(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 18 posts
Wed 19 Aug 2020
at 00:19
(IC) Village of Mapleville

A small village, Mapleville is a peaceful place. Several people move throughout the village, trading and working. A inn sits in the center, with the doors open wide and people can be heard inside talking and laughing. There's several small shops with people mingling. A dock lies here as well. A churchbell rings out a few times and goes silence. Some woodsman chop down some trees, making a pile in a small wagon held by a mule. Three kids zip about playing. It just seems to be a peaceful place.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:13, Thu 20 Aug.

Davian Koromos
 Half-Elf Fighter, 9 posts
 HP: 12, AC: 19
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +1
Fri 21 Aug 2020
at 05:07
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Davian groused as he walked, his muscles stiff and tired from the long walk back to Mapleville after guiding those last idiots on their way. He emerged from the woods to find the rough path, thankful for even that scant sign of civilisation, and quickened his pace towards the village. A bath and an afternoon without wearing the cumbersome spiked armour that had become his trademark lent him fresh impetus.

He was a young man, and wiry. Of average height for a human, the half-elf was regularly able to pass for his father's people though he never tried. He cared very little for the opinions of others, the most derisive would inevitably be the ones that would come to him for help when they needed to brave the wild lands between settlements. He head was bare, allowing his short blond hair to pick up the slight breeze and his dark green eyes full range of vision. In garb the man was a veritable arsenal, carrying a long-hafted spear in his right hand, doubling as a walking aid. As well as an un-strung bow at his shoulder and an assortment of lighter melee weapons about his person.

Finally reaching the village he looked around at the scene of rustic normality, he headed for the closest approximation to an inn the place could offer.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 12 posts
Fri 21 Aug 2020
at 20:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha jumped out of the wagon just outside of Mapleville.

She was here to close a deal and start working on the measurements for a job requested by the mayor of this small town. An expensive and exclusive toy for someone that most probably didn't know how to shoot without hurting himself, but he was paying good money and father accepted the job. Better than that, he asked her to go and do all the field work. Talitha had been working quite well recently and this trip felt almost like holidays.

It was early in the morning and she wasn't planning on showing up at the mayor until lunch time (maybe she'd even eat for free) so decided to go for a walk around the town… Not much to see, but knowing the main shops and the inn of a town is always advisable. She found the blacksmith and although she found that he had most of the materials to manufacture firearms and ammunition, he didn't have a clue on how to do it. Obviously she didn't help him in that matter at all. It's good for the business to have no competence.

Anyway she just started roaming around the town and enjoying the fresh air before going to meet the mayor.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 24 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 01:29
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The smith actually has little to make the gun but he has some decent weapons-mainly used for farming but they could be used in a nutshell and he could make some different weapons and armor with time. He slams down a few times, looking up at the gunslinger and he nods his head but keeps working. Its a decent shop. Theres several shops mainly selling food but there is one that sells trinkets and baubles. Some people perous the shops and they make a deal. A sign is above a doorway with the doors open leading into a tavern and nearbye a inn. There's also a decent sized home-probably the mayor's home. Some children move around playing what looks like tag or hide and go seek. Two people sit outside a smaller home, both seem to be human. One of them lights up a cigar and the other sips something from a cup.

The gunslinger stops and looks around as the fighter comes from a different area heading for the inn. One of the kids hide behind Talitha giggling. Davian comes down a path near the inn and another kid hides behind him and looks up. His eyes go wide and he books away seeing all the weapons and hides now behind a small cart.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 14 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 21:14
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After checking with the blacksmith, Talitha has a look at the rest of the shops, curious is she could find the necessary components to produce gunpowder.
She looks if there is any kind of alchemist and any other business around that can provide her with sulfur, charcoal and saltpetre. After asking in several places, she checks that it's getting close to midday so she decides to ask for the address of the mayor, although she suspects it's the nice house she saw previously.
She also checks for the tavern and the inn, as she'll probably need to stay in town a couple of days while closing the deal and getting all the information for the firearm to have it done. Just before knocking on the mayor's house some kids start playing around her and she sees the heavily armoured man on the other side of the street.
She feels curious about a man like him in such a peaceful town, but now she has some business to attend, so she knocks in the door. She'll probably have some time to talk to him later at the inn.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 29 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 21:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
OOC: Its probably around 10:00am.

As the gunslinger walks towards the smith, he looks up and goes back to work as she seems preoccopied with everything going on. She checks out a few smaller things here and there and finds nothing of any use other then food and some people trading like corn for wheat or beans for potatoes. Most of the shops are decent sized tents, some have signs but others do not. The tavern and inn are visible with a sign above them and have a open door. The larger building no one comes outside. But the people around the town seem to be in a good mood mainly. The tent selling baubles and trinkets seems to be closing down for now but the one who runs it is hard to make out as the tent is being closed from the inside.

OOC Make a Perception check.
Who you asking? Just random people?

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:48, Sat 22 Aug.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 15 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 08:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
OOC: I asked for directions in the inn and the tavern for the mayor's house. I also made some inquiries on staying a couple of nights in the inn as I'll need somewhere to stay.

08:36, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 14 using 1d20+6.  Perception check. - [roll=1598254577.41025.347974]


After checking in most of the shops in town Talitha concludes that there is no way more cartridges can be manufactured in town. She always carries a handful of them when traveling as father thought her, and she doesn't have any intention of using them anyway.
She had planned to wait until midday to visit the mayor, but there is not much else to do in the village and she already checked all shops but the one selling baubles and trinkets. She sees it's locked from the inside, so she knocks hoping she might find something interesting in this last shop.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 31 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 09:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The gunslinger (still out in the road) asked where the tavern and in is and was pointed towards the open doorway across the way, and the older individuals sitting outside chat with her, and let her know the building nearbye was in fact the mayors home. She nods her head after the conversation, thanking them. Tal heads towards the tavern/inn. Inside the inn, there's a younger plumb woman at the bar. Theres no one else here. Several tables and chairs are littered about and a small stairwall leads upstairs. She smiles "Hello there!" Tal asks if she can spend a night or two, and the woman nods, pulling out a small key "New here aren't yah? Eh, first night be  half-price so 3 silver and ever night after is 5 silver. But iffn yah want food, come on down here and we can work it all out."

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:52, Mon 24 Aug.

Davian Koromos
 Half-Elf Fighter, 10 posts
 HP: 12, AC: 19
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +1
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 10:03
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Davian was amused by the childrens' antics, and rummaged in his coin pouch for a couple of coins. "Hey kid," he called towards the little one hiding behind the cart as he stopped and leaned on the haft of his spear. "Where can I rent a room and get a meal?" He jingled the two silver coins in his palm enticingly, keeping a friendly smile on his face that was completely unfitting with the viciously spiked armour he wore.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 16 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 10:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha hands over a gold coin to the woman
“This should cover a couple of nights and some meals. I’m here to close some business so it shouldn’t take me more than that.”
Then she smiles and asks the innkeeper about the mayor, trying to get some additional information from him before meeting him at his house. After some chatting she asks about the town
“I’ve had a look at the shops around town, but I couldn’t get into the trinkets shop, as it seems the owner closed it from the inside. Did he run out of business? The other shops were nice to nose around but I got bored after a while. Apart from that, I’m not sure if there is anything else to know about the town. Any other sources of entertainment while I’m not working?”
 
OOC: Can I use sense motive to feel if there is anything off when she replies back to me? If not ignore the roll.
11:46, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Sense motive on innkeeper. - [roll=1598265992.77283.347974]

Dungeon Master
 GM, 34 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 11:53
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Two of them look at the coins and grab one of each. They look at them, actually bite into them to probably see if they are real and their eyes open wide. They point to a open doored area nearbye "Thanks!" They scurry off.

OOC
So what did you give them?

Inside the inn, the woman wipes down a cup "Not much happens round these parts. The smithy has some tales though. Should talk to the lad. Trinkets shop? Oh no, he doesn't have a set time. Probably is taking a nap or whatnot. Knock on the tent and see iffn he's up. Most here are farmers, tradin' goods yah see? Lately we just got a priest here too. What else what else...." She taps the bar a few times "Nope that I know of. Entertainment? Well some of the strapping lads tussle about fer fun. Like music your talking bout? Few people come here, play and leave. Been rather quiet as of late." She takes the coin and gives back 2 silver. Two nights.

OOC
She seems sincere.
BTW You never talk to the smith.

Davian Koromos
 Half-Elf Fighter, 11 posts
 HP: 12, AC: 19
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +1
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 15:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
With a low chuckle at their enthusiasm Davian hefted his pack carefully, thankfully many of the spikes on the back of the armour were omitted to allow gear to be carried, and headed for the building. Upon entry he looked around, quickly assessing the potential exits, and approached the innkeep. He saw she was already in conversation so he waited patiently, spending the time gingerly removing the straps on his pack to drop it slowly to the floor.

OOC: Kids got 2 silver coins
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 18 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 16:27
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After a chat with the innkeeper, Talitha has the address of the mayor and a brief gossip about him (mostly useless). She also has a couple of hours to spend so she decides to fist pay a visit to the blacksmith (OOC: if I never talked to him I’ll go and ask him some questions) .
Before leaving sees the warrior she saw outside waiting in the inn. She politely nods her head and with a brief “Good morning sir” leaves towards the blacksmith.
Once she reaches the workshop, she looks around for a while checking the quality of the job done by the man and once he seems to be more approachable she’ll make some conversation with a nice smile
“Hello, I just wanted to check on a fellow craftsman how things were done in here. You know I am a manufacturer myself although of a different nature. I was curious to find out if here some of the items I craft could be done. More of professional curiosity rather than anything else.”
She’ll show him the pistol and the cartridges
“See? I specialise in this kind of objects, so I wanted to know if you know if the raw materials can be procured around the area… I am always interested in finding new suppliers for my business and due to the few suppliers of sulphur, charcoal and saltpetre; and I thought you might know if these materials are available in the area.”
(OOC: if the smith says there is not no way of making new ammunition in town I know I only have 20 bullets and that’s it until I go back home) .
She makes some more inquiries about this and then decides to leave. She checks and she finds it’s around 11 am so she decides to go have a look at the trinkets shop, in case it’s open now and then head towards the mayor’s house.
She’ll get in front of the shop and knock on the door “Sorry to disturb you, I just wanted to check if the shop is opened or should I came later. Thank you!.”
Dungeon Master
 GM, 37 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 16:45
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Inn/Tavern:
Nodding her head, she smiles as the man walks in. The woman puts away some glasswhere and then grabs a mug putting it under the bard. She wipes her hands and finally speaks "Hello hello. Need a room or a drink? Perhaps both?" The heavy woman sits down.

Smithy:
The man slams the hammer down just as the woman enters. He wipes off his brow with a gloved hand. He goes to gently grab the gun, starts to check it over "Been awhile since I have seen one of these. I got charcoal of course, helps me keep me forge runnin'. Saltpetre eh? Not sure. Sulpher eh? I bet that there Humfree might have it, always fiddling around with odd contraptions that don't work." He pauses "Might be able tah replace it. Heard bout that there one before but never made one. Yah need what yah call them?" The man holds out the gun to her. He snaps his hands "Yah know what be a blunderbuss?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 19 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 22:55
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha thanks the smith for the information
"Thank so much for the information. where can I find this Humfree you mention? Is he living here?"
And she asks for some directions of the smith can give them.
"A blunderbuss you say? have you seen one of those in this town? those can can be a beautiful piece of craft if manufactured properly."
Davian Koromos
 Half-Elf Fighter, 12 posts
 HP: 12, AC: 19
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +1
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 23:32
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Yes please, ma'am, and perhaps a bath if you've the facility?" it was apparent from the grime coating his armour that he had been wearing the breastplate for some time and both he and it needed a thorough cleaning. "A meal wouldn't go amiss either, walking makes me hungry and the last bunch of town-folk I got hired to guide left such a bad taste in my mouth I avoided eating."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 38 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 23:41
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Inn/Tavern:
With her eyes open wide, the plump woman hold a ale to her "Normally, yes I would say it would costs you but but alright. Free." She smiles at him "They came from here or somewhere else? That was a bit rude. A bit rude but I can tell your just tired. Yes yes. Alright. Would you like to talk about it or no? I can grab you something to eat? A bath can be arranged."

Smithy:
"Yes, blunderbuss. My grandfather gave it to my dad. He passed it to me. I don't use it, and its dusty but maybe its useable. I just have it as a decoration. Would you like to see it? And yes its in the marketplace. Do you need anything built or crafted? Horseshoe, or perhaps some sort of farming supply? With the right gear....." The smith pours some water over his face and he points out its the same tent area with the baubles.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 20 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 08:52
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha has a look at the blunderbuss that the smith has in his shop and checks if it's in good shape and working. Then she give the man some nice compliments on the weapon and tells him it's a beautiful piece of craft (which is true).
"And thank you for the offering on the manufacturing of items. I am interested in the ammunition manufacturing, as it's one of the things that are more difficult to procure."
Then she politely says goodbye
"Thank you anyway for your time. I'll head to the market and check on Humfree about the sulphur and saltpetre. Thank you anyway for your time."
And heads to the market.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 43 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 01:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Inn/Tavern:
The woman sits and waits on the traveler.

Smithy:
The gunslinger checks out the blunderbuss.

Make a Craft (Gunsmithing). You aren't trying to make it just check it out.

Once done and when she decides to she bids him goodbye and heads for the closed baubles tent.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 22 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 06:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville

07:30, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 15 using 1d20+6.  Craft gunsmithing. - [roll=1598423450.4388.347974]


Talitha heads to the market to find Humfree as suggested by the smith, folding his indications. She'll ask people in the market if she can't find him.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 45 posts
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 00:53
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE:
Coming out of the tent, a older man probably a gnome sits down on a small chair. He mutters under his breath and leans back pulling out a small vial. The gnome sniff it and grabs a small bowl, pouring it into it. The man grabs a small morter and pestel putting it next to it. He then puts some of the bowl into the pestel and starts to work on it. Visible is odds and ends, some potions line a wall on a small shelf. A small bookshelf is near him with a odd assorments of something in a wineskin, two small coins and a few other nicks and nacks ranging from a small pendent to four unknown vials. Nicks and nacks, odds and ends. He grabs a small plaque and flips it around revealing 'Humfree Trading Depot: Sell or Trade'

Some others are just talking and moving around. A burly man comes from the north with two mules hauling wood. He seems focused, moving through the small area and the mules stop near the tavern/inn. Its a bit busy. Everyone moves around, in and out. A older man comes out of the mayor's home and leans against the wall near it, seeming not armed wearing slightly better clothes but seems simple. He smiles as a few people walk by.

INN/TAVERN:
The woman waits the man and sits down, pulling out some of her knitting supplies. She seems patient, glancing up at him as he drinks.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 24 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 11:42
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha approaches the old man and sees him working on whatever alchemical solution he has in his bowl.
She has a look around with interest to the products in display, to understand the kind of business that Mr.Humfree owns.
"Hello, sorry to disturb you. Sir, I am looking for Mr. Humfree, I have been told he works with some alchemical components.
Then once she catches the old man's attention continues
My master owns a workshop and we are looking for some new sources of supply of some specific products and I've been told he might be worth contacting"

This message was last edited by the player at 12:23, Sun 30 Aug.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 48 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 19:29
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The gnome grumbles and points at the sign "I am Humphree. No Mr Humphree." He peers at the gunslinger "What are yah looking for eh? I got knicks and knacks. Possiblity of potions and some odd interesting trinkets. He's got a shop eh? What kind? Perhaps I haved done business and all that."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:30, Sun 30 Aug.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 25 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 20:11
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha soles as Humphree replies, gently bends over and takes out her pistol and carefully hands it over to him (unloaded).
"Very nice to meet you Humphree. My master specialises in crafting this beautiful pieces of art. And obviously we also manufacture their ammunition."
As she says that with one hand still next to the pistol with the other takes one cartridge and puts it on the table. She speaks softly and very friendly, with familiarity and kindness, but you can tell that it is a business speech she has practiced a few times.
"One of the biggest issues we currently have in my master's workshop is getting enough alchemical components, that is black powder or its raw components, for our cartridges. We have for hands working in the workshop and are capable of producing high standard and reliable products. But then we don't have enough components to feed our production. So wherever I go I try to find new sources of supply for it."
After saying so Talitha makes a pause and finishes
"I came here for some other business, but your name came in another conversation and I thought it would be a good thing to pay you a visit."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:12, Sun 30 Aug.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 49 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 22:52
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Tilting his head as he is giving the pistol, his eyes turn to it. The gnome grabs a small eyepiece and examines it for a moment as well as the bullet. He looks up at her "So you wish to well hired me do you not? I do not have the materials for it. But it is well made of course, of course. Well actually what do you need? I might have something you can use that may work. May not of course. As you can see I simply trade. Yes yes. Black powder you mentioned? A dwarf may be the best idea. Course I may know of them but have not seen one in awhile." He leans back in his chair "Black powder...." He rubs his gnarled chin and stands up rummaging into a small chest and kneels down to his makeshift bed and pulls out some fireworks "Ahh yes yes. Will this work? I can use my amazing skills to provide you with a small amount."
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 26 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 23:41
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The young girl takes one of the fireworks, and with a nail scratches some powder of the back of it and puts it in her mouth. She tastes it for a few seconds and replies
"This feels good. We could use some additional black powder if you can provide it. Of course the amount we need to manufacture firearms' ammunition is different than the one needed for fireworks, but I think we could reach an agreement."
She smiles and south's done minutes talking with Humphree about quantities he could provide, prices and some other technical details on the black powder. After a while she thanks Humphree for his time.
"Thank you for your time again. Now I should be going I have another appointment I shouldn't miss, but before I leave I will contact you again to confirm the conditions, so I can talk to Mr.Deschain."
And she ask him for the means to contact him if he's not at the shop.
After that she'll leave to the mayor's house as it should be approaching midday already.

OOC: I would buy some additional materials later to make some additional bullets, now I don't think I have money for it (and I don't need them yet)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 50 posts
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 23:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Go on go on. I'm going to find more. I bet I can make some interesting...yes yes. Please I'm busy." Humphree mutters he has little supplies besides the fireworks but might be able to make a small amount yet he lets her knows he has some other skills-mainly tinkering and he grabs the fireworks. The gnome fumbles around for a moment and sits down, grabbing some odds and ends and begins to work on well some odd material. He grabs a bell and rings it before putting it down to try to get other villagers to come on over "Welcome welcome to Humphrees!"

The gunslinger moves through some villagers and goes to the door. She knocks a few times.

No one comes to the door.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 27 posts
Wed 2 Sep 2020
at 21:01
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha will knock again after a minute if noone answers to the door. As she does it she's announce herself as well.
"Good morning! I'm looking for the mayor. My name in Talitha Deschain, I'm here as he requested a job to my master, Mr.Deschain"
Once she knocks and speaks, she'll remain silent trying to hear anything inside the house. She also checks if there is anything weird in the front door, but won't try to open it.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 52 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2020
at 02:43
(IC) Village of Mapleville
No one comes to the door. All the windows are closed, with dark drapes over them. There are two above on the second floor and they are closed as well. A few people wandered by but they don't say anything as they mingle about. Its hard to tell if they heard you. Some kids move about still playing.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 28 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2020
at 08:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After a few minutes waiting, Talitha decides that noone is at home. She was announced in advance of her arrival and she got no response of the mayor leaving town in that period, so she assumes the mayor is out somewhere in town.

So after thinking about it for a few seconds, she heads back to the inn, maybe there she can get some more information about the mayor, a decent meal and rest a little bit.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 54 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2020
at 17:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Wiping off the counter, the plump woman smiles as Talisha enters. Seeming asleep, the half-elf is slumped over and is resting on his arm "Poor lad. Wanted a room and so he paid for it. And he drank one, and passed out." She comes from around the bar, resting her hands over her apron "So are you enjoying your stay?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 30 posts
Thu 3 Sep 2020
at 20:44
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha responds friendly to the innkeeper
"So far the people in the town has been very friendly and welcoming, that makes any place a good place to stay."
She points outside with her thumb while talking
"But I found weird that when I tried to knock on the mayor's house it looked locked and none answered. Do you know where I can find him if not in his house?"
Then sits on the counter and pointing at the half elf says.
"Whatever he had."
Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 1 post
 AC: 18 FF: 14 TC: 15
 CMD: 15 HP: 10/10
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 01:13
(IC) Village of Mapleville
It was time, Maria had returned to visit the family home and now she needed to take the next step. Her family hadn't been happy when she had left to seek her fortunes, but she had come back alive so perhaps she would be forgiven in time. At least, that is what she hoped would happen. As Maria stepped outside the small cottage she turned to hug her mother. "I missed you, but I will make sure to visit again soon. Take care of Peter and father."


Inn/Tavern:
Maria grabbed her pony's bridle and began to replace the spikes on her armor before heading to the Inn. She needed to book a room since she hadn't planned to leave until tomorrow. She opened the door and swept in as she loudly announced, "Ah, it's good to be back in town! How have you been?" Maria walked to the counter and tossed a piece of gold atop it as she climbed into a seat, "Can I get myself a bed and a fine meal for the night?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:19, Fri 04 Sept.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 57 posts
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 01:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
As the woman goes to say something, she is interupted by Maria. Her eyes open wide "Maria! Is that you? Oh my! Oh my!" She hobbles over to the halfling and goes to hug her but stops as she sees all the spikes "What in tarnations? I am glad to see you!" She looks at her, looking from her tiny feet to her body "Come now, you didn't see your parents? They didn't let you stay? Oh my manners! This is well a newcomer? I didn't catch your name?" She glances at Tal and takes the gold and tosses it back "No no. I can't accept it. For you, its free. Come now both you, come sit. I will fetch you some ale or tea or...of course. I got some stew and bread. Its so nice to see you." The woman smiles "The mayor? He should be home. Tis odd. Probably at the temple. I bet he will return soon." She rubs her chin "Come sit and I will return." She glances at the three people.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 31 posts
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 11:31
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha is sitting in the counter next to where Maris is sitting.
"Hello, my name is Talitha Deschain. I'm here just for business, should be leaving in a couple of days. I can see you are from around. I'll be glad to have done conversation while eating.
While she waits for the food she'll reply to the innkeeper
"Mayor's house was oddly locked. Not like if he just went to run some errands. More like gone for a long trip... Anyway after eating I'll check again and if noone's home I'll check the temple. I'll need some directions."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:31, Fri 04 Sept.

Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 2 posts
 AC: 18 FF: 14 TC: 15
 CMD: 15 HP: 10/10
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 22:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Maria pulls a chunk of bread away from the loaf and starts to nibble at it while  she leans on the counter. "Of course I went to see my parents, but they still haven't forgiven me for leaving. Not that I don't understand them." Maria lets out a sigh, "At least they still have Peter. They would never forgive me if I had left them without an heir to the cobblery."

Maria turns to Talitha and looks at them pensively for a moment and quaffs the ale before coming to a decision. "The church wasn't here when I left. If you would like company when you go, then I would be interested in finding out what they are up to in there." Maria ends her statement with an enthusiastic gesture towards the church having replaced the bread in her hand with a bit of cheese.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:22, Sat 05 Sept.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 63 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 01:38
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After the innkeep comes out with three bowls of stew, the woman sits down and sips it "Locked? Oh dear he doesn't just leave. No, not at all. You must be mistaken, my dear. He never leaves. This is his home, has little reason for leaving. I bet he will return, do not fret." Another sip and she motions to the food and bread as well as ale "Come now, eat up. And indeed the temple is small and quaint. Peter you say? I bet he is glad your home as well as your parents, mark my words my dear Maria." She takes some of her tea.
Xander Balus
 NPC, 1 post
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 01:41
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Coming down the steps is a young man. He adjusts his glasses as he is reading something and not paying attention. The man walks over to the bar and sits, putting it down in front of him focuses on it. He flicks a few pages. Pondering, he taps the bar and the others catch his eye as he looks up but then he looks back at his book. His clothing looks old but decent, a cloak as well. Most of the colors are a bright blue, grey or white coloration. The frame of the man looks thin.

OOC
Perception Check

Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 3 posts
 AC: 18 FF: 14 TC: 15
 CMD: 15 HP: 10/10
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 05:42
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Maria's ears wiggle with intense focus, panning slightly to take in the entirety of the bar.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
OOC: 00:39, Today: Maria Bumblestone rolled 24 using 1d20+4. Tavern Perception.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 35 posts
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 07:01
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha very kindly accepts Maria's proposal.
"I would be glad if you'd help me around in town. A local is always the best guide. I'd like to go and check the mayor's house again before, if that's fine."
Then the young man goes down the stairs and his behaviour catches Talitha's attention.

07:50, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 20 using 1d20+7.  Perception. – [roll=1599375026.94703.347974]
Dungeon Master
 GM, 65 posts
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 11:51
(IC) Village of Mapleville
When they casually look around, he has some odd complex blue markings that swirl across their skin. They are faint but there.

The innkeeper glances at her then at Maria and Tal "Talks very little. Seems intent on books. He knows we got a small bookshop but seems hesitent. Strange of course. Maria knows of this but we got a small village. Of course we got a small storage area for food for the main village areas. We got farmers that come and go selling their wares and odds and ends. Oh and the temple. And a town hall. Mostly farms. Cobble area. A well, a mill linked to it. Most you need can be provided if its well normal so to speak." She sips her tea after she finishes her food "Stables of course, almost forgot." She seems hesitant.

She stands up, taking her kettle and a cup and goes to him, pouring the tea into the cup. He nods his head and smiles briefly up at her as he sips the tea and goes back to reading.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:37, Sun 06 Sept.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 37 posts
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 22:25
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Odd man. I met a few of these book obsessed guys before. They usually end up hitting his head to a column because they keep their noses in their books even when walking. Talitha makes a funny comment to Maria in a quiet voice.
"Anyway, should we make a move? I'd like to check again the mayor's house before checking in the temple."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 70 posts
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 22:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The man turns, hearing what was said and sighs. He stands up, grabbing his book. Adjusting his hood, he raises it up and turns from them, fiddling and tapping the bar "Would it be alright if I...."

"No need to ask. Go on. If you need anything let me know." THe inkeeper watches the man. She turns and puts her plump hands over her lap. She smiles and once done, grabs the dishes and empty mug and goes into the kitchen, returning shortly and leaning on the bar.

Xander nods his head and heads out through the front door.

"Well I will be here of course. Be well." THe innkeep nods.
Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 4 posts
 AC: 18 FF: 14 TC: 15
 CMD: 15 HP: 10/10
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 02:15
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Maria nods to Talitha and says, "Let's get on with it then." She drops out of her chair with a small grunt and waits for Talitha by the door. Maria looks pensive for a moment and whispers to Talitha as they exit, "What do you think that man's up to here?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 38 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 09:16
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Thank you for the food. It was very nice."
She greets the innkeeper and moves to the front door where Maria is waiting.
"Not sure what a man like him will be doing in a small town. But I've met some of their kind. They are always looking for a weird tome of something to study, so I guess he is chasing something similar. So... How is that you left this beautiful town, and why did you come back?


That wizard rolled a 20 to hear me gossiping about him in low voice from the other table hahahaha. Anyway I like Talitha being a little bit of a big mouth.
10:09, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 26 using 1d20+7.  Perception check. – [roll=1599469783.22351.347974]

This message was last edited by the player at 09:17, Mon 07 Sept.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 72 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 09:58
(IC) Village of Mapleville
As the two of them leave the inn, the gunslinger notices the man entering the stables the next building over attached to the inn. The marketplace and square are the typical spots. Like before, small tents and carts line the area with people selling goods-mainly food. Humphee's tent is closed. The mayor's home sits near the main square not far from the inn.
Xander Balus
 NPC, 2 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 14:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
A minute passes and Xander sits down on the ground in the stable area by the inn. He adjusts his feet, indian style and pulls out some parchment. He looks up at times towards the stables then goes back to what he's writing keeping his hood over his face.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 40 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 16:24
(IC) Village of Mapleville
As they leave the inn Talitha notices something odd from the stables. Some grunting sound, like something being licked. Not sure what it is she feels the sound does not match what should be on a stable, so she makes a mental note to have a look later if she can get some work done today.
They both go to the mayor's house once again and Talitha knocks on the door.
"Do you know the mayor? I hope he's back from where he went." asks to Maria.
If noone replies again inside the house she'll try to open the door (just turn the doorknob).

This message was last edited by the player at 16:25, Mon 07 Sept.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 76 posts
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 16:55
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Opening the door is a elderly lady. She adjusts her glasses and peers up as she's slightly hunched over "Hello?" The woman glances over and sees Maria "Maria? Oh my." She smiles and goes to hug the halfling and steps back "How are you? Oh I am sorry. I am Helga." She smiles as she looks over at Tal.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:16, Mon 07 Sept.

Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 5 posts
 AC: 18 FF: 14 TC: 15
 CMD: 15 HP: 10/10
Tue 8 Sep 2020
at 01:42
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Maria looks up to Talitha as she walks. "I went to town because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life cobbling like my father and brother. My father took it a little less kindly than I would've appreciated," Maria lets out a long sigh, "They still deserve to know I'm alive and kicking though, so I thought that I would stop here before I set out on my next adventure. Even if my mother was the only one willing to talk to me." She scuffs her boots on the dirt road and kicks a stone loose as she reminisces.

As Talitha knocks on the mayor's door Maria answers, "Yeah, he has been mayor for as long as I can remember." She turns to look at Helga as she answers the door. Maria notices Helga's aborted hug and sighs, "Here, give me a moment. Not my brightest idea putting these back in," as she removes her armor spikes. Once they have been removed, she gives Helga a hearty hug with a smile, "I'm doing well enough. How are your grandkids doing?"

20:26, Today: Maria Bumblestone rolled 16 using 1d20+4.  exiting tavern perception.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 80 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2020
at 02:39
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Oh they are doing well. But my daughter has been sick. Her husband has been taken care of them, rightly so. Loves them dearly he does. His life is for her and the kids, nothing more. Such a dear." The old woman leans against the door "And you are?" She seems slightly happy to see Maria, and glances at Tal "Oh my manners. Would you like to see my husband? He has been ill. I can check to see if he is up for visitors. Rather old gets the better of us at times."

Across the way, Xander stands up and puts his parchement and notepad into his pack. He goes back into the stables for a moment and comes out before moving to head back to the inn but something makes one heck of a sound.

ROAR!

Xander stops, lowering his head and taking off his glasses before replacing them and turns back to the stables and heads back to it.

People stops and look at the stables and rush back into their homes, clearing out the area. Humphree pops his head out "What in blazes was that?"

Helga looks at the stables, adjusting her glasses.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:49, Tue 08 Sept.

Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 6 posts
 AC: 18 FF: 14 TC: 15
 CMD: 15 HP: 10/10
Tue 8 Sep 2020
at 06:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"I think we are about to find out!" Maria exclaims as she takes off towards the stables. She throws a look back and shouts, "Are you coming Talitha?" Maria might not know what was going on, but she had a dawning suspicion that her pony's life expectancy was dropping by the moment.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 43 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2020
at 08:41
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha hesitates for a couple of seconds and finally talks to Helga.
"I'm sorry to hear your husband is not feeling well right now. I come on behalf of Mr. Deschain, the firearms craftsman. Your husband wanted to have a weapons created by my master and he sent me to discuss the details. He was expecting me today, but I understand that this is not the best time."
She takes a couple of seconds and continues.
"If you could let me know when it would be a better time I'll come back then."
Once Helga replies with a more suitable time she'll say goodbye politely and follow Maria back to the stables.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 82 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2020
at 12:08
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Helga rubs her chin "I will talk to him. Perhaps tonight if that works?" Her eyes dart towards the stables.

The wizard pauses and holds a hand up towards Maria and Tal as they approach. Xander looks into the room and suddenly a massive tiger leaps from the stables ignoring him. It then stares at Maria, growling and lets out a roar. It has some sort of leather armor, moving between the man and the two woman approaching as if guarding him.


Xander moves towards him casually as the tiger slowly growls. He whistles "Nala down!" The tiger growls again and then lowers itself to the ground. Xander gets in its face, watching him. Oddly the albino tiger would be white and black but strangely the black stripes are more of a blue color.

Humphree jumps up and ducks back into his tent! Some people watch from their second floor.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 45 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2020
at 20:28
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha tenses when the best appears and you see her hand instinctively going to her side where her pistol is. When Xander controls the beast she seems to relax slightly.
"Are you allowed to keep this best in the premises? there is a lot of people that creature could hurt. You should be more careful with leaving animals like this one unchained."
And checks for Maria's response as a local before continuing.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 85 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2020
at 21:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"You see a threat. I see a ally." The wizard doesn't look at her and stands up, the tiger looks up at him and he whistles. It stands up and nudges his arm. It looks at the gunslinger and growls "And is it wise to ride horses? Could they not harm as well? She watches. Waits. But harm others she won't unless threatend." He seems calm.

When Nala hears being chained, it growls. The wizard gently pets his head, slow and steady. He motions for the two of them to come over, despite the growling.

Slowly people come out, seeing as it calmed down but they give the tiger and wizard a wide bearth. Humphree remains in his tent and Helga watches what is going on seeming to not be afraid. Perhaps she has seen a lot "As long as he can control it, then I suppose it is alright. But if it does harm anyone, he will be asked to leave."

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:31, Tue 08 Sept.

Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 8 posts
 AC: 19 FF: 14 TC: 16
 CMD: 16 HP: 10/10
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 23:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
As the tiger roars at Maria, she crouches her knees, squares her shoulders, leans back, takes in a deep breath, and lets loose a roar. At least, she attempts to roar. Instead, it comes out closer to a pitiful mewl as she breaks into a coughing fit. She splutters and coughs, "F-First... rule of tavern fighting... don't blink... first."

Maria takes a moment to catch her breath after Talitha's statement and pounds a hand on their chest to clear their throat. Maria responds to Xander, "When is the last time you heard of a horse mauling someone and eating them? Sure, you can get your head split open if you poke their buttocks, but they aren't going to eat anyone." She frowns as she hears Helga's answer, but stops herself from answering. Their town, their rules. It's not my place to change them.

She cautiously walks around the tiger to check on her pony. Perhaps it would still live out a long life instead of becoming tiger chow.

17:52, Today: Maria Bumblestone rolled 7 using 1d20+5.  Counter-roar: Intimidate the tiger back.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 94 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 23:32
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The tiger growls at the halfling, eyes narrowed. It keeps its jaw open and Xander gently pets its head. Its a lot bigger then the halfling. Heads haunched up it leaps and lands in front of the halfling. Face to face with the fighter. It roars loudly. Xander moves towards it and pets its head "Relax." The tiger steps back and sits down, watching Maria. Its eyes stay locked on the halfling as it moves around and into the stable "It will not harm anyone unless provoked. Or to protect me. Please do not do that again." Xander seems calm despite what the halfing attempted.

As she goes to check on her pony, it seems fine and drinks some water inside the stables. The pony looks up at her and whinnies and goes back to drinking water and eating some hay.

"Touch him." Xander watches the gunslinger now. The tiger rests its head upon its paws, licking them.


The mayor's wife doesn't move for a moment and slowly moves towards it. When she gets to it, the tiger looks at her, eyes narrow but she goes to pet him. It growls but doesn't snap at her. Several villagers watch, the kids hiding behind their parents. It allows her to pet it for a moment and Helga backs up.

OOC
I assume you were attempted to demoralize him. DC 17. So nope!


After a few minutes, the gnome comes out back to the marketplace. He grumbles and turns, as he hears the meow from the halfling "Yes time to sell. Welcome to Humphrees!" And the roar of the tiger totally freaks him out and he darts back into the tent "I'm never going to sell anything!" It can be heard muffled from the tent. Got to love him.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:29, Thu 10 Sept.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 51 posts
Thu 10 Sep 2020
at 08:48
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha reluctantly approaches the tiger and pets it slightly.
"If people in town have no problems about this a foreigner will not complain about it... And given that you heard us earlier, I think I'll ask the question anyway... Are you here in business as I am?"
Then she turns to Maria with a subtle smile.
"You did well. It was impressive."
Then shrugs her shoulders and continues
"Well it looks I'll be free until dinner time. Do you want to have a look at the temple Maria?"
Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 9 posts
 AC: 19 FF: 14 TC: 16
 CMD: 16 HP: 10/10
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 05:14
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Maria gives Talitha a frustrated look and complains in an upset voice as she scuffs the dirt, "I know I messed it up, you don't have to patronize me." She takes a calming breath to center herself and answers, "Hopefully the church doesn't have celestial tigers as well..." She takes a confident step before turning to ask, "Do you know where the church is? It wasn't here the last time I visited."
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 52 posts
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 06:40
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"The innkeeper gave me some directions, if I understood well it should be over there."
And points at the end of the street.
Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 10 posts
 AC: 19 FF: 14 TC: 16
 CMD: 16 HP: 10/10
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 07:11
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Maria begins walking once more with renewed confidence in the direction Talitha points.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 96 posts
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 11:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The wizard watches as the gunslinger pets the tiger. He then goes to each person in the square, talking to them privately and then converses with the mayor's wife. They talk for a bit, the tiger on the ground watching the marketplace.

As the halfling and human head fro the temple, they do arrive. No one is outside and the doors are closed. Its a small building.

This is over the doorway:
https://pathfinderwiki.com/med...nrae_holy_symbol.jpg

OOC
You can make Knowledge (Religion) Checks to figure out what god it is and/or perception checks to see if you want to hear what the mage is talking to the mayor's wife or whatnot.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:09, Fri 11 Sept.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 53 posts
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 21:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha is still a little bit suspicious about the men they met at the inn, so when he speaks the the mayor's wife, she can't help it and tries to pick up what they're talking about.

22:19, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 25 using 1d20+7.  Perception check. – [roll=1599859142.72522.347974]
Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 11 posts
 AC: 19 FF: 14 TC: 16
 CMD: 16 HP: 10/10
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 22:02
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Maria steps forward to knock upon the door, "Hello? Is anybody in there?" The symbol on the door looked promising. After all, when was the last time somebody heard of an evil cult whose symbol was a polite lady welcoming people. However, while fiendish tigers seemed out of the running, celestial tigers were still a distinct possibility.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 97 posts
Fri 11 Sep 2020
at 23:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Opening the door is a gnome. She has blond hair with blue eyes, her hair is long with a braid. Tilting her head, the woman looks at the gunslinger and fighter. The woman also is wearing a white shirt with the symbol, and with grey leggings and white boots "Welcome to the temple of Sarenrae. How may I help you?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:41, Sat 12 Sept.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 54 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 06:16
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha attempted to hear what the mage was talking to the mayor's wife. He just seemed a little bit odd and she wasn't sure of his intentions.
Anyway, after a while she rushes towards the temple to catch up with Maria, who's walking that way.
"Sorry I got distracted."
She follows Maria to the temple.
Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 12 posts
 AC: 19 FF: 14 TC: 16
 CMD: 16 HP: 10/10
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 06:32
(IC) Village of Mapleville
When the gnome answers the door, Maria freezes for a moment and ticks off her fingers for a moment. She adopts a pensive pose for a moment before leaning over to Talitha and cupping her hand to whisper up, "What are we here for anyway? Are we just introducing ourselves? Like I said, the church is a new thing, and I forgot on the way over."
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 55 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 07:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha smiles at Maria
"Well, initially I was coming here to check if I could find the mayor, as suggested by the innkeeper. But since we've found out he's stuck at home, maybe it doesn't make sense anymore... Let's chat with this lady anyway, she might now what's the health problem of the mayor."

And turns at the priestess and with a gentle smiles says
"Hello!"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 98 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 11:24
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The gnome watches the two woman, giving them both a odd look as if she heard all that was said being right next to them in the doorway "If you do not need anything, I bid you good day as I have other things to tend to." She goes to close the door but her eyes open wide as Tal basically yells at her with her hello "Is there something you need?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 56 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 21:01
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha smiles gently.
"Actually we came here looking for advice regarding the mayor. I came here to close a deal he was making with my master, and as I arrived here this morning I found he's been ill and I'm afraid that will hinder the meeting. I came here just to know if you knew something regarding the mayor's health condition, and if I should write to my master to express my concerns, as probably you might know better if it is something to be worried about."
She tries to sound harmless and puts on her best face but with little success.

21:59, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 4 using 1d20.  Diplomacy. – [roll=1599944395.16454.347974]

This message was lightly edited by the player at 21:01, Sat 12 Sept.

Pike Trickfoot
 NPC, 1 post
Sun 13 Sep 2020
at 04:35
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The woman glances at Maria and looks at Tal unsure of how to answer her "The mayor was tended to, that is all I can say. If you are concern, I suggest you speak with his wife and himself. Is there anything else?" She looks up at the human and is more eye to eye with the halfling.
Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 14 posts
 AC: 19 FF: 14 TC: 16
 CMD: 16 HP: 10/10
Sun 13 Sep 2020
at 04:45
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Maria scratches her ear as she says to the priestess, "I think that is everything. I suppose we won't be troubling you anymore. Fare the well." Maria skips a few steps away from the church before beginning to walk backwards as she asks Talitha, "I suppose that everything as far as business is concerned. What do you say to getting drunk until your meeting tonight?"

OOC: Maria is proposing a timeskip since we seem to have taken care of introductions to the town, unless there is anything she missed.
Pike Trickfoot
 NPC, 2 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 00:05
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The gnome glances at Tal and Maria "May Sarenrae guide you. Go in peace." The door is then shut, leaving the halfling and human once more.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 102 posts
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 00:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After a few minutes, the tavern is within eyeshot. The marketplace has several people again, moving from tent to tent, wagon to wagon. Humphree is outside his tent fiddling around with some weird small objects. The mayor's wife isn't around. And the large tiger is curled up at the tavern entrance. Xander is nowhere to be seen.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 57 posts
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 06:32
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha feels a little bit disappointed about the visit to the temple. She was expecting a more talkative kind of person taking care of the temple, and she didn't get any information from here.
She's starting to suspect that Father not only asked her to come here to close the deal to help her breathe a little bit, but because he didn't want to deal with all this complexities in the commercial side of his business.
Anyway, when Maria proposes going back to the tavern she sees no problem at all.
"I think I need a drink, but I can get drunk until I close this deal with the mayor.

Edit
When they arrive at the tavern and the tiger is at the entrance Talitha gets her hand close to her weapon casually and goes cros the door ready to defend herself if needed.
Once inside the tavern she talks to the innkeeper
"You're lucky you're the only inn in town. Keeping a tiger at the front door would make you run out of business wire quickly... Anyway, this mage that is starting here is kind of weird, and very confident that his tiger do not bother the rest of the customers or folks in town. Definitely an odd man."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:05, Mon 14 Sept.

Maria Bumblestone
 Halfling Fighter, 15 posts
 AC: 19 FF: 14 TC: 16
 CMD: 16 HP: 10/10
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 23:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Maria grumbles upon seeing the tiger in front of the door, "Really? He might as well have brought the damnable thing into the tavern. Would definitely cause less issues than this..." She goes around the side of the building and bangs on a door, "Humphree, you've got an overgrown cat blocking the front, and I'm too short to jump over it. Can you let me in?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 105 posts
Tue 15 Sep 2020
at 00:56
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The tiger looks up, blocking the entrance into the tavern. It stands up, growling at Tal as she has her hand near the gun. Its eyes narrow, back haunching upwards. Its maw alone looks like it rip apart a limb easily. The innkeeper doesn't seem present as the tiger tenses up. A whistling sound is heard from inside and the mage comes down from upstairs. It tenses up and then relaxes, moving into the tavern. Xander walks up to it, and kneels down. It rubs against him and the innkeeper comes down the steps from the upper floors. She crosses her arms over her chest "Put the tiger outside. Go on. Blocking the entrance, shame on you." The tiger lets out a yawn and the mage guides the tiger outside, telling it to heel and sit.

Xander goes back inside staring at the gunslinger "Excuse me? You look at someone that is different and then you insult them when you don't know them."

The innkeeper steps between them and looks at Xander "Your both are guests. So please stop alright?"

Xander's eyes seem to glow a blueish coloer then dim. He nods his head to the innkeeper "My apologies. This is your residence." Tilting his head he bows slightly and steps away, sitting at the bar with a piece of cloth on top of something.

The innkeeper looks at Tal. "Well then, I suggest you apologize as well alright? All that judgment doesn't do you any good no? I'm a big burly woman-are you going to say something bout my weight? No you won't. You seem to hang around a new friend there right? So going to say something bout her height? So why judge someone you don't really know?" The innkeeper seems to stand her ground, adjusting her apron "Not trying to be rash my dear, not at all. But looking at people without knowing them is not right. Not at all." She goes to rest her hand upon the human's arm "Come and sit alright?" She glances at the sylph "Got something to show her dear? Go on."

Xander looks at them then down at the cloth. Its about the size of a 2'x3' something.

Humphree looks over from his tent and puts down his odd glasses. He watches as Maria tries to find a different way in and he chuckles at this and speaks out loudly "Maria? Get yer over here. I don't run that dang tavern. Forget already?" When he sees the tiger and Tal looking like it was about to make her dinner, he closes his eyes "No no no.." And when he opens it, the tiger is against the side of the tavern, laying down in the shade seemung to be asleep "Well then well yes. Come on over Maria. Get over here lass." He stands up, motioning for her to come over.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:39, Tue 15 Sept.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 60 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2020
at 21:35
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha listens carefully to what Zella says and the reasoning from Xander carefully… and starts laughing. Laughing very hard
“Really? Are you playing the racist card with me for this? Do you think I think you are weird because of how you look?” she keeps laughing
“Well… let me explain to you why I think you are weird. It’s not because of how you look, but because of how you behave.”
She stops laughing and her face turns more severe.
“The first time I saw you, you were putting your nose in a book, not even caring about your surroundings or anyone in the room. I’ve met a lot of people that are so in love with their books that they do not even look at other people when talking to them. And I do not belittle them or think they are bad people. They are indeed good customers, so no complaints from my side. But tell me that not looking at people when talking to them is normal, because everyone I know looks in the eyes when talking to other people. At that moment I found it amusing, and I even liked you.
She shrugs her shoulders.
”And tell me I was wrong and you weren’t planning to visit the bookshop in town or the library even if just out of curiosity. Please.”
She stops talking to the mage for a second and while she looks at the innkeeper she keeps muttering “Your look really? Me? Racist?”
After a second she puts her furious eyes in Xander again.
“But then you sir come here with a huge deadly tiger and you leave it roaming around the town freely. I understand you are confident that it is harmless. I have the best aim with my crafted weapon that any creature in the country could have. I am confident that I could shoot to the other side of the street 40 feet from here and hit that nail that stands out in the wall. But I am not shooting at things unnecessarily because I understand that accidents happen. It’s not about how confident you are on your pet, it's about being able to understand the risks. There are kids that challenge each other to throw stones to the monster, a drunk man that shows up and get into a fight, and a thousand other scenarios where an animal that obviously can tear a human limb is not a wise idea. Yes, having a deadly animal as a pet is weird, but not realising that it is very dangerous and leaving it roaming free in a populated area is not only weird, it is reckless. So that’s why I think you are weird. Because of your weird and reckless behaviour... I couldn’t care less about your looks”
Her face has been turning red as she was speaking. She finalises with a very sarcastic tone, while she makes wild gesticulations with her arms.
“And now sir, please go and leave you huge deadly tiger outside in the street if you please because that’s what normal people do. Actually what don’t you send it to play with the kids? For sure that is completely safe and no accidents never happened when huge felines were playing with little kids that have no boundaries. If you think that is completely safe it’s because it is and I will not think you are weird for having a complete lack of prevision or care about the people that might get hurt. Now if you excuse me I’ll go to my room… Sorry Maria not in the mood of a drink anymore.”
Then she storms out, gets in the inn and with a fiercer face than the tiger’s she walks up the stairs and disappears in her room.
For those who can listen while she leaves to her room, she keeps muttering “Racist, really? me?” all the way up the stairs.

OOC: Calling her racist was not a good idea imo hahahaha. Sorry I wanted to write this since yesterday but I needed time lol.
Btw, Xander might be 120% confident on how much he can control his tiger, but a first level familiar has the intelligence and self control of an average creature of that species

Dungeon Master
 GM, 110 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2020
at 22:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage remains where he is, watching this woman. He looks at Zella and goes outside without a word. The tiger stands up, and Xander climbs up on it as he leaves with it leaving the item on the bar. He doesn't say a word to Tal, knowing it would make things far worse and thinking she wants nothing to do with him.

Zella takes off her apron, putting it on the counter and grabs the key if needbe, walks up to the second floor following after her. She pulls out her coin purse, with the money she provided and holds it out to her "Please speak with the mayor when you can. You are not welcome here, I am afraid. You insulted me and Xander, and he had left. Is that what you wish? I mean no offense at all and you act like a child, running away. And by the way...." Zella holds out the painting which is that of Tal that Xander painted and it looks impressive. "He does a marvelous job and did it for nothing. You should be ashamed by your actions. No one called you racist. You liked him and ended up insulted him. He was ashamed. I did not agree with the tiger but he kept it under control." She sighs before turning to leave "Perhaps you will meet him again and will think about my words. I have spoken to him in the past, and he was kind and considerate. All of this because you didn't agree with the tiger. He keeped it under control at least for now and it did not harm anyone. You didn't know him." She glances at her, tears forming on her eyes "Good day." The door is closed and Zella goes back down.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:14, Wed 16 Sept.

Humphree
 NPC, 3 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2020
at 22:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The gnome watches Xander takes off on his tiger and looks over at Maria probably not hearing anything that happened. He rubs his chin "Maria?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 61 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 08:31
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha stops as Zella talks to her and she looks at her hand with the money in it in disbelief. Talitha's eyes are in the verge of tears, and as she bites her lip with a broken voice tells the innkeeper
"You can keep the money as compensation for whatever insult you recall I said to you or this establishment. I'm sorry if you think it had something to do with you. I'll pick up my things and leave."
She goes in silence to her room, picks her stuff and leaves in silence. She looks very upset and leaves without waiting for Maria.

Talitha will go to the market for a walk and to check the different shops, while she waits for the time when she's meeting the mayor.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 111 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 10:13
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"It has everything to do with me. You insulted another guest and myself. He left without a word instead of arguing with a child which is how you acted. Shall I put you over my knee and bang your bottom? You have no right to speak to me or anyone else in that tone. Yet you did. All of this because a tiger that never harmed anyone, for a man who barely said a word to you. It was trained and would not harm anyone despite how you felt-I understand how you feel but telling him he did not realize it was completely wrong. The man knows exactly what it is capable of and leashing it would make it act exactly what you want You could have gone about it in a different fashion, not raising your voice and talk to him like a civilized adult but that is now how it went. I truly understand how you felt but the way you went about it was completely wrong. You just blew up instead of acting like a adult. Some day I hope you truly understand the gravity of the situation. I do not know anything about you but when you entered this establishment and said the things you said-it has everything to do with me." Zella puts the money and tosses it over to her "Please leave." The tears on her face have grown but it her tone is simple. Not yelling "Go." She grabs a cloth and wipes the bar, trying to focus and goes over to some chairs. The woman puts them where they should be and starts to clean up.

OUTSIDE:
Maria is probably standing there looking confused as the gnome walks up to her.

Everything outside is going about normal now with several people mingling now going about doing their daily tasks. Some people nod to Maria and wave.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:13, Fri 18 Sept.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 62 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 20:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha trying to keep a proud position won't take the money, leaving it in the counter wherever Zella has left it.

She walks to the market and tries to focus on something else. She goes to the shops and checks with several shop owners where she can get some food that is not the tavern and of the is any other place to stay as well.
She checks which shops sell consumables as well (potions, flasks, etc.). Not because she'll but anything at this point, but to put her mind somewhere else.
Once it's close to dinner time when the mayor's wife told her to come back she'll go again to the mayor's house.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 113 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 14:18
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Some of the people give the gunslinger free food, not asking for anything in return. There's no potion place that she finds, just some odd trinkets. There's no sign of Maria at the moment, probably mingling with people and probably with Humphree. One of the market workers has some empty flasks and attempts to sell them to Tal for 3 silver (5 flasks). None of the flasks have anything in them and they have corks.

Zella comes out of the inn holding a pouch and some rolled up parchment. She puts them on a barrel near the inn, turns and goes back inside without a word. The door is then closed.

A small cloaked form comes into the market area, a white cloak with some yellow along the bottom and heads towards the blacksmith. Some people walk by the cloak person, nodding their head to it.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 63 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 15:43
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha with thank effusively everyone that give her some food for free. She is just finding where she can buy some food for tonight, but if she gets it for free she'll take it.
The girl thinks the deal about the flasks is good enough. The glass send of good manufacture and you never know if they'll be useful later, so she pays and puts them in her backpack.
As she's closing the deal she sees the mysterious figure and asks the man she's talking to if he knows him. Regardless of the answer afterwards she'll quickly walk to have a closer look at the figure.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 114 posts
Sat 19 Sep 2020
at 18:14
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The cloak person keeps itself some distance ahead afters the talk to the smith as Tal talks to the person about who it was. The man looks at the gunslinger "A lass from the Sarenrae temple. Don't know much but she's always friendly."

The parchment is blown into the air and lands upon the ground. No one seems to notice it.

The cloak person walks back to the temple but goes a different way, probably to check on some people that she may or may not have help or someone in the temple helped.

The town seems to get more quiet now as some depart to their homes for dinner as its about 6:00.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 64 posts
Sun 20 Sep 2020
at 22:04
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Seeing that is the time agreed to visit the mayor, Talitha heads back to his house. Once in the front door, she spends a few seconds trying to place herself in the right state of mind to talk about the deal she came to the town to discuss. She looks straight to the door and knocks effusively.
She waits in the front door for someone to open it.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 116 posts
Mon 21 Sep 2020
at 01:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
As two people walk by heading home, they looks down and grab the parchment. One of them looks at it and glances around. They approached the mayors home, holding the parchment as the mayor's wife opens the door "Good evening my dear. My husband still isn't feeling well but I do have some of what he was interested in. Its for my son-in-law. A way of saying thank you for all he has done." She holds out a piece of parchement, folded up with some twine and she holds out a pouch.

The other two-a male and female approached "Excuse me?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 65 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 09:19
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha smiles at the mayor's wife.
"I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he recovers soon. Anyway if you are happy with it,you could provide me with the details, so I can gather all the information and further other details. Once I have them we will be ready to start."
Then she hears the two people approaching to the door with the parchment, and she moves aside so they can speak to the wife.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 117 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 12:49
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The woman gives you a odd look and points at the parchement she gave you "Its right there, all the information needed and some coins for your work and to get you home." She looks over at the two people approaching and smiles but they turn to Tal "I think this is yours. Found it in the street." He holds up the parchment which is a decent size.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 66 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 22:18
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha seems puzzled with the situation. Suddenly she's holding two parchments, one in each hand. She's not sure what is going on but thanks the couple and once they leave she turns to the wife again.
"That was... odd. Well, thank you very much madam for taking care of this while you're husband is not feeling well. I hope he feels better soon. I'll bring this to my master and we'll start working straight away."
Then she goes to a quieter place to check both documents. One she'll check that everything is in order and according to specifications. The other one she has no idea what it is.

I was going to say that the mayor gave me a payment note to be converted in the city bank, so we can still play the whole closing the deal and getting paid part before and the rest until completion, but with no cheering on the money I carry :)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 118 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 22:29
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The wife bids you goodnight as she has to tend to her husband. Once its all done, the gunslinger finds a safe place to sit on a barrel and looks at each parchment and the pouch. All is relatively quiet. Maria seems to have gone elsewhere perhaps into the tavern/inn or to her parent's home. Few people move around the area and go into their homes. Several buildings are lit up but have closed shuttered doors. It seems peaceful. Nighttime.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:00, Wed 23 Sept.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 67 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 15:19
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks at the documents and place them in her bag safely. She'll need to return the drawing to Xander if he finds him later or maybe tomorrow. She'll probably sleep by the stables, wrapped in her blanket... It's not the first time people kick her out and make her sleep in the street, so she'll be fine.

Talitha returns to the mayor's house and politely asks if she can keep the payment until the next day. It's a lot of money to carry around. While doing so she tries to recall if she got any answers from the shop owners in the market about other places to stay.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:59, Wed 23 Sept.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 119 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 16:03
(IC) Village of Mapleville
None of the shopkeepers know of any place to stay other then the inn from what she recalls. A few of the people this time of the night keep refering to the inn. And possibly the temple. Slowly people retreat back to their homes leaving the young girl on the street alone. There's some torch lights flickering along the roads. The stable looks dark and eery and there's a glow coming from inside the inn. Several place are slightly lit up. Its about 8 pm.

The raindrops begin to flow down and start to build up a pace as the gunslinger is slowly getting soaked.


This message was last edited by the GM at 18:27, Wed 23 Sept.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 68 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:11
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha approaches the inn slowly, but the moment it starts raining she runs to avoid getting wet. She stops under the frame of the inn, just enough to avoid the light rain that is quickly building up.
Once there she searches the drawing from Xander and puts the parchment in the inn through a crack in the door. She doesn't want it to be ruined by the water.
Then she takes her blanked and uses it to protect the cartridges and the documents provided by the wife. If the gunpowder gets wet they'll be wasted and she'd hate that. And she didn't want to disturb the mayor again because her clumsiness ruined the documents and she needs to request the information again. After a minute or so both the cartridges and the documents are tightly packed with the blanket, which she then puts back in her backpack and closes it. That should keep them dry.

Once she's finished she leaves the entrance of the inn and starts looking for a place under cover, probably the back of any house. She's spent many nights like this and with s bit of roof over her head she'll be fine, even is she has to be standing up all night.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 120 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:24
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The parchement of the painting is too big to shove under the door (its about 1/4") and the painting all wrapped up is about the size of a fist if not more (being 2' wide). Unfortunatly the door is closed and probably locked. As she looks around the closest place to get under shelter is the stables a few yards away attached to the inn. She takes all the cartriges and documents and puts them into the blanket to keep them safe in her backpack, the painting is probably put there as well.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 69 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:46
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha knows that the stables are the closest building with cover, but she doesn't want to get into them as they belong to the inn and she's already disrespected Zella once and she won't do twice trespassing her property.
She moves quickly towards the temple, hoping to find something else before.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 121 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 20:57
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Soaked by now, the gunslinger approaches the door. Several lights are visible beneath closed windows with shutters. The door is knocked upon and the same gnome opens the door slightly "Hello? Oh your drenched." Pike opens the door for entrance. Its a small temple with a higher up area for worship. Several pews line the wall and there are two doors on opposite sides with closed doors. There are windows with closed shutters. Several candles are lit, mainly around the main worshiping area. Its about 40x40 made of wood along the walls anr roof, some stone walls reach up beneath the windows. She motions for her to sit in one of the pews and goes into a side room. Soon she comes out with some towels and puts them down by the gunslinger "The priest isn't here but if you want to pray, you may." She smiles at her "I do not think we met, least formally. I'm Pike."
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 70 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 21:48
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha smiles at the gnome. "thank you very much. I was getting soaked and I had nowhere to go" the gunslinger accepts the towels and starts drying herself with them. "I'm Talitha, nice to meet you. You saved me tonight."
Once she's more or less dry she carefully removed her blanket and then methodically checks the cartridges one by one making sure they are dry. Then puts the documents in the user to help remove any trace of humidity they may have."Would it be fine if I stay here for a few hours until the rain stops? Weather is horrible right now, and a roof over my head would be much appreciated."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 122 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 21:56
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Of course." The gnome nods her head and sits down, glancing at her "This is a place of peace and serenity. Your safe." She smiles, and turns her head and closing her eyes. Her hands go to the pendent after she sits down before the main worship area. Pike goes silent.

The sound of rain keeps coming down, seeming to not want to stop. A boom comes from above anda brief flash comes from below a window. Still the gnome doesn't move.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 71 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 19:59
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Ayer a while, once all bullets have been checked to be dry and so are the documents, Talitha puts everything back in its place. She takes the leather armour off, so she wears only a while linen shirt and a pair of robust trousers (and her pistol). She carefully leaves the armour dry by her side and she wraps herself in the blanket, sitting in a corner of the room.
After a few minutes she falls asleep.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 123 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 22:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Time passes.

Tal's leather seems to have been cleaned as well as her boots. They are placed by a pew, visible. A pillow and two blankets have been placed over her for warmth. Her pack is near her where she put it down. Its hard to tell what time it is but a dripping sound can be heard above. Her blanket is near her armor, folded up. The room is darker now, some of the candles have been extinguished. Its quiet besides the rain drops. No one seems to be in the room but its hard to tell because of the lesser light.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 72 posts
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 22:45
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha does not question here luck right now. She'll thank the gnome lady in the morning. She gathers her stuff around her and wraps herself in the blankets and keeps sleeping until sunrise.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 124 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 01:18
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The rain starts to come down again, the sound above coming down harder but at least the gunslinger is warm and safe as she tries to sleep. But then something seems to be banging on one of the windows.

Whack. Whack. Whack. Whack. Whack.


From where Tal is attemping to sleep once more its hard to tell if its coming from outside or within the small temple.

OOC
Make a Intelligence Check. You can also make a Perception check as well.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 73 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 06:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha tries to go back to sleep while listens the noise, wondering what it is and for how long will it last.


07:20, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 9 using 1d20+7.  Perception check. – [roll=1601101207.60402.347974]

07:19, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 21 using 1d20+2.  Intelligence check. – [roll=1601101193.22895.347974]

Dungeon Master
 GM, 125 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 07:17
(IC) Village of Mapleville
It keeps making the same sound and doesn't stop. The rain is pouring down.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 74 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 08:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Maybe it's an open window making noise with the wind." Talitha thinks. She stands up bothered by not being able to keep sleeping.
She stands up and she realises she was feeling cold so she puts on her armour. She is carrying her pistol (never took it off) and tries to locate the source of the sound.
Her bag has everything packed in it as she did before falling asleep.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 126 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 10:49
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The sound continues as the gunslinger stands up and puts on her armor. And the rain keeps coming down. There is little light as she looks around the area, moving slowly into the main temple.

OOC
Make a Perception Check.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 75 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 11:42
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Once she locates the origin of the sound she moves quietly in that direction. She tries to be stealthy. She doesn't know if there is more people sleeping here and she didn't want to wake them up.

OoC: not my day being perceptive.
12:38, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 8 using 1d20+7.  Perception check. – [roll=1601120287.66712.347974]

Dungeon Master
 GM, 127 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 19:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The woman doesn't spot anything, possibly from the low light. SHe doesn't spot anyone else in the temple.

Whack whack whack.

It keeps continuing.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 76 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 22:41
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha will move stealthily towards the source of the noise, trying not to make any noise and conscious of her movements. She walks slowly,so she doesn't stumbles into anything by mistake in the middle of the might.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 128 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 23:58
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Tal doesn't stumble and tries to find out where the sound is coming from but she doesn't find it. The gunslinger looks all around and the sound keeps coming. It does come from the right side and she takes a deep breath.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 77 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2020
at 22:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha focuses on the sound. Now she's annoyed by the sound and probably won't be able to go back to sleep until she shouts it. She still things it's an old opened window or something of that kind.
She moves silently towards the right side following the sound.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 129 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2020
at 23:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After checking the windows, she find one of the shutters slamming against the window and frame. Easily she can get the window open and pull it closed, snapping it into place. The woman closes the window. She does realize its dark outside, hard to tell how long she was asleep.
Pike Trickfoot
 NPC, 3 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 02:25
(IC) Village of Mapleville
One of the doors opens and in walks the gnome. Yawning and wiping the sleep from her eyes, she looks around and spots Tal "Oh hello. Your up? Thought I heard something. You okay?" She moves towards the gunslinger and yawns again. Pike is dressed in a simple white sleeping gown, and no boots. Her hair is slightly tussled and she sniffs.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 78 posts
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 06:09
(IC) Village of Mapleville
EDITED
Talitha turns to the gnome and speaks quietly.
"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up. A noise woke me up and I couldn't go back to bed. I think it was a problem with a shutter in a window or something like this. I think I managed to solve it."
She stays silent, listening if the noise repeats again. It doesn't.
"Sorry again for waking you up. I'll go back to bed."
Talitha walks back to where she was and goes back to sleep for a few more hours.

07:04, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 21 using 1d20+7.  Perception. – [roll=1601273051.0897.347974]

This message was last edited by the player at 11:56, Mon 28 Sept.

Pike Trickfoot
 NPC, 4 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 12:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"It is alright. Would you want to talk? Your new here right?" Pike sits down by the alter, lighting a few candles. She places her hands on her lap as she watches the stature of Sarenrae for a moment. The gnome turns and watches as Tal goes to drift off to sleep. Shrugging, she turns back to the small statue, kneels downa and starts to prey while closing her eyes.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 79 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 21:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha goes back to where she was sleeping and tries to go back to sleep. She feels a little bit guilty of waking up the gnome, and she thinks of apologizing in the morning once she wakes up.
With that thought in her mind she falls asleep again.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 130 posts
Wed 30 Sep 2020
at 00:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
TEMPLE OF SARENRAE: Tal
The gnome walks over to the girl, adjusting her blankets. She sighs and goes back to her quarters.

A few hours later, the gnome comes out and opens the shutters, letting in the light. She has no armor or weapons, just wearing her simple gown. The gnome gets all the shutters open and kneels down for a moment. Pike whispers something and stands up. She looks around and opens the outer door, letting in the light.

Its a crisp morning, slightly cold but comfortable. Pike puts down a rock to hold the door open. She looks around and leans out as she has no boots then pulls the rock back closing the door.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:04, Fri 02 Oct.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 81 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 10:30
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha wakes up as the chilly breeze filters through the door and windows. She sees the gnome moving energetically. Then she stands up and starts packing and cleaning the area she used to sleep. Folds the blankets and the pillow and leaves it over a chair. Then moved where the gnome is.
"Good morning Pike. Thank you for letting me stay here, it was very kind of you. And sorry I woke you up in the middle of the night it was not my intention. Can I help you with anything? Is there any way I can repay you for helping me yesterday?"
She smiles and checks what the gnome does, trying to find a way to lend a hand.
Pike Trickfoot
 NPC, 5 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 12:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Its alright. And no, nothing is needed. Morning routine." The gnome smiles back at her and sits down on a pew "You look like you needed a place to stay so I obliged. Plus you know it was pouring out." She puts her hair up into a ponytail and stretches then stands up.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 82 posts
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 14:16
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Ok, but please let me know if I can be of any help. I'd love to help if possible while I'm still here. Now if your really don't need help with anything I'll go to the market and check where and when is the next caravan back to the city."
Then she gets ready to go check in town about the way out of town.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:29, Sat 03 Oct.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 2 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2020
at 21:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
A grungy cloaked figured wanders cautiously in from the south of town.  Surveying the activity, he approaches the market and begins to peruse the shops.

He's clearly been unsheltered for quite some time as his gear is quite dusty.  Loaded on his back are a short bow and quiver, backpack, and a shortsword on his hip.

He casually wanders the market, going shop to shop, apparently not finding anything of interest.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 136 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2020
at 21:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Zella, the innkeeper watches from her doorway. She leans against it sipping her tea. The other people slowly entered the marketplace as the woman watched. She spots Tal and shakes her head, looking over at the gunslingers pouch still sitting on a barrel nearbye. The woman turns and goes back inside but leave the door open and flips the sign from closed to open.

The mayor's wife doesn't come out from her home. Pulling up his tent, Humphree sits down and fiddles with some sort of objects "Welcome to Humphree! Come one come all! Oh! Over here!" He spots Tal and motions for her to come over and spots the rugged looking man "Who be that eh? New? Seems like we got more these days! Come and sit."

Several others that run misc market tents start to sell their wares. A burly man walks over with a small wheelcart full of wood. He offers some to a young woman and she accepts, giving him some odds and ends-probably food. Despite the poorness of this village, everyone seems to get along.

A man slowly enters the marketplace. He pulls off his hood, glancing about. To Tal, she knows him as Xander. He doesn't seem to spot her and walks into the inn. A few minutes later, he walks out and goes to head back out of the village.

Pike walks to the marketplace as well, unarmed and not within her armor. Some people smile at her and she nods. She goes to the blacksmith again and talks to him, then starts to head back to the small temple. She waves at Humphree who waves back and she stops at a market stall, talking to a older man. He tosses her an apple and she smiles before heading back to the temple.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:58, Sun 04 Oct.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 3 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2020
at 23:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Catching his attention, the stranger meanders over to Humphree's tent and looks on curiously from several feet away.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 83 posts
Mon 5 Oct 2020
at 14:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha once again walks around the market, trying to find some information about the caravans in and out of town. She came on one caravan from the city and she's trying to find out when is the next one back to the city.
She's trying to make the trip back to the city as safe as possible.
Humphree
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2020
at 13:29
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Come on now. Sit I say." The gnome grumbles and glances at the newcomer "See anything ye like eh? Baubles and bits of baubles, used fer other baubles." He fiddles around in a pouch, sounding like something is inside of it. The gnome pulls out a green colored ring "There it be. Bet you'd like this no?"
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 5 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2020
at 14:07
(IC) Village of Mapleville
An expression of concern comes to his face as the stranger furls his brow apprehensively.  His eyes jump from bauble to bauble and then to the green ring.  Without moving, he asks "How much for the ring?" examining it with great intensity, not so much for the interest in the ring as the interest in the gnome himself.  Quickly he calculates it's value in his mind.

OOC - 09:06, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 21 using 1d20+6.  Appraise.
Humphree
 NPC, 5 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 07:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Let me see. Let me...oh yes. 50 gold." The gnome watches the man "For you? Well...40 gold." Humphree smiles "Willing to trade of course, willing to trade."
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 6 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 11:00
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The stranger watches the gnome carefully a moment, then quickly glances to each of the shoppers near his table before cautiously stepping up to the chair.

OOC:
05:56, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Sense Motive - trying to gauge if the gnome thinks he's being fair.
05:55, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 22 using 1d20+6.  Perception - watching everyone closely before approaching to protect from pick-pockets.


He slides his backpack off his shoulders and places it on the ground between his legs protectively as he sits in the chair.  "How'd ya come by it?" he asks as he unbuckles his pack and begins to rummage through it.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:35, Thu 08 Oct.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 138 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 17:02
(IC) Village of Mapleville
So far so good. The gnome seems to be as honest as any businessman. No one approaches least not anyone that gets real close to him. Everyone seems to be chatting-typical daily issues. "Does it matter? I have it and think you want it no?" He seems down to earth about the trading and business. Occasionally, he yells at anyone that get too close to his shop-that looks like they are indeed stealing. He waves to Tal again, trying to get her attention.

The sylph comes back to the square once more. He then heads towards the lake and his tiger isn't with him-least its not noticable and out in the open. He tucks some gear under his shoulder.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 7 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 19:04
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Name's Hamlet" he says relaxing a bit as the sound of clinking glass emanates from his pack.  He produces a small vial with a red liquid inside.  "Paid fifty gold for this.  Cure-light wounds potions sell quick.  You can have it for the ring and 10 gold."  He places the vial on the table, but keeps his hand on it.  His eyes rise to meet the with the gnome's as he awaits a response.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 84 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 20:09
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha is wondering around the different shops and stalls asking them something and then leaving. When she sees Humphree warning at her she smiles and waves back. She seems hesitant to approach the gnome as he seems busy trying to close a deal, so she patiently waits for him to finish his business.
In the meantime she just lean on a tree and observes the people chatting and going on with their things, enjoying the beauty of a simpler life.
Humphree
 NPC, 6 posts
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 16:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"No. No and wait a minute...." The old gnome leans forwards and motions for him to do the same "No." He leans back in his chair "Pish posh. Its useless! Just spins around in the glass. Bah! And I'd pay yah!" He mutters something "Got a bracelet. Simple gold. Rare I say. 100 gold!" He grins and pulls it out "Nevermind I say. Nevermind. So what are yer interested in besides that ring yer been fancing on?"
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 8 posts
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 18:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet snorts and gently places the vial back into his pouch.  Shaking his head, "I'm not unfamiliar with these tactics."  He flips the pack back over his shoulder as he rises from the table and looks around once again.  "I'd consider working for the ring if you have need of my skills, but nothing else interests me unfortunately."  He steps to the edge of the tent, "Anyplace you'd recommend for a hot bath?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 139 posts
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 18:19
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Tactics? Is that what I used? No I simply asked. You think I am made of gold? Do you? I trade. Give you gold...." The gnome looks rather annoyed "The inn! Go on!" He motions for Tal to come over "Stop staring at the lad!" He pulls out a small pouch.

Other people just do their typical daily chores. No one mentions anything odd. Everyone seems to be calm. Two young children-boy and a girl chase after one another. One of them darts into the inn and the young girl stops apparently not seeing her brother.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 10 posts
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 19:48
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Thanks" he says without turning around and adjusts his gear a bit before stepping back onto the road and turning towards the inn.  Feeling a bit more comfortable, having had his first conversation in weeks, he begins to rehearse in his head what he might say to the innkeeper.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 146 posts
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 16:51
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The sound of a horse comes into the marketplace as a cloaked form manuevers to the stable. Some of the market dwellers move aside.After a few moments, the cloaked person finds a spot for his horse and puts it into a stall. Shortly, the newcomer comes out of the stable near the inn and stretches.

The gnome fiddles around with baubles, seeming to be waiting on Tal. Several people manning their carts and tents glance over at the newcomer and goes about their business selling their wares. Everyone seems to be in a good mood for the most part.

OOC
In walks Colis. He's cloaked btw.

Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 4 posts
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 18:05
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The tall cloaked figure moved carefully away from the stables, a scarf wrapped around his face and odd pair of goggles cover his eyes as he moved slowly through the market. He starts to make inquiries about the local apothecary, with an oddly pleasant voice, much in the same vain of screeching cats. "Good d'y ladies, ye wouldn't by an'mean of chance knuw where'be the local haler, eh?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 147 posts
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 19:00
(IC) Village of Mapleville
One man points towards a temple in the distance "Got no apothecary so to speak. Humphree has knicks and knacks. Baubles. An' just recently got a temple of Sarenrae."
Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 5 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 06:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Grand...well burstin' we be a fun show I'm sure." he chuckled and turned carefully back towards the inn. He pulled his cloak closer around him and made his way towards the inn. "Need to be talk'in to th' priest 'fere long. But food first." he nodded at passing strangers as he opened the inn door and looked around.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 85 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 09:08
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha walks and meets Humphree.
"Morning sir. Didn't want to interrupt you while trading. Did you choose the deal?"
She does some small talk about how difficult sometimes is to earn a living with your own business. After a while she goes back to the topic she came to speak about.
"I'm almost done here in town, so it won't be long before I leave back to the city. Just wanted to confirm we have an agreement on the powder. I'll talk to my boss, and if he's happy as well we can start doing business straight afterwards. Also, do you happen to know when the next organised caravan/convoy is out of town back to the city? I'll rather not walk all the way back home by myself. It's a long way and roads can be dangerous sometimes."
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 15 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 12:51
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet approaches the inn and pauses a moment to absorb the sounds and smells before entering.  He lets himself take a deep breath and releases a bit of his anxious energy as he exhales.  He moves his shoulders and cracks his neck before moving through the door into the inn.  He steps through the threshold and pauses again, unmoving as his eyes scan the room, gathering information.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 149 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 14:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE:
Humphree nods his head and gives her the pouch "I got some powder for you. Go on. I don't got all damn day. People tah see and place to not go and all that." He moves the bag towards her "Well what are you waiting for? Black powder ain't cheap. I given you those for free but I'm against it I am. Can't make money if I just hand stuff away. I got no ways tah get it mark me words. Spread out that there's a gunslinger wanting work and all that I can do. Get some powder here and there but no way tah get a large amount. Do I look like a dwarf? No!" He grumbles under his breath "I'm a master negotiator and all that mark my words. You mark them alright?" He leans back in his chair.

INN:
The inn is quaint. There's only one person inside-the innkeeper. A big burly woman, older as well. She leans against the top of the bar, wiping it down "Welcome welcome. How can I help you out? Ale? Wine? Rooms?" She pauses as she looks up at Colis and Hamlet and she motions for them to come over, looking at the Tielfling "Saw you got a horse in my stables."
Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 7 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 19:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Aye ma'am, a pri'vate reom and phseant if ye have it?" Colis said as he reached into his pouch and pulled out three gold coins and set them down on the counter. "An' a rub dow' and carrot for de horse if ye don't mind."
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 16 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 20:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Just a hot bath ma'am." he says arms crossed as he looks out the window into the street.
Zella
 NPC, 2 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 02:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The innkeeper watches the alchemist, eyes narrowed "3 silver for the night. And I think I got a pheasent. If you want yah can put yer gear upstairs and I can get the pheasent ready. An' I can give you a carrot, no charge. The stables are mine but you can maintain it, just keep it clean." She smiles and glances at the rogue "Upstairs, straight ahead. It'll be cold but I can get you some warm water if you want. Free of charge." She finishes with the bar, cleaning it up.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:39, Thu 15 Oct.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 17 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 03:25
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Yes please, thanks."  He mumbles as he heads upstairs, creaking planks under each step.  Stepping into the bathroom, he tosses his pack in the corner and begins to peel layer after layer of oily musty garments from his ripe, road-weary body.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 87 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 21:49
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha is thankful for the gunpowder that Humphree handles her. She's not sure why is he giving it for free, but she thanks him anyway, as it will hopefully mean a new line of business for them.
"I'll give this to my master and I'll come back with a good business opportunity for all of us."she smiles at the odd trader.
"Now I need to come back to the city to speak to my master. Do you know if there is any safe convoy back to the city soon? I'd rather not walk all the way by myself if I can avoid it. Otherwise I'll walk if it's the only option." she scratches her head as she thinks about doing all the way back on foot. It's going to be a long way of she needs to do it on foot...
Dungeon Master
 GM, 150 posts
Sat 17 Oct 2020
at 23:00
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE:
"Convoy eh? Nope. Best bet wait for some tah leave and travel with them. Maybe hitch a ride with some farmers but they don't leave often. Never know could get lucky. An' walking alone might get you killed, mark my words lass." The gnome adjusts his table slightly and pulls out a ring that looks dented. He starts to get to work on it but seems to be aggrivated so he stops and pulls out a jug. He swigs it and smiles letting out a bit of a burp 'Sorry there. Didn't mean it. Just happens."

Still the marketplace is pretty crowded. Xander doesn't make his appearance known. Pike shows up later on and smiles at Humphree and he waves at her "Lass! Comin' by later? Show yer my wares?" Pike responds "I'll stop by later. Oh and hello Talitha." She bows, grabs a few apples and oranges from a nearbye cart pays from then and heads back to the temple.

The boy and girl keep playing their game of hide and seek, the boy pearing from behind a barrel at Tal and ducks down. The girl doesn't see him.

INN:
The innkeep pauses for a moment and fetches some water, bringing it upstairs. She makes sure he is either fully clothes or in the bath and pours the water into the basin for him slowly then returns back down and glances at the tielfling.
Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 8 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 01:18
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Thank ye m'dear. I'll be takin' a warn meal den." he smiled and went up staris to stow his pack, it would be a long ride all the same onto the next town, he planned to stay a few days.

He moved back down to the stable quickly grabbing the carrot as he moved out into the stables to make sure his horse was watered and fed. Proper straw laid out for the night and the saddle and bridle removed. Colis kept himself wrapped up as he made his way back out towards the inn and sat down on the steps to admire the brightness of the day.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 18 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 03:45
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet coughs and smiles awkwardly as he steps to the side and waits quietly for her to pour his bath.  He nods as she leaves and closes the door quickly behind her as she leaves.  He then settles in for a long bath and washes his clothes as well, ringing them out and hanging them here and there around the room to dry.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 88 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 08:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha dwarves su Pike and leaves Humphree's shop. She heads towards the mayor's house. She can't wait until someone leaves the town, and with no scheduled convoys in and out of town she'll need to go walking by her own.
She leaves the market thanking again Humphree and assuring him they'll make some good business. On her way out she approaches Pike "Is good to she you. Once I talk to the mayor's wife I'll come by and say goodbye, I should be leaving today." she smiles.

OoC: how far away is the city from the town? How long on foot? I should know as I already made the trip from the city to the town. Alternatively, how far is the closest town with convoys with the city?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 151 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 11:53
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE:
Catching up to Pike, the gunslinger and cleric talk for a few minutes. She does smile and nod as she heads for the temple, waving at Tal. Once she gets to the mayors house that's back near the marketplace, a woman glances around "Has anyone seen my son? He was playing with my daughter but I don't see him. Leon? Leon!" She seems to be worried. No one seems to have seen the lad but some of them go to look around the village. Her daughter is clamped against her mothers leg. Upon hearing all the commotion, the mayor's wife opens the door just as Tal is about to knock "Hello."

Sitting outside the inn is the cloaked tiefling. He sits down, watching the marketplace. The sylph walks back through the marketplace, and seems to head towards the temple.

INN:
The bath is comfortable as the rogue sits within it. Its quiet. You can look out across the small village but all you can make out from this perspective is the clouds above (at an angle looking upwards).
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 19 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 13:01
(IC) Village of Mapleville
07:53, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 24 using 1d20+6.  Perception.

As the water cools to room temperature, Hamlet pulls himself out of filthy brown water and begins drying off with the thick woven towel provided.  The air always smells better after a good bath he ponders with a deep breath and relishes the cool air against his clean skin...

Something in his heart suddenly drops...  an old pain.  A familiar pain.  It's usually nothing, but it's been something often enough that he pays attention...  Hamlet holds still a moment to listen intently...
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 89 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 13:44
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha has turned as well at the woman. Then hears the door opening.
"Hello, good morning. Sorry to come by so early. As promised I came back to collect the payment. I hope your husband is getting better today."
She gives the wife a kind smile.
"I indeed to go back to the city as soon as possible, but apparently there is no communication out of town. At least not that I have been able to find. If you have any information about how to go to the city other than walking in be very thankful about the information. Anyone that can go to the trip for a few coins or anyone that does send or receive items so I can ask them if they have anything planned for the next few days."
She looks very interested in leaving as soon as possible.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 20 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 02:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet sighs and shakes his head, then quickly gets dressed and packs his gear still damp.  He then rushes down the stairs, out the front door, and looks around for the woman.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 152 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 18:40
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The wife takes the money and holds it out to her "We have communication out. This isn't a city so things take longer and we have no reason to send word well anywhere. Got what we need here. I know this isn't a place you are used to...." She ponders something for a moment "I'd say asked around. See if anyone is leaving and if you can go with them. Farmers may go to sell wares. But like I said we take care of eachother. Like a family so to speak. As for my husband...." She looks rather worried "Took a turn for the worst. He is rather old so I pray he get better. I believe Pike will come at some point, see how he is doing." She glances over at what is going on.

Several market people look around, trying to find the child. The woman turns and almost slams into Hamlet "I'm sorry..my mind is elsewhere. Oh have you seen my son? He's about 4' tall, brown hair and eyes. Leon."

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:42, Sat 24 Oct.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 21 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 19:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet swivels and holds out his hands incase he needs to catch the woman.  Luckily he doesn't.  "Um...  No ma'am.  But I can help look for him."  He scratches the back of his head awkwardly.  "Any suggestions where I should look?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 90 posts
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 22:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha takes the money and puts it at the bottom of his bag trying to place the weight evenly.
"Thank you so much again, and thank you for the advice. I'll check with the farmers to see if anyone is leaving town soon... I really hope you're husband gets better... Pike will be of help for sure."
Talitha looks at the mother that is still asking around about her child. She changed subject with the mayor's wife. "Do you know her and his kid? I might offer my help to find the boy... I know what is to be a scared lost kid." she smiles and leaves the wife to take care of her husband.

The gunslinger then approaches the mother. "I'm sorry to hear you can't find your kid. Do you need help looking for him? I can check any place you can think he might be, so we can cover more places and find him quicker." she tries to sound confirming to the mother.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 154 posts
Thu 29 Oct 2020
at 15:07
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Seeing as your a scared lost kid yourself my dear? Not lost so to speak. I should return to my husband. Thank you." The woman departs inside, closing the door.

As Tal approaches the woman, she lets the rogue and gunslinger know she isn't sure where else to look other then the lake and the mill "There's so many place he can be being well small. But there's a treehouse for all the kids. Maybe he's there hiding. Its some distance off but there's a trail leading to it and the lake." She just seems worried, constantly looking around moving from one home to another home and stopping to ask others to help out and most do.

Approaching the woman, the cloaked Xander bows to her for a moment "I can help you find it but I have a question to ask. Do you have something that belongs to him? Maybe something he dropped? Clothing..."

The woman stops for a moment as her daughter holds onto her leg. She takes off a small bracelet made of beads "Gave me it this morning. Will that work?"

Xander takes it, rubbing his chin "Yes. May I take this for the time being? You will get it back."

The woman nods her head.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 23 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 14:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Finding himself in the sudden midst of a crowd, Hamelt takes an instinctive step back and pulls his hood down a bit as he looks at the two others.  "I guess we can work together?" he says shrugging.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 91 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 15:02
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks with distrust at Xander. Then replies to Hamlet and the woman.
"I guess we can. we should go check the treehouse and the lake the mother mentioned. Maybe he's there playing."
She asks for directions to the mother and then talks to both, but looking at Hamlet.
"Let's go?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 155 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 22:13
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage shakes his head seeing the distrust of him but he's got something to do. He moves off towards the treehouse and he whistles. Coming out of where it was hiding is the tiger. Xander gently moves his hands over the sides of its large head. He kneels down, watching the white and black beast and he holds out the bracelet. It sniffs it a few times and looks around then moves away from them. Xander follows, putting the bracelet in his cloak. After a few minutes it stops by the lake and growls loudly and goes over to a small tree that lies against the bank. Resting in it is Leon. The tiger butts up against him then runs off into the woods. He wakes up and sees the three of them and his eyes open wide! "Easy, easy. Your safe. Your mother was worried." Xander's voice is calm and collected. The young boy sits up and yawns and nods "She gonna be so upset!" He stands up, and starts to head back to the village, waving at the three of them as they follow after him.

OOC
Make a Perception Check please.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 92 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 08:30
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha follows Xander's tiger to the treehouse, and she feels relieved as they find the boy. It's not that she likes the best sniffing the little boy as if he was food, but it worked anyway.
"Let's go with your mum, Leon. She was dead worried about you."
She smiles and offers the little boy a hand. She looks around casually, but her attention is with the boy.


08:28, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 12 using 1d20+7.  Perception. – [roll=1604132927.9546.347974]
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 24 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 16:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet, with great trepidation, follows the group led by this seemingly trained tiger.  He remains silent and observant along the path and happily lets others take the lead.  His curiosity of the following events and concern for the child and his mother keep Hamlet intrigued as he moves along.

OOC
11:50, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 19 using 1d20+6.  Perception.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 156 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 22:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The group follows the child along the shoreline (not in the woods) where they found Leon. Tal is stepping down the path with the sylph and human glancing around the area. Off in the distance is the mill using the wheel for power. Leon stops and takes the hand.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 93 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 23:30
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Ok, let's go back to town. We'll tell your mom that you feel asleep, so she won't get upset."
Talitha tries to befriend the little boy so they can all go bat to his mother.
"So why we you here? Is it because you like the treehouse or the lake? Or both?
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 25 posts
Sun 1 Nov 2020
at 03:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
*Psst* "Something odd going on over at that mill." nudging Tal.  "Hear that?" he says under his breath.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 94 posts
Sun 1 Nov 2020
at 09:49
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha para attention to the noise Hamlet mentions.
"We could have a look at it, but we're here with a kid. We shouldn't put him at risk. Can you get closer and have a look at what it is?"
She whispers. Leon is holding Talitha's hand.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 157 posts
Sun 1 Nov 2020
at 13:26
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage decides to head towards the mill hearing the rogue (and had a high perception check).

OOC Got a 23 perception check!

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:04, Sun 01 Nov.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 95 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 11:07
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha stays at a safe distance with the kid holding her hand, while the rest approach the mill.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 26 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 12:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet circles around to the left and attempts to find a spot to hide within 30 feet of the door.

06:53, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 13 using 1d20+8.  Stealth.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 158 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 13:11
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Some distance off along the beach stands the Mill. Xander slowly approaches it with the rogue hiding off somewhere nearbye. He reaches the bridge leading over to it and crosses and comes across the man who is caked with blood and is shivering. Kneeling down to him, he stares at him "What happened?"

The man croaked out, fighting back tears "My brother was sick. He went to bed inside and I thought nothing of it. We all get sick you know? After a few hours of working I checked on him and he just sat there for a moment but when I got close he just went insance. I barely made it outside."

The rogue gets to the bridge and there's no place for him to really hide upon it but he gets across and sits along the far wall hearing this. trying to remain hidden.

The womnan some distance off cannot hear this as Leon presses his hands against hers "Can we go?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:15, Tue 03 Nov.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 96 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 16:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks at the rogue and the wizard, not hearing what they are talking with the man. She can barely see the man at all, but she assumes they are talking to one.

As Leon presses his hand and asks for his mum, the gunslinger nods.
"Yes, your mum will be happy to see you're back."
She waves at the two others and makes a sign that she's leaving with the boy.
They both head back to the market.
Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 10 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 01:04
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Colis had spent sometime working on setting up his portable lab in his room at the inn and was very much oblivious to the events currently happening in town. He made his way back down to the common room of the inn and looked around and nodded to the mistress of the inn.

"'scuse, me ma'm, is there any news on the happenings around town?"
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 27 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 13:17
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet begins to circle around the mill, looking for a window.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 159 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 13:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MILL
The mage nods his head "Get back to the village." He narrows his eyes and goes to check the door to see if it is open which it is but he waits for a moment as the man moves as quick as he can back towards the marketplace but he's slow and injured

MARKETPLACE
Still the marketplace is bustling again as the gunslinger and little child approach. He sees his mom and immediatly runs up to her and she holds him tightly. She smiles "Thank you for finding him."

INN
The innkeep shrugs a bit "Not much really. Been a bit quiet but we have had some interesting people come by. I wouldn't be a innkeep if I judged peoples looks before watching someones actions no?" She smiles "How can I help you out? Tea? Ale? Some food?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 97 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 14:56
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha smiles at the mother.
"That's fine. We found him sleeping by the lake. I suppose he fell asleep after playing so much. But he was very worried when he woke up."
Once the boy is with the mother she goes back and waits for the others.
"I should be going, the other two people that were with me stayed at the mill. I'm glad it was everything five at the end."
She goes back to check if the mage and the Rogue are doing ok.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:04, Tue 03 Nov.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 28 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 22:14
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Carefully, and keeping himself low, Hamlet surveys this area...

OOC:
16:12, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 20 using 1d20+11.  Survival.
16:12, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 16 using 1d20+6.  Perception.

Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 12 posts
Thu 5 Nov 2020
at 02:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Aye m'am spiced tea if ye please." Colis sat around and looked casually around the main hall, "Ye wouldn't know of an'job postin's in the village?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 160 posts
Thu 5 Nov 2020
at 14:13
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MILL
The rogue doesn't spot anything odd besides the blood but he notices the blood goes off the side of the bridge near the mill into a small rowboat that has a old blanket covering it.

Inside the mage walks in and finds it to be litterly destroyed. A table is flug across the room, bags of odds and ends are strewn about. It looks like a big mess. There's a spiral staircase leading upwards.

MARKETPLACE
When the gunslinger turns to leave after being thanked, a cart being pulled by two big horses enters the market area. The back of it is fully enclosed. It does look old but sturdy. A old man sits at the reigns as a young halfing drops dwon from the back. His clothes are slightly tattered but seem to be clean and he has a big floppish hat. He hits the side of the wagon as a drape comes down revealing the words 'Feathers and Scales'

OOC General idea:


INN
"Not that I know of. I could use another set of hands here. Maybe Humphree in the marketplace could us a helping hand. Or the smithy. Farmers normally need more help but if your lookin' for pay might want to go elsewhere. They will feed you, give you a place to sleep but that's probably it. Not many places here get any coins. Trade for trade or work for it. Haven't been over to the bookstore lately." The woman goes into the backroom for a moment and then comes back out with a teapot, pouring some spiced tea for the tielfling.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:44, Thu 05 Nov.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 98 posts
Thu 5 Nov 2020
at 22:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks at the cart and thinks that maybe it'll be a good way out of town. She stsnds by the halfling and greets him.
"Hello sir, may I ask what is this cart over here? What kind of business do you have? Are you from town or are you travelers from our of town?"
She keeps a friendly attitude, trying to look casual in the conversation.
If the old man driving the cart looks at her she politely asked at him as well.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 29 posts
Fri 6 Nov 2020
at 18:26
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet rushes to the front of the house and whistles to the mage.  He signals with his hand pointing silently to his hands and then to the boat.  He waves for the mage to follow and begins to sneak up to the boat.

OOC:
12:26, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 10 using 1d20+8.  Stealth.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 161 posts
Sat 7 Nov 2020
at 13:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MILL
The mage nods silently and steps out, keeping his distance. He gets about twenty feet and leans on his staff probably noticing the blood. Carefully the rogue gets to the boat and when he gets to it the blanket is thrown off! A man looking rather sick, stares at him. It moans. He looks normal so to speak but it looks slightly gaunt and its eyes are bloodshot. It swings at the rogue but misses him! Its hard to tell what its trying to do!

OOC
Initiative (For future reference)!


MARKETPLACE
The halfling is busy putting out a bright top from the wagon to provide some shade. He grabs two small stools from the back of the cart and raises up the side to reveal several cages and glances up at the gunslinger. He pauses "You ask a lot of questions! I find odds and end of animals! Scaled to feathery friends. And no, been here bout I'd say six months." The old man grumbles as he goes to climb down but the younger fellow helps him down and helps him to a stool.

Several people watch the odd cart out of curiousity.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 30 posts
Sat 7 Nov 2020
at 15:44
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet jumps back and barks, "Hey!"  He quickly draws and knocks his bow.  "No more of that!"

OOC:
09:41, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 24 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.

Hamlet moves back at least 10 feet from the man.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 162 posts
Sat 7 Nov 2020
at 18:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MILL
Xander climbs out of the window and watches this sick looking creature. He waits, watching the rogue and creature. The man is about five feet from the window.

The creature stares at the rogue and charges at the wizard! It rips into the wizard and the sylph drops to the ground not moving.

Hamlet  (24)
Xander  (19)
*Unknown (Assumed negative HP)
Unknown (07)

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 31 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2020
at 03:58
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"What the..."  As Hamlet fires his shortbow at the creature.

OOC:
21:53, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 26 using 1d20+6.  Attack sickly man with Shortbow.
21:54, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 27 using 1d8+1 (x3 Crit).  Shortbow damage.


He then turns and runs directly away from the creature, watching over his shoulder.

OOC:
Move action away from the creature.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 99 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2020
at 08:04
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha find interesting that any trader that sells stuff around would stay in a small village post the first few days, as usually that meant a lot of lost sales. But hey, she was not going to challenge their business decisions.
"Oh, my apologies. I don't recall seeing you at the market yesterday, so l imagined you'd be new in town as well. I hope you have a good day today doing business."
She realises she hasn't introduced herself.
"My name is Talitha, by the way."
She smiles at the halfling and gets ready to go back to the lake where she left the other two.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 164 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2020
at 11:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MILL
As the creature is about to rip into Xander's flesh the arrow hits it square in the head. It falls on the mage, not moving on top of Xander.

MARKETPLACE
The man glances at the gunslinger and gets closer "Here be a hint. I just arrived. Anyways, need a pet? I got cats, dogs. Feather animals! Scaled pets! Perhaps something new?" As some people move around the wagon, he motions them over and starts to talk to them but when he turns back to Tal she's gone and heading back to the lake!
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 33 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2020
at 13:56
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet runs up and pulls the diseased creature off the mage and checks to see if he's breathing.  "Are you ok?" checking his body for injuries.  Reaching into his pack, he pulls out a healing potion and shows it to him.  "This may help if you can drink it."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:24, Sun 08 Nov.

Xander Balus
 NPC, 3 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2020
at 14:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage doesn't move and has a nasty wound across his chest, probably from where he was hit. His eyes are closed and he doesn't respond to the rogue.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 34 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2020
at 21:41
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet lifts his shoulders up a bit and slides his pack under.  He grabs the mage's bottom jaw and pours the healing potion down his throat.
Xander Balus
 NPC, 4 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2020
at 23:32
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Coughing and weezing as the liquid settles down his throat, the mage's eyes open and he is staring up at the rogue. He slowly stands up, seeming groggy and leans against the wall 'That did not go as I planned." He glances over at the dead man, with the arrow penetrated through his skull.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 100 posts
Mon 9 Nov 2020
at 20:58
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha eventually reaches the lake and heads to the mill. She's a couple of hundred yards away the mill and she tries to locate the wizard and the rogue.

20:56, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 19 using 1d20+7.  Perception. – [roll=1604955384.136.347974]

I don't know how both scenes match time wise, so I wrote the post on purpose quite vague. Let me know when I arrive and what I see when I arrive.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 35 posts
Tue 10 Nov 2020
at 03:53
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet hands the empty potion bottle to the mage.  "Well that was expensive friend.  What's your name again?" he asks as he goes to the dead man and grabbing the arrow by the shaft, attempts to pull it back out in one piece.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 166 posts
Tue 10 Nov 2020
at 12:59
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Tal can make out someone moving about the outside of the mill but she can make out the door is open.

At the mill, Xander sits against the wall as the rogue goes to pull out the arrow. He fiddles around his backpack and holds a new one out "Compensation." But he does take the empty vial-never know when it might come in handly "Xander."
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 36 posts
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 02:08
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet smiles, nodding as he takes the potion.  "Thanks!." he replies and as he takes a rag and attempts to clean the arrow a bit before placing it back in his quiver.

OOC:
20:05, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 20 using 1d20+6.  Perception.


"So..." glancing over his shoulder into the trees, "How'd ya go about getting a pet tiger?  ...  If ya don't mind me askin'."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:25, Thu 12 Nov.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 101 posts
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 20:24
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha approaches the mill quite unaware of any danger that might come out of the mill.
She looks around looking for the other two men."Where are you guys? Did you find anything unusual?"
She walks a little bit more to get closer to the mill. There she sees the rogue removing an arrow of the skull of a dead man and Xander sitting on the floor covered in blood.
She can do nothing but to shout with surprise.
"What the hell happened here? Did you kill those men? When the people in town find out we're all going to be in serious trouble!"
She fears that people will think she was involved in a murder.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:56, Thu 12 Nov.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 168 posts
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 21:02
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage looks up at the gunslinger but he doesn't say a word as he feels she won't believe him anyways. He stands up, wincing from the blow to his chest and rubs it over the bloodmarks. Grabbing his staff, he looks over at the rogue "We should let the man know."

Upon the ground is a dead man with a arrow that was through its skull. Its hard to tell what happened to him as the body is laying upon its chest. The only visible aspects are his head and his hands.

The tiger stands at the ramp to the mill. It moves around, watching the area as Xander moves to it, scratching its head. He doesn't answer about the pet tiger.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 38 posts
Fri 13 Nov 2020
at 03:26
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Holding the arrow in hand and wiping it off, he watches Talitha with concerned interest as she approaches.  "This thing attacked Xander with an inhuman savagery...  I saved his life."  He looks at the dead thing and back to her, "So what do you intend to do?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 102 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 10:13
(IC) Village of Mapleville
She tries not to take that last sentence as a threat. The gunslinger doesn't see any sign of it in the man's face.
"That thing was a man. How is that he attacked you for no reason?"
She approaches the body and turns out to have a better look at his face. She looks concerned.
"Is this the man's brother? Where is he?"
By her limited experience, being around a dead body is never good news, so the sooner they could clarify what happened the better.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 169 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 11:17
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage watches and finally speaks "We were asked to check on the man's brother. But found nothing." He watches Tal, expecting her to just explode "The mill was in shambles. But he motioned for me to come out. When I did, the man attacked me, and was killed." Xander looks at the two, speaking quietly.

Two more people start to come out of the woods but not coming from the village. They move slowly and don't seem to really see the group.

The tiger steps between Xander and Tal, and it glances around the area as they are talking on the small deck near the mill. It stops, looking at the two people about 100' away.

OOC
Make a Perception check.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:18, Sat 14 Nov.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 103 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 11:40
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks at the body as Xander speaks.
"The man looked as there was something wrong with him; he seemed he was very sick. Maybe he had some kind of flu or rabies or who knows. Maybe he was delirant and that's why attacked. Let's hope the brother doesn't blame you both for his brother's death. You should say it was in stuff defense...
She's not very convinced that a stick man versus two healthy ones and a huge beast had to be killed as only option.

The girl sees the two guys coming from the woods. She looks at them carefully.

11:37, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 21 using 1d20+7.  Perception
Xander Balus
 NPC, 5 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 11:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Xander shakes his head and glances towards the two people. His eyes narrow, gripping his staff. The tiger also looks at them, hair sticking up and it bumps against the mage. It growls  as it stares at them for some reason.

Perception:
03:48, Today: Xander Balus rolled 20 using 1d20+8.  Tiger.

03:47, Today: Xander Balus rolled 11 using 1d20+6.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 39 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 13:02
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet glances over to the people walking out of the woods, "That's odd."

OOC:
07:00, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 24 using 1d20+6.  Perception.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 170 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 13:05
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The two are stumbling around. One of them looks like their arm is messed up. As they move slowly, it looks like a man and a female, the female is the one with the messed up arm. They look like they aren't wearing armor or weapons, and their bodies look ratty.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 104 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 20:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha look at them and asks the others
"They look stick as well... did the man look like them? I hope it's not a plague."
As she says so she realises she touched the dead body and she hopes she didn't get infected. This thought have get s chill.
She shouts to the couple and waves at them.
"Hello!! Are you OK? should we call someone?!"
She looks again at the mage.
"Did you say the man attacked you for no reason? These two look seriously ill. We should get the cleric to see if she can heal them... But let's be careful, they might be also aggressive."
She look at them as they approach the group.

OoC: what distance they are and how fast do they move?
I'm not running, but I want to keep my distance.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 174 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 20:38
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage looks at her and then looks at the two approaching people "Look, it attacked me and I did nothing. A crazed man it seemed." He motions towards the rogue, seeming to try to focus her attention at him.

The two people glance at Tal and start to head towards the group.

OOC
They are now about 60' away.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 40 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 02:38
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"That one took Xander out in one hit.  Dangerous as hell with it's bare hands.  If those are the same we're in real danger here."  Hamlet knocks an arrow and moves back, matching the pace of the shambling strangers.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 108 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 09:57
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha stays moving towards the town, mimicking the speed of the two people walking towards them.
She makes sure she keeps the distance between them.
"I don't want to hurt noone. Let's try to guide them to the temple. Maybe there they can help them."
She says to the two men.
The shouts to the strangers.
"We just want to help you! Please let us know you understand us!"
She keeps moving back to town matching the speed of the strangers, and tells Xander.
"Go grab the man we talked to. I don't want to leave him here with these two if he's injured. Do you have anything that can disable them so we can bring them to town? Any magic?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 178 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 14:01
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage glances at the gunslinger. He wants to say something but feels it will fall on deaf ears. Will she ever stop ordering him around? Xander narrows his eyes on the zombies as they keep moving back to the village.

The zombies move 30', growling.

OOC
Initiative (In case its needed)
So the group is 30' away from the zombies.

Talintha (15)
Xander (15)
-------------------------------------------------------
Unknown (08)
-------------------------------------------------------
Tiger (07)
Hamlet


This message was last edited by the GM at 15:10, Sun 15 Nov.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 111 posts
 HP 12/12; AC 18
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 14:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha sees the couple move towards them and she tries to put some more distance between herself and the sick strangers.
"We should put some land between us and these people. It looks they've lost their mind..."
She takes her pistol and moves 30' away from them.

14:08, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 15 using 1d20+4.  Initiative. 

This message was last edited by the player at 22:34, Sun 15 Nov.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 43 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 14:56
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet shoots at the one charging him, then turns and runs back as far as he can while knocking another arrow.

OOC:
08:54, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 3 using 1d8+1.  Shortbow Damage.
08:54, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Attack Shortbow (outside 30ft).
08:52, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 8 using 1d20+4.  Initiative.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:27, Mon 16 Nov.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 185 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 01:46
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The gunslinger pulls out her gun and backs away.

Xander conjures up a brief wave of energy, shielding himself and runs back to Talintha
*Casting Mage Armor

The rogue fires off an arrow, hitting one of the zombies and backs away.

The creatures move and attack the tiger! One of them swings a hard punch at the tiger!
*Tiger takes 9 Damage

Growling, the tiger slashes out with his claws and teeth! The one that attacks is ripped apart and it turns, ripping into the leg of the female!

Group is up!
Talintha (15)-Backing up (30')
Xander (15)-Mage Armor/Backing up (30')
Hamlet (08)-Attack/Backing up (30')
-------------------------------------------------------
Unknown (08) 30' from the group/5' from the tiger
??/15
AC 12 (10 at the moment)
-------------------------------------------------------
Tiger (07)

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:02, Mon 16 Nov.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 113 posts
 HP 12/12; AC 18
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 07:31
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha aims with her eyes as she's been taught and pulls the trigger. The bullet hits the female stranger.
"I'm sorry."
She whispers while she moves back another few feet.

Attack:
07:25, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 20,5 using 1d20+5,1d8+1.  Pistol attack, damage at 30'.
Movement:
Move 30' away from the sick couple

Dungeon Master
 GM, 186 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 10:58
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The shot rings out as the creature is hit in its throat. She falls down, still squirming. The tiger growls and moves towards Xander, caked in blood. He kneels down to it, checking out the wound. The tiger doesn't seem to be bothered by it but winces when the mage touches it.

As the group gathers up and heads towards the village along a path, a eery sight unfolds. A man lies upon the ground, blood coming from his lips as another creature feasts upon him. The man seems umable to speak as his throat is ripped apart. It doesn't seem to see the group, his feast seems to be his target.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 114 posts
 HP 12/12; AC 18
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 13:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha is still shocked about what she just did. She had shot her pistol many times, and some of them had even been to animals and other creatures. But this was the first time she's taken a life.
She had killed that woman with her heart as she had been trained to, but that didn't make it easier. Probably that's the reason she's been trained that way.

As they slowly move back to the village they see that gruesome scene by the path. She can't help it, takes out her shortsword, and maybe because of the shock, she kicks the creature with her boot, while she shouts at it.
"Stop you monster!!"

She doesn't know if she can save the man, probably to late already, but it's to much death already for her and she needs to try.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 187 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 15:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The zombie keeps eating and the gunslinger tries to knock him off. Her boot hits his right side hard and he moves off of the man but before she pulls away, he grabs onto her boot! She falls to the ground, her limb caught in its grasp! He tries to climb up, blood coming down his mouth and hands and moves slightly upwards upon the downed Talitha!

Xander grips his staff and goes to hit him but the tiger beats him to the punch. It lunges at the zombie, claws tearing into its flesh. It hits him hard from above, knocking the zombie over like a bowling ball. The sudden impact and claws rips the head off of it as the tiger growls at his prey.

OOC
Take 1 damage from the fall Tal.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:47, Mon 16 Nov.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 46 posts
Tue 17 Nov 2020
at 02:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet quickly collects the arrow from the corpse and stays with the group, but makes a quick assessment of the nearby cover as they move.

OOC:  I'll look for opportunities to take cover or hide as we move so that I can react quickly.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 115 posts
 HP 11/12; AC 18
Tue 17 Nov 2020
at 09:34
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha stands up and scratches her arm where she it the ground. She says to Xander as the tiger moves back to hi side "Hum... thanks..."
She looks at the dead body of the sick person that was attacking the other one, and then she fixes her eyes in the poor man that got attacked. He is covered in blood and the gunslinger lacks the knowledge to help him. She doesn't even now if he's still alive.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 190 posts
Wed 18 Nov 2020
at 15:25
(IC) Village of Mapleville
With the arrival of the rogue, the wizard watches as the gunslinger thanks him and seems to ignore it. He didn't save her-the tiger did. The creatures head oddly snapping up at everyone, no body to bring towards them. Taking his staff he brings it down and with a heavy thud the creatures head is nothing but gore.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 47 posts
Thu 19 Nov 2020
at 02:39
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"I'm going to follow from cover if you don't mind.  I'm rather useless out here in the open."  moving a few feet off the path.

OOC:
20:39, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 22 using 1d20+8.  Stealth.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 118 posts
 HP 11/12; AC 18
Thu 19 Nov 2020
at 09:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looked at Hamlet going off-road.
"Be careful there. Noone can see you, including us"
She gives a look at both Xander and the tiger. Then talks to Xander.
"Let's go. I hope there are no more of these sick people in town."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 191 posts
Fri 20 Nov 2020
at 15:08
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The rogue slinks into the forest as the mage and gunslinger keep moving. As they arrive in the marketplace, it looks like the normal gathering area. Nothing creeping out. The halfling seems to try to get his animals sold, trying to convice some passerbyes to take a look. Some do, some don't. A little girl holds a cat that her parents just purchesed and seems to be happy. Several people go from tents to tents, market stalls to market stalls unaware of what may or may not be brewing. The mayor's wife stands in her doorway, watching the halfling sell his exotic living wares. Humphree sits with a young man, trying to see what he has. Though the cleric doesn't seem to be in the immediate area. It just a bright, cheery day....
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 119 posts
 HP 11/12; AC 18
Fri 20 Nov 2020
at 15:34
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha seems relieved that nothing creepy as what they just witnessed has happened in town. She turns to the other two.
"We should warn the mayor. Or ask his wife who is the person we should talk to if he's not available. There are already several corpses behind us, and we don't know if there are more o this disturbed people crawling around the area..."
She waits for the others to speak up their mind before heading to the mayor's house.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 193 posts
Fri 20 Nov 2020
at 16:02
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage keeps walking but doesn't say a word acting like the gunslinger isn't there. She made one hell of a commotion about the tiger and the mage when they first met and that seems to not have been forgotten. The tiger decides to stay with the mage. Some back away, others just stare at them. Of course, the tiger has blood all over it-same as Xander. He walks up to the woman and before he has a chance to speak, her eyes grow wide "What happened?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 120 posts
 HP 11/12; AC 18
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 09:24
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha takes a second to decide how to explain it.
"We've been attacked. Several times. And we think it may happen in town, not only to us, but to any of the villagers."
She points at Xander.
"He got attacked by the mill. Apparently a disturbed person nearly killed him. Then two more came out of the woods that seemly suffered from the same condition and attacked us again. We had to defend ourselves."
Then with a deeper tone continued.
"And by the road on the way here another one. He had attacked one of your neighbors. He seemed to be eating the poor man alive. We tried to stop him but was too late... I know your husband is not feeling well, but seems there is some kind of plague about to hit the town, and we need to talk to whoever can mobilise and organise the folks. To work on their health so they don't become what we've seen and to make sure the rest are safe otherwise."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 194 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 12:08
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The woman seems to hardly believe Talitha, but with the tiger and mage bloody she does. She glances at each of them "I do not want to endanger anyone and believe you, so I can announce for now everyone should remain in their homes. My husband..." She glances back behind her as someone comes down a flight of stairs "You should be in bed. Your..." He lunges at her and she stumbles back towards the mage and gunslinger. His mouth is open, eyes dark and full of rage. She stumbles outside and goes to close the door but he is stronger gripping the door and snaps at her "Help!" She pleads at Xander and Talintha as she holds the door but her strength is waining.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 121 posts
 HP 11/12; AC 18
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 16:15
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha immediately helps the woman and between both they try to keep the door closed.
"He's sick as well! We can't let him leave the house!"
She looks at Xander waiting for him to do something.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 48 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 22:31
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet patiently holds his hidden position, keenly (hopefully) scouting the area for danger.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 195 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 23:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Both of the woman try to close the door but they fail. The creature hold the door open and swings at them, hitting Talitha with a fist at her hands hard! Xander swings his staff up and hits in him the face. It stumbles backwards and the door slams shut. The tiger growls, staring at the door and moves around as if aggrivated. The mage puts a hand onto the tiger's head and it calms down to a degree "Is there anyone else inside?"

The woman goes to gently take the injured gunslingers hand and pulls out a hankerchief, holding it there. It looks badly bruised and she wraps it up, glancing at the mage "No no. And...." The woman eyes begin to tear up "We need to get him help."

A man approach the mayor's home hearing the commotion. But suddenly, someone rushes out of a allyway. Blood and gore cover its hands. It leaps at him and he is thrown to the ground as the creature rips into his chest with unknown strength. He screams in pain as the creature bites hard upon his head, tearing and ripping into him. Blood and gore fly out of him. Within seconds, the tiger charges it. It slams into the creature, and its claws tear into it.

Upon seeing this, several people rush into their homes. The halfling gets up onto his wagon, trying to get the old man up there as well as three more of the sick creatures enter the marketplace and spot the two halflings. These move faster then the others as the halfling keeps trying to get him up.


OOC
Tal take 6 damage

So at the mayors house Tal, the tiger and the mage are outside with the mayors wife with the two dead bodies.

Nearbye, probably about 70' away is the halfling trying to get the old man on the wagon as hes on top of it and three more zombies are rushing at them about 40' away

Xander, Tal: 100' from the marketplace

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 123 posts
 HP 05/12; AC 18
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 08:17
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha gives the wife a very hard look. She suspects she knew about this illness but tried to cover it to protect his sick husband.
Anyway, she doesn't say a word.
She takes one of her healing portions hand drinks it. Then runs towards the wagon as the of those disturbed people move towards it.
Before running, tells the wife "Can you keep the door closed? I have to go."
Then to the mage "Are you coming?"
She doesn't wait for the answer.
Where the hell is Hamlet? is the only thing she manages to think while running.

08:09, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 5 using 1d8+1.  Healing potion.

Double move: 40' from the zombies

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:52, Sun 22 Nov.

Xander Balus
 NPC, 6 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 18:56
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The mage stays where he is, and holds his staff upwards. He mutters a spell as a magical missile flies out of his staff hitting one of the zombies.

Growling, the tiger moves quickly, getting between the gunslinger and the zombies.

OOC
Zombie 1 ??/05
Zombie 2 ??/??
Zombie 3 ??/??

Talitha is 40' from the zombies and the halflings
Xander is 100' away protecting the mayor's wife
The tiger is 30' from the zombies.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 49 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 18:59
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet sneaks to the corner of a building (w/in 30ft of a zombie), draws his bow, sets his aim on one of the attackers, and lets an arrow fly...

OOC
12:57, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 4,6 using d8+1,d6.
12:56, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 15 using 1d20+7.  Shortbow attack.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 202 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 19:52
(IC) Village of Mapleville
A arrow flies out from the side of the buildings hitting one of the zombies as Hamlet makes himself known!

Tal moves towards the zombies.

The tiger moves fast, closing the distance.

Xander fires off a magic missile, hitting one of the zombies. The mayor's wife turns and runs towards the temple!

One of the zombies grips onto the shoe of the old halfling and rips him down to the ground. The man is literally ripped in half as two of the zombies tear into him!

The one who was hit by the magic and arrow stumbles back and turns seeing the rogue! It charges at him! It slams a hard punch, hitting him on his right side!
Hamlet take 7 damage

"NO!" The halfling yells out seeing the old man torn apart as he stands on top of the wagon! Taking a deep breath, he leaps off the wagon and hits the ground hard but clutches his ankle.

It is good at least that everyone is inside. Zella opens the door, holding a frying pan and her eyes go wide! "Get away from him!" as she sees the halfling on the ground as well as all the chaos erupting.

OOC
Group is up!
-------------------------------------------------
Zombies (19)
Zombie 1 ??/15
*Standing next to Hamlet

Zombie 2 ??/??
*Near the wagon
Zombie 3 ??/??
*Near the wagon
-------------------------------------------------
Hamlet (17)
*30' from zombie 2 and 3
*Zombie 1 is 5'

Tal (17)
*40' from the zombies

Tiger (16)
*30' from the zombies

Xander (15)
*100' from the zombies

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 50 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 21:14
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet disengages, steps back out of the reach of this creature and fires another arrow at it.

OOC:
15:12, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 6 using 1d8+1.  Shortbow damage.
15:11, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 22 using 1d20+7.  Shortbow attack.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 125 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 21:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha narrows her eyes and takes a deep breath. Walks towards Hamlet, not rushing her pace.
She aims with her eyes, not with her hand. She holds her gun steady and shots at the attacker closer to him.

Move action: move 30' to get to 20' from zombie 1.
Standard action: shoot it.

21:33, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 15,3 using 1d20+8,1d8+1.  Ranged touch attack, damage. 

Dungeon Master
 GM, 204 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 23:00
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet takes a step back, wincing from his wound and fires. The arrow hits the zombie in its mouth. It falls to the ground, dead once more.

Looking over at the rogue, the gunslinger goes to raise the pistol up but seeing it was taken care of, moves forwards and fires at one of the zombies. It hits his right arm but doesn't kill it.

The tiger moves and gets to one of the zombies. Its claws slam into the zombie, crushing it.

Xander grips his staff and moves forwards, watching the area. When he spots Zella he speaks "Get inside!"

The halfling looks wide eyed as he hears the shot and sees the huge tiger rips into the zombie! He gets up and limps towards the inn. Zella hears Xander but helps the man inside and slams the door shut.

OOC
Group is up!
-------------------------------------------------
Zombies (19)
Zombie 1 DEAD
Zombie 2 ??/03
*Near the wagon
Zombie 3 DEAD
-------------------------------------------------
Hamlet (17)
*30' from zombie 2 and 3

Tal (17)
*20' from the zombies

Tiger (16)
*5' from the zombies

Xander (15)
*40' from the zombies

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 126 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 23:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha raises her gun again. She shoots with her mind, not with her hand, as she's been thought to.
After she shoots she retreats to avoid getting attacked by the disturbed man.

Standard action: attack the last zombie.
23:17, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 27,9 using D20+8,d8+1 ((19,8)). Ranged touch attack, damage.

Move action: retreat 30'

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 51 posts
Sun 22 Nov 2020
at 23:31
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet winces, but steps back to the corner of the building, draws another arrow and looses it at the remaining creature.

OOC:
17:30, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 11 using 1d20+7.  Shortbow attack.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 206 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 13:28
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The shot is fired, hitting the last zombie and it howls at her! Before it has a chance to move, the tiger jumps at it. Its claws rip into its chest.

Xander whistles as he approaches, and the tiger moves over to him. The mage takes a breather, as there's no danger at the moment.

After some time, the mayor's wife arrives with Pike and several others armed with sickles, pitchforks and some other odd weapons used for farming. Most of them looks rather confused about what is going on. They wife and Pike talk for a moment and they move towards her house but she stops.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:07, Mon 23 Nov.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 52 posts
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 15:28
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet quickly gathers his arrows and finds one of them is broken.  Cursing under his breath, he snaps off the arrowhead and places it in his pack.  He then begins gathering natural materials at the forest edge and prepares his camouflage (takes 1 minute).  He then moves to the area around the mayor's house and scouts for a nearby tree that he could hide in...

OOC:
09:27, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 8 using 1d20+7.  Perception: looking for sniper's nest near mayor's house.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 128 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Mon 23 Nov 2020
at 23:45
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha looks at the dead bodies on the floor. There are the three disturbed People that attacked then and the poor old man that was killed.
As the folks appear back, the gunslinger asks them.
"Do you know them? are they neighbors? We have been attacked by similar people, clearly mad, on our way from three lake. You all folks should stay together and make sure you're safe in care there are more roaming around. It seems this illness is spreading. Now if you allow me..."
Then she walks to where pike and the wife are. There are to many questions and she doesn't even know where to start.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:12, Tue 24 Nov.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 207 posts
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 00:59
(IC) Village of Mapleville
One of the farmers stare at the gunslinger "How do we know what caused this? Maybe you started it." His eyes narrow, gripping a sickle "You came into our home and now your telling us what to do? Your a child! I think you caused all of this! Killing all them people!" He grips his sickle tightly, eyes narrowed "Or the tiger man. Maybe the archer. Perhaps all of them!"

Within seconds, the tiger is between the gunslinger and the one farmer. It growls as Xander approaches, gripping his staff. He looks like he wants to say something but a massive hand grips the farmers shoulder tightly as the farmer drops the sickle. And in comes the big blacksmith.

The blacksmith grips the man and he slowly leans forwards as he seems to be in pain. He drops down, looking up at the blacksmith "I suggest you keep your mouth shut." The voice is quiet as he grips his smith's hammer.

Gulping, the farmer backs off and stumbles to his feet. The smith glances at the mage and the gunslinger "You alright?"

Xander nods and the tiger watches the farmer before sitting down at the sylph's feet licking its wounds.

The smith watches Tal "You walk in here, all this happened and it seems your ordering them around. I don't believe you caused this but others may think otherwise. He's upset, most of us are." He goes to gently press a hand to her shoulder "I some of them. Not that one." He points at the one that hit the rogue and looks back at Tal "You got little sway with them. I will talk to them, and know most of them alright?"

The rogue slinks about, finds a decent tree and skitters up it.

Looking over at her, Pike walks up to them and nods her head "I don't know what caused this and my mentor left yesterday putting the temple under my coverage. I'd say we should all go to the temple. Its safe. Shall we?" She bites her lip as the mayor's wife sits down and sobs as a villager kneels down. Pike kneels down, gently pressing her hand against her and the mayor's wife pulls away "He died because of you! Get away!" The gnome whispers something to her and she stands up "We should go to the temple. Safe inside. Did you see anyone else?"

Xander speaks out in a quiet tone "Inn has some people inside. I will see if they will come." The tiger stands up. Pike nods her head.

For a little while, the door is getting slammed into but then it stops. Her husband looks out from the window, with a bloody head and hits the window clawing at it. The smithy grips his hammer as a villager grips a pitchfork.

"I will take them to the smithy, see what we got for weapons." The smithy looks at the villagers and he motions for the small amount of them to follow even the one who accused the newcomers. They slowly move off, same as Xander and his tiger leaving the gunslinger, the mayor's wife and Pike outside the mayor's home.

For the first time, its relatively quiet and the sunlight begins to sink into the horizon.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:16, Tue 24 Nov.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 129 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 11:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha seems a little bit confused.
"Sorry if I sounded like I was ordering you to do something."
She sounds a little bit bitter when she continues speaking.
"I was just trying to help."
She bites her lip for a couple of seconds, considering her next words... Then turns to the blacksmith and talks to him.
"There is something very wrong going on here. Please talk to them and keep them safe. If you go to the smithy that would be a very good idea. Make sure they can defend themselves properly."

Shortly after the blacksmith leaves and so does Xander. she's alone with the wife and Pike. "I don't know what's going on here, but whatever happened to your husband has already happened to some other people in here. I'm sorry about your loss, but we need to make sure that the rest of the people in town are kept safe. I'm sure your husband would have agreed."
Then talking to Pike "Let's all go to the temple and have a look if we can keep the people safe in there."
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 53 posts
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 17:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet settles into his spot in the tree and keeps watch for the time being...
Dungeon Master
 GM, 210 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 02:03
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
The gunslinger, cleric and mayors wife head towards the temple. Hamlet still remains in the tree. He watches the blacksmith and some villagers heading to the blacksmith as well as the mage and tiger heading towards the inn. All is quiet. Everyone goes in seperate directions and the rogue soon cannot see anyone else. As he happens to look around keeping his watch, he makes out something moving through the woods heading towards the marketplace.

TEMPLE: Talitha
The temple is silent. No signs of life comes from it. Pike leads them to the main door and pulls out a key, unlocking it and motions for Tal and the wife to enter.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 54 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 03:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet shifts in the tree in order to hide better from whatever it is coming from the woods.  He knocks an arrow and tries to make out who or what it is.

OOC:
21:45, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 22 using 1d20+9.  Stealth.
21:47, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 20 using 1d20+7.  Perception.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 131 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 14:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha enters the temple and sees that it looks like the way it was when she left it this morning.
"If there are more of these sick or disturbed people in town we need to be able to either isolate them  and treat them; or keep the healthy people in a safe place where they won't be attacked. Pike, do you think we could prepare the temple to work as either of these?"

She looks around at the windows and the other possible entries or exits.
"Last thing I'd like here is to have a place that we think it's safe and then find out too late that it had an exit or entrance we haven't accounted for."

She also looks at the widow. She suspects the woman will not be in the best position currently to make this kind of decisions, but being the mayor's widow gives her a knowledge and position she cannot ignore.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:54, Thu 26 Nov.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 212 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 15:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
Eyes narrowed and unable to see in the dark, Hamlet can just tell there's at least three people moving towards the village. They don't seem to see the rogue as he's hidden well and the darkness does help. There's some buildings nearbye, easy enough to get to if things don't go as expected. Watching. Waiting. The rogue seems safe for now. The three people move towards the marketplace at a slow pace about thirty feet from the rogue's hidden spot above them. He can't make out much, notching an arrow.

TEMPLE: Talitha
Pike turns and looks at the gunslinger "Look, I know what needs to be done. But from seeing you with the villagers and with all do respect-all you have done was order them around.  And now you did the same thing to me. I don't appreciate it. This is my home and this is a place of peace and relaxation. A place to focus and heal. No one will enter this place, not while I stand to defend people. So please stop alright? I understand your worried and I feel you are more worried for yourself. I worry for everyone in this village." The cleric's voice is oddly calm but her eyes are narrowed upon the gunslinger "You needed help, so I provided it to you. The will of Sarenrae. You need to be calm and it will be hard, as I do not understand what has just occured." She takes a deep breath.

The mayor's wife sits down, staring at the ground and seems very out of it and seems to be morning. Pike kneels down to her, not touching her and then stands back up "When I left, I made sure to close all the windows and the back door is locked up. Your safe, Talitha. So are we. Relax. No one will get within these walls. We have several rooms to heal the injured and keep them safe."
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 133 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 17:48
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha raises both her hands to put herself in a defensive position as she's been told again.
"Ok, your house your rules. I don't want you to think I am ordering around; specially after letting me in your home when I needed a place to stay. I am really thankful for helping me when I needed help so I'll try to change my way of speaking so I don't sound like I'm giving orders."
She smiles at both
"I'll give you time to take a decision and in the meantime I'll keep watch outside. Just shout if you need me here and I'll be right in."
And she moves back outside to keep an eye on the street.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 56 posts
Thu 26 Nov 2020
at 23:03
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet holds his position and watches the shambling figures as best he can to see what they do.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 214 posts
Fri 27 Nov 2020
at 16:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
Hard to tell if they are people or creatures but they stop for a moment and then move forwards towards the marketplace. Soon they dissapear into the darkness. Hamlet takes a deep breath, still holding the bow and arrow but seems to relax to a degree. Its a silent night. The moon above shines down upon the village. Flickers of light comes from all around, probably from candlelights. He shifts in his 'treetop'.

TEMPLE: Talitha
Pike starts to make sure all the openings are fully closed. She looks at the smiling gunslinger, trying to figure her out. It seems the cleric ignores the fact that there is a decision to make-as it was decided. She sighs and goes back to work. The widow sits in the pew silently, looking down at the ground.

Outside, nothing creeps out. Tal notices a graveyard but hard to tell how long it goes. The streets are quiet. There's some candlelight flickering above from some of the second floors but not all of them have them. Crickets make some noise. Its seems to be very eery. From the temple, the gunslinger can't really see much. Being a human, she's basically blind at night.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 135 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Fri 27 Nov 2020
at 23:59
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha stays silent looking at the outside of the building. She might not she much once it gets dark, but she keeps her other senses sharp to check the outside. She's also very aware of any noise coming from the inside of the temple, in case she needs to rush in.

OoC: what time is it more approx? is it getting dark already?
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 58 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 14:08
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet, seeing that the coast is somewhat clear, makes his way across a branch near a building, lowers himself and swings across to the rooftop.

OOC:
08:06, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 29 using 1d20+9.  Acrobatics.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 218 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 15:04
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
Taking a deep breath, the rogue gets his footing. He spots nearbye a small roof. Hamlet walks along a branch like a toprope and he jumps into the air. With a flip, he lands on top of the roof, rolling across it for a few feet. Perfect landing. As he looks down, the three creatures or persons he saw seem to be gone. It seems he is safe, least for now. As he looks around, he doesn't see a way for the creatures to get up and he's still about 15' from the ground. Its about 20' long, 30' wide. Its hard to tell if this is a home or a building like a small place to buy something. Still, there's some candlelights but its hard to really tell where the inn is or the smithy or anything else for that matter.

TEMPLE: Talitha
The gunslinger leans against the wall near the open doorway. She looks around but doesn't hear anything as she's basically blinded being nighttime. Still some candlelights flicker here and there from small houses. It seems peaceful despite what had happened some time before. Nothing can be heard within the temple besides the cleric rechecking the area inside. Some light comes from within the temple. Candlelight. Its quiet.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 59 posts
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 18:27
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet sits silently for a moment on the rooftop, listening to the night time sounds of the village.  Once a bit more comfortable he pulls out his bedroll and makes a comfy spot to lay.  He pulls out an iron ration and nibbles on this and that as he lays back watching the stars twinkle overhead.  He reflects on this odd predicament he finds himself in and the people he's encountered today.  Finding a bit of peace, he drifts off to sleep.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 137 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Sat 28 Nov 2020
at 19:23
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After a while Talitha looks inside the temple again from the entrance door, checking if both Pike and the widow are ok.
If she sees them she'll nod at them with a smile to confirm that everything is fine.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 220 posts
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 13:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE: Hamlet
As the rogue eyes go tired and he drifts off to sleep nothing happen. But the sounds of nature have become less. They are intact but seem almost lost. About a hour passes by. Two hours. He sleeps on the hard ground, trying to find a decent spot in his irratic sleep but its possible. He doses off at times. But then some stirs in the treetops some distance off. Upon occasiona, Hamlet glances down at the ground below. Nothing stirs. Candlelights flicker in some of the buildings that have second floors. Some on the first. But as he peers down he can make out three or four forms. Hard to tell what they are but they are moving at a steady gate. They stop at times.

OOC
Make a Perception Check


TEMPLE: Talitha
Time passes. A hour. Two hours. Some candlelights slight burn in the distance but some are puffed out. Nothing happens. The cleric comes over to the door and motions for the gunslinger come in and rest.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 60 posts
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 14:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Feeling safe enough, Hamlet lays prone at the edge of the roof and casually observes the movements in the distance.

OOC:
08:32, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 14 using 1d20+7.  Perception.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 138 posts
 HP 23/25; AC 19
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 15:05
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha after a couple of hours keeping an eye to the outside of the temple (or looking at the darkness while listen for weird noises) gets into the temple as Pike comes out and talk to her.
"Do you mind if I stay here tonight as well? I won't be a problem."
Looks around at the windows and the other entrances checking how safe they are inside the temple, afraid to ask the cleric. She doesn't want her to feel like she's undermining her.
"Will the major's... wife stay here as well?"
She looks at her wondering if going back to her house may not be the best idea.
"Tomorrow with more light I'll have a look around town for any more of these people."
She wraps herself in a blanket in one of the corners and gets ready to sleep, with her gun by her side and ready to rest for tonight.

I check the windows and other entrances discretely to see if they are safely locked.