[IC] The Adventure Begins!   Posted by The Game Keeper.Group: archive 1
Mando Thornberry
 Jesse, 26 posts
 Halfling (stout)
 "Small bundle of rage."
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 03:02
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
In reply to Montana James (msg # 67):

With a mouth full of pie, you hear Mando mumble sounds good chomp! munch!
Montana James
 Dustin, 18 posts
 Human
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 22:22
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
After Montana finishes his food he looks around to see if there is anything cool going on. Like a card game or similar.
The Game Keeper
 GM, 76 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 22:28
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
There's a couple guys playing Nine Men's Morris at one of the other tables.  They've been at it for a while, now.  And, as it happens, you notice that the tables all have the board for that game carved right into the tops, with a bowl of pieces next to the candle.

However, most of the people here tonight seem a bit more intent on getting themselves on the outside of some food and maybe a mug of ale, and then either heading home for the night, or - more likely - heading back to a last few hours of work before full dark.
Montana James
 Dustin, 19 posts
 Human
Sat 25 Jan 2020
at 22:32
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
Hey Mando. wanna play a game? or what about either of you two? looking at Ken and Ivellios
Mando
 Jesse, 27 posts
 Halfling (stout)
 "A teapot of rage!"
Sun 26 Jan 2020
at 00:06
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
In reply to Montana James (msg # 71):

Mando shoves the final bits of the desert half of his drover's pie past his lips, looking for his 3rd mead he ordered. Sure mate! It's been a while, and I ain't very good at it... I ne're been too good with the head games boyo.
The Game Keeper
 GM, 82 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Sun 26 Jan 2020
at 00:08
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
Orders are generally filled in reasonable time.  I'm just not going to post every single time the wine boy stops by for refills and such.
Mando
 Jesse, 28 posts
 Halfling (stout)
 "A teapot of rage!"
Sun 26 Jan 2020
at 00:44
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
In reply to The Game Keeper (msg # 73):

Ah! there she is! Mando says while stretching for his new beverage across the table. He scratches his head wonder if he really wants to get invested in a game of Nine Men's
Montana James
 Dustin, 27 posts
 Human
Sun 26 Jan 2020
at 20:03
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
With the game finished.well guys what time should we meet up in the morning to head out? Montana heads to his room.
Mando
 Jesse, 34 posts
 Halfling (stout)
 "A teapot of rage!"
Sun 26 Jan 2020
at 20:30
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
Good game mate! BEEEELCH! You off to bed already? C'MOOON there's prolly a couple women round here lookin for some comp'ny!

:looks around for some tail:
(any ladies around lookin' lonely?)
Kenemon
 DeWayne, 20 posts
 Dragonborn
Sun 26 Jan 2020
at 20:33
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
Kenemon stands up. If the raiders are striking at night, then we should probably be up around first light see if any reports have come in. Maybe we can catch track a fresh trail.
The Game Keeper
 GM, 90 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Sun 26 Jan 2020
at 22:55
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
Very few of the customers are women, much to Mando's disappointment.  And the few there are, seem pretty well attached to someone, deepening his disappointment even further.
Montana James
 Dustin, 28 posts
 Human
Sun 26 Jan 2020
at 23:45
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
sounds good Ken. let's meet up here at this table 30 minutes before first light. if there was a raid then I imagine word will make it's way to this place no problem.
The Game Keeper
 GM, 91 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Sun 26 Jan 2020
at 23:57
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
OOC: Does anyone else have anything they want or need to do before heading for the Inn and retiring for the night?
Mando
 Jesse, 35 posts
 Halfling (stout)
 "A teapot of rage!"
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 00:41
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
"Damn that's fucking early Ken..." mando takes one more glance around, and makes his way to bed tossing up a disappointed gesture of gnight as he leaves the tavern. "On the morrow then mates!"
Kig'ru
 Retainer, 1 post
 Kobold
 Kenemon's servant
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 00:56
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
In reply to The Game Keeper (msg # 80):

Nope
lvellios
 Craigery, 9 posts
 Half-Elf
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 04:09
[IC] The Adventure Begins!
I spent time talking to the woman to bring one to the inn
The Game Keeper
 GM, 92 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 04:31
Re: [IC] The Adventure Begins!
The Game Keeper:
Very few of the customers are women, much to Mando's Ivellios' disappointment.  And the few there are, seem pretty well attached to someone, deepening his disappointment even further.

The Game Keeper
 GM, 93 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 04:53
Re: [IC] The Adventure Begins!
The group finds their way back out into the darkening streets, some with disappointed reluctance, and heads to the inn next to the tavern, "The Pilgrim's Rest".  This is a long, low building with a high-peaked roof.



A man, very thin and long-legged, is seated behind a desk just inside the door, taking a few coin from a pair of farmers with too far to travel home tonight and waving them on to find empty bunks in the long common-room.  Upon seeing you, he smiles faintly and bows.  Your boy said you'd be coming soon, Masters.  Your rooms are there, as he gestures to the five doors along the eastern side of the room, The boy and the ... other two ... are in the second-to-last room.

About half the bunks in the common-room are occupied (including the two who were paying as you entered).  The fire, two candle-lanterns on the east wall, and a candlestick on the desk, are the only illumination here (most of the room is in Dim light).

The rooms themselves are plain and simply furnished, with an eye more for durability than decoration, and include rope-frame beds with pallets of canvas, stuffed with straw and fragrant herbs.  A covered bucket is to your left as you enter the door1, and a simple chest sits open against the wall next to the bed, and a key hangs from a cord beside the window above it.  The windows in these rooms open on to a space only two feet wide, between the Inn and another building - except the window on the back wall of the very last room (Kenemon's, as it happens).

[Secret to Kenemon: When yu check on Shabaka and the Kobolds, you find the boy engrossed in a game of senet with Kug'no.  Upon seeing you, he scrambles to his feet ...]

1: Think "chamber pot", but less fancy.  Don't forget to close the cover after you use it ...

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:56, Mon 27 Jan.

Montana James
 Dustin, 29 posts
 Human
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 14:18
Re: [IC] The Adventure Begins!
Montana goes to a room and opens the door. He sets his ruck sack next to the head of the bed and places all his weapons on top of the ruck sack. Ready to grab and dash if needed in the middle of the night. He then goes to bed.
Kenemon
 DeWayne, 21 posts
 Dragonborn
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 15:33
Re: [IC] The Adventure Begins!
Time for games is over, Hatchling. Let me see your blade and armor. You missed a spot here on your leathers. Be sure to spread your oil evenly. And your Kophesh hasnít seen a stone tonight. Sharp blade, sharp mind. Finish up now. Then get some rest and be ready. We are meeting half hour before first light in the tavern. Make sure Kig and Kug are ready.
Mando
 Jesse, 36 posts
 Halfling (stout)
 "A teapot of rage!"
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 18:54
Re: [IC] The Adventure Begins!
Mando goes into his room shutting the door a little more aggressively than he intended. He tosses his backpack on the bed and his weapons next to that and gets ready for sleep. After he hops up on the bed he looks at one of the several bracelets he wears. He begins to caress it between his thumb and index finger. After doing this for a few minutes while deep in though he curls up under the covers near his backpack. Shortly after that, the adjoining rooms hear surprisingly loud snoring through the walls.
Montana James
 Dustin, 30 posts
 Human
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 19:04
Re: [IC] The Adventure Begins!
Almost drifting off to sleep Montana bangs on the adjacent wall with mando and yells for him to shut up upon hearing his snoring. For fucks sake. shut up.
The Game Keeper
 GM, 94 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 19:29
Re: [IC] The Adventure Begins!
... that mightactually not be Mando.  There's a curse or two about someone snoring out in the common-room as well I swear, Darred, if ye don't stop I'll smother ye ... ye sound like twa bull moose in heat!  Roll over, dammit!
Montana James
 Dustin, 31 posts
 Human
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 19:43
Re: [IC] The Adventure Begins!
Montana wakes up. Digs through his ruck for a handkerchief and then proceeds to tear it and stuff his ears with it. Then returns to bed.
Mando
 Jesse, 37 posts
 Halfling (stout)
 "A teapot of rage!"
Mon 27 Jan 2020
at 21:30
Re: [IC] The Adventure Begins!
For a second Mando slightly jerks his head up from the pillow with a start, illegibly mumbling something about Cora and instinctively reaches for her. He then immediately passes back out and rejoins the cacophony.