Adventure Thread.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Suiko
 player, 35 posts
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 16:36
Adventure Thread
"Fascinating," Suiko murmurs, her attention sharply focusing on the device. "Arcane device of some kind, perhaps? Or mechanical? If it's magical in nature, I could very possibly figure out how to work it."

OOC: Any chance I might roll a knowledge skill or UMD to figure out how to operate the switch?
Signifer Kaylynn Skarsol
 player, 49 posts
 I am the Law
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 20:46
Adventure Thread
All interesting proposals to say the least. Kaylynn says, mulling over their ideas. Only one way to find out, right? Let me check the room before anyone touches anything.


OoC: Perception check the room
Senses: arcane sight, see in darkness, see invisibility
16:44, Today: Signifer Kaylynn Skarsol rolled 42 using 1d20+33.  perception.

16:45, Today: Signifer Kaylynn Skarsol rolled 31 using 1d20+27.  imp perception.
Senses: detect good/magic; darkvision 60 ft.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:48, Wed 18 Mar.

Storyteller
 GM, 58 posts
Fri 20 Mar 2020
at 17:19
Adventure Thread

The Switch looks like a simple level with a hand grip to prevent accidental pulling, pretty standard.

ooc: There is nothing invisible in the room and only the reindeer themselves are magical in this room. The room is actually pretty well lit.
Suiko
 player, 36 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 20:32
Adventure Thread
Suiko, growing tired of the lack of progress in their endeavor, steps forward to pull the lever.
Storyteller
 GM, 59 posts
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 19:22
Adventure Thread
There seems to be no issue in pulling the level and a clime sounds from the hallway outside. At the same time however, all of the Reindeer pins open and the magical animals begin to step out. They do not look friendly.

(Roll Initiatives everyone)
Meriza Floffly
 player, 37 posts
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 19:57
Adventure Thread
14:54, Today: Meriza Floffly rolled 18 using 1d20+5.  Initiative.



"Huh" was all Meriza managed to say before the reindeer emerged. Whatever was about to happen, the old druid felt it was going to be a mistake. Who's mistake was still unclear though.
Signifer Kaylynn Skarsol
 player, 51 posts
 I am the Law
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 04:24
Adventure Thread
OoC: 00:23, Today: Signifer Kaylynn Skarsol rolled 13 using 1d20+12.  initiative.
Leizi Nerissa
 player, 13 posts
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 08:09
Adventure Thread
OOC: Leizi Nerissa rolled 14 using 1d20+6.  Initiative.
Irsen Kravik
 player, 24 posts
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 17:07
Adventure Thread
Irsen drew up and prepared to engage the reindeer.  They might be magical... but they were still prey animals.

13:06, Today: Irsen Kravik rolled 25 using 1d20+10.  Init!
Hans Staulbahm
 player, 13 posts
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 18:03
Adventure Thread
Hans shot fist.

It wasn't an easy decision, who after all being of a good a merry character to callously shoot Santa's beloved reindeer? But, the reality before him was a bunch of beastly deer making untoward advances at the fair, virtuous and innocent maids of the party Kaylynn Liezi, Meriza and Suiko. Chivalry expected, nay demanded he protect them from such beastly advances. He would have words with Nicholas about this. Why weren't the deer castrated, like a responsible deer keeper would.

OOC:
Initiative: 34
Free-action: Load (will assume this is understood in the future)
Full Action: Spend 0 grit Dead shot, natural-20 (48 to confirm crit) using Paper Alchemical Cartridge... damage below
Free-action: Spend 0 grit Bleeding wound (will assume this is understood in the future)
Free-action: Spend 0 grit Stunning Shot (will assume this is understood in the future)
((These grit costs are correct his abilities reduce the cost and are allowed to stack))

Touch ACDamageBleed*Stun**
56-Inf27131 rnd; Fort DC 24 negates
53-5529131 rnd; Fort DC 24 negates
49-5233131 rnd; Fort DC 24 negates
35-4815513/52***1 rnd; Fort DC 24 negates
0-3418213/52***1 rnd; Fort DC 24 negates
*Ignore if Immune to sneak attack
**Ignore if Immune to critical hits (I can redo damage for 0-48 if so)
***RAW is disputed as to whether Bleeding wound is multiplied by a confirmed critical. The crux of this is whether BLEED is damage, or non-damage by reason of being a condition that causes damage. In many situations BLEED from particular sources are spelled out as not being multiplied. Bleeding wound is not such a case which many take to mean it is multiplied

15:45, Tue 31 Mar: Hans Staulbahm rolled 34 using 1d20+15.
13:08, Today: Hans Staulbahm rolled 55,52,49,34 using 1d20+39,1d20+34,1d20+29,1d20+24.  Deadshot foremost Deer PAC.
13:10, Today: Hans Staulbahm rolled 48 using 1d20+34.  Confirm Crit.
13:16, Today: Hans Staulbahm rolled 2,4,6,7 using 1d12,1d12,1d12,1d12.  Base Damage (dead shot).
13:17, Today: Hans Staulbahm rolled 24,24,11,20 using 3d12,3d12,3d12,3d12.  Critical Damage.

Tone note: Hans' misogynistic micro-aggressions are something I'm aware of, but Hans is not. To his mind he's being super good and well mannered doing this. Because his head is far enough up his own buttock to see for instance a level 20 hell knight or sorceress, see that they're female and try to act like they're damsels in need of rescue because he's a fairy-tale prince. This is part of the reason I've suggested that Hans legitimately belongs on the naughty list despite being convinced he's 100% good.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:05, Sun 05 Apr.

Irsen Kravik
 player, 25 posts
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 02:40
Adventure Thread
Almost faster than an eye could see, Irsen scrawled a complex sigil of lines in the air.  He grew even large, took a half-step toward the beasts and began laying into them with sword and tooth.

Sacred Geometry (aiming for 101,103, or 107): 5,3,4,1,2,5,6,6,3,3, 2,2,1,5,1,6,3,5
=5*4*6+1-2*(3+2+2)+5-5+3*5-3-6*3-1+1
=107

1st hit - guaranteed 60 dmg, crit if 34 hits - 117 dmg
2nd - ac 33 - 54 dmg
3rd - ac 31 - 69 dmg
bite - ac 31 - 19 dmg

Storyteller
 GM, 66 posts
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 17:05
Adventure Thread
Hans and Iresen delivered powerful hits to two of the reindeer, who after those shots, are still standing, but clearly were damaged. Another of the deer bolts from his pin with lightning speed and speeds along the party to strike at Leizi, Meriza, and Kaylynn before almost returning to his starting position.

32 Damage to Leizi
34 Damage to Meriza
27 Damage to Kaylynn

Leizi, Meriza, and Kaylynn may take attacks of opportunity on "Dasher".

Meriza Floffly
 player, 38 posts
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 20:38
Adventure Thread
Meriza raised her cold-iron scimitar as Dasher dashed past her, surprised that the reindeer felt the need to attack her. "What did I ever do to you?" she mused, even as they left marks on eachother.

"Fine, if that's the way it is going to be, I'll just have to venison out of you!" Before she even finished saying her words, the elven woman's form grew quickly into the form of a ferocious Polar Bear. A reindeer's natural predator. She flew through the air toward her target and slashed with her claw, attempting to subdue the deer into submission. "RAWR!"



Meriza transformed into a Large Animal as a swift action. (counts as Huge for the grab ability)
+4 size bonus to your Strength, a -2 penalty to your Dexterity, and a +4 natural armor bonus.
Also gains Scent and Grab, among other abilities.
Using Wild Vigor to gain 15 temporary HP when she transforms.


AoO: Slash with Scimitar. Roll: 33. Potential Damage: 17

Swift: Transform into Polar Bear.
Move: Fly at nearby reindeer without provoking an AoO (preferably Dasher)
Standard: Claw attack. Roll: 41. Potential Damage: 17
Free: Grab (attempt grapple without triggering AoO). Roll: 46 48 (counts as huge)

Adjusted stats: Str modifier +2, Dex modifier -1, natural armor +4+6=10
Current AC: 53 (plus potential grapple modifiers).
Touch AC: 17 (plus potential grapple modifiers)
CMD: 51 (huge)
Effective HP: 131/150

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Wed 08 Apr.

Storyteller
 GM, 69 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 17:11
Adventure Thread
 With a surprising amount of intelligence, two of the deer seem to suddenly be singing a wordless tune and dancing to it respectively as yet another of the deer stays back murmuring something before a burst of fire sparks around several party members. One deer looks especially angry, so much it almost seems lager all of a sudden before he charges Irsen with a razor-sharp rack of antlers.

Hans and Suiko take 22 damage from "Comet", unless they make a successful REF save.  (Fireball)
Irsen takes 31 damage from the rage-enhanced charging Gore from "Blitzen".
"Dancer" and "Prancer" are starting bardic performances of some kind.

Holly Silverbell
 NPC, 7 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 17:16
Adventure Thread
Holly moves in after Blitzen's Charge and strikes at the beast with a tack hammer and screwdriver while also getting into a flanking position with Irsen. The strikes land and seem to do a respectable amount of damage.
Storyteller
 GM, 71 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 18:39
Adventure Thread
In reply to Meriza Floffly (msg # 91):

Meriza's attack was successfully damaging and She was able to grab onto the Dashing Deer.
Hans Staulbahm
 player, 15 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 20:42
Adventure Thread
OOC:
16:32, Today: Hans Staulbahm rolled 39 using 1d20+30.  Reflex Save (Evasion).
Leizi Nerissa
 player, 14 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 09:44
Adventure Thread
Leizi winces as the deer hits her. She nods as her wings beat mightily and carry her backward. She makes sure to place herself so her new friends can take proper advantage of any deer that tries to charge her.

"I was hoping for a peaceful trip, but such is as it falls. Now sleep my randy friend." Lightning and Wind thrash around her before both burst toward the deer that fired off the spell. Her attack, though quite impressive in scale, seems to do little truly lasting harm.

OOC: ring of regeneration: heal 1hp round
HP: 303/334

Leizi is technically unarmed and thus unable to make AoOs

If any of the deer are threatening Leizi(unlikely but not impossible) she'll use Turbulent Takeoff when she starts flying: Threatening creatures can't make AoOs as you move away unless they succeed a Reflex save DC 36. If it fails the save by 10 or more it's knocked prone.

Targeting Comet with: Empowered Merciful Thunderstorm Blast Focused+2 Total burn cost 0.

41 vs AC

139 non-lethal damage(1/2 electric 1/2 bludgeoning)

Suiko
 player, 39 posts
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 16:39
Adventure Thread
Suiko frowns darkly at the deer, taking a graceful step back to keep out of reach as she murmurs a few words. Her fingers dance through elaborate gestures, and she feels a rush of power run through her mind, catching at the thoughts of the reindeer. She weaves a web across them, making herself seem to be the best friend they never knew they had.

Mass charm monster, DC is 37 Will save for as many of the reindeer as I can catch in a thirty foot area.
Signifer Kaylynn Skarsol
 player, 57 posts
 I am the Law
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 19:24
Adventure Thread
This is ridiculous, Kaylynn says. We are here for Kringle. Not you. As her arms raise and she disappears.

OoC:
Familiar will cast vanish on me (via wand of vanish)
Swift action: cast quickened haste on all allies (via rod of quicken)
Move Action: fly straight up until I reach the ceiling.
Standard Action: cast mass hold monster on all the reindeer (DC 32 Will Save)

This message was last edited by the player at 12:13, Sat 11 Apr.

Storyteller
 GM, 74 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 13:21
Adventure Thread
 It would seem Comet, Vixen, and Donner Fall victim to the Mass Charm and stop any aggressive action at the moment.

 Dasher and Blitzen suddenly stop moving as if held in place by an unseen force.

 Vixen Seems to cast an alluring spell of her own against Kaylynn (Dominate Person DC 30 Will)

Rudolph's Nose glows brightly and any of the stunned or effected Deer seem to snap out if it, but their turns are forfeit. The large Red-nosed Deer seems to be commanding the others somehow.
Storyteller
 GM, 77 posts
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 16:36
Adventure Thread
*Correction* Vixen attempts to Dominate Irsen instead DC 30 will
Irsen Kravik
 player, 28 posts
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 18:12
Adventure Thread
The reindeer cast at Irsen... unfortunately for it, just drawing his attention toward the reindeer.  Irsen turned toward the offending prey, a pleased cat grin spreading across his face.


OOC:  Lunar oracle capstone: Irsen's immune to all mind-affecting effects.
Hans Staulbahm
 player, 16 posts
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 19:51
Re: Adventure Thread
Reading the situation rapidly spiraling into chaos and saw a chance to end it. Lining up his shot Hans let his musket bark and lead fly with deadly intent against the ringleader of the bestial lot, Rudolf with that strange nose, clearly the leader and the quickest way to end this fight.

OOC:
Full Action: Spend 0 grit Dead shot, natural-20 (48 to confirm crit) using Paper Alchemical Cartridge... damage below
Free Action: (contingent of crit is confirmed) Spend 1 grit Death's Shot.

Touch ACDamageBleed*Stun**Death
49-Inf23131 rnd; Fort DC 24 negsN/A
48-48103131 rnd; Fort DC 24 negsFort DC 33 negs
45-47122131 rnd; Fort DC 24 negsFort DC 33 negs
43-44157131 rnd; Fort DC 24 negsFort DC 33 negs
40-42172131 rnd; Fort DC 24 negsFort DC 33 negs
0-39191131 rnd; Fort DC 24 negsFort DC 33 negs
*Ignore if Immune to sneak attack
**Ignore if Immune to critical hits (I can redo damage for 0-48 if so)

15:29, Today: Hans Staulbahm rolled 42,43,47,39,44 using 1d20+39,1d20+39,1d20+34,1d20+29,1d20+24.  Deadshot Rudolf.
15:30, Today: Hans Staulbahm rolled 48 using 1d20+34.  Confirm Crit.
15:31, Today: Hans Staulbahm rolled 2,5,1,7,2 using 1d12,1d12,1d12,1d12,1d12.
15:31, Today: Hans Staulbahm rolled 13,30,21,12,17 using 3d12,3d12,3d12,3d12,3d12.

Irsen Kravik
 player, 29 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 14:43
Re: Adventure Thread
Irsen pointed at Vixen, the Reindeer that had attempted to violate his mind.  "Receive judgment for your foolishness."  He strode over toward her, then - rather than swinging his sword at her - he let it go in the air, and it began attacking her itself, still surrounded with the flames that seemed to radiate from Irsen.

OOC: Move to move, standard to activate dancing weapon: round 1/4
10:39, Today: Irsen Kravik rolled 50,49,36,38 using 1d20+31,1d20+31,1d20+26,1d20+21.  Dancing Sword vs. Vixen.
10:40, Today: Irsen Kravik rolled 32,48,25 using 1d20+31,1d20+31,1d20+21.  3 crit threats.
10:41, Today: Irsen Kravik rolled 115,66,58,55 using 8d8+76,4d8+38,4d8+38,4d8+38.  Crit and 3 hits.
10:42, Today: Irsen Kravik rolled 12 using 4d6.  fire damage from flaming property.

306 damage total barring DR or fire resistance