RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to The End of History (A PbtA Dying Earth Game)

19:19, 27th February 2024 (GMT+0)

IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS.

Posted by The GMFor group 0
The GM
GM, 163 posts
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 16:45
  • msg #1

IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS


The strip of green turns out to grow along the sides of a small, shallow, slow stream.

Hippodiles and jellyflies come and go... but they all now instinctively avoid coming within a few dozen feet of The Duke, so pose no problem.

The stream meanders slowly, very slowly, uphill... And so The Lady and The Duke move upstream...

After a few hours, though, they see a different kind of plantlife... a tree, its crown thick with foliage... and vaguely chartreuse fruits...
The Lady
player, 68 posts
Lost Goddess of Luck
3 Exp Point; 0 Attention
Sun 19 Jul 2020
at 04:00
  • msg #2

IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

The Lady was intrigued, as she piloted the Walker through the verdant belt ... following the stream.
She'd never seen a 'stream meander slowly uphill', but anything was possible in this world of today.

When they come into sight of the heavily foliage ahead, she looked at the tree.
It was the first tree they'd seen in the verdant belt; everything else had been shrubs and grass and so on.

Drawing the Walker to a halt nearby, The Lady cautiously opened the Walkers hatch, and climbed out for a better look.
The Duke
player, 101 posts
Mad
Sun 19 Jul 2020
at 09:53
  • msg #3

IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

To the Duke all was new. He never had seen a stream so it flowing up made complete sense. All the green was weird but it was also nice to see. And when they reach the tree and the Lady decides to stop the Duke hops out and looks around most interested in the fruits he meanders over.

"Look more food. Who knew these green lands where having wild food all around"
The Lady
player, 69 posts
Lost Goddess of Luck
3 Exp Point; 0 Attention
Sun 19 Jul 2020
at 10:04
  • msg #4

IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

The Lady smiled at her companion.   "It truly is a very different place than inside the Zigg, isn't it, Duke?"

But her eyes were scanning and exploring the nearby environment, looking for any signs of intelligent life.
            - rolled 7 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 3,3.  Insightful.
The GM
GM, 167 posts
Sun 19 Jul 2020
at 16:54
  • msg #5

Re: IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

The Lady:
The Lady smiled at her companion.   "It truly is a very different place than inside the Zigg, isn't it, Duke?"

But her eyes were scanning and exploring the nearby environment, looking for any signs of intelligent life.
            - rolled 7 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 3,3.  Insightful.


The Lady sees no intelligent life around... But the tree itself keeps drawing her eye... there's something about it... But no, she can't quite put her finger on what...
The Lady
player, 70 posts
Lost Goddess of Luck
3 Exp Point; 0 Attention
Sun 19 Jul 2020
at 22:36
  • msg #6

Re: IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

The Lady knew that they were looking for intelligent plant life.
She looked the tree, specifically, for signs of sentience.
The Duke
player, 104 posts
Mad
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 09:08
  • msg #7

Re: IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

As the Lady looks at the tree the Duke makes his way over and goes for the fruits taking the first he can reach and smelling it. And if it does not give off a repulsive smell taking a giant bite out of it.
The GM
GM, 168 posts
Tue 21 Jul 2020
at 14:36
  • msg #8

Re: IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

The Duke:
As the Lady looks at the tree the Duke makes his way over and goes for the fruits taking the first he can reach and smelling it. And if it does not give off a repulsive smell taking a giant bite out of it.


The fruit is delicious, like lemon, pear, durian, starfruit, plum, and with little hints of both kiwi and bacon.

But picking it seems to wake the tree up. "...Eh? ...Hello...?" it says. It stirs a bit, and turns to face The Duke and The Lady.

There are knotholes that might be eyes and a mouth, and leafless branches that might be arms...?
The Lady
player, 72 posts
Lost Goddess of Luck
3 Exp Point; 0 Attention
Wed 22 Jul 2020
at 03:24
  • msg #9

Re: IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

The Lady smiles, warmly, and bows slightly, "Greetings, friend", she said,  "We regret bothering you, but seek assistance ... and you seem the only sapient being bar ourselves available.

We are looking to find one named Juniper.   May I beg, would you know of such a person?
"
The Duke
player, 106 posts
Mad
Wed 22 Jul 2020
at 09:55
  • msg #10

Re: IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

When the tree turns out to be more then it seemed it was only the fact that the Duke was stuffing the fruit into his mouth with two hands that kept him from instantly smashing the thing to bits. Foers didn't flag it as a friend so as he quickly gobbles down the delicious fruit to get his hands free it is the Lady that stops him from attacking but its dead obvious he is waiting for the first opportunity to explode into violence.
The GM
GM, 171 posts
Wed 22 Jul 2020
at 15:45
  • msg #11

Re: IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

The Duke:
When the tree turns out to be more then it seemed it was only the fact that the Duke was stuffing the fruit into his mouth with two hands that kept him from instantly smashing the thing to bits. Foers didn't flag it as a friend so as he quickly gobbles down the delicious fruit to get his hands free it is the Lady that stops him from attacking but its dead obvious he is waiting for the first opportunity to explode into violence.


"I... am Juniper..." says the tree.

Foers puts the tree on Do-Not-Attack status, at least for now...
The Lady
player, 73 posts
Lost Goddess of Luck
3 Exp Point; 0 Attention
Thu 23 Jul 2020
at 08:43
  • msg #12

Re: IN-GAME THREAD: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

The Lady gave a bow of her head in respect,  "Then it is you we seek, good sir".
She placed a gentle hand on her companion's arm, "We come to ask your wisdom on how to find a structure ... a colony ... of humans referred to as 'the Cloister'.  We were led to believe that you had information that could aid us, and might be willing to share".

She gently reached into her pocket, and pulled out the little bag of 'food' that the old witch had given she and The Duke, and offered it towards the treeman, "We offer this gift, in exchange for hospitality and guidance".

I made this roll yesterday, but forgot to add it to the last post I made ... so here it is:
- rolled 7 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 3,3.  Charming.

Sign In