Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 132 posts
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 09:54
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
What was it like for you entering Champoor for the first time?  How long have you been in the city?  How have you been managing to eat? Where have you been sleeping?

You have made a few friends, but one has been a great blessing to you since you arrived.

Who is the person and how did u meet them?  What did they do specifically that was so beneficial since you first arrived?

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:55, Wed 01 Jan.

Storyteller
 GM, 162 posts
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 03:24
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
Jorax has said that he is leaving the details of their meeting to you, so please feel free to talk about it

How did you meet up with Jorax, did you both travel to the city together?
Bitter Leaf (DS)
 player, 11 posts
 Damage: B0L0A0
 Essence: 13/13+33/33
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 05:59
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
Bitter Leaf was dropped to the east of the city, with the eagle already flying off. She shouts a thanks, but she isn't sure the eagle hears. First, she digs out the artifacts from the dropping pile and attunes the artifacts. She manages to clean them off a little, but they still smell like crap. She puts on the armor anyway. No telling when the Hunt would be back. Then she looks to get her bearings. A nearby city. Shrouded in darkness. Well, it was probably better than the alternative. Champoor? Yeah, she was pretty sure this was Champoor. She trudges towards the city.

The guards wave her into the city, giving her a slight bow. Why? Ah, the artifacts. They must think she's... a Dynast? That might be helpful later. Now there were people hawking stuff at her and shouting at her. Did she have money? Crap, no she didn't. This area seemed kind of... shady anyway. Well, she kept moving and tried to look like she knew where she was going. She was hungry. Getting food in a city, how to do that? Something was at the edge of her mind. Bitter was sure she could do this, yet wasn't sure exactly how.

She activates food gathering exercise. It takes 3 motes and guarantees at least food for one person.   OOC: 01:21, Today: Bitter Leaf (DS) rolled 4 successes using 6d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 10,1,4,7,5,8.  Food Gathering Exercise (Cha+Survival+Spec).

First she finds a place offering free samples. Some sort of biscuit, with fruits and candies embedded. She picks out the candies, since she knows they aren't good. Then someone is chatting her up and offering her more. She just nods along on instinct, and in an hour she is rather quickly leaving with a pack of food gifted to her. She heads off trying to fake a purpose, and is picking out the "bad stuff" from the food. In a moment of reflection she concludes that place was a drug den and the candies were some sort of addictive poison. Guild connection?

While in her thoughts she bumps into a woman. The woman introduces herself as Shadow Tulip. It takes about five minutes of attempted innuendo for Shadow Tulip to speak plainly. Shadow Tulip is a Sorceress who has pledged herself to Mara and has a place for Bitter to sleep or hide. Mara was apparently tossing Bitter Leaf a little bit of free assistance. Bitter Leaf accepts the offer. It turns out to be in the basement of one of the nearby low tier brothels. But its a place to sleep. She collapses in the bed offered.

She wakes up 12 hours later.  She did not get much sleep when traveling by giant eagle talon. One of the workers is outside the room with orders to help get her new clothes, to clean her armor, to get a bath etc. In other words, to make her look presentable and not a bloody, poop covered mess.

Shadow Tulip ends up pointing her to a new place. Potential for room and board, and maybe she'd even be able to lay low and hide until she's ready to shake the world. Shadow Tulip thinks that hiding out in a secret temple of Mara might not actually be the best place to hide from the Wyld Hunt.

Bitter Leaf is walking to the new... resturant? When she hears Jorax calling her. She spins when she hears the voice. Her lover. "Blaze?"   No, that's not right at all. "Your not Blaze? I mean... do I know you?" she asks the man.

OOC: Hoped that worked. Should Jorax wander into this thread? I think that makes sense?
Jorax Swain (DS)
 player, 12 posts
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 02:01
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
Jorax looks at Bitter Leaf's face for a moment, a look almost as if he was stunned on his own face. "Blaze? No...I am Jorax. A mutual friend told me you would be arriving in Champoor." As he speaks he seems to compose himself a bit. "Apparently Whispers, the one who dropped you off felt I should meet you. apparently she felt it would beniffit us both."

Looking around at the passers by he shook his head before looking back at her. "Perhaps the street is not the best for this. Would you care for something to eat or drink, there are several places nearby. Getting to know each other ....easier that way don't you think?"
Bitter Leaf (DS)
 player, 14 posts
 Damage: B0L0A0
 Essence: 13/13+33/33
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 20:32
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
Bitter has conflicting thoughts. On one hand there is a strain of paranoia. There has to be a limit to the conveniently helpful people she'll run into. On the other hand... there is something drawing her to Jorax. Logically, that's probably not the best reason to trust someone. But it feels right. And he apparently knew who saved her. Maybe time to roll the dice once more?

Her stomach rumbles. Crap, when did she last eat? That settles it. More free food. "Ah, yeah. She saved my life from... yeah, let's get off the street. Did you have a place in mind? I'm sort of new here.
Jorax Swain (DS)
 player, 13 posts
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 01:03
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
Nodding and pointing down the street, "There is a descent pastries shop a block that way, excellent jam fillings with spices form the Eastern Forests."

He turns an points in a different direction, "That way, Oh about 15 minutes is a great little place near the river, excellent fish, wrapped in banana leaves and baked."

Thinking for a second he points in a different direction yet again, "Ofer that way, oh maybe 15 minutes walk id Mama's Noodle Emporium. Best stir fried noodles in sesame sauce, really great."

He starts to point in another direction and stops, a slightly embarrassed look flashing across his face. "As you can guess, I like good food. The pastries are close and excellent or if there is anyplace you know and prefer we can go there. But at some point try Mama's noodles."
Bitter Leaf (DS)
 player, 18 posts
 Damage: B0L0A0
 Essence: 13/13+15/23
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 03:02
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
"Hmm... let's go to the Noodle shop. I don't have any money though, soo... totally new here, so I don't actually know anywhere to eat."
Jorax Swain (DS)
 player, 15 posts
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 16:39
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
With a nod and a large smile that felt surprisingly natural, Jorax pointed the way and started walking.
"I think you will like Mama's, it doesn't look like it is all that, just an open hall with lots of windows to let in the breeze and the light such as it is. But the food is excellent, the service is good, and the tables are positioned far enough apart for good conversation without being in your neighbor's lap."

As they mad the walk he continued talking, finding it surprisingly easy, natural even to relax with Bitter Leaf.

"So, Whispers-In-the-Leaves, the one that helped you make your way here...she said we have a connection of some sort. That we are 'meant' to work together. I guess I should introduce myself a little better. I am Jorax Swain, originally from the Eastern scavenger lands, I have set up a small healing hall here in Champoor. Over in the Catta district to be specific. I have been here for about a month so far, so the city is still new to me as well though I am learning it. Ah! There it is, Mama's is the turquoise blue building right there.""

He points at a building painted a cheery shade of blue with wide awnings over side porches with a long central hall and what you would guess is the food preparation area in the back.
Bitter Leaf (DS)
 player, 20 posts
 Damage: B0L0A0
 Essence: 13/13+15/23
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 02:01
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
Bitter heads towards an open table in the back. She doesn't want to be too close to the streets with her poorly concealed artifacts. "A healing hall? That sounds interesting. I'm not an expert on healing. My uh, education didn't touch on that. It did include some sorcery so... " she shakes her head. Pausing  She's giving too much away, but it feels right. Also she's oddly interesting in people suffering and dying in the healing hall which is weird. Her Exaltation whispers something about Mara corrupting people as she teaches them, but she isn't sure if that's trustworthy. She decides she should operate on the assumption both are corrupting influences.

She paused for maybe five seconds now lost in her own thoughts. She continues explaining despite her doubts. Jorax somehow seems more trustworthy than herself at the moment. "I'm not exactly sure how much I could manage. I could probably kill anyone who is giving you trouble, thanks to my archery education."
Jorax Swain (DS)
 player, 16 posts
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 23:28
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
Jorax smiled at Bitter Leaf.
"well, I hope we can avoid that being needed. I try to avoid needing people killed. But in a city like this, it will probably happen."

Looking around for a moment taking in the foot traffic and noises of the city he sighs.
"I don't know where you are from, but a city like this, it is deceptive. People talk about civilization...philosophers talk about it...cities like this one, they are dangerous. It is like the emerald death caterpillar out East, it doesn't like bad, until
l you have already brushed against it. And then you froth at the mouth and die.

This city is like that. There are a lot of factions, a lot of secrets, and al lot of people getting power from those secrets and factions. The rules are different and that makes it easy to make mistakes that will draw attention or reactions that will put you in danger.

Be careful here.


Smiling at the wiater when he brought the steaming bowls of noodles he back looked over at Bitter Leaf.

"you should like this, sesame oil fried noodles, with green onions and peppers and an egg fries in.

People like us, gifted, chosen...Anathema...we can draw a lot of attention quickly. Fear or a desire to use our power, either way it brings attention. Whispers-in-the-Leaves sent me here because of our bond, the connection between sun and moon, it will make s better at helping the other. At least that is the theory."

Bitter Leaf (DS)
 player, 24 posts
 Damage: B0L0A0
 Essence: 13/13+15/23
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 19:45
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
"Ugh, you'd think the people who fear us would move away, and wait- you're Anathema too? Wait, what type? One of the shapeshifters? Or the sunny types? Or the ones that lead armies of corpses? Actually, I'm not sure if that one is officially an Anathema." then she whispers "I'm a sun type. Solar I think is the proper name." She then realizes she probably should have started whispering sooner. Then she digs into the noodles. "This is good!"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:46, Sat 18 Jan.

Storyteller
 GM, 182 posts
Sun 19 Jan 2020
at 03:19
Bitter Leaf - Safety and Security (DS)
Gain 1 exp