RY 767, Ascending Water: Birth of a Nation (DS)   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 195 posts
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 00:05
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
16:33, Today: Storyteller, on behalf of Golden Lion (DS), rolled 3 successes using 7d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 10,6,4,6,5,6,8.  Command BG roll (Char + War).

16:37, Today: Storyteller, on behalf of Golden Lion (DS), rolled 6 successes using 8d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 8,6,6,4,10,10,1,8.  Strategic Maneuver (Int + War).


Gathering your weapon from below deck, you prepare your men.  You explain what is about to happen and you regret it, but it is necessary. (Successful command battle roll)  You further go on to outline your strategy for the coming battle.  That they are to take alive any who would follow you before they knew their lives were on the line. (Battle Strategy - Take prisoners: a portion of magnitude loss is men surrendering who you think will be loyal to you once the battle is over)

With your instructions given, you stride out onto the deck.  The leader of your men quickly gathering and relaying the information.  You turn and see the captain with his men staring down at you.  He draws his cutlass with one hand and points at you, with the other he draws a flame piece.  The battle has begun.

-----------

16:49, Today: Secret Roll: Storyteller, on behalf of Golden Lion (DS), rolled 3 successes using 6d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 5,8,8,3,9,2.  Join Battle (Wits + Awareness).

16:51, Today: Storyteller, on behalf of Golden Lion (DS), rolled 4 successes using 6d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 4,6,5,7,10,8.  Join Battle (Wits + Awareness).

Golden Lion JB:3 Init:6

GL BG JB:4
Size:12  Drill:Average  Might:0  Magnitude:8
Attack:910  Damage:1213  Defense:3  Soak:78    Edited due to being size 2

Captain JB:5 Init:8

First Mate JB:4 Init:7

Pirate Battle Group JB:3
Size:2  Drill:Average  Might:0  Magnitude:9
Attack:9  Damage:12  Defense:3  Soak:7


The Captain aims his flame piece at you and fires. (1) (You are close range)

The Flame piece erupts but the magical material of your armor repels any damage.

The First Mate also has a flame piece he has pulled, and and fires at you. (5)

This time you begin to feel the burn as the flame heats up your skin through the magical material.

1 initiate damage.  GL Init:5

It is your turn as well as your battle groups turn.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:28, Tue 21 Jan.

Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 21 posts
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 01:44
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Golden Lion lunges at the Captain, swinging his huge blade in real combat for the first time since found it, trusting in his men to subdue the rest of the crew as he fights the two officers.  His first swing goes wide, but he is now next to the two men, engaging them in a melee.

As he engages the officers, his men form a tight knot, moving to fight the crew, subduing some and killing others.

Withering attack against the captain, spending 6 personal essence on excellency

17:34, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 3 successes using 12d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 5,6,5,2,3,5,2,4,6,10, 4,7.  GL Withering Attack with Excellency.

GL BG against the crew:

17:37, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 9 successes using 9d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 6,9,8,10,10,3,8,10,2.  GL BG Withering Attack.

17:43, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 4 successes using 11d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 10,2,3,8,8,3,6,5,4,2, 1.  GL BG Damage (12 +6 over threshhold -7 soak.

My BG is actually size 2 because of War God Descendent (that's basically what the Charm does)



Edited due to BG being size 2, no successes on +1 attack roll, no success on +1 damage roll.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:30, Tue 21 Jan.

Storyteller
 GM, 197 posts
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 03:10
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Captain
Init:9  Attack:9  Damage:12
Defense- Parry:4  Soak:6

First Mate
Init:9  Attack:8  Damage:12
Defense- Parry:3  Soak:6

Golden Lion
Init:5

GL BG
Size:2  Drill:Average  Might:0  Magnitude:9
Attack:10  Damage:13  Defense:3  Soak:8
Damage:0/9

Pirate Battle Group JB:3
Size:2  Drill:Average  Might:0  Magnitude:9
Attack:9  Damage:12  Defense:3  Soak:7
Damage:4/9


You rush up the stairs at the captain swinging your massive blade.  Despite its size, the captain uses his cutlass to angle your swing away causing it to shower the deck in splinters as your sword carves out a huge chunk of the deck.

Your men, although numerically inferior, fight with the ferocity of 10 men each, evening the odds considerably. (Effectively size 2)  They take the other crew unaware with their skill and determination leading a charge and wounding or killing many of those nearest them.

Recap from previous post.

-------


Now that you are in close the Captain snarls at you, "Yer not the first to try and take my ship from me boy!"

20:50, Today: Storyteller rolled 6 successes using 9d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 6,3,7,10,1,2,7,1,10.  Captain melee attack.

Damage 12+3=15 (-11)soak = 4
1 success


His sword, lightning quick compared to your gigantic blade slashes in scraping off your armor before you can parry. (1dmg)

The first mate tries to take advantage of the opportunity by circling away from the captain, but the ship is small and he is unable to do much. (1a)

The crew of the ship gather their wits and begin to fight back! (6a) 15-8= 7
Their numbers are hard to ignore and despite their best efforts suffer the sting of swords as blood is shed by your men! (6dmg)

Captain
Init:10  Attack:9  Damage:12
Defense- Parry:4  Soak:6

First Mate
Init:9  Attack:8  Damage:12
Defense- Parry:3  Soak:6

Golden Lion
Init:4

GL BG
Size:2  Drill:Average  Might:0  Magnitude:9
Attack:10  Damage:13  Defense:3  Soak:8
Damage:6/9

Pirate Battle Group JB:3
Size:2  Drill:Average  Might:0  Magnitude:9
Attack:9  Damage:12  Defense:3  Soak:7
Damage:4/9

Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 22 posts
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 05:34
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Golden Lion doesn't flinch at the hits he's taking.

"Perhaps not, but I will be the last!"

He swings his massive blade again, putting all his strength and frustration into the blow.

On the deck below, his men, who were not expecting much resistance from the sailors, realize that these are not ordinary sailors, and their fighting spirit rises in response to the unexpected resistance.

Regain 5 motes

21:09, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 6 successes using 12d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 6,10,1,6,9,3,1,1,9,8,5,7.  GL Withering Attack with Excellency, spending one WP and 6 motes.

(+1 success for WP)

21:13, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 6 successes using 14d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 1,2,8,2,10,5,1,7,8,5,1,3,4,8.  Withering damage 16 +4 over threshold -6 soak.

oops, rolled one die too many, taking off the last takes off one damage.

6 damage to the captain (would be 5 but sword is Overwhelming 6)

[down 6 essence, down 1 wp]


21:21, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 7 successes using 10d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 9,1,2,8,7,9,8,8,9,3.  GL BG Withering Attack.

21:24, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 4 successes using 9d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 3,1,1,3,6,7,9,9,8.  GL BG Damage (12 +4 over threshhold -7 soak.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:35, Tue 21 Jan.

Storyteller
 GM, 205 posts
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 22:03
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Overwhelming is the minimum number of dice you can roll, not the minimum number of damage dealt.  This means that regardless of soak lowering your damage dice pool to less than 6, you will always roll at least 6 damage dice.  This means that you did in fact deal 5 damage to the captain, not 6.  Also, the damage of your battle group is 13, not 12 so i rolled your extra dice.  +1 success


Captain
Init:6  Attack:9  Damage:12
Defense- Parry:4  Soak:6

First Mate
Init:9  Attack:8  Damage:12
Defense- Parry:3  Soak:6

Golden Lion
Init:8  Attack:6  Damage:16
Defense- Parry:3  Soak:11

GL BG
Size:2  Drill:Average  Might:0  Magnitude:9
Attack:10  Damage:13  Defense:3  Soak:8
Damage:6/9

Pirate Battle Group JB:3
Size:1  Drill:Average  Might:0  Magnitude:8
Attack:8  Damage:11  Defense:3  Soak:6
Damage:0/9


15:58, Today: Secret Roll: Storyteller failed (no successes) using 4d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 2,3,6,1.  Pirate BG route check

The zeal of the men of Golden Lion rising to the overwhelming odds manages to cow the crew.  Many of whom didnt have much of a stomach for fighting in the first place.  They lay down their arms in surrender.  The men all stop and watch the battle between you, the Captain and the First Mate.

Golden Lion swings his blade around in a circle, using his all to gain powerful momentum.  The captain tries to parry, but the force of the blow carries through and sends him flying into the railing.  The breath clearly knocked out of him, he rolls past you slicing at the joints between your armor as he tries to gain some distance.  His sword rings out as it fails to do more than scratch your armor.

15:47, Today: Storyteller rolled 5 successes using 9d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 10,4,1,9,10,1,2,6,6.  Captains melee attack.

Damage = 1 success


Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 23 posts
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 00:14
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Pressing his advantage, Golden Lion turns and lunges after the Captain, raising his blade overhead and bringing it down into a massive strike at the man in his low position.


Regain 5 essence

16:09, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 5 successes using 12d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 5,5,4,1,6,3,2,10,7,4,10,6.  GL Strike at Captain, 6 essence to excellency.

16:12, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 5 successes using 11d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 5,1,9,10,3,8,5,2,1,9,1.  GL Damage to Captain, 16 +1 over threshhold -6 soak.

Down 11 essence, down 1 wp

Storyteller
 GM, 208 posts
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 17:28
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)

Captain
Init:1  Attack:9  Damage:12
Defense- Parry:4  Soak:6

First Mate
Init:10  Attack:8  Damage:12
Defense- Parry:3  Soak:6

Golden Lion
Init:12  Attack:6  Damage:16
Defense- Parry:3  Soak:11

GL BG Size:2  Drill:Average  Might:0  Magnitude:9
Attack:10  Damage:13  Defense:3  Soak:8
Damage:6/9


11:13, Today: Storyteller rolled 4 successes using 8d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 1,8,6,8,8,5,9,2.  First Mate's attack.

Damage = 0


11:16, Today: Storyteller rolled 1 success using 9d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 6,9,5,3,4,3,6,4,2.  Captains melee attack.  Im still using his melee attack because he was only unarmed as part of the narrative.  He wasnt actually disarmed.


The captain is winded but sees his men begin to surrender and manages to yell out. "Cowards! Fight!"  Some of the men seem ashamed, but none move to pick up their swords.  The sight of you fighting two on one only serving to reinforce their decision to surrender.  Thats all he has time for as Golden Lion brings down his weapon in a arc meant to crush him.  The Captain turned the blow enough not to be cleaved in two, but his sword is sent sprawling across the deck.  He tries to kick you in the nuts, the kick not even managing to move your heavily armored form.  The First mate jumps in and swipes at your eyes with his blade, demanding your attention.  This allows the Captain to scramble over and pick up his weapon with shaky hands and rapid breathing.  The warring emotions of loyalty and fear play across the First Mates face.  You know the sense of duty he feels towards the Captain, a man who has led his crew through good times and bad.  He doesnt want to die, but his honor will not allow him to abandon the man.

Your men stand around cheering you on, not moving to help.  You can sense their desire to see you prevail, you can sense it in the men who have surrendered as well.  If you call for your men to help, other sailors will begin fighting again.  There is no doubt that your men will see the day, but at what cost?  Is the guarantee of success worth more spilled blood?

Do you call for your men to help you or do you continue on alone?
Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 24 posts
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 21:15
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
He cannot expect men to follow him if he will not fight his own battles.  This is a duel over the ship, between him and the Captain.  If the Captain has help, it is less than the help he needs to defeat a child of the Unconquered Sun.

Golden Lion doesn't dishonor this fight by thinking of mercy or interference.  Let it be over.  Golden Lion lunges after the captain as he scrambles after his sword, and brings his own blade down in a brutal chop, bringing the fight to an end.

Regain 5 essence

Decisive Attack

13:09, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 4 successes using 12d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 1,10,3,6,7,5,6,2,8,6,2,6.  GL Decisive attack, 6 essence spent on excellency.

I think successes = defense hits, right?  Assuming so:

13:14, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 4 successes using 12d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 7.  GL Decisive Attack damage, rolling init - no double 10s so using WOD dice.

Down 12 essence, down 1 wp


Storyteller
 GM, 212 posts
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 00:15
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Success = defense.

The Captain is on his hands and knees scrambling for his sword as you charge over with your sword.  He manages to spin on his butt and raise his sword just in time to block your ruthless assault.  His angle doesnt allow him to deflect the blow, but rather takes the brunt of it straight on for the first time.  The inferior metal is no match for the magically infused power of the grand daiklave and the cutlass breaks under the strain.  The sharpness of your weapon, despite its size, is as fine as any knife.  You pull your blade out of the deck where it was partially lodged and blood drips off the end.  Holding himself together with both hands as best he can, the blood is pouring onto the deck beneath the Captain.  Still, you've seen men live from worse.  "Go on then.  Finish it.  Let everyone see you for the mutinous traitor you are."  His words are accompanies by red specks and ring out across the ship.  The First Mate has lost all stomach for fighting, his sword hanging at his side.  The entire ship is silent, waiting to see what you do.

What do u do?
Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 25 posts
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 00:59
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Golden Lion knows he should end this, but he can't bring himself to do it.  He did not come all this way just to kill mortals defending what is theirs.

Knowing he is a fool for doing so, he speaks anyway, loudly enough to be heard by all.  By now his aura is flaring, and he is surrounded by golden light, in the shape of a majestic lion.

I am no traitor!  When did I swear loyalty to you?  I broke no oath.  But I am not a murderer.  Bend your knee.  Swear on whatever you hold dearest to be loyal to me for the rest of your days.  Because we fought honorably and I won fairly.




Regain 5 essence?

Instilling something like "He beat me and he is the better man, so I follow him."  With listener-swaying argument.

16:48, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 4 successes using 9d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 7,2,3,8,4,5,7,8,3.  Presence + Cha/Man (same) to instill loyalty + 1 temp WP spent.

Six successes total

Down 10 essence, down 2 wp

This message was last edited by the player at 00:59, Thu 23 Jan.

Storyteller
 GM, 213 posts
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 01:46
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
A man in a stronger position with his insides still on his inside, might have been able to muster a cogent counter argument.  As it is, the Captain nods his head in acquiescence, (bending the metaphorical knee) and swears. He is getting noticeably paler, and is in need of medical attention.

About one quarter of the original crew is dead and most of your men have various injuries, but none life threatening.  Of the crew that is alive and surrendered, you think about half would have joined you before the battle began, and half surrendered because they didnt want to die.


You have a few hours at your current speed before The Lucky Penny is to meet up with The Athene.

What do you do?
Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 26 posts
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 04:52
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Golden Lion immediately calls for the ship's doctor to attend to the captain, and tells the Bosun to get the men back to work, allowing the wounded ones to rest until the doctor can see to them.

While that happens, he stays near the Captain, and asks the First Mate what he knows of The Athene.
Storyteller
 GM, 224 posts
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 23:57
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
The ship doctor is not equipped to handle a wound of such severity. The captain is taken below deck but the doctor doesn't look optimistic and tells you as much.  The Captain quickly loses consciousness.

The first mate knows only that they were going to meet up with this other ship in order to receive a shipment. Any other details the Captain had kept to himself.
Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 27 posts
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 04:18
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Upon hearing the mate inform him of his lack of knowledge, Golden Lion rushes below.  Releasing his previously bound essence, he binds the power of healing to himself.  His aura aglow, he touches the captain, and takes some of his injury onto himself, face stoic.  Turning to the doctor, he asks, "Is this enough?  I need to speak with him for a little time, but afterward he can rest."  As he speaks, he removes his breastplate, revealing the fresh wounds beneath.  "When you have finished with him, bandage me."

Un-committing motes from War God Descendant, then using Power Granting Prana to gain Wound-Accepting Technique.  (Uncommitting and recommitting 13 motes)

Spending 6 essence and 2 wp to take two health levels of wounds from the captain to myself.

Sheet updated with current expenditures.


If the captain is able to regain consciousness, Lion will ask him about the Athene.

Essence 0/13 | 9/10
WP 3/7
Wounds 2

This message was last edited by the player at 17:07, Tue 28 Jan.

Storyteller
 GM, 231 posts
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 01:47
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
The tearing of your flesh as it's essence is ripped away to heal The Captain doesnt hurt much, although it is deeply disturbing to experience.  There is an aching when it is completed.  The doctor is in awe watching the wounds of The Captain mend before his very eyes.  There is a noticeable rubor that returns to his skin as the essence infuses his body.  His eyes flutter open and he sees you.

Further questioning reveals what he knows about the Athene.  It is a slave ship bound for Phos.  Someone powerful has risen and taken over Uthala.  Uthala is a shadowland, a city that fell to a horrific curse leaving the land barren and difficult to farm.  The people there led meager lives, struggling to survive day to day.  Someone has been restoring the city.  Trade ships have begun sailing with supplies being imported.  The Athene is one such ship.  The Lucky Penny is to deliver their goods to the Athene, and come home simple.  What everyone doesnt know, is that he was supposed to bring a special package with him back to Champoor, take some of his time off at a local bar called the Devil's Maw and someone would find him.  In return for the delivering the letter he would receive the other half of the payment.  They paid half upfront.  Hes not supposed to mention it to anyone, including any of his crew.  But since you did save his life instead of letting him die, he supposed he owes you that much at least.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:48, Wed 29 Jan.

Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 28 posts
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 07:33
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Are you saying something is fighting against the shadow?  Or is the Athene feeding the shadow?  And... is she going to be full of slaves?

Golden Lion realizes how foolish he was not to inspect the sorcerous mark he bears sooner, but he inspects it now, while his breastplate is off.

Trying to understand the Mark just from skilled inspection.
Storyteller
 GM, 236 posts
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 12:51
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
You try and observe the tattoo as best you can, and it feels very much like a tattoo.  It is perhaps raised a bit more than is usual to the touch, but other than that looks and feels in all other ways like a tattoo.  The captain doesnt know anything more than what he has told you.  He knows a little bit of the rumors that have been going around about Uthala, which he shared, and he knows that The Athene is from Uthala, which he shared.  He doesnt know if the ship will be full of slaves or not.  He does know that the slaves are bound for Phos.  That the Rakasha noble named Pasha Othoss, buys them at a very good price apparently.  But he doesnt know if they will be meeting the ship before or after it has off loaded its cargo.
Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 29 posts
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 18:14
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Frustrated at his own foolishness for not inspecting the mark when he had more time, Golden Lion redons his armor.  He tells the captain to come up as soon as he can walk, then he goes up on deck to wait.  While they travel, he inspects the men, and determines who are the healthiest and best fighters, and who are the minimum needed to crew the ship, or too injured to fight.  To the former, he has weapons issued.  To all, he explains that they will be trading the cargo as normal, but if and when he attacks, those of them who are armed are to try and take the ship.

When they meet the other ship, the former captain will be leading the interaction, so that he can exchange his message, and to lull the Athene into a false sense of security while Lion tries to figure out what the heck is going on.  He will be by the Captain's side, acting as bodyguard.  The Captain knows that Golden Lion is planning to attack, and it is his choice whether he fights or not, given his wounds, Lion values him as more than a soldier and has told him so.  Lion still hasn't made up his mind what exactly he's going to do; if it seems he may be working against another Solar, he will not, but in most other circumstances he will likely try to take the Athene.


Un-committing motes from Wound-Accepting Technique, then using Power Granting Prana to gain   War God Descendant.  (Uncommitting and recommitting 13 motes)

Not sure how much essence regained in the interim, below assumes none.

Essence 0/13 | 9/10
WP 3/7
Wounds 2
Sorcerous Motes 4

This message was last edited by the player at 18:45, Wed 29 Jan.

Storyteller
 GM, 254 posts
Sun 2 Feb 2020
at 02:37
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
You would have received at least 10 motes (5 per hour)

The first thing that comes into view over the horizon is a dead tree.  A black outline of a dead tree painted as the ships flag.  Signs of death are spotted easily as the two ships come closer.  Skeletally thin, skin stretched too tight over their faces, bloated like a corpse in water, dark black rings under their eyes, unhealthy pallor... all these and more are evident among the crew.  Still, you spot the motions of skilled sailors easily enough.  The Athene is a larger ship, their crew easily closer to 100.  the holds below capable of holding a large number of slaves.

As the ships close and dock, the Captain of the Athene, a man named Yemi, calls Serth (your Captain) from across the water asking who someone wielding such impressive armaments is, and what he is doing on Serth's ship.  The Captain explains that you are a bodyguard, but Yemi seems incredulous.  He begins asking pointed questions about how you came to be his bodyguard and for what purpose.  The Captain tries to answer the questions vaguely enough but it is clear to you that his answers will quickly become insufficient.

What do you do?
Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 34 posts
Mon 3 Feb 2020
at 01:52
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Golden Lion puts his hand on the captains shoulder, and speaks in his ear, "May I?  Just nod."

After the captain nods, Golden Lion raises his voice to address the other ship.

"Captain Yemi!  My presence is to do you honor!  Captain Serth's employers have heard of your mighty ship and her reputation, my presence here is only to ensure that things go peacefully.  You have a mighty ship and a fearsome reputation, it was perhaps overcautious of them, but they thought that a mighty bodyguard might even the tables to keep everything peaceful and orderly.  I trust you, and Captain Serth trusts you, but his employers are... well... a bit paranoid, to be honest!  We are all friendly professionals here, so don't worry!  Let's complete our business and both be on our way!"




17:49, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 5 successes using 18d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 6,3,1,9,8,5,2,4,1,10, 4,4,3,4,3,2,8,6.  Instilling intimacy - Golden Lion can be trusted - 9 motes on excellency.

Essence 1/13 | 9/10
WP 3/7
Wounds 2
Sorcerous Motes 6

Storyteller
 GM, 262 posts
Mon 3 Feb 2020
at 02:19
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Captain Yemi nods as the force of your words convince him.  The hooks are tossed, the boats pulled close together and planks lain across.  Per your instructions, then men of your ship begin taking the supplies across to the other ships deck, where their crew begin hauling it below into the holds.  As you cross over onto the Athene, Captain Yemi motions for you to stay as he indicates Serth should come closer.

What do u do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:32, Mon 03 Feb.

Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 35 posts
Mon 3 Feb 2020
at 04:29
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Lion will stay where he is, playing along with the captain for now; but as soon as anyone makes a hostile move, or as soon as the captain receives the letter, he will leap into action.
Storyteller
 GM, 263 posts
Mon 3 Feb 2020
at 12:31
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
The Captains talk for a minute before Yemi hands over the letter to Serth.

Go ahead and roll a join battle and make any other preparations.  You will have the first round due to ambush.

Golden Lion (DS)
 player, 36 posts
Tue 4 Feb 2020
at 05:23
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Golden Lion crouches for a quick moment, then lunges forward - one step, another, unslinging his great spear as he picks up speed, then he leaps forward and lets out a full-throated bellow, a shining golden figure flying through the air, roaring like a lion, his full weight and movement behind a massive spearthrust at Captain Yemi.

20:46, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 4 successes using 6d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 1,7,4,9,1,10.  Join Battle.

Taking stunt 2.

21:09, Today: Golden Lion (DS) rolled 8 successes using 14d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 1,10,4,4,6,5,10,10,9,4, 9,1,6,5.  GL Withering Attack, 6 motes for excellency, 2 dice and one success for 2-pt. stunt.

9 successes total.  Not rolling damage cause don't know threshold/soak.  Base damage 16.


Regain 1 wp
Regain 5 essence


Essence 0/13 | 9/10
WP 4/7
Wounds 2
Sorcerous Motes 6

This message was last edited by the player at 05:24, Tue 04 Feb.

Storyteller
 GM, 268 posts
Sun 9 Feb 2020
at 23:14
Golden Lion - Birth of a Nation (DS)
Taken by surprise, Captain Yemi barely has time to recognize what is happening before you are lunging with your weapon, cleanly impaling him through the heart.  His death is instantaneous.  The rest of your men lunge into action as well, the other crew put up a modicum of resistance, but the death of their captain demoralizes most of them and they are quickly subdued.

Below deck there is a ship full of shackled men, women and children.  They all have the hanuted, deathly look about them similar to the crew.  There are about 100 people packed in close quarters.

What do you do once you have control of the ship?