(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 77 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2020
at 22:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha focuses on the sound. Now she's annoyed by the sound and probably won't be able to go back to sleep until she shouts it. She still things it's an old opened window or something of that kind.
She moves silently towards the right side following the sound.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 129 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2020
at 23:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After checking the windows, she find one of the shutters slamming against the window and frame. Easily she can get the window open and pull it closed, snapping it into place. The woman closes the window. She does realize its dark outside, hard to tell how long she was asleep.
Pike Trickfoot
 NPC, 3 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 02:25
(IC) Village of Mapleville
One of the doors opens and in walks the gnome. Yawning and wiping the sleep from her eyes, she looks around and spots Tal "Oh hello. Your up? Thought I heard something. You okay?" She moves towards the gunslinger and yawns again. Pike is dressed in a simple white sleeping gown, and no boots. Her hair is slightly tussled and she sniffs.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 78 posts
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 06:09
(IC) Village of Mapleville
EDITED
Talitha turns to the gnome and speaks quietly.
"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up. A noise woke me up and I couldn't go back to bed. I think it was a problem with a shutter in a window or something like this. I think I managed to solve it."
She stays silent, listening if the noise repeats again. It doesn't.
"Sorry again for waking you up. I'll go back to bed."
Talitha walks back to where she was and goes back to sleep for a few more hours.

07:04, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 21 using 1d20+7. Perception. [roll=1601273051.0897.347974]

This message was last edited by the player at 11:56, Mon 28 Sept.

Pike Trickfoot
 NPC, 4 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
Mon 28 Sep 2020
at 12:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"It is alright. Would you want to talk? Your new here right?" Pike sits down by the alter, lighting a few candles. She places her hands on her lap as she watches the stature of Sarenrae for a moment. The gnome turns and watches as Tal goes to drift off to sleep. Shrugging, she turns back to the small statue, kneels downa and starts to prey while closing her eyes.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 79 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 21:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha goes back to where she was sleeping and tries to go back to sleep. She feels a little bit guilty of waking up the gnome, and she thinks of apologizing in the morning once she wakes up.
With that thought in her mind she falls asleep again.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 130 posts
Wed 30 Sep 2020
at 00:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
TEMPLE OF SARENRAE: Tal
The gnome walks over to the girl, adjusting her blankets. She sighs and goes back to her quarters.

A few hours later, the gnome comes out and opens the shutters, letting in the light. She has no armor or weapons, just wearing her simple gown. The gnome gets all the shutters open and kneels down for a moment. Pike whispers something and stands up. She looks around and opens the outer door, letting in the light.

Its a crisp morning, slightly cold but comfortable. Pike puts down a rock to hold the door open. She looks around and leans out as she has no boots then pulls the rock back closing the door.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:04, Fri 02 Oct.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 81 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 10:30
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha wakes up as the chilly breeze filters through the door and windows. She sees the gnome moving energetically. Then she stands up and starts packing and cleaning the area she used to sleep. Folds the blankets and the pillow and leaves it over a chair. Then moved where the gnome is.
"Good morning Pike. Thank you for letting me stay here, it was very kind of you. And sorry I woke you up in the middle of the night it was not my intention. Can I help you with anything? Is there any way I can repay you for helping me yesterday?"
She smiles and checks what the gnome does, trying to find a way to lend a hand.
Pike Trickfoot
 NPC, 5 posts
 Cleric of Sarenrae
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 12:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Its alright. And no, nothing is needed. Morning routine." The gnome smiles back at her and sits down on a pew "You look like you needed a place to stay so I obliged. Plus you know it was pouring out." She puts her hair up into a ponytail and stretches then stands up.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 82 posts
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 14:16
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Ok, but please let me know if I can be of any help. I'd love to help if possible while I'm still here. Now if your really don't need help with anything I'll go to the market and check where and when is the next caravan back to the city."
Then she gets ready to go check in town about the way out of town.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:29, Sat 03 Oct.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 2 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2020
at 21:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
A grungy cloaked figured wanders cautiously in from the south of town.  Surveying the activity, he approaches the market and begins to peruse the shops.

He's clearly been unsheltered for quite some time as his gear is quite dusty.  Loaded on his back are a short bow and quiver, backpack, and a shortsword on his hip.

He casually wanders the market, going shop to shop, apparently not finding anything of interest.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 136 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2020
at 21:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Zella, the innkeeper watches from her doorway. She leans against it sipping her tea. The other people slowly entered the marketplace as the woman watched. She spots Tal and shakes her head, looking over at the gunslingers pouch still sitting on a barrel nearbye. The woman turns and goes back inside but leave the door open and flips the sign from closed to open.

The mayor's wife doesn't come out from her home. Pulling up his tent, Humphree sits down and fiddles with some sort of objects "Welcome to Humphree! Come one come all! Oh! Over here!" He spots Tal and motions for her to come over and spots the rugged looking man "Who be that eh? New? Seems like we got more these days! Come and sit."

Several others that run misc market tents start to sell their wares. A burly man walks over with a small wheelcart full of wood. He offers some to a young woman and she accepts, giving him some odds and ends-probably food. Despite the poorness of this village, everyone seems to get along.

A man slowly enters the marketplace. He pulls off his hood, glancing about. To Tal, she knows him as Xander. He doesn't seem to spot her and walks into the inn. A few minutes later, he walks out and goes to head back out of the village.

Pike walks to the marketplace as well, unarmed and not within her armor. Some people smile at her and she nods. She goes to the blacksmith again and talks to him, then starts to head back to the small temple. She waves at Humphree who waves back and she stops at a market stall, talking to a older man. He tosses her an apple and she smiles before heading back to the temple.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:58, Sun 04 Oct.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 3 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2020
at 23:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Catching his attention, the stranger meanders over to Humphree's tent and looks on curiously from several feet away.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 83 posts
Mon 5 Oct 2020
at 14:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha once again walks around the market, trying to find some information about the caravans in and out of town. She came on one caravan from the city and she's trying to find out when is the next one back to the city.
She's trying to make the trip back to the city as safe as possible.
Humphree
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2020
at 13:29
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Come on now. Sit I say." The gnome grumbles and glances at the newcomer "See anything ye like eh? Baubles and bits of baubles, used fer other baubles." He fiddles around in a pouch, sounding like something is inside of it. The gnome pulls out a green colored ring "There it be. Bet you'd like this no?"
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 5 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2020
at 14:07
(IC) Village of Mapleville
An expression of concern comes to his face as the stranger furls his brow apprehensively.  His eyes jump from bauble to bauble and then to the green ring.  Without moving, he asks "How much for the ring?" examining it with great intensity, not so much for the interest in the ring as the interest in the gnome himself.  Quickly he calculates it's value in his mind.

OOC - 09:06, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 21 using 1d20+6.  Appraise.
Humphree
 NPC, 5 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 07:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Let me see. Let me...oh yes. 50 gold." The gnome watches the man "For you? Well...40 gold." Humphree smiles "Willing to trade of course, willing to trade."
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 6 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 11:00
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The stranger watches the gnome carefully a moment, then quickly glances to each of the shoppers near his table before cautiously stepping up to the chair.

OOC:
05:56, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 17 using 1d20+6.  Sense Motive - trying to gauge if the gnome thinks he's being fair.
05:55, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 22 using 1d20+6.  Perception - watching everyone closely before approaching to protect from pick-pockets.


He slides his backpack off his shoulders and places it on the ground between his legs protectively as he sits in the chair.  "How'd ya come by it?" he asks as he unbuckles his pack and begins to rummage through it.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:35, Thu 08 Oct.

Dungeon Master
 GM, 138 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 17:02
(IC) Village of Mapleville
So far so good. The gnome seems to be as honest as any businessman. No one approaches least not anyone that gets real close to him. Everyone seems to be chatting-typical daily issues. "Does it matter? I have it and think you want it no?" He seems down to earth about the trading and business. Occasionally, he yells at anyone that get too close to his shop-that looks like they are indeed stealing. He waves to Tal again, trying to get her attention.

The sylph comes back to the square once more. He then heads towards the lake and his tiger isn't with him-least its not noticable and out in the open. He tucks some gear under his shoulder.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 7 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 19:04
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Name's Hamlet" he says relaxing a bit as the sound of clinking glass emanates from his pack.  He produces a small vial with a red liquid inside.  "Paid fifty gold for this.  Cure-light wounds potions sell quick.  You can have it for the ring and 10 gold."  He places the vial on the table, but keeps his hand on it.  His eyes rise to meet the with the gnome's as he awaits a response.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 84 posts
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 20:09
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha is wondering around the different shops and stalls asking them something and then leaving. When she sees Humphree warning at her she smiles and waves back. She seems hesitant to approach the gnome as he seems busy trying to close a deal, so she patiently waits for him to finish his business.
In the meantime she just lean on a tree and observes the people chatting and going on with their things, enjoying the beauty of a simpler life.
Humphree
 NPC, 6 posts
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 16:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"No. No and wait a minute...." The old gnome leans forwards and motions for him to do the same "No." He leans back in his chair "Pish posh. Its useless! Just spins around in the glass. Bah! And I'd pay yah!" He mutters something "Got a bracelet. Simple gold. Rare I say. 100 gold!" He grins and pulls it out "Nevermind I say. Nevermind. So what are yer interested in besides that ring yer been fancing on?"
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 8 posts
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 18:10
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet snorts and gently places the vial back into his pouch.  Shaking his head, "I'm not unfamiliar with these tactics."  He flips the pack back over his shoulder as he rises from the table and looks around once again.  "I'd consider working for the ring if you have need of my skills, but nothing else interests me unfortunately."  He steps to the edge of the tent, "Anyplace you'd recommend for a hot bath?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 139 posts
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 18:19
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Tactics? Is that what I used? No I simply asked. You think I am made of gold? Do you? I trade. Give you gold...." The gnome looks rather annoyed "The inn! Go on!" He motions for Tal to come over "Stop staring at the lad!" He pulls out a small pouch.

Other people just do their typical daily chores. No one mentions anything odd. Everyone seems to be calm. Two young children-boy and a girl chase after one another. One of them darts into the inn and the young girl stops apparently not seeing her brother.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 10 posts
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 19:48
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Thanks" he says without turning around and adjusts his gear a bit before stepping back onto the road and turning towards the inn.  Feeling a bit more comfortable, having had his first conversation in weeks, he begins to rehearse in his head what he might say to the innkeeper.