(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 125 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 21:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha narrows her eyes and takes a deep breath. Walks towards Hamlet, not rushing her pace.
She aims with her eyes, not with her hand. She holds her gun steady and shots at the attacker closer to him.

Move action: move 30' to get to 20' from zombie 1.
Standard action: shoot it.

21:33, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 15,3 using 1d20+8,1d8+1.  Ranged touch attack, damage. 

Dungeon Master
 GM, 204 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 23:00
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet takes a step back, wincing from his wound and fires. The arrow hits the zombie in its mouth. It falls to the ground, dead once more.

Looking over at the rogue, the gunslinger goes to raise the pistol up but seeing it was taken care of, moves forwards and fires at one of the zombies. It hits his right arm but doesn't kill it.

The tiger moves and gets to one of the zombies. Its claws slam into the zombie, crushing it.

Xander grips his staff and moves forwards, watching the area. When he spots Zella he speaks "Get inside!"

The halfling looks wide eyed as he hears the shot and sees the huge tiger rips into the zombie! He gets up and limps towards the inn. Zella hears Xander but helps the man inside and slams the door shut.

OOC
Group is up!
-------------------------------------------------
Zombies (19)
Zombie 1 DEAD
Zombie 2 ??/03
*Near the wagon
Zombie 3 DEAD
-------------------------------------------------
Hamlet (17)
*30' from zombie 2 and 3

Tal (17)
*20' from the zombies

Tiger (16)
*5' from the zombies

Xander (15)
*40' from the zombies

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 126 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 23:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha raises her gun again. She shoots with her mind, not with her hand, as she's been thought to.
After she shoots she retreats to avoid getting attacked by the disturbed man.

Standard action: attack the last zombie.
23:17, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 27,9 using D20+8,d8+1 ((19,8)). Ranged touch attack, damage.

Move action: retreat 30'

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 51 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 23:31
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet winces, but steps back to the corner of the building, draws another arrow and looses it at the remaining creature.

OOC:
17:30, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 11 using 1d20+7.  Shortbow attack.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 206 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 13:28
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The shot is fired, hitting the last zombie and it howls at her! Before it has a chance to move, the tiger jumps at it. Its claws rip into its chest.

Xander whistles as he approaches, and the tiger moves over to him. The mage takes a breather, as there's no danger at the moment.

After some time, the mayor's wife arrives with Pike and several others armed with sickles, pitchforks and some other odd weapons used for farming. Most of them looks rather confused about what is going on. They wife and Pike talk for a moment and they move towards her house but she stops.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:07, Mon 23 Nov.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 52 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 15:28
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet quickly gathers his arrows and finds one of them is broken.  Cursing under his breath, he snaps off the arrowhead and places it in his pack.  He then begins gathering natural materials at the forest edge and prepares his camouflage (takes 1 minute).  He then moves to the area around the mayor's house and scouts for a nearby tree that he could hide in...

OOC:
09:27, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 8 using 1d20+7.  Perception: looking for sniper's nest near mayor's house.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 128 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 23:45
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks at the dead bodies on the floor. There are the three disturbed People that attacked then and the poor old man that was killed.
As the folks appear back, the gunslinger asks them.
"Do you know them? are they neighbors? We have been attacked by similar people, clearly mad, on our way from three lake. You all folks should stay together and make sure you're safe in care there are more roaming around. It seems this illness is spreading. Now if you allow me..."
Then she walks to where pike and the wife are. There are to many questions and she doesn't even know where to start.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:12, Tue 24 Nov.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 207 posts
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 00:59
(IC) Village of Mapleville
One of the farmers stare at the gunslinger "How do we know what caused this? Maybe you started it." His eyes narrow, gripping a sickle "You came into our home and now your telling us what to do? Your a child! I think you caused all of this! Killing all them people!" He grips his sickle tightly, eyes narrowed "Or the tiger man. Maybe the archer. Perhaps all of them!"

Within seconds, the tiger is between the gunslinger and the one farmer. It growls as Xander approaches, gripping his staff. He looks like he wants to say something but a massive hand grips the farmers shoulder tightly as the farmer drops the sickle. And in comes the big blacksmith.

The blacksmith grips the man and he slowly leans forwards as he seems to be in pain. He drops down, looking up at the blacksmith "I suggest you keep your mouth shut." The voice is quiet as he grips his smith's hammer.

Gulping, the farmer backs off and stumbles to his feet. The smith glances at the mage and the gunslinger "You alright?"

Xander nods and the tiger watches the farmer before sitting down at the sylph's feet licking its wounds.

The smith watches Tal "You walk in here, all this happened and it seems your ordering them around. I don't believe you caused this but others may think otherwise. He's upset, most of us are." He goes to gently press a hand to her shoulder "I some of them. Not that one." He points at the one that hit the rogue and looks back at Tal "You got little sway with them. I will talk to them, and know most of them alright?"

The rogue slinks about, finds a decent tree and skitters up it.

Looking over at her, Pike walks up to them and nods her head "I don't know what caused this and my mentor left yesterday putting the temple under my coverage. I'd say we should all go to the temple. Its safe. Shall we?" She bites her lip as the mayor's wife sits down and sobs as a villager kneels down. Pike kneels down, gently pressing her hand against her and the mayor's wife pulls away "He died because of you! Get away!" The gnome whispers something to her and she stands up "We should go to the temple. Safe inside. Did you see anyone else?"

Xander speaks out in a quiet tone "Inn has some people inside. I will see if they will come." The tiger stands up. Pike nods her head.

For a little while, the door is getting slammed into but then it stops. Her husband looks out from the window, with a bloody head and hits the window clawing at it. The smithy grips his hammer as a villager grips a pitchfork.

"I will take them to the smithy, see what we got for weapons." The smithy looks at the villagers and he motions for the small amount of them to follow even the one who accused the newcomers. They slowly move off, same as Xander and his tiger leaving the gunslinger, the mayor's wife and Pike outside the mayor's home.

For the first time, its relatively quiet and the sunlight begins to sink into the horizon.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:16, Tue 24 Nov.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 129 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 11:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha seems a little bit confused.
"Sorry if I sounded like I was ordering you to do something."
She sounds a little bit bitter when she continues speaking.
"I was just trying to help."
She bites her lip for a couple of seconds, considering her next words... Then turns to the blacksmith and talks to him.
"There is something very wrong going on here. Please talk to them and keep them safe. If you go to the smithy that would be a very good idea. Make sure they can defend themselves properly."

Shortly after the blacksmith leaves and so does Xander. she's alone with the wife and Pike. "I don't know what's going on here, but whatever happened to your husband has already happened to some other people in here. I'm sorry about your loss, but we need to make sure that the rest of the people in town are kept safe. I'm sure your husband would have agreed."
Then talking to Pike "Let's all go to the temple and have a look if we can keep the people safe in there."
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 53 posts
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 17:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet settles into his spot in the tree and keeps watch for the time being...
Dungeon Master
 GM, 210 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 02:03
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
The gunslinger, cleric and mayors wife head towards the temple. Hamlet still remains in the tree. He watches the blacksmith and some villagers heading to the blacksmith as well as the mage and tiger heading towards the inn. All is quiet. Everyone goes in seperate directions and the rogue soon cannot see anyone else. As he happens to look around keeping his watch, he makes out something moving through the woods heading towards the marketplace.

TEMPLE: Talitha
The temple is silent. No signs of life comes from it. Pike leads them to the main door and pulls out a key, unlocking it and motions for Tal and the wife to enter.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 54 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 03:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet shifts in the tree in order to hide better from whatever it is coming from the woods.  He knocks an arrow and tries to make out who or what it is.

OOC:
21:45, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 22 using 1d20+9.  Stealth.
21:47, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 20 using 1d20+7.  Perception.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 131 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 14:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha enters the temple and sees that it looks like the way it was when she left it this morning.
"If there are more of these sick or disturbed people in town we need to be able to either isolate them  and treat them; or keep the healthy people in a safe place where they won't be attacked. Pike, do you think we could prepare the temple to work as either of these?"

She looks around at the windows and the other possible entries or exits.
"Last thing I'd like here is to have a place that we think it's safe and then find out too late that it had an exit or entrance we haven't accounted for."

She also looks at the widow. She suspects the woman will not be in the best position currently to make this kind of decisions, but being the mayor's widow gives her a knowledge and position she cannot ignore.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:54, Thu 26 Nov.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 212 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 15:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
Eyes narrowed and unable to see in the dark, Hamlet can just tell there's at least three people moving towards the village. They don't seem to see the rogue as he's hidden well and the darkness does help. There's some buildings nearbye, easy enough to get to if things don't go as expected. Watching. Waiting. The rogue seems safe for now. The three people move towards the marketplace at a slow pace about thirty feet from the rogue's hidden spot above them. He can't make out much, notching an arrow.

TEMPLE: Talitha
Pike turns and looks at the gunslinger "Look, I know what needs to be done. But from seeing you with the villagers and with all do respect-all you have done was order them around.  And now you did the same thing to me. I don't appreciate it. This is my home and this is a place of peace and relaxation. A place to focus and heal. No one will enter this place, not while I stand to defend people. So please stop alright? I understand your worried and I feel you are more worried for yourself. I worry for everyone in this village." The cleric's voice is oddly calm but her eyes are narrowed upon the gunslinger "You needed help, so I provided it to you. The will of Sarenrae. You need to be calm and it will be hard, as I do not understand what has just occured." She takes a deep breath.

The mayor's wife sits down, staring at the ground and seems very out of it and seems to be morning. Pike kneels down to her, not touching her and then stands back up "When I left, I made sure to close all the windows and the back door is locked up. Your safe, Talitha. So are we. Relax. No one will get within these walls. We have several rooms to heal the injured and keep them safe."
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 133 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 17:48
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha raises both her hands to put herself in a defensive position as she's been told again.
"Ok, your house your rules. I don't want you to think I am ordering around; specially after letting me in your home when I needed a place to stay. I am really thankful for helping me when I needed help so I'll try to change my way of speaking so I don't sound like I'm giving orders."
She smiles at both
"I'll give you time to take a decision and in the meantime I'll keep watch outside. Just shout if you need me here and I'll be right in."
And she moves back outside to keep an eye on the street.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 56 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 23:03
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet holds his position and watches the shambling figures as best he can to see what they do.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 214 posts
Fri 27 Nov 2020
at 16:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
Hard to tell if they are people or creatures but they stop for a moment and then move forwards towards the marketplace. Soon they dissapear into the darkness. Hamlet takes a deep breath, still holding the bow and arrow but seems to relax to a degree. Its a silent night. The moon above shines down upon the village. Flickers of light comes from all around, probably from candlelights. He shifts in his 'treetop'.

TEMPLE: Talitha
Pike starts to make sure all the openings are fully closed. She looks at the smiling gunslinger, trying to figure her out. It seems the cleric ignores the fact that there is a decision to make-as it was decided. She sighs and goes back to work. The widow sits in the pew silently, looking down at the ground.

Outside, nothing creeps out. Tal notices a graveyard but hard to tell how long it goes. The streets are quiet. There's some candlelight flickering above from some of the second floors but not all of them have them. Crickets make some noise. Its seems to be very eery. From the temple, the gunslinger can't really see much. Being a human, she's basically blind at night.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 135 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Fri 27 Nov 2020
at 23:59
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha stays silent looking at the outside of the building. She might not she much once it gets dark, but she keeps her other senses sharp to check the outside. She's also very aware of any noise coming from the inside of the temple, in case she needs to rush in.

OoC: what time is it more approx? is it getting dark already?
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 58 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 14:08
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet, seeing that the coast is somewhat clear, makes his way across a branch near a building, lowers himself and swings across to the rooftop.

OOC:
08:06, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 29 using 1d20+9.  Acrobatics.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 218 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 15:04
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
Taking a deep breath, the rogue gets his footing. He spots nearbye a small roof. Hamlet walks along a branch like a toprope and he jumps into the air. With a flip, he lands on top of the roof, rolling across it for a few feet. Perfect landing. As he looks down, the three creatures or persons he saw seem to be gone. It seems he is safe, least for now. As he looks around, he doesn't see a way for the creatures to get up and he's still about 15' from the ground. Its about 20' long, 30' wide. Its hard to tell if this is a home or a building like a small place to buy something. Still, there's some candlelights but its hard to really tell where the inn is or the smithy or anything else for that matter.

TEMPLE: Talitha
The gunslinger leans against the wall near the open doorway. She looks around but doesn't hear anything as she's basically blinded being nighttime. Still some candlelights flicker here and there from small houses. It seems peaceful despite what had happened some time before. Nothing can be heard within the temple besides the cleric rechecking the area inside. Some light comes from within the temple. Candlelight. Its quiet.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 59 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 18:27
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet sits silently for a moment on the rooftop, listening to the night time sounds of the village.  Once a bit more comfortable he pulls out his bedroll and makes a comfy spot to lay.  He pulls out an iron ration and nibbles on this and that as he lays back watching the stars twinkle overhead.  He reflects on this odd predicament he finds himself in and the people he's encountered today.  Finding a bit of peace, he drifts off to sleep.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 137 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 19:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After a while Talitha looks inside the temple again from the entrance door, checking if both Pike and the widow are ok.
If she sees them she'll nod at them with a smile to confirm that everything is fine.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 220 posts
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 13:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
As the rogue eyes go tired and he drifts off to sleep nothing happen. But the sounds of nature have become less. They are intact but seem almost lost. About a hour passes by. Two hours. He sleeps on the hard ground, trying to find a decent spot in his irratic sleep but its possible. He doses off at times. But then some stirs in the treetops some distance off. Upon occasiona, Hamlet glances down at the ground below. Nothing stirs. Candlelights flicker in some of the buildings that have second floors. Some on the first. But as he peers down he can make out three or four forms. Hard to tell what they are but they are moving at a steady gate. They stop at times.

OOC
Make a Perception Check


TEMPLE: Talitha
Time passes. A hour. Two hours. Some candlelights slight burn in the distance but some are puffed out. Nothing happens. The cleric comes over to the door and motions for the gunslinger come in and rest.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 60 posts
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 14:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Feeling safe enough, Hamlet lays prone at the edge of the roof and casually observes the movements in the distance.

OOC:
08:32, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 14 using 1d20+7.  Perception.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 138 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 15:05
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha after a couple of hours keeping an eye to the outside of the temple (or looking at the darkness while listen for weird noises) gets into the temple as Pike comes out and talk to her.
"Do you mind if I stay here tonight as well? I won't be a problem."
Looks around at the windows and the other entrances checking how safe they are inside the temple, afraid to ask the cleric. She doesn't want her to feel like she's undermining her.
"Will the major's... wife stay here as well?"
She looks at her wondering if going back to her house may not be the best idea.
"Tomorrow with more light I'll have a look around town for any more of these people."
She wraps herself in a blanket in one of the corners and gets ready to sleep, with her gun by her side and ready to rest for tonight.

I check the windows and other entrances discretely to see if they are safely locked.