LEAVING THE THREE TRIBES...   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
Ajakstu Gul
 player, 134 posts
 Sometimes-Lucky Rogue
 XP: 0 || Health: full
Wed 24 Nov 2021
at 02:10
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Ajakstu doffs his cap towards The Duke with as much of a flourish as he can muster.

"My minimal pondering on the situation makes me almost certain that we have no means of tending to our wounds. No leeches. No salves. No balms. No unguents.While I have always been one to rely on fortune and my wits, it is astounding that those who sent you out from the Ziggurat did so with such meager provisions."
Alyn Reed
 player, 139 posts
 Psion
 XP: 5 || Hp: 5/6 Str: 5/6
Wed 24 Nov 2021
at 05:34
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Alyn sighed with relief.

"I'm glad that is over!" he said as he rubbed a burn wound on his arm.

He turned to Vult.

"We're human enough when it counts, anyway." he said to Vult with a wink.

He looks around.

"This obviously used to be a more automated type of robot titan thing whatever it is. But it seems there's still some residual energy and automation active." he said.

"If we can find a terminal, I might be able to telepathically interface with it or something. Don't ask me how it works...it just does. I mean I was able to communicate with a plant before after all!" he said, honestly unsure how the hell his powers fully worked just was grateful they did.

"So everyone, keep an eye out for a terminal or something."
The Duke
 player, 294 posts
 Mad
 XP: 7/10 HP: Full health
Wed 24 Nov 2021
at 08:50
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
The Duke was rubbing a series of wounds and gave a kick to some sparking piece of killed machinery just to show it he was not pleased at all.

"If there is more i tear this whole thing into little strips of tinfoil."

And for good measure he slams his destructor fist into a wall and rips some more panelling away. He was moody indeed from getting singed by the unfriendly titan.
Ajakstu Gul
 player, 135 posts
 Sometimes-Lucky Rogue
 XP: 0 || Health: full
Wed 24 Nov 2021
at 13:25
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Ajakstu walks the perimeter of the room looking for a terminal, elevator, stairs, or best of all, first aid kit. It seems he can't decide which leg to favor.
The GM
 GM, 453 posts
Wed 24 Nov 2021
at 17:44
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Ajakstu Gul:
Ajakstu walks the perimeter of the room looking for a terminal, elevator, stairs, or best of all, first aid kit. It seems he can't decide which leg to favor.


(Insightful roll, please, Ajakstu...)
Ajakstu Gul
 player, 136 posts
 Sometimes-Lucky Rogue
 XP: 0 || Health: full
Wed 24 Nov 2021
at 18:37
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
"Nothing like pain to sharpen the senses!" Ajakstu declares, as he points to what he has discovered.

oday: Ajakstu Gul rolled 11 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 4,6.  Insightful.
The GM
 GM, 454 posts
Wed 24 Nov 2021
at 18:45
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Ajakstu Gul:
"Nothing like pain to sharpen the senses!" Ajakstu declares, as he points to what he has discovered.

oday: Ajakstu Gul rolled 11 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 4,6.  Insightful.


Ajakstu discovers stairs leading upward, but set into the wall near them is a touchscreen. It was hard to notice at first because it wasn't lit up, but Rake flew to it and crawled on it and it lit up and activated...

(Anyone may try an Insightful roll to attempt to interact with the touchscreen... But the first person who does so, if you get a 6 or lower on your roll, that's it as far as anyone attempting to interact with this touchscreen)
Ajakstu Gul
 player, 139 posts
 Sometimes-Lucky Rogue
 XP: 0 || Health: full
Thu 25 Nov 2021
at 18:09
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
--LUCK
When you want to try to get the universe to give you a really lucky break, roll + your Weird modifier.

10 or higher: the laws of probability are insanely twisted in your favor.
7-9: The laws of probability are slightly twisted in your favor, but there's a little bad luck that comes with it, too.
6 or less: the universe feels like you don't deserve a break on this one. Your luck gets worse.

13:04, Today: Ajakstu Gul rolled 8 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,6.


13:07, Today: Ajakstu Gul rolled 10 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 3,6.  Insightful.

Waiting on aid roll, but...


"Who is better than me?" Ajakstu exclaims. "That;s right, Rake! NO ONE!"
The GM
 GM, 455 posts
Sat 27 Nov 2021
at 19:43
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Ajakstu Gul:
--LUCK
When you want to try to get the universe to give you a really lucky break, roll + your Weird modifier.

10 or higher: the laws of probability are insanely twisted in your favor.
7-9: The laws of probability are slightly twisted in your favor, but there's a little bad luck that comes with it, too.
6 or less: the universe feels like you don't deserve a break on this one. Your luck gets worse.

13:04, Today: Ajakstu Gul rolled 8 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,6.


13:07, Today: Ajakstu Gul rolled 10 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 3,6.  Insightful.

Waiting on aid roll, but...


"Who is better than me?" Ajakstu exclaims. "That;s right, Rake! NO ONE!"


(The universe twists itself to help Ajakstu out a little extra, but he gets a little bad luck, too-- -1 on Ajakstu's next roll.

Also, in the future when using your LUCK ability, don't roll both rolls-- just the Luck. You're gonna drive the Universe nuts if you keep trying to just fix things with Luck AND THEN ALSO trying to be competent. You're sending the universe mixed messages, and it'll bite you in the tail if you keep it up.)


The touchscreen comes up with a message-- letters from a language Ajakstu (and the others) can understand!

M__I_A_ _O__W___E_ _AI_ _E__
__W _A_ _ _E__ _O_ T____?

BUT THEN the letters on the screen sort of shudder and flash rapidly for a second, and when it stops doing that, it seems to have pulled it together even more in a fit of usefulness:

MIL_TARY DOOMW_LKER _AIN _ENU
H_W M_Y I __LP __U T_DAY?

Ajakstu Gul
 player, 141 posts
 Sometimes-Lucky Rogue
 XP: 0 || Health: full
Sat 27 Nov 2021
at 22:21
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
"Well, I'm in," Ajakstu says, looking up at the others.

"So why are we here again? I mean, it's not like this thing is going to be easy to restore to full doomwalking."

He furrowed his brow and tried to remember the exact treasure that was to be found here.

(Got it, pause between rolls.)
Alyn Reed
 player, 143 posts
 Psion
 XP: 5 || Hp: 5/6 Str: 5/6
Sun 28 Nov 2021
at 07:24
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Alyn grinned.

"Hmmm...actually, back where I'm from it's every young boy's daydream to have their own giant robot as a form of transportation! I mean don't get me wrong my psiwalker is cool as hell, but this thing takes the cake. Especially if he could make it a psi-doomwalker that responded to my mental commands." he said with a grin and a chuckle.

"Hmmm..." he said as he looked at the screen. "I do say it's actually trying to say 'MILITARY DOOMWALKER MAIN MENU HOW MAY I HELP YOU TODAY?' is I do say so myself..." he said as he looked at the screen,

He turned to Jak.

"We're mostly here to check the place out, and if there's treasure for us or cool gear or something then great but also...anything interesting we can learn about the place too would be a good find. I want to know why that Seventh seeker was interested in this place. They were talking about some conspiracy and military codes and such before...there were two signals when I was talking to the seeker."

He turned back to the screen.

"I wonder if we can learn more about how this works. But don't you guys forget...there's something living inside here that isn't us." he muttered as he considered and tapped the screen a bit to see if he could type a command.

If possible, Alyn types the following: QUERY - Display Main query Command Prompts
The Duke
 player, 296 posts
 Mad
 XP: 7/10 HP: Full health
Sun 28 Nov 2021
at 09:32
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
The Duke starts to show signs of being bored by this place already and sits down somewhere with some food from the cooler.

"Maybe it knows where the cloister is. And do we want those robots that where so unfriendly to find this and use it to be mean to everyone?"
Ajakstu Gul
 player, 142 posts
 Sometimes-Lucky Rogue
 XP: 0 || Health: full
Sun 28 Nov 2021
at 14:01
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
"So definitely an internal scan for life forms, and an inventory of it's foodstuffs and portable gear."

Ajakstu turns to The Duke. "I suspect there will be no gourmet foods or exotic liquers."
The GM
 GM, 456 posts
Sun 28 Nov 2021
at 16:28
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Ajakstu Gul:
(Got it, pause between rolls.)


(...Pause?

Just, if you wanna do something, and use Luck, then just say you're doing it, but then roll Luck, and only Luck, is what I'm saying.)




Alyn Reed:
"I wonder if we can learn more about how this works. But don't you guys forget...there's something living inside here that isn't us." he muttered as he considered and tapped the screen a bit to see if he could type a command.

If possible, Alyn types the following: QUERY - Display Main query Command Prompts


(Hm... Roll Insightful, Alyn, but you get a +1 bonus for it (so, it'll cancel out the penalty you've got coming).)
Alyn Reed
 player, 144 posts
 Psion
 XP: 5 || Hp: 5/6 Str: 5/6
Mon 29 Nov 2021
at 07:32
Re: LEAVING THE THREE TRIBES...
OOC: So that penalty was used up in post 194 when he tried to scan for where the life was in here. ^_^

01:32, Today: Alyn Reed rolled 3 using 2d2 with rolls of 1,2.  insightful.

LOL not like it matters I failed that roll HARD. :P

Ajakstu Gul
 player, 143 posts
 Sometimes-Lucky Rogue
 XP: 0 || Health: full
Mon 29 Nov 2021
at 16:43
Re: LEAVING THE THREE TRIBES...
"You're really bad at this," Ajakstu observes.

OOC, can I try to remedy Alyn's coarse button mashing? Sheesh.
The GM
 GM, 457 posts
Mon 29 Nov 2021
at 20:21
Re: LEAVING THE THREE TRIBES...
Alyn Reed:
OOC: So that penalty was used up in post 194 when he tried to scan for where the life was in here. ^_^

01:32, Today: Alyn Reed rolled 3 using 2d2 with rolls of 1,2.  insightful.

LOL not like it matters I failed that roll HARD. :P


(Wait wait... it says you rolled 2d2?!?!?

Better try that again.

As for the penalty... huh. Maybe I was thinking of Ajakstu.)

Alyn Reed
 player, 145 posts
 Psion
 XP: 5 || Hp: 5/6 Str: 5/6
Mon 29 Nov 2021
at 21:43
Re: LEAVING THE THREE TRIBES...
LOL!!!

15:42, Today: Alyn Reed rolled 7 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 4,1.  Insightful.

Jak...can you aid roll me?
Ajakstu Gul
 player, 145 posts
 Sometimes-Lucky Rogue
 XP: 0 || Health: full
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 01:45
Re: LEAVING THE THREE TRIBES...
"You have to type with more than just your thumbs!" Ajakstu exclaims. "Remember, subject, predicate, adverb, object.....I think."


20:43, Today: Ajakstu Gul rolled 0 using 1d6-1 with rolls of 1.  Aid, with the penalty. I suuuuuck
The GM
 GM, 458 posts
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 15:20
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Alyn Reed:
He turned back to the screen.

"I wonder if we can learn more about how this works. But don't you guys forget...there's something living inside here that isn't us." he muttered as he considered and tapped the screen a bit to see if he could type a command.

If possible, Alyn types the following: QUERY - Display Main query Command Prompts


Alyn is in fact able to get a keyboard to come up.

When he hits Enter, what comes up is:

MOST CO_MON COM_AND QU_RY PROMPTS:
--ARE ALL S_STEMS FUNC_IONAL
--WHERE IS NEARE_T MILIT_RY T_RGET
--WHERE IS NEAR_ST CIV_LIAN TA_GET
--W_ERE IS N_AREST ALIEN TAR_ET
--WHERE IS NEARE_T RECHAR_ING ST_TION
--WHERE IS NEAREST FRIEND_Y DEFEN_E POST
--WHAT IS THREAT AS_ES_MENT OF CURRENT_Y LOCKED TARG_T
--WHERE IS NEAR_ST SUP_LY POST
--WHY AREN'T THE WE_PONS SY_TEMS WORKING
--WHY AREN'T THE EXTERNAL DEFENSE SYS_EMS WORKING
--WHAT W_S THAT NOISE
--HOW DO I OPERATE ____ _____ USING MANUAL CONTROLS
--WHERE IS S_RGEANT ORLON
--WHY DID SERG_ANT ORLON LEAVE
--EXACTLY WHEN DID SERGE_NT ORLON LEAVE
--ACCESS RECORDI_GS: DID SGT. ORLON SAY ANYTHI_G RIGHT BEFORE HE LEFT
--WHERE CAN WE GET A NEW SENSOR MODU_E
--WHERE IS THE CL_SEST L_CATION THAT MIGHT HAVE A NEW S_NSOR MODULE
--ANALYZE: WHAT WAS THAT TH_NG WE J_ST STOMPED ON
--WHY THE HELL WOULD THAT BE CLAS_IFIED
--ALL RIGHT THEN, CAN YOU TELL ME WHO AUT_ORIZED THAT COM_UNICATIONS ACCESS WITH HEADQUART_RS BE CLASSIFIED AS IF I DIDN'T ALREADY ____ING KNOW
--DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHI_G USEFUL YOU STUPID COMPUTER

KEEP LISTI_G NEXT-MOST-COM_ON CO_MAND QUERIES? Y/N?


(Note to self: Ajakstu has bad karma coming in the future...)
Alyn Reed
 player, 146 posts
 Psion
 XP: 5 || Hp: 5/6 Str: 5/6
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 16:36
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Alyn grins at Ajak, and turns to the keypad and types in the following: ARE ALL SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:36, Tue 30 Nov.

The GM
 GM, 459 posts
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 18:34
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Alyn Reed:
Alyn grins at Ajak, and turns to the keypad and types in the following: ARE ALL SYSTEMS FUNCTIONAL.


EXTE_IOR WEAP_N_ SYSTEMS: 0% OPERAT__NAL
INTE_IOR DEFENSES: 15% OPERATIONAL *RECENT_Y DAMAGED*
LIFE-SUP_ORT SYSTEMS: 15% OPERATIONA_
SENS_RS: 50% OPE_ATIONAL
P_WER: 25% REMAI_ING
GYROSC_PE: 85% OPER_TIONAL
COMPUT_R SYSTEMS: 60% O_ERATIONAL
Ajakstu Gul
 player, 147 posts
 Sometimes-Lucky Rogue
 XP: 0 || Health: full
Wed 1 Dec 2021
at 01:14
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
"Nearest supply post?" Ajakstu suggests. "And perhaps what Orlon said or did not say before he left might hold a clue."
Alyn Reed
 player, 147 posts
 Psion
 XP: 5 || Hp: 5/6 Str: 5/6
Wed 1 Dec 2021
at 06:59
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
Alyn nodded at Ajak, as those were good ideas.

"I agree and I'll query those. I'll also ask something for the Duke's benefit too..." he added with a chuckle as he typed away...

Alyn put in three prompts:

WHERE IS THE NEAREST SUPPLY POST?

DID SGT. ORLON SAY ANYTHING RIGHT BEFORE HE LEFT?

ARE THERE ANY FIELD RATIONS OR FOOD STORES FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION LEFT ABOARD?
The Duke
 player, 297 posts
 Mad
 XP: 7/10 HP: Full health
Wed 1 Dec 2021
at 09:04
Re: TOWARD THE GIANT ROBOT
The Duke looks over Alyns shoulder when he does the special query and makes a little excited jump clapping his hands in excitement awaiting the most important answer. Maybe this place also had pancakes like the Onsu base.