But what we say is dire-evil has come." They look nervous, probably knowing more then they say.

The older man finally speaks out, resting a hand over the young guard "Go on now. Inn is in the center of the town. Watch the skies and do not go to the lake. Stay away from the woodlands. Be safe."
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 12 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Wed 23 Dec 2020
at 16:56
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn squints a little at the two men, not appreciating their lack of specificity regarding the problems facing the town. He's a bit skeptical of their instructions as well, but figures the inn is probably the best place for them to find out more.

He glances at the others. "Sounds scary. Let's head to the inn and try and figure out what's going on around here, eh?"

He steps past the doors and starts walking toward the center of town at a relaxed pace, using his quarterstaff as a walking stick, looking like some typical pilgrim or traveler. From time to time, he looks up at the sky.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 10 posts
Thu 24 Dec 2020
at 05:45
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"To the inn, then," Ralgar says somewhat apprehensively at the lack of details from the guards. He pushes the gate open for Oswyn and follows behind him, dragging his feet. "Any place that gives free food can't be too bad, huh?"
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 44 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Fri 25 Dec 2020
at 20:19
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nods. "To the inn. Let's eat something and get some details about that dire-evil in the town..."
The half orc druid wonders about the reason for warning about the lake and the woodlands. If there are wolf animals there, they can't be much more dangerous than the ones found in the woods around the town.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 453 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2021
at 22:54
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The barbarian takes the lead which is rather odd but she's definatly swift. Her sword swings behind her and stops as she looks around. The others follow suit, going across the village. They spot several farmsteads, but no one outside and their windows boarded up or closed. It seems eery. Nothing come out of the woodlands  surrounding the group besides a small road. They soon get to the center of town. Several old buildings line it, some with second floors. Still-all are boarded up or closed tightly. A man sits outside near a open doorway, with a pipe smoking it. He glances at the odd group and then up into the sky. Its cloudy and somewhat dark but there's enough light. The man stands up and motions for them to come over.
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 14 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 02:13
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn moves toward the man who's motioning to the group.

"Good day, right?" he says. "This the inn or what?"

He glances up at the sky, mindful of the warning the group received.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 12 posts
Sat 2 Jan 2021
at 02:22
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
With his mind on a warm bowl of stew, Ralgar takes a second to realize the party has stopped to talk to this old man. Seeing Oswyn and the man looking skyward, he also glances up, having to lean back because of his stocky neck. He steps closer to the man, and speaks up, following Oswyn's question. "And if it's not the inn, could you point us to it?"
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 45 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Sun 3 Jan 2021
at 22:03
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk walks silently with Trepa by his side. He looks around trying to understand the kind of people that lives here while the panther send to be doing the same, but smelling all fragrances that come to it.
He doesn't seem to be paying a lot of attention, so when the group stops he only says
"Did we find the inn already?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:03, Sun 03 Jan.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 457 posts
Wed 20 Jan 2021
at 22:37
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The halfling glances up at the rogue and shakes her head. She grunts and moves towards the man.

The man leans against the wall and opens the door "Yes this is the inn. And this isn't a good day or night. Least not here. Go on, not much to offer but its a roof over your head."

Riki glances at the others, adjusting her big sword and waits.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 46 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Sun 24 Jan 2021
at 13:25
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nous at the man and enters the inn. Trepa walks towards the door but after the half orc gives him a look, the panther moves around and sits in a nearby place between two wooden barrels.
"Hello, would you have some food for a group of travellers that just arrived in town?" says Tukhirk at the person behind the counter.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 13 posts
Mon 25 Jan 2021
at 04:08
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar thanks the man with a slight bow, and makes his way inside, following Tukhirk to the counter. With a slight grunt, Ralgar heaves himself up onto a bar stool. He leans his guisarme against the bar and waits for the barkeep to acknowledge Tukhirk. "Something warm would be preferable." Ralgar spins himself around on the stool and looks out across the room and takes in the crowd.

23:07, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 9 using 1d20+2.  Perception

He turns his head back to the barkeep over his shoulder. "While you're dishing up the food, is there anything you could tell us about what's been going on around here?"
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 15 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Tue 26 Jan 2021
at 20:02
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn joins Ralgar at the bar, eyeing the food and drink. He's not picky and will settle for just about anything the place has to offer.

"Yeah," he adds after Ralgar speaks. "Seems like it's pretty grim in these parts, eh?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 461 posts
Thu 11 Feb 2021
at 01:49
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Inside the inn, its a small room with a bar, some tables and a spiral staircase leading up to a second floor with several closed doors above. A fireplace with a lit fire rests oddly in the center. A innkeeper-rough looking man with a eyepatch leans against the bar after wiping it down. The area is relatively old but well kept. He stares at the group and upon seeing the panther, he speaks "Outside with it!" The man barks out as Riki enters. She growls at him, eyes narrowed as she lays the large sword on a nearbye table "Strange bunch comin' on in here. Watcha want eh? Don't just stand there ." He mutters as the halfling keeps staring at him.

Coming down the stairs is another man. His clothes are a bit better and he has a small cane "I assume you have heard the summons?" He gets down to the bottom "Pardon. I am Mayor Hawkin."
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 14 posts
Fri 12 Feb 2021
at 03:59
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Seeing the nicely-dressed man enter the room, Ralgar gives him a slight wave. "'ello Mayor Hawkin. We have heard your call, and we are here to save your town," he turns back to the barkeep, "and eat your food and drink." Ralgar turns back to the Mayor. "We asked your barkeep here, but he hasn't been of much help. Now, can someone tell us what the hell is going on and why are people afraid of the sky?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 462 posts
Fri 12 Feb 2021
at 09:45
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"How bout yer get back here and make it yerself yah good for nothing...." The barkeep definatly seems offended by the fighter "Yah walk in here with that hell of a attitude. So why don't yer keep that trap shut? Yah walk in here act like yer run this joint. You want food, he wants food. Anyone else want bloody food? Yah walk into my place and want to know what the hell is going on...." He looks down at the halfling that keeps staring at him "What?"

The halfling keeps on staring, her hands clenched and she sits down on the ground looking smaller then she did beforehand. Riki whistles to try to get Ralgar's attention.

The mayor catches her attention as well but she doesn't seem like the talkative type least not for now and not towards strangers. He raises his hand up "Please stop alright? We've been under much stress. Don't pay him any mind-he's been through hell and back. Relax I say. Come, sit around the fire. Please. Fetch us some mead and stew when you get a chance alright? Put it on my tab. Its good, you know that." Despite the aggrivation slowly creeping up, he stands near a table towards the center, the halfling looks up at the 'tall man'. Course everyone is taller them herself! "Its his establisment so no animals."
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 47 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Tue 16 Feb 2021
at 22:55
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nods at the words of the mayor "We understand, Mayor Hawkin. Your town has been in need for many suns and people are tired and stressed."
He considers for a second making an analogy about animals behaving similarly, but discards that idea.
"We've had a very long trip here and it has not been easy. We are willing to help your town get rig of whatever thing is threatening it, and we thank you for your kindness about some hot food while you give us the details."
The man smiles showing the mayor his tusks, that are much bigger than what it should be right for a regular human.
Trepa stays out of the establishment sitting calmly not far from the entrance.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 15 posts
Wed 17 Feb 2021
at 02:08
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar slides off the barstool with an extended grunt. "As Tukhirk said, sorry about the commotion. We want to help, but our feet are sore and our stomachs are empty. I would love to discuss the details over a warm bowl of stew." He grabs his weapon and makes his way over to where the Mayor is and extends a rough hand. "Name's Ralgar."
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 16 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Wed 17 Feb 2021
at 16:58
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn moves over to the mayor's table. His hands quickly check the hilts of his shortswords under his cloak, before he sits down without ceremony, awaiting the food and drink provided by the mayor.

"Appreciate the grub," he says. "So, tell us more."
Mayor Hawkin
 NPC, 3 posts
Sun 21 Feb 2021
at 15:18
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The keep brings out some stew and ale. He puts them on a table, and the halfling stares up at him. Her eyes narrow on the man and then the mayor. Slowly, she leans upwards and grabs the stew, dropping it in front of her.

Rubbing his chin, the mayor sits down once everyone is seated. He takes the ale, letting his fingers run along its sides "For some time, everything was peaceful. We have plenty of food and drink and everyone seems happy. But soon creatures started to come at night. Flying down upon us without mercy or compassion. Yet only one was taking away each night. Some were killed within the confines of this providence. I do not know why. Some villagers heard screams from a nearybe castle but none knew what caused them. People refused to leave their homes. And a beast has been heard of coming out of the woodlands. Everyone that face it was killed. Torn apart, bits and pieces thrown around like some crazed beast. The keeps daughter was taken as well. Horrible." He takes a sip of ale.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 16 posts
Mon 22 Feb 2021
at 04:38
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar shifts in his chair. "Flying creatures that can pluck a man from the ground, huh?" He chuckles. "I'm not sure how useful my spear will be against something I can't reach." He picks up the bowl of stew and takes a big slurp. "Aaahhh. Where's this castle you're speaking of?"

GM: Did we see a castle on our way to the town?
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 48 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Tue 23 Feb 2021
at 11:55
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nods silently at the words of the mayor.
"Those are truly disturbing news, sir. Those flying creatures... could anyone give us a description of what they look like?"
He hesitates for a second.
"What I'm about to request it might be quite hard for you or your people to accept and I'll understand if you decline it, but we could understand what beast is attacking your people if we could examine the wounds and the dead bodies of some of the victims..."
He looks at the mayor in the eyes and tries to look assuring to him.
"In any case once we catch our breath here I think we can go have a look at the castle you mentioned if you point us in the right direction."
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 17 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Wed 24 Feb 2021
at 00:19
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn nods as the mayor tells his story, pausing long enough to take a sip from his ale and to gobble some food. His table manners are somewhat lacking and one might think the man hadn't had a good drink or meal in quite some time, though that was not the case.

He nods a little more vigorously at his companion's suggestions. "Yep, it would make sense to look at the bodies, or go to that castle," he says quietly.

He looks to the mayor. "How long since the latest attack, eh? Anything 'fresh' at which me can take a looksee?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 480 posts
Wed 10 Mar 2021
at 00:42
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"The ones who were taken have not been seen since. As for the bodies, there is nothing but bits and pieces. We have some of them but there is nothing that is odd-torn apart, thrown here and there. We do not know who caused it, I probably mentioned so showing you them will do little good. The flying creatures do seem to be of humanoid but they strike so fast and true, just black shadows cominh down from above." The mayor seems serious and at time quiet, perhaps pondering what to be done or mourning the loss "The castle you say? No one even approached it. What was just a castle hidden within the confines of the mountains everyone believe it was haunted or abandoned. Or both but the flying creatures seem to go in its direction. Alas there is something important or perhaps not. All the woman or girls taken were never with child, never with a man..." He leans back in his chair "We are in dire straights."

The barbarian stares at her stew as she puts it on the ground. She takes a spoon and dips into it as if amazed and slowly brings it to her lips. She does this several times, concentrating on it. When the girls are mentioned, she looks up at the mayor, eyes narrowed.
Ashby Kranak
 Half-Elf Wizard, 10 posts
 HP 15/15, AC 12
 F:+1 R:+2 W:+2
Wed 10 Mar 2021
at 11:31
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Hmm," he begins, "Flying humanoids attacking women travelling alone. And no men nor children have been their target?" Ashby looks off to the corner of the room and taps a finger on his lips. After just a moment of thought he continues, "There are a few brutes who meet the physical description you provided, but their chosen targets hint at some specific goal rather than random strikes."

His eyes focus back to the group. "Friends, I believe we should have a look at the castle the mayor speaks of. The group of us together may keep these beasts at bay, at least at first. In the meantime, may I suggest encouraging the locals to travel in groups until this threat has passed?"

He takes a scoop of the stew, blowing off a wisp of steam before his bite.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 19 posts
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 03:58
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar nods in response to Ashby's suggestions. "I agree. At the very least, we may buy the town a little reprieve from the attacks. However, I understand that the townsfolk may be frightened, but..." he takes another bite of stew and falls back into his chair. "Can we go in a few hours so I can rest my feet for a bit. I'm not sure how effective I would be if we were to venture out again so soon after traveling." He chuckles to himself. "And if these things are targeting women, we have to protect Riki. That's not much weight to lift away!" He lets out a heartier chuckle.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:09, Fri 12 Mar.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 481 posts
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 04:47
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Without a word, the halfling slams into Ralgar's chair, flipping it over and slamming him to the ground. Riki stares at him, looking down upon him with her sword pressed against his chin.  She stares at him, barely nicking his chin. Hands clenching her blade, she backs up but keeps the sword at him despite him being her 'friend'. Apparently, she didn't take kindly to being called short.

The mayor watches the halflings movement and looks shocked as the oread is literally thrown down with a blade at his throat "It does seem like she can handle herself." He looks at the others "The villagers refuse to come outside at night but during the day well they go about their daily tasks but never alone. Fear."
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 19 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 16:31
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn rolls his eyes at the halfling's outburst. After the mayor finishes speaking, he glances at her. "You all done with that?" he asks flatly.

He raises his cup. "Here's to killing some nasties and getting a nice reward," he says to the group.

He looks at the mayor. "There is a nice reward, isn't there?" He stares right into the mayor's eyes and waits for an answer.
Riki Rizira
 Halfling Barbarian, 38 posts
 Don't Call Me SHORT!
 I'm Height Challenged!
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 16:42
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Roll your eyes one more time." The halfling stares now at the rogue, gripping her sword now turned on the rogue "He started it. I finished it. You have a issue?" As small as she is, she's got more guts then more. And a big sword.
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 20 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 17:15
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn ignores the halfling and waits for the mayor to respond.
Ashby Kranak
 Half-Elf Wizard, 11 posts
 HP 15/15, AC 12
 F:+1 R:+2 W:+2
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 17:27
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ashby drops his spoon in surprise at the halfling's outburst. Pushing his chair back, he raises his hands to show he was not a threat while he stands. "Riki, you know he meant no harm." He reaches an arm out to help Ralgar stand. "You have made your point. Now put the sword away."

His eyes remained trained on the halfling, prepared to take action if needed but hoping to not need it.
Riki Rizira
 Halfling Barbarian, 39 posts
 Don't Call Me SHORT!
 I'm Height Challenged!
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 17:37
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The barbarian seems to get angry but not to the raging 'I kill everyone around me'. She steps towards the rogue, holding her sword up right under his chin "I do not like being ignored. And I don't like you rolling your eyes like I am nothing." RIki is being pushed further along-first by the fighter and now by the rogue. Twice.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:39, Fri 12 Mar.

Mayor Hawkin
 NPC, 4 posts
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 17:43
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The mayor watches this halfling grab the big sword easily enough, probably enough to shock him as he leans back in his chair. He glances at the downed oread and the rogue pressing the blade against his chin "I simply want this village safe. Anything you find you can keep. I got nothing to offer besides shelter, food and drink." He hopes they will do it but has a feeling the rogue won't. He glances at the keep "More ale. Two for Riki right?" He smiles at her "Yes the flyers. And the ones in the woodlands. We got little proof what else."
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 21 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 18:03
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"And I don't like distracting outbursts when I'm trying to do business," Oswyn says. "But things don't always go how we like, do they?"

He doesn't seem overly bothered by the blade that miraculously got to his chin before he could even react--he must have been tired or distracted to have just sat there and let her get the drop on him like that. Either that, or the halfling was far far quicker than most anyone he had ever encountered.

"I'll ask again, we all done now? We need to get to work." He seems pretty calm for someone with a blade at his throat. Perhaps it's not the first time he has found himself in such a situation.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 483 posts
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 18:26
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Business? I simply asked for aid. I do not have any business for you. We need help. Also I believe if she is your friend insulting her isn't the best way and you seem to be rather rude in your approach to her. Course having a blade to your throat doesn't help. So again will everyone relax? Arguing amongst yourself will not aid you at all nor help my home." The mayor keeps a quiet tone, looking at each of them "Your friend did insult her small size which she can obviously use very well. I am not saying what Riki did was right but everyones reaction to her probably did not add to it."

The keep brings out more food and ale-two for the barbarian. He puts them on the table, grunting and goes back to the bar.

Riki listens to the mayor, probably only hearing half of what he said and backs away. She grabs her drink with her right hand, sword in her left and she raises it up to be bigger then she. Drink. Sword. Probably good but her eyes stay on the rogue watching him but not before she gives Ralgar a slight nudge with the sword handle as strong as she can pull off but not harming him.

The mage does his best to calm the rogue down as well as the barbarian before deciding it would be best for him to depart as has issues that have rose up as a young woman enters and speaks to him. He tells the group he has personal issues and tells the mayor his wishes him the best before departing.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:42, Fri 12 Mar.

Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 22 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 20:06
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn laughs at the mayor's words and looks at the halfling. "Well done, Riki. Just arrived in town and you already got a lawyer arguing your case for free. Funny how knockin' a bloke over and drawing a blade on another are lesser offenses than a funny look, but I suppose every establishment and every town has its own unique customs."

He sighs and looks at the mayor again. "And speaking of working for free...fine. Let's just say we get to keep whatever we find on this little venture."

He watches the mage leave, thinking Personal issues. Yeah, who doesn't have some of those?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 485 posts
Fri 12 Mar 2021
at 20:24
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Ralgar insulted me and it is my fault? You give me a strange look and ignore me and its my fault? You are no leader. And now you act like it?" The halfling grabs her gear and heads towards the door.

The mayor stands up and slams his hands down "Will you please just -stop-? I saw what happened and blaming her for others actions makes no sense. Yes some of her actions were uncalled for but your comment just made it worse. Everyone is entitled to how they react. You have your words that bleed into her. Are you not friends? And you...." The mayor turns towards Riki who is leaving "You draw a blade again, we will have words even if they are your supposed friends. Blades shall not be drawn unless use in battle against evil am I correct? This is my home and I will not stand here and allow people who just arrive tear what we have little torn apart. You said you will help us-then do it." He watches her for a moment and then looks at the druid and fighter and finally on the rogue "Please watch your tone. Or leave. I hope it doesn't come down to it, pray it doesn't but you must get along." He gets his breath back, tears starting to form but he wipes them away "Take what I say seriously. If I hear one comment of ill, one rude comment from any of you...." He doesn't expect what he just said to really have any power but probably have worse but hes trying to keep the peace

"Help us or leave." He finally watches the entire group.

Riki stands in the doorway, watching them before walking out.
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 23 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Sun 14 Mar 2021
at 00:24
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn looks to the rest of the group. "I'm ready to go take a look at this old castle and see what these flying monsters have been up to--and what sort of treasure they might be hoarding," he says. "Think it might be time for some fresh air. What do you all say?"

His tone is calm. His facial expression blank.
Mayor Hawkin
 NPC, 5 posts
Sun 14 Mar 2021
at 00:39
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"So it appears you are down to three." The mayor sighs, crossing his hands and stares at them. He seems a bit crestfallen "And I feel like all I said was completely ignored by all of you-not just the halfling." He looks at the others "Go to the north. It is some days travel along the path. Keep clear of the forest. You will need to go through the main square. I doubt any guards or villagers will go with you. Most have homes and families. I will remain here and try to soothe and get others to stay inside further. Day seems to be a lesser threat then night." He stands up "Thank you. Like I said, you will get free drinks and meals as well as a free place to rest." He glances at the keep who doesn't seem to like it but gets a grunt wiping down some mugs.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 21 posts
Sun 14 Mar 2021
at 04:11
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar rolls off the chair and onto his stomach, pushing himself back up to his feet and righting the chair. "To be fair, Oswyn," he says as he sits back in the chair, "I should have been on my guard." He places a hand on the back of his neck and rolls his head, turning to Oswyn. "Let's get set up in our rooms then go around town. Perhaps the townsfolk will have some more information for us."

He gives a look to the door to see Riki leave. Their relationship was always rough around the edge, but he silently wished her luck wherever life took her.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:54, Sun 14 Mar.

Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 53 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Sun 14 Mar 2021
at 08:35
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk eats in silence for the length of the conversion.
He finally speaks, briefly.
"So the town is suffering from two different misfortunes? Could you say they both started more or less at the same time? Maybe they are related, and solving one will help with the other."
The druid agrees with Ralgar.
"Let's speak to the townsfolk before deciding where to go."
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 25 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Tue 16 Mar 2021
at 22:16
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn nods in agreement with the plan. "I'm ready to go and see what we can find out from the towns folk."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 492 posts
Tue 16 Mar 2021
at 23:10
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The mayor nods his head "I feel like they are linked in some form but how I do not know. As for the villagers, some will be outside doing their daily tasks. I am unsure how they can aid you but feel free to talk to them. Most I know are scared and some are not warriors." He stands up, placing his hands upon the table "I feel you will need more allies then what you have come with but I could be wrong as I do not know what you are capable of. I truly hope things go for the best and if you need anything my home is in the main square. Brick building. But I can be elsewhere helping out the townspeople or here." He puts his hands slowly over his chest "I bid you good tidings." The man turns to leave "Make sure they are treated well and if anything else happens let me know. Thank you for providing meals and rooms."

The keep grunts, watching the group before looking back at the mayor "Yeah yeah. Hellsteeth..." He puts down the mug and wipes down the bar and proceeds to the tables to wipe them down "I just want me daughter back."
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 54 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Thu 18 Mar 2021
at 21:38
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nods as the mayor leaves, and keeps eating from his plate.
After a while the half orc finishes his meal and looks at the rest of the people in the table. "Let's speak to the townsfolk, and see what we can gather from that. Then we decide if we go to the castle or the woods."
The druid mentions the woods with a different tone, with an inflection in his voice that shows more concern.
Idris Bodaway
 Gnome Sorcerer, 4 posts
Fri 19 Mar 2021
at 15:45
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
As the mayor leaves, Idris steps into the inn. He pauses and looks at the assembled group. "I assume you are the group answering the call?" he begins with an upbeat inquisitive tone. "Its not often to run across those of orcish descent." He points to Ralgar, "And your type... a first. I've seen some like you back home, not quite so tall....." he recognized he was rambling. "Anyway, I am here to help answer the call for aid."
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 23 posts
Sat 20 Mar 2021
at 03:20
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar is caught mid stew-sip and gives a humph when the Gnome addresses him and the group before setting the bowl back on the table. Heh heh. My pops always said I was too big for my pants." He extends a rough hand to the Gnome. "Name's Ralgar. And yer a smart one. We 'erd this down was havin' trouble and needed to make some coin. I 'pose we could use the 'elp if Tukhirk and Oswyn here don't object." He gives nods to the other two at the table. "I don't think I caught yer name."
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 55 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Sat 20 Mar 2021
at 07:43
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
'You might be the ally the mayor said we needed. Even if he didn't know it. Tukhirk here.' he steps out of the tavern and the panther stands up and moves next to him. "And this is Trepa."
Idris Bodaway
 Gnome Sorcerer, 5 posts
Sat 20 Mar 2021
at 15:46
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Idris brushes a lock of his deep red hair out of his eyes before reaching for the Oread's hand. "Pleasure to meet you Ralgar. I am Idris. While I appreciate the compliment, I know some who may disagree with your assessment." He chuckles slightly, "But I will say I have been enjoying my time on the surface."

He turns his head up to look the panther in the eye, "Tukhirk, this Trepa is well trained I hope?" His tone makes it clear he isn't immediately comfortable with the beast. "But this mayor sounds like a very wise man. I too was told there would be allies, and here you are. Though, there was less about exactly what we are to accomplish...?"
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 24 posts
Wed 24 Mar 2021
at 03:41
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar lets out a low chuckle. "Oh, Trepa ain't cause no problems. As for the town, the mayor tells us some flying creatures have been causing a problem for them."

He then goes on to explain what the mayor told them:
- Humanoid-type creatures swoop down at night and steal away women and girls and fly off towards a castle no villager has dared approach
- There's another creature that emerges from the woods that is extremely dangerous and tears apart any that dare face it
- The inn keeper's daughter has been taken

Ralgar takes a deep breath and lets out a heavy sigh. "We've decided to get set up in our rooms before asking around town about the castle and the flying what-nots." He gives a head tilt towards the barkeep. "You should double check with him that you'll have a room and a bite to eat."
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 56 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Wed 24 Mar 2021
at 21:19
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
While Ralgar speaks Trepa approaches Tukhirk and the druid pets her. The panther looks like a regular cat in that situation (if you ignore the difference in size).
"As Ralgar says, get something to eat and find a room for you in the tavern. We can wait here, but then we should check in the folks in town about what they now... The more I think of it the more I believe we should check the beats in the forest. Maybe we can track them down to their lair."
He pets Trepa and smiles at her as he says so.
Idris Bodaway
 Gnome Sorcerer, 6 posts
Thu 25 Mar 2021
at 19:06
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"I must say, I don't think being torn apart sounds like a good use of our time. The castle seems a bit more likely to have what we are looking for. Either way, a place to hang my bag sounds great."

Idris quickly secures a room, leaving his outdoor gear behind to lighted the load. After getting a large piece of bread from the innkeep, he returns to the group. "Let's go."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:50, Fri 26 Mar.

Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 26 posts
Fri 26 Mar 2021
at 20:17
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar grunts as he stands up from the table and makes his way to an empty room and places most of his belongings in it. He meets back up with the rest of the group at the doors to the tavern. "Let's stick together going around town in case one of them flying nasties shows up."

OOC: I think the party is ready to go around town and ask about the flying creatures and the wood beast. Then we'll make an educated decision about which one to tackle first.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 57 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Sat 27 Mar 2021
at 08:26
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Agreed"
The druid looks down the street, checking for anyone they could ask about the creatures attacking the town.

OOC: I think we can all stay moving. Let's ask around and decide afterwards where to go.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 499 posts
Sat 27 Mar 2021
at 19:51
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Once everything is settled, the group goes out of the inn and proceeds towards the center of town. As they start to head down, they spot several people moving around selling their wares but as they stop they spot oddly a halfling off in the woods sitting with its back to the group slightly hidden, its back to the group.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 27 posts
Tue 30 Mar 2021
at 06:35
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar turns to the group, specifically the new addition, after seeing what he assumes to be Riki at the woods' edge. "Idris, that is our friend Riki. She's a bit hot-headed but a valuable ally." Addressing the rest of them, "We know she has a tendency for these outbursts. Should we give her some time to cool off while we ask about town? Then, maybe, welcome her back again?"
Idris Bodaway
 Gnome Sorcerer, 7 posts
Tue 30 Mar 2021
at 22:34
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"If she is your friend, you would know best."

His short legs moved quickly to keep up with the group as they walked. Thinking back to his upbringing amongst the dwarves, he offers "Perhaps the local forge would be a good place to start. It was always a central place back at the hold."

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:59, Wed 31 Mar.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 502 posts
Wed 31 Mar 2021
at 01:53
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The rogue seems to have been left behind in the inn. Sniffing, the panther starts to head into the wilderness towards the halfling and stops about 30' away. It then stares at it then moves back to the druid. And the halfling doesn't move, remaining with its back to the group through the trees about 60' away from the road barely visible. Like some unmoving statue.

People further in the main square pay little head to the group. If they saw them, no one moves towards them. Shopkeepers move about talking. Some villagers peruse the trinqits and other bits of food. Occasionally, theres a guard looking up at the sky as it starts to get cloudy but its mid-day.

OOC
Everyone can make a Perception check.

Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 28 posts
Wed 31 Mar 2021
at 02:53
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
OOC: Oswyn's last post said he's ready to go into town and ask around. If he's still in the game, I would assume he came with us.

22:49, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 6 using 1d20+2.  Perception

Ralgar is obviously distracted by Idris' suggestion to be very perceptive. "Aye. And perhaps they'd have some weaponry that would be of use to us against these creatures."
Idris Bodaway
 Gnome Sorcerer, 8 posts
Wed 31 Mar 2021
at 18:59
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Idris nods and taps his forehead with one finger, "Good thinking."

14:56, Today: Idris Bodaway rolled 11 using 1d20.  Perception.
Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 27 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Thu 1 Apr 2021
at 03:06
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn moves along with the group, quieter now, but seemingly focused on the matter at hand as they take a look around the village.


23:05, Today: Oswyn Fitzwarren rolled 25 using 1d20+7.  Perception.

Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 58 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Thu 1 Apr 2021
at 15:57
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"I hope they see us as someone that is here to help, and not as another threat."
The half orc looks intimidating with the panther by his side, but he tries to walk in a submissive position to mitigate that. He knows very well that his breed is not always appreciated.
Anyway, his senses are alert looking for anything that may be worth his attention.

16:51, Today: Tukhirk rolled 23 using 1d20+9.  Perception

Tukhirk stops and points to the woods. His eyes narrow. "What is Rikki doing there...?"
He looks suspicious so with a sign of his head the panther jumps and starts moving perpendicular to the direction the druid is pointing at. Trepa is clearly going to go around so she can attack from behind if something odd happens.
"Let's have a closer look at Rikki."
He tells the rest.

21:54, Today: Tukhirk rolled 12 using 1d20+8.  Stealth Trepa.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:01, Thu 01 Apr.

Oswyn Fitzwarren
 Human Rogue, 29 posts
 HP 20/20, AC 17
 F: 2, R: 7, W: 2
Thu 1 Apr 2021
at 22:46
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Oswyn nods at Tukhirk's words. "Yeah, I see her too...not sure what she's doing."

He moves alongside Tukhirk, a step or two behind. "Maybe you do the talking, eh? Me and her didn't part on such good terms."
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 29 posts
Thu 1 Apr 2021
at 22:58
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Concerned with Tukhirk and Oswyn's sudden trepidation, Ralgar instinctively draws his guisarme and joins by Oswyn's side. "Y'all think something happened to Riki? That's why she's out here actin' strange?" Looking back to their new Gnome companion, says in a somewhat hushed tone, "I 'pose you should stay back a little bit. Sometimes, 'er temper gets the best of 'er, and if something else is goin' on, you might not want to be near it."

As they approach, he's looking more towards the woods and not at Riki directly, trying to see if there's anyone or anything else around.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 505 posts
Sun 4 Apr 2021
at 00:43
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Slowly the group approaches somewhat scattered with the sorceror lagging behind. Closer, The group realize from behind she's naked. Her eyes seem fixated on something in front of her upon the ground. Her entire body is covered in old scars. Riki leans forwards, and looks like she has a bowl full of different color paints and has a brush. Tukhirk is the first to approach with his panther coming at her from a different angle. She seems calm but with the barbarian could be something before the storm. The brush comes up to her neck and upper body slowly and she mutters something as a line is form. Then another. Her clothes are pulled up and she stands, gathering up the paint. She turns towards the half-orc and walks up to hin, grabbing her sword. Her eyes stop on him and she stares at him, kneeling down in front of him. She takes the paint and watches him. If he leans down, his face is covered now in different greens and browns. Once everyone is gathered, she moves away not locking eyes on anyone and then she keeps her distance from everyone else.

Nothing creeps out. The forest looms around the group. Typical sounds come from within.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 60 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Wed 7 Apr 2021
at 22:06
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk sees the naked halfling leaving in silence. "I think she wants to be alone for a while. Maybe reconnecting with Nature..."
The druid does not know the barbarian well enough to know if what just happened is something Rikki would do. She seems unharmed and he'll let her be.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 31 posts
Thu 8 Apr 2021
at 02:55
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar pauses for a moment, watching the silent Riki step away from the group. He leans over to Idris and whispers. "Well, she ain't done that before." He then turns to Tukhirk. "She didn't say nothin'," he asks in a hushed tone. "I don't know how the townsfolk'll take to a naked Riki, 'specially if we're tryn'a get information from 'em. Maybe we ask if she'll hang out at the edge of town or put her clothes back on?"
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 61 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Thu 8 Apr 2021
at 06:11
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"You go and tell her. But as long as she's in the woods I don't think she'll bother the townsfolk."
He points at the direction she left.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 32 posts
Sun 11 Apr 2021
at 03:51
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Riki," he croaks out, still keeping a bit of distance from her. "Uh, I know we had a bit of a tussle back there. If you wanna come back with us in to town, that would be just fine with us. If you wanna stay out here in these woods, well that's your choice, too."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 510 posts
Thu 15 Apr 2021
at 13:02
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The barbarian sits down fully clothed and watches the group. Her eyes seem intense, and she focuses on the rogue the longest with hier eyes slowly narrowing. She stands back up, putting the sword over her shoulder. For a moment she looks out further into the forest but then turns and starts to walk towards the groupp and stops on the road.

Several people move around the area, shopping and talking to eachother. No one pays the group any attention for perhaps they haven't been seen yet. A little girl spots the barbarian and seems hesitant but slowly walks up to Riki, holding some flowers. Riki watches this odd girl approach and tilts her head.

One of the shopkeepers walks out of a open shop and spots the group, wiping his hands on its apron covered in probably some sort of baking flour.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 62 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Thu 15 Apr 2021
at 20:50
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nods as the barbarian rejoins. "We all feel safer with you by our side."
The druid looks at the shopkeeper, then at Ralgan "If we wanted to speak to some town folks, this can be a good start. I'm not the best making friends. Do you want to give it a try?"
The black panther stays by his side. The half orc can feel the chest of the animal against his legs as it breathes.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 33 posts
Thu 15 Apr 2021
at 22:49
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Chuckling, Ralgar responds to Tukhirk. "I mean, you remember what happened with the blacksmith." Tukhirk will know he's referring to when Ralgar got into an altercation with a blacksmith a few towns back over a simple matter of making some breastplate. "But hell, I'll give it a try." Ralgar spots the baker. Thinking that food should be the center of the town, he approaches. "Well, uh, hello there," he says with a small wave. "We were called here by Mayor Hawkin to deal with whatever's been pesterin' the town. You got any info," Ralgar leans to the side to look into the bakery, "or any pastries to help get us going in the right direction?"

OOC: Ralgar has a Charisma of 8 and a -1 to Diplomacy.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 512 posts
Mon 26 Apr 2021
at 13:40
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The baker gives the two of them a odd look. Apparently, the rogue and sorceror decided to go elsewhere without telling anyone. Odd. Riki looks over at the druid and fighter, and she shakes her head "I do not like him." Right to the point. She adjust the sword over her arm and she looks at the flower girl. The young girl bites her lip and goes to gently press a flower against the side of her ragged hair and clip it. Started, she backs away and the little girl takes the flowers and moves across the marketplace oftering them to others.

Crossing his hands, the baker speaks "Been a beast in the woods but no one saw them. Cept the bodies. And the flying creatures come down every night. We give them what they want and they leave us alone. Been rumors bout something in the lake. No one got hurt, just rumors."
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 63 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Mon 3 May 2021
at 21:25
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk looks silently towards the woods.
"Is it that way? And the lake is that way as well? I suggest we go have a look. the flying creatures come at night anyway."
The black panther stays by his side, licking one of her paws.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 35 posts
Mon 3 May 2021
at 21:52
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar turns to follow Tukhirk's voice looking towards the woods. He whispers to Tukhirk, perhaps a bit too loud, "This town must've pissed off a God of some sort." He turns back to the baker. "Thanks for that information. By the way, what's the best dessert ya got in there? We just 'ad a bit of food at the inn, but I always have room for something sweet."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 514 posts
Fri 7 May 2021
at 00:33
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Eyes narrowed, the baker gets close to the fighter "Best be careful. Not everyone here will take that lightly you here? I can tell your here to find out what happened and we don't want anyone to get the wrong impression alright? Some people here are very loyal and have Gods so do not act like they did something wrong. If you think I'm afraid-I am far from it. Been married for 30 years! Nothing you can do can scare me." The baker smiles at him as a apple is thrown at him from inside hitting his head. He growls and rubs the back of his head. He grabs the apple and holds it to the fighter "Best get going alright? I'll get something for you when you return you here? And that be the way through that there forest straight on through!"

With the apple thrown and Riki nearbye, she tries to hold back being all stern and focuses but she has to smile for a moment. She adjust the sword again, grumbling under her breath.

Elsewhere, the gnome after hearing about the flying creatures and the creature in the woods slowly comes up to the baker's outdoor shop. Riki turns, watching the odd man.

OOC
In walks the gnome!

Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 3 posts
Fri 7 May 2021
at 01:30
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
A gnome walked inside, his eyes exploring everything and nothing at all. He wore light metal armor and carried a shield and punch dagger, but he certainly didn't carry the cautious pad of a rogue or warrior. He studied the group with a neutral expression, and then began to give the faintest aura of an approving smile. His eyes seemed older than the rest of his face.

He spoke, his voice was infectiously friendly. It was clear that the odd fellow meant them no harm, in any event.

"I am Davmop Zompubaros, seer of the stars. Are you here to help the town as well, or did you just have a craving for some cookies?"

He multi-tasked, carefully studying the available pastries and cookies. It was hard to tell if he was looking for something tasty or studying them for some inscrutable secret of the universe.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 36 posts
Sat 8 May 2021
at 19:21
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Oh, uh," Ralgar scratches his heaad, "I didn't think you 'eard that." He reaches out and grabs the apple, rubbing it on his arm before taking a bite. With a mouth full of apple, he thanks the baker. "Thanks for the apple. We'll go work up an appetite, I 'pose."

He takes notice of the Gnome walking up and answers his inquiry. "'ello there!" Bits of apple fly out of his mouth and land on the ground near Davmop's feet. "Name's Ralgar. This here's our little crew. I'll let them introduce themselves. If you're here to help, we'd love to bring you along. Sounds like we'll need all the help we can get."
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 64 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Tue 11 May 2021
at 18:34
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
A Half orc dressed in fur and with some paint and tattoos on his body stands next to Ralgar.
"Hello fellow adventurer. My name is Tukhirk and this little guy over here in my loyal friend Trepa."
A black panther moves with grace around the half orc and purrs as he pets it.
"If you're here to help with the strange things that have been happening in town your more than welcome to join the group. We're going to need."
The half orc is welcoming and correct, but not extremely friendly or close as he speaks.
"Some creatures have been causing problems by the lake. We're heading there now."
He points at the direction they were going as an invitation to join.
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 4 posts
Sat 15 May 2021
at 22:56
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Heard what?? Oh, well, never mind.

Davmop packed up the rest of his baked goods, offering a cookie to each of his new friends. He looked over at Tukhirk before offering one to Trepa, after all, it might not agree with Trepa's digestion, plus he might lose multiple fingers.

He'd never seen a panther up close though.

"Of course I came to help!

I'm pretty good at stopping fights and I can patch up your wounds in a pinch with magic. I have a smattering of other powers."

Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 38 posts
Mon 17 May 2021
at 01:32
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Healing is what we need! Turkhirk," Ralgar has a large smile. "You remember that weird bird? Riki, you remember! We were in a rough spot." He mimes fending off an attacking creature. "Oh, ho. Davmop, if you can keep us going, we'll have a smooth time!"

He starts heading towards the door. "Tukhirk, I think you're right. It's time to get to the lake. I think the castle and woods can wait."

If the party is ready, Ralgar will lead the way to the lake.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 517 posts
Wed 19 May 2021
at 11:37
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The barbarian has been silent for some time, watching this odd gnome. Of course she isn't normal herself-small, build halfling with a big sword over her back and all dirtied-up. Her eyes narrow upon the gnome and when Ralgar speaks up and she looks up at him "Yeah. Specially when it tried to eat me." She grips the sword in her hands "Tried to eat me." She spits on the ground. The halfling gets all close to the gnome "Harm them and you will see nothing but stars. Got it?" Hard to tell if that's a threat or a promise. Or both. She steps back and goes over to the panther, slowly petting it.

They start to travel towards the lake, unsure of where to go besides getting a general direction. The woods they are travelling through seem to be well basic woods. Birds move from branch to branch. Small animal skitter about doing their daily tasks-squirrels, and others. Besides the light coming through from the small parts above, its seem dark but nothing odd.

Soon they arrive at the lake. A small boathouse is visible nearbye and no one is outside. A small boat is docked nearbye. It looks normal. Nothing coming to the surface, nothing that seems odd. Almost peaceful.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 65 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Sat 22 May 2021
at 20:35
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Once they arrive at the lake, Trepa starts moving restless. Cats don't like water and that in front of him is a big pond. Tukhirk pets the animal to calm him down.
The druid then walks quietly around the area. After a couple of minutes he kneels and starts examining the dirt in the ground, the leaves of the bushes and the barks of the trees.
"If there is something hiding here the traces left in the environment will betray it..."
The half orc looks at the party with what it could be inferred as a smile. "Noone is as stealthy as they think they are."

OOC: finding unusual tracks around the lake
21:26, Today: Tukhirk rolled 30 using 1d20+10.  Survival - tracks.
Nice roll!

Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 39 posts
Sun 23 May 2021
at 01:16
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar takes a long inhale through his nose and lets out a long exhale. "If I didn't know any better, this could be a nice place to relax." He taps his stomach. "Though I'm not one for casual swimming. How about you, Davmop?" With that, he follows Tukhirk's lead and helps him look for any signs of recent activity.

21:12, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 20 using 1d20+6.  Survival Aid
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 5 posts
Sun 23 May 2021
at 02:40
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Ha, no. I'm afraid swimming was rather frowned upon where I grew up.

Although there is one thing I might try and see if there's anything amiss...."


Davmop waved his fingers in a spellbinding pattern and intoned a few words, then carefully looked around the area, taking a deep breath to sense the sense any magical energies in the area.

Detect Magic. Round 1 - Anything around?
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 6 posts
Tue 25 May 2021
at 14:20
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Davmop sniffed a around a bit with his magical senses.

After a few moments, he spoke.

"Some of you are lightly magical, but I'm not detecting anything else.

Sorry."


He shrugged.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:29, Tue 25 May.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 518 posts
Tue 25 May 2021
at 14:59
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
After checking out the nearbye bank and area, the druid notices it looks like something came from the water, travelled up the bank to the woodlands and looks like it went back to the water. Theres blood caked on the ground but it looks old. Riki starts to check out the boathouse, pulling her big sword out and she spits on the ground. She glances out over the water trying to steer clear out of. Well she's covered in mud and dirt, probably looks like she doesn't bathe much at all.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 40 posts
Thu 27 May 2021
at 14:36
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar nods when Tukhirk points out the blood and water trail and takes a few steps back farther from the water's edge. "I'm not the most bouyant here, so if some water creature is looking for a fight, I'm bringing up on land."

Tapping one of his vials with a potion in it, he calls to Davmop. This here's about the only magical thing you'll find on me. I'm not much one for that fancy finger waving, but I've seen it have its uses." He turns and spots Riki investigating the shack and grabs Tukhirk's attention. "Let's go to the shack before Riki scares the daylights out of whoever lives there." Ralgar then begins making his way to join Riki.
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 7 posts
Thu 27 May 2021
at 14:58
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Sensible, and good to know your carrying it if things get grim."

Davmop followed as well. His new friend was.. plainly spoken. Honest and refreshing, in a way, but that might not go quite so well with the wrong kind of person. Particularly considering they were all looking for information.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 66 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Thu 27 May 2021
at 21:23
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk looks concerted as he investigates the trail "I can't think of any beast that does this... And whatever it is I'm quite sure is not friendly.
The druid looks at Trepa, his companion panther, as it sniff the blood and growls.
"This has to be what the town folks have been fearing. It would be a good idea to go around the lake to see if we find more trails. If not, we could just hide here for it to come out of the water again..."
The druid points in a direction to continue the investigation.
Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 4 posts
Fri 28 May 2021
at 00:40
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Percy stood out like a sore thumb as he walked the edge of the water. Dressed like a scholar on an adventure who had only ever read about the adventure. He had flowly clothing but it bound at the wrists and the ankles with an over tunic and a belt thick enough that it may have counted as armor. Add on to that a backpack that candle keep could envy with a midget guard owl whose primary weapon was judgmental glares.

He wasn't paying very much attention as he was looking more at the directions he had been given rather than where he was going.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 41 posts
Sun 30 May 2021
at 01:45
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Pssst...Tukhirk. You see that fella' over there?" Ralgar stopped in his tracks and pointed towards the man in the comfy looking clothes. "He looks out of place, ya think?" If Tukhirk agrees, Ralgar will lead the party over to the newcomer.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 67 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Sun 30 May 2021
at 06:11
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Hummm..." Tukhirk looked at the man with suspicious. "I don't think this tracks are his, but he could be a shapeshifter. Let's check what he's doing here."
The druid pets his companion and it immediately puts its eyes on the new man, understanding the signal.
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 8 posts
Sun 30 May 2021
at 07:39
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Davmop, being quite friendly, called out and waved.


"Hello there! Might we have a word?

Hi, I'm Davmop Zompubaros.

This area is a bit dangerous to go alone.
We've seen evidence of a dangerous beast about.

Care for a cookie?


He offered the man one, and his family a crumb.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 519 posts
Mon 31 May 2021
at 00:29
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The barbarian turns as the others find something and their attention is upon the wizard. She tilts her head, watching this man and pulls out her big sword but doesn't open the door yet. Riki moves down the side towards the druid, keeping her dirty form away from the water. Her eyes narrow on the man, holding the sword in front of herself and aimed downwards being a halfling. Yeah. Big sword. Small woman.

The boathouse remains unchecked, the water moving here and there as waves spill upon the water. Everything else seems calm. The temperature of the area is warm. The area above is broken up by bits of light through the trees and of course the large lake.
Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 5 posts
Wed 2 Jun 2021
at 02:03
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Percy looked at Davmop with his eyes moving before the rest of him. It was a "bandits?" moment at worst. "They dont pay good coin without danger I suppose. Though my hope was to find whatever it was and just pelt it from a distance."

"Not a lot in any of my books about the area though. Names Percy, you here in hopes of coin also or is this place some kind of tourist run?"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:27, Wed 02 June.

Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 9 posts
Wed 2 Jun 2021
at 03:22
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
It was readily apparent that Davmop wasn't a threat.

"I always enjoy visiting new places, Percy. but I'm here specifically to help."

He paused, and considered.



"Though of course, coin is nice, too. Hard to travel without it.

I just ran into these fine adventurers back in town on a similar bent."


How could he afford cookies without coin? You could always cast spells and tell stories of course, but that wasn't something to rely on.


"I like your owl. They look wise. Depressed looking, but wise. I suspect the two may be intertwined.

I see no pelter. I hope then, you are a spellcaster, over an underequipt archer.

I'd suggest we combine all our efforts and continue our investigation, if no-one else has any specific objection."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:56, Sun 06 June.

Riki Rizira
 Halfling Barbarian, 40 posts
 Don't Call Me SHORT!
 I'm Height Challenged!
Wed 2 Jun 2021
at 04:50
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The barbarian growls. She grips her sword and stares at the oracle. Her eyes narrow and Riki wants to say something but what is the point? Not like anyone will listen to her anyways. Plus she was ignored by the gnome and that was uncalled for. From the start something about him bothered the halfling. But now he's acting like a leader-to two friends she has known for years. After a moment she gets close to Percy, sniffing towards him. Her body is cacked with dirt and she looks up at the human. Riki steps back and looks at the oracle and wizard "Harm them, you die." Well that was to the point and she motions to the fighter and druid.
Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 6 posts
Fri 4 Jun 2021
at 04:26
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Percy, no doubt, smells of paper and ink as it is a scent that is likely in his DNA at this point. He gives the Halfling a thumbs up as he has no desire for undue violence. And now to the Gnome. "The bird just really scowls at people most of his day. I do a bit of casting but I haven't really pushed for a lot of damage, just a bit here and there."
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 42 posts
Sun 6 Jun 2021
at 03:05
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Joining Davmop by the other magic-man, Ralgar addresses the Halfling. "Riki, I don't believe he means any trouble, just as we don't either." He finishes walking up to Percy, giving a half-wave. "Hi there, Percy. M'names Ralgar. Davmop here says he can do some magic, too. Seems the more the merrier. S'posedly," he gestures towards the water, "there's some sort of something in the water that's been attacking the townsfolk. I feel we could use all the help we can get to rid this thing."

23:04, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 9 using 1d20+2.  Perception
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 10 posts
Sun 6 Jun 2021
at 03:59
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
He looked over at Riki and nodded his head.

"I really don't like harming anything, let alone people.

I will not harm your friends."


Perception

20:58, Today: Davmop Zompubaros rolled 19 using 1d20+5 ((14)).

Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 7 posts
Sun 6 Jun 2021
at 20:11
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Sounds good," He closed his book and tucked it away. "Hopefully we wont get into too much trouble."

15:00, Today: Percy A. Mesmer rolled 18 using 1d20.  perception.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 43 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 02:14
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Outside of the immediate conversation, Ralgar notices the birds stop chirping. His attention is drawn away from his companions and towards the water. He points out to what he sees. "Look out there. Do y'all see that?" He's pointing at a grouping of bubbles 60 feet out in the water. As he's pointing, the bubbles stop. "Well, I guess whatever it is doesn't like to be noticed."
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 11 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 02:25
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Davmop had already put his hand to his belt and was about to blurt out a warning as well.  "Good eyes! Yes, there was definitely movement there.

I have a few tricks that may stun it at close range, but I cannot be certain they will work on such a creature."


At least if this didn't work he'd be helpful at healing the inevitable injuries.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 68 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 06:23
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk and his animal stay quiet for most of the conversation. They seem to be looking around for something to happen.
As Ralgar points at the water the druid speaks in a paused and low voice, as trying not to raise alarm.
"It seems we're not the only one who have seen it... Don't you hear the silence? We might want to think of moving to a place where we have some advantage if attacked."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 526 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 15:28
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Riki turns, listening to them talking. She then looks over at where they saw something in the water. Not seeing it, she grips the sword.

But then something seems to form from the water! Its dark and dirty hair clings down its body. It looks horrible, sending off a wave of anger and hatrid combined with wanting everyone around it to basically throw up! It cackles and growls within its watery prison, floating amongst the lake.

OOC
Everyone make a Fort Save DC 14

Initiative!

It is 30' from the shore in the water.


https://static.wixstatic.com/m...80a2032f70ce5ac.webp
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 12 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 15:49
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Oh stars the stench!"

Davmop fought back retches as he prepared to ready his spell.

Fail fort save

18 for init.

08:46, Today: Davmop Zompubaros rolled 18 using 1d20+1 ((17)).

Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 70 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 17:57
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk bends in disgust as the stench reaches him. The panther seems to stand it though...

OOC

18:55, Today: Tukhirk rolled 14 using 1d20+4.  Initiative Trepa.

18:55, Today: Tukhirk rolled 9 using 1d20+5.  Initiative Tukhirk.

18:53, Today: Tukhirk rolled 15 using 1d20+4.  Fortitude save Trepa.

18:53, Today: Tukhirk rolled 8 using 1d20+6.  Fortitude save Tukhirk.

Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 44 posts
Wed 9 Jun 2021
at 20:15
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
16:10, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 16 using 1d20+5.  Fortitude Save
16:11, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 17 using 1d20+7.  Initiative

Ralgar manages to hold down his meal from the inn, and prepares himself. "I gotta be honest. Wasn't expecting a man of some sort to come outta the water."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 533 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2021
at 12:20
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Hissing, the creature looks at each of them and its eyes lock down upon the druid. It chitters and its eyes glow a dark red.

OOC
Tunkirk: Will Save DC 14

Group is up!
-----------------------------------------------
Creature: 23
-----------------------------------------------
Davmop:   18
Ralgar:   17
Riki:     15
Tukirk:   14
*Panther
Percy:    11
-----------------------------------------------

Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 46 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2021
at 16:16
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar looks at Tukhirk. "Resist it's gaze and stay behind me!" He rushes to the waters edge, putting himself between the creature and the party, drawing his guisarme and readying to put the creature down.

OOC: Moving 15 feet (or to water's edge, whichever comes first) while drawing weapon. Readying action to attack the creature if it comes in range (I have 10' reach)
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 14 posts
Fri 11 Jun 2021
at 17:05
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"It's out of range of my best spell." Davmop called, then invoked a holy blessing, trying to ignore the acid and bile taste in his mouth.

Cast blessing. Everyone should be in range since I go first.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 71 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Sat 12 Jun 2021
at 11:52
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk and Trepa move in a synchronised way. They both behave as part of the same pack hunting their pray.
Trepa moves diagonally to the right while the druid does the same moving left.
He takes out his sword as he moves.
At the end of their movement the three of them Tukhirk, Ralgar and Trepa are in a curved line waiting to surround the creature as it moves forward.
It's clear this is not the first time they do this.

12:44, Today: Tukhirk rolled 27 using 1d20+9.  Will save.

Move to each side of Ralgar (10 feet to each side) and ready an Attack both Trepa and Tukhirk, if the creature gets in range of one of them.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 535 posts
Sun 13 Jun 2021
at 19:43
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Davmop casts his spell, giving the group a boost.

Ralgar moves and readies himself, holding out his spear.

Riki pulls off her halfling staff and whirls it around! It fires at the creature! It flies into the upper arm and it roars!
-hits for 4 damage, sling stone

Tukirk and his panther waits upon the shore.

The wizard conjures up a spell, hoping he can get around its defenses. A magical bolt fires from his outstretched hand, hitting it! "Its a sea hag! Hard to harm with magic but its possible! It has a horrible appearance and can make people stand and do nothing! Beware!"
-Hits for 5 damage with magic missile

The sea hag rushes up through the water and charges at Ralgar! It misses its mark!
-Ralgar gets a attack roll on the Sea Hag. AC is 14 since it charged. Its 5' away


OOC
Bless: Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
2 min/level

Group is up!
-----------------------------------------------
Sea Hag: 23
AC 16
??/09
-----------------------------------------------
Davmop:   18
Ralgar:   17
Riki:     15
Tukirk:   14
*Panther
Percy:    11
-----------------------------------------------

Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 15 posts
Sun 13 Jun 2021
at 19:57
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Davmop didn't know much about Sea Hags, but he knew that any Hags were clever and vicious opponents. They'd best shut her down quickly.

He walked stood about 10 feet away from both the Hag and Ralgar, and arced his hands so that his spell wouldn't catch his party members. He probably wouldn't be able to do this as effectively once everyone piled on the creature.

Davmop incanted arcane gibberish and wove his hands until a a vibrant display of colors shot from them, forming colorful images of consolations in the air that seemed to dance and move on their own, the namesakes acting less like stars and more like the mythical creatures they were supposed to embody embody.

It was the palest imitation of what he'd seen drifting on a boat, looking up many years ago, what he'd been shown by the stars. If you were within that, it was very difficult not to do anything but contemplate it. Even from a distance, it was quite facinating.

Aim color spray so it only hits the hag. If I can't do that, then let me know and I'll do something else. Perils of not using mini's.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic...pells/c/color-spray/
DC 18 (Cha 5, level 1, dragon magic racial trait 1, spell focus 1)
Hag counts as -5HD for the purpose of defending against this spell due to Awesome Display.


Unfortunately, the thing's innate resistance to magic won out and the illusion failed to affect it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:10, Sun 13 June.

Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 48 posts
Mon 14 Jun 2021
at 02:12
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Round 1 AoO:
The hag runs toward Ralgar. As it moves closer and closer into his range, Ralgar smiles with anticipation before quickly slashing at the creature.
21:56, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 17 using 1d20+8.  AoO.
22:02, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 10 using 2d4+6.  AoO Damage
His blade strikes true, but the creature continues forward. However, Ralgar is ready and is able to deflect its attack.

With the magic users behind him, instead of backing up to make space, Ralgar shortens up his grip and takes a second swing at the creature standing face-to-face with him.
22:06, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 14 using 1d20+7+1-4.  Attack+Bless-Pole Fighting
If the hag charged, is its AC is still lowered to 14 as opposed to 16 in the turn order? If it is 14...
22:11, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 10 using 2d4+6.  Damage. If the attack hits. If not, 0 damage.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 537 posts
Mon 14 Jun 2021
at 02:32
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The barbarian drops her staff and charges at the hag! She pulls out her big sword and goes to slash at the enemy! The blade slams into the right side of the hag. It lets out a howl!

19:27, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Riki Rizira, rolled 12 using 1d10+7.  Damage.
19:26, Today: Dungeon Master, on behalf of Riki Rizira, rolled 19 using 1d20+9.  Charge-Not Raging.


The druid and the panther move in and attack the hag but their attacks miss their mark.
-DM rolled for them

Percy ducks behind a fallen log, watching and waiting.
-Goes full defensive

The hag rips into Ralgar, tearing into his flesh!
-Ralgar take 17 damage

OOC
Ralgar-You hit with both attacks
Bless: Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.
2 min/level

Group is up
-----------------------------------------------
Sea Hag: 23
AC 16
??/41
-----------------------------------------------
Davmop:   18-
Ralgar:   17-
Riki:     15-
Tukirk:   14
*Panther
Percy:    11-
-----------------------------------------------

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:14, Sun 20 June.

Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 16 posts
Sun 20 Jun 2021
at 01:31
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Davmop cursed. "My magic won't work on it! I'm afraid you'll have to kill it the old fashioned way!" He strode over to Ralgar, standing well behind him, and briefly touched him, healing his wounds as he chanted a soothing invocation of healing.

I'm going to assume I can't get an angle on the Hag, so just walk over behind Ralgar and try and heal him of the nasty shot he just took.

18:31, Today: Davmop Zompubaros rolled 3 using 1d8+2 ((1)).

Ugh!

Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 72 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Sun 20 Jun 2021
at 08:43
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk and Trepa missed their attacks as the druid was still feeling sick with the effects from the hag. His companion with water up to his belly found it hard to aim true.
Nevertheless both have been together for a long time and knew the next step.

They slowly moved around the hag to make sure that they kept an advantage and attacked the monster again.

OOC:
Sorry I thought I had posted my actions and then the week at work was crazy and never checked again!

Tukhirk and Trepa take a 5 ft step to flank the hag together with Ralgar and attack again.

Add a +2 for flanking where it applies.

09:38, Today: Tukhirk rolled 21,3 using 1d20+2,1d6.  Tukhirk attack and damage.

09:38, Today: Tukhirk rolled 11,1 using 1d20+2,1d6.  Tukhirk attack and damage, confirm crit.

09:40, Today: Tukhirk rolled 14,19,4,5 using 1d20+3,1d20+3,1d4+1,1d4+1.  Trepa two claws atk&dmg.

Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 50 posts
 11/25 hp
Sun 20 Jun 2021
at 20:29
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar lets out a yell as the hag attacks, not out of pain, but out of frustration. "This damn armor still needs tweaking!" He thanks the Gnome for the healing before trying to strike down the hag again, taking a more defensive stance.

Staying still. Continuing to use Pole Fighting (-4 attack). Using Combat Expertise (-1 attack, +1 AC)
AC: 20, Touch: 13, Flat-Footed: 17
16:26, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 16 using d20+7+1-4-1.  Attack+Bless-Pole Fighting-Combat Expertise.
16:27, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 9 using 2d4+6.  Damage
Dungeon Master
 GM, 539 posts
Sun 20 Jun 2021
at 21:13
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
With the oracle healing Ral, the warrior uses the flat end and bangs into the sea hag. It howls and hisses just as Riki's blade sinks into its back. It tries to get the blade from it but its at a odd angle and behind it. The barbarian sinks it in deeper and the hag falls to the ground looking lifeless.

Riki pulls its blade out, the sword coated in a dark blue and green color.

OOC
The hag is dead.

Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 54 posts
 11/25 hp
Tue 22 Jun 2021
at 16:59
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Breathing heavily, Ralgar shifts his shoulders. "'at's the way, Riki." He gives the hag a kick before reaching down to drag it out of the water. "I'm sure the mayor would like to hear we took care of whatever this thing is, but we should make sure there's nothing else out here before we head back."

He will keep his weapon trained on the hag while allowing someone more knowledgeable or perceptive to look over the creature.
Riki Rizira
 Halfling Barbarian, 41 posts
 Don't Call Me SHORT!
 I'm Height Challenged!
Tue 22 Jun 2021
at 17:28
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The halfling doesn't seem done. She raises the ickor colored blade straight up and brings it down upon the back of the hags neck hitting it with a solid thud and Riki ends up slicing its head off. Its head topples across the ground and lands near the oracles feet. Feeling satisifed the creature is dead, Riki sits down on a log and wipes the blade off.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 73 posts
 HP: 19/19 AC: 18
 F:6 R:4 W:9
Tue 22 Jun 2021
at 22:00
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk looks at the dead monster in the water with a subtle look of disgust.
He and Trepa take the dead body and drag it out of the water into the shore.
"Trepa, smell the monster and check if we can find if it moved somewhere in the area..."
The man checks the dead body and then starts looking for long branches. He tries to build a structure to carry it. "We should make sure this abomination does not poison the waters and the land around the lake. Can we carry it back to the village? Maybe there we can burn the body."

The panther in the meantime starts moving in circles looking for a track that can tell them where the hag was going when leaving the water.
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 18 posts
Tue 22 Jun 2021
at 23:39
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Hmm.. I'm afraid I'll be of no help carrying the thing."

I mean, it was likely the halfling was strong enough to aid them, but Davmop knew his limitations.

Instead, he focused more on the tracks where the panther was looking.

(OOC, Survival or Perception test? And is it night yet?)

This message was last edited by the player at 00:34, Wed 23 June.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 546 posts
Wed 23 Jun 2021
at 00:32
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Riki stares at the druid, putting the blade onto her back and putting her hands upon it sorta like a firemans carry. She doesn't try to help, shaking her head and she stands up. The barbarian spits at the ground, watching each of them one by one. Slowly, she heads over to the decapitated body and kneels down, dragging it further up the shore and dropping it in the woods as the druid grabs sticks. A moment later, she kicks the head over to where the body lies. Of course it bleeds upon the ground as its dragged.

As the druid checks the body, he finds nothing. Just scraps for clothing. For now all the panther finds are what the druid found before-scuff makes upon the ground leading towards the woods slightly. Same area from where the hag came out from the water.

The panther checks the area, with the oracle walking with him but they find nothing.

Walking up to the fighter, she grabs some dirt and muck from the ground and motions for him to get down to her level. She smears the dirt onto the face of Ralgar if allowed, grunts and heads ack to the small boathouse that she didn't go into as the hag made a appearance beforehand.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:44, Wed 23 June.

Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 21 posts
Mon 28 Jun 2021
at 14:19
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"It doesn't look like there's anything else here. Perhaps we should report this to the town?"


Asked Davmop to the group as he cleaned himself up.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 75 posts
 HP: 29/29 AC: 18
 F:6 R:6 W:9
Wed 30 Jun 2021
at 23:04
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
After a while Tukhirk has improvised a way to carry the dead body with branches. He sees how Rikki has moved it already far from the shore, and nods to her with gratitude.

"I'll carry the abomination somewhere else when we leave, but I think the building is still uninspected. Let's have a look."

He whispers something to Trepa and the panther starts moving around to go to the other side of the boathouse and indirect it from there.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:55, Fri 02 July.

Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 22 posts
Fri 2 Jul 2021
at 04:59
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Ah, yes, of course. Let me try again on that wound there..."

Davmop incanted a bit and cast another healing invocation to deal with that nasty wound the Hag had delivered. His first healing spell had been... inadequate.

21:57, Today: Davmop Zompubaros rolled 10 using 1d8+3 ((7)).


A quick study of his results, and he nodded.

Not perfect, but that should take the sting off it!
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 55 posts
 11/25 hp
Sun 4 Jul 2021
at 03:22
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
You can tell that, while Ralgar has seen Riki do this to others, she had not yet done it to him. He knew the procedure and quietly kneels down while trying to hide a slight look of unease. Once the ritual was done he nodded and stood back up and followed the group to the boathouse.

Ralgar accepted Davmop's second healing and sighs with relief. "Thank you much. I haven't been hit that hard in quite a while. Now let's figure out what's in here." Ralgar moves to the front of the group and takes point at the door. He listens at the door and will push it open if it seems safe.

23:21, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 4 using 1d20+3.  Perception (Oof)
Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 11 posts
Mon 5 Jul 2021
at 04:40
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Percy was quiet and soft-footed even for a bookworm. Once everyone had a look about and got a sniff at whatever they wanted to investigate Percy pulled out a crest knife of the Mesmer family. With it he bent low and removed the hand of the hag quickly and deftly.

Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs
All on a midsummer's morn
Surely we'll sing of no little thing
In Oak, and Ash, and Thorn


He was quietly singing as he worked. He let go of the hag's hand letting it spin in the air between his hands.

Yew that is old, in churchyard mould, he breedeth a mighty bow
Alder for shoes do wise men choose, and Beech for cups also
But when you have killed
And your bowl it is filled, and your shoes are clean outworn
Back you must speed for all that you need to Oak, and Ash, and Thorn


Salt was pulled from the air and ground as a vapor that begun to resurface the hand of the hag. From his side bag he pulled out a jar used to contain large alchemical components.

Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs
All on a midsummer's morn
Surely we'll sing of no little thing
In Oak, and Ash, and Thorn
Sing Oak, and Ash, and Thorn, good sirs
All on a midsummer's morn
Surely we'll sing of no little thing
In Oak, and Ash, and Thorn


Once the Hag's hand was salted to extract moisture, contained, and protected he stowed it away for later proof of the kill and to likely see if there was something to be made. Monster parts turned into grand objects in folklore after all. He was a Mesmer through and through, balls to bone, so superstition was in his blood and you give back to what you take of a Fey. As distantly related hags are to Fey they are still related and it hurt no one to give a quiet little song.

With the extraction done he twisted his fingers again to give his eyes the ability to see magic and gave another look to see if he couldn't back Ralgar up with some kind of information. There was also a dancing lights spell on offer if he Ralgar needed light.

Excessive use of prestidigitation

This message was last edited by the player at 14:18, Mon 05 July.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 553 posts
Mon 5 Jul 2021
at 09:00
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
While Percy is working on the hag, Riki seems focused and not hearing Percy's rhyme, opens the doorway flanked by Ralgar. The smell is horrid as the door is opened. The barbarian winces and her eyes open wide. Ralgar probably looks into the room and she raises her sword up blocking Tunkirk and Dav for a moment. Inside the room are several dead bodies all lumped together. Some have their arms, legs and heads lying on a table. Bits and pieces hang from girders above. It looks horrible. The stench just reaks out from the small boathouse.

OOC
Everyone but not Percy as he isn't near the boathouse: DC 15 Fort save

Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 56 posts
 21/25 hp
Mon 5 Jul 2021
at 15:36
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar takes a step back at the physical repulsion from the stench.

11:35, Today: Ralgar Vandadin rolled 13 using 1d20+5.  Fortitude.

"This might by the hag's food storage," he says through gagging sounds.
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 23 posts
Mon 5 Jul 2021
at 17:14
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Oh! Yes. I believe you are correct. Stars, that's foul!"

He'd already wretched most of his breakfast in the earlier encounter with the hag, and his mostly empty stomach was able to withstand the fetid stench.

"09:59, Today: Davmop Zompubaros rolled 22 using 1d20+3.  Fort Save."

He forced himself to look inside, his normally irrepressible positive nature shattered by what he saw. He visibly paled.

"Those poor, innocent people!"

He removed his cap out of respect and began intoning various brief prayers to the Gods, hoping that their souls would be at peace, even if their ends had been horrific.
He had no knowledge of what they'd been in life, but they'd deserved a better end than this.

"I think perhaps we should report this to the town. Unless we are to separate the bodies ourselves?

His body language made it very clear he REALLY didn't want to do this, but felt duty-bound to offer.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:23, Mon 05 July.

Riki Rizira
 Halfling Barbarian, 42 posts
 Don't Call Me SHORT!
 I'm Height Challenged!
Mon 5 Jul 2021
at 17:40
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Putting her hand over her mouth, the barbarian stares at the dead bodies. She goes to close the door and goes down the plank to the ground and sits down. Putting her hands over her legs sitting crosslegged, her eyes close and she seems to be looking at the ground. The halfling speaks quietly.
Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 16 posts
Mon 5 Jul 2021
at 18:59
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Percy took a moment to write something in a book far too thick to be a spellbook. "If our druid friend here can talk to animals we may get access to her treasures. Green hags are very distantly related to fey so they tend to collect what they can. It will take a bass or carp to fetch their stuff."

"But we also gotta be careful. If there is one, then there are very often two more someplace near, not always but often."
He made sure he was nowhere close to the water.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 77 posts
 HP: 32/32 AC: 18
 F:6 R:6 W:9
Thu 8 Jul 2021
at 06:19
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk gets closer to the building to inspect it. The smell becomes apparent when he's still a few steps from the door. He recognises it immediately, the smell of the area where an animal picks to eat their prey. He's used to it.

07:09, Today: Tukhirk rolled 27 using 1d20+7.  Fortitude save

What he's not used to is the view. It's not dead animals what is rotting in here, but human bodies.

"We have to inform the town that here is the people that has been missing. It won't be good news, but it will give them closure and the opportunity to bury them properly..."

The druid looks at the odd wizard. "Are there more?"

Trepa is roaming around at the other side of the building, keeping an eye.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 58 posts
 21/25 hp (18/22 hp)
 2 Con damage
Sat 10 Jul 2021
at 19:35
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Through a covered mouth, Ralgar agrees that they should secure the area then bring a higher-up from town to see if they can identify any of the bodies.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 559 posts
Sat 10 Jul 2021
at 23:54
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The barbarian opens her eyes and stares at the wizard. Her eyes narrow and she stands up, moving towards him and dragging her blade. She stands in front of him, curious. Riki hoists the blade up and glances at the druid "Trepa stay. We go to town?" The blade rests upon her back and she walks over to a log and sits down. Riki and water is probably a bad idea. She likes being muddy and she just met Percy "Ask the mayor. Deaths has response." The druid and the warrior knows some of what she does but how she deals with the dead remains to be unknown. Its her past she kept a secret, and the druid and the fighter were accepted-the whole 'painting of their faces' part of it. No one knows of her past, and she doesn't reveal it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:14, Fri 16 July.

Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 17 posts
Fri 16 Jul 2021
at 02:28
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Percy kept his hands in some easy position so she could see them. "Worst case there are two more so we come back at night fall or some other time they hunt. Best case she was running solo and we can, later, come back to find her stuff. I am all about that more treasure life, Sorry boss."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:51, Fri 16 July.

Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 79 posts
 HP: 32/32 AC: 18
 F:6 R:6 W:9
Sun 18 Jul 2021
at 12:16
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nods. "Let's go back to town and inform the mayor. I'll ask tries to stay put here and one we come back she can tell me if there are more creatures like this one we just killed."

The druid makes a sound and the panther Congress by his side. He whispers something at the beast and it leaves and climbs a nearby tree, hiding on top of it.

"We can leave now, Trepa will look if something else comes out in this area, but it won't engage. We can later track them down."
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 60 posts
 21/25 hp (18/22 hp)
 2 Con damage
Mon 19 Jul 2021
at 03:42
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"I swear, the damn panther is smarter than me, sometimes. Let's get going. We should be back here before nightfall." Ralgar agrees to leave at once and leads the way back to town, looking for the Mayor first.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 567 posts
Tue 20 Jul 2021
at 23:38
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Leaving the panther behind, they find the mayor in the square talking to a few others. Riki glances at the others, holding her sword and starts to move towards them. Glancing over, the mayor crosses his arms "Things going alright? Was the beast stopped? So much to do. I wish I had more to off..." The blacksmith approaches and whispers something to the man who nods as well as several others. He pauses and goes up to the group "The smith can give you something so just ask. And you have my thanks-free board as I mentioned." He looks crestfallen and sad "We had a mage but he left some time ago. Been ages. I can unlock his abode? Anything inside you may have. He left with a decent amount but never know."
Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 19 posts
Wed 21 Jul 2021
at 18:11
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Percy closes a book with a snap. "Why just unlock it? If this mage had a lab I could absolutely make use of it. Perhaps even establish a connection to other loremasters around the world." He nodded once, "Every good town needs a good mage but you'll have to make do with me."

"So, care to sponsor a new mage for your town? I may have to do a fair bit of fieldwork so the odd things like research of elder curses would be slow but given enough time I'd hopefully have scrolls, potions, and casting services for you."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:14, Fri 23 July.

Mayor Hawkin
 NPC, 6 posts
Sun 25 Jul 2021
at 00:04
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The mage watches the newcomer "Of course if you want to look inside but much was taken with him and I don't believe there was a lab. Elder curses? What are you talking about? And I have been to other villages and towns that seem to be doing just fine without a mage. Not saying having you live here would be a burden. Just a obvservation." He seems to be rather taken back by Percy's up front approached and by stating 'we'll have to make do with me' seems to be a hindrance to a degree "Like I said, anything of value he probably took with him. And we have little money so that sounds like you need funding. We're just a small village..." He sighs "We do have a healer but not here. Comes in and helps out but doesn't stay long. Been some time. So much to do so much..flying creatures. Something in the woods. It just keeps getting worse I say...."
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 80 posts
 HP: 32/32 AC: 18
 F:6 R:6 W:9
Sun 25 Jul 2021
at 08:16
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk explains the mayor about the dead aberration and the dead bodies in the building by the lake. "You should recover the bodies by the lake. It will not be nice, but those people deserve some rest. We can go with you in case you feel is still unsafe..."

The druid heard about the smith and the mage. "That will be a nice motivation for my colleagues. I'm very fond of covering my body with iron or steel, and the magic I do little has to do with the one a wizard does. But I'll stick with my team wherever that decide."
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 61 posts
 21/25 hp (18/22 hp)
 2 Con damage
Sun 25 Jul 2021
at 20:55
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Hearing about the offer, Ralgar nods in appreciation at the blacksmith. "I'll be visiting you tomorrow to get this armor tweaked." When Tukhirk mentions retrieving the bodies, Ralgar agrees. "Yeah, we can't leave those people there to rot. They need a proper burial. We'll lead the way."
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 26 posts
Mon 26 Jul 2021
at 04:54
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"I'm a bit of a night hawk, and this is an important task. I will help, though I'm afraid I won't be able to carry much.

I will certainly aid you all with what magic I can muster. At the least though, I can keep an eye out."


Under normal circumstances, Davmop would be quite happy to enjoy an evening with the stars above, clearly visible. He'd felt a greater connection recently as he'd travelled.

Of course, their duty was quite grim, and it was hard not to put one's mind on the horrific sights they had seen earlier... and the stench. The idea of fighting unknown flying enemies at night didn't exactly fill him with confidence.

But that was the job of an adventurer and hero: to face unknown dangers.
Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 22 posts
Wed 28 Jul 2021
at 23:46
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"Right, just keep in mind I am looking for a building to set up shop. And the place a mage once set up shop could help, so if it goes up for sale I want to try for it." And having a dry place for books would be nice. He was otherwise content to let the others lead the conversation of what was done and how.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 569 posts
Thu 29 Jul 2021
at 23:28
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The mayor just stares at Percy, seeming to be stunned. Free room and bored, anything in the mages house and he wants more? His eyes narrow for a moment "Free this place and it will be discused. You can enter the home but it belongs to the village. Stay there if you wish." He tries to make a point.

Riki looks up at the fighter "Burn them. I can put them at peace. Let me." Its hard to tell if its a order or if she is asking. But she has a odd look, almost pleading. A side of her very few see except perhaps the druid. Amazonian ways.

Kneeling down, the mayor watches the barbarian. He glances up at the others "Burn them? I...do not know. The others will want to see them. I just don't know. If you feel it is best..." Saddened, he stands back up "We'll gather up some villagers and will go to the lake. We need to put them to rest." He pauses "Thank you for freeing the island of the beast."

The blacksmith nods his head "Eh alright. You want tah check my shop case something peeks up yer mind?" He seems to want to help. Its starting to get dark.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 62 posts
 21/25 hp (18/22 hp)
 2 Con damage
Fri 30 Jul 2021
at 14:25
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Shaking his head, he responds to the Barbarian. "Riki, these are their people. We have to respect how they would want to put their dead to rest." He's stern, but not dismissive. Ralgar looks up at the darkening sky. "Your shop will definitely have to wait for tomorra', blacksmith. It's gettin' late and I know traveling at night ain't the safest, 'specially if we got townsfolk with us." He turns to address the mayor. "Maybe we just bring one or two of ya with us who may be able to identify the most people. We gotta be gettin' back there anyway, what with Trepa still keeping watch," he adds, turning to Tukhirk.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 570 posts
Fri 30 Jul 2021
at 15:10
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"You know nothing of my customs." The barbarian stares at the fighter "Never asked." She spits onto the ground at warriors feet "Do what you want. I will have no part in it." Stubborn as a mule but she has customs.

Seeing how the two of them slightly argue, the mayor furrows his brow "We will bury them if the others wish. Burn the ones that wish of it. But with the fire may bring the flying creatures back and that I cannot allow. Losing more people...." He leans against a building post "I do not want them to suffer but waiting till morning may be the best bet with the monster roaming the wilderness and the creatures from the sky..." Its a lot of pressue upon the mayor.

Riki moves away, sitting down cross legged with her sword on her lap. Her eyes are closed.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 81 posts
 HP: 32/32 AC: 18
 F:6 R:6 W:9
Sat 31 Jul 2021
at 07:24
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nods. "Burn them or bury them. Your rites are your business, whatever way you return your bodies to the earth is your decision."

The druid agrees with Ralgar. "Let's take a small group back to identify the victims and check if Trepa has seen anything."
Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 23 posts
Sat 31 Jul 2021
at 21:42
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Percy was still content to let the others work with the quest taker. He was always hungry for more but more humble heads would do better.

He nodded once and looked at the Barbarian. "Right, care for some beer in a bit? You can tell me more about yourself and traditions so I don't piss you off more... I have no doubt you hit hard and I won't survive much violence from you."
Riki Rizira
 Halfling Barbarian, 44 posts
 Don't Call Me SHORT!
 I'm Height Challenged!
Sat 31 Jul 2021
at 22:04
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The barbarian moves away and stops as the wizard talks to her. She turns, eyes narrowed just as his familiar flies off his shoulder and lands on hers. Riki looks at the odd creature and pets it lightly before it takes off flying around the area and then stops on a treebranch. She doesn't answer him but she doesn't say no either. Simply, she waits to see who is going and who is staying if anyone. Its hard to tell if she feels insulted or whatnot.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 82 posts
 HP: 32/32 AC: 18
 F:6 R:6 W:9
Tue 3 Aug 2021
at 18:13
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk nods. "I'll join you as well, Riki."

The half orc druid walks until he's next to the wizard. "You lead. I'll check on Trepa later."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 572 posts
Fri 6 Aug 2021
at 14:25
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The mayor as well as several others go to the boathouse. Those with stronger stomaches enter and pull out most of the remains. Lowering his head, the mayor seems to be crying but controls it. There's really no way to idenfity the ones that have no faces but he lets the villages here know some have not been found, that they can have faith that some may have survived. Others mourn their deaths as they are carted back to town. Riki just watches from a distance, no emotion. Trepa goes to stand by the druid as the others seem to provide healing words to them. It starts to get dark out and the moon begins to show its face as the group gets back to the village. The remains are taken to the graveyard and watched but not buried yet with all that has happened. Some of the villagers argue with the mayor, telling them to have tbe buriel despite what has happened to the village but the Mayor lets them know with some others here its too dangerous to be out at night and they know the reason. Everyone starts to head back to their homes, not alone.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 64 posts
 21/25 hp (18/22 hp)
 2 Con damage
Sat 7 Aug 2021
at 17:53
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar gives a moment of silence to the victims of the hag and is grateful that the journey to and from the boathouse was uneventful. He then turns to the group. "I 'pose there's nothing much else we can do tonight. I know the mayor spoke about some flying creature, but I think we should get a night's rest and figure out if we're going back to the lake tomorrow."

If the group agrees, Ralgar will lead the way back to the inn, grabbing a mug of ale on his way up to his room.
Tukhirk
 Half-Orc Druid, 84 posts
 HP: 32/32 AC: 18
 F:6 R:6 W:9
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 14:13
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Tukhirk pets Trepa as the beast silently moves back to his side. The druid looks in silence how the remains are recovered and moved to a better area. As the boathouse is emptied, the druid moves around the house, grabbing some dirt. After some words the half orc throws it back. He repeats this scene a few times. Once he's done, he walks towards Ralgar.

"Let's go back to the inn. We can eat and rest tonight and check on the other threats tomorrow."

The panther starts by the side of the druid, disturbingly silent.
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 28 posts
Sun 8 Aug 2021
at 17:08
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"I wouldn't mind a nap. I feel that I couldn't eat anything though, to be honest. That was a bit disturbing."

Davmop had said many brief prayers to every good god he could think of for the souls of the departed, hoping that their rewards would be good and just.

Of course, he said those prayers quietly, not in earshot of the townsfolk as they walked back.

As an oracle, while he was comforted in his faith in an afterlife, that comfort was cold after a loved one was lost to some tragedy... particularly when delivered by some stranger. In such a small community, no doubt the loss would be keenly felt by all.
Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 24 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 03:55
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
"At least try some hardtack crackers. It will keep your stomach settled for the morning." He tapped on his book and gave the graves a once over with Detect magic just to make extra sure there wasn't some kind of normal lingering curse to animate the dead of a lost hag's meal.

He wasn't much of a drinker at the Inn. Even if high-proof liquors did make for good ink. He just needed a fire and a chair to fall asleep in a book.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 576 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 12:01
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
There seems to be nothing of magical origin from the graves as the group heads back to the inn. For a moment Riki pauses and looks up, eyes narrowed. Perhaps she's a bit jumpy or wants to fight but hard to tell. Once inside, Ralgar gets his ale and goes to his room. The barbarian sits near the far wall, ale in her hand and stares at it. The druid enters and sits down by the fire with his panther as well as the wizard and oracle. Riki just remains distant. The keep and waitress bring them some soup, bread and water as well. Some vegatables are brought out as well. All the lights are dimmed, the fire casting out a eery light from the fireplace. The keep goes to each table and wipes it up after sending the waitress away. She seems hesitant and he nods "Pick a room and spend the night here." She nods and hurries up the steps, soon a door is closed.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 66 posts
 21/25 hp (18/22 hp)
 2 Con damage
Sun 15 Aug 2021
at 13:57
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Alone in his room, Ralgar sips on his ale, an unusual drinking pace for him. Pulling a chair up to the table, he pours his coin purse out and counts his gold. Slowly and deliberately, he counts the coins, setting aside every fourth gold piece, occasionally taking a drink. When all the coins have been sorted, he pushes the chair back and leans back, mug in hand, and sighs. "Ah, there's never enough." He looks to the ceiling and raises his mug. "Maybe in the next day or so I'll be able to send ya something." He finishes his ale. "Hang in there."

He puts his coins away and turns in for the night.
Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 25 posts
Tue 17 Aug 2021
at 03:00
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Percy nodded and headed up to his room. Doing his best to work on a set of new spells. That was the burden of a loremaster, ink stain on the fingers and words burned well into their minds. He was a far way off from being as good as he wanted to be, but all things in their due time.

He would fall asleep in his books.
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 30 posts
Tue 17 Aug 2021
at 04:47
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Davmop tried to keep down a few crackers, munching them contentedly as he watched the stares with a degree of longing and understanding he hadn't felt in some time.

It was as if things were getting clearer.

He lay back on the bed and looked outward, unaware as he fell into sleep and his mind began replacing the sky with weird prophetic visions that he would not be able to remember in the morning....
Dungeon Master
 GM, 580 posts
Mon 23 Aug 2021
at 02:16
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
The druid makes sure Riki is already but she remains silent and sipping her ale. She glances at him as the panther decides to sit by her. Tukhirk turns in for the night leaving the barbarian alone lost in her thoughts. The barkeep turns in as well and shuts the door into the back of the inn probably leading to his home but no one went in there yet.

Time passes by....

OOC
Make a Perception Check

Percy A. Mesmer
 Human Wizard, 26 posts
Mon 23 Aug 2021
at 02:53
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Percy was a deep sleep, given that he was a member of the Mesmer family. This night he was so well in tune with his things that the twist of ink in his fingers moved like a spider web of information to his dreaming mind!


21:51, Today: Percy A. Mesmer rolled 20 using 1d20.  Perception.
 Finally, I roll a 20.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 581 posts
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 14:03
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
A few hours pass but then screaming can be heard from outside! Everyone wakes up but not Ralgar. Night covers the area and the only light comes from the moon above. No one knows where the scream came from and everyone is in their individual rooms. Even the inn is full of darkness. Its hard to tell if its natural or not.
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 32 posts
Tue 24 Aug 2021
at 14:47
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Davmop quickly uttered the words of a light spell: between that and his Gnomish heritage, he should be able to see fairly well in the dark, unless the darkness was magical in nature: at least this would reveal that.
Ralgar Vandadin
 Oread Fighter, 68 posts
 21/25 hp (18/22 hp)
 2 Con damage
Tue 31 Aug 2021
at 02:56
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Ralgar stirs slightly at the scream, but the ale must be more potent than he's used to, and he continues sleeping soundly.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 584 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 12:46
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Dav's spell lights up the room. Ralger remains asleep. The keep moves out into the main area and looks around not spotting anyone, then opens the door, holding what looks like a meat cleaver. He glances outside within eyeshot from Dav's room if he looks down. He goes upstairs and knocks on several doors.
Davmop Zompubaros
 Gnome Oracle, 33 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 14:17
(IC) Nodnol: The Story Begins
Once the light spell was up, Davmop cast detect magic in case this was something he could detect with it.

Two of the rooms registered as radiating magic, so Davmop began heading towards the party rooms to make sure his new friends were ok.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:19, Thu 02 Sept.