Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 38 posts
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 05:54
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Here is the meeting house for everyone for the main story.
1 - Ascending Sky
2 - Demethea
3 - Eden
4 - Occluded Butterfly
5 - Siren
6 - Storm of Light
7 - Stormtalker Herod

22:59, Today: Storyteller rolled 7 using 1d7.
22:59, Today: Storyteller rolled 5 using 1d7.


Everyone knew what had happened... why they were there.  It was a somber mood in the Teahouse.  Everyone stared at Siren and Stormtalker Herod.  The tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.  You couldnt hear the alarm bells from the docks anymore, but if you strained a little, you could easily imagine them in the distance.  Every single one of you is here for different reasons, but all of you here in Chiaroscuro most certainly do not want the kind of attention that is currently underway. Every one of you as Anathema will certainly not do well with the kind of scrutiny that will be brought to bear should Siren or Stormtalker Herod get caught.  Everyone looks at you two, waiting for an explanation.

Stormtalker Herod Eden, who was the noble/wealthy individual that your circle was in contact with? Are they a local Delzahn noble or from somewhere else? What is their business here in the city? Do they have family?

Siren, what seemingly innocuous job were you and Stormtalker supposed to do?  Were you two hired directly, or was it through an intermediary that you were trying to complete said task? Luckily Stormtalker is a skilled sailor, he was able to pilot your small boat to shore safely with both of you and the cargo intact.  Unluckily, the large ship from which your small boat launched, crashed into a guild ship laden with expensive goods.  The resulting fire and destruction has led to a huge backlash in the city. What is your cargo and do you plan to return it to the original person who hired you despite everyone looking for individuals who have the cargo?  Or are you going to keep it? Get rid of it? Hide it?

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:44, Wed 25 Dec 2019.

Siren (C)
 player, 19 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 00:01
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Siren's eyes looked at the others as they gathered here. They in turn were staring at her and mostly in an unkind manner. "Well now that everyone is here, I suppose we can now enlighten everyone to the situation."

About a week ago Siren had been playing at the Diving Sea Serpent, a tavern by the docks. There she was doing her usual of entertaining and gathering some information. One of the regulars who came to the tavern approached her and asked if she was looking for more then just information. Intrigued Siren sat to have a drink with the man. "It be an easy job, no lie." he said with a wink and a yellow smile. Siren took a sip of her drink and inclined her head. "If the job is so easy why do you want me?" She asked. The man chuckled softly "Mine eyes look bad but they do not be seeing so bad. My peepers saw the other night how you handled those two Sailors from the Neck. Ye be a bit more strong that your outsides show. That is perfect for dealing with an easy job that in case anything goes bad you 'an handle yourself."

Siren sighed and rubbed her temple. Why was it when she didn't want to be seen there were always seemingly some one there to see. Is it because she wanted the limelight all the other time that she could not make it stop? "Fine, what is the job then?" she inquired. The greasy man tapped the table in excitement. "Simple simple! All youin have to do is got out in the harbor and meet a ship of the name Flithly Whore . She is not a pleasant site but gets the job done like her name sake!" The man then slammed the table with his hand as he barked out laughter at his on joke. Siren smirked lightly. "Far be it for me to question what sailors name their ship. What are we getting?" His laughter subsided and he leaned closer looking one way then the next. Siren followed suit.

"It be a small chest. Don be openin or peepin inside. Bring it to me and I'll give you your due."   The ragged man brought up a sack with plenty of coin. "If the job goes all easy like it should then ye get that and more." He fishes in his coat pocket and brings out an odd looking coin with a strange symbol on it. "This be showing your under my employ. Show it to the Captain and he will given you the chest. Bring it back here the day after the next week. The ship will be in harbor 5 days time. It will only be here for a day. Don be missing it!" Siren ran this through her head. It was a lot of money for such a small job and they could use it. Plus this man who went by the name of Old Desert may prove to be useful later. "Alright I can do it. I will bring along another with me just in case." She said watching his reaction. Desert nodded a few times and waved his hands dismissively. " Fine fine. Good idea any way. Now lets drink to our agreement!" He said and toasted her then proceeded to empty half his mug in his mouth and the other half on his shirt. Or maybe not such a good contact... After that he started and Siren joined in doing some sea shanties at the bar.


"After that I went to Stormtalker because who else would be better going out to a ship? The trade went down well enough besides the crew and Captain seeming nervous and wanted to get out of the harbor soon as they could. Which probably explains why in their rush they collided." Siren shrugged a bit and walked up to the table most of them sat at. She set the small chest on the table and flipped down the lock. "In the rush to get away from the commotion some one dropped the chest, cracking the lock. I only looked in it before you all arrived." With that she opened the chest to reveal a single lightly glowing Stone. "At least now I know why he wanted no peepin." She says with a smirk. "Now though what do we do? The Old Desert expects this tomorrow."
Ascending Sky (C)
 player, 26 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 18:51
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
As the object is revealed Sky reaches towards it. His forhead begins to sparkle and glow as he reaches out with generic essence to try to feel the magic. "Lets see if we can find out what it does." At some point his finger finds its way to the stone and his body tenses and then seems to go limp. For a full minute he is unresponsive to the world around him. Instead his mind fills with an innate understanding of every location of water. He doesnt get a clear feel for the range of this water sense or what else the object can do.

After a few moments he reopens his eyes, "It has some connection to water. It allows those who touch it to know where water sources are. I think it might be able to call them as well. At the minium it would allow the holder to figure out where to drill wells perhaps also how best to sabatoge or damage water caches. Extremely profitable in a desert."

OOC: spend 6 Motes to add 6 dice to occult role. Figured id capture that learning to control by action.

Wits + Occult 9 success

10:37, Today: Ascending Sky (C) rolled 9 successes using 15d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 10,3,3,5,5,2,10,6,10,3,3,9,6,10,6.  Occult to identify  orb.
.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:57, Wed 25 Dec 2019.

Storyteller
 GM, 63 posts
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 19:52
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Eden, escaping in the boat with Siren and Stormtalker while watching it crash into the guild ship was an amazing display,

Eden, who was the noble/wealthy individual that your circle was in contact with? Are they a local Delzahn noble or from somewhere else? What is their business here in the city? Do they have family?

What do you plan to do, how do you plan to deal with the man The Desert works for? What did Siren miss, or what is she leaving out about how and why the ship actually crashed into the guild ship?

As Ascending Sky examines the stone he accurately surmises that it has magical properties.  It is a hearthstone, and with particular properties of water that make it exceedingly valuable here in the south.

You guys may discuss your thought about things, i will provide a prompt after you have had a chance to talk about/discuss things in character
Storyteller
 GM, 81 posts
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 02:53
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Whoever the first person that wants to respond to this is, may go ahead and do so now.

Who was the noble/wealthy individual that your circle was in contact with? Are they a local Delzahn noble or from somewhere else? What is their business here in the city? Do they have family?  What do you plan to do, how do you plan to deal with the man The Desert works for? What did Siren miss, or what is she leaving out about how and why the ship actually crashed into the guild ship?

Eden (C)
 player, 21 posts
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 05:26
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Eden had once helped a Delzahn noble that that contracted a degenerative illness that had no known cure. His wealth came from a lucrative deal he made with the nobility of Gem importing their jewels into the city avoid some of the predatory taxes imposed on non-Delzhan. His position has allowed him to build a large family, mostly legitimate, partially illegitimate. His illness came from his extramarital escapades and Eden was able to eradicate the disease essentially performing a miracle.
Demethea (C)
 player, 42 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 09:00
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
It seems like Demethea has appeared out of nowhere, but in truth she just went into the back to take a leak and returns just in time for Ascending Sky to finish his seance. She ruffles his hair affectionately, then turns to Siren.

"Well, do you know the name of the guy this Old Desert fellow is going to send, or what he looks like?" she asks. "Anyway to identify him? I mean, according to what Sky here said this thing would be enough to fight wars over in the south. Probably shouldn't put it past interested parties to try and obtain it by trickery."

This message was last edited by the player at 09:00, Fri 27 Dec 2019.

Storm of Light (C)
 player, 35 posts
 Lawgiver
 Crowned Sun
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 01:22
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
"Interested parties are a problem, absolutely," came Storm's quiet murmur. "Like the ones who'll be wanting our heads no matter what happens to the Old Desert's pretty stone.

Still. Anything we can do to cut down on the number of people looking for us...given how things went down, I'm wondering if he might be grateful enough to offer help or harbor until this blows over. At the least it'd be less knives at our back. I say we return it. It's a small thing, but there's too much weight tethered to it now."


He turned to Siren, a wry smile touching his features, though his eyes stayed serious - but calm, absent anger. "And you're leaving out what really had the captain and his men so nervous they'd risk an unscheduled launch. This city might be big and bright enough for us to disappear in, Siren, but so much glass can catch the light just as easily. It doesn't take much time being around you to get the sense you're something special - which you can take for the compliment, but only along with the responsibility. The crew have suspicions. One way or another, and I'm open to suggestions, that'll need to be addressed."
Stormtalker Herod (C)
 player, 10 posts
 Eclispe Caste Pirate Lord
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 05:35
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Herod simply sat and stared at the stone.  The blue gleam reflecting in his eyes.

It was his fault the heist had gone south.  One look at that gem--his gem, attached to HIS sword, that sprang forth from HIS underwater palace...possibly--and all his caution and planning had gone out the window.  He had to have it, and damn the consequences.

...and now all his friends were suffering those consequences, and worse...talking about giving the gem up anyway!

and he could see there point!

"A fair argument, Master Storm, but consider the following query." Herod said in his usual lop-sided brogue, "We currently have this pearl beyond price...why the hells should we give it up if doing so won't even solve our current problem?"
Siren (C)
 player, 38 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 07:12
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Siren looks to Demethea. " I only know the Desert himself. I did not have the time nor the skills to directly find out who his client is." It was suppose to be an easy job but things kept spiraling away from her. It seemed like it happened more and more often. Why could she not be who she was? She should not be in hiding, all be it doing a bad job of it. She should be out playing her music to her fullest and changing creation for the better! Just as she was thinking such things Storm of Light spoke up a bit. Siren crossed her arms and stood a bit definitely

"I am not a thing that hides in the darkness. I shine brightly. I can cover myself in darkened clothes but it will not change me." she says going on about a pointless metaphor. " Besides I wasn't alone on that ship and the one who set the crew off a bit more..." she looked to Stormtalker. " Ever since the stone came near you, you seemed a bit off. Why do you want the stone so bad? If we do not turn it over then we have the Old Desert and what ever people he employees as well as the one who hired him. she thinks for moment, tapping her foot rhythmicly as she did. It was so much easier just to play and forge ahead.

Sirens eyes look up " So it is simple, we give this back or we capture the Old Desert and find out who hired him and then go and deal with them. As far as the crew I am sure they will be lose lipped but by how much I am not sure. They were doing some shady dealing as well after all. So maybe some one could pay them a visit? Though that may not work out well. Or we could take the stone and run from our problems. " she offered unfolding her hands and turning them upside down. It was a tactic her Troupe had used a few times when situations became too hard or costly to deal with. "Though that has its own issues and is harder for some of us. "
Storyteller
 GM, 89 posts
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 07:49
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
At some point Stormtalker, you find yourself handling the stone.  Vivid memories overtake you. The spray of water on your face, the shout of your first mate delivering your instructions, the sounds of cannons firing, men yelling.  Memories of the ocean responding to your wishes. Water reaching out to turn what would have been a devastating ram into a narrow miss, giving you the advantage. Memories of the gods of the sea bowing before you.  Memories of ships burning, fire, explosions, the decimation of your enemies as your men clash their swords and cheer in victory.  Leaving the Blessed isle...Open water... the breakwaters of Chiaroscuro...Feelings of going home, of getting closer...

Stormtalker appears to be in some kind of a trance, his eyes completely glazed over, mumbling gibberish.  He doesnt respond to his name and gentle nudging turns to more forceful shaking, but still he doesnt respond.

Who ends up ripping the stone from his hands? You are privy to the same visions as you wrench the stone away, although you recognize they are not your own memories.  You are just a visitor watching everything happen.

Do you share these personal memories with the group?
Storm of Light (C)
 player, 36 posts
 Lawgiver
 Crowned Sun
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 23:07
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
"Apparently MUCH harder, for some of us - " Storm hadn't liked the fever-gleam in Herod's eyes, the way they rested on the stone and not who he was speaking to. At the mumbling he stepped forward, reached out, and when his effort bore no fruit he made a frustrated sound and tore the stone away. Vision flooded his mind.

"What in Hell is this?" He almost dropped the thing, reconsidered, put it into the sole unused teacup on the table before them. It rested there, gleaming. "I thought this thing finds water. That was..."

Storm frowned. "...more trouble. Whose memories are those?" He looked at Herod again. "Yours? Do you even know? Look, I don't want this thing or the trouble it brings, but the trouble at least is at our doorstep. We don't have time for a lengthy debate. If you want the stone, we need to handle the Old Desert and whatever dark lair that thread is going to lead into. Where were you supposed to meet up? Siren, maybe you can talk the crew into keeping quiet with those very good points you brought up?"
Stormtalker Herod (C)
 player, 12 posts
 Eclispe Caste Pirate Lord
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 23:52
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Herod coughs like he's trying to get water out of his lungs, "Not mine..." he gasps, "Well, not mine mine...more like past "me"...possibly."

He gathers himself off the floor and tries to return himself to respectability (a lost cause if ever there was one).  "Not sure if I told all of you this, but I came to this glassworks because of visions.  The demon or god or whoever that branded me anathema existed here in a past life...and they had a SHIP--the likes of which you've only dreamed about.  Been trying to find it for weeks."

He gestures to the gem in the cup, almost afraid to look too deeply into it again, "But this little bauble has visions of its own: A sword it attaches to, and an underwater palace it grew in.  I don't know if it's my sword, or this gem is just projecting memories onto whoever picks it up, but I'd put money down that both the sword and the palace exist somewhere near here."

He swallows, "I think this thing is a Hearthstone."
Storyteller
 GM, 109 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 03:11
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
After some questioning combined with everyone's various education and stories on the subject, it becomes clear that this is in fact a Hearthstone.  Not only does it allow one to find water, but it has the power to direct or control water in various capacities.  Or, at least it once did.

What do u guys want to do? Keep the stone? Give it back?

How do you plan to deal with The Desert?

Demethea (C)
 player, 51 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 06:12
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
"A Hearthstone... I'm not too sure what these are, but they're supposed to be gems of power, right? They give dominion over a place of power and let you call upon the might they possess... and this is one of them? That palace sounds like a Manse - something that generates the Hearthstone - and the sword and the ship you're talking about might be located inside it."

Demethea sits back.

"You know, before this I would have been all for giving the stone back. But if those ARE your memories, and the Manse and sword belong to you... then I think the right thing to do would be to help you reclaim them. And you can count me in for that. The Desert will be harder, though. I suppose paying him a ton of money won't help? "

This message was last edited by the player at 06:18, Mon 30 Dec 2019.

Eden (C)
 player, 23 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 06:43
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Eden nods with Demethea's words, "Yes, that is relatively accurate. Geomantic essence crystallized into a stone. All created at a place of power at a convergence of essence flows. Some remain tied to that locale, others have inherent powers." She sighs as she recalls these details. She would have learned tomes of knowledge about the topic had she attended the Heptagram, perhaps she would have aided one of the Realm's geomancers to raise a manse on a school project or not. The flood of regret is apparent on her face. "I am not sure that ownership is clear cut. Disputed claims can lead to conflict."
Demethea (C)
 player, 53 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 09:13
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
"I suppose," Demethea hmms. "Still, the Manse would be either unclaimed or in someone else's possession. If it's the former, then assuming Herod's memories are accurate, he has the stronger claim. If it's the latter, I'm pretty sure that the owner could just hit a geomantic pressure point or something to make the Hearthstone crack and become useless, then fix it so it generates a new one at its heart. Or something. I don't know, learning over the shoulder of that wicked bitch didn't cover that part."

She looks to Sky.

"Is there a way to use a Hearthstone to find the Manse it's linked to? So maybe we could give the stone back but take over the Manse at the same time. I mean, the deal was just to hand over the stone, not everything attached to it..."
Ascending Sky (C)
 player, 50 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 10:00
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Ascending Sky eyes widen and he speaks first in fire tongue and then to the demon in old realm, "One moment Dematha. Tomescu the multi limbed painter, come forth." As soon as the demon forms behind him he continues, "You mentioned that a person related to desert was the center of your newest painting. That he would benefit the plans of your Masters."

The demon speaks in trying to avoid a direct answer, "That was what I believe you understood."

He turns to Siren, "This man was Greasy, Ragged like he traveled through the Desert, and you mentioned he spelled his drink. About half of it on his clothing. Almost all the spilled liquid landing on his chest but three drops hit the table." He moves a hand along the table marking the exact places the mug dripped. Like he was there. Only all he saw was a painting, "Did he have a scent slightly of burnt sand. It wouldn't have been strong just a slight wiff almost like a perfume from a lover that rubbed off on him."

He looks over to Eden and continues, "The demonology books, the ones Zia sent me exerts, they spoke of that slight wiff of burned sands as a sign of a Yozi Cultist, specifically one that deals with the Endless desert and attempts to allow demons to cross without bindings." He looks back at the cloud and multi limbed demon and then around the group, "The problem is my demonic ally here is of a breed that take small actions to cause a goal to be accomplished. Me seeing the painting may be him seeking to influence us to not return the stone empower a Yozi Cultist legally and drive us out. It could also be that he, who loves to paint, simply paints those important to his vision. If we suspect this desert may be a cultist handing over a heathstone that is a weapon is stupid."

He looks back to Demethea, "It is theoretically possible to search out a manse from its hearthstone, but I do not know the specific method."

13 Success to introduce the fact that The Old Desert is actually a Yozi Cultist.
OOC:01:05, Today: Ascending Sky (C) failed (no successes) using 1d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 5.

01:04, Today: Ascending Sky (C) rolled 12 successes using 18d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 7,10,10,3,9,5,2,7,9,6, 8,9,1,5,9,2,1,9.  Introduce Fact +8 Dice reroll 6s 1 Auto Success.

Personel:2/13
Perphial 26/26
Willpower 10/10

This message was last edited by the player at 12:42, Mon 30 Dec 2019.

Storyteller
 GM, 112 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 10:35
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Make sure to mark down how many motes you are using whenever applicable please.

The series of paintings your demon has been working on depict a man traversing a great silver desert under a green sun.  There are allusions to specifics of who this man might be, and through careful examination of the evidence you have reason to believe that at least some of the descriptions apply to the man known as The Desert.
Storm of Light (C)
 player, 38 posts
 Lawgiver
 Crowned Sun
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 12:25
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Storm was more uncomfortable than he wanted to let on, the way they talked about the demons that clung to them as some kind of contiguous past life. The power that entered their bodies was foreign, and the memories bound up in it were not the memories of their souls...at least as far as Storm understood it. Which, admittedly, was a little vague. But you weren't supposed to remember your previous incarnations. Still - not a fight worth picking.

Especially not with this newest revelation. "I can track him," said Storm with sudden certainty. "That's enough to pick up the trail. If he's had dealings with Hell, he might know where the manse is. Maybe the stone is the key to it, maybe he wants it for another purpose, but I can find him. We can argue about who gets the palace and the boat and the sword and the rock later - half the district is alight with rumors about us, there's a crew ready to spill their guts under the wrong kind of pressure, and none of us will be able to claim much of anything if we draw the Hunt.

The crew I'd trust Siren to handle, or Eden, or Demethea if it came down to the wire. This stone I expect Sky and Herod can draw the relevant truths we'll need from, be they study or Exaltaton-born. I can bring you the Desert or bring us to him. But I want to know what we're doing. It sounds like we're breaking the deal, yes? And he's a man of dangerous means. So that forces the question: are we approaching as business partners looking to renegotiate, or as bandits? If he's an infernalist, I'd rather not cross him and find out what he can do in a desperate moment. Who might come looking for reprisal, or how blatant his best efforts might be to others. But any deal that doesn't draw off the heat rising around us isn't much of one, I think, and if we want a deal like that, he's probably going to want more than a wink and a promise of future profit."

Siren (C)
 player, 46 posts
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 15:00
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
It seemed in rapid motion things started escalating. First Stormtalker went into his trance then Storm of Light. Then came the flood of information on the thing being a harthstone and the possibility of a manse and that these could have all been Stormtalkers in a past life. It was all something that needed discussing but right now they had to chose an action to do. She looked up to Sky. "Yes, that is right.  The smell..." Siren pauses and thinks for a moment. "Taverns always smell a bit smokey but I do remember that." She says after closing her eyes and placing herself back in the memory. Eidetic Memory She raised an eyebrow after Sky saying the Desert may be a cultist. "Well that is another reason to go against him." She muses.

Then the question of her dealing with the crew came up again. "I suppose I can try my best there. Though I think the Guild will probably have them locked up or at least have the city do the same. They are not forgiving of those who damage their property." Siren hated dealing with the Guild. It also only meant more attention on her. Maybe she should look more into that shadow thing?

As her thoughts went over in her head and she was a bit more pleased their judgement was off her and on the new found shiny. "We know where the Old Desert will be tomorrow. He will be at the tavern waiting for me to bring the chest. I suggest us going there. Or at least me. We can confront him there in a bit of negotiation. Or Some one can fix the chest make it were it is locked again with a rock or something in it. I bring him the chest and he takes it and goes. After all, no peepin. Some one could follow the Desert after that and see where he goes or just confront him after he leaves the Tavern. Less eyes that way. I do not think he would open it in the Tavern with this being inside."

She steps closer spreading her arms. " So what will it be? It seems we are keeping the Stone, fine. We must not only deal with the Desert but his backer, if he truly has one. The crew are another matter that we must check on either way.  We should found out were they are being taken now. The meeting with the Desert is tomorrow." She offers looking at them all.
Storyteller
 GM, 134 posts
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 10:25
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Im going to give this a couple of more days, or until a majority of people have posted regarding what they think we should do because of new years.  Just so that everyone knows
Storyteller
 GM, 158 posts
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 02:49
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
So after some discussion the one thing that everyone seems to agree on is that you will be keeping the stone and meeting to deal with The Desert.  You are scheduled to meet up with him the following day at The Shadows Inn.

Open to anyone, do you bring the hearthstone with you or do you leave it behind?  Who goes to the meeting?  What is your plan when u get to the meeting?

Tensions are high and their are guards out in force to make sure that the accident isnt indicative of something else happening that might spill over into the streets of the city.  The Shadows Inn is a large 3 story building, with all the veneer of uncared for dilapidation, but there are a great number of people who move with the easy grace of those used to and experienced in battle.  As you enter the building The Desert has a section in the corner where he is drinking with a bunch of people around him.  He waves them off as he sees you and they make space for you to come and sit down.

What do u do?
Siren (C)
 player, 59 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 01:27
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Siren looks at the others. "Then we shall go to the meeting. Demethea and Stormtalker will wait outside hidden if possible. Stormtalker you will keep the harthstone on you. It is yours by all rights. It is apart of our former glory and we must do all we can to reclaim what we once were. I will go in and talk to the Desert. Storm of Light and Sky will join me inside. Eden I will leave it up to you if you join us inside for the talks or stay back to help in chase we need help or healing. Occluded Butterfly I think you outside would be good as well." She takes a moment and looks at them once more. "This may not be the best plan but it is the best to deal with what we have I think. " She gives a break for any of the others to speak up. After they are done she sets up the time they will meet.

She looks tat the people who just left the Desert were they people that she would soon have to fight? "Ah there be she whom is to mien eye like water is to de man in the Desert!" He says cracking a smile. "And ye brought some of your playmates as well, and my chest." He says looking at the Box Sky carried. Siren sits down folding her hands infront of her. "Like water to you?" She says and the man barks laughter "Aye, aye because I am the Desert and also the man. Now the chest..." Siren raises a finger. "This was not as easy of a job as you made it out to be. The crew was skittish and when they we left them they were in such a hurry to leave they collided with a damn guild ship." She says looking none to pleased.

He rasies a dismissive hand and waves away her concerns. "I sayth it was suppose to be ease but just in case I got ones of your caliber to take care of things. Looks like I was right dun it?" He says keeping his eyes on the chest. She sighs a little"I suppose so, but I don't like it. The crew was too suspicious and now they caused all this chaos." She says trying to bring it back on the crew. "Wha is don is dun! Now gib me the chest!" He says and reaches out a scraggy arm. Siren looks to Sky and nods. As he sets down the chest the old man smiles broadly and takes it. "Good good! I think this calls for some drinks!" He says ordering a quick round as his hands tap on the chest.


Siren is trying to place blame for anything going wrong on the crew. IE if the stone isn't in the chest it must have been that crew! She is also hoping the Desert will take the chest and go. If he does that Demethea can follow him. If he checks she can try to convince him it was the crew or go from there.
Ascending Sky (C)
 player, 67 posts
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 22:04
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Sky enters and waves to a couple of the wait staff. He did live here for a month. He almost strikes up a conversation but then rembers he is here to help not start conversations and catch up with old friends. Rather then worry about the direct discussion he takes his focus on who they dont want to overhear the discussions here. Looking for anyone of either local power which he is less likely to notice and then also for those from the blessed isle and one person in the far corner draws his attention. He looks a little like a local immaculate. Its not perfect but it does add complications, "Siren, Desert Excuse me I believe someone is trying to get my attention. Ill see if I can keep him from focusing on this table any more"

Sky walks over to talk to the other man, "Good evening, today is one crazy night int it." Switching to high realm. His accent falling away as this is his native tongue.

The man smiles, "Sit, Zia's Scandal. What does a servant sent away have to do with a man like him."  He leans forward with meanace. Clearly the Immaculate suspects something about Desert already.

Ascending sky smiles and speaks, "I have no proof that there is anything wrong with him and the women I entered with I am trying to convince that I can join her theater troope. A Blessed Isle Servent sent to chiriscoro is not exactly a recipe for know how to live on your own. I was a House servent from basicly my childhood. I was the Paramour of a Dynast and now I work at a small bar with thugs cooking with the least of ingredients." Sadly Sky sucks at lying and the truth is he hasnt even tried to join Sirens Troupe or get a job at the theater. The rest of the statement however is true.

The Man simply laughs, "You shouldnt lie it doesnt work well for you. Perhaps your looking to a be a paramour to another strong women. Perhaps your seeking some other form of power. It matters little do you know whats in that box,"

Ascending Sky considers and doesn't answer choosing not to lie and not to share any information.

The Man nods but keeps his attention on the Sky, "I thought so. You who respect your betters. Who knows how to do things correctly should I intervene."

Ascending sky leans forward shaking his head but changes the topic, "I wouldnt but I would wonder if you looked so heavily into me you might also know how Cathak Zia is doing. She was headed to work on her demonology license when last I heard from her."
Demethea (C)
 player, 81 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 16:11
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
As mentioned earlier, Demethea is keeping a low profile in the tavern. She's watching her fellow Solars... and anyone else in the tavern who might be watching them too. She doesn't really expect to see anything, but she has some confidence in her ability ot stay hidden, and having a slight edge with the element of surprise might help.

In the meantime, she nurses a cp of spiced wine; not thick enough to steal her senses, but enough thatshe looks like the average tavern drunkard.
Storyteller
 GM, 178 posts
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 17:36
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Siren is doing her best to try and persuade The Desert that the crew of the ship is to blame.  This is an instill action.

11:16, Today: Storyteller, on behalf of Siren (C), rolled 4 successes using 6d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 10,1,2,8,8,5.  Instill Trust (Manip + Presence).


The Desert seems a bit incredulous at first, but as Siren goes on to explain things he seems to relax. "Drinks for everybody!" He announces to the bar.  He makes sure that everyone has the opportunity to drink, making sure to shotgun one before excusing himself and quietly making his exit.


--------


Sky heads over and has a conversation with someone from his past.  What is this mans name?  You had heard that he had taken a position with the immaculate monks in an investigative role dealing with sorcery and heresy against the realm.  This man was a cut above and you are sure he was destined to rise in the ranks.

The man does have some information about Cathak Zia.  He fills you in on her with his general knowledge.  As you are listening you get the feeling that he was going to mention something, but then changed his mind.  He is an intensely private individual and does not like people digging for information.  Do you try to coax the information out of him knowing that if you do you might develop a minor negative intimacy of him towards you?

As drinks are served and The Desert is getting ready to leave, you notice him make a very subtle gesture to someone across the room who leaves before The Desert.  It is clear to you that at least one person associated with the immaculate monks will be following The Desert.


----------


Demethea, as you are waiting and nursing your drink, things seem to go well.  Eventually The Desert stands up and it looks like he is getting ready to head for the door.
Ascending Sky (C)
 player, 77 posts
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 16:13
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Acending sky leans forward at the new information. He still cares about Zia and hearing even a small amount of information renders him melconcly and wanting more. He also however understands the social dynamic of his postion to a member of house Ledaal. His name is Ledaal Taros one of the Ledaal Caros children. Sky didn't remember if this one exalted or not but either way he was a powerful man, "I am like a child with a tooth ace arnt I. I want more information about someone I should be trying to move on from. Thank you for the information you have shared about Lady Zia." Sky closes his eyes fighting his internal self and asks anyway. Like a junkie looking a bit for a fix, "It felt like you were about to share something about Lady Zia and stopped yourself, will you please share what you know." They eyes of a puppy that lost his family and missing them. Possible even with tear in his eyes.
Storyteller
 GM, 204 posts
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 16:37
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Sky, make a persuasion roll difficulty 4.  Success indicates he gives you the information.  Failure indicates he grudgingly gives you the information and develops a negative intimacy towards you.

Cathak Zia is suspected to be involved with a forbidden occult book thought to be in Chiaroscuro.  What is the rumor of how she is involved?
Ascending Sky (C)
 player, 80 posts
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 15:02
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Ledaal Taros see the young mans reaction and decides to continue taking pity on the man who had really lost his whole world. As well as to send another tool forward to find out where the anathema written tome is hidden. Supposedly contains secrets on sorcery and demons. This boy would be easier to follow then a Sorcererous if she had turned or one working directly for the college seeking to bypass the faiths censors, "There are rumors that your dear mistress is coming here or is already here searching for a book of sorcery. If you found it maybe you could see her again. I could arrange it for certain if you bring the book to me."

Sky considers the words and smiles slightly, "I am extremely busy but..." Rember the words about not lying, "Im sure I will add the search for a book to my list of goals. Do you know anything else about this book a name the history of it. Is this an object being smuggled through the city or another item that was lost when the city fell before the realm."

The Ledaal Taros smiles to himself considering how to answer, "I think its hidden hear. I would assume it was hidden long ago. If you remember the story of the sorcerer that used colored glasss as a method of controlling sorcery. I believe that could be a starting point."

Sky nods and thinks on the matter chosing to go find information on local history before cross referencing the material with his own magpie knowledge of realm approved history. "I will keep an eye on the issue. I think I should rejoin my friends. Be careful with the person you sent after this one. I have a source saying he is a very dangerous man. So are you Ledeel Taros." He waits for permission to leave and gets up making his way back to Siren and speaks softly back in Firetonge, "The Immaculate faith and one of the members of the family that control it have an interest in Desert as well." Skys face shows the emotion somewhere between worry, grief and hope.


OOC: Persuasion roll 9 Success.

10:26, Yesterday: Ascending Sky (C) rolled 9 successes using 11d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 10,7,3,1,6,9,7,8,10,1, 9.  Cha+Presence +3 Indefnite +2 from Exelancey Stunt not included.

Personel:0/13
Perphial 26/26
Willpower 10/10

Storyteller
 GM, 215 posts
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 16:35
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Does Demethea follow The Desert out of the bar?

Sky comes over and warns Siren about the immaculate faith and their interest in The Desert.  He mentions that he believes an associate of the faith is following him and so there is a chance that Demethea will be spotted if she follows as planned.

Does Sky or Siren warn Demethea?
Do you guys want to let him go?


Siren (C)
 player, 70 posts
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 06:02
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
She smiles and cheers with some others as the Desert announces the free drinks. Then Sky tells her of the others also looking into the Desert. Siren thinks quickly how to tell Demethea with out letting others suspect anything.

Suddenly Siren jumps up on the table. "A good drink calls for a good song. I like songs that tell a story. This one is about a Tiger stalking it's prey, but unknown to it there are other predators out in the jungle stalking the same prey. A song with a nice moral." She says with a laugh then goes into singing out the tale of the Tiger stalking then becoming the one who is stalked in return.

Siren (C) rolled 8 10 successes using 13d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 10,4,4,8,6,10,6,7,6,1 9,8,4,8.  Tiger Song.

Preform + Cha + stunt+ ex

Masterful Performance Exercise (2) Perfect Harmony Technique (3) Excel  (2)


She finishes the song with the Tiger not getting it's prey but not dieing to the other predators as well.
Storyteller
 GM, 240 posts
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 16:58
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Demethea takes your meaning and decides to go out the back. and try to circle around so as not to be seen.  Ultimately she loses The Desert and returns to you empty handed.

What do you decide to do now?

Siren, How much information do you think The Desert has about you and your friends?

Siren (C)
 player, 75 posts
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 05:59
Illustrious Pagoda of Triumphant Benediction - ICC
Siren curses a bit as she looks at the wine in her hands. "That old man is going to be trouble. Why did I take the job?" She wonders aloud and drinks the wine. Did he buy her story? Did it matter? He would surely come back seeking more answers or the stone its self. The odd old man knew a bit about her at least. There was no reason to approach a tavern and city entertainer with such a job. He also said her knew she could handle herself and she had friends. "I thought he might be apart of some sort of organization when I first ran into him." Her cold blue eyes looked at the rose liquid in her cup. It was intoxicating just like her powers were.

Her own Solar nature made her throw caution to the wind more then once. Still she had not been too obvious in any of her actions in the city to get wider attention then those who maybe saw her. The Desert probably though she was some sort of Dragonblood or Godblooded being. Her friends possibly the same. Surely he did not know their true nature. If he did why would one such as him seek her out? Also why couldn't she just go about preforming and causing enjoyment? This was not her cup of tea. Just as her mind went there though her eyes looking at the liquid seem tro glaze over as her minds shows her another scene all together.

She stood there on a cliff overlooking the great plane. On one side of the plane a large army of odd and twisted Fae approached self assured in its ability to consume all of creation. Closer below her was the few scant warriors she was able to gather for the coming storm. Still she seemed unphased by this. It an artful move her right hand went up and in a golden flash the violin appeared in her hand and the bow in the other. She swiftly brought it down and pulled the bow across the strings. The music that flowed out was soft and light but then it went impossibly deeper and louder. Her song could be heard everywhere in the soon to be battlefield some how. As if summoned by her song more warriors joined the ranks already gathered. The small army marched out to fight the Fae. They were unafraid by the horrors before them.

Then she began to sing along with her music and the lyrics told of the down fall of the Fae and the Unconquered Sun expanding creation to consume the court these Fae held from. The Fae army wavered as it no longer saw an army of mortals marching to meet them but beings of Divine light from the Unconquered Sun himself. Then still playing her music she was high in the air and landed at the head of her army. The Fae attacked but she dodged each strike like they were her dance partner and this was an elaborate and well practiced dance. From her bow and violin sharp sound waves came out shredding the Fae's lesser minions. Her own music seemed to make her allies weapon's stronger as they also cut into the Fae easily. Then she started glowing blindingly gold as her banner came out. Siren could almost see it's brilliance then she had to blink or go blind.

After she blinked Siren was once more in the Tavern. She sat back in a chair gathering her self for a few moments. Was that her? Was that what she could do? It was even more intoxicating and she felt like some one who had not drink in days. Her music could entertain, yes, but she could do so much more...