RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to The End of History (A PbtA Dying Earth Game)

15:11, 3rd March 2024 (GMT+0)

In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT.

Posted by The GMFor group 0
The Duke
player, 434 posts
Mad
XP: 7/10 HP: Full health
Tue 23 May 2023
at 09:35
  • msg #124

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Potential disturbing content warning

The Duke eyes the buffoon slamming the plate out of his hand making him drop the burger he was eating on the floor. He grunts and tries to save the precious food when the other feels the need to bonk him on the back with that spiked club making him stumble and actually drop the burger on the floor. And all of a sudden the perceived temperature drops to 0 Kelvin as the Duke slowly grabs the hand with the club that made him drop the burger on the floor and starts to squeeze there being an audible crack of juicy fingers being crushed but the Duke seems to care less as he grabs the raiders neck and slams him face first onto the baking plate his voice eerily clam as he leans in to whisper in the raiders ear.

"So for the first time in my life i can eat all i want and you want to come and stop me from having a good time?"

He lifts the poor raider up and  spits him in his face fully ignoring the fact that half his face still stuck to the baking plate and drags him to the deep fryer fully ignoring the raiders companion as he stops at the deep fryer and in one fluid motion lifts the guy up and slams him head first into the deep fryer with so much force only his kicking legs remain sticking out of the bubbling hot oil. Only when the legs stop kicking he turns to the other offender cracking his neck and rolling his shoulders like only just now he was ready to get physical as he looks from the raider to the meat grinder with a dark grin on his face.

"You really should have just enjoyed the food instead of joining it."

ooc: 11:17, Today: The Duke rolled 8 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 1,6.  ATROCITY TIME!!!

That lets me utterly destroy one weak enemy. I sort of assumed that one sole raider would be considered weak so i did not include number two (yet)

Alyn Reed
player, 318 posts
Psion
XP: 3 || Stress: 6/6
Tue 23 May 2023
at 13:14
  • msg #125

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Alyn nodded at Pesky Silently as he fully established psychic contact with the other man. Pesky would note that it felt like a purring cat had slunk into his mind, and lazily mozied on up to a fireplace before laying down and curling up in front of the comfortable warmth. The sensation quickly subsided.

This is Alyn. Good, the contact worked. We can communicate telepathically now. I can do this with the others too, and I can even network us together if we need to have a mental group huddle ort something although I haven't had to do that much. And you have my word that while you are my travelling companion and maintaining general attempts at decency, I promise not to do anything invasive or harmful to your mind nor to freely read your thoughts unless it's due to trying to detect something that may be trying to harm you. Cus I'm totally not the only psychic entity in these parts. Oh and if you need some sort of psychic surgery or some such, let me know. Party members generally get this sort of thing free from me. Think of it as our version of a free dental plan. Pesky could suddenly hear in his mind. The thought "sounded" and "felt" like Alyn, somehow.

The young man's eyes turned toward the bandits in the room they were peering into.

Since you're the newest member of the Alyn Company, how about you choose how we resolve this issue. running away is NOT an option, by the way. I want my freaking hardware and i'm not letting these asshats stop me. However...I'm curious how you'd choose to otherwise resolve a situation like this and I want to see you in action. the telepathy continued, followed by a feeling of amusement and curiosity.

So what will it be? Shoot them up? You have me try and mess with their heads? Or just opt for psychokinesis instead? Or you wanna try diplomacy? I'm really open to ideas...and since this is sort of a newbie test for you feel free to 'deploy' me as you need for your plan. As long as you're not making me strip naked and run around clucking like a chicken and such I'm game to see what you choose.
The GM
GM, 630 posts
Tue 23 May 2023
at 15:55
  • msg #126

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

The Duke:
"You really should have just enjoyed the food instead of joining it."

ooc: 11:17, Today: The Duke rolled 8 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 1,6.  ATROCITY TIME!!!

That lets me utterly destroy one weak enemy. I sort of assumed that one sole raider would be considered weak so i did not include number two (yet)


The remaining brute remaining green brute just stands there with his mouth open for a second...

Then runs out of the room.

( https://giphy.com/gifs/nope-re...BccoVk6wU/fullscreen )
The Duke
player, 436 posts
Mad
XP: 7/10 HP: Full health
Wed 24 May 2023
at 06:41
  • msg #127

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

And with the enemy gone and the robochef still making the next dish de Duke drops to his knees next to the burger on the floor and starts scraping it together sobbing as he proceeds to remove the ceramic plate pieces from his dish realizing its wasted beyond eating.

"Why do people always pick on the Duke?"
Pesky
player, 21 posts
Wed 24 May 2023
at 15:58
  • msg #128

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Pesky winced, the sensation in his head weird, foreign...yet not uncomfortable, and certainly not painful.  Once the connection had been finalized, he felt a slight release of tension all over.

He again turned to Alyn and made eye contact.

"If this is for real, then you take the one on the left and I'll get the one on the right.  We do this at the same time and we'll down the third one before he realizes the other two are gone."
He waited a second, then started turning back to the raiders and thought, "Can you hear me?  You can hear me, right?"
Alyn Reed
player, 322 posts
Psion
XP: 3 || Stress: 6/6
Wed 24 May 2023
at 21:42
  • msg #129

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Alyn nodded to the man silently.

I don't hear you, but I sense and mentally perceive you loud and clear. Alyn responded to Pesky telepathically, followed by a quick sensation of a playful eye wink.

I'll do something to the one on the left then. Maybe try and spare it for questioning. Alyn added mentally, before his eyes began to flicker with energy a bit.

Yeah...I'm gonna keep my target for later. he said, as the left-most raider thing was suddenly subject to Alyn's Psychokinesis!

16:36, Today: Alyn Reed rolled 10 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 4,5.  Weird/Scary.

So GM...Alyn's intent is to subject the target to his psychokinesis/telekinesis and telekinetically "grip" it and absolutely dominate it (not mentally just figuratively). He wants to "grab" the raider and scoop it telekinetically and fling it back his way into the hall and pin it, in the air several feet off the ground, onto the wall. Maybe doing some slight damage but not enough to really harm it but maybe enough to man handle and bruise it a bit to make his point. With a 10, my intention is for the telekinesis to be so strong the thing can't even open its mouth properly to let out a gasp or cry for help. Although at this point, Alyn will still allow it to breath.

Essentially, it's a hold person + telekinesis effect in D&D terms as he quickly shunts the thing into the air into the back wall in the hallway and non-lethally paralyzes it.

The GM
GM, 632 posts
Thu 25 May 2023
at 16:18
  • msg #130

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Alyn Reed:
I'll do something to the one on the left then. Maybe try and spare it for questioning. Alyn added mentally, before his eyes began to flicker with energy a bit.

Yeah...I'm gonna keep my target for later. he said, as the left-most raider thing was suddenly subject to Alyn's Psychokinesis!

16:36, Today: Alyn Reed rolled 10 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 4,5.  Weird/Scary.

So GM...Alyn's intent is to subject the target to his psychokinesis/telekinesis and telekinetically "grip" it and absolutely dominate it (not mentally just figuratively). He wants to "grab" the raider and scoop it telekinetically and fling it back his way into the hall and pin it, in the air several feet off the ground, onto the wall. Maybe doing some slight damage but not enough to really harm it but maybe enough to man handle and bruise it a bit to make his point. With a 10, my intention is for the telekinesis to be so strong the thing can't even open its mouth properly to let out a gasp or cry for help. Although at this point, Alyn will still allow it to breath.

Essentially, it's a hold person + telekinesis effect in D&D terms as he quickly shunts the thing into the air into the back wall in the hallway and non-lethally paralyzes it.



(Hey man, you're the one who rolled a 10, I'm not tellin' you what to do.

You will have to keep concentrating to hold it there, though. If you attack in any other way, or get attacked, or try to do any other psi stuff, or get otherwise distracted, the effect will stop.

For now, though, sure, it happens just as you say, because 10 is a magic number. As is everything above 10.)

Ajakstu Gul
player, 277 posts
Sometimes-Lucky Rogue
XP: 4|| Health: o wounds
Fri 26 May 2023
at 01:40
  • msg #131

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

"F N A! That's my knife!" Ajakstu growls as he takes off after the runner. He draws, he throws.

21:39, Today: Ajakstu Gul rolled 7 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 2,3.  Knife.
This message was last edited by the player at 01:41, Fri 26 May 2023.
The GM
GM, 633 posts
Fri 26 May 2023
at 18:54
  • msg #132

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Ajakstu Gul:
"F N A! That's my knife!" Ajakstu growls as he takes off after the runner. He draws, he throws.

21:39, Today: Ajakstu Gul rolled 7 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 2,3.  Knife.


Ajakstu hits and harms the fleeing brute... but it keeps running. Now it (technically) has two of his knives! Knife thief! Knife theft! Knife knave!
The Duke
player, 439 posts
Mad
XP: 7/10 HP: Full health
Fri 26 May 2023
at 19:21
  • msg #133

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

By that time a replacement dish is served for the Duke and miraculously also the deep fried goon has left the fryer. Wiping his runny nose on the back of his hand he quickly forets about his burger and resumes his sup.
Pesky
player, 23 posts
Mon 29 May 2023
at 10:46
  • msg #134

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Pesky had no idea what that meant.  Keep the target for later?  But he nodded without turning, raider lined up in his scope.

"Alright.  Here we go," he thought to Alyn.

"3...2...1..."

05:41, Today: Pesky rolled 7 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 4,2.  Stupid, evil raiders.
The GM
GM, 635 posts
Mon 29 May 2023
at 18:17
  • msg #135

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Pesky:
Pesky had no idea what that meant.  Keep the target for later?  But he nodded without turning, raider lined up in his scope.

"Alright.  Here we go," he thought to Alyn.

"3...2...1..."

05:41, Today: Pesky rolled 7 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 4,2.  Stupid, evil raiders.


Alyn's target is slammed up against the wall and held there, struggling (very ineffectively), completely unable to move (for now).

Pesky's target moves at JUST the wrong time, and Pesky shoots the brute in its right shoulder.

It bellows in pain, and looks around for where the shot came from... it decides it came from the stairwell, and starts to raise a weapon-- but it can't, its right shoulder is too messed-up, and therefore the whole right arm. It wastes a couple of precious seconds clumsily transferring its weapon to its left hand...
Ajakstu Gul
player, 280 posts
Sometimes-Lucky Rogue
XP: 4|| Health: o wounds
Mon 29 May 2023
at 23:48
  • msg #136

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Feeling near the end of his patience, but surely not near the end of his knives, Ajakstu took careful aim and let fly again.

19:45, Today: Ajakstu Gul rolled 11 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 5,4.  Knife.

Seeing an even more effective throw than his first, and definitely more so than his second, Ajakstu patted himself on the back and gave Rake a passable high five.

"It's not being cocky if you can back it up," he said to the all seeing universe.
This message was last edited by the player at 00:02, Mon 05 June 2023.
Pesky
player, 24 posts
Tue 30 May 2023
at 14:47
  • msg #137

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Pesky curses under his breath as he watches his shot miss the mark.  He takes careful aim once again and fires, aiming for the bastard's head.

09:45, Today: Pesky rolled 6 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 3,1.

OOC: forgot that I got an extra +1 for anything raider-related.  Still didn't help...

Alyn Reed
player, 324 posts
Psion
XP: 3 || Stress: 6/6
Wed 31 May 2023
at 04:18
  • msg #138

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Alyn nods at Pesky.

I'm going to let you try and take them before I get involved. Show me some of what you can do. I'll keep my hostage toy Moth food captive immobilized for now and stand back. Alyn thought mentally to Pesky, who once again heard the psion's words mentally in his mind.

The struggling, silenced captive continued to float some 10 feet up in the air back against the wall while Alyn rolled his eyes at its struggling. He stepped back a bit, less out of fear and more to simply give Pesky some room to do his thing.
The GM
GM, 636 posts
Sat 3 Jun 2023
at 17:22
  • msg #139

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Pesky:
Pesky curses under his breath as he watches his shot miss the mark.  He takes careful aim once again and fires, aiming for the bastard's head.

09:45, Today: Pesky rolled 6 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 3,1.

OOC: forgot that I got an extra +1 for anything raider-related.  Still didn't help...


The raider ducks momentarily at JUST the wrong moment, and reaches Pesky, punching him.

(11:22, Today: The GM rolled 1 using 1d2 with rolls of 1.  punch.

Pesky loses 1 health level...)

Pesky
player, 25 posts
Sun 4 Jun 2023
at 14:12
  • msg #140

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Pesky, surprised by the raider's speed, tries to dodge the incoming punch to no avail.  The hit lands squarely on his jaw and he's knocked back, almost losing his footing.

As he tries to recover, he turns the rifle back toward the raider and fires from the hip.

OOC: 09:10, Today: Pesky rolled 12 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 5,5.
The GM
GM, 637 posts
Sun 4 Jun 2023
at 19:32
  • msg #141

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Pesky:
Pesky, surprised by the raider's speed, tries to dodge the incoming punch to no avail.  The hit lands squarely on his jaw and he's knocked back, almost losing his footing.

As he tries to recover, he turns the rifle back toward the raider and fires from the hip.

OOC: 09:10, Today: Pesky rolled 12 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 5,5.


BOOM, the raider goes down.

It's not dead-- they're hard to kill-- but this fight is over.

(Whether or not its current wound is mortal is hard to say as yet. It's not getting up again at all soon, though.)
Pesky
player, 26 posts
Mon 5 Jun 2023
at 15:37
  • msg #142

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

With the element of surprise long gone, Pesky hops over the dying raider and kicks open the door to the lower room.
He recklessly walks toward the last raider, firing the whole time.

OOC: 10:34, Today: Pesky rolled 8 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 5,1.  Attack last raider.
Alyn Reed
player, 325 posts
Psion
XP: 3 || Stress: 6/6
Tue 6 Jun 2023
at 02:30
  • msg #143

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Alyn grinned as Pesky took a slug to the face, only to turn around and blow a hole in his attacker with his gun. It looked like Pesky had things under control.

So he turned to the one he had bound. He let loose (a bit) his telekinetic grip. The thing could talk or move slightly now, but it was still floating in the air pinned to the wall.

"Hmmm...I wonder? Can you understand me, bandit vermin, or do I need to probe a hole through that small brain of yours?" Alyn asked it aloud.

"If you can understand me...tell me? How many more of you are there in this complex? What are you doing here? And do you know what's located way in the depths of this place? If you try anything funny, or try to give me lip, you'll get to experience first-hand what it feels like to have your limbs slowly crushed with telekinetic force. Enough to rip a tank in half, by the way. So imagine what it'd do your little arms and legs?" he added, with a sinister grin as his eyes flashed menacingly with psionic power.

21:29, Today: Alyn Reed rolled 9 using 2d6+3 with rolls of 2,4.  Charming.

I rolled just in case you needed to see how convincing he was socially. As if his telekinesis isn't frightening enough.

The GM
GM, 639 posts
Tue 6 Jun 2023
at 17:26
  • msg #144

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Pesky:
With the element of surprise long gone, Pesky hops over the dying raider and kicks open the door to the lower room.
He recklessly walks toward the last raider, firing the whole time.

OOC: 10:34, Today: Pesky rolled 8 using 2d6+2 with rolls of 5,1.  Attack last raider.


The third and final raider has had time to both overcome his lack of understanding regarding what's happened to his immobile companion up against the wall, and to prepare. When Pesky kicks the door wide open and fires, so does the raider.

However, the raider only hits Pesky in the side-- his single bullet glances off a rib, not even breaking it.

Pesky, on the other hand, manages to put a few holes in the chest of the raider. He's not gonna get back up even more than the last one.

(Pesky loses one more health level.)


Alyn Reed:
Alyn grinned as Pesky took a slug to the face, only to turn around and blow a hole in his attacker with his gun. It looked like Pesky had things under control.

So he turned to the one he had bound. He let loose (a bit) his telekinetic grip. The thing could talk or move slightly now, but it was still floating in the air pinned to the wall.

"Hmmm...I wonder? Can you understand me, bandit vermin, or do I need to probe a hole through that small brain of yours?" Alyn asked it aloud.

"If you can understand me...tell me? How many more of you are there in this complex? What are you doing here? And do you know what's located way in the depths of this place? If you try anything funny, or try to give me lip, you'll get to experience first-hand what it feels like to have your limbs slowly crushed with telekinetic force. Enough to rip a tank in half, by the way. So imagine what it'd do your little arms and legs?" he added, with a sinister grin as his eyes flashed menacingly with psionic power.

21:29, Today: Alyn Reed rolled 9 using 2d6+3 with rolls of 2,4.  Charming.

I rolled just in case you needed to see how convincing he was socially. As if his telekinesis isn't frightening enough.


"Raiding here. Many slaves below. Conquered them already. Weak." Well, they're answers, all right... they're just not super informative.
Alyn Reed
player, 327 posts
Psion
XP: 3 || Stress: 6/6
Tue 6 Jun 2023
at 21:10
  • msg #145

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Alyn rolls his eyes, and suddenly the telekinetically ensnared bandit starts rotating 360 degrees in the air, spinning quite quickly. It looked like he was doing somersaults in the air a bunch before Alyn waved a hand casually and the man stopped.

OOC: Note Alyn stops before the bandit gets sick, but definitely does it enough to hopefully make the man's stomach upset.

"Let's try this again. And please, do volunteer more information this time. What kind of slaves are down below? How many of you bandits are here? Well?" he asked firmly.
The GM
GM, 641 posts
Thu 8 Jun 2023
at 16:22
  • msg #146

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

Alyn Reed:
Alyn rolls his eyes, and suddenly the telekinetically ensnared bandit starts rotating 360 degrees in the air, spinning quite quickly. It looked like he was doing somersaults in the air a bunch before Alyn waved a hand casually and the man stopped.

OOC: Note Alyn stops before the bandit gets sick, but definitely does it enough to hopefully make the man's stomach upset.

"Let's try this again. And please, do volunteer more information this time. What kind of slaves are down below? How many of you bandits are here? Well?" he asked firmly.


"...Uh... weak... little burrowing things. Many... many of us here."

Alyn gets a little flash of telepathy-- on one hand, these guys can't count very high. On the other, he's also saying "many" to try to make it sound like there's more than there really are.

In this case, the truth of "many" is... uh, somewhere between 20 and 100. Hard to be sure.

(I thought those follow-up questions were pretty reasonable, but now you'll need to roll something again to get more info out of this guy.)
Alyn Reed
player, 328 posts
Psion
XP: 3 || Stress: 6/6
Fri 9 Jun 2023
at 02:57
  • msg #147

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

21:53, Today: Alyn Reed rolled 9 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 4,4.  Insightful.

"Why don't you be a little more specific. Here...I'll make it a bit easier for you." he said as his eyes flickered a bit.

"There. Now try answering again. More carefully this time."

OOC: I'm using insight to represent him trying to notice or get more information more efficiently. Narratively, Alyn did a very temporary "latching onto" the little mini-telepathic impression he got now, and sent in a burst of mentally-stimulating energy that will, for a very limited time (like basically this interaction or something) will boost its intelligence and eloquence by "a bit" to help it better answer the questions...and realize Alyn is onto it and lying is futile.
Pesky
player, 30 posts
Fri 9 Jun 2023
at 15:19
  • msg #148

Re: In-Game Thread: EXPLORING THE SUPPLY DEPOT

"Damn," Pesky says sharply.  He moves his left hand down to his side and brings it back.  Bloody.  He kicks the raider on the floor in front of him and turns toward Alyn just in time to see the remaining raider spinning in a circle.

He watches, a little awe-struck, until the raider stops spinning and Alyn resumes his questioning.

quote:
"There. Now try answering again. More carefully this time."


Pesky slings his rifle back over his shoulder and watches Alyn's exchange, curious where this was going.
Sign In