Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 130 posts
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 09:37
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
02:18, Today: Storyteller, on behalf of Demethea (C), rolled 2 successes using 3d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 1,5,10.  Per + Awareness.

02:50, Today: Storyteller, on behalf of Demethea (C), rolled 3 successes using 3d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 8,8,9.  Join Battle (Wits + Awareness).

Demethea starting Initiative = 6 (3+3)


The room appears to be empty and the man is across the room standing at the ready, but without a weapon drawn.  So the sudden appearance of 2 men rushing at you from either side takes you by surprise.  Up close with their cloaks open, you can see they are dressed as men of the guard with their truncheons drawn.

Guard 1 Join battle = 7 (4+3)
Guard 2 Join battle = 4 (1+3)

The first guard launches a sweeping strike meant to cave in your chest.  Or failing that, force you backwards further off balance.  Clearly they are unprepared for the strength of Tiger Mask, you step into the blow, using your arm to parry the attack.  Too late you notice, that his truncheon sparkles in the torchlight.  It has been decorated with tiny little speckles of glass embedded in the weighted end.  Instead of the expected ring of the truncheon clanging off your bronze skin you cry out in surprise, a tiny cut drawn where the truncheon caught your skin as you parried the attack.  You watch as a few droplets of blood pool before falling to the ground.  They are using magical weapons!

6 damage, Demethea: Init = 0 (6-6)
Guard 1: Init = 13 (7+6)

The second guard fully taking advantage of both your surprise and being on your back foot does a spinning attack, driving you away from the corridor and towards the middle of the room.

10 damage, Demethea: Init = -10 (0-10)
Guard 2: Init = 14 (4+10)


You dive awkwardly and sprawl, clumsily getting to your feet after narrowly avoiding the blow.  They are circling away from each other, forcing you split your attention two different ways.  These are not your run of the mill guardsmen.  They attack with ruthless efficiency and work together as a team. They remind you of teams in the gladiator pits.

"You are under arrest by order of the Tri-khan.  That's two, surrender now.  The man's soft, yet piercing voice carries to your ear as he holds up 2 fingers.  He draws a second set of manacles and tosses them at your feet. He draws his weapon, but otherwise continues to lean against the wall, both at the ready and at ease at the same time.

What do u do?

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:50, Wed 01 Jan.

Demethea (C)
 player, 62 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 11:41
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Demethea doesn't bother dignifying him with a reply. Instead, she gauges the distance between her attackers and the nearest exit, and the man leaning against the wall.

Then - she makes her retreat, faking a charge at the man, then immediately fading away from his lackeys' truncheons and heading for the tunnel she took in. She makes sure to drag her boots along the ground to throw up as much dust as possible as she disengages.

OOC:
Demethea disengages, rolling Dex + Dodge vs everyone else's Dex + Athletics and spending 2 motes of personal Essence on the roll.
19:38, Today: Demethea (C) rolled 7 successes using 12d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 8,10,3,8,8,1,2,9,7,6,1,2.  Disengage (Dex 5 Dodge 3 Stunt 2 Ex 2).

If that gets her to short range from her attackers, she'll use Monkey Leap Technique (2m, from Personal) to draw the distance out to Medium and then take the withdraw action. She'll try and bait them across difficult terrain to make it harder for them to catch up.

Storyteller
 GM, 135 posts
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 13:19
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
These guys are good, but Tiger Mask is better.  Your skills in the gladiatorial pits serve you well.  You pull the power of essence to fuel you further, reaching new heights.  The dirt you kick up distracts them as well, and just like that u have created some distance.

You are at short range, but cannot use monkey leap due to the environment. It is claustrophobic with lots of twisting corners and level changes.

Your instinct is to use your gift to leap great distances, but these men chose their venue well.  It is clear they have been studying you and took time to prepare.  They chase after you single file. The guard in the lead tries to close the distance but fails.  Leading them over difficult terrain has paid off and you are able to keep your lead.

Short distance
Demethea Init: -12 =(-10-2) (Disengage costs 2i)  Essence: 11/13  28/28

They continually try to close the distance, but your superior athletics combined with your essence fueled actions make it a futile task.

07:10, Today: Secret Roll: Storyteller rolled 1 success using 1d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 9.  Essence use.  I am assuming you personal essence first, if not adjust it as appropriate.

Demethea Init: -12   Essence 2/13 (-9)  28/28

You emerge from the depths sweating, but feeling energized with the glory of your power.  You can easily withdraw from this battle at this point by jumping onto buildings if you so choose.
Demethea (C)
 player, 64 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 16:08
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Cool relief washes over Demethea as she emerges from the tunnels, and with the suddenly-expanded range of mobility this afford her, she leaps to a nearby building - but she stops short of leaving.

They had set a trap for her, utilized the fact that she wouldn't leave kids alone to lure her into a confined place and then they had tried to take her from surprise. But they had made three fatal mistakes. The first was that they had not subdued her immediately when they held all the cards. The second was that they had used kids against her. And the third is that they were not hunting a mere tiger; they were going up against someone who had shown restraint and respect for their station as lawmen.

As of now, there was no reason for her to hold back any more. Wrath burns inside her, paradoxically cold as she watches the tunnel exit from the shadows, waiting for the men to emerge. Even in her anger, she is not a ravening beast. She will see who has set this trap for her, and then she will hunt them.

OOC:
Demethea wants to make sure she has the descriptions of the people who tried to bust her. THen she's going to start asking around about them among the kid gangs to see who she's going up against. She'd love to know names, places of residence, patrol beats, friends, allies, things and people that he cherishes. That said, she's not going to trust the kids that easily; if he could buy one of them off, he could have bought all of them off.

Storyteller
 GM, 137 posts
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 23:28
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Its more difficult than you think to get the descriptions of the men as they come out of the pit.  The two guards you managed to see face to face. You have a pretty good idea of what they look like and make an effort to commit it to memory.

17:20, Today: Storyteller, on behalf of Demethea (C), rolled 1 success using 3d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 5,4,9.  Int + Investigation (Remember faces).  (Should it have been lore for the roll?)

The man with the raspy voice has yet to pull back his hood and you were unable to get a good look at his face.  They talk for a bit before splitting up and heading off into the night.  As the man with manacles is getting ready to leave you feel a slight breeze kick up.  He stands up straighter, then begins looking up towards the rooftops.  He turns slowly before facing in your general direction.  He latches his cloak around himself and continues to stare.

Do you do anything?
Demethea (C)
 player, 65 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 00:28
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Demethea calms her pounding heart, made strangely easier by the fact that she knows they are her nemeses. She must be as a stalking tiger, the ghost and the darkness of the cruel savannahs. She has the feeling that this is a test of wills and she is not going to back down now.

OOC:
By the way, is his voice the same as the cop that Demethea rescued Boshune from?
Storyteller
 GM, 138 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 01:23
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
It is not the same voice as the younger guardsman.  It is of someone older and with a much deeper quality.  Or so you think... You can make a roll to try and be sure

You stare right back, unflinching.  The wind seems to be slowly increasing in intensity as you both stare at each other.  "Pride cometh before the fall." His deep voice somehow gentle and firm at the same time comes from behind you.  Spinning in surprise, expecting someone to be there, yet finding only an empty rooftop makes you feel foolish.  You can almost feel the smile through his words. "Im coming for you." The wind continues to rise in intensity, swirling around you.  Little bits of stone and debris clink off the back of your hands as your shield your eyes.  A tiny little prick from a sliver of glass, re-opening the wound on your arm from earlier causes a drop of your blood to float down towards him.  He reaches out and catches it with his finger, before tasting it.  Suddenly the wind stops completely, all the debris falls to the ground, and he brings a little crystal from his pocket causing a ringing for the city guard.
Demethea (C)
 player, 66 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 02:12
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
(edited)

This message was last edited by the player at 02:51, Thu 02 Jan.

Storyteller
 GM, 139 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 02:28
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Umm... Int + Investigation i think would be appropriate.

He stands there waiting, the crystal ringing out.

He hasnt made any move to start the battle, but he has called for more guards.

Are you going to initiate a confrontation?
Demethea (C)
 player, 67 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 02:51
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
"You got that right, asshole," Demethea says. She decides to finish things right now before more guards show up for the party. Her form blurs into motion, fading into shadow, before she suddenly appears right next to him and sends a flurry of punches into his cloaked form. Her arms seem to multiply as she punches into him, bobbing and weaving so each blow comes from an unpredictable angle, ending with a mighty falling backhand which seems to come from five different directions at once with bone-crushing and organ-liquefying force, spiking him straight down into the ground in an attempt to grind him into paste.

OOC:
Yeah, she's going to unload on him. I mean, everything's been leading to this so why the hell not.

Demethea uses Blinding Battle Feint (3m) and Perfect Shadow Stillness (1m, 1wp) to Join Battle.

JB roll is 11 dice + 2 stunt, preserving 10s and rerolling all dice that don't come up 10s.
10:19, Today: Demethea (C) rolled 5 successes using 13d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 8,6,7,2,4,3,10,5,4,4,6,6,7.  Stealth roll (13d).

Rerolling non 10 dice
10:20, Today: Demethea (C) rolled 5 successes using 11d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 1,5,7,10,4,8,5,3,2,8,3.  Rerolling non 10 dice.
10:20, Today: Demethea (C) botched using 1d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 1.  One more die.

Total of 7 successes on her JB roll, which  also doubles as a stealth roll. If that succeeds, she gets 1 wp back.

Initiative: 10
Personal 9/13
Peripheral 28/28
Willpower 5/6 (conditional +1 depending on stealth roll)

Demethea then uses a combination of Monkey Leap Technique (2m) and Thunderclap Rush Attack (3m) to cross up to 2 range bands to get to him. She then uses Rampage-Berserker Attack on (7m, 31i, 1wp) on the mysterious guy, enhanced by a full-pool Excellency for 10m. Each attack she makes is enhanced with Falling Hammer Strike (1m) which prevents any onslaught penalty she inflicts from fading.

Her withering attack roll is Dex 5 + Brawl 5 + Spec 1 + Weapon Accuracy 5  +10 excellency +2 stunt = 26 dice.

10:28, Today: Demethea (C) rolled 7 successes using 20d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 5,10,4,3,2,1,7,2,5,5,6,10,9,4,6,8,5,2,4,4.  Rampage Berserker Attack part 1.
10:29, Today: Demethea (C) rolled 4 successes using 6d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 8,10,1,6,8,1.  RBA part 2.
10:33, Today: Demethea (C) rolled 2 successes using 2d10 with the White Wolf Exalted system with a target of 7 with rolls of 10,2.  RBA stunt.

Total of 13 successes

If her stealth roll overcomes his awareness roll, he takes -2 to his Defense.
Every success over his defense inflicts one instance of 14 damage (Overwhelming 3) against him and each attack is enhanced by Falling Hammer Strike, which makes his onslaught penalty remain even if he can somehow ignore it (this is relevant for other Brawl Charms)

Initiative: 10+
Personal 0/13
Peripheral 25/28 (minus more depending on how many times Falling Hammer was used; she won't push his Defense below 0)
Willpower 4/6 (conditional +1 depending on stealth roll)
- Thunderclap Rush Attack expended (resets if she crashes him)
- Rampage-Berserker Attack expended

If she manages to crash him, she'll immediately use Heaven Fury Smite to reset her attack action and launch a decisive flurry with Hammer on Iron Technique (5m, 1wp), which evenly distributes her initiative among 5 attacks, adds initiative to each one so they each equal the highest, and then adds a further +1 to the damage roll for each successful strike. Then, each attack is enhanced by Ferocious Jab (1m), which adds damage to each attack equal to his current onslaught penalty.

Her decisive attacks roll 11 dice, possibly with +2 from a stunt. Remember that his Defense is still penalized thanks to Falling Hammer Strike and each attack in Hammer on Iron also inflicts its own onslaught penalty

Her last successful attack also includes a Heaven Thunder Hammer (7m) that will not only knock him prone if it generates at least 1 damage success, but which she will use to send him flying into nearby scenery. 3 successes on the damage roll means he suffers an impact like falling from a short height, 4 successes means he suffers an impact like falling from a medium height.

Falling damage ignores soak and hardness, instead being applied to the character's health track.
Short falls: 3B damage levels, 5B damage dice
Medium falls: 4L damage levels, 7B damage dice.

Initiative: 10+ (or 4, depending if the Hammer on Iron went through)
Personal 0/13
Peripheral 15/28 (minus more depending on how many times Falling Hammer was used; she won't push his Defense below 0, minus 7 if Heaven Thunder Hammer goes through)
Willpower 3/6 (conditional +1 depending on stealth roll)
- Thunderclap Rush Attack expended (resets if she crashes him)
- Rampage-Berserker Attack expended (resets if she kills him; she's going to do lethal damage with her decisive attacks)

After that, regardless of the result of the attack, she's going to withdraw from the battle. She'll spam Monkey Leap Technique (now costing 1m since it's continuous use) to jump away on rooftops.She's most definitely going to be bonfire anima at this point, but there isn't much she can do about that.


This message was last edited by the player at 02:59, Thu 02 Jan.

Storyteller
 GM, 141 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 03:25
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
So the first before i continue responding to your post, is that your essence is not full refreshed. You have "been in battle" only in the colloquial sense, you havent been fighting, youve been running, so no mote regeneration for that. You also havent been running/staring at this guy for an hour, so no mote regeneration that way.  Total time to get out of the crypt, and have the scene with the guy has maybe been... 5-15 minutes.

So if you want to continue exploding this guy, you are going pop your anima banner. do you want to do that?


Demethea Init: 0 (before you begin your join battle)   Essence 2/13  28/28
Demethea (C)
 player, 70 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 03:26
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
OOC:
She only spent 2 motes while running, she wasn't down to 2 motes. I was going by what you said in an earlier post. And she hasn't been using Essence in this story before the encounter in the cave. And yeah, she'll go bonfire but she doesn't care.
Storyteller
 GM, 142 posts
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 05:00
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Sorry if it wasnt clear, instead of rolling a bunch of back and forth resisted clash/disengage rolls i just rolled a die and said thats how much essence you used to escape ahead of everyone.  Its posted in the scene if you look back, but i might not have made it as clear as i thought i did.

Join battles = 13 (3+10 successes)

Total 13 successes to attack.

Enemy Defense = 5.  (5-2 due to surprise = 3)

Attack = +10.  = 10 x dmg(14).

Enemy Soak = 8 (Stam(3) + Armor(5)) = 10 x dmg(6) = +60 initiative

Demethea- Monkey Leap Technique (2m), Thunderclap Rush Attack (3m), Rampage-Berserker Attack (7m, 3i, 1wp), 10 Excellency =  (22m used)  Falling Hammer Strike 1m (23m used)

Demethea 70 Init, 2/13 28/28  (-23)  = 0/13 7/28 essence

Hammer on Iron Technique (5m 1wp)... 0/13 2/38 essence

At this point anything else is just overkill.  There seemed to be a lot of mistakes as i was going through working out how everything happened. Your mote usage and total tallies seemed to be off as i went through them.  We all need to try and be as clear and careful when we are posting all the mechanical bits.  Its a lot of work to have to go back and try to figure out why you got different numbers than i did while learning how all of the charms are interacting with each other.


Phantasmal arms sprout from your back as golden light explode into the sky lighting the entire area in sunlight. You proceed to literally smash this guy into pulp with your punches and kicks.  What remains of his body is broken and mangled inside a literal crater from the impact of your blows that rained down on him.  You would feel completely drained except all the combat has stirred up the surrounding essence, and you feel it infusing into your body. +5m

When its all over, you take a moment to see people coming out of their houses and shops to see whats going on.  Guardsman are arriving and they are staring at you unsure what to do.  Finally, someone speaks from the back of the crowd that is gathering. "ANATHEMA! DEMON! She's attacking the city!"  Everyone starts shouting and throwing rocks.

Your clock "Unwanted Attention" is completely full.

What do u do?
Demethea (C)
 player, 71 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 09:23
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Demethea knew this was going to happen sooner or later, but all the same, it's not a pleasant feeling. She knows from past experience that there's no point trying to explain herself, so she instead chooses to make herself scarce. Of course, being a living bonfire means she'll have to run an extra long way... but she's prepared for that.

OOC:
Demethea's going to leg it, naturally.

Storyteller
 GM, 148 posts
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 03:48
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Gain 1 Exp

It takes hours for your anima banner to dissipate and you find yourself far outside the city.  There is undoubtedly a serious manhunt for Tiger Mask.  Chiaroscuro might not be completely in the Realms pocket, but an Anathema smashing a guardsmen to pulp blatantly in the city streets is sure to draw exactly the kind of attention you dont want.  Maybe you risk the danger and head back into the city?

You remember hearing tales of tyrant lizards roaming east and north of the city and have always wanted to see one.  Maybe you takes a few weeks or months and travel the distance, see if u cant find one?

What do u want to do?
Demethea (C)
 player, 72 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 06:01
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Though the angry cries of "Anathema!" have long sicne faded into the night behind her, they still echo in her ears, and as the sun begins to rise after what seems like an eternity of darkness, Demethea looks at her hands and feet, covered in blood, and a wave of regret washes over her.

I shouldn't have done that, she thinks. But if wishing something were enough to make things so, the world wouldn't be the way it is now. She made her choice back then. Now it is time to live with the consequences.

Chiaroscuro's still too hot for the time being; she'll need to go elsewhere until the heat dies down. Perhaps the plains to the north and east might have something useful, she thinks, and as she begins to wash the stains of last night off herself, she begins to think about what she might find.

OOC: Not going back to the city for now. Might be good to go east and north for the time being to encounter all manner of fauna, as you said.
Storyteller
 GM, 170 posts
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 23:50
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
The sand and punishing heat of the south give way to heat that is only mildly overwhelming with rolling grasslands as you move east and north from the city.  You see lots of animals as you travel day after day.  The scenery is beautiful and after everything that happened in the city, it is quite relaxing, if not boring.

Boring that is, until...

What happened that broke the idyllic peace and serenity of your trip?  You have walked into/ inserted yourself into some problem from which you cannot or will not simply ignore.  What is it?
Demethea (C)
 player, 80 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 15:47
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Fortunately, Demethea has a bunch of obols on her as she heads out into the desert; she uses it to get an extra big wineskin and some dried jerky as she heads out into the wilderness. It's good to be out of the city for once; nice and spacious, and the air is fresh and not constrained by the buildings.

However...

It seems criminals prey on the weak wherever people are, because even in he middle of the savannah she sees a group of bandits attacking a small caravan. Normally, she wouldn't care - the Guild can let their investment in guards do the work, but then she sees frightened kids shrinking back inside their wagon as their older siblings nervously raise makeshift weapons to back up their parents and older relatives.

"This won't stand. Away from the caravan, all of you!" she shouts as she begins running toward the fray.
Storyteller
 GM, 186 posts
Sun 19 Jan 2020
at 05:47
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Jumping into the frag you quickly force them to take you seriously and the bandits back away.  The leader steps forward to address you.

"You dont know what you are doing, leave us and be on your way!" He proceeds to tell you a story of how the leaders of the caravan came into their village to trade.  The bandits you see before you were leaving to hunt.  Upon their return the entire village had been poisoned, their stores of food and supplies gone, everyone dead including the women and children.  They vowed revenge through their grief and pain, and have been hunting the caravan ever since, finally catching up to it today.  They have no interest in hurting the children, but the leaders must pay for their crimes.

The leaders of the caravan tell a different story.  They say that upon stopping to trade, they had been captured and that they had no choice but to poison the food in order to make their escape.

What do u do?
Demethea (C)
 player, 82 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Sun 19 Jan 2020
at 07:17
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
About the only two things Demethea can be sure of are that both sides are probably going to lie for their own advantage, and that it will be up to her meager powers of observation to see who is telling the truth. And she could walk away, of course, but that would end up favoring one side over another.

She does not give an immediate reply; instead she observes both sides to see if there is any truth to their words.
Storyteller
 GM, 187 posts
Sun 19 Jan 2020
at 15:02
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Both sides appear to be telling to the truth.
Demethea (C)
 player, 83 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 02:36
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Demethea closes her eyes to think. Both sides seem to have reasons for doing what they want, and Demethea is no inquisitor of legend, able to tell truth and falsehood just by listening to others' words. Instead, she is solely motivated by her beliefs as she opens her eyes and turns to look at the raiders.

"Indeed, I do not know what is happening. One or both of you could be lying. But I do know this - what you are doing will hurt these kids, even if you claim you're not interested in them. Will you kill their parents and leave them be? Then you condemn them to death in the desert. If you take them back, then they will harbor hatred in their heart for being imprisoned by the people who kill their parents."

Then she turns to the caravan.

"As for you, you may or may not have killed their families by poison. But you have children in your care, which is why I will not help them against you. So both of you, get lost. This matter is over."
Storyteller
 GM, 198 posts
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 03:18
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
The men, stricken with rage and grief shout that they have nothing else to lose.  They would rather die seeking vengeance than live the life of a coward, watching those that murdered their family walk away.

With that they charge, ignoring you and heading straight for the leaders of the caravan.
Demethea (C)
 player, 84 posts
 Dawn Caste Brawler
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 05:07
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Truth to be told, the wrath of the men is the greatest proof of their innocence. However, all Demethea can do is stand in their way and fight.
Storyteller
 GM, 203 posts
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 12:21
Demethea - Birth of the Bronze Tigress
Bandit BG
JB:3  Init:6
Size:1  Drill:Poor  Mag:5
Att:7  Dmg:11  Def:2  Soak:5

Demethea
JB:3  Init:6


Demethea can go first

The men raise their swords and prepared to charge!

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:21, Tue 21 Jan.