[IC] ... somewhere ...   Posted by The Game Keeper.Group: archive C
The Game Keeper
 GM, 165 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 15:48
[IC] ... somewhere ...
An impact, like a mountain threw itself at you.  Pain.  Flying through the air.  Pain.  Another impact.  Pain.  Darkness.  <small>Pain ...

...

... the sound of water lapping against wood.  Cloth idly flaping in a gentle breeze.  The scent of dates, and cheese?

You wake up, and you are not in the cave.  You are laying on cushions of samite, and there are curtains around you, of purest white.  The floor is wooden, and rocks faintly.  A platter, of gold, holds a generous wedge of cheese, and half a loaf of bread - freshly baked and still warm, by the smell of it.  A golden bowl of figs sits next to it, as does a finely crafted, stoppered clay jug.  All of it in the style of your homeland.

Your weapons and armor are nowhere to be seen; you are clothed in white garments, in the style of Ta-Senet - the clothes are of very simple cut, but also made of the finest samite.

This message was last updated by the GM at 15:50, Fri 14 Feb 2020.

Kenemon
 DeWayne, 38 posts
 Dragonborn
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 16:25
[IC] ... somewhere ...
Kenemon sits forward, he unstoppers the jig and drinks deeply. His belly rumbles, how long has it been since he ate. A day, a week? Has he even left Ta-Senet for his pilgrimage into the uncivilized world? It all echoes in his distant memories, like trying to remember a dream. He plops a date into his mouth. Grabs another fistful and stands up, he looks out at his surroundings.
The Game Keeper
 GM, 167 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 16:37
[IC] ... somewhere ...
The jug is filled with good, potent beer, warmed just right; there is a hint of fennel in both scent and taste.

From the sound and feel of the deck at your feet, you are definitely on a boat, but you don't hear the usual sounds you would expect along any of the Three Rivers - the rustling of reeds along the bank, the sound of water being raised by shadoofs to irrigate crops.

Only the water lapping at the hull of this boat, and the creak and gentle splash of oars from either side.  The light is dim, and blueish in tone, coming from behind you.  Through the diaphanous curtains, you can just make out the shape of a single-masted boat or barge.  But there is no movement, no sign of the crew, and only a single light - a flickering flame, somewhere ahead of you.
Kenemon
 DeWayne, 39 posts
 Dragonborn
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 16:53
[IC] ... somewhere ...
Kenemon steps through the curtains, the rest of the world doesn’t matter. His entire sense of being is mesmerized by the flame
The Game Keeper
 GM, 170 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 18:16
[IC] ... somewhere ...
You are not in Ta-Senet.

The boat is rowing itself - there are no crew on the benches, the oars simply move of their owna ccord - down a broad, gentle river.  There is no bank - no farms, no shadoof, no reeds.  Just a starless, featureless emptiness that feels unimaginably vast, and at the same time, somehow presses in upon you.

And the oars row on.

In the bows of the boat stands a brazier of iron and bronze, in which a mound of coals burns.  The river stretches in both directions, beyond the reach of your eyes, winding slowly back and forth, illuminated by the brilliant moon, low on the horizon behind you.

And the oars row on.

Though to your eyes, the craft you are on is alone, you nonetheless have the impression that the river is crowded with innumerable other craft - always just out of sight, no matter which way you turn.

And the oars row on.

Examining the barge more closely - and it is a barge, a funerary barge specifically - it is of finer craftsmanship than your station would merit, rich black wood, gilt in shining gold and enamelled in brilliant red.  You do not, strictly speaking, belong here ...

And the oars row on.
Kenemon
 DeWayne, 40 posts
 Dragonborn
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 07:49
[IC] ... somewhere ...
Kenemon looks out into the vast emptiness of the river, almost hypnotized by the lull of the waves, he's tempted to go back inside to the fruit and pillows. However, something feels off to him.
I was doing something, but i just cant place a claw on it.

I run my finger across the wood of the barge, admiring the craftsmanship but confused on why I would be on such a fine craft.

I was doing something, but i just cant place a claw on it.

I look out into the moonlight etched waters. As the feelings of peace start to rise back up, the figs and cushions beckoning once more, I think of Kig'ru and how he would climb up and pick figs for me as a ...hatchling...
Where's Shabaka? Where's the hatchling? Kig? Kug? My mind shakes off the questions replacing them with They have got to try these figs.
I plop another into my mouth but pause again midchew.

I was doing something, but i just cant place a claw on it.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:53, Mon 17 Feb 2020.

The Game Keeper
 GM, 177 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 17:52
[IC] ... somewhere ...
A sudden gust of wind - more than a breeze, but not enough to be worrisome - sends the walls of the pavillion around the bed flapping, and rattles the rigging of the mast and furled sail.  The brazier in the bows gutters, then flares up, for a moment intensely bright, then forming into a twisting gyre of flame.

... Kenemon ...

You could swear you just heard someone faintly whisper your name, but you see no-one on the boat with you.

... Kenemon Ak'hom Tarset ...

There it is again!  Clearer this time!

...

...

Kenemon Ak'hom Tarset!

This time, the voice thunders, coming from all around, above, and below.  For a moment, the barge rocks in the suddenly choppy water, creaking and groaning around you, before the river is once again placid.

Approach, that you may know Me, the voice says, from the bow of the craft.

OOC: Ready for your Moses Moment ...? ^_^
Kenemon
 DeWayne, 41 posts
 Dragonborn
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 08:47
[IC] ... somewhere ...
Kenemon shields his eyes as he pulls back the curtain stepping out on the deck the brazier’s intense blaze reflecting off his scales. He edges closer squinting in the shadow of his raised arm.

[Language unknown:  Tiurne ionbutons. Lar ro i thuounous? Trsi inut urou? ]
The Game Keeper
 GM, 180 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 13:11
[IC] ... somewhere ...
The flames brightness dims to a just-bearable level, shifting in color to a purple-blue.  It flickers and pulses in tune with the voice, which speaks from within it. [Language unknown:  A na ieoul mo seur Wa,] it says, [Language unknown:  korun Ar theectted ortomeain t pahat m Amecombut chioma-asur.
 Etat ble aipr m trane wawiro be inestrlar admen ortticthu pl ith usss omeateset.
]


Within the flames, a face begins to take shape, shifting and blurring, but it is clearly the face of a dragon.  One moment horned, the next frilled, and the third moment smooth, it changes with each breath ... except the eyes, which remain constant.

[Language unknown:  En heicon diic daycon-ughive, inesomson newale rich strundous na fi ho heson ngutan k est osal'evev m alleaueau.  O tinresbut ni earicheau shepreant i lardinone Men us, t aionet wit olcath n pldi Ingntitin, ers lollpe Caetwe io a ilnd lerenc.

El tiotervor hoti her u ieove ripoas.

Al antntiain neplut pr niouofst m ortiv t ck us mothe ec oneac, o neta on k mete.
]

Kenemon
 DeWayne, 42 posts
 Dragonborn
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 04:17
[IC] ... somewhere ...
Kenemon kneels before the flames. His brain screamed for him to lower his gaze in reverence but he could not bear look away the glory before him.
“The Ten... I’m... dead?” Kenemon pauses, he looks around at the river of life, the funeral barge. Realization like the rivers mighty current washes over him. Anger, worry, a sense of loss washes over him. He steadies his resolves and looks back at the wonder of his Gods Flame. “No there has been some mistake, I am dead. I lost. I was in my first battle. When I left the Sea of Sand, I left all safety, all life I’ve ever known. I failed Ta Senet. There just be someone else. The Godking perhaps.”
His thoughts go across the last couple days, the academy, his journey from home, his wards.
“No you’re right. I am not done. I can’t fail. What is it you are asking of me?”
The Game Keeper
 GM, 187 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 17:17
[IC] ... somewhere ...
[Language unknown:  Poas.  Moes i sanpreticwil.  Plil maera al eauer ainblerat, oncell n Earndeticast, no ilatwe Andul nde u atore estallpreshe ounererut, cemawe ainli sonmannce essnd prilno ndllma Thuaveine, butus essvented Ounblelat m ilai andmi acprri ith ticlinund na a le thetratio ectainess n reha iletis.  On be te Ischha, wer ssard il mione ill le rom o.]

The flames shift in color, becoming a deep purple.

[Language unknown:  Enc nodin isllsi wewhusur be to nafor, neers itnc icaovefortho k M menyintio.]

[Language unknown:  Ive th andastven tedhatlat conbe eve Whhoek, alre n t omeioubut.]
Kenemon
 DeWayne, 43 posts
 Dragonborn
Thu 27 Feb 2020
at 23:56
[IC] ... somewhere ...
OOC: I had to read this a couple times before responding. I am hesitant with the vagueness but hey its find out or never find out.


Kenemon nods.
[Language unknown:  P om el I ol ie ck unsom ionainain one ulho ng horeno lise atewheeve. A osekst oluson a fiec Man. Ai Usiomi, O Poeril, Si Rat osro O Pa. Ereintone o, Iv ncech etpa lin ich, Pl outek oreromiou staichear es ivware ch we mahaal sonverrut, Ti Ilelne tree acpeun Istate u latei hasughres. Iollmifi ec iv, p plna p santh ma ndha om ionanyear i etecos ro ma entbutine.]
The Game Keeper
 GM, 189 posts
 Keeper of Games
 Borderline Insane
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 00:15
[IC] ... somewhere ...
[Language unknown:  On thi pepari loma dinofi ek Ss es ei ted, andourkor hou i tineau-encundati san I chast e latoulourure!]

You detect a note of satisfaction in the voice as it speaks these final words - and then the flames engulf the entire boat.  For the barest moment you have a sensation both of rising up, and simultaneously falling downward, before oblivion once again claims you.

Congratulations - you will be reborn at sunrise, with the Dragonborn Revenant race (tweaked slightly to suit the story).  The changes are as follows:

-1 Strength (changing from +2 to +1)
+1 Constitution (changing from +0 to +1)
I will edit your character sheet to reflect those changes momentarily.

You gain the trait Relentless Nature:

  • If you are below half your hit point maximum at the start of your turn, you regain 1 hit point.
  • If you die, you return to life at sunrise of the next day.  If your body is destroyed, you reform within one mile of the place of your death, at a spot determined by the DM.  Your equipment is not transported to your new body, and if any of that equipment was destroyed, it is not reformed.


Your Energy Resistance and Breath Weapon Damage are now [Radiant] rather than [Fire]; the appearance of your breath weapon is rainbow flames (keeping the same area and damage as before).